FRAKTAL.TWO

Akt

Akt frAKTal.two album cover

Buy AKT Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2011

1. I Giorni Delle Maree [Giorno I] (5:16)
2. Quando Piove Sulle Onde (5:11)
3. I Giorni Delle Maree [Giorno III] (5:38)

Total time: 16:05

Search AKT frAKTal.two lyrics

Search AKT frAKTal.two tabs

- Simone Negrini / drums, percussion, piano, keyboards, synths
- Marco Brucale / guitars
- Alessandro Malandra / acoustic & electric bass, contrabass

self-released

Thanks to rivertree for the addition

AKT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AKT frAKTal.two Music

Die Form, Akt: Best Of The Side Projects Audio CD US $26.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGMA Concert 1971 Bruxelles Theatre 140 AKT VIII 2xCD zeuhl NM US $14.99 [0 bids]
RABENHOLZ-AKT1-AUF WELKEN SCHWINGEN-digipack-2010 US $14.66 Buy It Now 5 days
WAGNER DIE WALKURE 1 AKT / ACTE 1 CD LEHNANN LIST BRUNO WALTER EMI REFERENCE US $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
ANDERSSONS,BENNY ORKESTER-TOMTEN HAR AKT HEM CD NEW US $31.04 Buy It Now 5 days
LECHIA-AKT WOLI 1 PRESS 2010 GRAVELAND VELES HONOR RARE!!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Anderssons Benny Orkester - Tomten Har Akt Hem CD US $31.75 Buy It Now 6 days
MAD4 - Japan CD - NEW WESSUN KEN AKT THE JN MAD 4 US $14.24 Buy It Now 6 days
Die Meistersinger Von Nurnberg - Dritter Akt US $13.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Anderssons, Benny Orkester Tomten Har Akt Hem CD New US $7.93 Buy It Now 9 days
Lechia ?- Akt Woli - 2010 Hell is Here Productions - Sealed US $5.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Dollie-"Første Akt" LP VG/VG+ Dollie de Luxe Norweigian 80's pop US $6.00 Buy It Now 11 days
? KOROL I SHUT - AKT 2. NA KRAYU 2012 NEW CD ????????? US $13.96 Buy It Now 11 days
Ein Akt der Gewalt CD US $2.45 Buy It Now 12 days
Dernier Akt Présente: One Way - CD Rap Quebecois (Compilation) US $4.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Walkre 1.Akt/Szenen Aus Opern - Staatskapel Saxonian New & Sealed Compact Disc F US $39.92 Buy It Now 15 days
CANE AND ABLE LP, Cane And Able (AKT US Issue NM/NM) US $20.95 Buy It Now 16 days
BENNY ORKESTER ANDERSSONS - TOMTEN HAR AKT HEM NEW CD US $35.87 Buy It Now 17 days
SBB - W Filharmonii: Akt 2 US $23.92 Buy It Now 17 days
Andy Yorke - Simple CD US $24.03 Buy It Now 19 days
Rabenholz - Akt 1 - Auf welken Schwingen DIGI-CD US $18.15 Buy It Now 20 days
KOROL I SHUT Todd - Akt 1. Prazdnik Krovi (CD,2011) Punk Rock US $13.10 Buy It Now 22 days
KOROL I SHUT Todd - Akt 1. Prazdnik Krovi (CD,2011,DIGIPAK) Punk Rock US $21.10 Buy It Now 22 days
KOROL I SHUT Todd - Akt 2. Na Krayu (CD,2012,DIGIPAK) Punk Rock US $19.80 Buy It Now 22 days
Yolimba-Musikalische Posse in einem Akt - Rundfunkorc Munchner New US $28.89 Buy It Now 22 days
Various Artists Rosenkavalier (3.Akt) CD US $10.15 Buy It Now 22 days
Furrer The Scarlet Letter: Vorspiel und 3. Akt CD US $2.45 Buy It Now 22 days
Absurd - Der akt GERMAN 12" US $12.98 Buy It Now 23 days
D'preuve d'Amour by Stella Vander (CD, Mar-1993, AKT) US $29.86 Buy It Now 23 days
Parsifal 3.Akt-Berlin 1942 - Hans Knappertsbusch New & Sealed Compact Disc Free US $24.39 Buy It Now 24 days
Stella Vander - Passage Du Nord Ouest Paris 1991 CD US $31.75 Buy It Now 25 days
Sbb - W Filharmonii: Akt 1 Bonus Tracks Rmst Dig CD US $19.82 Buy It Now 27 days
Sbb - W Filharmonii: Akt 2 Bonus Tracks Rmst Dig CD US $19.82 Buy It Now 27 days
DIETER MEIER - OUT OF CHAOS - AKT749CD US $17.77 Buy It Now 27 days
W FILHMARMONII: AKT 2 - NEW CD US $16.75 Buy It Now 27 days
W FILHARMONII: AKT 1 [5907785026643] - NEW CD US $16.75 Buy It Now 27 days
LECHIA (Pol) Akt Woli GRAVELAND TEMNOZOR NORTH US $7.50 Buy It Now 27 days
CANE AND ABLE Psych Funk AKT RECORDS Sealed Vinyl LP US $12.00 Buy It Now 27 days
Richard Wagner : Die Walkure Akt 1 (Barenboim) CD (1999) US $12.57 Buy It Now 29 days
Wagner/Gtterdmmerung 2.Akt - Sir Thomas Beecham New & Sealed Compact Disc Free S US $28.60 Buy It Now 29 days
Akt: Best of the Side Projects by Die Form (CD, May-2001, 2 Discs, Metropolis) US $49.99 Buy It Now 29 days
Robert Dietz Arkitekt 01 - 2 CD Album Tech House Dance (AKT001CD). US $24.35 Buy It Now 29 days
JEYSHERTZ/FELES feat ANGIEGIRL/4AKT/DANKAN - Moysa - 12" US $18.82 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy AKT music online Buy AKT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AKT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AKT frAKTal.two ratings distribution

AKT frAKTal.two reviews

Review by memowakeman
2 stars A much softer EP!

Since I discovered Akt and their debut album, I have been following their musical career because I was stunned by their quality and originality. "Déntrokirtós" has been one of my favorite Italian albums released in the last five years; while their first EP, entitled "FrAKTal.one" caught my attention due to the great King Crimson covers they did. Now in this 2011 they released "Blemmebeya", which once again has left me positive impressions; while a second EP with the name of "fractal.two" saw the light but with a different facet, now with soft, delicate and instrumental five-minute pieces.

This EP is really different from their previous efforts. This time the band changed their direction, though their quality is still wonderful, with well-crafted compositions, good melodies and delicious sounds. And I praise them because changing is always a risk, and they dared it, no matter the result. "frATKtal.two" consists of three songs, which make a total time of 16 minutes length.

"I Giorni delle mare (giorno I)" starts delicately with a piano, then acoustic guitar and keyboards appear (the latter making a flute sound), the mood is pretty warm and soft. After a minute and a half there is a one-second stop and the song structure is being rebuilt, the elements are the same but the sounds are a bit different. And after three and a half minutes it returns to its original form, as in the beginning of the track, but here drums are added.

"Quando piove sulle onde" has a wonderful acoustic contrabass sound, some soft percussions, a charming piano and great acoustic guitar. One may think that this progressive rock band has a strong link with jazz. After two minutes the song changes a little bit, creating a darker passage for some seconds, however, as in the first track, here the song also returns to its original form, and finishes like that.

"I Giorni delle mare (giorno III)" finishes this EP. The style is the same as the previous songs: a warm and delicate sound, with piano almost all the time, acoustic guitar, bass and soft percussion. There are moments where the song becomes more emotional, but it never changes drastically. The three songs are good, with their particular style, however, I did not feel attracted by Akt due to its softness, no, it was due to its originality and complexity, so to my ears this EP does not reach the same level as the other Akt works, which is why my final grade will be two stars. You can download it for free through their website, though.

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#580650) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 02, 2011

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
3 stars After the incredibly good Blemmebeya, the Italian band AKT releases this short EP, just about 15 minutes in total that's quite different form what they have done up to now. This ED is more jazzy, with some Newage influences, and even with that touch of eclectism coming from their declared love for King Crimson sounds more like the jazzy Windham Hill artists of the 80s. I think to Michael Manring for the very good bass, but also others like Scott Cossu or Alex DeGrassi. The remind to Windham Hill is also a consequence of the fact that the first two tracks are completely acoustic and chill-out.

The three songs in the EP are a sort of little concept, inspired to the sea and the tides, at least this is what the track titles say.

Also this album is downloadable for free from the AKT website so checking it out requires just a few of your time. Personally I like it very much, but I've been a Wyndham Hill follower in the 80s so I can't not like it.

So what to say? AKT confirm to be very Eclectic and I think this EP deserves some attention.

3 solid stars.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#597762) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 29, 2011

Post a review of AKT "frAKTal.two"