SACRILEGE

CD 1
1. Pnoom
2. Spoon
3. Vitamin C
4. Blue Bag (Inside Paper)
5. T V Spot

8. Oh Yeah

Search CAN Sacrilege lyrics

Search CAN Sacrilege tabs

1997 LP Mute 69033

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Sacrilege Music

Tago MagoTago Mago
Mute U.S. 2008
Ege BamyasiEge Bamyasi
Mute U.S. 2008
Gene Chandler-Tell Me What I Can Do- Northern Soul 45! US $19.99 Buy It Now 29m 39s
CD YOLANDA ADAMS &LEVERT I BELIEVE I CAN FLY ~RARE/MINT US $9.99 Buy It Now 29m 40s
Ted Nugent - If You Can't Lick 'Em - Lick 'Em Cassette Tape - Hard Rock US $2.99 Buy It Now 30m 54s
Rolling Stones - I Can't Get No Satisfaction - London L.9766 Canada 7" 45 US $8.00 Buy It Now 31m 11s
BOBBY HARRIS - WE CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'R GONE / MORE OF THE JERK - ATLANTIC 1965 45 US $15.00 [0 bids]
32m 23s
HOLLIES Do The Best You Can 1968 flop EPIC PROMOTIONAL COPY 45 US $20.00 [0 bids]
32m 36s
northern soul ARTHUR ADAMS Can't Wait To See You CHISA M- DJ listen!! US $25.00 Buy It Now 32m 49s
Chris Christian LOVE THEM WHILE WE CAN / MIRROR HEART US $32.99 Buy It Now 33m 20s
THE BEATLES LICENSE PLATE FRAME BABY U CAN DRIVE MY CAR US $5.25 [1 bids]
34m 17s
Can Joann : Hurt People Hurt People CD (2006) US $6.69 Buy It Now 34m 38s
Adam Wade I Can't Help IT/I Had The Craziest 45 RPM US $7.00 Buy It Now 35m 21s
CARL ANDERSON: CAN'T STOP THIS FEELING, 12" DEMO, NM VINYL US $1.00 Buy It Now 36m 9s
ERAMUS HALL: I CAN'T KEEP MY HEAD, 12" SINGLE, NM VINYL US $1.00 Buy It Now 36m 9s
IRON MAIDEN can i play -Textile Fabric Poster Flag-75cm x 110cm-Brand New US $14.87 Buy It Now 36m 23s
Galaxy Express 999 Can You Live Like Warrior 2LP Obi Japan Anime Leiji Matsumoto US $32.50 Buy It Now 36m 47s
Tinnitus- Shape Shifter / I Can Eat Monsters Too 12" US $10.56 Buy It Now 36m 55s
Phil Collins You Can't Hurry Love / Hello, I Must Be Going Promo EP US $6.99 Buy It Now 37m 13s
RARE REGGAE SOUL 45 rpm DOUGLAS McSWEENEY on BEL CAN lb SWEET REGGAE MUSIC Mint- US $6.95 Buy It Now 37m 18s
2PAC (Tupac) only god can judge -Textile Fabric Poster Flag-75cm x 110cm-Brand N US $14.87 Buy It Now 37m 18s
JOHN HAMMOND I Can Tell 1967 LP Blues MONO WLP PROMO US $24.99 [0 bids]
37m 20s
DEBORAH COLEMAN - I CAN'T LOSE NEW CD US $23.07 Buy It Now 38m 51s
Panic! At The Disco: A Fever You Can't Sweat Out 2005 Fueled By Ramen Rock CD US $2.99 [0 bids]
39m 4s
GIRLS CAN'T HELP IT: PURE WILD, 12" MINI LP, NM VINYL US $1.00 Buy It Now 39m 36s
ANGELA BOFILL: CAN'T SLOW DOWN, 12" PROMO, NM VINYL US $1.00 Buy It Now 39m 36s
Unknown Artist Spilled Drinks Can Lead To Chaos And Mas CD US $5.00 Buy It Now 40m 38s
Eddie Money "Can't Hold Back" Cassette Tape US $7.99 [0 bids]
41m 3s
CAN SAW DELIGHT LP '77 german prog czukay leibzeit riechmann kraut uk press rare US $89.00 Buy It Now 41m 25s
Albert Collins Love Can Be Found Anywhere Blues LP Imperial Piranha Records US $15.00 Buy It Now 41m 31s
Frisco Kid "Can't Stop Jah Rain" and Version 1995 Cell Block 321 Records Import US $1.99 [1 bids]
41m 37s
ERIC BURDON AND WAR 7" PS Japan THEY CAN'T TAKE AWAY OUR MUSIC s1818 US $15.80 Buy It Now 41m 37s
ARCHIE BELL AND THE DRELLS-NM Vinyl 45(1968)-I Can't Stop Dancing/You're Such A US $5.50 Buy It Now 42m 8s
Telepopmusik "Breathe/Love Can Damage Your Health" Orig. 12" Single LP US $8.03 Buy It Now 42m 36s
REBECCA HALL: WHO SAYS GIRLS CAN'T ROCK 'N ROLL, 12" PROMO, MINT VINYL US $1.00 Buy It Now 42m 54s
We Can't Dance by Genesis CD w Album Art/Insert Good Condition US $0.47 [0 bids]
43m 16s
ORIGINALS I LIKE YOUR STYLE/WE CAN MAKE IT BABY 45 RPM US $3.98 Buy It Now 43m 33s
SMALL FACES: My Mind's Eye / I Can't Dance With You 45 (rare stock 45, faint w US $35.00 Buy It Now 43m 37s
THE BEST OF TONY BOTTONI LIVE CD - YOU CAN'T FIND THIS CD ANYWHERE ELSE ON EBAY! US $5.00 [0 bids]
44m 13s
unconditional love / i can talk to you new grass revival 45 record US $3.99 Buy It Now 44m 28s
FRANK ZAPPA - YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON STAGE ANYMORE, VOL. 5 - NEW CD BOXSET US $12.69 Buy It Now 45m 3s
DJ Ty We Can Fly CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 45m 20s
MARK SPIRO: (HOW CAN YOU LOVE) IN STEREO, 12" PROMO, NM VINYL US $1.00 Buy It Now 46m 7s
Bon Jovi Because We Can Japan 1 Track PROMO DJ CD RARE!!! US $24.00 Buy It Now 47m 3s
Vintage Couplings, Young Doves Calling & I Can See, 45 rpm Record US $1.99 [0 bids]
47m 7s
ELISA 7" PS JAPAN HOW CAN I FORGET YOU color vinyl ,w/pinup J819 US $12.00 Buy It Now 47m 10s
Vinyl Record Album TENNESSEE ERNIE FORD "I Can't Help It If I'm Still.." LP-Used US $3.99 Buy It Now 48m 3s
LOU REED SALLY CAN'T DANCE ORIGINAL RECORD ALBUM VELVET UNDERGROUND 11/13 US $14.99 Buy It Now 48m 27s
Little Richard - All Around The World / The Girl Can't Help It 7" 591 US $3.00 [1 bids]
48m 53s
VG++ WILLIE NELSON NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT NOW/IF I WERE A PAINTING 1989 45RPM US $3.98 Buy It Now 48m 57s
Sylvers 45 Cotton Candy / I Can Be For Real rpm record 7" vinyl US $2.50 Buy It Now 50m
Steely Dan - Can't Buy A Thrill RARE Germany for US pressing MCA 01 Matrix US $27.96 Buy It Now 51m 18s
Can't Stop The Rock sampler 1999 CD, Jebediah, Violetine, Reef, Creed, Sunk Loto US $18.65 Buy It Now 51m 48s
Captain Barkey "Can't Fool Youths" and Version Burro International Records Imp. US $1.99 [0 bids]
52m 45s
NEIL YOUNG 7'' WHEN YOU DANCE I CAN REALLY LOVE YOU DEMO 1971 REPRISE US $8.13 [3 bids]
53m 9s
VG++ NU GIRLS CAN WE TALK ABOUT IT? 1989 45 RPM ATLANTIC 7-88968 PROMO COPY US $4.98 Buy It Now 55m 25s
RARE! Queen Latifah Rough b/w I Can't Understand ACETATE Dubplate OG 94 1228-1A US $134.99 Buy It Now 55m 43s
Women Can Have It by Eve Gallagher (ADVANCE CD, 1995, More Protein) ?? EU Import US $5.95 Buy It Now 55m 45s
Delton Schreechie * Ghetto Star * Come Again * Why Can't I Touch You? * 45 * LP US $19.95 Buy It Now 57m 26s
Factory Sealed WAYNE NEWTON Can't You Hear The Song? 1972 CHELSEA POP LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
57m 46s
I Can't Lose by Deborah Coleman (CD, Feb-1997, Blind Pig) US $12.18 Buy It Now 58m 37s
1970 ELVIN BISHOP GROUP I Just Can't Go On promo 45 US $4.99 Buy It Now 59m 13s
Mystic Shake Shake Your Can CD US $4.43 Buy It Now 59m 24s
Kim Walling Beyond What I Can See CD US $5.36 Buy It Now 1h
ALQUIN Nobody Can Wait Forever 1975 RCA DUTCH Prog Rock LP US PRESS US $7.99 [0 bids]
1h
God Can Make A Way - The Howard University Gospel Choir/Black Gospel Private EX US $63.75 Buy It Now 1h
God of Every Story LAURA STORY: I Can Just Be Me, Love of God, Who is Like Our US $7.99 [0 bids]
John Leguizamo * Live CD * Mint Cond * Can A Girl Be A Bastard? Dead Santa US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
The McCoys Hang On Sloopy/ I Can't Explain It 45 white sleeve US $12.50 Buy It Now 1h 5m
SILVER PLATINUM MODERN SOUL BOOGIE 45 "YOU CAN'T SEE IT" SRI ~ MIAMI ~ "HEAR" US $9.99 [0 bids]
SMUBBS It Can't Be Too Late / Her Love 1968 psych bubblegum DJ promo 7" VG+ US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 5m
RUBETTES I CAN DO IT/IF YOU'VE GOT THE TIME 45 POLYDOR US $4.98 Buy It Now 1h 5m
33 RPM RECORD. ALBUM. PLAY, GUTAR, PLAY BY CONWAY TWITTY INCLUDES I CAN'T BELIEV US $13.28 [0 bids]
STAR WARS CHOIR: WHAT CAN YOU GET A WOOKIEE FOR CHRISTMAS 1980 VG US $9.38 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Silk S/T CD (1995) Hooked On You. Don't Rush. I Can Go Deep. 61849-2. US $3.00 [0 bids]
Gloria Gaynor : Never Can Say Goodbye CD (2005) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 10m
1A CD ALBUM.NEW NOT SEALED.THE MUSIC MEN.WHAT CAN YOU PLAY..D24028 US $10.21 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Black by Demand 12 can't get enough/all rappers give up US $7.79 Buy It Now 1h 11m
GALE EASON I can see the Hurt 1974 NM dj PROMO Epic 5-11124 classic soul LISTEN US $17.50 Buy It Now 1h 13m
RARE Country 45 - Donna Blankenship - I'm Gonna Love You So ... / Life Can Go On US $4.85 [0 bids]
CLYDE AND JOE SUMMER FEVER/ CAN'T GET ENOUGH 45 VINYL VASSAR US $17.85 Buy It Now 1h 14m
RARE SOUL THE DESTINATIONS I CAN'T LEAVE YOU/ ANDO'S THEME 45 VINYL ANDO US $65.00 Buy It Now 1h 14m
The Fairer Sex Two Can Win CD US $4.65 Buy It Now 1h 14m
LED ZEPPELIN Immigrant Song/Hey,Hey,What Can I Do Japanese Picture Sleeve 45 US $7.99 [1 bids]
DISCO 45 Bonnie Pointer - I Can't Help Myself Motown NM 1979 US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 15m
LUTHER VANDROSS a kiss for christmas / i can make it better NEW OLD STOCK 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
JANIS JOPLIN get it while you can / me and bobby mcgee used vinyl 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
ONE WAY can't get enough of your love / lady you are MCA NEW OLD STOCK 45 US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 15m
PAUL WESTON nice work if you can get it / chance at love columbia NEW 45 US $24.00 Buy It Now 1h 15m
TOBY KEITH nights i can't remember friends i can't forget/whiskey girl 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
BONNIE RAITT i can't help you now / gnawin on it CAPITOL NEW OLD STOCK 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
SAMMY KERSHAW what might have been / i can't reach her anymore MERCURY NEW 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
TOM JOHNSTON Reachin' Out For Lovin' From You / I Can Count On You WB used 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
JONI JAMES how important can it be / this is my confession used vinyl 45 US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 15m
BONNIE GUITAR ramblin man / you can steal me 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
FIRST CHOICE Breakaway/ I Can Show You.. 12" DISCO GOLD MIND GG 504 US $8.00 [0 bids]
TEMPTATIONS Standing on the Top/ BETTYE L'AVETTE I Can't Stop 12" PROMO PR-96 US $8.00 [0 bids]
GENERAL JOHNSON Can't Nobody Love Me Like You Do PROMO 12" DISCO ARISTA SP-27 US $8.00 [0 bids]
C$ MONEY & D.J. CHASE Ladies Can I Have Your Attention 12" TRUMPET TR-179 US $89.99 [0 bids]
The Zutons - You Can Do Anything IMPORT CD RARE US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
THE MAD LADS I WANT SOMEONE/ NOTHING CAN BREAK THROUGH 45 VINYL VOLT US $0.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Shining Hours in a Can by East River Pipe (CD, Jul-1995, Ajax Records) Ajax 041 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Sacrilege ratings distribution

CAN Sacrilege reviews

Review by Syzygy
2 stars Directly or indirectly, Can had a huge influence on a lot of artists working in the trance/techno scene, and Holger Czukay has collaborated with some of the more adventurous exponents of contemporary dance music, so the idea of commissioning remixes of Can classics probably seemed logical at the time. Sadly, the results work neither as re interpretations nor as pieces of dance music in their own right. Brian Eno was moved to comment that there seemed to be little point doing remixes when the originals were so good, which says it all really.

Send comments to Syzygy (BETA) | Report this review (#23327) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 04, 2005

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars Ok, it's going to be hard to defend why on earth I have given this 4 stars. I haven't even given that to much Can albums. But one doesn't get too many chances to review a techno album on PA so I thought I'd go for the opportunity, especially when it's contains so much goodies like this one.

First of all, this whole album has got nothing to do with the original Can songs in the track list. So if you though 'remix' meant a bit of equalizing left and right then you have entirely wrong expectations. This album is called 'sacrilege' and there is a good reason why. You will hardly recognize any your favourite Can tunes. Few of the remixes use actual melodies or rhythms from the Can songs, the only thing that is vaguely recognizable is some of the sounds used.

This tribute is nevertheless soaked with the real Can adagio: first take everything apart and then construct an entirely new thing from the remaining carcass. While not all pieces work, most do. The dynamic rhythms and richly textured Can samples seem to be perfect material for a fine album in the typical 90-ties alternative techno styles.

A couple of samples.

Pnoom, by Eno. He thought there was little for him to improve on the original Can songs so he chose this little ditty. While there is some truth in what he says, he had better stayed away from this project altogether as he clearly didn't get the idea of the sacrilege idea. His Pnoom is exactly like the original.

Spoon, by Sonic Youth. This song sounds as if it was written for them of course. They stick to the original but add some of their typical guitar textures in the second half.

Tango Whiskeyman, by a Guy Called Gerald. A great remix this one, pure drum & bass techno all the way with some sampled parts of Can's original song. It makes for a chillingly claustrophobic and restless atmosphere.

Vitamin C, by U.N.K.L.E. This one uses the original Can-beat but brings it more to the front and greatly improved the sound.

Future Days, by Carl Craig. A dub groove dominates this one. Lush synths and hazy vocals whispering "Future Days" turn it into almost catchy tune. An improvement over the original.

Father Cannot Yell, by Pete Shelley (yes that guy from the Buzzcocks). Pure drum & bass techno again with nothing reminding me of the original song but this remix is simply ominous. One of the best things I've ever heard in the genre, very dynamic and heavy. Deep trance alert!

Yoo Doo Right, 3P mix. Charming little remix, it got a trip-hop beat and a layer of strings for accompaniment. With Malcolm Mooney's sampled vocals on top, it's almost become a pop song, not dissimilar from early No-man stuff. Great tune.

Flow Motion, by Air Liquide. Another one which bears no trace of the original but with a fittingly funky-industrial kind of beat. The samples used from the song add to the alienating industrial feel.

Oh Yeah, by Kris Needs. A bit of a lengthy dub mix here but still with a nice gloomy mood and a groovy pace.

This album stands as a fine example how experimental rock can transform into something entirely the opposite: a dance album, and one very much to my liking. I wouldn't recommended it to Can fans though, this album is rather meant to introduce fans of the featured artists to the strange world of Can. And it worked for me! Been a Can-fan ever since.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#284292) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 31, 2010

4 stars Seem like a few people here don't like this album, which is a shame as it's actually very good. Brian Eno's re-edit of Pnoom is a funny little track that will catcht the attention of anyone - ideal for introducing newcomers to the wonderful world of The Can. Then Sonic Youth slow down and noise u ... (read more)

Report this review (#41047) | Posted by | Sunday, July 31, 2005 | Review Permanlink

1 stars No. The idea of re-working another artist's work is to, um, re-work it. These tracks all suck because all that's happened is that the "remixer" has sampled the original track. The way in which CAN and Holger Czukay worked makes it impossible for the original master tapes to be used for remixing p ... (read more)

Report this review (#35287) | Posted by | Sunday, June 05, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Sacrilege"