SACRILEGE

CD 1
1. Pnoom
2. Spoon
3. Vitamin C
4. Blue Bag (Inside Paper)
5. T V Spot

8. Oh Yeah

Search CAN Sacrilege lyrics

Search CAN Sacrilege tabs

1997 LP Mute 69033

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Sacrilege Music

Vinyl$21.74
Future DaysFuture Days
Mute (Artist Intelligence) 2014
Vinyl$20.98
Susan Werner: I Can't Be New; CD on Koch; Like New w/ Lyrics US $7.99 Buy It Now 30m 58s
BRASS CONSTRUCTION-CAN YOU SEE THE LIGHT 12"-US-FUNK-EX US $8.86 Buy It Now 31m 35s
SANDSTONE "Can You Mend A Silver Thread" US $14.99 Buy It Now 32m 44s
Blue Pearl - (Can You) Feel the Passion x5 - SBK 1992 U.S. cd - RARE! US $8.97 Buy It Now 34m 36s
LOS LOBOS Tin Can Trust CD 2010 Shout Factory Records Susan Tedeschi US $3.99 Buy It Now 35m 44s
U2 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' CD US $5.30 Buy It Now 38m 8s
Johnny Cunningham: I Can Feel the Heartache Comin' On 7" 45 RPM Record Single US $0.99 [0 bids]
38m 18s
Ray Charles: I Can't Stop Loving You 7" 45 RPM Record Single US $0.99 [0 bids]
39m 20s
DEAD CAN DANCE - AION (REISSUE) NEW CD US $19.83 Buy It Now 40m 44s
Lisa Lisa - Can You Feel The Beat 45 rpm Vinyl Columbia Records NM 1985 US $3.00 Buy It Now 42m 2s
CD . R. Kelly . I Believe I Can Fly . Single US $7.96 Buy It Now 42m 43s
BUSH LEAGUE - CAN OF GAS & A MATCH NEW CD US $23.86 Buy It Now 43m 44s
Gerry Mulligan Quartet "I Can't Get Started" EP Pacific Jazz#ep4-21 Very Good ++ US $9.99 Buy It Now 46m 40s
MICHAEL STANLEY BAND - YOU CAN'T FIGHT FASHION - EMI AMERICA RECORDS LP US $5.00 Buy It Now 48m 8s
TAMMY WYNETTE We Sure Can Love Each Other Reel to Reel Tape Epic Tested US $8.99 Buy It Now 51m 57s
The Bee Gees Life in a Tin Can SEALED 1993 USA CD Kinks Who Everly Brothers US $14.95 Buy It Now 56m 59s
Unbalance by Kick The Can Crew (CD 2002) RARE! Japan! US $9.99 Buy It Now 57m 31s
realistic cassette tape holder 44-612A RADIO SHACK CAN STORE 12 TAPES US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h
78 Rpm Record Harry Raby & 3-D Valley Boys Open Up Your Heart / If You Can Spare US $40.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
2x 78rpm THE CHARIOTEERS- WHEN I GROW TOO OLD TO DREAM 10" YOU CAN'T SEE THE SUN US $6.40 Buy It Now 1h 12m
LADYHAWKE**NO CAN DO**CD US $11.08 Buy It Now 1h 12m
ANYONE CAN DANCE SWING - EAST COAST TRIPLE CD & DVD NEW US $60.00 Buy It Now 1h 15m
KENNY DALE Only Love Can Break A Heart ((**NEW 7" 45**)) from 1979 US $4.95 Buy It Now 1h 15m
JOE WALSH You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind LP (UK, VG++) US $10.68 Buy It Now 1h 16m
BOYS TOWN GANG - I Just Can't Help Believing - 12" single US $6.23 Buy It Now 1h 16m
KYLIE MINOGUE Can't Get You Out Of My Head w PLASTIKA Mix + Boy US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
The Mamas and Papas Lp If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears Dunhill records US $50.96 Buy It Now 1h 18m
The Mighty Clouds of Joy New CD If Jesus Can't Fix It Christian Music Gospel US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
NU SHOOZ - I Can't Wait - Scarce 1986 UK Atlantic label 2-track 12" Single US $12.90 Buy It Now 1h 25m
2x CD PAJAMA PARTY Up All Night w Yo No Se & Over & Over + Can't Live Without It US $149.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
LISE WESTZYNTHIUS - ROCK, YOU CAN FLY - 2004 CD US $2.50 Buy It Now 1h 25m
SCOTT MCKEON - CAN'T TAKE NO MORE - 2007 CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
CD Album.- The Cranberries. - Everyone else is doing it, so why can't we?- 1983 US $11.56 Buy It Now 1h 27m
PAUL SIMON ~ You Can Call Me Al ~ 12" Single PS US $9.67 Buy It Now 1h 27m
CBS LABORATORIES I CAN HEAR IT NOW BOX SET EDWARD R. MURROW 4 LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
SURVIVOR I SEE YOU IN EVERYONE & I CAN'T HOLD BACK 45 VINYL RECORD 1984 US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 28m
(OK2) The Kinks You Can't Stop the Music UK 7" 45 EX+ Beauty!! US $20.67 Buy It Now 1h 31m
PORTER JR,GEORGE & RUNNIN P...-CAN`T BEAT THE FUNK CD NEW US $18.52 Buy It Now 1h 31m
WARREN ACE & THE DUKES Why Waltz When You Can Rock and Roll? ROCKABILLY Teddyboy US $16.10 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Howling Diablos-Ultra Sonic Gas Can CD NEW US $16.90 Buy It Now 1h 31m
STEEL PANTHER-ALL YOU CAN EAT CD/DVD (AUSTRALIAN FA... CD NEW US $43.97 Buy It Now 1h 31m
UP IN THE AIR-UP IN THE AIR (CAN) CD NEW US $31.04 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Kook the Kashcow-Can`t Stop the Hustle CD NEW US $14.57 Buy It Now 1h 31m
JUDY GREEN "I Can't Get Along Without You" b/w "Come On Out Of The Cold" VG+ US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Rare Ken Griffin 78rpm "You Can't Be True/Barcarolle" 460 Broadcast US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Helen Reddy - I Can't Hear You No More / Music Is My Life 45 1976 US $0.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Tony "Dr. Edit" Garcia / Angelique - I Can't Live Without You CD NEW Freestyle US $25.83 Buy It Now 1h 40m
TRAVIS WAMMACK-SO GOOD-C/W-HOW CAN I TELL YOU-USA FAME US $9.67 Buy It Now 1h 40m
BIG STAR**NOTHING CAN HURT ME (PREVIOUSLY UNISSUED TRACKS)**CD US $13.95 Buy It Now 1h 41m
LP: HOW CAN I UNLOVE YOU * Lynn Anderson (1971 Columbia) "All Day Sucker" US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
PETER TOSH CAN'T BLAME THE YOUTH *** CD *** in stock buy now US $12.06 Buy It Now 1h 43m
MIDNIGHT STAR-WET MY WHISTLE/YOU CAN'T STOP ME 7"-FUNK US $8.86 Buy It Now 1h 44m
1957 THE LETTERMEN "GOIN' OUT OF MY HEAD"/ "CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU" 45 7" US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
LAST WORD (WORDS) Can't Stop Loving You 45rpm ATCO 1967 Soul Rock/Blue Eyed Soul US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Tony Richie - Anybody At The Party Seen Jenny / You Can't Win (7" Vinyl)1968 US $72.67 Buy It Now 1h 50m
DJ FERNANDO LOPEZ - We Can Do It - CD single US $13.31 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Passion Play - Baby Can't You See - Promo 12" Single - Extended Dance Mix US $2.99 [0 bids]
R.E.M. REM - Can't Get There From Here (exteneded mix 12")!! NM! 1985! US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Chaka Khan - (Krush Groove) Can't Stop the Street - 12" Single US $2.99 [0 bids]
Jimmy James and the Vagabonds - You Don't Stand A Chance If You Can't Dance 1975 US $11.00 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Better 12" Single w/ What Is Love US $2.99 [0 bids]
Usher - Can U Help Me 12" Single - Vocal Mix b/w Instrumental/Beats US $2.99 [0 bids]
TOMMY ROE - We Can Make Music ~ VINYL LP US $10.64 Buy It Now 2h
CD . . Nice Work If You Can Get It: Ella Fitzgerald and Andre Previn Do Gershwi US $7.96 Buy It Now 2h 2m
You Can Dance, Madonna, Good US $1.99 Buy It Now 2h 7m
GEORG LEVIN can't hold back US $6.23 Buy It Now 2h 8m
CD . . I Can See Clearly Now . US $7.96 Buy It Now 2h 12m
brother can you spare a dime great depression songs LP US $15.50 Buy It Now 2h 13m
CHRIS CHRISTIAN what can there be JAPAN 7" 07SP575 kR4 US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 13m
CD . Tarackin, Lew . What a Little Moonlight Can Do . US $9.10 Buy It Now 2h 15m
THE CURE Alt.End w Why Can't I Be Me + The End Of The World 2x CD robert smith US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Audio CD - R&B & Soul - Luther Vandross: Your Secret Love -I Can Make It Better US $11.41 Buy It Now 2h 15m
DIONNE WARWICK HOW MANY TIMES CAN WE SAY GOODBYE ARGENTINA LP US $23.07 Buy It Now 2h 17m
MARIO PERALTA THEMES FROM ET E.T. / HOW CAN I LIVE WITHOUT HER USA 7" US $58.07 Buy It Now 2h 17m
DEAD CAN DANCE THE SERPENTS EGG ULTRA RARE CASSETTE TAPE! US $13.35 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Pop LP"Can I Have My Money Back?" by Gerry Rafferty - Transatlantic BA6031, 1971 US $5.88 Buy It Now 2h 25m
CD . Various Artists, Dead Can Dance, . Exotic Sounds from Many Worlds . US $7.96 Buy It Now 2h 27m
body music 12":MARIE MURRAIN-how can love be so cruel (hear) US $16.13 Buy It Now 2h 33m
SUMMER BREEZE SEASONS VOL.1 - Japan CD - NEW MIGUEL MIGS KASKADE CAN7 OSCAR US $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Len CD You Can't Stop the Bum Rush Rare Advance Promo 1999 Biz Markey CC Deville US $2.95 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Frank Zappa - You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol 5 - CD X 2 (2012) US $16.13 Buy It Now 2h 37m
MAMADO & SHE ~ Can We Take You Higher ~ 12" USA PROMO US $6.44 Buy It Now 2h 38m
BOBBY WOMACK: More Than I Can Stand 45 Soul US $20.00 Buy It Now 2h 39m
PEPPER MASHAY I Can't Stop 12" single Cetacean Records 0005 Promo US $5.47 Buy It Now 2h 39m
THE CORRS In Blue 2000 Taiwan 2-Track PROMO CD Single What Can I Do Breathles US $45.29 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Can Future Days prog germany us press uala213F '74 vinyl NM F1/F2 rare album WOW US $159.00 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Pat Travers Band CAN DO CD (2013) Brand New CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Natalie debut Energy I Can't Wait Where Are You VG CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 42m
LAVELL CRAWFORD - CAN A BROTHER GET SOME LOVE NEW CD US $17.64 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Billy Squier -Can't Wait- (SP 3195) A & M NM [Orig. Plastic] US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Armand Van Helden : WHY CAN'T U FREE SOME TIME Rmx CD Single US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
FINAL STAGE- Through the mirror PRIV. CAN. 2007 US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 49m
DON HENLEY (The Eagles) - "I Can't Stand Still" 12" Vinyl LP NM 1982 US Original US $14.69 [0 bids]
MZ CAN AM Logo BRP ATV1 FOR 3D iphone 4 4g 4s 5 5s 5c HTC One M7 back cover case US $22.99 Buy It Now 2h 53m
MZ CAN AM Logo BRP ATV2 FOR 3D iphone 4 4g 4s 5 5s 5c HTC One M7 back cover case US $22.99 Buy It Now 2h 53m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Sacrilege ratings distribution

CAN Sacrilege reviews

Review by Syzygy
2 stars Directly or indirectly, Can had a huge influence on a lot of artists working in the trance/techno scene, and Holger Czukay has collaborated with some of the more adventurous exponents of contemporary dance music, so the idea of commissioning remixes of Can classics probably seemed logical at the time. Sadly, the results work neither as re interpretations nor as pieces of dance music in their own right. Brian Eno was moved to comment that there seemed to be little point doing remixes when the originals were so good, which says it all really.

Send comments to Syzygy (BETA) | Report this review (#23327) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 04, 2005

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars Ok, it's going to be hard to defend why on earth I have given this 4 stars. I haven't even given that to much Can albums. But one doesn't get too many chances to review a techno album on PA so I thought I'd go for the opportunity, especially when it's contains so much goodies like this one.

First of all, this whole album has got nothing to do with the original Can songs in the track list. So if you though 'remix' meant a bit of equalizing left and right then you have entirely wrong expectations. This album is called 'sacrilege' and there is a good reason why. You will hardly recognize any your favourite Can tunes. Few of the remixes use actual melodies or rhythms from the Can songs, the only thing that is vaguely recognizable is some of the sounds used.

This tribute is nevertheless soaked with the real Can adagio: first take everything apart and then construct an entirely new thing from the remaining carcass. While not all pieces work, most do. The dynamic rhythms and richly textured Can samples seem to be perfect material for a fine album in the typical 90-ties alternative techno styles.

A couple of samples.

Pnoom, by Eno. He thought there was little for him to improve on the original Can songs so he chose this little ditty. While there is some truth in what he says, he had better stayed away from this project altogether as he clearly didn't get the idea of the sacrilege idea. His Pnoom is exactly like the original.

Spoon, by Sonic Youth. This song sounds as if it was written for them of course. They stick to the original but add some of their typical guitar textures in the second half.

Tango Whiskeyman, by a Guy Called Gerald. A great remix this one, pure drum & bass techno all the way with some sampled parts of Can's original song. It makes for a chillingly claustrophobic and restless atmosphere.

Vitamin C, by U.N.K.L.E. This one uses the original Can-beat but brings it more to the front and greatly improved the sound.

Future Days, by Carl Craig. A dub groove dominates this one. Lush synths and hazy vocals whispering "Future Days" turn it into almost catchy tune. An improvement over the original.

Father Cannot Yell, by Pete Shelley (yes that guy from the Buzzcocks). Pure drum & bass techno again with nothing reminding me of the original song but this remix is simply ominous. One of the best things I've ever heard in the genre, very dynamic and heavy. Deep trance alert!

Yoo Doo Right, 3P mix. Charming little remix, it got a trip-hop beat and a layer of strings for accompaniment. With Malcolm Mooney's sampled vocals on top, it's almost become a pop song, not dissimilar from early No-man stuff. Great tune.

Flow Motion, by Air Liquide. Another one which bears no trace of the original but with a fittingly funky-industrial kind of beat. The samples used from the song add to the alienating industrial feel.

Oh Yeah, by Kris Needs. A bit of a lengthy dub mix here but still with a nice gloomy mood and a groovy pace.

This album stands as a fine example how experimental rock can transform into something entirely the opposite: a dance album, and one very much to my liking. I wouldn't recommended it to Can fans though, this album is rather meant to introduce fans of the featured artists to the strange world of Can. And it worked for me! Been a Can-fan ever since.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#284292) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 31, 2010

4 stars Seem like a few people here don't like this album, which is a shame as it's actually very good. Brian Eno's re-edit of Pnoom is a funny little track that will catcht the attention of anyone - ideal for introducing newcomers to the wonderful world of The Can. Then Sonic Youth slow down and noise u ... (read more)

Report this review (#41047) | Posted by | Sunday, July 31, 2005 | Review Permanlink

1 stars No. The idea of re-working another artist's work is to, um, re-work it. These tracks all suck because all that's happened is that the "remixer" has sampled the original track. The way in which CAN and Holger Czukay worked makes it impossible for the original master tapes to be used for remixing p ... (read more)

Report this review (#35287) | Posted by | Sunday, June 05, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Sacrilege"