SACRILEGE

CD 1
1. Pnoom
2. Spoon
3. Vitamin C
4. Blue Bag (Inside Paper)
5. T V Spot

8. Oh Yeah

Search CAN Sacrilege lyrics

Search CAN Sacrilege tabs

1997 LP Mute 69033

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Sacrilege Music

Tago MagoTago Mago
Mute U.S. 2008
Ege BamyasiEge Bamyasi
Mute U.S. 2008
SHALAMAR - I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD: BEST OF NEW CD US $14.40 Buy It Now 29m 43s
78 RPM-FOUR ACES-PETE PIKE-4 STAR 6678,6640-I CAN SEE AN ANGEL-PROMO-R US $4.99 Buy It Now 30m 11s
MADONNA You Can Dance (Incl Into The Groove) L.P. (1987) SIRE WX76/925535-1 US $17.06 Buy It Now 30m 29s
CAN - Grenoble: Live in Grenoble, FR / Brussels, BE 1976 (mini LP / 2xCD) SBD US $29.99 Buy It Now 31m 40s
Joe Cocker LP I Can Stand A Little Rain US $5.49 Buy It Now 33m 1s
The Main Ingredient 45 The Girl I Left Behind/Can't Stand Your Love PROMO COPY US $9.99 Buy It Now 33m 4s
NORTHERN SOUL~Al Martino~More Than The Eye Can See~Capitol #5989~VG+ US $1.50 Buy It Now 33m 6s
VINYL 7" SINGLE - HOWARD JONES - THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER - HOW 6 US $11.92 Buy It Now 33m 7s
The Rat Pack DCP 1145 I Can do the Mouse Now US $22.49 Buy It Now 33m 9s
Hip-Hop, PUFF DADDY Can't Nobody Hold Me Down (Remix) 12" Single Vinyl Record. US $2.99 [0 bids]
33m 14s
Hip-Hop MC HAMMER U Can't Touch This / Dancin' Machine 12" Single Vinyl Record. US $2.99 [0 bids]
33m 14s
Hip-Hop PUFF DADDY Can't Nobody Hold Me Down (Remix) 12" Single Vinyl Record. US $2.99 [0 bids]
33m 14s
Hip-Hop, JAY-Z Can I Get A... Feat. Jah and Amil 12" Single Vinyl Record. US $2.99 [0 bids]
(604I) Clocks, All I Can - DJ CD US $5.10 Buy It Now 34m 6s
willie mitchell what else can go wrong cd US $3.75 Buy It Now 34m 10s
willie mitchell what else can go wrong cd US $4.00 Buy It Now 34m 10s
LIONEL RICHIE - CAN'T SLOW DOWN ORIGINAL MOTOWN VINYL RECORD 33 LP VG US $0.99 [0 bids]
35m 15s
Patsy Cline LP Album Record I Can't Forget Excellent Condition Rare US $2.99 [0 bids]
36m 40s
If You Can't Feel It (It Ain't There) Freddie Hart LP record SEALED FREE SHIP US $14.99 Buy It Now 37m 17s
Dr. Hook 45 Girls Can Get It Casablanca Records 1980 PROMO COPY-Mono US $9.99 Buy It Now 37m 59s
SPINNERS 45 Wake Up Susan / If You Can't Be In Love - NM US $5.00 Buy It Now 38m 49s
Don't Bother Me, I Can't Cope Cast Micki Grant US Vinyl LP US $14.75 Buy It Now 39m 8s
45RPM w/Picture Sleeve - Howard Jones - Things Can Only US $5.00 Buy It Now 39m 32s
Billy Swan 45 Ways Of A Woman In Love/I Can Help Monument Records 1974 US $9.99 Buy It Now 40m 27s
Barbara George If When You've Done The Best You Can / If You Think Vinyl 45 US $12.75 Buy It Now 41m 11s
Boyz II Men Can't Let Her Go (Remixes) RARE 4 track promo CD single '98 US $12.00 Buy It Now 41m 19s
The Statler Brothers Lot of 2 The Best That I Can Do 45 RPM 7", Good US $3.00 [0 bids]
41m 20s
Justice League - We Can Be Lovers - NEW OLD Originals US $2.99 Buy It Now 41m 49s
VARIOUS ARTISTS - Can You Say Hoboken? Vol. 4 CD-Dodgeball, New Bride, Drowner US $0.99 [0 bids]
42m 11s
VARIOUS ARTISTS - Can You Say Hoboken? Vol. 5 CD-Alchemy,Kidneythieves,F.R.E.D. US $0.99 [0 bids]
42m 11s
Can't keep My Hands Off You [Maxi Single] by React (CD, Mar-1998, Columbia... US $0.99 [0 bids]
42m 14s
FOUR TOPS - WHEN SHE WAS MY GIRL / SOMETHING TO REMEMBER (CAN 1005) UK 1981 7'' US $3.39 Buy It Now 42m 36s
OMD - STAND ABOVE ME / CAN I BELIEVE YOU (VS 1444) UK 1993 7'' US $3.39 Buy It Now 42m 36s
THE CARMEL - I CAN'T SHAKE THIS FEELING / LET MY CHILD BE FREE (K-13869) US 1967 US $5.10 Buy It Now 42m 36s
HOUSTON WELLS - ONLY THE HEARTACHES/CAN'T STOP PRETENDING (R5031) UK 1963 RGM 7" US $3.39 Buy It Now 42m 36s
Adina Howard Featuring Yo Yo* ?- You Can Be My Nigga 12", 1995, EastWest Record US $2.00 [0 bids]
43m 26s
7A2 used vinyl 7" PEPSI AND SHIRLIE CAN'T GIVE ME LOVE - IT'S A SHAME US $5.99 [0 bids]
43m 46s
Shalamar - I Can Make You Feel Good-The Best Of [CD New] US $6.74 Buy It Now 43m 52s
IMPERIALS - WHO'S GONNA LOVE ME/CAN YOU IMAGINE (PX 266) UK 1977 7" US $6.81 Buy It Now 45m 22s
JAY BOY ADAMS - I CAN GET BY (ATLANTIC 3532) US 1978 PROMO 7'' US $3.39 Buy It Now 45m 22s
One Kiss Can Lead to Another: Girl Group Sounds Lost & Found US $75.00 [0 bids]
45m 26s
KRAFTWERK Autobahn & Morganspaziergang RARE 7" vinyl white label krautrock can US $5.99 Buy It Now 45m 35s
Spells - Can't Get Enough CASSETTE ©1989 Speak No Evil PROMO FUNK SOUL US $64.00 Buy It Now 45m 38s
GEORG LEVIN - CAN'T HOLD BACK -13 TRACK CD- MADE IN GERMANY US $1.88 Buy It Now 46m 28s
CHARLIE MCCOY I JUST CAN'T STAND TO SEE YOU CRY SILVER THREADS & GOLDEN NEEDLES US $2.61 Buy It Now 46m 54s
RALPH TRESVANT Money Can't Buy You Love CASSETTE SINGLE ©1992 MCA NEW JACK SWING US $14.00 Buy It Now 46m 57s
U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind (CD, Oct-2000, Interscope (USA)) US $6.79 Buy It Now 47m 2s
Neil Young: Birds/Only Love Can Break Your Heart 45 Vinyl US $3.00 [0 bids]
48m
Steve Karmen: Too Bad You Can't Read.. / What Do You Say to ... [Unplayed Copy] US $6.97 Buy It Now 48m 7s
78 RPM-LaVERN BAKER-ATLANTIC 1104-I CAN'T LOVE YOU ENOUGH-STILL-1956 US $4.99 Buy It Now 48m 35s
Northern soul BILL DOGGETT You Can't Sit Down WB M-.DJ Listen! US $20.00 Buy It Now 48m 39s
The Turtles - White Whale 238 - Can I Get To Know You Better / Like The Seasons US $1.99 Buy It Now 49m 2s
STAR-TELS: What More Can I Ask For 45 rare Soul US $40.00 Buy It Now 49m 22s
DAVE CLARK FIVE--PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY--(CAN'T U SEE THAT SHE'S MINE)--PS--PIC-SLV US $6.99 Buy It Now 49m 23s
BRENDA LEE--PICTURE SLEEVE + 45--(YOU CAN DEPEND ON ME)--PS--PIC--SLV US $11.99 Buy It Now 49m 23s
YOUNG RASCALS-7'-45--(HOW CAN I BE SURE)--VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 49m 24s
Ernie Tucker Can She Give You Fever / I'm That Someone Earth 502 R US $40.00 Buy It Now 49m 45s
MASS PRODUCTION I Can't Believe You're Going Away / Diamond Chips STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 50m 12s
Love Can Build a Bridge by The Judds (CD, Feb-2003, Curb) US $2.99 [0 bids]
50m 40s
Rose Murphy on 78 rpm Mercury 1204: I Can't Give You Anything But Love US $9.99 Buy It Now 51m 3s
NICK CARDELL - promo LIberty - Arlene/How Can I Help It (NM) US $6.95 Buy It Now 51m 18s
DANNY TIMMS & BARBER SHOP: Untie Me / I Can't Dig It... (rock & pop vinyl 45) US $20.00 Buy It Now 51m 49s
The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down LP 1963 Parkway Records US $31.49 [0 bids]
52m 14s
DOVELLS--ALTERNATE B-SIDE PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY for-(U CAN'T SIT DOWN)--PS--PIC-- US $22.00 Buy It Now 52m 19s
DAVE CLARK FIVE--PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY--(CAN'T U SEE THAT SHE'S MINE)--PS--PIC--SL US $5.99 Buy It Now 52m 19s
FARON YOUNG--PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY--(CAN'T FIND THE TIME)--PS--PIC--SLV US $5.99 Buy It Now 52m 19s
THE WHO--7'-45 on DECCA---(I CAN SEE FOR MILES)---VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 52m 19s
NEW COLONY SIX--PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY--(CAN'T U SEE ME CRY)--PS--PIC--SLV US $11.99 Buy It Now 52m 19s
BOBBY RYDELL--PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY---(JUST CAN'T SAY GOODBYE)---PS--PIC--SLV US $11.99 Buy It Now 52m 19s
Johnny Nash "I can See Clearly Now" EPIC 31067 Original Rare US $9.99 [0 bids]
52m 20s
MILLIE JACKSON I Can't Stop Loving You b/w Loving You STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 52m 20s
Bachelors 45 "Oh Samuel Don't Die/No Arms Can Ever Hold US $6.74 Buy It Now 53m 5s
Anyone Can Join - Godchildren Of Soul JAPAN CD Sealed NEW *31-1 US $4.19 Buy It Now 53m 30s
Sisqo Can I Live / Last Night Dragon Family LP Sealed US $2.99 Buy It Now 54m 20s
Linda Ronstadt Look Out For My Love/I Can't Let 45 RPM US $7.00 Buy It Now 54m 21s
Peter Frampton A&M 45 Record #2148 NM 1979 may i baby/i can't stand it no more US $5.00 Buy It Now 54m 50s
Lionel Richie Can't slow Down Record Album US $14.00 [0 bids]
55m 27s
TARHEEL SLIM & LITTLE ANN - Can't Stay Away/ part 2 - 50's R&B, SOUL US $7.99 [0 bids]
58m 1s
BING CROSBY w JIMMIE DORSEY I can't escape from you/Im an old cowhand 78 rpm- US $0.99 [0 bids]
58m 2s
CHAMBER'S BROTHERS--PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY---(I CAN'T TURN U LOOSE)--PS--PIC--SLV US $5.99 Buy It Now 58m 10s
GEORGE MAHARIS--PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY--(WHERE CAN YOU GO)--PS--PIC--SLV US $6.99 Buy It Now 58m 10s
(AU56) Moneen, Don't Ever Tell Locke What He Can- DJ CD US $2.99 Buy It Now 58m 34s
WYNONNA JUDD - CAN'T NOBODY LOVE YOU ( LIKE I DO ) !! NR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! US $4.00 Buy It Now 58m 35s
(AU64) Ne-Yo, Can We Chill - DJ CD US $2.99 Buy It Now 59m 19s
DEAD CAN DANCE - ENIGMA OF ABSOLUTE CD * LIVE HAMBURG 1987 * RARE !!!!! US $35.00 Buy It Now 59m 24s
Phil Collins "You Can't Hurry Love" -- 45 RPM w/orig Jukebox title US $1.99 [1 bids]
59m 50s
LIONEL RICHIE CAN'T SLOW DOWN CD Richard Marx, Paulinho DaCosta US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h
MERCY-7'-45-(LOVE, CAN MAKE U HAPPY)--VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h
BUFFY SAINTE-MARIE MISTER CAN'T YOU SEE NM 45RPM INTL SHIP VEJ 212 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h
(AU87) Skindred, You Can't Stop It - DJ CD US $4.69 Buy It Now 1h
GERRY RAFFERTY CAN I HAVE MY MONEY BACK 1971 PROMO ALBUM US $2.99 [0 bids]
ERSEL HICKEY: I Can't Love Another (oldies vinyl 45) US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
ROBERT PALMER - Can We Still Be Friends - 1979 PROMO NEAR MINT- CANADA PRESSING US $4.95 Buy It Now 1h 3m
All You Can Eat by k.d. lang (Cassette, Oct-1995, Warner Bros.) US $8.32 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Jimmy Smith- ANY NUMBER CAN WIN V-8552 Verve LP US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 5m
We Can't Dance by Genesis (U.K. Band) (Cassette, Nov-1991, Atlantic (Label)) US $8.33 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Can't Fight Fate by Taylor Dayne (Cassette, Oct-1989, Arista) US $8.33 Buy It Now 1h 5m
20 GRANDS SUCCES DE NOËL Tape Cassette ARTISTES VARIÉS MSTK Records Montreal Can US $8.33 Buy It Now 1h 6m
LIONEL RICHIE Tape Cassette CAN'T SLOW DOWN 1983 Motown Records Canada US $8.33 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Something About the Way You Look Tonight/Candle in the Wind 1997/You Can Make Hi US $8.33 Buy It Now 1h 6m

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Sacrilege ratings distribution

CAN Sacrilege reviews

Review by Syzygy
2 stars Directly or indirectly, Can had a huge influence on a lot of artists working in the trance/techno scene, and Holger Czukay has collaborated with some of the more adventurous exponents of contemporary dance music, so the idea of commissioning remixes of Can classics probably seemed logical at the time. Sadly, the results work neither as re interpretations nor as pieces of dance music in their own right. Brian Eno was moved to comment that there seemed to be little point doing remixes when the originals were so good, which says it all really.

Send comments to Syzygy (BETA) | Report this review (#23327) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 04, 2005

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars Ok, it's going to be hard to defend why on earth I have given this 4 stars. I haven't even given that to much Can albums. But one doesn't get too many chances to review a techno album on PA so I thought I'd go for the opportunity, especially when it's contains so much goodies like this one.

First of all, this whole album has got nothing to do with the original Can songs in the track list. So if you though 'remix' meant a bit of equalizing left and right then you have entirely wrong expectations. This album is called 'sacrilege' and there is a good reason why. You will hardly recognize any your favourite Can tunes. Few of the remixes use actual melodies or rhythms from the Can songs, the only thing that is vaguely recognizable is some of the sounds used.

This tribute is nevertheless soaked with the real Can adagio: first take everything apart and then construct an entirely new thing from the remaining carcass. While not all pieces work, most do. The dynamic rhythms and richly textured Can samples seem to be perfect material for a fine album in the typical 90-ties alternative techno styles.

A couple of samples.

Pnoom, by Eno. He thought there was little for him to improve on the original Can songs so he chose this little ditty. While there is some truth in what he says, he had better stayed away from this project altogether as he clearly didn't get the idea of the sacrilege idea. His Pnoom is exactly like the original.

Spoon, by Sonic Youth. This song sounds as if it was written for them of course. They stick to the original but add some of their typical guitar textures in the second half.

Tango Whiskeyman, by a Guy Called Gerald. A great remix this one, pure drum & bass techno all the way with some sampled parts of Can's original song. It makes for a chillingly claustrophobic and restless atmosphere.

Vitamin C, by U.N.K.L.E. This one uses the original Can-beat but brings it more to the front and greatly improved the sound.

Future Days, by Carl Craig. A dub groove dominates this one. Lush synths and hazy vocals whispering "Future Days" turn it into almost catchy tune. An improvement over the original.

Father Cannot Yell, by Pete Shelley (yes that guy from the Buzzcocks). Pure drum & bass techno again with nothing reminding me of the original song but this remix is simply ominous. One of the best things I've ever heard in the genre, very dynamic and heavy. Deep trance alert!

Yoo Doo Right, 3P mix. Charming little remix, it got a trip-hop beat and a layer of strings for accompaniment. With Malcolm Mooney's sampled vocals on top, it's almost become a pop song, not dissimilar from early No-man stuff. Great tune.

Flow Motion, by Air Liquide. Another one which bears no trace of the original but with a fittingly funky-industrial kind of beat. The samples used from the song add to the alienating industrial feel.

Oh Yeah, by Kris Needs. A bit of a lengthy dub mix here but still with a nice gloomy mood and a groovy pace.

This album stands as a fine example how experimental rock can transform into something entirely the opposite: a dance album, and one very much to my liking. I wouldn't recommended it to Can fans though, this album is rather meant to introduce fans of the featured artists to the strange world of Can. And it worked for me! Been a Can-fan ever since.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#284292) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 31, 2010

4 stars Seem like a few people here don't like this album, which is a shame as it's actually very good. Brian Eno's re-edit of Pnoom is a funny little track that will catcht the attention of anyone - ideal for introducing newcomers to the wonderful world of The Can. Then Sonic Youth slow down and noise u ... (read more)

Report this review (#41047) | Posted by | Sunday, July 31, 2005 | Review Permanlink

1 stars No. The idea of re-working another artist's work is to, um, re-work it. These tracks all suck because all that's happened is that the "remixer" has sampled the original track. The way in which CAN and Holger Czukay worked makes it impossible for the original master tapes to be used for remixing p ... (read more)

Report this review (#35287) | Posted by | Sunday, June 05, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Sacrilege"