SACRILEGE

CD 1
1. Pnoom
2. Spoon
3. Vitamin C
4. Blue Bag (Inside Paper)
5. T V Spot

8. Oh Yeah

Search CAN Sacrilege lyrics

Search CAN Sacrilege tabs

1997 LP Mute 69033

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Sacrilege Music

Can Vinyl BoxCan Vinyl Box
Box set
Mute 2013
Vinyl$470.33
JEFF STEINBERG LP The Glove 198? {Pinebrook} vg++ I Can Do All Things~Praise Him US $6.71 Buy It Now 30m
SESSION VICTIM - Can't Help It - 12" US $16.88 Buy It Now 30m 29s
WIZZARD (ROY WOOD)-RATTELSNAKE ROLL/CAN'T HELP MY FEELINGS JET 758 UK NM 45 US $7.48 Buy It Now 30m 41s
HEAR! Soul Funk Promo 45 FREE MOVEMENT I Can't Move No Mountains on Columbia (Pr US $15.00 Buy It Now 31m 3s
HEAR! Modern Soul Promo 45 NATURE'S DIVINE I Just Can't Control Myself on Infini US $15.00 Buy It Now 31m 3s
HEAR! Northern Soul Promo 45 PAUL ANKA Can't Get You Out Of My Mind on RCA (Prom US $15.00 Buy It Now 31m 3s
PETER BROWN DRIVE 12" 'CAN'T BE LOVE' VG++ US $0.99 Buy It Now 31m 3s
ERIC MORRIS 7'' MONEY CAN'T BUY LIFE BLUE BEAT SKINHEAD REGGAE US $6.51 [0 bids]
31m 9s
Aeroplane - We Can`t Fly (NEW CD) US $15.07 Buy It Now 31m 22s
GARDNER, Avia - More Than Tongue Can Tell - CD US $18.33 Buy It Now 32m 7s
Grin "If I Were a Song/See What a Love Can Do" 45 PROMO US $4.95 [0 bids]
32m 51s
DAVE BERRY CAN I GET IT FROM YOU/I SONT WANT TO GO ON DUTCH PICTURE SL. DECCA US $14.99 Buy It Now 33m 17s
Rose Colored Glass - Can't Find The Time / Mystic Touch 45 Vg Bang Soul US $5.00 Buy It Now 33m 17s
ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN SEE FOREVER - STREISAND / MONTAND [LP vinyl CBS S30086] US $4.99 Buy It Now 33m 39s
Artie Shaw I Can't Get Started LP Japanese MV2559 OBI MONO US $15.00 Buy It Now 33m 52s
Eric Clapton - See What Love can Do / Bw Same12 " promo US $6.99 Buy It Now 34m 5s
The Beatles Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That Green Vinyl 45 Capitol US $8.00 [0 bids]
34m 8s
PAT LEWIS Can't Shake It Loose NORTHERN SOUL 45 on GOLDEN WORLD US $7.99 [0 bids]
34m 10s
Rod Stewart 45 My Heart Can't Tell You No / The Wild Horse US $1.50 Buy It Now 34m 41s
BARBARA MERCER-HEY!! /CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU BABY-NORTHERN 45 on GOLDEN WORLD US $8.00 [0 bids]
35m 20s
Eric Clapton - See What Love can Do / Bw Same12 " promo US $6.99 Buy It Now 37m 18s
MISTER O feat PAUL DESMOND/SCOTT WOZNIAK/DJ MEME - I Can Feel The Love - CD US $10.99 Buy It Now 37m 55s
MEN AT WORK-WHO CAN IT BE NOW? B/W-ANYONE FOR TENNIS VG US $2.00 Buy It Now 38m 3s
BEATMASTERS feat BETTY BOO UK 1989 CD Single HEY DJ / I CAN'T DANCE NearMINT US $8.14 Buy It Now 38m 56s
P!NK - CAN'T TAKE ME HOME [888837163729] - NEW CD US $5.98 Buy It Now 39m 9s
PAUL SIMON YOU CAN ME AL PS 45 1987 US $0.82 [1 bids]
39m 57s
Maxine Singleton-You can't run from love-1982 7" single US $8.14 Buy It Now 40m 20s
1970 Merle Haggard 45 Sidewalks Of Chicago / I Can't Be Myself US $2.00 [0 bids]
40m 41s
GM AUCTIONS ***SCARCE! I Can't Make You Love Me PROMO CD*** GEORGE MICHAEL WHAM US $19.57 Buy It Now 40m 57s
BETTY EVERETT-I CAN'T SAY /MY BABY LOVING MY BEST FRIEND-NORTHERN 45 on ABC US $8.00 [0 bids]
41m 20s
Steel Panther - All You Can Eat 180g Vinyl LP Record + Download NEW 2014 US $21.89 Buy It Now 42m 6s
Vintage Conway Twitty vinyl record "How Much More Can She Stand" 1971 US $7.95 [0 bids]
42m 14s
Arli - Can't Live Without You - BEST RECORDS ORIGINAL PRESSING - FREESTYLE US $9.99 Buy It Now 42m 42s
Baccara CD Yes Sir I Can Boogie Greatest Hits US $5.71 [0 bids]
43m 20s
Path Of Resistance - Can't Stop The Truth (CD 2006) US $7.30 Buy It Now 43m 31s
FRED ZIWICH "What a Little Polka Can Do" SLOVENIAN CD US $10.99 Buy It Now 43m 42s
BOBBY BLAND-HONEY CHILD / AIN'T NOTHING YOU CAN DO-DEEP NORTHERN 45 on DUKE US $8.00 [0 bids]
43m 58s
Gino Telli You Can't Lose The Blues With Color NM/Loving Baby Pop 45 US $4.99 Buy It Now 45m 4s
45 RPM RECORD/10) BARRY MANILOW/ CAN'T SMILE WITHOUT YO US $2.00 Buy It Now 45m 54s
MIGUEL BOSE "Un momento per me" SASHA "We can" RARE 7"ITALY PROMO for JB+STRIP!! US $27.99 Buy It Now 46m 8s
NARDO RANKS Can't Do The Time 1993 Sir Bigs roots reggae DJ dancehall US $3.50 [0 bids]
46m 11s
BILLY BUTLER & THE CHANTERS-I CAN'T WORK NO LONGER /TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY-NORT US $8.00 [0 bids]
46m 20s
SUZI QUATRO CAN THE CAN 45 1973 US $0.82 [1 bids]
48m 14s
Al Hudson & The Partners funk modern soul 12" You Can Do It VG++ 1979 orig MCA US $19.99 Buy It Now 48m 45s
78RPM Decca 3127 Terry Shand, Pretty Baby, I Can't Love You Anymore V- US $7.95 Buy It Now 48m 59s
HERALD girl group soul 45 PATTY & EMBLEMS - You Can't Get Away + And We Danced US $4.00 [0 bids]
49m 6s
TANSADS UK 1995 CD Single I KNOW I CAN BUT I WON'T MINT US $4.49 Buy It Now 49m 15s
TRASH CAN SINATRAS Rare UK 1996 CD Single TO SIR WITH LOVE MINT US $14.66 Buy It Now 49m 15s
CAN "Limited Edition" United Artists #USP 103 (Manufactured in England)1974/Mint US $49.99 Buy It Now 49m 21s
We Can Believe by Jeff Farnsworth US $14.00 Buy It Now 49m 24s
ALBERT COLLINS - Love Can Be Found Anywhere LP '68 Imperial Stereo US $24.50 Buy It Now 49m 29s
UB40 UK 1993 CD Single I CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE US $4.06 Buy It Now 49m 49s
Underground Records 45 : The Beach Boys Good Vibrations - I Can Hear The Music US $3.99 [0 bids]
49m 51s
NEW - Now We Can See by The Thermals US $8.95 Buy It Now 49m 59s
THE BEATLES DAY TRIPPER/WE CAN WORK IT OUT 45 PARLOPHONE 1ST PRESSING 1965 US $2.28 [3 bids]
50m 9s
RED BIRD 60s rock 45 JEFF BARRY - I'll Still Love You + Our Love Can Be Saved US $3.00 [1 bids]
50m 14s
THE WHISPERS-A MOTHER FOR MY CHILDREN /WHAT MORE CAN A GIRL ASK FOR-NORTHERN 45 US $8.00 [0 bids]
50m 58s
UB40 - (I Can't Help) Falling In Love With You US $1.61 [0 bids]
52m 37s
Blues 45 JIMMY REED Where Can You Be VEE JAY HEAR US $8.00 [0 bids]
53m 14s
PETE PIKE -4 Star- I Can See an Angel - HILLBILLY DJ 78 US $14.00 Buy It Now 54m 37s
DJ SNEAK - U CAN'T HIDE FROM YOUR BUD (DEFIANT - DEF-973) 1997 HOUSE CLASSIC! US $4.88 [0 bids]
54m 38s
TIMMY SHAW /& LITTLE MELVIN-GET TO STEPPING /CAN'T WE MAKE THIS LOVE LAST - WHIT US $8.00 [0 bids]
54m 58s
TEMPTATIONS/I CAN'T GET NEXT TO YOU/PSYCHEDELIC SHACK/NEW OLD 45 FREE SHIPPING US $7.50 [0 bids]
55m 8s
HI-LO's - NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT (CD 1996) 18 TRACKS VARESE VINTAGE US $7.99 [0 bids]
55m 41s
Trash - I Can't Get The One (I Want...) WL Promo 12" ST-PR-47757-SP (Rock LP) US $6.95 Buy It Now 55m 45s
Ken Griffin, Jerry Wayne on 78 rpm Rondo R228: You Can't Be True, Dear US $6.49 Buy It Now 56m 9s
Ellen McIlwaine Polydor 14131 Can't Find My Way Home Mono/Stereo DJ COPY US $4.50 Buy It Now 56m 40s
GEORGE JONES: What My Woman Can't Do/My Loving Wife US $8.00 Buy It Now 56m 45s
Bill Wimberly You Can't Lean On Me NM/At The Old Town Hall NM 1956 Country 45 US $4.99 Buy It Now 56m 48s
THE McCOYS:HANG ON SLOOPY/I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT:EX+ US $21.19 Buy It Now 57m 27s
Chuck Daylighters "Bottomless pit - I can't" Northern Soul Tip Top Records 45 US $22.00 Buy It Now 57m 36s
Can't Slow Down, Lionel Richie, Acceptable US $7.19 Buy It Now 57m 45s
Rare GERMAN PRESSED World Music LP AUDREY MOTAUNG Colours Can't Clash FOLK US $8.14 [0 bids]
58m 8s
MERRELL & EXILES can't we get along 45 GOLDEN CROWN --- teen garage --- LISTEN US $9.99 [0 bids]
58m 35s
Timmy Thomas:"Why Can't We Live Together" on Dutch Polydor from 1972 US $2.00 [0 bids]
58m 36s
ALBERT COLLINS Love Can Be Found Anywhere IMPERIAL LP-12428 Stereo NM! Shrink US $33.99 Buy It Now 59m 25s
45rpm DION & THE BELMONTS I Can't Go On (Rosalie)/No One Knows LAURIE 3015 US $9.99 Buy It Now 59m 25s
THE ASSOCIATES - Just Can't Say Goodbye - Deleted UK 7" US $8.14 Buy It Now 59m 52s
Phantom Band Freedom of Speech Sky065 CAN '81 orig NM kraut prog german rare! US $72.00 Buy It Now 1h
CAMEL - I Can See Your House From Here (CD 1990) 7th album w/ Kit Watkins US $9.99 [0 bids]
1h
Jon James & Trash Can Fantasy Danceband,CD,Jon James & the Trashcan Fantasy Danc US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h
THE IMPRESSIONS-CAN'T SATISFY /THIS MUST END-NORTHERN 45 on ABC US $8.00 [0 bids]
1h
Les Cooper & The Soulrockers: Garbage Can / Bossa Nova Dance 45 Everlast - Soul US $5.79 [0 bids]
Can't Take This Away (color) - Hold Tight! New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $20.41 Buy It Now 1h 2m
STEVIE NICKS I CAN'T WAIT MUSIC RECORD 12" SINGLE VINYL FLEETWOOD MAC PROMO COPY US $4.99 [0 bids]
DISCO.....LINDA CLFFORD....BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER...GREAT 1979...CAN HEAR US $0.99 [1 bids]
Life In a Tin Can, by the Bee Gees, CD Polydor, new sealed US $17.95 Buy It Now 1h 3m
ROGER DALTREY:CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE MOVIE-1987 LP - WHO US $4.50 Buy It Now 1h 3m
FOUR ACES You Can't Run Away From It / Written On The Wind 78 BRUNSWICK 05613 US $21.19 Buy It Now 1h 4m
LAST WORD rock 45 DON'T FIGHT IT / CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU~ATCO VG+ US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
JOSEPH HISLOP Turn Ye To Me / Of A' The Airts The Wind Can Blow 78 HMV B3155 US $21.19 Buy It Now 1h 4m
KEN GRIFFIN You Can't Be True Dear / The Cuckoo Waltz 78 BRUNSWICK 03968 US $21.19 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Don Henley - I Can't Stand Still - ** NEAR MINT CONDITION ** - Vinyl LP US $9.71 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Vintage Capitol Promotional Record 45 -Margaret Whiting- Can this be love /All t US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
MARILLION Cover My Eyes / How Can It Hurt / The Party 12" VINYL SINGLE + POSTER US $13.03 Buy It Now 1h 6m
HEINZ questions I can't answer 45 on TOWER --- garage psych rock --- LISTEN US $9.99 [1 bids]
MYRNA MARCH I can't say no 45 KAPP --- stripper shaker promo --- LISTEN US $9.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Sacrilege ratings distribution

CAN Sacrilege reviews

Review by Syzygy
2 stars Directly or indirectly, Can had a huge influence on a lot of artists working in the trance/techno scene, and Holger Czukay has collaborated with some of the more adventurous exponents of contemporary dance music, so the idea of commissioning remixes of Can classics probably seemed logical at the time. Sadly, the results work neither as re interpretations nor as pieces of dance music in their own right. Brian Eno was moved to comment that there seemed to be little point doing remixes when the originals were so good, which says it all really.

Send comments to Syzygy (BETA) | Report this review (#23327) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 04, 2005

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars Ok, it's going to be hard to defend why on earth I have given this 4 stars. I haven't even given that to much Can albums. But one doesn't get too many chances to review a techno album on PA so I thought I'd go for the opportunity, especially when it's contains so much goodies like this one.

First of all, this whole album has got nothing to do with the original Can songs in the track list. So if you though 'remix' meant a bit of equalizing left and right then you have entirely wrong expectations. This album is called 'sacrilege' and there is a good reason why. You will hardly recognize any your favourite Can tunes. Few of the remixes use actual melodies or rhythms from the Can songs, the only thing that is vaguely recognizable is some of the sounds used.

This tribute is nevertheless soaked with the real Can adagio: first take everything apart and then construct an entirely new thing from the remaining carcass. While not all pieces work, most do. The dynamic rhythms and richly textured Can samples seem to be perfect material for a fine album in the typical 90-ties alternative techno styles.

A couple of samples.

Pnoom, by Eno. He thought there was little for him to improve on the original Can songs so he chose this little ditty. While there is some truth in what he says, he had better stayed away from this project altogether as he clearly didn't get the idea of the sacrilege idea. His Pnoom is exactly like the original.

Spoon, by Sonic Youth. This song sounds as if it was written for them of course. They stick to the original but add some of their typical guitar textures in the second half.

Tango Whiskeyman, by a Guy Called Gerald. A great remix this one, pure drum & bass techno all the way with some sampled parts of Can's original song. It makes for a chillingly claustrophobic and restless atmosphere.

Vitamin C, by U.N.K.L.E. This one uses the original Can-beat but brings it more to the front and greatly improved the sound.

Future Days, by Carl Craig. A dub groove dominates this one. Lush synths and hazy vocals whispering "Future Days" turn it into almost catchy tune. An improvement over the original.

Father Cannot Yell, by Pete Shelley (yes that guy from the Buzzcocks). Pure drum & bass techno again with nothing reminding me of the original song but this remix is simply ominous. One of the best things I've ever heard in the genre, very dynamic and heavy. Deep trance alert!

Yoo Doo Right, 3P mix. Charming little remix, it got a trip-hop beat and a layer of strings for accompaniment. With Malcolm Mooney's sampled vocals on top, it's almost become a pop song, not dissimilar from early No-man stuff. Great tune.

Flow Motion, by Air Liquide. Another one which bears no trace of the original but with a fittingly funky-industrial kind of beat. The samples used from the song add to the alienating industrial feel.

Oh Yeah, by Kris Needs. A bit of a lengthy dub mix here but still with a nice gloomy mood and a groovy pace.

This album stands as a fine example how experimental rock can transform into something entirely the opposite: a dance album, and one very much to my liking. I wouldn't recommended it to Can fans though, this album is rather meant to introduce fans of the featured artists to the strange world of Can. And it worked for me! Been a Can-fan ever since.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#284292) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 31, 2010

4 stars Seem like a few people here don't like this album, which is a shame as it's actually very good. Brian Eno's re-edit of Pnoom is a funny little track that will catcht the attention of anyone - ideal for introducing newcomers to the wonderful world of The Can. Then Sonic Youth slow down and noise u ... (read more)

Report this review (#41047) | Posted by | Sunday, July 31, 2005 | Review Permanlink

1 stars No. The idea of re-working another artist's work is to, um, re-work it. These tracks all suck because all that's happened is that the "remixer" has sampled the original track. The way in which CAN and Holger Czukay worked makes it impossible for the original master tapes to be used for remixing p ... (read more)

Report this review (#35287) | Posted by | Sunday, June 05, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Sacrilege"