THE PARIS COLLECTION

Live, released in 2001

1. Ice (8:47)
2. Chord Change (8:52)
3. Fingertips (6:40)
4. Slow Yourself Down (4:30)
5. Sahara (6:51)
6. Mother Road (6:07)
7. Little Rivers and Little Rose (1:55)
8. Hopeless Anger (5:43)
9. Lady Fantasy (16:04)
BONUS TRACK
10. Slow Yourself Down (5:34)

Search CAMEL The Paris Collection lyrics

- Denis Clement / drums

2001 Camelproductions
CP-011CD

and to Keppa4v for the last updates

CAMEL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAMEL The Paris Collection Music

Paris CollectionParis Collection
Camel Productions 2001
CD breathless ~ USD $15.01
CD i can see your house from here ~ USD $15.01
LP moonmadness ~ USD $25.10
LP underage ~ USD $31.41

More places to buy CAMEL music online Buy CAMEL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAMEL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAMEL The Paris Collection ratings distribution

CAMEL The Paris Collection reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars Let's be honest, this is not the best Camel live album but they had so many problems before and during this W2K tour (see comments on sleeve) that at the end of the day it is not too bad either.

I guess that the fact I could understand the interactions in French from Guy Leblanc (a French Canadian keyboard player as well as a singer) with the local audience featuring some good sense of humour adds a bit of value to this live work.

The opening "Ice" is great and its follower "Chord Change" is very good as well. "Sahara" is a highlight but I feel a bit disappointed that there are not more tracks from "Rajaz" here.

Some weaker tracks here and there, but there's a great Lady Fantasy to close this album.

Three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#2520) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, November 21, 2004

Review by snobb
4 stars Years ago I was very disappointed by Camel late 70-s - early 80-s albums, and just missed my interest to them. So, after so many years I just listened their last to time live album, and was pleasantly surprised.

With new vocalist, they still can play great music! Their sound is beautiful there, no over orchestrated nor filled with synths sounds. Clear melodies, tasteful instruments lines, very beautiful guitar, aerial music.

There are some great songs played during this concert, and some not so great. But music is mature, all this concert sounds as bands report from years past. Not new sounds or experiments could be found there, but it is just a great collection of their nice (again) music.

I believe this album could be a nice present for band's fans as evidence they could sound great even in the beginning of new century.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#266494) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Slow yourself down

Camel has a very impressive collection of live albums to their credit both in terms of quantity and quality. Indeed, with the Official Camel Bootleg series, every major Camel tour since 1981 has a live album to represent it (including a live DVD yet to be released from their most recent tour)! The tour in support of Nude is represented by Camel On The Road 1981, the tour in support of The Single Factor is represented by Camel On The Road 1982, The tour in support of Stationary Traveller is represented by the Pressure Points live album as well as the Total Pressure DVD, the tour in support of Dust And Dreams is represented by the Never Let Go double live album, the tour in support of Harbour Of Tears is represented by the Coming Of Age DVD and double CD and the tour in support of Rajaz is represented by the present album (and as I mentioned above, the farewell tour following the most recent Camel album A Nod And A Wink will soon be represented by a new DVD release announced to be called The Opening Farewell).

Some of these live albums are better than others and the present one falls somewhere in the middle. While the brilliant Never Let Go and Coming Of Age releases included performances of the Dust And Dreams and Harbour Of Tears albums in their respective entirety, The Paris Collection only holds a single track from Rajaz in Sahara. The rest of the tracks are taken from Dust And Dreams, Stationary Traveller, I Can See Your House From Here, Moonmadness, Mirage and the self-titled debut. Almost all of these songs have been featured on several previous live albums. Apart from Sahara, the most interesting selection is Slow Yourself Down originally from the debut album performed here in an acoustic version. What makes this live album unique, however, is that all lead vocals are handled, not by Andy Latimer as usual, but by keyboard player Guy LeBlanc. The reason is that Andy had been advised by doctors to rest his voice. This fact makes this release special, but at the same time it takes away a very important aspect of Camel's trademark sound.

Bass duties are handled by Colin Bass as usual and drums by one Denis Clement. Keyboards are, as I said, played by Guy LeBlanc, and as he speaks French, it is he that handles most of the communication with the Paris audience (but I don't understand most of what he is saying to them). Andy is in fine form as far as his guitar playing goes and he is, as always, fantastic. Too bad about his vocals though. LeBlanc is not a bad singer, but he is not the voice of Camel, after all. Camel is indeed a fantastic live band also in this incarnation though, but among so many live albums, several of which are excellent, it is hard for The Paris Collection to stand out. Camel fans will certainly be delighted by the presence of such classics as Ice, Chord Change and the eternal Lady Fantasy, but we have all heard these songs elsewhere. Three songs are played from Dust And Dreams, and even if I consider this album a masterpiece, I find it doubtful that we needed these live versions given that the Never Let Go live album already held a complete and magnificent live performance of that album.

The conclusion must be that The Paris Collection is absolutely not the best Camel live album and though certainly a good one in its own right, it adds very little to what was already on the market at the time. With Andy's vocals and a few more tracks from Rajaz, this could have been a more interesting release. It is still a worthy addition but I strongly recommend to go for Never Let Go and Coming Of Age first - they are both truly outstanding live releases!

There is a bonus track on this album which is a studio version of the acoustic version of Slow Yourself Down with Andy on vocals. Very interesting and very different from the original version. Beautiful!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#296279) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 26, 2010

5 stars GREAT. This live performance of Camel is IMO almost a masterpiece, and I say almost because some of the tracks are not the best of the band. Being a live album, the sound is great and very clear. Because the health problems of Andy Latimer, the album is mainly instrumental, and the few vocals ... (read more)

Report this review (#1069549) | Posted by genbanks | Thursday, October 31, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars An excellent live album by one of the latest Camel line-up. Although this was recorded during the "Rajaz" tour, only one number comes from "Rajaz" (i.e. "Sahara"). One may wish there was more from that CD, the set list is not bad at all. Also, this was recorded without the vocals of Andrew ... (read more)

Report this review (#377847) | Posted by SEV1 | Monday, January 10, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I had some reservations about this album before buying it caused by these previous reviews and the facts that Andy doesn't sing a note and there aren't too many songs from Rajaz, but because I've pretty much decided to buy all the Camel stuff out there I had to get this one too at the risk of ... (read more)

Report this review (#97749) | Posted by Pekka | Thursday, November 09, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars - Well, I've just bought this Camel CD "The Paris Collection" and although I've been a devout Camel fan for as long as Andrew Latimer has been a member, I feel disappointed in the great man! I know, for various reasons he changes his line up , but the first version of 'Slow yourself down' was rub ... (read more)

Report this review (#2519) | Posted by | Wednesday, June 16, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAMEL "The Paris Collection"