COMING OF AGE

CD 1 (60:20)
1. Lunar Sea (8:57)
2. Hymn to Her (6:34)
3. Rhayader (2:53)
4. Rhayader goes to Town (5:03)
5. Preparation (3:19)
6. Dunkirk (5:05)
7. Drafted (4:28)
8. Docks (3:54)
9. Beached (4:00)
10. Spirit of the Water (3:09)
11. Ice (9:40)
12. Sasquatch (4:18)

CD 2: (63:05)
1. Milk n'Honey (3:23)
2. Mother Road (4:29)
3. Needles (2:30)
4. Rose of Sharen (5:09)
5. Irish Air (0:57)
6. Irish Air Reprise (2:27)
7. Harbours of tears (3:16)
8. Cobh (0:52)
9. Send Home the Slates (4:04)
10. Under the Moon (1:46)
11. Watching the Bobbins (7:38)
12. Eyes of Ireland (3:13)
13. Running From Paradise (5:39)
14. End of the Day (2:44)
15. Coming of Age (7:38)
16. The Hour Candle (7:20)

Search CAMEL Coming Of Age lyrics

Search CAMEL Coming Of Age tabs

- Andrew Latimer/ guitar, vocals
- Colin Bass / bass vocals
- Foss Patterson / keyboards
- Dave Stewart / drums

Guest:
- Mae McKenna / vocals on "Irish Air"

Camelproductions
CP-008CD

and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

CAMEL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAMEL Coming Of Age Music

Rain DancesRain Dances
101 DISTRIBUTION 2009
BreathlessBreathless
Polygram UK 1992
Michael Wycoff Do the Camel Hump 12" VG/EX 1978 Indie Private Soul Boogie US $9.10 Buy It Now 56m 46s
Vapour Trails-self titled LP!John McBurnie(Patrick Moraz/Jackson Heights/CAMEL) US $3.99 Buy It Now 58m 36s
Camel Rock by Chuck Pyle (CD, Apr-1995, Bee 'N Flower Music) US $4.00 [0 bids]
Camel Moonmadness SHM-SACD Super Audio Japan Limited Edition Reissue CD NEW US $47.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
CAMEL Mirage LP Janus Records JXS7009 Dragon Cover RARE Prog Psych Rock Space US $9.00 [0 bids]
CAMEL - NUDE - NEW CD US $7.77 Buy It Now 2h 54m
RaRe Import KISS INXS CAMEL OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN BON JOVI STATUS QUO V.A. LP US $10.99 Buy It Now 3h 41m
PETE BARDENS (CAMEL) - "Water Colors" CD 1991 1st US PRESS US $23.88 Buy It Now 5h 28m
PETE BARDENS (CAMEL) - "Speed Of Light" CD 1988 1st US PROMO PRESS US $23.88 Buy It Now 5h 36m
PETER FRAMPTON FRAMPTON'S CAMEL A&M 1973 US $8.99 Buy It Now 5h 36m
PSAPP - The Camel's Back (CD) US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 39m
CAMEL NUDE JAPAN MADE SHM MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT UICY-94140 US $77.99 Buy It Now 6h 12m
CAMEL BREATHLESS JAPAN MADE SHM MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT UICY-94138 US $57.99 Buy It Now 6h 12m
THE FOUNDATION DEPARTURE CD + 2 BONUS TRACKS IN THE VEIN OF EARLY CAMEL US $40.00 Buy It Now 6h 44m
Camel"The Best Of Camel/Chameleon" LP Printed in Korea US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 50m
CAMEL-STATIONARY TRAVELLER. 10TRK CD ALBUM US $6.48 Buy It Now 7h 51m
CAMEL-MOONMADNESS. 7TRK CD ALBUM US $6.48 Buy It Now 7h 51m
CAMEL-RAIN DANCES. 10TRK CD ALBUM US $6.48 Buy It Now 7h 51m
CAMEL-MIRAGE. 5TRK CD ALBUM US $6.48 Buy It Now 7h 51m
CAMEL-NUDE. 15TRK CD ALBUM US $6.48 Buy It Now 7h 51m
CAMEL-LIVE IN CONCERT. 10TRK CD ALBUM US $12.97 Buy It Now 7h 57m
PHILLIP GOODHAND-TAIT - "I Think I'll Write" LP 1971 1st US WL PROMO DJM (Camel) US $26.88 Buy It Now 7h 57m
FRAMPTON'S CAMEL - 1973 LP + POSTER - USA LP US $12.00 Buy It Now 8h 5m
CAMEL - CAMEL / Japan LP / OBI / 1973 / Record / Rare US $42.99 Buy It Now 8h 37m
Camel Riders Feat N Amadiume - So High - 2003 #97537 US $4.85 Buy It Now 8h 57m
Camel In The Jungle - Yeah - Esa Records - 1992 #410175 US $4.85 Buy It Now 8h 57m
DJ Shadow - Camel Bobsled Race (CD) case damaged US $1.62 [0 bids]
Free, James Brown, Rod Stewart, Donna Summer, Parliament, Camel U.S. PROMO 2 cd US $13.48 Buy It Now 9h 50m
CAMEL Japan 2LP's with INSERT, LIVE FANTASIA G/F US $38.99 Buy It Now 9h 54m
THE CAMEL'S BACK [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $12.74 Buy It Now 10h 52m
CAMEL - CD Platinum Disc- Moonmadness US $142.05 Buy It Now 11h 13m
The Sopwith Camel - The Sopwith Camel (NEW CD) US $19.87 Buy It Now 11h 38m
CAMEL - The Snow Goose (CD) Progressive Rock/WEST GERMANY Pressing US $9.74 [0 bids]
12h
"EX" CAMEL THE SNOW GOOSE INSERT US $24.34 Buy It Now 12h 2m
Peter Frampton Framton's Camel 1973 Press Original, EXC, Steam Clean, A+ SOUND US $6.99 Buy It Now 12h 16m
CAMEL Snow Goose Remastered CD NEW US $8.04 Buy It Now 12h 26m
Camel - Moonmadness (NEW CD) US $8.51 Buy It Now 13h 17m
CAMEL BREATHLESS DECCA TXS-R 132 UK FIRST PRESS P1 MATRIX EX /EX WITH INSERT US $9.72 Buy It Now 13h 18m
SOPWITH CAMEL, HELLO HELLO, ORIG. 1966 SINGLE US $2.50 Buy It Now 13h 41m
CAMEL NUDE USA PRESSING 1981 NM-/NM- US $21.00 Buy It Now 14h 19m
Camel - Camel (NEW CD) US $10.94 Buy It Now 14h 37m
Camel - The Snow Goose [Deluxe] (NEW 2CD) US $17.44 Buy It Now 14h 47m
Few Easy Steps to Secure Heli-Camel Safety Grace Gale Audio CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 15h 5m
CAMEL/breathless/1978 uk decca lp US $18.99 Buy It Now 15h 7m
CAMEL "MOON MADNESS"-LP-1976 DECCA TZS-R 115 EX++ US $24.35 [0 bids]
CAMEL "RAIN DANCES"-LP-1977 DECCA TXS-R 124 / EX US $9.72 [0 bids]
CAMEL The Single Factor PASSPORT LP Smooth Prog Rock US $2.99 [0 bids]
QUARTZ - Camel in the City (1979) DISCO ELECTRONIC SYNTH FUNK DANCE LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 50m
LP BELGIUM PRESS - CAMEL (MOONMADNESS) - DECCA TXS 115 Y - GATEFOLD US $24.99 Buy It Now 15h 56m
SOPWITH CAMEL s/t LP VG+ KLPS-8060 Vinyl 1969 Stereo USA USA Psych Rock US $25.00 Buy It Now 16h 15m
CAMEL LP IMPORT UK The Snow Goose - Decca SKL-R.5207 (1975) US $23.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL-ANTHOLOGY CD NEW US $27.00 Buy It Now 16h 33m
Camel - Paris Collection [CD New] US $15.43 Buy It Now 17h 23m
CAMEL a live record DBC/R 7 uk decca 1978 gatefold sleeve DOUBLE LP PS EX-/EX- US $32.45 Buy It Now 17h 24m
CAMEL nude SKL 5323 A2/B2 uk decca LP PS VG/EX US $17.84 Buy It Now 17h 24m
SOPWITH CAMEL: Postcard From Jamaica / Little Orphan Annie (rock US $20.00 Buy It Now 17h 25m
Rock & Roll 45 - Johnnie And Jack - Camel Walk Stroll - 1958 US $0.49 [0 bids]
Peter Bardens-Speed Of Light-RARE PROMO-PRISTINE LP NEAR MINT!w/sleeve!CAMEL!! US $5.98 Buy It Now 17h 56m
Shri Camel - T. Riley US $5.99 Buy It Now 18h 11m
CAMEL RAIN DANCES DECCA PAPER LABELS CASSETTE US $12.99 Buy It Now 18h 16m
LED ZEPPELIN 7" CAROUSELAMBRA +OA argentina ID# 21307 PROMO ONLY SAMPLER-CAMEL US $15.00 Buy It Now 18h 36m
CAMEL, MOON MADNESS,1976,GATEFOLD SL ,VG+ CONDITION US $11.35 [0 bids]
TERRY RILEY - SHRI CAMEL - NEW CD US $7.01 Buy It Now 18h 47m
CAMEL - "DUST AND DREAMS" STUNNING COMBACK CONCEPT CD ON "GRAPES OF WRATH" US $16.22 [0 bids]
GUY LEBLANC - SUBVERSIA CD NMA005 Camel Nathan Mahl Scott McGill Finneus Gauge US $16.23 [0 bids]
CAMEL - "CAMEL" CLASSIC PROG BANDS FIRST ALBUM MCA REISSUE IN TOP CONDITION US $24.34 [0 bids]
CAMEL - "The Single Factor" Original music cassette US $1.61 [0 bids]
PETER BARDENS The Answer V Rare Orig UK 1970 Transatlantic LP Prog Psych Camel US $35.72 [2 bids]
Camel A Live Record UK original mint 2 LP Decca FFSS pristine US $49.99 Buy It Now 19h 55m
THE CAMEL DRIVERS SUNDAY MORNING 6 O'CLOCK 45 FREE COMBINED U.S. SHIPPING US $1.99 Buy It Now 20h 16m
" EASY LOVER. " eli immanuel. SILVER CAMEL 12in 1981. US $8.04 [0 bids]
CAMEL On The Road 1972 JAPAN mini lp CD SEALED US $14.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL On The Road 1982 JAPAN mini lp CD SEALED US $14.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL the paris collection JAPAN mini lp CD SEALED US $14.99 [0 bids]
FRAMPTON'S CAMEL Self-Titled Rare Japan CD Japanese Obi Strip Peter Framp US $19.99 [1 bids]
The Sopwith Camel on Kama Sutra US $4.50 Buy It Now 20h 56m
THE MAYTONES Black & White Unite Pama Camel 1970 UK 7" US $6.48 [1 bids]
21h
Camel Toe - Moon Track - Plasteline 4 - 2007 #222563 US $6.48 Buy It Now 21h 12m
PETER BARDENS (Camel) Rare unplayed CD PROMO ONLY 1991 US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 22m
Camel - I Can See Your House From Here LP OOP! KSHE Classic Supertramp ELO ELP US $7.00 [0 bids]
CAMEL CHAMELEON THE BEST OF decca 81 A2B2 Lp ex US $11.35 Buy It Now 22h 11m
Rare Bootleg Judas Priest Record, Camel 80, Heavy Metal US $24.99 [1 bids]
Camel 2 LP A Live Record US $6.00 [0 bids]
SOPWITH CAMEL - HELLO HELLO / TREADIN' 45! '66 garage pop HEAR Kama Sutra US $2.99 [0 bids]
AFRICAN MUSIC MACHINE - CAMEL TIME / MR BROWN - UK CONTEMPO EX Funk 2sider HEAR US $14.59 Buy It Now 23h 16m
GREASY TRUCKERS Live At Dingwalls Dancehall HENRY COW GONG CAMEL UK press N-MINT US $49.95 Buy It Now 23h 37m
CAMEL RAIN DANCES JAPAN SHM MINI LP CD + PROMO OBI OUT OF PRINT UICY-94136 US $64.99 Buy It Now 23h 55m
Killawatt - Camel - Killawatt - 2006 #193341 US $6.48 Buy It Now 1 day
2014 CAMEL RAIN DANCES JAPAN SHM MINI LP CD HR CUT TURQUOISE BLUE BONUS TRACK US $32.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL I CAN SEE YOUR HOUSE FROM HERE ULTRA RARE CASSETTE TAPE! US $13.54 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel Riders - Twisted (2007) (Remixes) - 2007 #224206 US $6.48 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel Riders Feat Nkemdi - Twisted - Subliminal #117640 US $6.48 Buy It Now 1 day
BOB CROSBY Collectors LP 1939 Radio Set CAMEL CARAVAN US $19.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL - MIRAGE - BONUS TRACK (IMPORT) NEW CD US $40.10 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL - MOONMADNESS - BONUS TRACK (IMPORT) NEW CD US $40.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Stationary Traveller, Camel, Good Import US $25.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel Mirage LP Deram SML 1107 UK Import US $22.00 [0 bids]
CAMEL Live At BBC In London, 1977 JAPAN SEALED *500 ONLY ORANGE COLORED VINYL* US $26.90 Buy It Now 1 day
THE CAMEL DRIVERS "Give It A Try" "Sunday Morning 6 O'Clock 45 Psych Garage US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL-S/T +2-JAPAN SHM-CD D50 US $20.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy CAMEL music online Buy CAMEL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAMEL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAMEL Coming Of Age ratings distribution

CAMEL Coming Of Age reviews

Review by lor68
5 stars Fantastic comeback by Latimer & Company, witnessing his splendid "Harbour of Tears Tour". The title track is unforgettable, as well as those ones from the concept album based upon the novel by J. Steimback'd "The Grapes of Wrath", that is "Dust and Dreams", the definitive imprinting of CAMEL in the early nineties. Long Live CAMEL!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#2482) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 01, 2004

4 stars There is something about Andy Latimer's voice that really touches my heart, when I hear him sing he has my full attention. Not to mention he's one of my favourite guitar players as well, so you might guess i'm a huge CAMEL fan. To me, CAMEL makes soul music. And this double live record taken from the "Harbour of Tears" tour is a "must have".

I love the way it starts with "Lunar Sea" with the great keyboards and arrangments on it. And the guitar intro on "Hymn To Her" and the whole song actually is awesome. The next four songs are from the "Snow Goose", enough said, but the flute and guitar are beautiful. The next three songs are from "Nude" and begin with a beautiful piano line and when the vocals come in it's emotional. "Spirit Of Water" is a fragile, gentle, haunting song.Then the guitar solo on "Ice" is both jaw-dropping and mind-numbing ! Highlights on the second disc for me are "Harbour of Tears" and "Coming of Age", but it's all good.

Highly recommended !

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#92702) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 30, 2006

Review by erik neuteboom
3 stars Camel is one of my favorite symphonic prog bands and I have seen them many times since their Nude tour in 1981, I love to be carried away by Andy Latimer his moving guitarwork! This 2-CD is a registration of a concert in Los Angeles (1997) with an integral version of the album Harbour Of Tears (on CD-2), to me this live version sounds superior to the less dynamic and less captivating studio performance. CD-1 contains 'classics' like Lunar Sea, Rhayader Goes To Town, Drafted and Sasquatch and Ice that delivers my favorite Andy Latimer guitar solo, what a great build-up and emotion! Although the band (featuring bassplayer Colin Bass, Foss Patterson on keyboards and Dave Stewart on drums) plays tight and inspired, to me this concert doesn't sound very exciting, I miss a spark like during the line-up with Mickey Simmonds on keyboards. Nonethless, this 2-CD is still a wonderful symphonic prog experience, I hope Andy Latimer will recover soon from his disease at this moment! My rating: 3,5 stars.

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#155149) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
5 stars Milk n'Honey

When I reviewed the DVD version of Coming Of Age--a long-standing personal favourite of mine--some five or more years ago, I assumed that this 2CD version of the same concert had the exact same audio content and thus that I didn't need not bother with it. Some days ago I noticed that this assumption was mistaken and that there are actually three tracks on this double CD release that were edited out from the video. These are Preparation and Dunkirk (both originally from The Snowgoose album) and Milk n'Honey (originally from Dust And Dreams). This means about ten extra minutes of music that was not included on the DVD. This justifies reviewing this double CD separately now that I have finally heard it.

There is about 15 minutes each from the albums The Snowgoose, Moonmadness, I Can See Your House From Here, Nude, and Dust And Dreams respectively, while nothing at all from Stationary Traveller, Breathless, Rain Dances, Mirage, or the self-titled debut. This might seem a bit lopsided, but everything that is here is excellent. One might speculate that one reason that the first two albums were overlooked is that this concert was recorded in America where these early albums may be less popular(?)

There is a strong focus here on the band's conceptual albums: The Snowgoose, Nude, Dust And Dreams, and Harbour Of Tears. The tracks taken from these albums are performed together in little sections, and in the case of Harbour Of Tears it is here in its entirety. There are four tracks from The Snowgoose (Rhayader, Rhayader Goes To Town, Preparation, and Dunkirk); three from Nude (Drafted, Docks, and Beached); four from Dust And Dreams (Milk n'Honey, Mother Road, Needles, and Rose Of Sharon); and, as I said, the complete Harbour Of Tears.

Moonmadness is represented by a brilliant version of Lunar Sea as well as the mellow Spirit Of The Water; I Can See Your House From Here by Hymn To Her and the superb Ice; and, finally, The Single Factor is represented by Sasquatch. Overall, about half of the numbers are instrumentals. The performances are absolutely top notch and filled with emotion. These versions are generally superior to their studio counterparts.

Coming Of Age is a live masterpiece. Having either this double CD or the DVD is essential, but having both is probably only essential for fans like me. Since neither is clearly superior to the other I have to give the CD version the same rating as the DVD, which is undoubtedly five stars. But also don't miss out on the equally fantastic Never Let Go live double album.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#1104219) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Review by Gatot
3 stars Camel is one of vintage prog bands that has become my attention even though I never cllam myself as their die-hard fan. But for sure, I enjoy their music - not as much with things like King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd or Marillion. To me, Camel is like good band that I should not miss any album but not something that I really want very much. It;s similar with my liking of neo prog where I love bands like IQ and Marillion but not so much enjoying the music of Jadis. Well, yeah ... I can compare Jadis and Camel ....as both are good bands but they do not always create good melody that are memorable. Of course I love the melodic one like Lady Fantasy.

Recorded in 1997 on a West Coast tour, this two hour concert includes an array of classic Camel material, as it includes "Harbour of Tears," "Spirit of The Water," "End of The Day," and many more. I am quite happy to enjoy Hymn to Her (6:34) being played at the beginning part of the concert. This was the first track I first knew the band in the seventies and I like it very much. And of course the two piece Rhayader (2:53) and Rhayader goes to Town (5:03) that I consider as classic tracks. I also enjoy Harbours of Tears that is performed well here.

Overall, it's a very good live record even though the vibes and energy are note typical any prog concerts performed by other classic bands. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#1133383) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 18, 2014

4 stars Coming of Age is a wonderful song in a rather dull CD, The Hour Candle a close second. But hearing them in a live CD makes them sparkle. This a double CD and You can hear a band trying to keep Its cool but They are tired and You can hear It in the versions but if You as Myself are Camel fans We ... (read more)

Report this review (#563925) | Posted by steelyhead | Monday, November 07, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars well I love the early camel very very much, and I love to late camel too, and this album take the early camel and the late camel and bind them together perfectly. with an amazing sound of live conecert, Andrew Latimer the leader of this show bring to us and amazing, exiting peaces of music, ... (read more)

Report this review (#126157) | Posted by proger | Sunday, June 17, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I think that Camel discography has real masterpieces ("Moonmadness", "Snow Goose" and "Nude") and forgettable albums ("Pressure Points", "Stationary Traveller"). This live recording it's an incredible demostration of what Camel can do on stage. Great versions of "Lunar Sea", "Drafted" and "Ice ... (read more)

Report this review (#40387) | Posted by progadicto | Tuesday, July 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Andy and Colin with the support of Foster Patterson and Dave Stewart (from Fish`s band) develop an amazing, espectacular performance full of Passion and Power where Andy despite the years plays the guitar like any master in the world besides the achieve a good process of understanding at stage. No j ... (read more)

Report this review (#2481) | Posted by Queno | Monday, March 08, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAMEL "Coming Of Age"