CHASING TIME

Buy FATES WARNING Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1995

1. Monument (6:17)
2. The Apparition (5:48)
3. Through different Eyes (4:20)
4. Point of View (4:59)
5. Prelude to Ruin (7:21)
6. Quietus (4:06)
7. Eye to Eye (4:06)
8. Guardian (7:31)
9. At Fates Fingers (Unreleased) (4:46)
10. Silent Cries (3:17)
11. We only say Goodbye (Unrelease) (4:51)
12. Damnation(6:23)
13. Circles (Unreleased) (5:16)
14. The Eleventh Hour (8:53)

A 'best of...' compiled for the FATES WARNING newbie

- Joe DiBiase / bass
- Jim Matheos / guitar
- Mark Zonder / drums
- Victor Arduini / guitar

CD Metal Blade 14085 (1995)

and to mellotron storm for the last updates

FATES WARNING MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FATES WARNING Chasing Time Music

Still Life / Chasing TimeStill Life / Chasing Time
Limited Edition
Metal Blade 2005
Chasing TimeChasing Time
Metal Blade Records 1995

More places to buy FATES WARNING music online Buy FATES WARNING & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FATES WARNING DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FATES WARNING Chasing Time ratings distribution

FATES WARNING Chasing Time reviews

4 stars When I first got into Prog I quickly realized that the local record stores carried very little in the way of Progressive music. So when I saw this FATES WARNING cd I snapped it up not knowing anything about it. It actually was a perfect place for me to start, as it covers their first ten years as a band.The title "Chasing Time" is taken from a song on "Perfect Symmetry". It was through this release that I fell in love with the music of FATES WARNING. Two of the songs were previously unreleased, while four are from the John Arch era and eight are with Ray Adler.

We get started with "Monument" from "Inside Out" and this is one of my favourite songs from the band.There are some atmospheric passages as well as a great instrumental section 3 minutes in that includes some Fripp-like guitar believe it or not. "The Apparition" introduced me to my now favourite vocalist John Arch as we are served up some heavy slabs of ecstacy ! This is a head-bangers delight and check out the vocal melody that Arch is famous for. Awesome tune ! "Through Different Eyes" and the following song "Point Of View" are both from "Parallels". The first has some scorching guitar in it while in the second the guitars just grind away. Nice.These two tunes are both accessible and melodic. Great job from Adler as well. "Prelude To Ruin" has a sinister, SABBATH like vibe to it and check out the riffs ! Incredible vocal melodies and mood shift 7 minutes in. More amazing vocals from Arch. "Quietus" is Adler's turn to let it rip in this heavy as hell song from "No Exit". Fantastic tune !

"Eye To Eye" is another release from "Parallels" while the next one "Guardian" is one of my all time favourite songs from "Awaken The Guardian". It opens with some beautiful acoustic guitar that is stomped into the ground by heavy guitar solos. This one for some reason hits my emotional button. "At Fates Fingers" is a previously unreleased instrumental that makes this album a must have all by itself, it's that good ! This is a guitar driven wonder ! "Silent Cries" from "No Exit" is the first song the whole band actually wrote together. Great vocals, heavy riffs and scorching guitar solos. "We Only Say Goodbye" from "Parallels" is such a beautiful tune. A nice change of pace."Damnation" from their debut opens quietly enough with reserved vocals and acoustic guitar, but that all changes 2 1/2 minutes in as dual lead guitars crash the soundscape. Great song ! "Circles" another previously unreleased song would have fit nicely on the "Parallels" album, it was a demo from 1993. "The Eleventh Hour" another favourite of mine, that compels me to say "Holy Crap !"

I originally gave this 5 stars because I love it so much, but decided that I couldn't give a compilation cd a masterpiece rating. So 4.5 stars it is.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#113894) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 01, 2007

5 stars 5 Star Effort by Progressive Metal outfit. And finally, for those who will not leave the past behind, FORGET JON ARCH. Ray Alder is by far, the higher quality singer than Arch could ever be. Besides, these men have two entirely different styles of singing. Arch did well for the first thre ... (read more)

Report this review (#65826) | Posted by | Saturday, January 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FATES WARNING "Chasing Time"