SACRILEGE

CD 1
1. Pnoom
2. Spoon
3. Vitamin C
4. Blue Bag (Inside Paper)
5. T V Spot

8. Oh Yeah

Search CAN Sacrilege lyrics

Search CAN Sacrilege tabs

1997 LP Mute 69033

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Sacrilege Music

Future DaysFuture Days
Imports 2014
Vinyl$24.21
Sophie Delila Can't keep loving you CD Promo Single US $8.28 Buy It Now 29m 59s
RoadHouse(7" Vinyl P/S)Hell Can Wait-Vertigo-VER 57-UK-Ex/NM US $12.99 Buy It Now 31m 12s
The Four Tops(7" Vinyl)Don't Walk Away-Casablanca-CAN 1006-UK-Ex-/Ex US $10.49 Buy It Now 31m 12s
Michael Bolton(7" Vinyl P/S)How Can We Be Lovers-CBS-655918 7-UK-VG+/VG+ US $8.49 Buy It Now 31m 16s
Van Halen(7" Vinyl P/S)Can't Stop Lovin You-Warner-W0 288-UK-Ex/NM US $31.99 Buy It Now 31m 18s
Thomas Taylor(7" Vinyl P/S)You Can't Blame Love-Cool Tempo-COOL 123-UK-Ex/VG+ US $9.49 Buy It Now 31m 19s
Van Halen(7" Vinyl)Why Can't This Be Love-Warner-7 21973-UK-Ex/NM US $13.49 Buy It Now 31m 19s
Spin Doctors(7" Vinyl P/S)Little Miss Can't Be Wrong-Epic-Netherlands-VG+/Ex US $10.99 Buy It Now 31m 19s
Van Halen(7" Vinyl P/S)Why Can't This Be Love-Warner-W 8740-UK-VG/VG US $7.49 Buy It Now 31m 24s
I Can't Stop by Al Green (Vocals) (CD, Nov-2003, Blue Note (Label)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
31m 50s
MADONNA YOU CAN DANCE ORIGINAL CD ALBUM GERMAN PRESS SEE COLLECTION MADONA US $8.28 Buy It Now 34m 16s
RED SOVINE Can I Keep Him Daddy / Red's So Fine 1974 7" 45 VG+ to NM- US $2.50 Buy It Now 34m 36s
RON LOWRY Temporary / Can't Keep My Mind Off Loving You Promo 1976 7" 45 VG+ US $3.99 Buy It Now 35m
elvis presley - can't help falling in love - rca 47-7968 - ref# 16,886 US $11.99 [0 bids]
35m 16s
KIM WESTON "YOU CAN DO IT" KILLER MOTOWN / NORTHERN SOUL LISTEN! US $13.26 Buy It Now 36m 47s
Connee Boswell - Star Dust / This Can't Be Love 45 rpm 1955 Promo US $2.75 Buy It Now 37m 5s
HOWARD JONES - THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER - 7" VINYL 1985 WEA US $4.96 Buy It Now 38m 23s
Billy Butler Chanters "I can't work no longer - Tomorrow" Northern Soul Okeh 45 US $5.99 Buy It Now 42m 26s
Panic! at the Disco A Fever You Can't Sweat Out 2005 Pop Punk Rock Music CD New US $11.60 Buy It Now 42m 29s
Camper Van Beethoven Vampire Can Mating Oven US $19.99 Buy It Now 43m 24s
GEORDIE - Can You Do It ISRAELI 7' HEBREW PRE AC/DC US $32.00 Buy It Now 43m 43s
PROMISED LAND - Yes You Can - 7" US $12.02 Buy It Now 43m 50s
SHERYL CROW 1993 CD Single CAN'T CRY ANYMORE CD Single part2 581057.2 NearMINT US $4.96 Buy It Now 44m 3s
12" 45 rpm Brainbeat - You can call me brain US $1.19 [0 bids]
44m 17s
SHEB WOOLEY The Purple People Eater / I Can't Believe... 7IN (ROCKABILLY) VG++ US $9.50 Buy It Now 45m 26s
TAMMY WYNETTE We Sure Can Love Each Other LP (QUADROPHONIC) NM- NM- US $11.00 Buy It Now 45m 32s
SUGAR Bob Mould USA 1992 CD Single IF I CAN'T CHANGE Your mind MINT US $4.96 Buy It Now 46m 1s
R.W. BLACKWOOD & The Blackwood Singers SEALED VINYL LP - We Can Feel Love US $19.99 Buy It Now 46m 9s
Can't Take Me Home by P!nk (CD, Apr-2000, LaFace) US $3.29 Buy It Now 46m 59s
MUSIC CD - PRINNY: CAN THIS REALLY BE THE OST? - NEW US $8.28 Buy It Now 49m 26s
Ketty Lester You Can't Lie To A Liar 7" 45 Era 3088 Vinyl US $3.74 Buy It Now 50m 35s
NILSSON - YOU CAN'T DO THAT / TEN LITTLE INDIANS - 1967 RCA VICTOR #47-9298 / vg US $7.50 Buy It Now 50m 54s
Sheena Easton Do It For Love/ Can't Wait 'Till Tomorrow 45 rpm jukebox ready Ex US $0.99 [0 bids]
52m 16s
POISON: NOTHIN' BUT A GOOD TIME / LOOK BUT YOU CAN'T TOUCH 45 RPM BRET MICHAELS US $8.99 Buy It Now 52m 35s
The Cameos Can You Remember / He Vinyl 45 US $15.75 Buy It Now 53m 4s
THE CURE-WHY CAN'T I BE WITH YOU? US $8.00 [0 bids]
55m 28s
Can't Get Indiana Off My Mind.... by The Original Sa... US $5.99 Buy It Now 56m 25s
George Jones Walls Can Fall/ You Must Have Walked Across My Mind Again 45 rpm EX US $1.99 [0 bids]
56m 31s
JOE COCKER I CAN STAND A LITTLE RAIN PROMO 45 US $2.99 [0 bids]
58m 1s
I Can't Give You Anything But Love by Judy Garland (CD, Jan-1996, 2 Discs,... US $2.97 [0 bids]
58m 2s
I can't Begin To Tell You - What Makes the Sunset Samm Kaye Victor 20-1720 US $2.97 [0 bids]
58m 2s
We Can't Make It Lighting A Fire That You Can't Put Out Patti Hendrix Hilltak US $2.97 [0 bids]
58m 2s
Sensuous Woman - How Come I Can't See You Stargard MCA MCA 40980 US $2.97 [0 bids]
58m 2s
You Can't Believe my Eyes - If I Can't Have You The High Hatters VICTOR VE 22190 US $2.97 [0 bids]
58m 2s
HI-GATE - I CAN HEAR VOICES/CANED AND UNABLE ENHANCED CD SINGLE US $3.30 Buy It Now 58m 13s
CAMEL/i can see your home/1979 uk import US $18.99 Buy It Now 58m 40s
STATUS QUO:IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT:(VERTIGO 1978) EX US $21.56 Buy It Now 58m 51s
Elvis Presley - I Just Can't Help Believin' 7" US $8.28 Buy It Now 59m 29s
The Geezinslaws Help, I'm White and I Can't Get Down/ You Belong To Me 45 rpm EX US $0.99 [0 bids]
59m 40s
It Can Happen to Anyone by Elisabeth Withers (CD, Jan-2007, Blue Note (Label)) US $10.95 Buy It Now 59m 46s
CAN YOU FEEL IT BY BRAUN,RICK (CD) US $21.99 Buy It Now 1h
YOU CAN DANCE BY LEARNING STATION (CD) US $18.23 Buy It Now 1h
YES WE CAN/NIGHT PEOPLE BY DORSEY,LEE (CD) US $25.74 Buy It Now 1h
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA " CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD / STRANGE MAGIC " JET 7" US $3.30 Buy It Now 1h
GERRY RAFFERTY~Can I Have My Money Back~LP~ORIG~SHRINK~NEAR~MINT US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h
Sammy Hagar "VOA" Cassette 1984 Reissue - "I Can't Drive 55" "Two Sides of Love" US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
We Can Get There [Maxi Single] by Mary Griffin (CD, Jun-1999, Atlantic (Label)) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Elisa Fiorillo: How Can I Forget About You 12" VG++/NM USA Chrysalis 4V9 43196 US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
CATCH US IF YOU CAN / MOVE ON 1965 THE DAVE CLARK FIVE COLUMBIA DB 7625 US $1.64 [0 bids]
LIONEL RICHIE - Say You, Say Me / Can't Slow Down - 45 RPM US $1.25 [0 bids]
DEBBIE HARRY Blondie 1993 CD Single I CAN SEE CLEARLY Pt2 NearMINT US $5.79 Buy It Now 1h 5m
ANNA can you love ITALO DISCO 12" LISTEN !! US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
GENESIS-WE CAN'T DANCE-USA CD-ATLANTIC FIRST PRESS-No IFPI US $5.99 [0 bids]
CHEAP TRICK UK 1990 CD Single CAN'T STOP FALLIN' INTO LOVE US $4.56 Buy It Now 1h 5m
THE DEALERS "LOVE MAKER" / "I CAN FEEL LOVE COMIN' ON" US $5.99 [0 bids]
Can't Stand the Rezillos: The (Almost) Complete Rezillos by The Rezillos (CD,... US $9.99 [0 bids]
Larry Green - 78 rpm - "Beg Your Pardon" / "Can It Ever Be The Same?" - RCA 2647 US $9.14 [0 bids]
Ken Griffin - 78 rpm- "You Can't Be True, Dear" [instrumental] / "Cuckoo Waltz" US $8.22 [0 bids]
The Marlin Sisters / Eddie Fisher - 78 - "You Can't Be True, Dear" / "Toolie..." US $8.22 [0 bids]
The Sportsmen - 78 rpm - "Toolie Oolie Doolie" / "You Can't Be True, Dear" US $8.22 [0 bids]
Scarce 45 Panther City Pickers How Can I Lose / Dream Away Fort Worth Nashville US $7.95 Buy It Now 1h 7m
78 RPM RECORD/3A) DICK HAYMES / YOU CAN'T BE TRUE, DEAR US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yngwie Malmsteen / I Can't Wait JAPAN *J US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
LADIES FIRST I CAN'T WAIT ( 2002 CD SINGLE NEW ) US $8.28 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Cheap Trick Can't Stop Fallin' Into Love Single US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
LESS COMMON PSYCHE 45/VACELS on KAMA SUTRA: Can you please crawl out your window US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
FERRANTE & CO CAN YOU FEEL IT 12" + PS ITALO HOUSE US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Steel Panther - All You Can Eat 180g Vinyl LP Record + Download NEW 2014 US $21.89 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Judy Boucher - Can't Be With You Tonight 7" US $6.64 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Piper: Self Titled, Can't Wait. Vinyl LP's "Lot of 2" (Billy Squire) US $10.00 [0 bids]
Christine Lavin Signed record Album Good Thing He Can't read My Mind w/COA US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
GERRY MULLIGAN If You Can't Beat 'em Join 'em LIMELIGHT NM/NM- US $14.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m
45 RPM, #808, 50's Vocal Group, Del Vikings, Can't Wait, BW/ Voodoo Man, US $5.49 Buy It Now 1h 19m
The Real Thing(7" Vinyl P/S)Can't Get By Without You-PRT-7P 352-UK-Ex/Ex US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
R. Kelly, I Believe I Can Fly CD US $1.99 [0 bids]
Bucks Fizz(7" Vinyl P/S)If You Can't Stand The Heat-RCA-RCA 300-UK-Ex/VG US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Real Thing(7" Vinyl P/S)Can You Feel The Force-Pye-7N 46147-UK-VG/VG US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Rubettes(7" Vinyl P/S)I Can Do It-State -STAT 1-UK-VG/VG+ US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Phil Collins(7" Vinyl P/S)You Can't Hurry Love-Virgin-VS 531-UK-Ex/VG+ US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
The English Beat I Just Can't Stop It IRS SP70606 Stereo Ska Vinyl Record Album US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
VA- I Can See For Miles [CD] Lost Tracks from America's Psychedelic Underground US $9.30 Buy It Now 1h 21m
MONSTER FUNK* Real Thing - Can You Feel The Force? *ORIGINAL* Very Rare!! 1978 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
NY R&B GROUP Soul The Pageants BEACON 559 (( ? )) Show them you can dance US $29.99 [0 bids]
Red Foley LP 1960s We can never forget Red Foley US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Steve Goodman - Words We Can Dance To 1976 Asylum wlp vinyl US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Total Feat. Notorious BIG Can't You See- New Jersey Drive Vol. 1 US $15.99 [0 bids]
Yvonne Fair,You Can't Judge A Book By It's Cover.M-1344F.U.S. Motown 7" 45. US $6.56 Buy It Now 1h 23m
GO GO LORENZO ~ You Can Dance ~ 12" Single PS US $6.62 Buy It Now 1h 24m
SPIN DOCTORS UK 7" picture disc 45, LITTLE MISS CAN'T BE WRONG, numbered US $10.80 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Smash Mouth Why Can't We Be Friends CD Single DJ US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Sacrilege ratings distribution

CAN Sacrilege reviews

Review by Syzygy
2 stars Directly or indirectly, Can had a huge influence on a lot of artists working in the trance/techno scene, and Holger Czukay has collaborated with some of the more adventurous exponents of contemporary dance music, so the idea of commissioning remixes of Can classics probably seemed logical at the time. Sadly, the results work neither as re interpretations nor as pieces of dance music in their own right. Brian Eno was moved to comment that there seemed to be little point doing remixes when the originals were so good, which says it all really.

Send comments to Syzygy (BETA) | Report this review (#23327) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 04, 2005

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars Ok, it's going to be hard to defend why on earth I have given this 4 stars. I haven't even given that to much Can albums. But one doesn't get too many chances to review a techno album on PA so I thought I'd go for the opportunity, especially when it's contains so much goodies like this one.

First of all, this whole album has got nothing to do with the original Can songs in the track list. So if you though 'remix' meant a bit of equalizing left and right then you have entirely wrong expectations. This album is called 'sacrilege' and there is a good reason why. You will hardly recognize any your favourite Can tunes. Few of the remixes use actual melodies or rhythms from the Can songs, the only thing that is vaguely recognizable is some of the sounds used.

This tribute is nevertheless soaked with the real Can adagio: first take everything apart and then construct an entirely new thing from the remaining carcass. While not all pieces work, most do. The dynamic rhythms and richly textured Can samples seem to be perfect material for a fine album in the typical 90-ties alternative techno styles.

A couple of samples.

Pnoom, by Eno. He thought there was little for him to improve on the original Can songs so he chose this little ditty. While there is some truth in what he says, he had better stayed away from this project altogether as he clearly didn't get the idea of the sacrilege idea. His Pnoom is exactly like the original.

Spoon, by Sonic Youth. This song sounds as if it was written for them of course. They stick to the original but add some of their typical guitar textures in the second half.

Tango Whiskeyman, by a Guy Called Gerald. A great remix this one, pure drum & bass techno all the way with some sampled parts of Can's original song. It makes for a chillingly claustrophobic and restless atmosphere.

Vitamin C, by U.N.K.L.E. This one uses the original Can-beat but brings it more to the front and greatly improved the sound.

Future Days, by Carl Craig. A dub groove dominates this one. Lush synths and hazy vocals whispering "Future Days" turn it into almost catchy tune. An improvement over the original.

Father Cannot Yell, by Pete Shelley (yes that guy from the Buzzcocks). Pure drum & bass techno again with nothing reminding me of the original song but this remix is simply ominous. One of the best things I've ever heard in the genre, very dynamic and heavy. Deep trance alert!

Yoo Doo Right, 3P mix. Charming little remix, it got a trip-hop beat and a layer of strings for accompaniment. With Malcolm Mooney's sampled vocals on top, it's almost become a pop song, not dissimilar from early No-man stuff. Great tune.

Flow Motion, by Air Liquide. Another one which bears no trace of the original but with a fittingly funky-industrial kind of beat. The samples used from the song add to the alienating industrial feel.

Oh Yeah, by Kris Needs. A bit of a lengthy dub mix here but still with a nice gloomy mood and a groovy pace.

This album stands as a fine example how experimental rock can transform into something entirely the opposite: a dance album, and one very much to my liking. I wouldn't recommended it to Can fans though, this album is rather meant to introduce fans of the featured artists to the strange world of Can. And it worked for me! Been a Can-fan ever since.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#284292) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 31, 2010

4 stars Seem like a few people here don't like this album, which is a shame as it's actually very good. Brian Eno's re-edit of Pnoom is a funny little track that will catcht the attention of anyone - ideal for introducing newcomers to the wonderful world of The Can. Then Sonic Youth slow down and noise u ... (read more)

Report this review (#41047) | Posted by | Sunday, July 31, 2005 | Review Permanlink

1 stars No. The idea of re-working another artist's work is to, um, re-work it. These tracks all suck because all that's happened is that the "remixer" has sampled the original track. The way in which CAN and Holger Czukay worked makes it impossible for the original master tapes to be used for remixing p ... (read more)

Report this review (#35287) | Posted by | Sunday, June 05, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Sacrilege"