IMAGINAERUM

Disc 1:

1. Taikatalvi (2:35)
2. Storytime (5:22)
3. Ghost River (5:24)
4. Slow, Love, Slow (5:50)
5. I Want My Tears Back (5:07)
6. Scaretale (7:32)
7. Arabesque (2:52)
8. Turn Loose The Mermaids (4:19)
9. Rest Calm (6:59)
10. The Crow, The Owl And The Dove (4:10)
11. Last Ride Of The Day (4:31)
12. Song Of Myself (13:29)
13. Imaginaerum (6:18)

Disc 2:

1. Taikatalvi (instrumental) (2:35)
2. Storytime (instrumental) (5:22)
3. Ghost River (instrumental) (5:24)
4. Slow, Love, Slow (instrumental) (5:50)
5. I Want My Tears Back (instrumental) (5:07)
6. Scaretale (instrumental) (7:32)
7. Arabesque (instrumental) (2:57)
8. Turn Loose The Mermaids (instrumental) (4:19)
9. Rest Calm (instrumental) (6:59)
10. The Crow, The Owl And The Dove (instrumental) (4:08)
11. Last Ride Of The Day (instrumental) (4:30)
12. Song Of Myself (instrumental) (12:32)
13. Imaginaerum (instrumental) (6:18)

Search NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum lyrics

Search NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum tabs

Anette Olzon - vocals
Tuomas Holopainen - keyboards, piano
Emppu Vuorinen - guitars
Marco Hietala - bass, vocals
Jukka Nevalainen - drums, percussion

Thanks to mamboboy for the addition

NIGHTWISH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum Music

Roadrunner Records 2012
Import · Limited Edition
Nuclear Blast Int'l 2012
Trails Of Imaginaerum (Limited Edition)Trails Of Imaginaerum (Limited Edition)
Single
Roadrunner Records 2012
Vinyl$8.98
NUCLEAR BLAST INT'L 2012
Nuclear Blast Int'l 2013
Imaginaerum by NightwishImaginaerum by Nightwish
Nuclear Blast Int'l
Imaginaerum by Roadrunner Records (2012-01-10)Imaginaerum by Roadrunner Records (2012-01-10)
Roadrunner Records (2012-01-10)
Trials of ImaginaerumTrials of Imaginaerum
Scene nation
Vinyl$14.99
Nightwish - Imaginaerum (2CD Limited Deluxe Edition)Nightwish - Imaginaerum (2CD Limited Deluxe Edition)
Loen

NIGHTWISH "IMAGINAERUM" 2 LP BLACK VINYL SYMPHONIC METAL NEW+ USD $32.72 Buy It Now 23h 25m
Imaginaerum - Tour Edition with Poste... Nightwish GER 2 CD (Double CD) USD $22.23 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish-Imaginaerum (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $10.22 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH-IMAGINAERUM VINYL LP NEW USD $42.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish Imaginaerum Used CD USD $7.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish, Imaginaerum, Excellent USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Nightwish - Imaginaerum [Limited Edition] [Limited] (CD, Feb-2013, 2 Discs) USD $8.49 Buy It Now 3 days
NEW Imaginaerum By Nightwish (DVD) USD $23.08 Buy It Now 3 days
NIGHTWISH - IMAGINAERUM 2 VINYL LP NEW+ USD $30.09 Buy It Now 3 days
NIGHTWISH IMAGINAERUM ORCHESTRAL G/F BLACK 2LP + POSTER 2012 086/150 SEALED USD $59.99 Buy It Now 3 days
NIGHTWISH IMAGINAERUM SEALED CD NEW 2012 USD $5.63 Buy It Now 3 days
NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum CD ( brand new masterpiece) USD $7.19 Buy It Now 3 days
NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum 2011 double CD album 2 CD Limited Edition MINT/EX USD $10.16 Buy It Now 5 days
Imaginaerum by Nightwish. USD $20.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Imaginaerum - Nightwish LP USD $43.43 Buy It Now 5 days
NIGHTWISH - IMAGINAERUM LIMITED DELUXE EDITION 2CD KOREA EDITION SEALED USD $23.99 Buy It Now 5 days
NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum the score CD USD $8.09 Buy It Now 6 days
NIGHTWISH - IMAGINAERUM - CD USD $16.94 Buy It Now 6 days
Imaginaerum by Nightwish (CD, Feb-2012) USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $15.99 Buy It Now
Nightwish: Imaginaerum - Deluxe Edition (2011) 2CD OBI TAIWAN DIGIPACK USD $20.98 Buy It Now 6 days
IMAGINAERUM Nightwish (LTD 250 BLU-RAY METAL BOX) Within Temptation Epica Delain USD $199.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Trials Of Imaginaerum Nightwish RSD 10" LIMITED EDITION USD $15.46 Buy It Now 7 days
NIGHTWISH IMAGINAERUM 2 CD CD X 2 NEW USD $8.95 Buy It Now 7 days
NIGHTWISH IMAGINAERUM 2 CD DELUXE CD X 2 NEW USD $11.02 Buy It Now 7 days
NIGHTWISH IMAGINAERUM CD NEW USD $5.78 Buy It Now 7 days
Nightwish - Imaginaerum (2CD DELUXE EDITION) KOREA 2CD *SEALED* USD $16.90 Buy It Now 7 days
2 CD + DVD Nightwish - Imaginaerum Limted Deluxe Tour Edition 2012 NEW USD $22.21 Buy It Now 8 days
NIGHTWISH - Imaginaerum - NTSC MOVIE DVD !!!! RELEASED FOR AMERICA NTSC USD $9.89 Buy It Now 8 days
Nightwish / Imaginaerum JAPAN 2CD 1ST PRESS!!!!! A USD $39.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Trails Of Imaginaerum - Nightwish (2012, Vinyl) Picture Disc (Record Store Day) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Nightwish / Imaginaerum (2CD DELUXE EDITION) NEW sealed USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
NIGHTWISH - IMAGINAERUM MOVIE SCORE LOGO - OFFICIAL TEXTILE POSTER / FLAG USD $11.43 Buy It Now 10 days
Imaginaerum the Score Nightwish CD USD $16.16 Buy It Now 10 days
Imaginaerum The Score - Nightwish (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.16 Buy It Now 10 days
NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum CD BRAND NEW USD $13.23 Buy It Now 10 days
Imaginaerum, Nightwish, New USD $20.98 Buy It Now 11 days
NIGHTWISH - IMAGINAERUM CD 13 TRACKS NEW+ USD $21.38 Buy It Now 11 days
NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum VINYL LP - Anette Olzon Tuomas Holopainen Autograph SIGNED USD $239.99 Buy It Now 11 days
NIGHTWISH - IMAGINAERUM BY NIGHTWISH-THE SCORE CD 13 TRACKS HEAVY METAL NEW+ USD $22.25 Buy It Now 11 days
NIGHTWISH "IMAGINAERUM" 2 CD+DVD TOUR EDITION SYMPHONIC METAL++++++++++NEW+ USD $37.71 Buy It Now 11 days
Nightwish - Imaginaerum - The Score - Limited (NEW CD) USD $14.92 Buy It Now 11 days
Imaginaerum - Nightwish Compact Disc USD $20.35 Buy It Now 12 days
Imaginaerum by Nightwish. USD $18.90 Buy It Now 12 days
Nightwish / Imaginaerum JAPAN 2CD 1ST PRESS NEW!!!!!!!! T-A2 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Imaginaerum - Nightwish 016861766627 (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.15 Buy It Now 14 days
Nightwish-Imaginaerum (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $12.13 Buy It Now 15 days
** NIGHTWISH | IMAGINAERUM - THE SCORE | 2 CD | DIGIPAK CASE ** USD $9.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Imaginaerum [Special Edition] [Digipak] by Nightwish (CD, Jan-2012, 2 Discs,... USD $13.97 Buy It Now 15 days
Nightwish - Imaginaerum- [CD New] USD $15.80 Buy It Now 15 days
Imaginaerum- - Nightwish (CD Used Very Good) Special ED. USD $13.84 Buy It Now 15 days
Nightwish Imaginaerum The Score 2012 Limited POSTER Edition BRAND NEW SEALED CD USD $19.05 Buy It Now 15 days
Imaginaerum by Nightwish (DVD) USD $10.82 Buy It Now 15 days
Nightwish Imaginaerum 2 CD Original & Instrumental - NEW USD $13.97 Buy It Now 15 days
NIGHTWISH IMAGINAERUM SEALED 2 CD SET NEW USD $8.12 Buy It Now 16 days
NIGHTWISH-Trails of Imaginaerum-Vinyl LP 10" Picture Disc-Brand New-Still Sealed USD $26.06 Buy It Now 16 days
NIGHTWISH - IMAGINAERUM 2 CD DIGIPACK LIMITED EDT NEW+ USD $15.76 Buy It Now 17 days
NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum 2 CD USD $9.89 Buy It Now 17 days
Nightwish-Imaginaerum The Score (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $13.40 Buy It Now 17 days
Nightwish-Imaginaerum (UK IMPORT) CD with DVD NEW USD $18.64 Buy It Now 17 days
Nightwish - Trails Of Imaginaerum Picture Disc [Vinyl New] USD $15.21 Buy It Now 18 days
Trails Of Imaginaerum - Nightwish (Vinyl Used Very Good) Picture Disc USD $15.64 Buy It Now 18 days
NIGHTWISH IMAGINAERUM BRAND NEW SEALED CD 2012 USD $10.11 Buy It Now 19 days
NIGHTWISH IMAGINAERUM DELUXE EDITION BRAND NEW SEALED 2 CD SET USD $16.21 Buy It Now 19 days
Nightwish - Imaginaerum (Limited Edition, 2013) USD $31.76 Buy It Now 20 days
Trails of Imaginaerum [VINYL] Nightwish Vinyl USD $26.69 Buy It Now 20 days
Nightwish Imaginaerum , Ltd 180g clear vinyl TARJA lp (12-INCH)SYMPHONIC METAL USD $141.08 Buy It Now 20 days
Nightwish Trials of Imaginaerum EP Limited 10" PICTURE DISC Vinyl NEW RSD 2012 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Imaginaerum by Nightwish (CD, Jan-2012, Roadrunner Records) USD $20.54 Buy It Now 20 days
Nightwish - Imaginaerum Tour (NEW 2CD+DVD) USD $20.32 Buy It Now 21 days
IMAGINAERUM BY NIGHTWISH (CD) USD $22.80 Buy It Now 22 days
NIGHTWISH Trials Of Imaginaerum 10" EP 2012 Roadrunner Picture Disc RSD LTD ED USD $13.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Nightwish - Imaginaerum The Score [CD New] USD $13.16 Buy It Now 22 days
Imaginaerum - Nightwish 8712725722267 (CD Used Very Good) USD $7.30 Buy It Now 22 days
@ CD NIGHTWISH - IMAGINAERUM / NUCLEAR BLAST 2011 / FEMALE FRONTED METAL FINLAND USD $9.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Imaginaerum (special Edition) - Nightwish New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shippin USD $23.22 Buy It Now 22 days
Nightwish-Imaginaerum CD CD Very Good USD $7.29 Buy It Now 22 days
Nightwish-Imaginaerum CD CD Very Good USD $7.77 Buy It Now 22 days
NIGHTWISH - IMAGINAERUM -THE SCORE (LIMITED EDITION) CD 13 TRACKS METAL NEW+ USD $25.02 Buy It Now 23 days
Nightwish - Out 05.12. Imaginaerum - A4 Photo Print USD $3.80 Buy It Now 23 days
Imaginaerum (Tour Edition 2cd+dvd) Nightwish Audio CD USD $23.64 Buy It Now 23 days
Imaginaerum - 2 DISC SET - Nightwish (2012, CD New) USD $14.89 Buy It Now 23 days
Nightwish - Imaginaerum [CD New] USD $12.92 Buy It Now 23 days
Nightwish - Imaginaerum [CD New] USD $11.15 Buy It Now 23 days
Nightwish - Imaginaerum (CD) Russia USD $29.50 Buy It Now 23 days
IMAGINAERUM by Nightwish - Limited Collector Mailorder Edition - Bluray - Sealed USD $199.95 Buy It Now 24 days
Imaginaerum - 2 DISC SET - Nightwish (2012, CD New) 8712725722267 USD $11.15 Buy It Now 25 days
Nightwish - Imaginaerum [CD New] USD $9.30 Buy It Now 25 days
NIGHTWISH-IMAGINAERUM (ARG) CD NEW USD $29.32 Buy It Now 26 days
Imaginaerum [Special Edition] [Digipak] by Nightwish. USD $21.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Imaginaerum By Nightwish [DVD] [Import] USD $46.19 Buy It Now 26 days
Nightwish-Imaginaerum CD with DVD NEW USD $30.02 Buy It Now 26 days
CD NIGHTWISH "IMAGINAERUM -LTD DIGI-". New and sealed USD $15.04 Buy It Now 26 days
Trials Of Imaginaerum- Nightwish- 10" Picture Disc USD $14.99 Buy It Now 27 days
NIGHTWISH IMAGINAERUM DELUXE EDITION SEALED 2 CD SET NEW USD $12.40 Buy It Now 27 days
Imaginaerum (The Score) Nightwish Audio CD USD $38.76 Buy It Now 27 days
NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum 2 x Vinyl LP 2012 (26 Tracks) Gatefold Sleeve NEW USD $29.17 Buy It Now 27 days
NIGHTWISH - IMAGINAERUM (SPECIAL EDITION) - 2-CD SET USD $21.94 Buy It Now 28 days
Nightwish Trials Of Imaginaerum Record Store Day 10" Vinyl Demos New Sealed USD $27.00 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy NIGHTWISH music online Buy NIGHTWISH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum ratings distribution

NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars It's really an excellent symphonic metal album!

WOW! Man ..... I think the four years in waiting after their Dark Passion Play album in 2007 is worth. Nightwish has just released Imaginaerum as their seventh studio album on the 30th of November 2011. I was not quite following to what the band was up to during the making of this seminal album but from the net I found that the album is a concept album as said by Tuomas in an interview telling the story of an old composer on his deathbed, reminiscing of his youth. What an interesting storyline. Well, it's not for Tuomas only, it's for me personally as I had a dream when I was childhood that I wanted to be a composer of great prog music. What I meant at that time was that I wanted to make a music as great as Gates of Delirium (Yes) or Supper's Ready (Genesis) or Tarkus (ELP). But unfortunately,.....life told me another lesson that the better way to be a composer was to give that job to other people and I would just enjoy and review the music .....

The album was produced alongside the movie of the same name, directed by Stobe Harju, who previously directed Nightwish's "The Islander" music video, and the album and the film share the same themes and general story. The first single off the album, "Storytime" was released on November 9 and quickly topped the Finnish single charts. Imaginaerum was certified 2x Platinum in Finland on the day of its release, with more than 50,000 copies sold.

Solid composition

When I talk about prog, I think this album has little measure on it. But, I will have a look more on how the composition has been crafted by the band. First off, I think this album has a quite strong and sometimes memorable, in some segments, in terms of tagline melody. From the opening track of Taikatalvi that sets the overall tone of the album, sung in Finnish, has successfully demonstrated clear direction on the musical side. It flows naturally to other tracks in nice melody. In terms of harmony, the album demonstrates great combination of all instruments and orchestration they play. For the metal fans, the music may sound awkward as the guitar sound is not quite dominating the solo part of the music. In terms of tempo and style changes there are many that I can feel throughout the album. The album lacks complexities as most of the tracks do not provide challenges to the listeners. They music just flow beautifully even if you do not like prog music at all. It's quite an easy listening music, I believe. In terms of structural integrity - this album proves that they are the masters of music making as the overall structure of the music is solid and cohesive - it supports the storyline, really.

I have been playing this album many times, I think more than 5 times and everytime I play, I always play it in its entirety. Only when the album reaches track 7 Arabesque, I always play another round again because I love this instrumental piece. Actually, not only that, the music sounds nice really as right after the opening track they play Storytime which has up tempo style, performed in simple melodic metal style. The continuation to Ghost River happens beautifully with excellent orchestration. The female vocal performs nicely with clear voice. I don't feel anything diminishing with her vocal quality compared to previous singer, Tarja Turunen. Yes, the vocal style is different, but it still fits with Nightwish music. It's a great transition that the band was able to manage well. The orchestration work is really great. I even love their previous album Dark Passion Play.

The music turns slow and melodic with Slow, Love, Slow and then returns back into up tempo with a poppy stuff I Want My Tears Back. There is no reason for not liking this easy to digest and energetic track. Scaretale is a melodic power metal track with great orchestration and guitar riffs. I always love the combination of guitar riffs and string orchestra. In some musical breaks the orchestra sounds really powerful and captivating. Arabesque is a masterpiece orchestral work - the most favorite track for me. Turn Loose The Mermaids demonstrates great vocal work combined wonderfully with acoustic guitar, woodwind and string section. It's really a melancholic track.

Rest Calm brings the music into medium tempo style followed with thin guitar riffs and grandiose orchestra. This time male vocal takes part followed with nice female vocal. I love the flow of this track - it's really cool. The Crow, The Owl And The Dove is a mellow track with duet vocals. Last Ride Of The Day is really a wonderful composition with grandiose orchestration followed with another great track Song Of Myself . The album concludes with a reprise section in instrumental version - performed in orchestra fashion.

I do not need to conclude this wonderfully crafted album. It's a masterpiece symphonic metal album - 4.5 stars.

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Review by Prog Leviathan
4 stars Nightwish does a great job blending hard-hitting guitar riffs, entertaining compositions, choral arrangements, and symphonic instrumentation into a solid and approachable metal package. Imaginaerum is many things, and maybe tries to achieve too much during its running time, but pulls it off stylishly and memorably. It's all good, occasionally great, and sometimes excellent. Most appealing of all is the fact this group is doing something unique within a genre dominated by guitar-led soloists and men who sound like women.

The album opens with the winding of a music box which grows to an ever more lush and dynamic overture. It evokes sort of a sweeping orchestral feel that captures the imagination. And then the chugging begins. We're brought into the first real song "Storytime," an upbeat, energetic and riff-fueled rocker that has trombones blasting out hits alongside the drumming, and violins accompanying the female vocals, and epic walls of choir sound. There's a bit of cheese in there, but the overall effect is very enjoyable, and Nightwish does an outstanding job of giving the orchestra and choir something to do besides just support the band. In fact, I don't recall a single guitar or keyboard solo throughout the entire album. Heresy!

As things continue we're given moments of hard and heavy metal, folksy balladry, epic percussive moments, and emotive vocals. There is a lot of variety to be found here, a nice welcome compared to the typical prog metal fare. Here's a few examples:

"Slow, Love, Slow" is a mellow and lush ballad that has has a jazz-club feel, with brushed drum work and trumpets blowing away in the background. What a surprise, considering that the track before had harsh, throaty guitar riffing.

"Scaretale" is one of the better metal songs. It has a bouncy and stylish tone that makes it feel like something from an early Tim Burton film. It's heavy, quirky, and filled with hooks. Yeah it's a little silly, but the combination of vocalists and styles works well.

"Arabesque" is probably one of the standout tracks. It's an instrumental with an eastern flair that builds and builds and builds to a massive percussion finale that completely grabs hold of you.

"Turn Loose the Mermaids" begins with thoughtful balladry with acoustic flutes and piano that accompany the vocals... and then all the sudden we shift into the drums, violins, and trumpet fanfare of a spaghetti western. No I'm not kidding, and yes it is as fun as it sounds.

In being objective its safe to say that Imaginaerum will appeal to some more than others, but if you're interest in heavy music fronted by a first-rate female vocalist, or are a prog metal fan interested in something that stands out uniquely in a sea of Dream Theater soundalikes, this album comes highly recommended.

Songwriting: 4 - Instrumental Performances: 3 - Lyrics/Vocals: 3 - Style/Emotion/Replay: 4

Review by kenethlevine
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog-Folk Team
4 stars Every once in a great while a prog metal album earns my attention and eventually affection if not outright obsession. If I was to sketch out a template for an exemplary specimen in this sub genre, it would exclude growls but include male and female vox; be melodramatic and highly visual; juxtapose crunchy riffs with light catchy melodies; and of course include some concession to the folk idiom. It would sound a lot like "Imaginaerum" by NIGHTWISH. Of all these characteristics, it's their ability to transition over the top, even operatic vocals, heavy guitars and symphonic orchestration to tunes reminiscent of childhood nursery rhymes that completely wins me over. This deliberate lapse into nostalgia marks the fulfilment of the concept, and is just plain entertaining as well. It begins with the breathless "Storytime" and is eclipsed by the Celtified "I want my tears back", resuming on the schizophrenic "Rest Calm" and capped on the frenetic "Last Ride of the Day". Along the way are several more even tempered pieces like the languid jazzy "Slow Love Slow", the gorgeous "Turn Loose the Mermaids" and the even more sensitive "The Crow, The Owl and the Dove". At times the feverishness threatens to dampen the forehead, as in "Ghost River" and "Scaretale", but this remains a compelling work of the imagination that has also found a significant following in the prog world and beyond.

4 stars I have been looking forward for the release of this record with mixed feelings for quite a while. I really adored the band's last bombastic, diversified and impressive output "Dark Passion Play" and was intrigued by this new record, its concept and the upcoming movie in relation to this release w ... (read more)

Report this review (#808896) | Posted by kluseba | Thursday, August 23, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars By way of introduction I have to say that Nightwish with "Imaginaerum" took a step to the new level and this release is something more than just symphonic metal.Probably the best nightwish album .I said:"an album" but it is actually a soundtrack to the film or something like theater play. Th ... (read more)

Report this review (#681069) | Posted by Emej | Saturday, March 24, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NIGHTWISH "Imaginaerum"