WHEN AGE HAS DONE ITS DUTY

Cosmograf

Cosmograf When Age Has Done Its Duty album cover

Buy COSMOGRAF Music
Studio Album, released in 2011

1. Into This World (11:15)
2. Blacksmith's Hammer (5:01)
3. On Which We Stand (9:28)
4. Bakelite Switch (7:36)
5. Memory Lost (7:03)
6. When Age Has Done Its Duty (13:02)
7. White Light Awaits (5:49)
8. Dog On The Clee (3:30)

Search COSMOGRAF When Age Has Done Its Duty lyrics

Steve Thorn / vocals & backing vocals
Tom O' Bedlam / Growing Old' recital
Lee Abraham / guitar and bass
Dave Ware / drums

This is a concept album written and produced by Rob Armstrong based on the trials of the ageing process, drawing on memories of family past.

Thanks to toroddfuglesteg for the addition
and to Roland113 for the last updates

COSMOGRAF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy COSMOGRAF When Age Has Done Its Duty Music

When Age Has Done It's DutyWhen Age Has Done It's Duty
Ais 2011

More places to buy COSMOGRAF music online Buy COSMOGRAF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for COSMOGRAF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

COSMOGRAF When Age Has Done Its Duty ratings distribution

COSMOGRAF When Age Has Done Its Duty reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars Growing old

By design, this is I believe a great concept album as it tells about growing old - even from the album title you can have a sense of what it's all about. It actually fits with my requirements as I am growing old. In fact, everyone does. Musically I was prompted by my friend that it's a stunning neo-prog album by Cosmograf - a band that I knew nothing at all despite it's already the third album. When I listened to it the first time my impression was on the sonic production quality of the album. In fact this album reminds me to Dutch band TRIANGLE which also has great sonic production. The music? It's similar to TRIANGLE but it's much more mellow this one by Cosmograf. The one thing similar with Triangle is the vocal quality - especially this one by Cosmograf - that sounds strange to my ears. It's like the vocal does not blend nicely with the music. Well ...it might be a matter of taste I believe.

The music offered by this album is good in terms of overall composition and how it represents a concept album as the lyrics as well as the music flow quite well from one part to another. The opening track "Into This World" (11:15) is really a good one to enjoy. I like the combination of mellow parts as well as the heavier one especially those with stunning guitar work. But after the first track I cannot get my adrenalin flows faster as the music tends to be mellow in all parts in the album. Yes - they are good music overall but there is no dynamic demonstrated as usually progressive music has. There are many Floydian guitar solos and all of them I love very much. I can enjoy the music under ear candy prog with relatively no challenge in complexities in any part of the music.

In conclusion, I still recommend those of you who love mellow neo-prog music to have this album as the melody is good and the composition is good as well. It's just not as dynamic I would have expected. Keep on proggin' ..!!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#581070) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 03, 2011

3 stars I was recomended this album by a friend who had seen reviews saying it was similar to Sean Filkins album, War And Peace & Other Short Stories. It is similar, Conceptual long tracks, the use of effects, guest musicians, and great playing by Armstrong and all the guests, and great vocals, but th ... (read more)

Report this review (#589477) | Posted by Prog Panda | Friday, December 16, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Cosmograf is a progressive rock project led by talented, UK based multi-instrumentalist Robin Armstrong. 'When Age Has Done Its Duty' is Cosmograf's third album release since 2008 and sees the band signed to F2 Records, a move which will hopefully increase publicity and heighten the band's pro ... (read more)

Report this review (#552147) | Posted by Distant Planet | Tuesday, October 18, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Wow !!!! This band has been flying under the radar for a while before they exploded onto the scene with this album, releaese by F2/Festival Records and getting some mainstream magazines attention with the aid of this label. Well deserved, too. The band is lead by Rob Armstrong who is the only f ... (read more)

Report this review (#551191) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Sunday, October 16, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of COSMOGRAF "When Age Has Done Its Duty"