IMAGINAERUM

Disc 1:

1. Taikatalvi (2:35)
2. Storytime (5:22)
3. Ghost River (5:24)
4. Slow, Love, Slow (5:50)
5. I Want My Tears Back (5:07)
6. Scaretale (7:32)
7. Arabesque (2:52)
8. Turn Loose The Mermaids (4:19)
9. Rest Calm (6:59)
10. The Crow, The Owl And The Dove (4:10)
11. Last Ride Of The Day (4:31)
12. Song Of Myself (13:29)
13. Imaginaerum (6:18)

Disc 2:

1. Taikatalvi (instrumental) (2:35)
2. Storytime (instrumental) (5:22)
3. Ghost River (instrumental) (5:24)
4. Slow, Love, Slow (instrumental) (5:50)
5. I Want My Tears Back (instrumental) (5:07)
6. Scaretale (instrumental) (7:32)
7. Arabesque (instrumental) (2:57)
8. Turn Loose The Mermaids (instrumental) (4:19)
9. Rest Calm (instrumental) (6:59)
10. The Crow, The Owl And The Dove (instrumental) (4:08)
11. Last Ride Of The Day (instrumental) (4:30)
12. Song Of Myself (instrumental) (12:32)
13. Imaginaerum (instrumental) (6:18)

Search NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum lyrics

Search NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum tabs

Anette Olzon - vocals
Tuomas Holopainen - keyboards, piano
Emppu Vuorinen - guitars
Marco Hietala - bass, vocals
Jukka Nevalainen - drums, percussion

Thanks to mamboboy for the addition

NIGHTWISH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum Music

Showtime Storytime (2-cd/2 blu-ray)Showtime Storytime (2-cd/2 blu-ray)
Nuclear Blast America 2013
Century Media 2006
Angels Fall FirstAngels Fall First
Spinefarm Records 2008
Nightwish - Imagenaerum [CD New] US $31.02 Buy It Now 1h
Nightwish - Highest Hopes-The Best Of Nightwish [CD New] US $11.28 Buy It Now 1h 2m
METALLIC EMOTIONS [CD/DVD 2005] NIGHTWISH AMORPHIS SIRENIA EDGUY THUNDERSTONE... US $7.99 [0 bids]
Highest Hopes: The Best of Nightwish by Nightwish (CD, Oct-2006, Century... US $5.99 [0 bids]
As Divine Grace Lumo Supremature 2 CD Rare OOP First Press Nightwish Finland LOT US $39.00 Buy It Now 3h 42m
Nightwish: Century Child (2002) CD OBI TAIWAN US $22.99 Buy It Now 4h 17m
Nightwish Storytime 3-track CD single digipack 2011 new Nuclear Blast Records US $11.70 Buy It Now 6h 26m
Nightwish The Crow The Owl And The Dove new 5-track CD single digipack 2012 US $11.70 Buy It Now 6h 26m
NIGHTWISH POSTER "GHOSTLOVE" LICENSED "BRAND NEW" US $10.51 Buy It Now 6h 59m
Tarot The Spell Of Iron MMXI CD 2011 new & sealed Nightwish Marko Hietala US $6.30 Buy It Now 7h 5m
ELIS griefshire ( female masterpiece ) EPICA nightwish US $7.99 Buy It Now 7h 24m
NIGHTWISH CENTURY CHILD PROMO EMPTY BOX for jewel case cd US $35.00 [0 bids]
Epica - The Road To Paradiso (CD WITH 94 PAGE PHOTOBOOK) NIGHTWISH AFTER FOREVER US $101.30 Buy It Now 9h 38m
HIGHTWISH - HIGHEST HOPES: THE BEST OF NIGHTWISH NEW CD US $20.69 Buy It Now 11h 35m
Nightwish - Dark Passion Play CD WEA/ROADRUNNER US $21.20 Buy It Now 12h 27m
Turunen, Tarja [Nightwish] (37713) 8x10 Photo US $5.63 Buy It Now 13h 9m
Turunen, Tarja [Nightwish] (35441) 8x10 Photo US $5.63 Buy It Now 13h 9m
Turunen, Tarja [Nightwish] (37866) 8x10 Photo US $5.63 Buy It Now 13h 9m
Nightwish - End Of An Era CD NUCLEAR BLAST US $18.22 Buy It Now 13h 11m
Nightwish - Highest Hopes-The Best Of Nightwish CD CENTURY MEDIA US $17.62 Buy It Now 13h 11m
NIGHTWISH Highest Hopes Best Of Greatest Hits CD & DVD NEW US $19.22 Buy It Now 13h 15m
MOON Rec. NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum 2 CD Ukrainian ORIGINAL & INSTRUMENTAL US $21.90 Buy It Now 13h 18m
MOON Rec. NIGHTWISH End of an Era - 2 CD Ukrainian * LIVE Last Concert US $21.90 Buy It Now 13h 21m
MOON Rec. NIGHTWISH Dark Passion Play CD Ukrainian * 2007 NUCLEAR Ukraine US $16.90 Buy It Now 13h 24m
Come Hear. Finland 2008 PROMO 4xCD Nightwish, Hanoi Rocks, Timo Lassy... #77 US $39.99 Buy It Now 13h 24m
MOON Rec. NIGHTWISH Highest Hopes * the Best Of CD Ukrainian NUCLEAR Ukraine US $16.90 Buy It Now 13h 26m
MOON Rec. NIGHTWISH Over the Hills and Far Away CD Ukrainian NUCLEAR Ukraine US $16.90 Buy It Now 13h 28m
MOON Rec. NIGHTWISH Oceanborn CD Ukrainian SPINEFARM Ukraine 1998 US $16.90 Buy It Now 13h 32m
New NIGHTWISH Cloth Poster Flag - Imaginaerum US $8.89 Buy It Now 14h 56m
Nightwish : Century Child CD (2003) US $12.82 Buy It Now 15h 4m
NIGHTWISH LOKIKIRJA 8CD SEALED BOXSET US $15.00 [1 bids]
Century Child [UK Bonus Tracks] by Nightwish (CD, Jul-2002, Universal Import) US $13.00 [0 bids]
16h
Dark Passion Play by Nightwish (CD, 2007, Roadrunner) US $4.00 [0 bids]
Painted patch Nightwish 35 x 40 cm 13.7x15.7 inch. US $19.50 Buy It Now 16h 24m
Painted patch Nightwish 35 x 40 cm 13.7x15.7 inch. US $19.50 Buy It Now 16h 24m
Tarja-What Lies Beneath CD Nightwish Within Temptation Lacuna Coil Epica style US $8.99 Buy It Now 17h 29m
NIGHTWISH - HIGHEST HOPES: THE BEST OF - BONUS DVD (IMPORT) NEW CD US $28.97 Buy It Now 17h 58m
NIGHTWISH-Angels Fall First JAPAN CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 18h 16m
NIGHTWISH (TARJA TURUNEN) original black Vinyl 3LP Box End Of An Era (2006) US $149.99 Buy It Now 18h 29m
NIGHTWISH (TARJA TURUNEN) Picture Vinyl 2LP Angels Fall First (2004) US $89.99 Buy It Now 18h 29m
NIGHTWISH (TARJA TURUNEN) Picture Vinyl 2LP Wishmaster (2004) US $89.99 Buy It Now 18h 29m
EPICA - LIMITED EDITION - CD / DVD CONSIGN TO OBLIVION - Delain - Nightwish US $12.50 [5 bids]
SIRENIA Perils ... BIG POSTER Xandria/Nightwish/Lacuna Coil/Delain/Within/Tarja US $4.99 Buy It Now 18h 49m
EDENBRIDGE Bonding Official BIG POSTER !!! Nightwish/Lacuna Coil/Delain/Sirenia US $6.66 Buy It Now 18h 49m
Taiwan 2-CD w/OBI Nightwish Showtime Storytime Jansen Marco Hietala ReVamp Floor US $24.99 Buy It Now 19h 5m
Nightwish - Wishmaster (2003) US $1.59 [1 bids]
NIGHTWISH - BYE BYE BEAUTIFUL (New & Sealed) Rock CD Single Inc 3 Non Album Trac US $3.20 Buy It Now 19h 17m
Nightwish - Dark Passion Play (2007) US $1.67 [2 bids]
Nightwish Showtime, Storytime new 2 X LP sealed record WHITE 2013 vinyl 075/100 US $80.00 Buy It Now 19h 37m
Nightwish - Highest Hopes (The Best Of) US $12.00 Buy It Now 19h 41m
Nightwish - Storytime (Single) (Digi) US $7.00 Buy It Now 19h 42m
NIGHTWISH - Over The Hills And Far Away *2LP 180 GRAM AUDIOPHILE BLUE VINYL* US $60.00 Buy It Now 20h
Made In Hong Kong (And Various Other Places) by Nightwish (CD, Mar-2009, 2... US $8.99 Buy It Now 20h 4m
Century Child by Nightwish (CD, Sep-2003, Century Media (USA)) US $3.00 [0 bids]
Nightwish - Wishmaster (2007) CD QUALITY CHECKED & FAST FREE P&P US $9.63 Buy It Now 20h 24m
WITHIN TEMPTATION Hydra, FULLY SIGNED Sharon den Adel Nightwish Ayreon AUTOGRAPH US $149.99 Buy It Now 20h 36m
Nightwish Memory Box 3 CD Box Set Century's Child / Bless The Child US $4.36 [3 bids]
"Shine" CD - Anette Olzon rare NIGHTWISH Within Temptation - Gothic Female Metal US $4.99 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH"Angels Fall First"1997 CD BY Spinefarm Rec-2 HOLE PUCHES ON BARCODE US $10.00 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH "WISH BOX" LIMITED BOXSET EDITION , tarja US $99.00 [0 bids]
Tarja Colours in the dark - SEALED Box set / Nightwish US $74.99 Buy It Now 22h 50m
NIGHTWISH angels fell GIANT BACK PATCH - 36 x 29 cms US $9.57 Buy It Now 22h 54m
Spell of Iron MMXI * TAROT CD ( NIGHTWISH MEMBERS) FREE SHIPPING US $9.99 Buy It Now 23h 5m
Nightwish Eva /# SPI 310CD 171897-8 US $56.66 Buy It Now 23h 42m
Nightwish The Siren /Club promo CD US $26.66 Buy It Now 23h 45m
NIGHTWISH - END OF AN ERA NEW CD US $21.41 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish - Maximum Nightwish CD. The Unauthorised Biography of Nightwish US $10.00 [0 bids]
Nightwish - Wishmaster KOREA CD *SEALED* OBI US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dark Passion Play - Nightwish New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $16.89 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH Century Child CD +Bonus Tracks NEW US $11.18 Buy It Now 1 day
Showtime, Storytime NIGHTWISH 2 CD SET ( FREE SHIPPING ) US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
nightwish - nemo cd single digipack sealed new US $11.75 Buy It Now 1 day
TARJA COLOURS IN THE DARK NIGHTWISH SPLATTER VINYL SEALED LP US $65.00 Buy It Now 1 day
TARJA FALLING AWAKE NIGHTWISH MARBLE VINYL LIMITED 824/1000 RARE 10" SINGLE US $65.00 Buy It Now 1 day
TAROT-THE SPELL OF IRON MMXI-CD-heavy-power-metal-sinergy-nightwish-warmath US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Within Temptation ?- The Silent Force Tour 2 DVD + CD, Nightwish, Epica US $17.00 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH - IMAGINAERUM - NEW CD ALBUM US $19.28 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH - ONCE - NEW CD ALBUM US $19.28 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH - DARK PASSION PLAY - NEW CD ALBUM US $19.28 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH - Dark Passion Play - 2007 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.24 Buy It Now 1 day
nightwish - the crow,the owl and the dove cd single new/*sealed US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish-2006 magazine advert US $8.02 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish - Imaginaerum (2CD DELUXE EDITION) KOREA 2CD *SEALED* US $16.90 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH Showtime Storytime LP 16 Track Limited Edition Double Album In Gatefol US $32.79 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH-SHOW TIME STORY TIME-JAPAN 2 SHM-CD BONUS TRACK I50 zd US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish-Once (2004 MOON Records, Rare Ukraine Version) US $1.99 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH / NEW COLLECTION / BEST TRACKS ??? ? ??? NEW ?????? CD 2008 ????? US $9.50 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH/TARJA - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF 1) US $16.00 Buy It Now 1 day
TUOMAS HOLOPAINEN-LIFE & TIMES OF SCROOGE-2LP WHITE VINYL-300 ONLY-NIGHTWISH US $50.87 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH OVER THE HILLS AND FAR AWAY , BLUE 12" VINYL, symphonic metal, tarja US $56.82 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH Wish I Had An Angel 4 Track MAXI CD Germany 2004 US $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH Amaranth 3 Track MAXI CD Germany 2007 NB 1926-2 US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy NIGHTWISH music online Buy NIGHTWISH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NIGHTWISH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum ratings distribution

NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars It's really an excellent symphonic metal album!

WOW! Man ..... I think the four years in waiting after their Dark Passion Play album in 2007 is worth. Nightwish has just released Imaginaerum as their seventh studio album on the 30th of November 2011. I was not quite following to what the band was up to during the making of this seminal album but from the net I found that the album is a concept album as said by Tuomas in an interview telling the story of an old composer on his deathbed, reminiscing of his youth. What an interesting storyline. Well, it's not for Tuomas only, it's for me personally as I had a dream when I was childhood that I wanted to be a composer of great prog music. What I meant at that time was that I wanted to make a music as great as Gates of Delirium (Yes) or Supper's Ready (Genesis) or Tarkus (ELP). But unfortunately,.....life told me another lesson that the better way to be a composer was to give that job to other people and I would just enjoy and review the music .....

The album was produced alongside the movie of the same name, directed by Stobe Harju, who previously directed Nightwish's "The Islander" music video, and the album and the film share the same themes and general story. The first single off the album, "Storytime" was released on November 9 and quickly topped the Finnish single charts. Imaginaerum was certified 2x Platinum in Finland on the day of its release, with more than 50,000 copies sold.

Solid composition

When I talk about prog, I think this album has little measure on it. But, I will have a look more on how the composition has been crafted by the band. First off, I think this album has a quite strong and sometimes memorable, in some segments, in terms of tagline melody. From the opening track of Taikatalvi that sets the overall tone of the album, sung in Finnish, has successfully demonstrated clear direction on the musical side. It flows naturally to other tracks in nice melody. In terms of harmony, the album demonstrates great combination of all instruments and orchestration they play. For the metal fans, the music may sound awkward as the guitar sound is not quite dominating the solo part of the music. In terms of tempo and style changes there are many that I can feel throughout the album. The album lacks complexities as most of the tracks do not provide challenges to the listeners. They music just flow beautifully even if you do not like prog music at all. It's quite an easy listening music, I believe. In terms of structural integrity - this album proves that they are the masters of music making as the overall structure of the music is solid and cohesive - it supports the storyline, really.

I have been playing this album many times, I think more than 5 times and everytime I play, I always play it in its entirety. Only when the album reaches track 7 Arabesque, I always play another round again because I love this instrumental piece. Actually, not only that, the music sounds nice really as right after the opening track they play Storytime which has up tempo style, performed in simple melodic metal style. The continuation to Ghost River happens beautifully with excellent orchestration. The female vocal performs nicely with clear voice. I don't feel anything diminishing with her vocal quality compared to previous singer, Tarja Turunen. Yes, the vocal style is different, but it still fits with Nightwish music. It's a great transition that the band was able to manage well. The orchestration work is really great. I even love their previous album Dark Passion Play.

The music turns slow and melodic with Slow, Love, Slow and then returns back into up tempo with a poppy stuff I Want My Tears Back. There is no reason for not liking this easy to digest and energetic track. Scaretale is a melodic power metal track with great orchestration and guitar riffs. I always love the combination of guitar riffs and string orchestra. In some musical breaks the orchestra sounds really powerful and captivating. Arabesque is a masterpiece orchestral work - the most favorite track for me. Turn Loose The Mermaids demonstrates great vocal work combined wonderfully with acoustic guitar, woodwind and string section. It's really a melancholic track.

Rest Calm brings the music into medium tempo style followed with thin guitar riffs and grandiose orchestra. This time male vocal takes part followed with nice female vocal. I love the flow of this track - it's really cool. The Crow, The Owl And The Dove is a mellow track with duet vocals. Last Ride Of The Day is really a wonderful composition with grandiose orchestration followed with another great track Song Of Myself . The album concludes with a reprise section in instrumental version - performed in orchestra fashion.

I do not need to conclude this wonderfully crafted album. It's a masterpiece symphonic metal album - 4.5 stars.

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#595867) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 25, 2011

4 stars I have been looking forward for the release of this record with mixed feelings for quite a while. I really adored the band's last bombastic, diversified and impressive output "Dark Passion Play" and was intrigued by this new record, its concept and the upcoming movie in relation to this release w ... (read more)

Report this review (#808896) | Posted by kluseba | Thursday, August 23, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars By way of introduction I have to say that Nightwish with "Imaginaerum" took a step to the new level and this release is something more than just symphonic metal.Probably the best nightwish album .I said:"an album" but it is actually a soundtrack to the film or something like theater play. Th ... (read more)

Report this review (#681069) | Posted by Emej | Saturday, March 24, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NIGHTWISH "Imaginaerum"