SACRILEGE

CD 1
1. Pnoom
2. Spoon
3. Vitamin C
4. Blue Bag (Inside Paper)
5. T V Spot

8. Oh Yeah

Search CAN Sacrilege lyrics

Search CAN Sacrilege tabs

1997 LP Mute 69033

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Sacrilege Music

Monster MovieMonster Movie
Mute 2014
Vinyl$17.48
Gary Puckett. I can`t hold on....45rpm. US $5.00 Buy It Now 29m 32s
Can't Get Indiana Off My Mind.... by The Original Sa... US $5.99 Buy It Now 30m 5s
CAMEL/i can see your home/1979 uk import US $18.99 Buy It Now 32m 20s
STATUS QUO:IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT:(VERTIGO 1978) EX US $20.95 Buy It Now 32m 31s
Elvis Presley - I Just Can't Help Believin' 7" US $8.05 Buy It Now 33m 9s
BILLY IDOL - CAN'T BREAK ME DOWN - NEW CD PROMO US $12.89 [0 bids]
33m 13s
CAN YOU FEEL IT BY BRAUN,RICK (CD) US $21.99 Buy It Now 33m 56s
It Can Happen to Anyone by Elisabeth Withers (CD, Jan-2007, Blue Note (Label)) US $10.95 Buy It Now 33m 59s
GERRY RAFFERTY~Can I Have My Money Back~LP~ORIG~SHRINK~NEAR~MINT US $6.95 Buy It Now 35m 8s
Still Can't Say Goodbye/Once in a While 0740155208738, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P US $21.49 Buy It Now 35m 43s
Elisa Fiorillo: How Can I Forget About You 12" VG++/NM USA Chrysalis 4V9 43196 US $2.99 Buy It Now 38m 12s
ANNA can you love ITALO DISCO 12" LISTEN !! US $8.99 Buy It Now 38m 54s
(EU179) Delorentos, You Can Make Sound - 2009 DJ CD US $9.84 Buy It Now 39m 2s
Vintage David Crosby Oh Yes I can 1989 77 US $7.99 Buy It Now 40m 1s
THE QUESTIONS CAN I BELIEVE / IF I HAD MY WAY PROMO 45 RPM RECORD US $2.99 Buy It Now 40m 43s
Disco Tex Pesents Cloudburst I Can Cast A Spell 12" Vinyl US $3.21 Buy It Now 40m 47s
Scarce 45 Panther City Pickers How Can I Lose / Dream Away Fort Worth Nashville US $7.95 Buy It Now 40m 55s
LADIES FIRST I CAN'T WAIT ( 2002 CD SINGLE NEW ) US $8.05 Buy It Now 41m 13s
Beatles A7 Notebook (We Can Work It Out) BRAND NEW US $4.82 [0 bids]
43m 3s
The Beatles Metal Fridge Magnet (We Can Work It Out / Day Tripper) Brand New US $4.02 [0 bids]
43m 3s
Cheap Trick Can't Stop Fallin' Into Love Single US $3.99 Buy It Now 43m 4s
Dani Siciliano - Why Can't I Make You High matthew herbert US $4.58 [0 bids]
43m 32s
FERRANTE & CO CAN YOU FEEL IT 12" + PS ITALO HOUSE US $15.00 Buy It Now 44m 42s
Judy Boucher - Can't Be With You Tonight 7" US $6.45 Buy It Now 46m 15s
AL HUDSON & THE PARTNERS - You Can Do It - Excellent Condition 7" Single MCA 511 US $6.44 Buy It Now 46m 17s
RON WOOD- Rolling Stones - "I CAN FEEL THE FIRE" - US 7" Promo Disc - EX US $7.98 [0 bids]
47m 38s
Christine Lavin Signed record Album Good Thing He Can't read My Mind w/COA US $19.99 Buy It Now 48m 20s
DJ Vadim - U Can't Lurn Imaginashun (2009) nearly new - classic Hip Hop CD US $12.10 Buy It Now 48m 51s
Celi Bee "Love Drops/Can't Let You Go" 12" Single US $4.95 [0 bids]
50m 43s
ROYAL HOUSE - CAN YOU PARTY LP US $32.25 [0 bids]
52m 27s
GERRY MULLIGAN If You Can't Beat 'em Join 'em LIMELIGHT NM/NM- US $14.00 Buy It Now 52m 28s
Azzido Da Bass Feat. Roland Clark Speed (Can You Feel It?) 12" Single Vinyl US $4.82 Buy It Now 53m 33s
The English Beat I Just Can't Stop It IRS SP70606 Stereo Ska Vinyl Record Album US $14.99 Buy It Now 54m 37s
ERNESTINE ANDERSON I CAN DREAM CAN'T I/ I HEARD YOU CRIED LAST NIGHT 45 VINYL US $2.25 Buy It Now 55m 39s
CHESTER COKE WHY CAN'T YOU SEE Solid State All Stars 7" 45rpm US $79.99 [0 bids]
55m 40s
MONSTER FUNK* Real Thing - Can You Feel The Force? *ORIGINAL* Very Rare!! 1978 US $12.89 Buy It Now 56m 4s
Red Foley LP 1960s We can never forget Red Foley US $5.00 Buy It Now 56m 51s
Yvonne Fair,You Can't Judge A Book By It's Cover.M-1344F.U.S. Motown 7" 45. US $6.37 Buy It Now 57m 20s
Elvis Costello - I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down 7" x 45 rpm single Ex Con US $6.44 Buy It Now 57m 56s
SPIN DOCTORS UK 7" picture disc 45, LITTLE MISS CAN'T BE WRONG, numbered US $12.00 Buy It Now 58m 10s
Smash Mouth Why Can't We Be Friends CD Single DJ US $2.49 Buy It Now 58m 11s
45 - JIM MINOR - HOW CAN I BE A BEST MAN -/ REVEILLE - UA 353 US $9.99 Buy It Now 58m 31s
I Can't Make A Friend 1965-1968 - Vagrants New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shippi US $21.44 Buy It Now 58m 55s
FRANKIE RANDALL -Life Can Be Beautiful / Let's Go To San Francisco-MINT UNPLAYED US $10.95 Buy It Now 59m 51s
Ron Shaw COUNTRY ROCKER 45 (Pacific Challenger PROMO 1635) I Can't Dance M- US $4.66 Buy It Now 1h
sealed joe cocker i can stand a little rain 8-track tape-a&m bt-3633 US $4.29 Buy It Now 1h
HEAR! Soul / Funk 45 LARRY SANTOS We Can't Hide It Anymore on Casablanca US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
HEAR! Jazz 45 WILLIE SMITH I Can't Belive That You're In Love With Me / The Way US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
HEAR! Modern Soul 45 THOMAS & TAYLOR You Can't Blame Love on Thom / Tay US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
HEAR! Soul R&B 45 RICKY ALLEN & THE ALLEN DOLLS Can I Come Back Home on AGE US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Phil Collins - You Can't Hurry Love - 7 Inch Single US $4.50 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Better 7 Inch Single US $4.50 Buy It Now 1h 2m
MICHAEL JACKSON - I Just Can't Stop Loving You - Ex Con 7" Single Epic 560202 7 US $12.89 Buy It Now 1h 2m
YOUTH OF TODAY Can't Close My Eyes LP PUNK Hardcore JUDGE Crippled Youth CLEAR X US $14.49 Buy It Now 1h 2m
THE LIARS SALVATION CAN'T STAY AWAY FROM YOU 7' VINYL RECORD AREA PIRATA APC20 US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Barbra Streisand - On A Clear Day You Can See Forever OST LP in G/Fold Sleeve US $8.05 [0 bids]
CLARK FIVE, DAVE - CAN'T YOU SEE THAT SHE'S MINE 45 JUKEBOX SERIES EPIC EX US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
PATRICK JUVET - Viva California - Excellent Con 7" Single Casablanca CAN 150 US $6.44 Buy It Now 1h 4m
CLARK FIVE, DAVE - CATCH US IF YOU CAN 45 RPM JUKEBOX SERIES HOLLYWOOD UNPLAYED US $12.50 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Kevin Beadles - You Can't Argue with Water (CD 2011) NEW/SEALED US $3.21 Buy It Now 1h 5m
CLARK FIVE, DAVE - CATCH US IF YOU CAN 45 RPM JUKEBOX SERIES Pic Sleeve UNPLAYED US $17.50 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Barbra Streisand 45 Songbird / Honey Can I Put On Your Clothes w/ts US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Little Milton: "We're Gonna Make It" & "Can't Hold Back The Tears" - '65 - NM! US $6.50 Buy It Now 1h 6m
CLARK FIVE, DAVE - DO YOU LOVE ME / CAN'T YOU SEE THAT SHE'S MINE JUKEBOX SERIES US $12.50 Buy It Now 1h 6m
RENA SCOTT 45 w/ps DO THAT TO ME ONE MORE TIME / CAN'T ~SEDONA VG++ to M- soul US $5.46 Buy It Now 1h 6m
DON JOHNSON HEARTBEAT B/W CAN'T TAKE YOUR MEMORY 45 RPM PICTURE SLEEVE US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Rena Scott dj 45 WE CAN MAKE IT BETTER mono / stereo ~ M- to VG++ US $4.00 [1 bids]
Led Zeppelin 7" Immigrant Song/Hey Hey What Can I Do Japanese VG+ Cat #P-115A US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Stylistics, The - Can't Give You Anything (But My Love) 7" US $7.24 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Pikachu Records Can Pokemon Draw a Picture? Japan Import CD TGCS-385 Very Rare! US $40.49 Buy It Now 1h 9m
CAN "Unlimited Edition" CD irmin schmidt holger czukay US $12.90 [0 bids]
CAN "Live 1971 - 1977" 2 X CD faust kraftwerk US $35.49 [0 bids]
ZORN - All We Can Do Is Enjoy The Ride - CD US $21.36 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Anne Murray - I Can See Arkansas 2 TRACK SINGLE RARE US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 11m
The 4 OF US MAXI 3 Track 12" I Just Can't Get Enough RARE Extended Mix Version US $1.61 Buy It Now 1h 11m
MADONNA - YOU CAN DANCE - REMIXES - 1987 - Gold Foil Stamped Promo LP w/O.B.I. US $18.95 [0 bids]
45 RPM LED ZEPPELIN IMMIGRANT SONG HEY, HEY, WHAT CAN I DO JAPAN IMPORT CLEAN US $12.00 [0 bids]
WIZZARD (ROY WOOD)-RATTELSNAKE ROLL/CAN'T HELP MY FEELINGS JET 758 UK NM 45 US $7.48 Buy It Now 1h 12m
JEFF STEINBERG LP The Glove 198? {Pinebrook} vg++ I Can Do All Things~Praise Him US $8.95 Buy It Now 1h 12m
HEAR! Soul Funk Promo 45 FREE MOVEMENT I Can't Move No Mountains on Columbia (Pr US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
HEAR! Modern Soul Promo 45 NATURE'S DIVINE I Just Can't Control Myself on Infini US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
HEAR! Northern Soul Promo 45 PAUL ANKA Can't Get You Out Of My Mind on RCA (Prom US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
PETER BROWN DRIVE 12" 'CAN'T BE LOVE' VG++ US $0.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Aeroplane - We Can`t Fly (NEW CD) US $14.91 Buy It Now 1h 13m
2 Intense - I've Fallen And I Can't Git Up 12" Breakbeat Dynamix II Records 1990 US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
GARDNER, Avia - More Than Tongue Can Tell - CD US $18.13 Buy It Now 1h 14m
DAVE BERRY CAN I GET IT FROM YOU/I SONT WANT TO GO ON DUTCH PICTURE SL. DECCA US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN SEE FOREVER - STREISAND / MONTAND [LP vinyl CBS S30086] US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Eric Clapton - See What Love can Do / Bw Same12 " promo US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Mercy Love (Can Make You Happy) VG++/Fire Ball VG++ 1969 Rock 45 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Rod Stewart 45 My Heart Can't Tell You No / The Wild Horse US $1.50 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Eric Clapton - See What Love can Do / Bw Same12 " promo US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
MISTER O feat PAUL DESMOND/SCOTT WOZNIAK/DJ MEME - I Can Feel The Love - CD US $10.87 Buy It Now 1h 20m
MEN AT WORK-WHO CAN IT BE NOW? B/W-ANYONE FOR TENNIS VG US $2.00 Buy It Now 1h 20m
P!NK - CAN'T TAKE ME HOME [888837163729] - NEW CD US $5.98 Buy It Now 1h 21m
DEAD CAN DANCE " TOWARD THE WITHIN" DAD 4015 CD 4AD RECORDS CANADIAN ISSUE US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Maxine Singleton-You can't run from love-1982 7" single US $8.05 Buy It Now 1h 22m
DISCO.....KAT MANDU.....DON'T STOP, KEEP ON...1979 BLUE VINYL..(M-)..CAN..HEAR US $2.99 [0 bids]
CHRIS REA IMPORT CD Single DIFFERENT P/S YOU CAN GO YOUR own way NEW US $7.24 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Arli - Can't Live Without You - BEST RECORDS ORIGINAL PRESSING - FREESTYLE US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Sacrilege ratings distribution

CAN Sacrilege reviews

Review by Syzygy
2 stars Directly or indirectly, Can had a huge influence on a lot of artists working in the trance/techno scene, and Holger Czukay has collaborated with some of the more adventurous exponents of contemporary dance music, so the idea of commissioning remixes of Can classics probably seemed logical at the time. Sadly, the results work neither as re interpretations nor as pieces of dance music in their own right. Brian Eno was moved to comment that there seemed to be little point doing remixes when the originals were so good, which says it all really.

Send comments to Syzygy (BETA) | Report this review (#23327) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 04, 2005

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars Ok, it's going to be hard to defend why on earth I have given this 4 stars. I haven't even given that to much Can albums. But one doesn't get too many chances to review a techno album on PA so I thought I'd go for the opportunity, especially when it's contains so much goodies like this one.

First of all, this whole album has got nothing to do with the original Can songs in the track list. So if you though 'remix' meant a bit of equalizing left and right then you have entirely wrong expectations. This album is called 'sacrilege' and there is a good reason why. You will hardly recognize any your favourite Can tunes. Few of the remixes use actual melodies or rhythms from the Can songs, the only thing that is vaguely recognizable is some of the sounds used.

This tribute is nevertheless soaked with the real Can adagio: first take everything apart and then construct an entirely new thing from the remaining carcass. While not all pieces work, most do. The dynamic rhythms and richly textured Can samples seem to be perfect material for a fine album in the typical 90-ties alternative techno styles.

A couple of samples.

Pnoom, by Eno. He thought there was little for him to improve on the original Can songs so he chose this little ditty. While there is some truth in what he says, he had better stayed away from this project altogether as he clearly didn't get the idea of the sacrilege idea. His Pnoom is exactly like the original.

Spoon, by Sonic Youth. This song sounds as if it was written for them of course. They stick to the original but add some of their typical guitar textures in the second half.

Tango Whiskeyman, by a Guy Called Gerald. A great remix this one, pure drum & bass techno all the way with some sampled parts of Can's original song. It makes for a chillingly claustrophobic and restless atmosphere.

Vitamin C, by U.N.K.L.E. This one uses the original Can-beat but brings it more to the front and greatly improved the sound.

Future Days, by Carl Craig. A dub groove dominates this one. Lush synths and hazy vocals whispering "Future Days" turn it into almost catchy tune. An improvement over the original.

Father Cannot Yell, by Pete Shelley (yes that guy from the Buzzcocks). Pure drum & bass techno again with nothing reminding me of the original song but this remix is simply ominous. One of the best things I've ever heard in the genre, very dynamic and heavy. Deep trance alert!

Yoo Doo Right, 3P mix. Charming little remix, it got a trip-hop beat and a layer of strings for accompaniment. With Malcolm Mooney's sampled vocals on top, it's almost become a pop song, not dissimilar from early No-man stuff. Great tune.

Flow Motion, by Air Liquide. Another one which bears no trace of the original but with a fittingly funky-industrial kind of beat. The samples used from the song add to the alienating industrial feel.

Oh Yeah, by Kris Needs. A bit of a lengthy dub mix here but still with a nice gloomy mood and a groovy pace.

This album stands as a fine example how experimental rock can transform into something entirely the opposite: a dance album, and one very much to my liking. I wouldn't recommended it to Can fans though, this album is rather meant to introduce fans of the featured artists to the strange world of Can. And it worked for me! Been a Can-fan ever since.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#284292) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 31, 2010

4 stars Seem like a few people here don't like this album, which is a shame as it's actually very good. Brian Eno's re-edit of Pnoom is a funny little track that will catcht the attention of anyone - ideal for introducing newcomers to the wonderful world of The Can. Then Sonic Youth slow down and noise u ... (read more)

Report this review (#41047) | Posted by | Sunday, July 31, 2005 | Review Permanlink

1 stars No. The idea of re-working another artist's work is to, um, re-work it. These tracks all suck because all that's happened is that the "remixer" has sampled the original track. The way in which CAN and Holger Czukay worked makes it impossible for the original master tapes to be used for remixing p ... (read more)

Report this review (#35287) | Posted by | Sunday, June 05, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Sacrilege"