IMAGINAERUM

Disc 1:

1. Taikatalvi (2:35)
2. Storytime (5:22)
3. Ghost River (5:24)
4. Slow, Love, Slow (5:50)
5. I Want My Tears Back (5:07)
6. Scaretale (7:32)
7. Arabesque (2:52)
8. Turn Loose The Mermaids (4:19)
9. Rest Calm (6:59)
10. The Crow, The Owl And The Dove (4:10)
11. Last Ride Of The Day (4:31)
12. Song Of Myself (13:29)
13. Imaginaerum (6:18)

Disc 2:

1. Taikatalvi (instrumental) (2:35)
2. Storytime (instrumental) (5:22)
3. Ghost River (instrumental) (5:24)
4. Slow, Love, Slow (instrumental) (5:50)
5. I Want My Tears Back (instrumental) (5:07)
6. Scaretale (instrumental) (7:32)
7. Arabesque (instrumental) (2:57)
8. Turn Loose The Mermaids (instrumental) (4:19)
9. Rest Calm (instrumental) (6:59)
10. The Crow, The Owl And The Dove (instrumental) (4:08)
11. Last Ride Of The Day (instrumental) (4:30)
12. Song Of Myself (instrumental) (12:32)
13. Imaginaerum (instrumental) (6:18)

Search NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum lyrics

Search NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum tabs

Anette Olzon - vocals
Tuomas Holopainen - keyboards, piano
Emppu Vuorinen - guitars
Marco Hietala - bass, vocals
Jukka Nevalainen - drums, percussion

Thanks to mamboboy for the addition

NIGHTWISH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum Music

Roadrunner Records 2004
Century ChildCentury Child
Extra tracks · Import
Universal Import 2002
Showtime Storytime (2-cd/2 blu-ray)Showtime Storytime (2-cd/2 blu-ray)
Nuclear Blast America 2013
Limited Edition · Import
Nuclear Blast Int'l 2012
Highest Hopes: The Best of NightwishHighest Hopes: The Best of Nightwish
Century Media 2006
METALLIC EMOTIONS [CD/DVD 2005] NIGHTWISH AMORPHIS SIRENIA EDGUY THUNDERSTONE... US $7.99 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH Dark Passion Play OZ CD 2007 US $13.09 Buy It Now 2h 57m
AFTER FOREVER - AFTER FOREVER CD digi epica nightwish within temptation US $10.99 Buy It Now 6h 28m
THE GATHERING SUPERHEAT G/F 2LP BLACK VINYL 2013 sentenced anathema nightwish US $27.99 Buy It Now 7h 27m
NIGHTWISH The crow, the owl and the dove CD LIMITED DIJIPACK VERSION US $6.99 Buy It Now 8h 12m
Nightwish - Over The Hills & Far Away 2x BLUE COLOURED vinyl Within Temptation US $36.94 Buy It Now 9h 25m
Nightwish Tarja Turunen My Winter Storm 2LP Vinyl Set - WHITE WAX - STILL SEALED US $199.00 Buy It Now 9h 41m
Nightwish 1997-2001 box set US $50.00 [0 bids]
Nightwish - Dark Passion Play (Tour Edition) US $20.00 [0 bids]
Nightwish - Oceanborn (NEW CD) US $12.06 Buy It Now 10h 2m
NIGHTWISH - AMARANTH (IMPORT) NEW CD US $18.79 Buy It Now 11h 7m
NIGHTWISH - HIGHEST HOPES: THE BEST OF NIGHTWISH [602498700587] - NEW CD US $22.09 Buy It Now 12h 8m
Highest Hopes: The Best of Nightwish by Nightwish (CD, Jun-2012, Universal... US $24.91 Buy It Now 13h 22m
Angels Fall First by Nightwish (CD, Jun-2012, Universal Music) US $24.91 Buy It Now 13h 22m
Century Child by Nightwish (CD, Jun-2012, Universal Music) US $25.39 Buy It Now 13h 22m
NIGHTWISH-HIGHEST HOPES-JAPAN SHM-CD E50 US $23.50 Buy It Now 13h 50m
NEW - Wishmaster by Nightwish US $8.44 Buy It Now 14h 49m
@ CD After Forever - s/t NUCLEAR BLAST 2007 SS NIGHTWISH FLOOR JANSEN US $12.99 Buy It Now 15h 24m
WISHMASTER BY NIGHTWISH (CD) US $20.50 Buy It Now 15h 45m
ANETTE OLZON Shine Digipak CD 2014 NEW & SEALED Nightwish US $12.49 Buy It Now 18h 31m
AMORPHIS Am universum G/F LP Green Vinyl 2013 anathema in flames opeth nightwish US $33.99 [0 bids]
AMORPHIS Am universum G/F LP 2013 anathema in flames opeth nightwish sentenced US $31.99 [0 bids]
AMORPHIS Tuonela G/F LP 2013 anathema my dying bride in flames opeth nightwish US $31.99 [0 bids]
ALL ENDS a Road To Depression (epica,indica , nightwish US $7.99 Buy It Now 19h 32m
NIGHTWISH "OVER THE HILLS AND FAR AWAY 180gr BLUE VINYL 2 LP NEW US $40.23 Buy It Now 19h 41m
Stratovarius Nemesis Double Vinyl Gatefold With Poster Nightwish Sonata Arctica US $39.99 Buy It Now 21h 8m
Stratovarius Intermission Double Pic. Vinyl Gatefold Nightwish Sonata Arctica US $49.99 Buy It Now 21h 27m
Stratovarius Elements Pt II Vinyl Gatefold Nightwish Sonata Arctica US $39.99 Buy It Now 21h 41m
Stratovarius Polaris Vinyl Gatefold Nightwish Sonata Arctica US $44.99 Buy It Now 21h 46m
Stratovarius Elysium Vinyl Gatefold Nightwish Sonata Arctica US $39.99 Buy It Now 21h 51m
NIGHTWISH-SHOWTIME, STORYTIME-JAPAN 2 DVD N50 US $65.50 Buy It Now 21h 57m
Stratovarius Same Picture Vinyl 1st edition Nightwish Sonata Arctica US $34.99 Buy It Now 22h 14m
Stratovarius Infinite Picture Vinyl 1st edition Nightwish Sonata Arctica US $44.99 Buy It Now 22h 18m
NIGHTWISH-SHOWTIME, STORYTIME-JAPAN 2 CD + 2 DVD BONUS TRACK V00 US $97.99 Buy It Now 22h 23m
NIGHTWISH - IMAGINAERUM [8711264847264] - NEW CD US $15.98 Buy It Now 22h 50m
Nightwish - 1997-2001 (4 CD Box Set 2007) US $51.50 Buy It Now 23h 14m
Nightwish - Imaginaerum (2013) CD LIMITED EDITION INCL. POSTER-NEW -FREEPOST US $19.30 Buy It Now 23h 16m
SYMPHONY X - V - CD Avantasia Nightwish Helloween Blind Guardian Edguy US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Within Temptation - Hydra CD + bonus tracks ( epica nightwish) US $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish ONCE CD + 2 Bonus Tracks 2004 Roadrunner Rock Symphonic Metal VGC US $10.94 Buy It Now 1 day
Tarja Turunen - ACT 1( NIGHTWISH ) 2 DVD ]LIVE Symphonic US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish Dark Passion Play Collectors Edition LIKE NEW 2CD Set Symphonic Metal US $14.44 Buy It Now 1 day
TAROT To Live Again RARE JAPAN CD OBI XRCN-1199 Nightwish Sinergy US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
VISIONS OF ATLANTIS-CAST AWAY + 1 BNS-DIGI-nightwish US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE Radio PROMO audio CD - NIGHTWISH Once * PHONO Rec. / MOON PROMOTIONAL US $31.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish - Bye Bye Beautiful ( CD ) NEW / SEALED US $4.43 Buy It Now 1 day
Imaginaerum 2 CD SET NIGHTWISH (FREE SHIPPING) US $11.55 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH - SHOWTIME STORYTIME (+DVD) NEW CD US $36.73 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH X 4 CD Platinum Discs-DARK PASSION PLAY ,IMAGINAERUM,CENTURY CHILD + 1 US $555.38 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish - Poster US $12.86 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH - ONCE [LIMITED EDITION] - NEW CD US $16.55 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH "BALLADS OF THE ECLIPSE" CD / DVD DIGIPACK DRAKKAR US $29.99 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH "EVA" RADIO PROMO CD 2 TRACKS US $24.99 [1 bids]
NIGHTWISH "SLEEPING SUN" 3 TRACKS SPINEFARM SINGLE US $29.99 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH "SLEEPING SUN" DVD SPINEFARM US $24.99 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH "THE CARPENTER" SINGLE SPINEFARM PLUS 2 BONUSTRACKS US $59.99 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH "STORYTIME" LIMITED 10" SINGLE CLEAR VINYL ONLY 250 UNITS WORLDWIDE!!! US $24.99 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH "CENTURY CHILD" PROMO CD CARDBOARD SLEEVE US $59.99 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH "OVER THE HILLS AND FAR AWAY" SIGNEDBY ALL MEMBERS CD / DVD DIGIPACK US $39.99 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH "THE CROW, THE OWL AND THE DOVE" LIMITED CLEAR SINGLE 250 UNITS ONLY US $24.99 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH "BLESS THE CHILD" SINGLE US $24.99 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH "DARK PASSION PLAY" PROMO CD CARDBOARD SLEEVE US $24.99 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH "CENTURY CHILD" DOUBLE CD SPINEFARM US $39.99 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH "1997-2001" LIMITED BOXSET EDITION US $59.99 [0 bids]
Nightwish: Amaranth 2 CD Set 2007 Nuclear Blast Germany NB 1925-0 Gatefold Case US $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH SHOWTIME STORYTIME 2014 Taiwan w/obi 2-CD New Live US $22.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish?- Dark Passion Play 2CD -2007- 1st edition digipak NM/M/M US $19.99 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH-MADE IN HONG KONG-JAPAN SHM-CD E50 US $23.50 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH - IMAGINAERUM (SPECIAL) NEW CD US $27.40 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH-END OF AN ERA CD NEW US $17.62 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish CD Album Angels Fall First US $6.42 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH**OVER HILLS AND FAR AWAY (LIMITED ED/180 G/GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $29.91 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH - IMAGINAERUM NEW CD US $22.74 Buy It Now 1 day
WITHIN TEMPTATION Hydra CD new ( Nightwish Lacunacoil Epica ) bonus Tracks US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
.Sale. Metal/Rock "Nightwish" Anette Olzon Signed 10x8 Photo US $32.18 Buy It Now 1 day
METALLICA Fu Manchu CRADLE OF FILTH Primus NIGHTWISH Shadows Fall PROMO CD 2004 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish: Made in Hong Kong (and in Various Other Places), Nightwish, New US $17.40 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH from wishes to eternity AT THE HILLS FAR AWAY DVD + CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
OVERDREAM - NAVIGATOR CD Bombastic Hungarian Symphonic Metal like old Nightwish US $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH Dark Passion Play - 26 tr. 2007 Double CD w/ instrumental bonus album US $24.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightwish - IMAGINAERUM ltd 2x dark blue vinyl LP album 150 copies only UNPLAYED US $45.07 Buy It Now 1 day
~ NIGHTWISH - OCEANBORN ~ MUSIC CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH Highest Hopes Album Sampler 2005 UK / EURO collectors CD issue US $28.00 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH storytime CD single promo 2011 Nuclear Blast ?- NB 2844-2 US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
TARJA Left In The Dark ( NIGHTWISH ) CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TARJA Beauty and the Beat 2 CD ( Nightwish ) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum SPECIAL EDITION 2x CD Set SEALED NEW US $21.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Imagenaerum - Nightwish New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $41.39 Buy It Now 2 days
NIGHTWISH OVER THE HILLS AND FAR AWAY 2X VINYL PD PICTURE DISC SEALED US $32.88 [0 bids]
NIGHTWISH-PATCH ORIGINAL FINLAND POWER METAL CULT RARE US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Nightwish - Over The Hills And NEW CD US $16.40 Buy It Now 2 days
DREAMS OF SANITY - Komodia CD ( Nightwish Lacuna Coil ) US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Nightwish - 1997-2001 Box Set (CD Mint) US $44.47 [0 bids]
Macbeth - Malae Artes CD Cultus Sanguine Lacuna Coil Nightwish IX Opera Astarte US $1.99 [0 bids]
Imaginaerum NIGHTWISH CD ( FREE SHIPPING) US $10.66 Buy It Now 2 days
Nightwish Classic Metal Symphonic Kitee t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy NIGHTWISH music online Buy NIGHTWISH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NIGHTWISH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum ratings distribution

NIGHTWISH Imaginaerum reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars It's really an excellent symphonic metal album!

WOW! Man ..... I think the four years in waiting after their Dark Passion Play album in 2007 is worth. Nightwish has just released Imaginaerum as their seventh studio album on the 30th of November 2011. I was not quite following to what the band was up to during the making of this seminal album but from the net I found that the album is a concept album as said by Tuomas in an interview telling the story of an old composer on his deathbed, reminiscing of his youth. What an interesting storyline. Well, it's not for Tuomas only, it's for me personally as I had a dream when I was childhood that I wanted to be a composer of great prog music. What I meant at that time was that I wanted to make a music as great as Gates of Delirium (Yes) or Supper's Ready (Genesis) or Tarkus (ELP). But unfortunately,.....life told me another lesson that the better way to be a composer was to give that job to other people and I would just enjoy and review the music .....

The album was produced alongside the movie of the same name, directed by Stobe Harju, who previously directed Nightwish's "The Islander" music video, and the album and the film share the same themes and general story. The first single off the album, "Storytime" was released on November 9 and quickly topped the Finnish single charts. Imaginaerum was certified 2x Platinum in Finland on the day of its release, with more than 50,000 copies sold.

Solid composition

When I talk about prog, I think this album has little measure on it. But, I will have a look more on how the composition has been crafted by the band. First off, I think this album has a quite strong and sometimes memorable, in some segments, in terms of tagline melody. From the opening track of Taikatalvi that sets the overall tone of the album, sung in Finnish, has successfully demonstrated clear direction on the musical side. It flows naturally to other tracks in nice melody. In terms of harmony, the album demonstrates great combination of all instruments and orchestration they play. For the metal fans, the music may sound awkward as the guitar sound is not quite dominating the solo part of the music. In terms of tempo and style changes there are many that I can feel throughout the album. The album lacks complexities as most of the tracks do not provide challenges to the listeners. They music just flow beautifully even if you do not like prog music at all. It's quite an easy listening music, I believe. In terms of structural integrity - this album proves that they are the masters of music making as the overall structure of the music is solid and cohesive - it supports the storyline, really.

I have been playing this album many times, I think more than 5 times and everytime I play, I always play it in its entirety. Only when the album reaches track 7 Arabesque, I always play another round again because I love this instrumental piece. Actually, not only that, the music sounds nice really as right after the opening track they play Storytime which has up tempo style, performed in simple melodic metal style. The continuation to Ghost River happens beautifully with excellent orchestration. The female vocal performs nicely with clear voice. I don't feel anything diminishing with her vocal quality compared to previous singer, Tarja Turunen. Yes, the vocal style is different, but it still fits with Nightwish music. It's a great transition that the band was able to manage well. The orchestration work is really great. I even love their previous album Dark Passion Play.

The music turns slow and melodic with Slow, Love, Slow and then returns back into up tempo with a poppy stuff I Want My Tears Back. There is no reason for not liking this easy to digest and energetic track. Scaretale is a melodic power metal track with great orchestration and guitar riffs. I always love the combination of guitar riffs and string orchestra. In some musical breaks the orchestra sounds really powerful and captivating. Arabesque is a masterpiece orchestral work - the most favorite track for me. Turn Loose The Mermaids demonstrates great vocal work combined wonderfully with acoustic guitar, woodwind and string section. It's really a melancholic track.

Rest Calm brings the music into medium tempo style followed with thin guitar riffs and grandiose orchestra. This time male vocal takes part followed with nice female vocal. I love the flow of this track - it's really cool. The Crow, The Owl And The Dove is a mellow track with duet vocals. Last Ride Of The Day is really a wonderful composition with grandiose orchestration followed with another great track Song Of Myself . The album concludes with a reprise section in instrumental version - performed in orchestra fashion.

I do not need to conclude this wonderfully crafted album. It's a masterpiece symphonic metal album - 4.5 stars.

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#595867) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 25, 2011

4 stars I have been looking forward for the release of this record with mixed feelings for quite a while. I really adored the band's last bombastic, diversified and impressive output "Dark Passion Play" and was intrigued by this new record, its concept and the upcoming movie in relation to this release w ... (read more)

Report this review (#808896) | Posted by kluseba | Thursday, August 23, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars By way of introduction I have to say that Nightwish with "Imaginaerum" took a step to the new level and this release is something more than just symphonic metal.Probably the best nightwish album .I said:"an album" but it is actually a soundtrack to the film or something like theater play. Th ... (read more)

Report this review (#681069) | Posted by Emej | Saturday, March 24, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NIGHTWISH "Imaginaerum"