THIRTY YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B

7. Behind Blue Eyes
8. Won't Get Fooled Again
9. The Seeker [Edit]
10. Bony Maronie [Live]
11. Let's See Action (Nothing Is Everything)
12. Join Together

- Roger Daltry / vocals
- John Entwistle / bass, horns, vocals
- Kenney Jones / drums

4CD Polydor/MCA (1994)

Thanks to Evolver for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE WHO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WHO Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B Music

Live at LeedsLive at Leeds
Remastered · Extra tracks
Mca 1995
SELENA GOMEZ & the Scene Who Says REPEATED 3 Times PROMO DJ CD single USA 2011 US $14.99 Buy It Now 32m 8s
RODNEY SAULSBERRY - WHO DO YOU LOVE 7" VINYL US $10.18 Buy It Now 33m 19s
The spy who Loved Me Motion Picture LP Record album US $12.74 Buy It Now 33m 32s
THE WHO LOT OF 15 LP's-10 ALBUMS;5 R 2 LP SETS. ALL LP's VG+ TO EX+ NICE LOT US $89.99 [0 bids]
35m 59s
Soul 45 Lloyd Price - Who Coulda' Told You (They Lied) / Just Call Me (And I'Ll US $5.00 Buy It Now 36m 21s
Soul 45 Lloyd Price - Just Call Me (And I'Ll Understand) / Who Coulda' Told 7" 3 US $5.00 Buy It Now 36m 21s
CHARLY McCLAIN WHO'S CHEATIN WHO (EXC) US $2.00 [0 bids]
37m 40s
JELLYBEAN-a-(45 W/PIC.SLEEVE)-WHO FOUND WHO/THE REAL THING PART II-CHRYSALIS-'87 US $7.99 Buy It Now 38m 6s
HEAR IT BLUEGRASS COUNTRY Banks and Shane Who Is It? US $31.50 Buy It Now 38m 35s
INNER SLEEVE ONLY-BEATLES-WHO-DYLAN-STONES-TMOQ-TSP-RSD-BOX-COLOR-SEALED-LP-45// US $14.99 [0 bids]
40m 6s
The Who THE WHO SELL OUT 180g AUDIOPHILE New Sealed Vinyl LP US $22.50 [0 bids]
41m 32s
42m 4s
Who Am I? Red Sovine~NEW~SEALED~1969 Country~Starday ST 93077~FAST SHIPPING!!! US $12.95 Buy It Now 42m 32s
CONCERT FOR PEOPLE KAMPUCHEA 8 track tape McCartney Clash Queen Who US $18.88 Buy It Now 43m 54s
WHO - The Kids Are Alright 2CD MINI LP OBI US $18.99 Buy It Now 44m 16s
Who Knew, Pt. 2 [Australian Single] by P!nk (CD, May-2006) US $4.99 [0 bids]
44m 41s
NEW RIDERS PURPLE SAGE Who Are Those Guys? LP Vinyl VG++ Cover VG+ 1977 MCA US $4.99 Buy It Now 44m 56s
ROCKIN' STRINGS (Blueberry Hill / Who's Sorry Now) POP 45 RPM RECORD US $8.00 Buy It Now 45m 5s
Soul 45 Edwin Starr He Who Picks a Rose / War on Gordy US $5.00 Buy It Now 46m 9s
Soul 45 DETROIT EMERALDS I BET YOU GET THE ONE (WHO LOVES YOU) / WEAR THIS RING US $5.00 Buy It Now 46m 9s
Soul 45 Fats Domino - Just A Lonely Man / Who Cares On Abc-Paramount 7" 5 US $5.00 Buy It Now 46m 9s
the barron knights - we know who done it - cars part 1 - 7" vinyl single US $25.48 Buy It Now 47m 44s
SAPPHIRES Oh So Soon bw Who Do You Love 45 rpm vinyl record Swan S 4162 W US $14.99 Buy It Now 47m 47s
OUR FATHERS WHO AREN'T IN HEAVEN 2 x LP Rollins Lydia Lunch Hubert Selby Bajema US $23.99 Buy It Now 48m 3s
8 TRACK TAPE THE WHO THE BEST OF THE WHO(TESTED) US $5.50 Buy It Now 49m 34s
RAHEEM DEVAUGHN-GUESS WHO LOVES YOU MORE 3-VERSION U.S PROMO CD C13 # US $14.47 Buy It Now 49m 41s
HEATHER HEADLEY - THIS IS WHO I AM (CD) sealed / sent from UK US $11.88 Buy It Now 49m 58s
(189J) The Eye Jab, Who Still Believe in Love - DJ CD US $5.08 Buy It Now 50m 16s
CD The Who BBC Sessions US $7.64 Buy It Now 50m 17s
MARK KNOPFLER the lash laugh / who's your baby now NEW OLD STOCK 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 50m 40s
TOBY KEITH courtesy of the red white blue / who's your daddy NEW OLD STOCK 45 US $15.00 Buy It Now 50m 40s
DENISE LASALLE married but not to each other / who's the fool vinyl 45 US $24.00 Buy It Now 50m 41s
The Main Ingrediant- Who Can I Turn To/ RCA Victor/ Reggae 7" US $13.58 Buy It Now 51m 51s
Rock Promo NM! 45 The Guess Who Glamour Boy / Glamour Boy on RCA US $5.00 Buy It Now 51m 57s
Madonna / Who's That Girl Record and sleeve US $6.00 Buy It Now 52m 51s
The WHO-Live at Leeds Deluxe 40th Anniversary Ultimate Collectors Edition US $185.00 Buy It Now 54m 30s
Black Ivory 45 "Spinning Around / Find The One Who Loves You" ~ Today US $8.99 Buy It Now 57m 2s
Who Let The Dogs Out? - Baha Men (July 2000, Artemis Records) US $0.99 Buy It Now 57m 39s
B.B KING guess who LP VG+ ABCX 759 Vinyl 1972 Record US $24.00 Buy It Now 57m 44s
URBAN HEROES---WHO SAID US $5.00 [0 bids]
59m 30s
Megadeth - Peace Sells... But Who's Buying (Remastered & Expanded) CD US $11.03 Buy It Now 59m 33s
Judy Collins 1968 Gatefold LP Playtested EKS-74033 Who Knows Where The Time Goes US $5.98 Buy It Now 59m 40s
Who I Am by Alan Jackson (CD, Jun-1994, Arista US $9.99 Buy It Now 59m 47s
KUBELIK JANACEK DIARY OF ONE WHO VANISHED DGG RED STEREO PROMO US $9.99 [0 bids]
1h
THE SAPPHIRES - WHO DO YOU LOVE - VG 45 RPM SWAN RECORD 1964 NORTHERN SOUL US $40.00 Buy It Now 1h
GEORGE HAMILTON IV - WHO'S TAKING YOU TO THE PROM 7" US $8.48 Buy It Now 1h
FOLK/ Cindy Lee Berryhill - Who's Gonna Save The World? (LP) US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
GENE VINCENT "Bluejean Bop/Who Slapped John" CAPITOL 3558 E! US $29.88 [8 bids]
Jeri-Q - Who's Taking You Home / It's The Law - 1979 promo E+ 12" Single US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Rock Promo 45 Redbone - Who Can Say? / Light As A Feather On Epic US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Rock Promo 45 The Guess Who - Guns, Guns, Guns / Guns, Guns, Guns On Rca US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Rock Promo 45 THE GUESS WHO GLAMOUR BOY / GLAMOUR BOY on RCA US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Rock Promo 45 The Guess Who - Glamour Boy / Glamour Boy On Rca US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Rock Promo 45 Robert John Children in the Making / Who Could Ever Believe It on US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
THE WHO 45 Call Me Lightning / Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde - NM US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Charlie Ventura-Red Rodney/Who's Sorry Now-The Man I Love/Black US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
ROGER DALTREY SELF TITLED VINYL LP SOLO GATE-FOLD TRACK 1973 THE WHO US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
BOBBY PORTER-NEVER KNOW WHO YOUR FRIENDS ARE/WORKING 45 US $40.98 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Lifehouse Who We Are 2007 CD Alternative Rock Music Album Brand New US $22.08 Buy It Now 1h 5m
THE WHO---SEE ME FEEL ME/OVERTURE FROM TOMMY US $6.00 [0 bids]
The Who - Who Are You LP US $27.00 [0 bids]
THE SPY WHO LOVED ME Bond 007 Original Soundtrack '77 Marvin Hamlisch VG++/EX LP US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Rock NM! 45 The Who Athena / Athena on Warner Bros. Records US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Murray Gold - Doctor Who Series 4 Otvst NEW CD US $17.56 Buy It Now 1h 8m
The "You Know Who"Group First Album (w/open shrink)International 1A420 US $45.00 [0 bids]
(AL969) Futures, The Boy Who Cried Wolf - DJ CD US $5.08 Buy It Now 1h 9m
WHO The Relay/Wasp Man Vinyl 7" 45 CANADA Track Record US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Who - Who's Next 2-CD Deluxe Edition US $18.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Who's Who in Jazz JAZZ ALL STARS Vol 1 1977 lp blues US $7.79 Buy It Now 1h 14m
WHO 5:15/Water 7" 45 SPAIN Pic Sleeve Polydor US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
WHO Relay/Waspman Vinyl 7" 45 SPAIN Pic Sleeve US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
The Who - Who's Next Japanese Pressing Polydor 23MM069 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Murder By Death - Who Will Survive And What Will NEW CD US $12.41 Buy It Now 1h 22m
GEORGE HAMILTON IV - Who's Taking You To The Prom/I Know Where I'm Goin' US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 23m
FRANKIE YANKOVIC & HIS YANKS - WHO STOLE MY KESHKA - MINT- PROMO 45 + SLEEVE US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 24m
MADONNA (MDNA) - WHO'S THAT GIRL - RARE CARTOON PICTURE DISC LP, 350 made US $79.99 [0 bids]
MONDAY AFTER: He Who Laughs Last Laughs The Best / Everybody's Doing It US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 24m
(P351) The Bees, Who Cares What the Question Is - DJ CD US $5.08 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Mega City Four - Who Cares Wins - UK LP - Original 1990 Release [B] US $6.78 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Franco De Leon Who Can Roast the Most 7 Soundtrack CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Ac/Dc Who Made Who 12" Maxi Single 1986 Super Condition! US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE GUESS WHO *SOWN & GROWN IN CANADA *( WDS 691 ) 1969 LP RECORD 33 RPM US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
CD Who's Better, Who's Best by The Who (CD, Nov-1988, MCA (USA)) US $8.95 Buy It Now 1h 29m
The WHO "Magic Bus"/"My Generation" Dual album/ VG+,VG++ US $19.99 [0 bids]
MORCHEEBA - WHO CAN YOU TRUST? - CHINA 1996 CD US $7.51 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Instant Funk 7" 45 PROMO HEAR NORTHERN SOUL Who Took Away The Funk SALSOUL 1983 US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Pete Townsend Peppermint Lump Angie UK 7" The Who Vedder Pearl Jam US $0.99 [0 bids]
Who's That Girl Original Movie Soundtrack by Madonna (CD, 1987, Sire) US $4.99 [0 bids]
DION: Lovers Who Wander LP (Mono, drill hole) rare Oldies US $125.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
THE GUESS WHO---FLAVOURS US $5.00 [0 bids]
TOTAL CAPACITY Who's Who 45~ funk 70s soul on Sensation US $12.50 [6 bids]
WHO'S SERIOUS cd SYMPHONIC MUSIC OF THE WHO US $5.50 Buy It Now 1h 38m
1950s Walt Disney WHAT-ZIS WHO-ZIS Mickey Mouse 45 Yellow w Book Unpunched VG+ US $25.25 [0 bids]
The Imperials - Who's Gonna Love Me 7" US $8.48 Buy It Now 1h 42m
5.6.7.8'S / CHURCH KEYS: 19th Nervous Breakdown / Who's Driving Your Plane? 45 US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 43m
SATIN DOLLS: Who Took The Sun Away / Sitting Here 45 (Detroit) rare Soul US $40.00 Buy It Now 1h 46m
THE MIGHTY GROUNDHOGS Who Will Save The World LP PROMO W/ Inner Sleeve US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
The Guess Who - American Woman (Cassette,1970,RCA) ORIG.PRESSING!! Classic Rock US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
EX/MINT-RARE 1966 DECCA 45 rpm & picture sleeve The WHO Happy Jack / Whiskey Man US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 48m
78RPM Record -The Ravens, "Rough Ridin" b/w "Who'll Be The Fool" US $9.50 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE WHO music online Buy THE WHO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WHO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WHO Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(33%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(50%)

THE WHO Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B reviews

Review by fuxi
4 stars This is an extraordinary box set which introduces the listener to ALMOST all the best music the Who recorded between 1964 and 1994. When it came out I bought it immediately and I still remember how thrilled I was. As a long-time Who fan I found it incredibly exciting to have so many superb tracks in a single compilation, interspersed with bits of dialogue from Pete Townshend and wonderful snippets of 'Goon style comedy' from Keith Moon. Since the music is spread out over four CDs, the set contains much, much more than the usual hits and commercial highlights. The Who are also well represented at their most delicate and eccentric. For these reasons the set would make a near-ideal introduction to the newcomer. The voluminous photo book is attractive as well.

A look at the extensive track list will show you that all the band's classic singles are here, from "I Can't Explain" and "My Generation" to "Happy Jack" and "Pictures of Lily". The studio albums are well represented, too - particularly THE WHO SELL OUT, LIVE AT LEEDS, WHO'S NEXT, THE WHO BY NUMBERS and WHO ARE YOU, where the selection could hardly be bettered. WHO'S NEXT, the band's greatest album, is included almost in its entirety. For once, the sublime original version of "Pure and Easy" appears right between "Bargain" and "The Song is Over" - exactly where it should be. (I personally would have preferred to see the studio version of "My Wife" included, rather than a 1976 live performance, but I guess you can't have everything...) To their everlasting credit, the compilers also took the trouble to include a fair number of obscure but fascinating tracks such as "Disguises", "Girls' Eyes", "Jaguar", "Melancholia" and "Dogs", most of which had never before been released. ("Dogs" quickly developed into one of my all-time Who favourites!)

Any gripes with this set, then? Well sure, I've got plenty!!!

1. Among the early tracks, why has the crisp studio version of "Substitute" been replaced with the LIVE AT LEEDS version (as on some earlier compilations)? This seems anachronistic and plain wrong.

2. "A Quick One, While He's Away", as represented here, is a patch-up of the original studio version and (during the finale) the live version from the Rolling Stones' Rock and Roll Circus. (Thus allowing the compilers to state, rather misleadingly, on the back of the box, that their version is 'previously unreleased'.) I'll gladly admit the Who's Rock and Roll Circus performance was one of their greatest triumphs, but this kind of approach neither does justice to the studio version, nor to the live version.

3. I can't help thinking QUADROPHENIA (a clear favourite with many proggers) has been shabbily dealt with. Why are only four tracks represented here? Why is there no trace of "The Punk and the Godfather", "I've Had Enough" or "I'm One" when the compilers DID find space for less exciting tracks from an earlier project, such as "Join Together" and "Relay", and (even more disappointingly) for those turgid 1980s live versions of "Twist and Shout" and "I'm a Man"? And, most of all: why include a terribly pedestrian 1979 run-through of "The Real Me" featuring Kenney Jones, when the original studio recording (with Keith Moon) is one of the band's most explosive performances?

4. Finally, as a secret admirer of the 1982 IT'S HARD, I can't help wondering why the only track that always gets chosen from that album is the soporific "Eminence Front". I much prefer the sprightly "Athena" and the dramatic closing number "Cry If You Want".

In spite of my complaints, I feel this set provides a splendid overview of the best part of the Who's career, so if you can find it at a reasonable price, you should have no qualms about purchasing it.

Send comments to fuxi (BETA) | Report this review (#746313) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 29, 2012

Post a review of THE WHO "Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B"