COMING OF AGE

CD 1 (60:20)
1. Lunar Sea (8:57)
2. Hymn to Her (6:34)
3. Rhayader (2:53)
4. Rhayader goes to Town (5:03)
5. Preparation (3:19)
6. Dunkirk (5:05)
7. Drafted (4:28)
8. Docks (3:54)
9. Beached (4:00)
10. Spirit of the Water (3:09)
11. Ice (9:40)
12. Sasquatch (4:18)

CD 2: (63:05)
1. Milk n'Honey (3:23)
2. Mother Road (4:29)
3. Needles (2:30)
4. Rose of Sharen (5:09)
5. Irish Air (0:57)
6. Irish Air Reprise (2:27)
7. Harbours of tears (3:16)
8. Cobh (0:52)
9. Send Home the Slates (4:04)
10. Under the Moon (1:46)
11. Watching the Bobbins (7:38)
12. Eyes of Ireland (3:13)
13. Running From Paradise (5:39)
14. End of the Day (2:44)
15. Coming of Age (7:38)
16. The Hour Candle (7:20)

Search CAMEL Coming Of Age lyrics

Search CAMEL Coming Of Age tabs

- Andrew Latimer/ guitar, vocals
- Colin Bass / bass vocals
- Foss Patterson / keyboards
- Dave Stewart / drums

Guest:
- Mae McKenna / vocals on "Irish Air"

Camelproductions
CP-008CD

and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

CAMEL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAMEL Coming Of Age Music

The Snow GooseThe Snow Goose
Camel Productions 2013
Camel- MirageCamel- Mirage
Universal I.S. 2002
MoonmadnessMoonmadness
Polygram UK 2002
Rainbows End: A Camel Anthology 1973-1985Rainbows End: A Camel Anthology 1973-1985
Box set · Import · Remastered
Rain DancesRain Dances
101 DISTRIBUTION 2009
CamelCamel
MSI:UNIVERSAL/UM3 2002
THE FABULOUS TARONADOS The Camel / Down In Texas FUNK NORTHERN SOUL 45 *HEAR IT US $36.00 [3 bids]
55m 55s
"Classic Rock" "The Sopwith Camel" "Self-Titled LP" "Rare Lp" US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h
GIUFFRIA (LP) "SILK & STEEL" 1986 CAMEL/MCA RECORDS US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
JOHN HOLT 45 Linger A While CAMEL UK Reggae #S20 US $15.00 [0 bids]
CAMEL - STATIONARY TRAVELLER - BONUS TRACKS (REISSUE) NEW CD US $33.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
CAMEL TOE - PELADA NEW CD US $18.24 Buy It Now 1h 18m
THE SOPWITH CAMEL 7" PROMO LITTLE ORPHAN ANNIE/POSTCARD FROM JAMAICA PICT Sleeve US $16.50 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Jack Nicholson/Bobby Mcferrin, Rhinoceros Got His Skin & Camel Got His Hump LP US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
CURRER BELL-Slinky b/w Camel's Iris 7" indie alternative goth Ltd 96/300 red US $4.99 [0 bids]
1966 THE SOPWITH CAMEL "HELLO HELLO" 45 7" US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 28m
Camel - Raindances NEW CD US $10.33 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Towing Camel 2 Funny Toe Truck iphone 4 4g 4s 5 & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $21.99 Buy It Now 6h 3m
Towing Camel 2 Funny Toe Truck iphone 4 4g 4s 5 & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $22.99 Buy It Now 6h 3m
Towing Camel 3 Funny Toe Truck iphone 4 4g 4s 5 & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $21.99 Buy It Now 6h 3m
Towing Camel 3 Funny Toe Truck iphone 4 4g 4s 5 & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $22.99 Buy It Now 6h 3m
Towing Camel 4 Funny Toe Truck iphone 4 4g 4s 5 & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $21.99 Buy It Now 6h 3m
Towing Camel 4 Funny Toe Truck iphone 4 4g 4s 5 & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $22.99 Buy It Now 6h 3m
CAMEL Nude RARE FIRST PRESS JAPAN CD OBI P33L-25004 US $39.99 Buy It Now 6h 12m
William Lyall - Solo Casting cd 1976 Phil Collins Pilot Alan Parsons 10CC Camel US $25.90 Buy It Now 6h 31m
Peter Bardens - The Answer Japan mini lp cd Camel Keats Steve Ellis Linda Lewis US $49.90 Buy It Now 6h 31m
Camel - Pressure Points Live Japan 1st cd DERAM Pete Bardens Ton Scherpenzeel US $29.90 Buy It Now 6h 31m
CAMEL LIVE RECORD JAPAN MADE 2 SHM MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT RARE UICY-94144 US $72.99 Buy It Now 8h 56m
Camel ?Rain Dances lp vinyl japanese edition with inner US $39.99 Buy It Now 10h 4m
CAMEL - RAIN DANCES - PORTUGAL 33 LP US $55.00 Buy It Now 10h 16m
CAMEL - BREATHLESS - SPAIN 33 LP US $55.00 Buy It Now 10h 16m
CAMEL - SLOW YOURSELF DOWN - SPAIN 33 LP US $65.00 Buy It Now 10h 16m
CAMEL - BREATHLESS rare UK 1st press DECCA LP + insert NM US $50.82 Buy It Now 10h 20m
CAMEL / THE SNOW GOOSE JAPAN CD OOP W/OBI US $29.99 Buy It Now 11h 39m
Camel-Underage UK prog psych cd US $18.99 Buy It Now 12h 6m
CLEAN! Peter Bardens-Vintage '69 UK TRA SAM-36 PROG/ROCK Camel LP NM US $29.95 Buy It Now 12h 32m
Camel - Rain Dances CD US $12.69 Buy It Now 12h 47m
CBS Idrees Sulieman CAMEL mini lp CD Swedish Jazz 1964 Sahib Shihab groove soul US $49.99 [0 bids]
Pete Bardens Further Than You Know Cassette *SEALED* Peter (Camel) US $4.99 Buy It Now 14h 20m
CAMEL THE SNOW GOOSE MOOG PROG ISRAEL ISRAELI LP DIFF COVER PAX RECORD 70s US $30.00 Buy It Now 14h 38m
CAMEL NUDE PROG ISRAEL ISRAELI LP HEBREW COVER PAX RECORDS 1981 US $30.00 Buy It Now 14h 38m
CAMEL A LIVE RECORD PROG ISRAEL ISRAELI 2 LP SET GATEFOLD COV HEBREW COVER PAX US $30.00 Buy It Now 14h 38m
CAMEL BREATHLESS PROG ISRAEL ISRAELI LP HEBREW COVER PAX RECORDS US $30.00 Buy It Now 14h 38m
HOW THE RHINOCEROS GOT HIS SKIN/HOW CAMEL GOT HUMP RARE OOP CHILDREN'S CD 1987 US $20.80 Buy It Now 14h 44m
CAMEL Breathless ARISTA AB 4206 Promo w/ Cut Corner PETER BARDENS (1978) US $12.00 Buy It Now 14h 50m
Camel Toe - Pelada [CD New] US $11.98 Buy It Now 14h 53m
Camel - Nude - Expanded Edition (NEW CD) US $19.89 Buy It Now 15h 19m
CAMEL Saudi Arabia 747 Cassette 7909 Slow Yourself Down PROG Progressive US $6.00 [0 bids]
WHO INVITED THEM LP PRIVATE PRESS 1978 UK PROG/ROCK.Camel,GRACIOUS - VERTIGO, US $33.87 Buy It Now 16h
Camel Camel Footage DVD US $20.97 Buy It Now 16h 19m
CAMEL THE SNOW GOOSE decca 75 -2W-3W UK orig laminated Lp EX US $42.35 Buy It Now 16h 23m
Camel-Moonmadness UK Decca prog lp near mint textured cover US $40.00 Buy It Now 17h 7m
Camel-Raindances UK Decca prog lp near mint with inner US $40.00 Buy It Now 17h 8m
Rock 45 THE CAMEL DRIVERS Sunday Morning 6' Clock on Buddah US $5.00 Buy It Now 17h 18m
Sopwith Camel Hello Hello 45 Treadin' Vinyl 7" DJ Copy Promo Pysch Kama Sutra US $4.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL I CAN SEE YOUR HOUSE FROM HERE DECCA TXS-R 137 INNER GONG CARAVAN VINYL LP US $11.84 [0 bids]
18h
CAMEL the single factor JAPAN mini lp SHM CD PETER BARDENS GENESIS CURVED AIR SS US $27.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL the paris collection JAPAN mini lp CD SEALED US $27.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL On The Road 1972 JAPAN mini lp CD SEALED US $27.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL coming of age JAPAN MINI LP 2 CD Andy Latimer SEALED US $36.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL On The Road 1982 JAPAN mini lp CD SEALED US $27.99 [0 bids]
Camel - Camel On The Road 1972 / TH Cassette US $29.99 Buy It Now 18h 34m
HAWERCHUK Camel Toe 12" NEW VINYL PLANET MU DUBSTEP US $9.99 Buy It Now 18h 59m
Psapp - The Camel's Back + Instrumentals - U.S. PROMO 2 cd - RARE! Digipak US $31.17 Buy It Now 19h
PETER FRAMPTON'S CAMEL 1973 JAPAN mini lp SHM CD HUMBLE PIE SEALED NEW US $27.99 [0 bids]
19h
Jessica Simpson Jett Tote-Camel US $30.00 [0 bids]
Camel - Moonmadness (1983) US $1.68 [1 bids]
Camel " Mirage" Deram Records/ Exc cond US $4.00 [0 bids]
Camel - A Live Record - 2 LP- Rare French Release - 1978 Decca BA-608 200.263 NM US $15.00 [0 bids]
CAMEL JAPAN OBI w/POSTER BREATHLESS US $49.99 Buy It Now 20h 37m
Peter Frampton - Camel - LP US $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 11m
CAMEL JUNKIES - EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK AND TWICE ON SUNDAY US $5.40 Buy It Now 21h 53m
Frampton's Camel- Frampton's Camel LP US $12.29 Buy It Now 22h 12m
Peter Frampton "Frampton's Camel" A&M 1973 w/ Wall Poster US $26.95 Buy It Now 22h 18m
? Peter Bardens - Write My Name in the Dust (of Camel, Them) US $19.99 Buy It Now 22h 20m
CAMEL - Moonmadness - Rare Original Prog Rock WHITE LABEL PROMO LP US $5.98 [0 bids]
Benny Goodman, Loch Lomond/Camel Hop, Victor 25717 US $6.00 [0 bids]
African Music Machine: Mr. Brown / Camel Time [Unplayed Copy] US $29.97 Buy It Now 23h 35m
RAY STEVENS W/CLYDE THE CAMEL 1962 "AHAB THE ARAB / IT'S BEEN SO LONG" NEAR MINT US $5.29 Buy It Now 23h 48m
UK Prog Rock 2X LP CAMEL THE COLLECTION 1985 Castle Compilation US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
1966 SOPWITH CAMEL HELLO HELLO #26 NM KAMA SUTRA 45 RPM RECORD US $3.99 [0 bids]
Peter Frampton Frampton's Camel 2008 Universal/Japan Mini LP SHM-CD UICY-93598 US $31.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HOT GOSSIP Break Me Into Little Pieces SEXY CAMEL TOE COVER 1984 Hi NRG 12" US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL - "Self Titled - 1st" CD (1973) ORIG US 1993 CAMEL PRODUCTIONS - RARE!! US $32.88 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL Pressure Points Live in Concert JAPAN LTD MINI LP SHM-CD SEALED US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL - Breathless ~ VINYL LP US $11.42 Buy It Now 1 day
camel 7":YVONNE HARRISON-knotty screw face (hear) US $25.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel - Mirage.Orig UK Deram Gama Records - SML 1107. EX++ US $66.00 [0 bids]
Echoes: Retrospective, Camel, Good US $16.68 Buy It Now 1 day
Sopwith Camel - Miraculous Hump Returns From T [CD New] US $25.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel - Stationary Traveller (1996) - New - Compact Disc US $9.09 Buy It Now 1 day
STUMP - LIGHTS! CAMEL! ACTION! CHARLTON HESTON MEETS.. ( UK 4 TRACK 12") US $10.15 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL - The Snow Goose (reissue) - 180 gram vinyl LP US $35.74 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL The Snow Goose Ex+ Decca 1975 France LP US $11.83 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL 'I CAN SEE YOUR HOUSE FROM HERE' UK LP US $15.23 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL 'BREATHLESS' UK LP US $15.23 Buy It Now 1 day
VARIOUS 'THE OLD GREY WHISTLE TEST TAKE TWO' UK DOUBLE LP GENESIS CAMEL HENDRIX US $18.62 Buy It Now 1 day
SOPWITH CAMEL THE - SOPWITH CAMEL THE - TECD203 US $19.18 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL - MOONMADNESS (180GM) NEW VINYL US $50.68 Buy It Now 1 day
Vtg 45 rpm record The Sopwith Camel Postcard From Jamaica Little Orphan Annie US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy CAMEL music online Buy CAMEL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAMEL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAMEL Coming Of Age ratings distribution

CAMEL Coming Of Age reviews

Review by lor68
5 stars Fantastic comeback by Latimer & Company, witnessing his splendid "Harbour of Tears Tour". The title track is unforgettable, as well as those ones from the concept album based upon the novel by J. Steimback'd "The Grapes of Wrath", that is "Dust and Dreams", the definitive imprinting of CAMEL in the early nineties. Long Live CAMEL!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#2482) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 01, 2004

4 stars There is something about Andy Latimer's voice that really touches my heart, when I hear him sing he has my full attention. Not to mention he's one of my favourite guitar players as well, so you might guess i'm a huge CAMEL fan. To me, CAMEL makes soul music. And this double live record taken from the "Harbour of Tears" tour is a "must have".

I love the way it starts with "Lunar Sea" with the great keyboards and arrangments on it. And the guitar intro on "Hymn To Her" and the whole song actually is awesome. The next four songs are from the "Snow Goose", enough said, but the flute and guitar are beautiful. The next three songs are from "Nude" and begin with a beautiful piano line and when the vocals come in it's emotional. "Spirit Of Water" is a fragile, gentle, haunting song.Then the guitar solo on "Ice" is both jaw-dropping and mind-numbing ! Highlights on the second disc for me are "Harbour of Tears" and "Coming of Age", but it's all good.

Highly recommended !

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#92702) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 30, 2006

Review by erik neuteboom
3 stars Camel is one of my favorite symphonic prog bands and I have seen them many times since their Nude tour in 1981, I love to be carried away by Andy Latimer his moving guitarwork! This 2-CD is a registration of a concert in Los Angeles (1997) with an integral version of the album Harbour Of Tears (on CD-2), to me this live version sounds superior to the less dynamic and less captivating studio performance. CD-1 contains 'classics' like Lunar Sea, Rhayader Goes To Town, Drafted and Sasquatch and Ice that delivers my favorite Andy Latimer guitar solo, what a great build-up and emotion! Although the band (featuring bassplayer Colin Bass, Foss Patterson on keyboards and Dave Stewart on drums) plays tight and inspired, to me this concert doesn't sound very exciting, I miss a spark like during the line-up with Mickey Simmonds on keyboards. Nonethless, this 2-CD is still a wonderful symphonic prog experience, I hope Andy Latimer will recover soon from his disease at this moment! My rating: 3,5 stars.

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#155149) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
5 stars Milk n'Honey

When I reviewed the DVD version of Coming Of Age--a long-standing personal favourite of mine--some five or more years ago, I assumed that this 2CD version of the same concert had the exact same audio content and thus that I didn't need not bother with it. Some days ago I noticed that this assumption was mistaken and that there are actually three tracks on this double CD release that were edited out from the video. These are Preparation and Dunkirk (both originally from The Snowgoose album) and Milk n'Honey (originally from Dust And Dreams). This means about ten extra minutes of music that was not included on the DVD. This justifies reviewing this double CD separately now that I have finally heard it.

There is about 15 minutes each from the albums The Snowgoose, Moonmadness, I Can See Your House From Here, Nude, and Dust And Dreams respectively, while nothing at all from Stationary Traveller, Breathless, Rain Dances, Mirage, or the self-titled debut. This might seem a bit lopsided, but everything that is here is excellent. One might speculate that one reason that the first two albums were overlooked is that this concert was recorded in America where these early albums may be less popular(?)

There is a strong focus here on the band's conceptual albums: The Snowgoose, Nude, Dust And Dreams, and Harbour Of Tears. The tracks taken from these albums are performed together in little sections, and in the case of Harbour Of Tears it is here in its entirety. There are four tracks from The Snowgoose (Rhayader, Rhayader Goes To Town, Preparation, and Dunkirk); three from Nude (Drafted, Docks, and Beached); four from Dust And Dreams (Milk n'Honey, Mother Road, Needles, and Rose Of Sharon); and, as I said, the complete Harbour Of Tears.

Moonmadness is represented by a brilliant version of Lunar Sea as well as the mellow Spirit Of The Water; I Can See Your House From Here by Hymn To Her and the superb Ice; and, finally, The Single Factor is represented by Sasquatch. Overall, about half of the numbers are instrumentals. The performances are absolutely top notch and filled with emotion. These versions are generally superior to their studio counterparts.

Coming Of Age is a live masterpiece. Having either this double CD or the DVD is essential, but having both is probably only essential for fans like me. Since neither is clearly superior to the other I have to give the CD version the same rating as the DVD, which is undoubtedly five stars. But also don't miss out on the equally fantastic Never Let Go live double album.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#1104219) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Review by Gatot
3 stars Camel is one of vintage prog bands that has become my attention even though I never cllam myself as their die-hard fan. But for sure, I enjoy their music - not as much with things like King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd or Marillion. To me, Camel is like good band that I should not miss any album but not something that I really want very much. It;s similar with my liking of neo prog where I love bands like IQ and Marillion but not so much enjoying the music of Jadis. Well, yeah ... I can compare Jadis and Camel ....as both are good bands but they do not always create good melody that are memorable. Of course I love the melodic one like Lady Fantasy.

Recorded in 1997 on a West Coast tour, this two hour concert includes an array of classic Camel material, as it includes "Harbour of Tears," "Spirit of The Water," "End of The Day," and many more. I am quite happy to enjoy Hymn to Her (6:34) being played at the beginning part of the concert. This was the first track I first knew the band in the seventies and I like it very much. And of course the two piece Rhayader (2:53) and Rhayader goes to Town (5:03) that I consider as classic tracks. I also enjoy Harbours of Tears that is performed well here.

Overall, it's a very good live record even though the vibes and energy are note typical any prog concerts performed by other classic bands. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#1133383) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 18, 2014

4 stars Coming of Age is a wonderful song in a rather dull CD, The Hour Candle a close second. But hearing them in a live CD makes them sparkle. This a double CD and You can hear a band trying to keep Its cool but They are tired and You can hear It in the versions but if You as Myself are Camel fans We ... (read more)

Report this review (#563925) | Posted by steelyhead | Monday, November 07, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars well I love the early camel very very much, and I love to late camel too, and this album take the early camel and the late camel and bind them together perfectly. with an amazing sound of live conecert, Andrew Latimer the leader of this show bring to us and amazing, exiting peaces of music, ... (read more)

Report this review (#126157) | Posted by proger | Sunday, June 17, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I think that Camel discography has real masterpieces ("Moonmadness", "Snow Goose" and "Nude") and forgettable albums ("Pressure Points", "Stationary Traveller"). This live recording it's an incredible demostration of what Camel can do on stage. Great versions of "Lunar Sea", "Drafted" and "Ice ... (read more)

Report this review (#40387) | Posted by progadicto | Tuesday, July 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Andy and Colin with the support of Foster Patterson and Dave Stewart (from Fish`s band) develop an amazing, espectacular performance full of Passion and Power where Andy despite the years plays the guitar like any master in the world besides the achieve a good process of understanding at stage. No j ... (read more)

Report this review (#2481) | Posted by Queno | Monday, March 08, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAMEL "Coming Of Age"