GIVE ME TAKE YOU

Duncan Browne

Duncan Browne Give Me Take You album cover

Buy DUNCAN BROWNE Music
Studio Album, released in 1968

1. Give Me Take You (3:23)
2. Ninepence Worth of Walking (3:27)
3. Dwarf in a Tree (A Cautionary Tale) (3:11)
4. The Ghost Walks (5:55)
5. Waking You (Part One) (1:09)
6. Chloe in the Garden (5:07)
7. Waking You (Part Two) (0:57)
8. On the Bombsite (3:10)
9. I Was, You Weren't (2:02)
10. Gabilan (4:03)
11. Alfred Bell (4:30)
12. The Death of Neil (4:30)

Total time 41:24

Search DUNCAN BROWNE Give Me Take You lyrics

Search DUNCAN BROWNE Give Me Take You tabs

- Duncan Browne / vocals, guitars

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

DUNCAN BROWNE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DUNCAN BROWNE Give Me Take You Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Duncan BrowneDuncan Browne
Wild PlacesWild Places
Original recording
Sire
Vinyl$9.95
1. THE CRASH 2. ROMAN VECU / 1. THE WILD PLACES (PROMO) (45/71. THE CRASH 2. ROMAN VECU / 1. THE WILD PLACES (PROMO) (45/7")
SIRE PRO-S-793
Vinyl$5.00 (used)
American HeartbeatAmerican Heartbeat
Logo
Vinyl$4.28 (used)
American heartbeat (1979) / Vinyl single [Vinyl-Single 7'']American heartbeat (1979) / Vinyl single [Vinyl-Single 7'']
Vinyl$4.70 (used)

More places to buy DUNCAN BROWNE music online Buy DUNCAN BROWNE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DUNCAN BROWNE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DUNCAN BROWNE Give Me Take You ratings distribution

DUNCAN BROWNE Give Me Take You reviews

Review by Matti
4 stars The beautiful cover art and the library categorization under "Prog/Psychedelia" (in Helsinki Library) rose my interest towards this album. I didn't find the music very much of the either genre, but that was OK since I liked it anyway. Actually, based on (perhaps too few) listenings of this album only, I would have put him under Prog Folk here. Browne was an acoustically oriented trobadour and his music is charming, rather peaceful, dreamy and hazy, and a bit fairytale-like, and not without some darker tones too. Very well fitting to the album cover!

Some artists he could be compared to: FOREST (prog-folk band from the early 70's), INCREDIBLE STRING BAND, early AL STEWART, ROY HARPER, MAGNA CARTA, why not even Simon & Garfunkel but with more psychedelic haze and roots in British Folk. This album contains 12 tracks varying from one to 5+ minutes in length. There are some highlights but the whole album is pleasant; if I remember right there were no songs that turned me down.

[P.S. This is my 200th reviewed artist. It was aimed to be my 400th review too (just for symmetry), but I miscalculated and it's No. 401. That makes the ratio of 2 reviews/artist, but I have a lot of only-once-reviewed artists. My most reviewed artists include Vangelis, Mike Oldfield ("only" 14 each though), Peter Hammill, Steve Hackett, Moody Blues and Tangerine Dream. I've been quite reluctant to review the "big" names with hundreds of reviews here. Otherwise my reviews list would look quite different!]

3 stars Review: Duncan Browne "Give me Take You" First of all I must say that Browne is my favorite artist. As a result, I know all of his music and I was the one who got him into progarchives. This album is the first of his two baroque folk albums. Those albums are NOT the reason for his inclusion on ... (read more)

Report this review (#751460) | Posted by JeffELOLynne | Thursday, May 10, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DUNCAN BROWNE "Give Me Take You"

Other sites in the MAC network: JazzMusicArchives.com — jazz music reviews and archives | MetalMusicArchives.com — metal music revuew and archives