SACRILEGE

CD 1
1. Pnoom
2. Spoon
3. Vitamin C
4. Blue Bag (Inside Paper)
5. T V Spot

8. Oh Yeah

Search CAN Sacrilege lyrics

Search CAN Sacrilege tabs

1997 LP Mute 69033

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Sacrilege Music

Tago MagoTago Mago
Mute U.S. 2008
We Can Make It, Peters and Lee, Good Vinyl US $12.92 Buy It Now 35m 53s
Osuna "I can feel my blood pumping" LP Morbido Records Spain import US $11.99 Buy It Now 38m 56s
All That You Can't Leave Behind by U2 (CD, Oct-2000, Interscope (USA)) US $4.99 Buy It Now 41m 20s
TAZZ - U CAN'T HOLD ME RARE FORT WORTH TEXAS LIL KEKE US $13.99 Buy It Now 44m 20s
Can't Slow Down, Lionel Richie, Good Vinyl US $9.57 Buy It Now 46m 30s
Woody Reed HOW CAN I KEEP FROM SINGING -Vinyl LP NM US $24.95 Buy It Now 46m 32s
2O CD ALBUM...CAN,T GET ENOUGH US $9.31 Buy It Now 52m 12s
CLARENCE BERRY: Can't Stand Being In Love With You (soul vinyl 45) US $20.00 Buy It Now 52m 29s
UFO 'ONLY YOU CAN ROCK ME / CHERRY' UK 7" SINGLE US $2.49 Buy It Now 55m 43s
DEAD CAN DANCE - THE SERPENTS SERPENT'S EGG CD ALBUM US $14.02 Buy It Now 58m 25s
Sisters Of Mercy "I Can't Await To Meet My Deadly Friends" LPSIS CLEAR 12" LP NM US $49.97 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Blues Traveler "1,000,000 People Can't Be Wrong" 2x CD Black Crowes US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
CHANSON - I Can Tell ~ 12" Single US PRESS US $26.75 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Joe Walsh - You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind Vinyl US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m
MADONNA YOU CAN DANCE 1987 JAPAN CD 32XD-850 1st PRESS US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
MODERN ROMANCE 7" PS JAPAN CAN YOU MOVE Q706 US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
MADONNA YOU CAN DANCE JAPAN CASSETTE TAPE JAPANESE HARD TO FIND RARE NO PROMO US $51.50 [2 bids]
SURVIVOR 2 FOR 1 45's & Pic Slvs.-"I Can't Hold Back" & "First Night"-NM/NM US $6.60 Buy It Now 1h 30m
JOE WALSH YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH A SICK MIND ORIGINAL INNER SLEEVE 614 LP US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Garnett Silk - Nothing Can Divide Us CD US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Iron Maiden 'Can I Play With Madness' 2X12" Maxi Gatefold EP First 10 Years US $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
PATRICK JUVET 7" VINYL C/S GOT A FEELING CAN 127 1978 EX US $7.23 Buy It Now 1h 44m
ZELMA O'NEAL "Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man" US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
THE SUNDAYS original Vinyl 12" Can`t Be Sure (1989) US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
NICE Ann Peebles - I Can't Stand the Rain (CD, Fat Possum) FREE SHIPPING US $8.89 Buy It Now 1h 52m
SADE 1988 PROMO ONLY 7" VINYL 45 RECORD NOTHING CAN COME BETWEEN US N.MINT RARE US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 54m
1962 Rock 45 JIMMY ELLEDGE Can't You See It In My Eyes US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
CD SINGLE.. TAYLOR DAYNE. - CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOUR LOVE. US $6.35 Buy It Now 2h
SCHASCLE Can't Get Love With Money CD 2 Track (Warner Music Australia) US $3.70 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Elvis Presley 24K Gold Framed 45 of Can't Stop Falling In Love US $100.00 [0 bids]
MARK 700 This can't be the end 7" Fortuna Pop NEW US $10.02 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Tony Bennett Who Can I Turn To / Quiet Nights 7'' CBS AAG225 UK/63 US $10.02 Buy It Now 2h 7m
David Bowie 7" vinyl A LABEL DEMO Golden Years b/w Can You Hear Me US $18.42 [7 bids]
Michael Stanley Band / He Can't Love You Japan 7"single EYS-17112 US $28.00 Buy It Now 2h 13m
Can't Get Enough Of Your Love Babe ... Barry White 7" record UK US $13.08 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Fox Only You Can 7" vinyl single record UK GT8 GTO 1974 US $19.98 Buy It Now 2h 20m
1980 VILLAGE PEOPLE "Can't stop the music " Movie Soundtrack Record Album US $5.99 [0 bids]
Can't Get This No More Vol. 2 (CD, 1996) (Beautiful CD) US $3.29 [0 bids]
PROMO WHITE LABEL - OST / VILLAGE PEOPLE CAN'T STOP THE US $59.99 Buy It Now 2h 26m
We Can be Brave Again, The Armoury Show, Good Vinyl US $11.24 Buy It Now 2h 34m
FASTBALL all the pain money can buy Japan CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Metallica Japan Can edition St Anger Sealed set first pressing New Cd DVD US $149.99 [0 bids]
THE ZUTONS YOU CAN DO ANYTHING CD JU93 US $1.99 Buy It Now 2h 42m
BLANCHE if we can't trust the doctors Japan CD AU75 US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 42m
GROBSCHNITT SAME LP S/T 1972 gate brain 1008 rare vinyl prog kraut can faust US $129.00 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Vee Allen aka Velma Perkins Lion 45 Cheating is a No No b/w Can I VG w/sheen US $45.00 Buy It Now 2h 44m
ZOLA JESUS: POOR ANIMAL / I CAN'T STAND 2010 7"+MP3 NEW US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 50m
JAIL 'You Can Help Me' Orig 1976 unplayed German Press shrink Near Mint US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 51m
EUGENE BLACKNELL We Can't Take Life For Granted 2x LP NEW VINYL Luv N' Haight US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 52m
HEADACHE/CAN`T STAND STILL ORIG UK LOUT001 US $47.00 Buy It Now 2h 54m
NEW EDITION 'Can You Stand The Rain' Rare unplayed CD PROMO ONLY 1988 US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 56m
HI-FIVE 'Can't Wait Another Minute' (3 versions) RARE unplayed CD PROMO ONLY '88 US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Baby Doll, Girls Can't Help It, Good Vinyl US $14.59 Buy It Now 2h 57m
CAN Ege Bamyasi LP NEW VINYL repress classic Krautrock US $27.99 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan - Honey Child What Can Id Do? - 2006 UK 7" US $26.77 Buy It Now 3h
art & craft 12":JOHNNY CLARKE-can't get enough (yellow vinyl) (hear) US $25.08 Buy It Now 3h 3m
ITS A SECRET ~ I Can't Dance ~ 12" Single US $6.68 Buy It Now 3h 6m
A Fever You Can't Sweat Out Panic At The Disco CD NEW US $11.36 Buy It Now 3h 7m
GLORIA GAYNOR - Never Can Say Goodbye LP on MGM 1975 1st German Press US $30.00 Buy It Now 3h 7m
JOEY DEE & THE NEW STARLIGHTERS - HOW CAN I FORGET - CANEIL - NORTHERN SOUL US $8.35 [0 bids]
GAMBLER ANY NUMBER CAN WIN 1977 7" CHEAP US $6.68 Buy It Now 3h 14m
? n5990 12 - D.J.JAZZY JEFF AND THE FRESH PRINCE / I THINK I CAN BEAT MIKE TYSON US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 17m
ECHO PARK Can't Help It LP NEW VINYL Disfigured Dubz Onra US $17.99 Buy It Now 3h 17m
Trash Can Sinatras - Hayfever CD Single US $9.99 [0 bids]
Trust Fund Babies - Can't Trust Me PS 7" 45 VG++ Vinyl US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Pet Shop Boys - Can You Forgive Her / I Want To Wake Up 45 Jukebox Only NM Wax US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 18m
STEELY DAN "CAN'T BY A THRILL" 8 TRACK TAPE US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 18m
MARVIN GAYE & TAMMI TERRELL - TWO CAN HAVE A PARTY - TAMLA - NORTHERN SOUL US $8.35 [0 bids]
You Can Dance + Obi vinyl LP album record UK WX76 SIRE 1987 US $35.05 Buy It Now 3h 19m
Hooked on Classics 2 Can't Stop the Classics, Louis Clark Conducting the RPO, Go US $10.91 Buy It Now 3h 19m
Andersen,Eric - You Can't Relive The Past (CD New) US $11.00 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Radiohead - Anyone Can Play Guitar Austn 5 tk. EP US $21.47 Buy It Now 3h 21m
ONLY LOVE CAN BREAK YOUR HEART . - RARE PIANOLA ROLL EX C. COND ITION US $22.92 Buy It Now 3h 23m
Trans-Continental - I Can Learn To Like This #41669 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Eleanor Mills - You Can't Have My Dreams - 1987 #141151 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Progression - You Can't Stop This Movement #231931 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Soundtronic - We Can Fly - X-Energy - 2001 #138892 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Styles P Feat. Akon - Can You Believe It - 2005 #202292 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Gloria Estefan - Can't Stay Away From You Epic #232271 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Basco (Chocolate Puma) - Can't Get Enough #226301 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Juliet Roberts - No-One Can Love You More #230084 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Nelson - I Say You Can't Stop - Diamond Trax #230872 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Hot / Can You Feel (Remixes) Blue Swan Music 2 #237294 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Tene Williams - Give Him A Love He Can Feel #213675 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Infadels - Can't Get Enough (Remixes) - 2005 #228510 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Northend - Can't Put No Price - Whacked - 2003 #240652 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Phil Fearon - I Can Prove It - Chrysalis - 1986 #242005 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Late Boys - Can't Stop Dancing - Flying Uk #234570 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Jeanie Tracy - Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You #248639 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Sandman - Can Can You Party - 1996 #238430 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Can You Feel (Thrillseekers Remix) - Data #234079 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Treacherous Three - Yes We Can Can - Sugarhill #233449 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Charlatans - Can't Get Out Of Bed - 1994 #296529 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Back Beat - I Can Feel Your Love - OUT - 1990 #262696 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Sheena Easton - You Can Swing It - MCA - 1991 #262892 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
N'Dea Davenport - Can't Hide Love (Remixes) #296384 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Detune - Just Can't Get Enough - Gp Records #248415 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Harajuku - Can You Feel The Love Tonight - 1995 #283567 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
DJ Tap It - Can You Feel It - First Contact #286126 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Eden - Can This Be Love - ARS - 1992 #260680 US $8.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Sacrilege ratings distribution

CAN Sacrilege reviews

Review by Syzygy
2 stars Directly or indirectly, Can had a huge influence on a lot of artists working in the trance/techno scene, and Holger Czukay has collaborated with some of the more adventurous exponents of contemporary dance music, so the idea of commissioning remixes of Can classics probably seemed logical at the time. Sadly, the results work neither as re interpretations nor as pieces of dance music in their own right. Brian Eno was moved to comment that there seemed to be little point doing remixes when the originals were so good, which says it all really.

Send comments to Syzygy (BETA) | Report this review (#23327) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 04, 2005

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars Ok, it's going to be hard to defend why on earth I have given this 4 stars. I haven't even given that to much Can albums. But one doesn't get too many chances to review a techno album on PA so I thought I'd go for the opportunity, especially when it's contains so much goodies like this one.

First of all, this whole album has got nothing to do with the original Can songs in the track list. So if you though 'remix' meant a bit of equalizing left and right then you have entirely wrong expectations. This album is called 'sacrilege' and there is a good reason why. You will hardly recognize any your favourite Can tunes. Few of the remixes use actual melodies or rhythms from the Can songs, the only thing that is vaguely recognizable is some of the sounds used.

This tribute is nevertheless soaked with the real Can adagio: first take everything apart and then construct an entirely new thing from the remaining carcass. While not all pieces work, most do. The dynamic rhythms and richly textured Can samples seem to be perfect material for a fine album in the typical 90-ties alternative techno styles.

A couple of samples.

Pnoom, by Eno. He thought there was little for him to improve on the original Can songs so he chose this little ditty. While there is some truth in what he says, he had better stayed away from this project altogether as he clearly didn't get the idea of the sacrilege idea. His Pnoom is exactly like the original.

Spoon, by Sonic Youth. This song sounds as if it was written for them of course. They stick to the original but add some of their typical guitar textures in the second half.

Tango Whiskeyman, by a Guy Called Gerald. A great remix this one, pure drum & bass techno all the way with some sampled parts of Can's original song. It makes for a chillingly claustrophobic and restless atmosphere.

Vitamin C, by U.N.K.L.E. This one uses the original Can-beat but brings it more to the front and greatly improved the sound.

Future Days, by Carl Craig. A dub groove dominates this one. Lush synths and hazy vocals whispering "Future Days" turn it into almost catchy tune. An improvement over the original.

Father Cannot Yell, by Pete Shelley (yes that guy from the Buzzcocks). Pure drum & bass techno again with nothing reminding me of the original song but this remix is simply ominous. One of the best things I've ever heard in the genre, very dynamic and heavy. Deep trance alert!

Yoo Doo Right, 3P mix. Charming little remix, it got a trip-hop beat and a layer of strings for accompaniment. With Malcolm Mooney's sampled vocals on top, it's almost become a pop song, not dissimilar from early No-man stuff. Great tune.

Flow Motion, by Air Liquide. Another one which bears no trace of the original but with a fittingly funky-industrial kind of beat. The samples used from the song add to the alienating industrial feel.

Oh Yeah, by Kris Needs. A bit of a lengthy dub mix here but still with a nice gloomy mood and a groovy pace.

This album stands as a fine example how experimental rock can transform into something entirely the opposite: a dance album, and one very much to my liking. I wouldn't recommended it to Can fans though, this album is rather meant to introduce fans of the featured artists to the strange world of Can. And it worked for me! Been a Can-fan ever since.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#284292) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 31, 2010

4 stars Seem like a few people here don't like this album, which is a shame as it's actually very good. Brian Eno's re-edit of Pnoom is a funny little track that will catcht the attention of anyone - ideal for introducing newcomers to the wonderful world of The Can. Then Sonic Youth slow down and noise u ... (read more)

Report this review (#41047) | Posted by | Sunday, July 31, 2005 | Review Permanlink

1 stars No. The idea of re-working another artist's work is to, um, re-work it. These tracks all suck because all that's happened is that the "remixer" has sampled the original track. The way in which CAN and Holger Czukay worked makes it impossible for the original master tapes to be used for remixing p ... (read more)

Report this review (#35287) | Posted by | Sunday, June 05, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Sacrilege"