THE BOOK

Seven Steps To The Green Door

Seven Steps To The Green Door The book album cover

Buy SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR Music
Studio Album, released in 2011

1. Prologue (A Man And The Book)
2. The Empty Room / The Realization
3. The Crying Child (1st Nail)
4. The Healing Wonder (2nd Nail)
5. The Dividing Water (3rd Nail)
6. The Last Supper (4th Nail)
7. The Eternal Abstinence (5th Nail)
8. The Deadly Crucifixion (dedicated to Anna Seghers out of gratitude for "The Seventh Cross")
9. The Green Door - Looking For The Last Solution
10. Epilogue (A Bird And The Book)

Search SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR The book lyrics

Search SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR The book tabs

Ulf Reinhardt (drums)
Marek Arnold (keys, sax)
Eddie Gemeinhardt (guitar)
Heiko Rehm (bass)
Lars K÷hler (vocals)
Anne Trautmann (vocals)

Thanks to psarros for the addition

SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR The book Music

More places to buy SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR music online Buy SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR The book ratings distribution

SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR The book reviews

Review by Windhawk
4 stars SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR is a German act that was formed in 2006, with the sophomore production appearing two years later, both albums harvesting their fair share of plaudits one might add. "The ? Book" from 2011 is their third full-length production, and the first of their albums to be released by the German label Progressive Promotion Records.

While perhaps not as mesmerizing as their previous album to my ears, " The ? Book" is an intriguing conceptual production, covering multiple stylistic expressions and exploring a religious theme in a rather innovative manner. Adventurous but accessible is a description that defines this disc for me, and as far as recommendations go I'd hazard a guess that most people who enjoy acts like Magic Pie should find themselves intrigued by this album.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#639151) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 23, 2012

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
4 stars Sometimes being a lover of lyrics can really be a downer. I can't help myself, though. I really cannot absorb an album unless I also absorb the lyrical content, and that lyrical content can even ruin an album for me. I'm sorry to say that Seven Steps to the Green Door's "The Book" is one such album, though I still love the music.

Seven Steps to the Green Door is a German group full of talented musicians and eclectic ideas. The band is classified as neo-prog here, but they shift from style to style seamlessly, so I don't think any genre would be able to keep them. Yes, we get neo-prog, but we also get metal, alternative, and wonderful ballads. The band utilizes an incredible drummer to keep the music intense, but also a diverse range of guitar work, from riffing to finger work. The band overall has a personality and funkiness that is so attractive and absorbing. It's quite impressive. In fact, I'd call this music daring, and they experiment and explore freely.

One of the best parts of the music is the presence of Marek Arnold and his array of keys and sax. Seriously, anything this guys plays on is pure gold. From his jazzy sax to his ethereal keys atmospheres to his incredible solos and leads, Marek really carries the melody on this album. The incredible interplay between proggy keys and metal is especially enjoyable for me.

Like I said, though, the lyrical content is a bit of a letdown for me. Now, this band is daring, as I said. The concept is ambitious and well-written, and very complex, too. It involves a man being locked in a room with six doors. He simply needs to escape the room, and he relies solely on his faith in God to do so. Long story short, he realizes through his experiences behind those doors that he needs to trust himself to escape the room, and, when he discovers this, he finds a seventh door (a green one, obviously) that leads him to his lover and to true divinity (love). I've heard all this nonsense before in a myriad of other forms, and it irks me to no end with its shallowness that masquerades as depth and truth. Reality is far more complicated than just trusting yourself for everything and leaving thousands of years of ancient wisdom behind you. It's foolish and arrogant, to be honest.

Okay, I'm done. This is an excellent album musically, and I will listen to it often for years to come. However, I felt I must mention my issues with the lyrics, and I hope that it has at least inspired you to give the album and lyrics a try, too.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#1117289) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 21, 2014

4 stars For their 3rd album, eclectic Germans from Seven Steps to the Green Door did a concept album inspired by the biblical story of salvation. An admirable concept admirably realized - not in a dumb, Neal Morse-ian kind of way. However, that idea by definition precludes the playfulness displayed on their ... (read more)

Report this review (#1119046) | Posted by Progrussia | Friday, January 24, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR "The book"