THE GHOST YOU GAVE TO ME

Three The Ghost You Gave To me album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy THREE Music
Studio Album, released in 2011

1. Sirenum Scopuli (01:10)
2. React (04:12)
3. Sparrow (04:04)
4. High Times (04:38)
5. Numbers (04:39)
6. One With the Sun (06:09)
7. The Ghost You Gave to Me (03:57)
8. Pretty (04:51)

- Joey Eppard / vocals, guitar
- Chris 'Gartdrumm' Gartmann / drums, vocals
- Billy Riker / guitars, effects
- Daniel Grimsland / bass

Metal Blade Records, October 2011 (item #150452)

Thanks to yam yam for the addition

THREE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THREE The Ghost You Gave To me Music

WHITE STRIPES The Big Three Killed My Baby 7" Vinyl Red LP Jack Meg raconteurs US $200.00 Buy It Now 29m 28s
vA THREE DEGREES MFSB EBONYS INTRUDERS + Japan Promo LP US $79.99 Buy It Now 33m 14s
VIOLENT FEMMES 3 Three on Cassette Tape US $5.99 Buy It Now 34m 14s
Johnny Cash & The Tennessee Three One Piece At A Time 10 Track Vinyl LP US $15.37 Buy It Now 35m 34s
ART BLAKEY & Jazz Messengers-Three Blind Mice-1972 United Jazz LP UAS-5633 VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 35m 59s
Three of a Kind David Rose, & Russ Case Percy Faith US $0.99 [0 bids]
37m 24s
VARIOUS ARTISTS**THREE WISE MEN**3 CD SET US $12.95 Buy It Now 39m 4s
Three Graces * by Three Graces (CD, Mar-2008, Decca (USA)) US $3.97 Buy It Now 40m 42s
ONE-TWO-THREE - Runaway - DISCO 45 - Prelude Promo US $10.99 Buy It Now 42m 15s
SAM CHAMPION - Three Songs - INDIE CD - Still Sealed US $8.99 Buy It Now 42m 15s
Limp Bizkit - Three 3 Dollar Bill CD, Excellent Condition US $10.99 [0 bids]
42m 35s
End Of Everything Three CD (UK Import) NEW US $20.19 Buy It Now 43m 11s
Misfits Vinyl Three Hits from Hell 7" Excellent Release April 1981 US $300.00 Buy It Now 43m 13s
(CI518) Three Trapped Tigers, Noise Trade - DJ CD US $5.11 Buy It Now 45m 1s
Three Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest by Be‚la Fleck & the Flecktones (CD, 1993) US $0.99 [0 bids]
45m 44s
SLIM WHITMAN - Keep It A Secret / My Heart Is Broken In Three IMPERIAL 78rpm US $8.95 Buy It Now 46m 15s
American Standard by Seven Mary Three (CD, Sep-1995, Atlantic (Label)) US $9.99 [0 bids]
48m 24s
THE THREE TENORS - CHRISTMAS - CD - NEW - PAVAROTTI - CARRERAS - DOMINGO - US $16.67 Buy It Now 49m 9s
Xavier Cugat's Mexico 78 rpm three record set Columbia Records 1940s US $12.00 [0 bids]
49m 46s
BLACK CROWES - THREE SNAKES AND ONE CHARM US $1.00 Buy It Now 50m 14s
The Three Kittens SAD, SENTIMENTAL AND SORRY/WEDDING CAKE POLKA 45 CORAL 9-61551 US $29.99 [0 bids]
51m 53s
MFSB & Three Degrees TSOP/Something For Nothing 45RPM Philadelphia International US $9.00 Buy It Now 52m 21s
THE BEST OF THE THREE SUNS LP PLAYS WELL US $2.99 Buy It Now 52m 49s
THREE DOG NIGHT Black & White / Freedom For the Stallion 7 inch 45 US $0.69 [0 bids]
56m 36s
Genesis "Three Sides Live" 1982 Atlantic 2-2000 VG++ US $7.00 Buy It Now 57m 46s
DEBUSSY- LA MER- THREE NOCTURNES- VAN BEINUM- CONCERTGEBOUW- NM US $3.95 [0 bids]
58m 47s
THE WILCOX THREE-THE GREATEST FOLKS SONGS EVER SUNG!-RARE-VG++/NM US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h
The Three Suns (Silent Night) Jingle Bells on RCA Victor Records 47-3059 US $3.95 Buy It Now 1h 2m
THE THREE SUNS twilight time - hindustan 7" VG+ RCA 447 0226 Vinyl Record US $3.75 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Three Vintage Southern Gospel LP Albums (Blue Ridge Quartet & Christian Brothers US $1.00 [0 bids]
Lot of 4 THREE DOG NIGHT LPs Harmony, Naturally, Captured Live, Seven Separate US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 6m
RARE Three Dog Night 12" LP NEAR MINT Their Greatest Hits RECORD CLUB Edition US $10.50 Buy It Now 1h 7m
TOMMY JAMES Mony Mony / One Two Three And I Fell 7" Vinyl Single 45 1968 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
45~DAVID McCALLUM~THREE BITES/HOUSE~AXELROD~W/Slev~HEAR US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
3 To The Power Of Three - Cassette - SEALED US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONGRY Donnie Fritts 7" 45 RARE US $3.99 [0 bids]
KALIN TWINS-----WHEN / THREE O'CLOCK THRILL US $8.00 [0 bids]
TWO BANKS OF FOUR ~ Three Street Worlds ~ CD Album [Digipak] ~ GC! US $6.10 Buy It Now 1h 11m
THE DEVIL MAKES THREE I'm A Stranger Here VINYL LP RECORD Brand New! + mp3 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
THE DEVIL MAKES THREE Live at the Mystic Theatre VINYL LP RECORD Brand New! US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
"Three Little Girls In Blue" soundtrack sealed LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
Beethoven THREE QUARTETS FOR PIANO AND STRINGS CHS 1215 Near Mint- US $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 14m
LANDOWSKA- BACH- TWO-PART INVENTIONS- THREE- PART INVENTIONS- CONCERTO- NM US $3.95 [0 bids]
The Three Tenors in Concert (CD, Jun-1998, London) US $5.45 [0 bids]
Let's Dance with the Three Suns,Record US $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 15m
The Three Degrees -The Best of the Three Degrees [SBC] (CD New) US $13.66 Buy It Now 1h 16m
2-LP, Blue Note's Three Decades of Jazz Vol 1 1939 1949, "Audition Copy", VG+ US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Wilson Pickett 45 Soul Dance Number Three / You Can't Stand Alone (Soul) VG++ US $6.00 [0 bids]
Wilson Pickett 45 Soul Dance Number Three / You Can't Stand Alone (Soul) EX US $6.00 [0 bids]
Ravi Shankar 'THREE RAGAS' World Pacific Stereo NM US $39.95 Buy It Now 1h 19m
THREE DOG NIGHT HARD LABOR LP WITH FOLDER GATEFOLD COVER 710 US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Lex Records Sample Three Lexoleum LP Vinyl 2003 Madlib Dangermouse 3 rare US $9.99 [0 bids]
THREE PENNY OPERA 1976 RAUL JULIA Blair Brown NM Papp Shakespeare QUADRAPHONIC US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
HANDEL THE MESSIAH Volume three Vintage LP record album SL-51 Isobel Baillie old US $3.99 [0 bids]
BOOMER CASTLEMAN THREE FEET HIGH GROOVIN NM 45RPM SLSF 350 ACL US $0.99 [0 bids]
Three Days of Rain-2005-Orig Soundtrack-13 Tracks-CD US $46.86 Buy It Now 1h 24m
SPIKE ROBINSON - THREE FOR THE ROAD - NEW CD US $12.91 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Historical Opera Performances Editon Giuseppe Verdi three record set 1941 US $19.00 [0 bids]
The Seraphim Guide th the Grand Opera three record set US $12.00 [0 bids]
Guiseppe Verdi Aida three record set Record Album US $14.00 [0 bids]
il Trovatore Three record set US $20.00 [0 bids]
Three 6 Mafia - Most Known Unknown [Edited] (CD, 2005) - No Scratches US $2.00 [0 bids]
Three Dog Night - It Ain't Easy - record alblum US $8.99 [0 bids]
We Are Three * - Joi (Electronic) (CD 2001) US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 29m
GRYPHON Red Queen To Gryphon Three Bell U.S. Pressing Prog LP NM LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
Three Dog Night - Naturally - record alblum US $8.99 [0 bids]
THREE MOODS: Stop, Look And Listen (rockabilly vinyl 45) US $30.00 Buy It Now 1h 30m
THE REFLECTIONS - THREE SRTEPS FROM TRUE LOVE - 45rpm (200) US $0.75 [0 bids]
* Limp Bizkit - Three Dollar Bill Y'All [PA] US $2.50 Buy It Now 1h 33m
STAN KENTON - JUNE CHRISTY 78 Four Months Three Weeks / Painted Rhythm 1946 Jazz US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 34m
il Trovatore Three record set US $23.00 [0 bids]
MANFRED MANN CHAPTER THREE: Manfred Mann Chapter Three: Collector's Item LP (Ge US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Bobby Darin three records US $1.99 [0 bids]
EDDIE COCHRAN = Three Steps To Heaven = NEAR MINT = LONDON 9115 = Rock US $34.20 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Three Sinatra Discs US $6.00 [0 bids]
45~FREDDIE FENDER~THREE WISHES/OOH~TEX MEX~NORCO~LISTEN US $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Wild Wild SXSW Affair Volume Three / 2 CD Set US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Three Tenors in Concert 1994 (CD, Aug-1994, Atlantic (Label)) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Treacherous Three Xmas Rap 12'' Vinyl Record Christmas Sugar Hill Records US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Shinead O'Connor 7" 45 Record Three Babies SEALED US $3.75 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Various Artists Splash! Sleepy Time Tunes Birth to Three CD US $6.13 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Three's a Crowd! Intimate Jazz ~ Phil Moody Quintet! Somerset P-10400 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Three Dog Night / Suitable For Framing / 1st Edition US $6.00 [0 bids]
TWO HEARTS IN THREE QUARTER TIME FAVORITE MELODIES OF OLD VIENNA ROBERT STOLZ US $0.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Rock 45 - Three Dog Night - 'Til The World Ends - 1975 US $1.49 [0 bids]
Three Degrees 45 You're The One / Stardust (Funk) EX US $6.00 [0 bids]
Three Degrees 45 You're The One (Stereo) / You're The One (Mono) (Funk) VG++ US $6.00 [0 bids]
Three Degrees 45 I Wanna Be Your Baby / MONO (N Soul) Rromo DJ EX US $6.00 [0 bids]
Three Degrees 45 Find My Way / I Wanna Be Your Baby (N Soul)EX US $6.00 [0 bids]
Philadelphia International Records - MFSB Featuring Three Degrees Vinyl Record US $3.99 [0 bids]
ISAAC HAYES JERRY BUTLER TAVARES LOT OF THREE 8 TRACK TAPES US $17.49 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THREE DOG NIGHT JOY TO THE WORLD / I CAN HEAR YOU CALLING NM MCA 45 rpm Record US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Three Suns The Sounds of Christmas LP RCA LPM-1132 Mono US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Glas Yngstrom & Big Tex Three "Mr. Bob's Blue Devils" cd SEALED US $10.87 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Original Soundtrack : Three to Tango CD (1999) US $3.96 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Three doors down rare single lot of two Loser and Be Like That US $6.50 [0 bids]
Tommy James and the Shondells Mony Mony & One Two Three and I Fell R-7008 US $3.99 [0 bids]
BIG CHILL (1983) MOTOWN LP w/Marvin Gaye,Temptations,Three Dog Night..... US $5.70 Buy It Now 1h 57m
THREE SWEDISH FIDDLE - THREE SWEDISH FIDDLERS - NEW CD US $13.17 Buy It Now 1h 58m
ARTUR RODZININSKI Falla Three Cornered Hat Complete Seraphim 60021 NM US $2.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy THREE music online Buy THREE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THREE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THREE The Ghost You Gave To me ratings distribution

THREE The Ghost You Gave To me reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'The Ghost You Gave To Me' - Three (7/10)

I have been enamoured with the band Three (or '3') ever since I saw them several years back opening for the immortal Dream Theater. Even though very few in the audience had ever heard of this US act before, it would be difficult to pinpoint someone who wasn't blown away by their performance. Highlighted by the unsurpassed acoustic guitar talents of frontman Joey Eppard, the band was tight and powerful, and my introduction to Three was met with a shortness of breath. Although a recording of old songs has some out since that concert and the big album they were touring for, 'The Ghost You Gave To Me' is the legitimate follow up to 'The End Is Begun'. Back is the powerful songwriting and dynamic presentation that first attracted me to the band, and I have no problem saying that Three have released another fine record. 'The Ghost You Gave To Me' may have even stood a chance to become the band's defining record, were it not for a few less-than-glorious changes that the band has made to their sound.

Three deserve their labeling as progressive rock, but they take a distinctly modern approach, skirting away from many of the conventions that has dragged down the prog 'genre' as of late. The songwriting is generally concise and melodic, and typically relies more on melodic hooks, rather than ten minute solos and the like. 'The Ghost You Gave To Me' is an eleven song set of Three's recognizable writing. With a sound that keeps in touch with current rock trends, Three juice up the music with dramatic flair and feeling. Much like 'The End Is Begun' and albums prior, Three delivers a powerful package despite hovering within a four-minute song format. All the same, the progressive quality comes in through the way the band performs these songs. One of the defining qualities of Three- and the reason I liked them so much to begin with- was the unique use of acoustic guitar in the music. Despite being dramatic rock music, the acoustic guitar work of Joey Eppard was rarely not at the forefront of the action, and for good reason too. The man is a genius with a six-string, and it was always amazing to hear the man pluck away with such complexity. While the songwriting and more rock-oriented aspects of Three are in full force here, the acoustics seem to be something that the band have skirted away from. The intro 'Sirenum Scopuli' is a tease, basking in acoustic glory, and the first 'real' song 'React' makes use of the acoustic guitar in much the same way that they did on the previous album. Throughout the rest of the album though, there is a clear sense that my favourite aspect of the band has become less of a factor in their music.

Instead of the acoustics, I actually feel that Three are beginning to tread into metal territory. This has been a band that has historically attracted the metalhead crowd, but until now, I never thought that they really incorporated metal into their music. Mind you, we still aren't treading into anything particularly extreme with 'The Ghost You Gave To Me', but parts of these songs do tend to crank up the guitars to the point where they would not sound out of place on a modern progressive metal album. To an extent, this tends to work well with this batch of songs. Most of the material that 'The Ghost You Gave To Me' offers is upbeat and energetic. Although his acoustic duties are somewhat subdued this time around, Joey Eppard's voice is taking even more of a forefront in the band's sound this time around, and while his higher register voice may not appeal to everyone in the progressive rock, or metal communities, he has an incredibly skilled voice. His heavy use of ad-libbing would put many a soul warbler to shame.

While I hate the use of paradoxes when attempting to explain something, Three indeed offers more of the same with 'The Ghost You Gave To Me', all the while making some considerable adjustments to how they perform as an act. The more rock-oriented feel to the band this time is no failure, but does not move me in quite the same way as the acoustic- freakout glory of some of their earlier music. Some issues of taste aside, Three are still an artistically vital act.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#569670) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 18, 2011

Review by memowakeman
3 stars Nice modern prog!

There are some bands whose sound may be easily linked with both, progressive and alternative rock, giving as a result music that might also be loved by the fans of those two genres; I believe it happens with 3 (Three), a USA band whose new album entitled "The Ghost You Gave To Me" has just been released through Metal Blade Records; an album that consists on twelve songs that together make a total time of 52 minutes. It opens with "Sirenum Scopuli", a one-minute introductory track with a mellow sound, acoustic guitar and vocals. It leads to "React" which is a song I fell in love since the first time I listened to it. The voice caught my attention and now I can say I like it a lot, the guitar sound is great (acoustic and electric), and I also like the effects, don't really know if made by synthesizers, but they put great atmospheres. The song may be catchy and easy to sing, I truly enjoy doing so.

"Sparrow" starts heavier (without being metal) and later slows down. I started saying that their sound may appeal to prog and alt rock fans, but I believe some metal fans could also like the band and this album, and this song is a nice example due to its variation in moods and styles. "High Times" connects nice guitar figures with a great voice (I once again highlight the effects). The structure is very good, the drummer plays his instrument really well, creating several sounds and exploding the drums at its best. Though I don't think it would be their goal, I would easily put this track as a radio-hit.

"Numbers" has some kind of suspense feeling at the beginning, but it later explodes and becomes heavier. The structure is repeated until minute two where a moment with short guitar riffs appear, but later the chorus returns. However, the last minutes are the best part of the song, due to the increased intensity and the powerful feeling they implement. "One with the Sun" is one of the longest track here, and it is mellower, softer than the previous ones. Here the composition is really good, well-crafted and intelligently arranged, a clear example of the great compositional skill of the band, though I admit this is by no means my favorite track.

"The Ghost You Gave To Me" has dynamism in its structure, with that cool sound prog-alt- metal that predominates in 3's music. Here what I like the most are the voices, and the guitar work. "Pretty" seems to be a heavier track but it actually slows down really soon and maintains a mid-tempo rhythm with some pauses, though in the chorus it is faster (and really catchy).

"Afterglow" is my least favorite track of the album, I don't really like it. Don't really know how to explain it, but I feel this particular song may be loved by the simplest kid on the block, due to its over-catchy sound and those friendly rhythms, though in the last minutes the drummer makes a good work. "It's Alive" is a much better song in every sense: compositional, executional, emotional, etc. I love the changes in rhythm and mood and how it is calm and all of a sudden it explodes.

"Only Child" is the longest track here and without a doubt one of their finest compositions. Since the first seconds we can notice the complexity of the strings and the accompaniment of drums and voice. It is a charming track in the first two minutes and a half, because it later changes and puts a darker atmosphere which will not abandon the song until the very end. The ambient is tense and in moments baffling; the song becomes even more ambitious just before the fourth minute, the musicianship is great and the faster rhythms wonderful; the addition of keyboards is also great. This song is worth the whole album, it is impressive.

And the album finishes with "The Barrier" which is a much calmer track that contrasts with the explosion of the previous one; in this song there is a mellow sound that announces the end, so it seems the band is saying goodbye.

The album is good without a doubt, with its highs and lows, but solid after all, however their style is not really my main attraction, and it evidently is not a masterpiece, so my final grade will be three (pun intended) stars.

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#585906) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 10, 2011

2 stars I got this album in a spontaneous move, and as it was fairly cheap, I am not annoyed that I was so disappointed. There is not much to offer here in the way of progressive metal, more alternative, semi-metal "Foo-Fighters"-esque indie-pop. The album has some good material, but I just think the ... (read more)

Report this review (#914637) | Posted by The Mystical | Saturday, February 16, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THREE "The Ghost You Gave To me"