IMAGINAERUM

Disc 1:

1. Taikatalvi (2:35)
2. Storytime (5:22)
3. Ghost River (5:24)
4. Slow, Love, Slow (5:50)
5. I Want My Tears Back (5:07)
6. Scaretale (7:32)
7. Arabesque (2:52)
8. Turn Loose The Mermaids (4:19)
9. Rest Calm (6:59)
10. The Crow, The Owl And The Dove (4:10)
11. Last Ride Of The Day (4:31)
12. Song Of Myself (13:29)
13. Imaginaerum (6:18)

Disc 2:

1. Taikatalvi (instrumental) (2:35)
2. Storytime (instrumental) (5:22)
3. Ghost River (instrumental) (5:24)
4. Slow, Love, Slow (instrumental) (5:50)
5. I Want My Tears Back (instrumental) (5:07)
6. Scaretale (instrumental) (7:32)
7. Arabesque (instrumental) (2:57)
8. Turn Loose The Mermaids (instrumental) (4:19)
9. Rest Calm (instrumental) (6:59)
10. The Crow, The Owl And The Dove (instrumental) (4:08)
11. Last Ride Of The Day (instrumental) (4:30)
12. Song Of Myself (instrumental) (12:32)
13. Imaginaerum (instrumental) (6:18)

Search NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum lyrics

Search NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum tabs

Anette Olzon - vocals
Tuomas Holopainen - keyboards, piano
Emppu Vuorinen - guitars
Marco Hietala - bass, vocals
Jukka Nevalainen - drums, percussion

Thanks to mamboboy for the addition

NIGHTWISH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum Music

ImaginaerumImaginaerum
Roadrunner Records 2012
Dark Passion PlayDark Passion Play
Roadrunner Records 2007
OnceOnce
Roadrunner Records 2004
Showtime Storytime (2-cd/2 blu-ray)Showtime Storytime (2-cd/2 blu-ray)
Nuclear Blast America 2013
Highest Hopes: The Best of NightwishHighest Hopes: The Best of Nightwish
Century Media 2006
Jihad by Otep ,Arch enemy,Sirena,Nightwish,Kittie,Metal, US $5.00 [0 bids]
42m 56s
TARJA TURUNEN MY WINTER STORM SEALED CD NEW NIGHTWISH US $5.70 Buy It Now 1h 32m
NIGHTWISH - CD 24 Carat Gold Disc - ONCE US $179.42 Buy It Now 1h 51m
NIGHTWISH - Ltd Edition CD 24 Carat Gold Disc - IMAGINAERUM US $179.42 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Annette Olzon (Nightwish): Shine (CD 2014) US $5.99 [1 bids]
1997-2001 by Nightwish (CD, Jun-2003, Spinefarm) US $40.00 Buy It Now 3h 59m
NIGHTWISH : ONCE CD (2001) US $10.00 Buy It Now 4h 9m
NIGHTWISH: IMAGINAERUM CD NEW 2011 US $28.13 Buy It Now 4h 20m
NIGHTWISH - MADE IN HONG KONG. AND IN VARIOUS OTHER PLACES /CD+DVD/ NEW 2009 US $17.13 Buy It Now 4h 27m
THE GATHERING SUPERHEAT G/F 2LP BLACK VINYL 2013 sentenced anathema nightwish US $27.99 Buy It Now 4h 29m
The Gallery "Dreamscapes" CD Symphonic Gothic Metal Lacrimosa Nightwish US $2.50 [0 bids]
Stream Of Passion - A War Of Our Own +2 Japan CD+obi, Epica,Nightwish,Edenbridge US $22.99 Buy It Now 6h 46m
Nightwish - Dark Passion Play (Tour Edition) US $20.00 [0 bids]
Nightwish 1997-2001 box set US $50.00 [0 bids]
Nightwish - Dark Passion Play (LP Vinyl 2 disc) NEW US $59.00 Buy It Now 8h 6m
Dark Passion Play: Collector's Edition [Limited] by Nightwish (CD, Oct-2007,... US $4.99 [0 bids]
Tarja (Nightwish) - Victim Of Ritual CD Single (CD) (Digipak) US $9.77 Buy It Now 8h 31m
NIGHTWISH IMAGINAERUM SEALED CD NEW 2012 US $5.04 Buy It Now 8h 37m
TARJA TURUNEN Greatest Hits CD Live Concert DVD Digipak BOX BEST Nightwish NEW US $16.99 Buy It Now 9h 15m
"Shine" CD - Anette Olzon rare NIGHTWISH Within Temptation - Gothic Female Metal US $5.99 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH - HIGHEST HOPES: BEST OF NIGHTWISH NEW CD US $29.10 Buy It Now 10h 30m
Nightwish - Nemo 4 Track CD Single Incl Video US $8.00 Buy It Now 10h 56m
Nightwish- Once WHITE colored 180gm vinyl record LP SEALED Tarja Epica Evergrey US $66.00 Buy It Now 11h 43m
NIGHTWISH**SHOWTIME, STORYTIME**2 CD + 2 BLU-RAY SET US $28.95 Buy It Now 12h 9m
Nightwish Lokikirja 8CD Boxset US $20.00 [1 bids]
NIGHTWISH Dark Passion Play OZ CD 2007 US $13.37 Buy It Now 15h 49m
NIGHTWISH "WISH BOX" LIMITED BOXSET EDITION , tarja US $99.00 [0 bids]
TARJA Turunen-COLOURS IN THE DARK-MEGA RARE ADVANCE PROMO CD-Nightwish-#ed DISC US $24.99 [1 bids]
1997 - 2001 Nightwish Finnish CD Album Box Set SPI150CD SPINEFARM RECORDS 2001 US $79.84 Buy It Now 18h 58m
NIGHTWISH - IMAGINAERUM, ORG 2012 JAPAN 2CD + OBI, NEW - SEALED! US $49.99 Buy It Now 20h 46m
NIGHTWISH The crow, the owl and the dove CD LIMITED DIJIPACK VERSION US $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 4m
Nightwish - Wishmaster (Digi. Ed.) ~ MINT (Tarja Within Temptation Symphonic) US $6.26 [0 bids]
Nightwish - Over The Hills & Far Away 2x BLUE COLOURED vinyl Within Temptation US $40.70 Buy It Now 21h 21m
Tarot - THE SPELL OF IRON MMXI red vinyl LP album Nightwish excellent condition US $15.50 Buy It Now 22h 14m
Nightwish - Oceanborn (NEW CD) US $12.22 Buy It Now 22h 54m
Ayreon ?- The Human Equation ~ MINT (Opeth Dream Theater Nightwish Avantasia) US $5.36 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH - AMARANTH (IMPORT) NEW CD US $19.19 Buy It Now 23h 49m
NIGHTWISH - HIGHEST HOPES: THE BEST OF NIGHTWISH [602498700587] - NEW CD US $6.46 Buy It Now 1 day
WITHIN TEMPTATION "France temptation"Rare cd 2001,The Gathering,Nightwish US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Highest Hopes: The Best of Nightwish by Nightwish (CD, Jun-2012, Universal... US $24.36 Buy It Now 1 day
Angels Fall First by Nightwish (CD, Jun-2012, Universal Music) US $24.36 Buy It Now 1 day
Century Child by Nightwish (CD, Jun-2012, Universal Music) US $24.74 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH-HIGHEST HOPES-JAPAN SHM-CD E50 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SALE! Metal/Rock "Nightwish" Anette Olzon Signed 10x8 Photo US $32.61 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW - Wishmaster by Nightwish US $8.98 Buy It Now 1 day
@ CD After Forever - s/t NUCLEAR BLAST 2007 SS NIGHTWISH FLOOR JANSEN US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WISHMASTER BY NIGHTWISH (CD) US $20.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish: End Of An Era DVD collection US $25.00 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH century child JAPAN CD TFCK-87287 w/ Bonus Track TARJA US $20.00 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH SHOWTIME STORYTIME 2014 Taiwan w/obi 2-CD New Live US $22.79 Buy It Now 1 day
ANETTE OLZON Shine Digipak CD 2014 NEW & SEALED Nightwish US $12.49 Buy It Now 1 day
ALL ENDS a Road To Depression (epica,indica , nightwish US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH "OVER THE HILLS AND FAR AWAY 180gr BLUE VINYL 2 LP NEW US $40.76 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish Nemo Pt. 1 Single CD 2004 Release 4 Tracks + Photo Gallery US $9.99 [0 bids]
Tarot - THE SPELL OF IRON MMXI red vinyl LP album Nightwish mint sealed US $21.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Stratovarius Nemesis Double Vinyl Gatefold With Poster Nightwish Sonata Arctica US $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Stratovarius Intermission Double Pic. Vinyl Gatefold Nightwish Sonata Arctica US $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH-SHOWTIME, STORYTIME-JAPAN 2 DVD N50 US $65.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Stratovarius Elements Pt II Vinyl Gatefold Nightwish Sonata Arctica US $44.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Stratovarius Polaris Vinyl Gatefold Nightwish Sonata Arctica US $44.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Stratovarius Elysium Vinyl Gatefold Nightwish Sonata Arctica US $44.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH-SHOWTIME, STORYTIME-JAPAN 2 CD + 2 DVD BONUS TRACK V00 US $97.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Stratovarius Same Picture Vinyl 1st edition Nightwish Sonata Arctica US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Stratovarius Infinite Picture Vinyl 1st edition Nightwish Sonata Arctica US $54.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish - PICTURES, POSTERS, ARTICLES, NEWS. Great for any fan. US $6.51 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH - IMAGINAERUM [8711264847264] - NEW CD US $15.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish - Imaginaerum (2013) CD LIMITED EDITION INCL. POSTER-NEW -FREEPOST US $26.08 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH - HIGHEST HOPES: THE BEST OF - NEW DVD BOXSET US $14.67 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH -OVER THE HILLS- 2 LP VINYL SET/ IMPORT NEW SEALED US $25.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish - Maximum Nightwish CD. The Unauthorised Biography of Nightwish US $10.00 [0 bids]
1997-2001 by Nightwish (4 CD set, Jun-2003, Spinefarm) US $19.99 [0 bids]
SYMPHONY X - V - CD Avantasia Nightwish Helloween Blind Guardian Edguy US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish ONCE CD + 2 Bonus Tracks 2004 Roadrunner Rock Symphonic Metal VGC US $11.18 Buy It Now 1 day
Tarja Turunen - ACT 1( NIGHTWISH ) 2 DVD ]LIVE Symphonic US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish Dark Passion Play Collectors Edition LIKE NEW 2CD Set Symphonic Metal US $14.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Macbeth - Malae Artes CD Cultus Sanguine Lacuna Coil Nightwish IX Opera Astarte US $1.99 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH CENTURY CHILD SPECIAL UKR. EDITION MOON RECORDS US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TAROT To Live Again RARE JAPAN CD OBI XRCN-1199 Nightwish Sinergy US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
~ NIGHTWISH - OCEANBORN ~ MUSIC CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
VISIONS OF ATLANTIS-CAST AWAY + 1 BNS-DIGI-nightwish US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum CD 2 (LIMITED EDITION 2 CD set + POSTER US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE Radio PROMO audio CD - NIGHTWISH Once * PHONO Rec. / MOON PROMOTIONAL US $25.52 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH - SHOWTIME STORYTIME (+DVD) NEW CD US $37.51 Buy It Now 1 day
Imaginaerum 2 CD SET NIGHTWISH (FREE SHIPPING) US $11.87 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH X 4 CD Platinum Discs-DARK PASSION PLAY ,IMAGINAERUM,CENTURY CHILD + 1 US $562.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish - Highest Hopes-The Best Of Nightwish CD UNIVERSAL US $25.10 Buy It Now 2 days
NIGHTWISH - ONCE [LIMITED EDITION] - NEW CD US $14.71 Buy It Now 2 days
Nightwish: Amaranth 2 CD Set 2007 Nuclear Blast Germany NB 1925-0 Gatefold Case US $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Nightwish Over The Hills And Far Away(Limited Numbered 2 x 180g Blue Vinyl) US $35.87 Buy It Now 2 days
NIGHTWISH-MADE IN HONG KONG-JAPAN SHM-CD E50 US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
NIGHTWISH - IMAGINAERUM (SPECIAL) NEW CD US $27.99 Buy It Now 2 days
NIGHTWISH - IMAGINAERUM NEW CD US $23.23 Buy It Now 2 days
NIGHTWISH-END OF AN ERA CD NEW US $17.62 Buy It Now 2 days
NIGHTWISH**OVER HILLS AND FAR AWAY (LIMITED ED/180 G/GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $29.91 Buy It Now 2 days
WITHIN TEMPTATION Hydra CD new ( Nightwish Lacunacoil Epica ) bonus Tracks US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
METALLICA Fu Manchu CRADLE OF FILTH Primus NIGHTWISH Shadows Fall PROMO CD 2004 US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy NIGHTWISH music online Buy NIGHTWISH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NIGHTWISH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum ratings distribution

NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars It's really an excellent symphonic metal album!

WOW! Man ..... I think the four years in waiting after their Dark Passion Play album in 2007 is worth. Nightwish has just released Imaginaerum as their seventh studio album on the 30th of November 2011. I was not quite following to what the band was up to during the making of this seminal album but from the net I found that the album is a concept album as said by Tuomas in an interview telling the story of an old composer on his deathbed, reminiscing of his youth. What an interesting storyline. Well, it's not for Tuomas only, it's for me personally as I had a dream when I was childhood that I wanted to be a composer of great prog music. What I meant at that time was that I wanted to make a music as great as Gates of Delirium (Yes) or Supper's Ready (Genesis) or Tarkus (ELP). But unfortunately,.....life told me another lesson that the better way to be a composer was to give that job to other people and I would just enjoy and review the music .....

The album was produced alongside the movie of the same name, directed by Stobe Harju, who previously directed Nightwish's "The Islander" music video, and the album and the film share the same themes and general story. The first single off the album, "Storytime" was released on November 9 and quickly topped the Finnish single charts. Imaginaerum was certified 2x Platinum in Finland on the day of its release, with more than 50,000 copies sold.

Solid composition

When I talk about prog, I think this album has little measure on it. But, I will have a look more on how the composition has been crafted by the band. First off, I think this album has a quite strong and sometimes memorable, in some segments, in terms of tagline melody. From the opening track of Taikatalvi that sets the overall tone of the album, sung in Finnish, has successfully demonstrated clear direction on the musical side. It flows naturally to other tracks in nice melody. In terms of harmony, the album demonstrates great combination of all instruments and orchestration they play. For the metal fans, the music may sound awkward as the guitar sound is not quite dominating the solo part of the music. In terms of tempo and style changes there are many that I can feel throughout the album. The album lacks complexities as most of the tracks do not provide challenges to the listeners. They music just flow beautifully even if you do not like prog music at all. It's quite an easy listening music, I believe. In terms of structural integrity - this album proves that they are the masters of music making as the overall structure of the music is solid and cohesive - it supports the storyline, really.

I have been playing this album many times, I think more than 5 times and everytime I play, I always play it in its entirety. Only when the album reaches track 7 Arabesque, I always play another round again because I love this instrumental piece. Actually, not only that, the music sounds nice really as right after the opening track they play Storytime which has up tempo style, performed in simple melodic metal style. The continuation to Ghost River happens beautifully with excellent orchestration. The female vocal performs nicely with clear voice. I don't feel anything diminishing with her vocal quality compared to previous singer, Tarja Turunen. Yes, the vocal style is different, but it still fits with Nightwish music. It's a great transition that the band was able to manage well. The orchestration work is really great. I even love their previous album Dark Passion Play.

The music turns slow and melodic with Slow, Love, Slow and then returns back into up tempo with a poppy stuff I Want My Tears Back. There is no reason for not liking this easy to digest and energetic track. Scaretale is a melodic power metal track with great orchestration and guitar riffs. I always love the combination of guitar riffs and string orchestra. In some musical breaks the orchestra sounds really powerful and captivating. Arabesque is a masterpiece orchestral work - the most favorite track for me. Turn Loose The Mermaids demonstrates great vocal work combined wonderfully with acoustic guitar, woodwind and string section. It's really a melancholic track.

Rest Calm brings the music into medium tempo style followed with thin guitar riffs and grandiose orchestra. This time male vocal takes part followed with nice female vocal. I love the flow of this track - it's really cool. The Crow, The Owl And The Dove is a mellow track with duet vocals. Last Ride Of The Day is really a wonderful composition with grandiose orchestration followed with another great track Song Of Myself . The album concludes with a reprise section in instrumental version - performed in orchestra fashion.

I do not need to conclude this wonderfully crafted album. It's a masterpiece symphonic metal album - 4.5 stars.

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#595867) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 25, 2011

4 stars I have been looking forward for the release of this record with mixed feelings for quite a while. I really adored the band's last bombastic, diversified and impressive output "Dark Passion Play" and was intrigued by this new record, its concept and the upcoming movie in relation to this release w ... (read more)

Report this review (#808896) | Posted by kluseba | Thursday, August 23, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars By way of introduction I have to say that Nightwish with "Imaginaerum" took a step to the new level and this release is something more than just symphonic metal.Probably the best nightwish album .I said:"an album" but it is actually a soundtrack to the film or something like theater play. Th ... (read more)

Report this review (#681069) | Posted by Emej | Saturday, March 24, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NIGHTWISH "Imaginaerum"