THE GHOST YOU GAVE TO ME

Three The Ghost You Gave To me album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy THREE Music
Studio Album, released in 2011

1. Sirenum Scopuli (01:10)
2. React (04:12)
3. Sparrow (04:04)
4. High Times (04:38)
5. Numbers (04:39)
6. One With the Sun (06:09)
7. The Ghost You Gave to Me (03:57)
8. Pretty (04:51)

- Joey Eppard / vocals, guitar
- Chris 'Gartdrumm' Gartmann / drums, vocals
- Billy Riker / guitars, effects
- Daniel Grimsland / bass

Metal Blade Records, October 2011 (item #150452)

Thanks to yam yam for the addition

THREE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THREE The Ghost You Gave To me Music

Tchaikovsky Three Early Symphonies cd Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra Jansons 1997 US $3.50 [0 bids]
30m 30s
IVES, CHARLES - CHARLES IVES: THE THREE ORCHESTRAL SETS - NEW CD US $7.85 Buy It Now 31m 44s
Bach: The Two and Three Part Inventions & Sinfonias [SACD] ECD/Super Audio CD... US $45.00 [0 bids]
31m 57s
5 records Motown Dunhill 45s Three Dog Night April Wine Supremes Mary Kay Place US $4.50 [0 bids]
35m 44s
The Big Three Trio I Feel like Steppin' Out LP NM H-804 1986 Willie Dixon Mono US $19.99 Buy It Now 39m 1s
Old 45 Decca original cast album called" GUYS & DOLLS" in three records! US $4.99 [0 bids]
43m 8s
Audiophile - Don Sebesky Three Works...(Mobile Fidelity, MOFI) Miles, Coltrane US $16.00 [0 bids]
47m 22s
Devil Makes Three - Longjohns Boots & A Belt [CD New] US $18.07 Buy It Now 50m 49s
Bob Welch - Three Hearts - 1979 Capital SO-11907 - Vinyl LP Record US $2.99 [0 bids]
53m 26s
THE BEATLES ~ TOUR YEARS - SIXTY THREE - SIXTY SIX ~ NM 2 LP EVA RARE! US $21.99 [0 bids]
53m 32s
SCHONBERG: GURRELIEDER and BERG: THREE EXCERPTS FROM "WOZZECK" 10" LP /STOKOWSKI US $299.00 Buy It Now 54m 25s
THE BROWNS: The Three Bells/ Heaven Fell Last Night (RCA, 45) Ships WORLDWIDE! US $0.99 Buy It Now 55m 39s
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Three Dog Night. US $7.77 Buy It Now 55m 55s
THE BROWNS: Scarlet Ribbons (For Her Hair) / The Three Bells [RCA Records, 45] US $0.99 Buy It Now 56m 1s
THE THREE DEGREES - WOMAN IN LOVE - 7 INCH VINYL RECORD US $1.62 [0 bids]
58m 9s
THE MENUHIN FAMILY MOZART: THE TWO AND THREE PIANO CONCERTOS MENUHIN COND. VG++ US $9.00 Buy It Now 59m 29s
THE THREE SUNS Mean To Me LP RCA Camden ACL1-0085 stereo SHRINK vinyl album US $7.64 Buy It Now 1h
CSS - Stage Three Music - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $9.98 Buy It Now 1h
Three Dog Night One Man Band/It Ain't Easy 45RPM US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h
Three Dog Night Golden Biscuits DSX 50098 VG Rock LP US $4.00 [0 bids]
GEORGE HARRISON THIRTY THREE & 1/3 RARE NEW ZEALAND CASSETTE TAPE! THE BEATLES US $17.16 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Adam And The Ants ORIGINAL ALBUM CLASSICS Three Original Albums NEW BOX SET 3 CD US $12.99 [0 bids]
ITALO BOBBY ORLANDO ONE TWO THREE RUNAWAY - RESTLESS LO US $43.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge - Chemical Romance My New & Sealed Compact Disc F US $14.29 Buy It Now 1h 11m
45 RPM Commodores Three Times a Lady Motown in RCA sleeve A Commodore's 45! US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 11m
WHITE STRIPES The Big Three Killed My Baby VINYL 45 7-Inch RECORD New! US $6.98 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Three Times Dope Original Stylin' 12 track 1989 CASSETTE TAPE NEW! styling 3XD US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
U Pick CD's Pharcyde Three 6 Mafia George Clinton EPMD Jerzey Mob Black Gold US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
(DS170) Three Hour Ceasefire, Cry Havoc - 2012 DJ CD US $4.85 Buy It Now 1h 16m
spanky and the gang - like to get to know you- three ways from tomorrow -7 inch US $2.40 [0 bids]
THREE DEGREES Women In Love cd MINT UK IMPORT US $5.99 [0 bids]
JIM COLLIER-Three O'Clock In The Morning (1965) LP!! US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Eddie Cochran - Three Steps To Heaven / Drive In Show - 7" US Vinyl 45 - New US $8.10 Buy It Now 1h 18m
THREE SIDES OF TED HAMILTON OZ LP **AUTOGRAPHED BY TED** DIVISION 4 US $13.54 Buy It Now 1h 18m
MM~REEL~THREE DOG NIGHT~IT AIN'T EASY US $9.99 [0 bids]
Roy Budd, Three Degrees - DIAMONDS - 1999 Near Mint U.K. OST LP US $25.20 Buy It Now 1h 23m
THREE BELLES It MAkes A Difference To Me/True Blue Lou 45RPM US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 24m
The We Three Trio - s/t self titled - very nice E+ LP on Mainstream label US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 25m
M.C. BOOB- DO THE FILA AND THE PEEWEE DANCE THREE WAY 8612 HEAR MP3 US $6.00 [0 bids]
Three Dog Night One & Chest Fever US $2.22 [0 bids]
Green Jello "Three Little Pigs" (Cassette Single) **Sealed** Keenan Carey Tool US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Rimsky-Korsakov MAY NIGHT Three record box set Deutshce Grammaphon Near Mint US $29.95 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Most Known Unknown [PA] by Three 6 Mafia (CD, Sep-2005, Hypnotize Minds) US $3.99 [0 bids]
THREE TWINS 45 All My Dreams / His - NM US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Reba music tapes lot of three US $6.99 [0 bids]
Dvorak 3 Three, Symphonies 5 & 7-9, Scherzo capriccioso, Othello Overture, Smeta US $3.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS And Then There Were Three 1978 VG++ US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Three Musketeers - Original Soundtrack - Vinyl OST LP US $17.99 [0 bids]
Having a Ball With The Three Suns 33 RPM 12" LP Album 1958 RCA Victor LSP-1734 US $5.75 [0 bids]
SUPER DISCO BRAKE'S VOLUME THREE LP US $54.00 Buy It Now 1h 44m
MANFRED MANN CHAPTER - CHAPTER THREE, VOL. 2 - NEW CD US $11.53 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Harmony by Three Dog Night US $0.99 [0 bids]
CD Three Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest by Be‚la Fleck & the Flecktones EUC US $5.50 [0 bids]
FITNESS MUSIC FROM SHAPE - WALK THREE - CULTURE BEAT, PATTI LABELLE, JENNIFER HO US $3.73 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Lot of 2 Three Johns 12" 45 rpm "Sold Down the River" and "Do the Square Thing" US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Ultimate Collection Guess Who THREE CD Box Burton Cummings US $18.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
MA , MARSALIS , LIN / HAYDN three favorite concertos ( classical ) - SEALED - US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Three Amigos Spanish Eyes CD US $5.98 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Three Degrees Very Best of CD US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 56m
REM: S.CENTRAL RAIN ( I'M SORRY) THREE TRACK UK 12 INCH SINGLE US $20.00 [0 bids]
Three Dog Night 45 The show Must Go On / On the Way Back Home record 7" vinyl US $2.50 Buy It Now 1h 58m
78 13BB - R&B - MERCURY 2003 - CATS 'N JAMMER THREE US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 59m
GENESIS...AND THEN THERE WERE THREE...EXCELLENT CONDITION US $5.10 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Three Dog Night 45 Anytime Babe / Sure As I'm Sittin Here record 7" vinyl US $2.50 Buy It Now 2h
101 THREE-CHORD SONGS FOR GUITAR BANJO AND UKE by LARRY MCCABE SONG BOOK UKULELE US $27.08 Buy It Now 2h 3m
ALLEGRI STRING QUART - SCHUBERT: ARPEGGIONE SONATA; STRAVINSKY: THREE - NEW CD US $12.98 Buy It Now 2h 4m
THE THREE SUNS Country Music Shindig, original RCA-Victor vinyl LP, 1965, VG++ US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 10m
UPSETTERS - THREE BLIND MOUSE - ROOTS WITH ROUGH TUBBY'S MIXI!!! LISTEN!!!!! US $40.59 [0 bids]
Patsy Cline THREE CLASSIC ALBUMS PLUS BONUS SINGLES Remastered NEW SEALED 4 CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BETA BAND - The Three EPs (UK 12 Track CD Album) US $6.48 Buy It Now 2h 18m
LOT OF THREE JEWISH/ YIDDISH RECORDS. FET. MICHEL ROSENBERG ONE LP IS SEALED. US $9.99 [0 bids]
M de- Falla: The Three Cornered Hat ORG 45 RPM Numbered 409 010 AE US $9.99 [0 bids]
AND THEN THERE WERE THREE by GENESIS - DEFINITIVE EDITION REMASTER US $6.99 [0 bids]
TONY ORLANDO & DAWN KNOCK THREE TIMES & CANDIDA LP US $3.98 Buy It Now 2h 21m
The Fun Boy Three 12" Single It Ain't What You Do/Funrama Chrysalis Records US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Three Graham Parker Cassettes, 2 Sealed US $11.00 [0 bids]
The Marx Bros. Three Hours Fifty-Nine Minutes Fifty One Seconds 4 Record Box Set US $12.00 [0 bids]
Three Rickie Lee Jones Cassettes, 2 still sealed US $9.90 [0 bids]
THREE DOG NIGHT GOLDEN BISQUITS US $0.99 [0 bids]
Dan Seals / Three Time Loser / 1987 / EMI America 43023 US $3.50 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Three Dollar Bill Y' All - Bizkit Limp New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $17.94 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Three Degrees 45 When Will I See You Again / Year of Decision record 7" vinyl US $2.50 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Three Wooden Crossed 17 Inspirational Songs 2006 Word CD Buy 1 CD - get one free US $8.50 Buy It Now 2h 26m
THREE DOG NIGHT -- Joy to the world -- Their Greatest Hits -- 1974 LP release US $4.00 [0 bids]
Holidays & Christmas, Three CD Set, New, Never Opened, 1997 US $9.00 [0 bids]
Throne of Katarsis - The Three Transcendental Keys CD 2013 black metal Norway US $17.95 Buy It Now 2h 32m
berlin lp count three & pray ghs 24121 SEALED US $5.39 Buy It Now 2h 33m
The Three Suns "Twilight Time" LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Knuckles O'Toole, 18 Top Hits Collection "Rag Time Piano Hits",Three Record Set US $12.99 [0 bids]
SHELLY MANNE Vol. 3 10 inch LP THE THREE Rogers GIUFFRE US $89.00 Buy It Now 2h 35m
RAVI SHANKAR Three Ragas lp World Pacific Stereo WPS-21438 NEAR MINT Sitar India US $8.99 [0 bids]
Jack Curtis Dubowsky Ensemble - III (2011, CD) De Stijl Records 3 Three US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Three Sly Stone CDs - Life, Dance to the Music, A Whole New Thing - all MINT US $10.00 [0 bids]
Merle Travis with the Cowboy Band, "Steel Guitar Rag", "Three Times Seven" US $8.99 [0 bids]
Prokofiev: Symphony No. 1 "Classical"; The Love for Three Oranges Suite;... US $2.90 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Daryl Hall Three Hearts and the Happy Ending Machine CD US $5.00 [0 bids]
Art Blakey, Three Blind Mice ~ Orig. '62 United Artists Mono LP w/ Fuller US $4.99 [0 bids]
Three Stooges - Nonsense Songbook LP - Steve Hoffman! US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Homeless J. Three Seconds To Gaze SEALED NEW CD 2006 Selectric Records pop rock US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 44m
3LP Box DG Leonard Bernstein the three Symphonies Israel Philharmonic Orch. US $13.00 Buy It Now 2h 48m

More places to buy THREE music online Buy THREE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THREE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THREE The Ghost You Gave To me ratings distribution

THREE The Ghost You Gave To me reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'The Ghost You Gave To Me' - Three (7/10)

I have been enamoured with the band Three (or '3') ever since I saw them several years back opening for the immortal Dream Theater. Even though very few in the audience had ever heard of this US act before, it would be difficult to pinpoint someone who wasn't blown away by their performance. Highlighted by the unsurpassed acoustic guitar talents of frontman Joey Eppard, the band was tight and powerful, and my introduction to Three was met with a shortness of breath. Although a recording of old songs has some out since that concert and the big album they were touring for, 'The Ghost You Gave To Me' is the legitimate follow up to 'The End Is Begun'. Back is the powerful songwriting and dynamic presentation that first attracted me to the band, and I have no problem saying that Three have released another fine record. 'The Ghost You Gave To Me' may have even stood a chance to become the band's defining record, were it not for a few less-than-glorious changes that the band has made to their sound.

Three deserve their labeling as progressive rock, but they take a distinctly modern approach, skirting away from many of the conventions that has dragged down the prog 'genre' as of late. The songwriting is generally concise and melodic, and typically relies more on melodic hooks, rather than ten minute solos and the like. 'The Ghost You Gave To Me' is an eleven song set of Three's recognizable writing. With a sound that keeps in touch with current rock trends, Three juice up the music with dramatic flair and feeling. Much like 'The End Is Begun' and albums prior, Three delivers a powerful package despite hovering within a four-minute song format. All the same, the progressive quality comes in through the way the band performs these songs. One of the defining qualities of Three- and the reason I liked them so much to begin with- was the unique use of acoustic guitar in the music. Despite being dramatic rock music, the acoustic guitar work of Joey Eppard was rarely not at the forefront of the action, and for good reason too. The man is a genius with a six-string, and it was always amazing to hear the man pluck away with such complexity. While the songwriting and more rock-oriented aspects of Three are in full force here, the acoustics seem to be something that the band have skirted away from. The intro 'Sirenum Scopuli' is a tease, basking in acoustic glory, and the first 'real' song 'React' makes use of the acoustic guitar in much the same way that they did on the previous album. Throughout the rest of the album though, there is a clear sense that my favourite aspect of the band has become less of a factor in their music.

Instead of the acoustics, I actually feel that Three are beginning to tread into metal territory. This has been a band that has historically attracted the metalhead crowd, but until now, I never thought that they really incorporated metal into their music. Mind you, we still aren't treading into anything particularly extreme with 'The Ghost You Gave To Me', but parts of these songs do tend to crank up the guitars to the point where they would not sound out of place on a modern progressive metal album. To an extent, this tends to work well with this batch of songs. Most of the material that 'The Ghost You Gave To Me' offers is upbeat and energetic. Although his acoustic duties are somewhat subdued this time around, Joey Eppard's voice is taking even more of a forefront in the band's sound this time around, and while his higher register voice may not appeal to everyone in the progressive rock, or metal communities, he has an incredibly skilled voice. His heavy use of ad-libbing would put many a soul warbler to shame.

While I hate the use of paradoxes when attempting to explain something, Three indeed offers more of the same with 'The Ghost You Gave To Me', all the while making some considerable adjustments to how they perform as an act. The more rock-oriented feel to the band this time is no failure, but does not move me in quite the same way as the acoustic- freakout glory of some of their earlier music. Some issues of taste aside, Three are still an artistically vital act.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#569670) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 18, 2011

Review by memowakeman
3 stars Nice modern prog!

There are some bands whose sound may be easily linked with both, progressive and alternative rock, giving as a result music that might also be loved by the fans of those two genres; I believe it happens with 3 (Three), a USA band whose new album entitled "The Ghost You Gave To Me" has just been released through Metal Blade Records; an album that consists on twelve songs that together make a total time of 52 minutes. It opens with "Sirenum Scopuli", a one-minute introductory track with a mellow sound, acoustic guitar and vocals. It leads to "React" which is a song I fell in love since the first time I listened to it. The voice caught my attention and now I can say I like it a lot, the guitar sound is great (acoustic and electric), and I also like the effects, don't really know if made by synthesizers, but they put great atmospheres. The song may be catchy and easy to sing, I truly enjoy doing so.

"Sparrow" starts heavier (without being metal) and later slows down. I started saying that their sound may appeal to prog and alt rock fans, but I believe some metal fans could also like the band and this album, and this song is a nice example due to its variation in moods and styles. "High Times" connects nice guitar figures with a great voice (I once again highlight the effects). The structure is very good, the drummer plays his instrument really well, creating several sounds and exploding the drums at its best. Though I don't think it would be their goal, I would easily put this track as a radio-hit.

"Numbers" has some kind of suspense feeling at the beginning, but it later explodes and becomes heavier. The structure is repeated until minute two where a moment with short guitar riffs appear, but later the chorus returns. However, the last minutes are the best part of the song, due to the increased intensity and the powerful feeling they implement. "One with the Sun" is one of the longest track here, and it is mellower, softer than the previous ones. Here the composition is really good, well-crafted and intelligently arranged, a clear example of the great compositional skill of the band, though I admit this is by no means my favorite track.

"The Ghost You Gave To Me" has dynamism in its structure, with that cool sound prog-alt- metal that predominates in 3's music. Here what I like the most are the voices, and the guitar work. "Pretty" seems to be a heavier track but it actually slows down really soon and maintains a mid-tempo rhythm with some pauses, though in the chorus it is faster (and really catchy).

"Afterglow" is my least favorite track of the album, I don't really like it. Don't really know how to explain it, but I feel this particular song may be loved by the simplest kid on the block, due to its over-catchy sound and those friendly rhythms, though in the last minutes the drummer makes a good work. "It's Alive" is a much better song in every sense: compositional, executional, emotional, etc. I love the changes in rhythm and mood and how it is calm and all of a sudden it explodes.

"Only Child" is the longest track here and without a doubt one of their finest compositions. Since the first seconds we can notice the complexity of the strings and the accompaniment of drums and voice. It is a charming track in the first two minutes and a half, because it later changes and puts a darker atmosphere which will not abandon the song until the very end. The ambient is tense and in moments baffling; the song becomes even more ambitious just before the fourth minute, the musicianship is great and the faster rhythms wonderful; the addition of keyboards is also great. This song is worth the whole album, it is impressive.

And the album finishes with "The Barrier" which is a much calmer track that contrasts with the explosion of the previous one; in this song there is a mellow sound that announces the end, so it seems the band is saying goodbye.

The album is good without a doubt, with its highs and lows, but solid after all, however their style is not really my main attraction, and it evidently is not a masterpiece, so my final grade will be three (pun intended) stars.

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#585906) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 10, 2011

2 stars I got this album in a spontaneous move, and as it was fairly cheap, I am not annoyed that I was so disappointed. There is not much to offer here in the way of progressive metal, more alternative, semi-metal "Foo-Fighters"-esque indie-pop. The album has some good material, but I just think the ... (read more)

Report this review (#914637) | Posted by The Mystical | Saturday, February 16, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THREE "The Ghost You Gave To me"