COMING OF AGE

CD 1 (60:20)
1. Lunar Sea (8:57)
2. Hymn to Her (6:34)
3. Rhayader (2:53)
4. Rhayader goes to Town (5:03)
5. Preparation (3:19)
6. Dunkirk (5:05)
7. Drafted (4:28)
8. Docks (3:54)
9. Beached (4:00)
10. Spirit of the Water (3:09)
11. Ice (9:40)
12. Sasquatch (4:18)

CD 2: (63:05)
1. Milk n'Honey (3:23)
2. Mother Road (4:29)
3. Needles (2:30)
4. Rose of Sharen (5:09)
5. Irish Air (0:57)
6. Irish Air Reprise (2:27)
7. Harbours of tears (3:16)
8. Cobh (0:52)
9. Send Home the Slates (4:04)
10. Under the Moon (1:46)
11. Watching the Bobbins (7:38)
12. Eyes of Ireland (3:13)
13. Running From Paradise (5:39)
14. End of the Day (2:44)
15. Coming of Age (7:38)
16. The Hour Candle (7:20)

Search CAMEL Coming Of Age lyrics

Search CAMEL Coming Of Age tabs

- Andrew Latimer/ guitar, vocals
- Colin Bass / bass vocals
- Foss Patterson / keyboards
- Dave Stewart / drums

Guest:
- Mae McKenna / vocals on "Irish Air"

Camelproductions
CP-008CD

and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

CAMEL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAMEL Coming Of Age Music

CamelCamel
MSI:UNIVERSAL/UM3 2002
Dust & DreamsDust & Dreams
Camel Productions 1992
Rainbows End: A Camel Anthology 1973-1985Rainbows End: A Camel Anthology 1973-1985
Box set · Import · Remastered
Ume Imports 2010
I Can See Your House From HereI Can See Your House From Here
Universal I.S. 1990
SOPWITH CAMEL - TREADIN/HELLO, HELLO - 45 W/SLEEVE US $0.99 [0 bids]
29m 46s
THE SOPWITH CAMEL rare 1994 issue ONE WAY records 12 tracks MINT CD US $31.99 Buy It Now 58m 33s
Peter Frampton Frampton's Camel LP 1973 A&M SP 4389 Vinyl Record US $3.79 Buy It Now 1h 13m
SOPWITH CAMEL sopwith camel LP VG Promo KLPS 8060 Vinyl 1967 Record US $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Frampton's Camel Vinyl LP, Peter Frampton US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 57m
GRACE GALE - FEW EASY STEPS TO SECURE HELI-CAMEL SAFETY - NEW CD US $3.10 Buy It Now 4h 27m
Camel - A Live Record 2LP (London) GXG-1019/20 NM-/NM- Japanese pressing US $22.00 Buy It Now 4h 45m
VOYEUR s/t SEALED LP mca camel '85 funk Dazz Band US $5.99 Buy It Now 5h 8m
CAMEL & MONKEY / PRINCESS & PEA - CHILDREN'S RECORD PICTURTONE 10366 / 10466 US $4.25 Buy It Now 5h 23m
Camel Music Inspired by The Snow Goose Japanese Import Album US $9.99 [0 bids]
Shri Camel by Terry Riley (Composer), Terry Riley (CD, Mar-1988, Columbia (USA)) US $5.99 [0 bids]
Pete Bardens Speed Of Light CD Camel Mick Fleetwood US $13.99 Buy It Now 6h 3m
PETER FRAMPTON'S CAMEL: Frampton's Camel LP (WLP, w/ promo poster, punch hole) US $30.00 Buy It Now 6h 15m
CAMEL-RAIN DANCES-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Ltd/Ed G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 6h 54m
CAMEL-MOONMADNESS -JAPAN MINI LP PLATINUM SHM-CD Ltd/Ed I50 US $43.50 Buy It Now 7h 44m
CAMEL-MOONMADNESS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Ltd/Ed G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 8h 4m
CAMEL-RAIN DANCES-JAPAN MINI LP PLATINUM SHM-CD Ltd/Ed I50 US $43.50 Buy It Now 8h 26m
Camel - Breathless US $12.00 [0 bids]
Camel - Nude French Import US $20.00 [0 bids]
Camel - Rain Dances US $12.00 [0 bids]
Camel - The Single Factor US $12.00 [0 bids]
1982 - Camel - The SINGLE FACTOR - Excellent US $5.10 Buy It Now 8h 37m
CAMEL-THE SNOW GOOSE-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Ltd/Ed G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 8h 38m
12" HAR MAR SUPERSTAR dui-cut me up-back the camel up-body request PROMO US $1.25 [0 bids]
CARAVAN The Battle of Hastings CD PROG (Camel, Egg, Hatfield & The North, Khan) US $17.99 [0 bids]
Goodman, Benny Complete Camel Caravan Shows CD US $9.11 Buy It Now 9h 9m
The Groovers - Put Me Down Easy/I Want To Go Back Home UK Pama Camel VG/VG- US $34.99 Buy It Now 9h 20m
Framptons Camel Self Titled Rock LP A&M Records SP 4389 US $2.00 Buy It Now 9h 39m
CAMEL-THE SNOW GOOSE-JAPAN MINI LP PLATINUM SHM-CD Ltd/Ed I50 US $43.50 Buy It Now 9h 47m
PETER FRAMPTON - "Frampton's Camel" LP 1973 EARLY US + 2 POSTERS - (Porky/Pecko) US $24.88 Buy It Now 9h 47m
CAMEL-I CAN SEE YOUR HOUSE FROM HERE-JAPAN SHM-CD D50 US $20.99 Buy It Now 10h 23m
CAMEL-MOONMADNESS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-SACD Ltd/Ed K25 US $48.99 Buy It Now 10h 36m
CAMEL-RAIN DANCES-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-SACD Ltd/Ed K25 US $48.99 Buy It Now 12h 40m
Pete Bardens /Heart To Heart [BVCM37617] JAPAN MINI LP CD NEW CAMEL US $29.99 Buy It Now 13h 45m
"A Man IS Not a Camel" Frenzal Rhomb *NEAR MINT* 1999 CD US $10.01 Buy It Now 14h 5m
CAMEL-RAIN DANCES + 7-JAPAN SHM-CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 15h 41m
CAMEL-MOONMADNESS + 5-JAPAN SHM-CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 15h 41m
CAMEL - RAIN DANCES (IMPORT) NEW CD US $41.34 Buy It Now 16h 32m
Peter Frampton - Frampton's Camel [CD New] US $14.29 Buy It Now 16h 59m
Idrees & Jamila Sulieman - The Camel. Original Swedish Columbia 1964 LP US $50.00 [0 bids]
Tru Blues (CD 1996) By RCA BMG and Camel 12 songs Rockin the Blues Fannie Mae US $7.99 Buy It Now 20h 4m
FORCE 7 lifeline 12" 2 trk b/w catwalk dub (sc002) silver camel company sleeve u US $8.28 Buy It Now 20h 53m
CAMEL DRIVERS Sunday Morning 6 O'Clock - Original US 7" - Sunshine Pop Psych US $4.96 [0 bids]
CAMEL MIRAGE CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $149.36 Buy It Now 22h 26m
Camel - Echoes (The Retrospective, 1999) 2 CD BOX SET -FREE FASTPOST US $31.85 Buy It Now 22h 39m
THE ORIGINAL STARFIRES on APT-Fender Bender/Camel Walk Two worn but plays great US $8.99 [0 bids]
GLEN GRAY - CAMEL CARAVAN - FANFARE LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
Henry Price Tin Gee Gee Childrens song Elephant & Portmanteau Camel Butterfly US $3.00 [0 bids]
THE SOPWITH CAMEL - POSTCARD FROM JAMAICA / LITTLE ORPHAN ANNIE KAMA SUTRA US $15.00 Buy It Now 23h 54m
1970's Walt Disney Read Along Kit " How The Camel Got His Hump" complete set US $8.00 [0 bids]
CAMEL Pressure Points Live in Concert JAPAN LTD MINI LP SHM-CD SEALED US $24.99 [0 bids]
Camel - Camel NEW CD US $9.13 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL FOOTAGE - NEW DVD US $23.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Sopwith Camel Self Titled 12 Tracks Very Good Condition CD US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL - MOONMADNESS [DELUXE EDITION] [BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD BOXSET US $20.28 Buy It Now 1 day
The Sopwith "Camel" 45 Treadin'/Hello Hello Kama Sutra #KA217 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob And Tom Camel Toe 2 CD Set US $21.99 [0 bids]
Peter Frampton's Camel 12" vinyl LP '73 A&M SP4389 rock US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL The Snow Goose GP-156 LP Ac2761 US $7.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL THE SINGLE FACTOR LP NEAR MINT US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel Nude PB6008 US $6.97 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL - CAMEL [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel The Single Factor PB6013 US $6.97 Buy It Now 1 day
TERRY RILEY-SHRI CAMEL-Orig 1st run CBS Masterworks LP-vinyl=VG+ cover=VG+ US $29.98 [0 bids]
Sopwith Camel - 12" vinyl LP - US US $3.99 [0 bids]
Pete Bardens "Further Than You Know" CD Camel Space Jazz Symphonic Rock US $1.50 [0 bids]
GLENDON & MAXINE FALOON SING CAMEL TRAIN, EAB 123074 CHARLESTON US $40.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PETER FRAMPTON "Frampton's Camel" LP 1973 A&M records Humble Pie VG++ Vinyl US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel Slow yourself Down MCA 1601 UK Vinyl LP N/Mint US $25.48 Buy It Now 1 day
The Snow Goose [Bonus Tracks] [Remaster] by Camel (CD, Jun-2002, Universal/Um3) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SOPWITH CAMEL, THE: Postcard From Jamaica/Little Orphan Annie rock US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel - ON THE ROAD 1972 - US Lady Fantasy White Rider Prog CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL - THE SNOW GOOSE 1st Polish Press Cassette BUY UP TO 4 & PAY SHIPP FOR 1 US $8.90 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL - RAIN DANCES 1st Polish Pressing Cassette BUY UP TO 4 & PAY SHIPP FOR 1 US $8.90 Buy It Now 1 day
RaRe Import CAMEL I Can See Your House From Here Promo LP + Insert US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL-PRESSURE POINTS - CAMEL LIVE IN CONCERT-10 TRACK CD 1984 LONDON LABEL-RARE US $24.81 Buy It Now 1 day
Stationary Traveller by Camel (CD, Jul-1989, Decca (USA)) US $4.50 [0 bids]
SOPWITH CAMEL--PICTURE SLEEVE + 45--(POSTCARD FROM JAMAICA)--PS--PIC---SLV US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LED ZEPPELIN Kraftwerk QUEEN Neil Young STYX Camel RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" PRO 1979 US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel/self titled/new cd/bonus tracks US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGIC SAM 45 Do Camel Walk / Every Night About This Time -Jewel 871 gray marble US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Terry Riley Shri Camel CBS M35164 RARE US $77.70 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL On The Road 1982 JAPAN mini lp CD SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel . Moonmadness . 2013 . NM . MOVLP714 . 180 Gram Vinyl Import LP US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel . The Snow Goose . 2011 . NM . MOVLP382 . 180 Gram Vinyl Import LP  US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Tiger - Guilty/Funny Funny Man Pama Camel 1971 Skinhead Reggae VG US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Few Easy Steps to Secure Heli-Camel Safety, Grace Gale, Very Good US $3.50 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL Snow Goose UK Original LP Decca Insert 1W/1W Near Mint ! Free Shipping ! US $54.95 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL Moon Madness UK Original LP Decca Near Mint ! Free Signed-for Shipping !!! US $59.95 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL Breathless 1978 UK Original LP Decca w/Insert Near Mint ! Free Shipping ! US $43.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ABU HAFLA ORCHESTRA - WANNA BUY A CAMEL? TURKISH PRESSING RARE US $60.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel Dust And Dreams Thai Cassette Seal OOP 3 USD SHIPPING REGISTERED WORLDWIDE US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel On The Road 1972 Cassette Seal OOP 3 USD SHIPPING REGISTERED WORLDWIDE US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL RAIN DANCES ISRAELI 1st PRESS LP PAX ISRAEL US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Anthony Phillips A Catch At The Tables UK CD NEW '91 Virgin Genesis Camel X-Cess US $49.00 Buy It Now 1 day
KILLAWATT camel \ thai chilli 12" WS EX/ uk killawatt KWT001 US $14.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan Cool Water UK CD *NEW Orig 1994 HTD Camel Richard Sinclair Wilde Flowers US $26.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel - Snow Goose [CD New] US $18.46 Buy It Now 1 day
FIVE BOB & TOM Q 95 COMEDY CD'S CAMEL TOE TWIN GEEKS RADIOGRAM GREATEST HITS US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL-Mirage-'74 UK PROGRESSIVE-NEW CD US $32.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy CAMEL music online Buy CAMEL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAMEL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAMEL Coming Of Age ratings distribution

CAMEL Coming Of Age reviews

Review by lor68
5 stars Fantastic comeback by Latimer & Company, witnessing his splendid "Harbour of Tears Tour". The title track is unforgettable, as well as those ones from the concept album based upon the novel by J. Steimback'd "The Grapes of Wrath", that is "Dust and Dreams", the definitive imprinting of CAMEL in the early nineties. Long Live CAMEL!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#2482) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 01, 2004

4 stars There is something about Andy Latimer's voice that really touches my heart, when I hear him sing he has my full attention. Not to mention he's one of my favourite guitar players as well, so you might guess i'm a huge CAMEL fan. To me, CAMEL makes soul music. And this double live record taken from the "Harbour of Tears" tour is a "must have".

I love the way it starts with "Lunar Sea" with the great keyboards and arrangments on it. And the guitar intro on "Hymn To Her" and the whole song actually is awesome. The next four songs are from the "Snow Goose", enough said, but the flute and guitar are beautiful. The next three songs are from "Nude" and begin with a beautiful piano line and when the vocals come in it's emotional. "Spirit Of Water" is a fragile, gentle, haunting song.Then the guitar solo on "Ice" is both jaw-dropping and mind-numbing ! Highlights on the second disc for me are "Harbour of Tears" and "Coming of Age", but it's all good.

Highly recommended !

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#92702) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 30, 2006

Review by erik neuteboom
3 stars Camel is one of my favorite symphonic prog bands and I have seen them many times since their Nude tour in 1981, I love to be carried away by Andy Latimer his moving guitarwork! This 2-CD is a registration of a concert in Los Angeles (1997) with an integral version of the album Harbour Of Tears (on CD-2), to me this live version sounds superior to the less dynamic and less captivating studio performance. CD-1 contains 'classics' like Lunar Sea, Rhayader Goes To Town, Drafted and Sasquatch and Ice that delivers my favorite Andy Latimer guitar solo, what a great build-up and emotion! Although the band (featuring bassplayer Colin Bass, Foss Patterson on keyboards and Dave Stewart on drums) plays tight and inspired, to me this concert doesn't sound very exciting, I miss a spark like during the line-up with Mickey Simmonds on keyboards. Nonethless, this 2-CD is still a wonderful symphonic prog experience, I hope Andy Latimer will recover soon from his disease at this moment! My rating: 3,5 stars.

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#155149) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
5 stars Milk n'Honey

When I reviewed the DVD version of Coming Of Age--a long-standing personal favourite of mine--some five or more years ago, I assumed that this 2CD version of the same concert had the exact same audio content and thus that I didn't need not bother with it. Some days ago I noticed that this assumption was mistaken and that there are actually three tracks on this double CD release that were edited out from the video. These are Preparation and Dunkirk (both originally from The Snowgoose album) and Milk n'Honey (originally from Dust And Dreams). This means about ten extra minutes of music that was not included on the DVD. This justifies reviewing this double CD separately now that I have finally heard it.

There is about 15 minutes each from the albums The Snowgoose, Moonmadness, I Can See Your House From Here, Nude, and Dust And Dreams respectively, while nothing at all from Stationary Traveller, Breathless, Rain Dances, Mirage, or the self-titled debut. This might seem a bit lopsided, but everything that is here is excellent. One might speculate that one reason that the first two albums were overlooked is that this concert was recorded in America where these early albums may be less popular(?)

There is a strong focus here on the band's conceptual albums: The Snowgoose, Nude, Dust And Dreams, and Harbour Of Tears. The tracks taken from these albums are performed together in little sections, and in the case of Harbour Of Tears it is here in its entirety. There are four tracks from The Snowgoose (Rhayader, Rhayader Goes To Town, Preparation, and Dunkirk); three from Nude (Drafted, Docks, and Beached); four from Dust And Dreams (Milk n'Honey, Mother Road, Needles, and Rose Of Sharon); and, as I said, the complete Harbour Of Tears.

Moonmadness is represented by a brilliant version of Lunar Sea as well as the mellow Spirit Of The Water; I Can See Your House From Here by Hymn To Her and the superb Ice; and, finally, The Single Factor is represented by Sasquatch. Overall, about half of the numbers are instrumentals. The performances are absolutely top notch and filled with emotion. These versions are generally superior to their studio counterparts.

Coming Of Age is a live masterpiece. Having either this double CD or the DVD is essential, but having both is probably only essential for fans like me. Since neither is clearly superior to the other I have to give the CD version the same rating as the DVD, which is undoubtedly five stars. But also don't miss out on the equally fantastic Never Let Go live double album.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#1104219) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Review by Gatot
3 stars Camel is one of vintage prog bands that has become my attention even though I never cllam myself as their die-hard fan. But for sure, I enjoy their music - not as much with things like King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd or Marillion. To me, Camel is like good band that I should not miss any album but not something that I really want very much. It;s similar with my liking of neo prog where I love bands like IQ and Marillion but not so much enjoying the music of Jadis. Well, yeah ... I can compare Jadis and Camel ....as both are good bands but they do not always create good melody that are memorable. Of course I love the melodic one like Lady Fantasy.

Recorded in 1997 on a West Coast tour, this two hour concert includes an array of classic Camel material, as it includes "Harbour of Tears," "Spirit of The Water," "End of The Day," and many more. I am quite happy to enjoy Hymn to Her (6:34) being played at the beginning part of the concert. This was the first track I first knew the band in the seventies and I like it very much. And of course the two piece Rhayader (2:53) and Rhayader goes to Town (5:03) that I consider as classic tracks. I also enjoy Harbours of Tears that is performed well here.

Overall, it's a very good live record even though the vibes and energy are note typical any prog concerts performed by other classic bands. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#1133383) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 18, 2014

4 stars Coming of Age is a wonderful song in a rather dull CD, The Hour Candle a close second. But hearing them in a live CD makes them sparkle. This a double CD and You can hear a band trying to keep Its cool but They are tired and You can hear It in the versions but if You as Myself are Camel fans We ... (read more)

Report this review (#563925) | Posted by steelyhead | Monday, November 07, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars well I love the early camel very very much, and I love to late camel too, and this album take the early camel and the late camel and bind them together perfectly. with an amazing sound of live conecert, Andrew Latimer the leader of this show bring to us and amazing, exiting peaces of music, ... (read more)

Report this review (#126157) | Posted by proger | Sunday, June 17, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I think that Camel discography has real masterpieces ("Moonmadness", "Snow Goose" and "Nude") and forgettable albums ("Pressure Points", "Stationary Traveller"). This live recording it's an incredible demostration of what Camel can do on stage. Great versions of "Lunar Sea", "Drafted" and "Ice ... (read more)

Report this review (#40387) | Posted by progadicto | Tuesday, July 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Andy and Colin with the support of Foster Patterson and Dave Stewart (from Fish`s band) develop an amazing, espectacular performance full of Passion and Power where Andy despite the years plays the guitar like any master in the world besides the achieve a good process of understanding at stage. No j ... (read more)

Report this review (#2481) | Posted by Queno | Monday, March 08, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAMEL "Coming Of Age"