THE GHOST YOU GAVE TO ME

Three The Ghost You Gave To me album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy THREE Music
Studio Album, released in 2011

1. Sirenum Scopuli (01:10)
2. React (04:12)
3. Sparrow (04:04)
4. High Times (04:38)
5. Numbers (04:39)
6. One With the Sun (06:09)
7. The Ghost You Gave to Me (03:57)
8. Pretty (04:51)

- Joey Eppard / vocals, guitar
- Chris 'Gartdrumm' Gartmann / drums, vocals
- Billy Riker / guitars, effects
- Daniel Grimsland / bass

Metal Blade Records, October 2011 (item #150452)

Thanks to yam yam for the addition

THREE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THREE The Ghost You Gave To me Music

WINGS,ELO,CHICAGO & THREE DOG NIGHT LP.VG US $13.99 Buy It Now 30m 13s
12" LP- THE THREE SOULS "Dangerous Dan Express" US $12.00 Buy It Now 30m 23s
Rogers Sisters Three Fingers CD (UK Import) NEW US $42.66 Buy It Now 31m 11s
DINAH WASHINGTON JOE WILLIAMS SARAH VAUGHAN WE THREE SEALED JAZZ LP!!!! US $6.99 Buy It Now 32m 2s
Rare Teen PIXIES THREE Hootch bw/ It's Summer Time USA 45 Mercury picture sleeve US $24.99 Buy It Now 33m 9s
THE BEATLES THREE RECORDS BOX SET US $36.99 [0 bids]
35m 11s
Zac Brown Band First Three Releases 4 CD + DVD set + bonus tracks US $50.98 [0 bids]
35m 20s
V3 by V Three (CD, Aug-2006, EMI) 10 Tracks US $4.29 Buy It Now 36m 19s
SUGABABES - Three - CD Album US $1.65 Buy It Now 41m 57s
One Two Three: Self Titled LP VG++ Canada Prelude US $5.99 Buy It Now 42m 21s
INBREED (THE) Consenting Goat: Three Sheeps In the Wind CD US $23.99 Buy It Now 43m 18s
Ramsey Lewis Three Piece Suite LP NM/NM US $4.20 Buy It Now 45m 57s
Three Great Tenors - Domingo/Pavoratti/Carreras New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $11.17 Buy It Now 46m 23s
Three Dog Night Freedom For The / Black & White ABC GOLDIES 45 1471 RECORD US $0.99 [0 bids]
46m 48s
Three Dog Night Live 9/21/1969 Very Nice about 400 Fairly priced LP's US $5.95 Buy It Now 47m 52s
Grace Potter & The Nocturnals First Three Releases 3 CD + DVD set US $30.98 [0 bids]
48m 24s
Three Dog Night Coming Down Your Way LP US $6.99 [0 bids]
48m 28s
NEW - Three Crosses by Three Crosses US $7.85 Buy It Now 49m 13s
3 - THREE - THE END IS BEGUN - RARE METAL CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
50m 28s
VG++ DON SEBESKY THREE WORKS FOR JAZZ SOLOISTS & SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA 2 LP SET US $5.98 Buy It Now 51m 42s
1961 45 Record Shep And The Limelites Three Steps From The Altar REO Canada US $9.99 [0 bids]
51m 45s
Three Friends [Digipak] by Gentle Giant (CD, Sep-2011, DRA) US $18.48 Buy It Now 52m 48s
The Kinks / Greatest Hits! / 1966 / Reprise RS-6217 / Stereo / Three-Color Label US $3.38 Buy It Now 52m 59s
Ives: Symphony 3; Unanswered Question; Three Places in New England, more - LN CD US $3.99 [1 bids]
53m 47s
We Three Kings by Irish Tenors 2 CD SET FREE SHIPPING US $9.90 Buy It Now 53m 48s
Live by Yo Rep by Three 6 Mafia (CD, Dec-1995, Prophet Records) US $7.49 Buy It Now 55m 35s
Ma / Marsalis / Lin: Haydn Three Favorite Concertos LP US $4.99 Buy It Now 57m 17s
THREE DOG NIGHT 7" rock vinyl PIECES OF APRIL b/w THE WRITING ON THE WALL US $3.99 Buy It Now 59m 42s
JOSEPH HAYDN mint vinyl lp THREE ORGAN CONCERTOS shrink US $6.99 Buy It Now 59m 42s
Three Dollars-2005-Australia Original Movie Soundtrack-20 Track-CD US $46.52 Buy It Now 1h
Rare Private Folk 45: Three Folk Carol Ann & Treasures US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h
Prog Psych LP: Gryphon ~ Red Queen To Gryphon Three ~ Bell 1316 US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h
THE THREE DEGREES:WOMAN IN LOVE:7":"RARE":NOT FOR SALE:BLUE VINYL PROMO RECORD US $16.02 Buy It Now 1h 2m
JIM HALL'S THREE ON CONCORD JAZZ LABEL CJ-298 LP NM 1986 US $6.95 [1 bids]
Jackie Evancho Collection 3 CD + 2 DVD set - first three releases US $42.98 [0 bids]
GARY (U.S.) BONDS "QUARTER TO THREE" 45rpm-LEGRAND # 1008 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Charles Griffes: The Pleasure Dome of Kubla Khan/The White Peacock/Three Poems o US $8.04 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Vtg EDISON Diamond Disc Phonograph Record~#50455~Ellis March, One,Two,Three,Four US $7.99 [0 bids]
Morton Thal's Three Tops RED Vinyl Whispering / Sheik of Araby US $9.95 [0 bids]
THREE COURGETTES S/T 7" UK PICTURE DISC US $7.65 Buy It Now 1h 15m
GEORGE HARRISON - "Thirty Three & 1/3" LP Vinyl - 1976 Dark Horse Records US $11.97 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Goodyear THE GREAT SONGS OF CHRISTMAS Album Three - Vinyl LP - CSP 117 - Goulet US $1.99 [0 bids]
LIMP BIZKIT:THREE DOLLAR BILL, VALL$: CD ALBUM US $8.85 [0 bids]
Lou Donaldson with The Three Sounds - LD+3 (EMI Music Japan, 1999) US $17.99 [0 bids]
SEVEN MARY THREE Orange Avenue CD Album US $6.47 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Three Sons Gospel Team: John 1:12 LP VG++/NM USA Diadem US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
THE THREE SUNS -(LP)- TWILIGHT MEMORIES - "TWILIGHT TIME"-RCA LIVING STEREO-1960 US $18.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Live From Three Rivers CD by The High Sierra Jazz Band US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Seven Mary Three Water's Edge (CD, 1995) US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE THREE LITTLE DWARFS Gene Autry Columbia Record 78rpm 1951 US $21.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Three (3) Vintage Beatles Record's! Lennon/Starr/McCartney Single's! 45- 33 1/3 US $14.99 [0 bids]
END OF EVERYTHING Three CD Progressive Metal US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Sonny Rollins Three Giants LP PR 7821 NM US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
BODINE - THREE TIMES RUNNING - 1983 Import Vinyl Lp./ Hard Rock Metal US $7.99 [0 bids]
THREE DOG NIGHT naturally US $0.99 [0 bids]
CHERYL POOLE three playing love/i'm not - 7" - US $0.99 [0 bids]
Tears For Fears - Orig 1999 UK First Three CDs Remastered with Bonus Tracks MINT US $69.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Bill Pritchard - Three Months, Three Weeks & Two Days - BIAS 106 CD - NEW US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Chris & Cosey - Collectiv Three: An Elemental Rendevous - CTI CD 7 - RARE!!! US $69.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
The Three Suns-Play-10" LP-Varsity-69108-Vinyl Record-VG+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
Bon Welch - Three Hearts CD sealed OOP Limited AUTOGRAPHED RARE NEW RIP US $104.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Three Suns Moods-10" LP-RCA Victor-LPM 3125-Vinyl Record-VG+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
THREE SUNS twilight memories US $0.99 [0 bids]
Radio Show: DICK BARTLEYAMGOLD!9/24/05 TOP 10 SEPT. '68 &TOP 12 THREE DOG NIGHT US $26.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Chapter Three, Vol. 2 by Manfred Mann Chapter Three (CD, 1993 Petbrook/Cohesion) US $7.50 [0 bids]
Vintage 8 Track Tape ABC Records Three Dog Night "Hard Labor" Rock n Roll US $4.99 [0 bids]
Vintage 8 Track Tape ABC Records Three Dog Night "Coming Down Your Way" Rock US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Three Belles No More / Sincerely 45 RPM Bell Records ID# BMI 5153 US $5.49 [0 bids]
ALL FOR LOVE CD UK A&M 1993, THREE MUSKETEERS, Very Good731458047728 US $1.65 Buy It Now 1h 43m
RUDOLF SERKIN / BEETHOVEN three favorites sonatas US $1.99 [0 bids]
LES COMPAGNONS DE LA CHANSON the three bells US $1.99 [0 bids]
BOBBY DAY three young rebs from georgia - 7" - US $1.99 [0 bids]
Three Dog Night Self Titled Dunhill DS-50048 US $2.99 [1 bids]
Rock 45 LINDA SCOTT Three Guesses on Canadian American US $4.00 [0 bids]
The Ivy Three Was Judy There Yogi 45rpm record US $4.00 [0 bids]
Berlin "Count Three & Pray" NM LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Otto Klemperer: Weill Suite From Three Penny LP NM USA US $299.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
POISED IN HATE Three Blue Teardrops Music CD 1996 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
TREACHEROUS THREE - Whip It - SUGAR HILL ELECTRO 12" US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
MANUEL DE FALLA Three Cornered Hat/La Vida Breve/Gardens LP HERRERA DE LA FUENTE US $7.95 Buy It Now 1h 53m
CRYSTAL GAYLE - THREE GOOD REASONS - (Cassette, 1991,LIBERTY) US $4.50 [0 bids]
Charles MINGUS THREE LP Hawes, Richmond JUBILEE 1054 US $30.95 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Stanley Turrentine with the three sounds" Blue Hour"vinyl dorisorigals US $29.50 Buy It Now 1h 58m
The Three Tenors : vol.4 Jose Carreras / Luciano Pavarotti / Placido Domingo, , US $1.65 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Dirty Three - Toward Low Sun NEW CD US $11.60 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Three Kings: The Legacy Continues, Vol. 1 * by Wayne Henderson (Jazz) (CD, Jul-2 US $4.50 Buy It Now 2h 6m
RJV & Hell County Revival Three Ways From Sunday CD NEW US $3.59 [1 bids]
BRAID Three Minute Movie split 7inch Japanese US $16.99 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Jeremy Camp song Jesus Saves Three Key Soundtrack CD Christian World LEARN SONG US $6.99 [0 bids]
Needtobreathe song Slumber Three Key Soundtrack CD Christian World LEARN SONG US $6.99 [0 bids]
Newsboys Way Beyond Myself Three Key Soundtrack CD Christian World LEARN SONG US $6.99 [0 bids]
Three Annie Lennox album CDs - NO RESERVE US $4.99 [0 bids]
William Crist cd Three of Cups US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 21m
UNBROKEN And / Fall On Proverb PINK VINYL Three One G US $24.95 [0 bids]
The writing on the wall / Pieces of April Three Dog Night 7" 45 Dunhill D-4331 US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 31m
SHOWADDYWADDY USA DJ 70s 7" 45 THREE STEPS TO HEAVEN US $7.20 Buy It Now 2h 34m
The Curly Shuffle LP The Stone Country Band Amherst Three Stooges Tribute US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 39m
Spice 45 RAVEN Three More Days RARE BAR ROCK LISTEN US $6.00 [0 bids]
THREE DUKES / kanaka song / pearl 78 rpm US $135.99 Buy It Now 2h 46m
45 rpm - Lawrence WELK - My Three Sons/Out of a Clear Blue Sky - 1961 DOT Label US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 46m

More places to buy THREE music online Buy THREE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THREE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THREE The Ghost You Gave To me ratings distribution

THREE The Ghost You Gave To me reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'The Ghost You Gave To Me' - Three (7/10)

I have been enamoured with the band Three (or '3') ever since I saw them several years back opening for the immortal Dream Theater. Even though very few in the audience had ever heard of this US act before, it would be difficult to pinpoint someone who wasn't blown away by their performance. Highlighted by the unsurpassed acoustic guitar talents of frontman Joey Eppard, the band was tight and powerful, and my introduction to Three was met with a shortness of breath. Although a recording of old songs has some out since that concert and the big album they were touring for, 'The Ghost You Gave To Me' is the legitimate follow up to 'The End Is Begun'. Back is the powerful songwriting and dynamic presentation that first attracted me to the band, and I have no problem saying that Three have released another fine record. 'The Ghost You Gave To Me' may have even stood a chance to become the band's defining record, were it not for a few less-than-glorious changes that the band has made to their sound.

Three deserve their labeling as progressive rock, but they take a distinctly modern approach, skirting away from many of the conventions that has dragged down the prog 'genre' as of late. The songwriting is generally concise and melodic, and typically relies more on melodic hooks, rather than ten minute solos and the like. 'The Ghost You Gave To Me' is an eleven song set of Three's recognizable writing. With a sound that keeps in touch with current rock trends, Three juice up the music with dramatic flair and feeling. Much like 'The End Is Begun' and albums prior, Three delivers a powerful package despite hovering within a four-minute song format. All the same, the progressive quality comes in through the way the band performs these songs. One of the defining qualities of Three- and the reason I liked them so much to begin with- was the unique use of acoustic guitar in the music. Despite being dramatic rock music, the acoustic guitar work of Joey Eppard was rarely not at the forefront of the action, and for good reason too. The man is a genius with a six-string, and it was always amazing to hear the man pluck away with such complexity. While the songwriting and more rock-oriented aspects of Three are in full force here, the acoustics seem to be something that the band have skirted away from. The intro 'Sirenum Scopuli' is a tease, basking in acoustic glory, and the first 'real' song 'React' makes use of the acoustic guitar in much the same way that they did on the previous album. Throughout the rest of the album though, there is a clear sense that my favourite aspect of the band has become less of a factor in their music.

Instead of the acoustics, I actually feel that Three are beginning to tread into metal territory. This has been a band that has historically attracted the metalhead crowd, but until now, I never thought that they really incorporated metal into their music. Mind you, we still aren't treading into anything particularly extreme with 'The Ghost You Gave To Me', but parts of these songs do tend to crank up the guitars to the point where they would not sound out of place on a modern progressive metal album. To an extent, this tends to work well with this batch of songs. Most of the material that 'The Ghost You Gave To Me' offers is upbeat and energetic. Although his acoustic duties are somewhat subdued this time around, Joey Eppard's voice is taking even more of a forefront in the band's sound this time around, and while his higher register voice may not appeal to everyone in the progressive rock, or metal communities, he has an incredibly skilled voice. His heavy use of ad-libbing would put many a soul warbler to shame.

While I hate the use of paradoxes when attempting to explain something, Three indeed offers more of the same with 'The Ghost You Gave To Me', all the while making some considerable adjustments to how they perform as an act. The more rock-oriented feel to the band this time is no failure, but does not move me in quite the same way as the acoustic- freakout glory of some of their earlier music. Some issues of taste aside, Three are still an artistically vital act.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#569670) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 18, 2011

Review by memowakeman
3 stars Nice modern prog!

There are some bands whose sound may be easily linked with both, progressive and alternative rock, giving as a result music that might also be loved by the fans of those two genres; I believe it happens with 3 (Three), a USA band whose new album entitled "The Ghost You Gave To Me" has just been released through Metal Blade Records; an album that consists on twelve songs that together make a total time of 52 minutes. It opens with "Sirenum Scopuli", a one-minute introductory track with a mellow sound, acoustic guitar and vocals. It leads to "React" which is a song I fell in love since the first time I listened to it. The voice caught my attention and now I can say I like it a lot, the guitar sound is great (acoustic and electric), and I also like the effects, don't really know if made by synthesizers, but they put great atmospheres. The song may be catchy and easy to sing, I truly enjoy doing so.

"Sparrow" starts heavier (without being metal) and later slows down. I started saying that their sound may appeal to prog and alt rock fans, but I believe some metal fans could also like the band and this album, and this song is a nice example due to its variation in moods and styles. "High Times" connects nice guitar figures with a great voice (I once again highlight the effects). The structure is very good, the drummer plays his instrument really well, creating several sounds and exploding the drums at its best. Though I don't think it would be their goal, I would easily put this track as a radio-hit.

"Numbers" has some kind of suspense feeling at the beginning, but it later explodes and becomes heavier. The structure is repeated until minute two where a moment with short guitar riffs appear, but later the chorus returns. However, the last minutes are the best part of the song, due to the increased intensity and the powerful feeling they implement. "One with the Sun" is one of the longest track here, and it is mellower, softer than the previous ones. Here the composition is really good, well-crafted and intelligently arranged, a clear example of the great compositional skill of the band, though I admit this is by no means my favorite track.

"The Ghost You Gave To Me" has dynamism in its structure, with that cool sound prog-alt- metal that predominates in 3's music. Here what I like the most are the voices, and the guitar work. "Pretty" seems to be a heavier track but it actually slows down really soon and maintains a mid-tempo rhythm with some pauses, though in the chorus it is faster (and really catchy).

"Afterglow" is my least favorite track of the album, I don't really like it. Don't really know how to explain it, but I feel this particular song may be loved by the simplest kid on the block, due to its over-catchy sound and those friendly rhythms, though in the last minutes the drummer makes a good work. "It's Alive" is a much better song in every sense: compositional, executional, emotional, etc. I love the changes in rhythm and mood and how it is calm and all of a sudden it explodes.

"Only Child" is the longest track here and without a doubt one of their finest compositions. Since the first seconds we can notice the complexity of the strings and the accompaniment of drums and voice. It is a charming track in the first two minutes and a half, because it later changes and puts a darker atmosphere which will not abandon the song until the very end. The ambient is tense and in moments baffling; the song becomes even more ambitious just before the fourth minute, the musicianship is great and the faster rhythms wonderful; the addition of keyboards is also great. This song is worth the whole album, it is impressive.

And the album finishes with "The Barrier" which is a much calmer track that contrasts with the explosion of the previous one; in this song there is a mellow sound that announces the end, so it seems the band is saying goodbye.

The album is good without a doubt, with its highs and lows, but solid after all, however their style is not really my main attraction, and it evidently is not a masterpiece, so my final grade will be three (pun intended) stars.

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#585906) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 10, 2011

2 stars I got this album in a spontaneous move, and as it was fairly cheap, I am not annoyed that I was so disappointed. There is not much to offer here in the way of progressive metal, more alternative, semi-metal "Foo-Fighters"-esque indie-pop. The album has some good material, but I just think the ... (read more)

Report this review (#914637) | Posted by The Mystical | Saturday, February 16, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THREE "The Ghost You Gave To me"