THE DREAM OF THE MAGIC JONGLEUR

The Psychedelic Ensemble

The Psychedelic Ensemble The Dream Of The Magic Jongleur album cover

Buy THE PSYCHEDELIC ENSEMBLE Music
Studio Album, released in 2011

1. Overture - Into The Night (7:54)
2. The Quest (4:54)
3. The Secrets Of Your Mind (5:46)
4. The Benefaction Of The Noble Wizard (5:06)
5. Listen To Me (6:10)
6. Stones To Flowers (1:30)
7. Magicking (2:30)
8. The Riddle (7:55)
9. Dream And Premonition (4:22)
10. Strange Days (6:37)
11. End Of Days - Epilogue (10:53)

Search THE PSYCHEDELIC ENSEMBLE The Dream Of The Magic Jongleur lyrics

Search THE PSYCHEDELIC ENSEMBLE The Dream Of The Magic Jongleur tabs

Anonymous/All Instruments

Album includes poetry, lyrics, liner notes, and extensive original artwork created for the 12-page booklet.

Thanks to Psychedelic Ensemble for the addition
and to Snow Dog for the last updates

THE PSYCHEDELIC ENSEMBLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE PSYCHEDELIC ENSEMBLE The Dream Of The Magic Jongleur Music

More places to buy THE PSYCHEDELIC ENSEMBLE music online Buy THE PSYCHEDELIC ENSEMBLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE PSYCHEDELIC ENSEMBLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE PSYCHEDELIC ENSEMBLE The Dream Of The Magic Jongleur ratings distribution

THE PSYCHEDELIC ENSEMBLE The Dream Of The Magic Jongleur reviews

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars The Psychedelic Ensemble have released a number of albums and their latest is a superb example of modern Neo Prog. "The Dream of the Magic Jongleur" is the vision of the one man multi instrumentalist who remains anonymous and proudly enigmatic. His style is extreme psychedelic at times sounding like the acid rock of the 60s such as on 'Overture Into the Night', a blistering keyboard driven master work.

The bass is incredible on this album and really glistens with creativity on 'The Quest'. Each track sounds different, the vocals are pleasant and there are even shades of quasi-Neo on tracks such as 'The Secrets of Your Mind'. The harmonies are terrific and the music is organic, and creative at all times.

'The Benefaction Of The Noble Wizard' begins with piercing cathedral church organ, reminding me of one Wakeman. Even the melody is like Wakeman. One can imagine a royal procession making their way down the aisle. The pipe organ is joined by bass pedals, and "rollerball" atmospheres. Hmmm, church was never like this.

'Listen To Me' has a guitar intro, striking after the church organ. A very nice funkadelic rhythm locks in with spacey keyboards, and glorious Happy organ sounds. The vocals return, interesting lyrics; "gather ye round, hear ye what I found, my magic is on display to all, I've got a tale to sing to you, now listen to me." The lead break is great. The tale continues of a Wizard of dreams where it is said the dragon dwells. The flute sound and lute is as medieval as Gryphon. The keyboard runs are stellar on this, a definitive highlight.

'Stones To Flowers' is a short thing sounding like the 60s are back. A throwback to the flower power scene.

'Magicking' is a wonderful twin acoustic virtuosic guitar solo. The harmonics are beautiful, so good to hear at the end of the day as night falls.

'The Riddle' is an 8 minute labyrinthine journey into mystical musicianship. The keyboard runs are frenetic, the vocals are multi tracked and beautifully harmoinised, the percussion is deliriously sporadic and the soloing is incredible. The synergy of dynamic tension and release, instruments competing and warring against wild time sigs, is masterful. This is a quintessential highlight not to be missed.

'Dream And Premonition' brings things into a dreamy soundscape, a bass solo over an ambient keyboard pad. It builds into some awesome dramatic blasts and bass guitar heaven. One of the best basslines I have heard.

'Strange Days' is quite strange, acoustic chord progression and a flute sounding like Ian Anderson dropped by or a chat. The vocals are even a bit like Anderson; "strange days indeed, am I lost in a dream, these are strange days it seems, like the darkest of dreams." There is an angular guitar over a keyboard solo and gorgeous flute embellishments. The lead break is good but mixed a little low. I love that shimmering Hammond though. Then a louder guitar break and keyboard run chimes in. It is a relaxing journey and definitely well worth listening.

'End Of Days ? Epilogue' is an 11 minute romp to finish this incredible album. It begins with esoteric effects, a bell chimes, a grand lead guitar is heard, reminds me of Pink Floyd but it is very regal pop rock. The heaviest riff crunches in with lighning fast key runs answering. I love that off kilter time sig and heaviness. The music is so dense it needs to breathe and so the sig is fractured with a new sig, speedy percussion and steady vocals; "the sea is churning blowing over me, the stars are burning blazing down on me, and it seems like end of days." The next key run is very techno and way of the scale. As good as Jordan Rudess running over his continuum. The musicianship is exemplary.

I am glad I heard this and it was a prime example of a one man genius, a vision and virtuosic skill doing what he loves; creating a compelling album of glorious prog. Some parts could be improved, and more musicians would augment the overall feel, maybe some guests vocalists, but this is excellent psych prog by any standards.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#618811) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 25, 2012

4 stars I was fortunate enough to get a physical copy of this album from the man who is the creator of THE PSYCHEDELIC ENSEMBLE. I can't tell you his name because he has chosen to remain anonymous, but I have talked to him. He told me that with his music he tries to retain the spirit of classic Prog while introducing those Classical and Fusion influences that he has studied over the years. I have to say that this is a classy release with lots of info in the liner notes with lyrics and a discussion about the album's concept. Also there are some beautiful pictures which are related to the story. I've made it no secret that i'm not really into concept albums but this is one I can get lost in. As far as the music goes my only complaint is that the synths are very dominant at times. I love spacey synths but these are more in the style of Rick Wakeman showing what he can do. A minor complaint and one that is about my tastes only. I actually feel the same way about the synths in "Romantic Warrior" by RETURN TO FOREVER. Not bad company right ? The compositions here though have left me shaking my head in appreciation. This isn't what I was expecting at all. This isn't what i'd call Neo, in fact I thought of YES more than any other band. A lot of these tracks blend into one another as well.

"Overture-Into The Night" opens with church bells and atmosphere before it kicks in around 1 1/2 minutes. Vocals follow then synths. Atmosphere and vocals then lead before a beat and lots of synths take over. Atmosphere and church bells end it. Great start ! It blends into "The Quest" which opens with the church bells still ringing from the previous track before synths come in swirling as we get some bombast. The guitar makes some noise in a good way and the drums seem to be all over the place. It settles late with atmosphere and blends into "The Secrets Of Your Mind". Vocals lead with a beat and synths before a minute. Church bells ring briefly after 2 minutes then we get some guitar. Vocals are back before 5 minutes. "The Benefaction Of The Noble Wizard" reminds me of Wakeman as the organ leads throughout. "Listen To Me" opens with guitar before drums and synths kick in along with bass. Vocals join in and it eventually blends into "Stones To Flowers" where it settles down with vocals and picked guitar.

"Magicking" is led by intricate guitar then we get "The Riddle" where we hear some fiddle along with synths and more. I like this one a lot. "Dream And Premonition" has some powerful atmosphere and it turns experimental and dark before kicking in somewhat.Great stuff ! "Strange Days" is another killer tune. Strummed guitar, flute and vocals lead early. Very cool.Synths after 3 minutes. Drums, organ and guitar follow and check out the passionate backing female vocals. "End Of Days-Epilogue" ends it and what a way to finish ! This is my favourite track and the longest at almost 11 minutes. It's raining as the thunder booms. Church bells and atmosphere follow. A heavy soundscape takes over before 2 minutes. So good.Vocals and more later. The synths rip it up 4 minutes in. Lots of synths as it brightens late.

This is one of the more interesting albums i've listened to this year and a solid 4 stars.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#624665) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Review by Windhawk
4 stars US-based outfit THE PSYCHEDELIC ENSEMBLE appeared more or less out of nowhere in 2009, a one man project whose creator prefers his endeavors in the field of progressive rock to stay anonymous. "The Dream of the Magic Jongleur" is his third full length production and was released in 2011.

The Dream of the Magic Jongleur" is an impressive creation, especially since it has been conceived, developed and recorded by a single person. And while some friends do help out with some details, this is the vision of one man. A man with a strong and deep affection for yesteryear's brand of symphonic progressive rock, and who has tried and, at least to my ears, succeeded in crafting a disc filled with music that should find strong favor among others who share his fascination, in particular for the sophisticated varieties of it.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#754793) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 18, 2012

5 stars Thanks again to Sunhillow and progstreaming.com. Does anyone recognize how lucky we are to have The Psychedelic Ensemble in our lives? Three top notch albums in three years--and all conceived, composed, performed, and produced by one guy! Has there ever been a solo composer/performer who has pro ... (read more)

Report this review (#615932) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Sunday, January 22, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars With so many once-great prog bands releasing an increasing number of disappointing albums, it is a rare treat to find new bands with that "classic prog" sound making fresh and exciting music. One such band, The Psychedelic Ensemble, has been making quite a name for itself lately. This anonymous one- ... (read more)

Report this review (#613526) | Posted by Slamphear | Thursday, January 19, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE PSYCHEDELIC ENSEMBLE "The Dream Of The Magic Jongleur"