THIRTY YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B

7. Behind Blue Eyes
8. Won't Get Fooled Again
9. The Seeker [Edit]
10. Bony Maronie [Live]
11. Let's See Action (Nothing Is Everything)
12. Join Together

- Roger Daltry / vocals
- John Entwistle / bass, horns, vocals
- Kenney Jones / drums

4CD Polydor/MCA (1994)

Thanks to Evolver for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE WHO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WHO Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B Music

30 Years of Maximum R & B30 Years of Maximum R & B
Box set
Mca 1994
The Who - Thirty Years of Maximum R&B Live [VHS]The Who - Thirty Years of Maximum R&B Live [VHS]
Mca 1994
VHS Tape$4.89
30 Years of Maximum R & B by Who [Music CD]30 Years of Maximum R & B by Who [Music CD]
Mca
THE WHO " THIRTY YEARS OF MAXIMUM R & B " #MCAD4-11020 USD $44.95 Buy It Now 21h 19m
THE WHO cd 30 THIRTY YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B PROMO Sampler Limitd TOWNSHEND DALTREY USD $8.95 [0 bids]
The Who Thirty Years of Maximum R&B Discs 1&2 from Box Set 57TRACKS w/Magic Bus USD $1.99 [0 bids]
Thirty Years of Maximum R&B [Box] by The Who (CD, Jul-1994, 4 Discs, MCA (USA)) USD $24.00 [0 bids]
The Who : Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B (4CDs) (1994) USD $60.51 Buy It Now 2 days
The Who - Thirty Years Of Maximum R & B - Full Page Colour Advert - 1994 USD $6.29 Buy It Now 2 days
The Who Thirty Years of Maximum R&B 4 CD Box Set 1994 MCA Records box49 USD $24.95 Buy It Now 2 days
THE WHO Thirty Years of Maximum R & B Live POLP-1025 2LD AK1355 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
THE WHO Thirty Years of Maximum R & B Live POLP-1025 OBI 2LD AK1370 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Thirty Years of Maximum R&B [Box] by The Who (CD, Nov-1994, 4 Discs, MCA (USA)) USD $16.95 Buy It Now 3 days
WHO Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B Sampler (US 16-track Promo CD) USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
the WHO: Thirty Years of Maximum R&B (4-CD Set) USD $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Thirty Years of Maximum R&B By the Who (CD,1994, MCA) Disc One Only USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Who Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B Rare OOP 4 CD Box Set Polydor Booklet EX USD $14.97 [0 bids]
USD $19.47 Buy It Now
THE WHO THIRTY YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B PROMO CD SAMPLER TOWNSHEND DALRTEY ENTWISTLE USD $10.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Thirty Years of Maximum R&B [Box] by Who (The) (CD, Jul-1994, 4 Discs, MCA... USD $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Thirty Years of Maximum R&B [Box] by The Who (CD, Nov-1994, 4 Discs, MCA (USA)) USD $69.99 [0 bids]
USD $99.99 Buy It Now
Thirty Years of Maximum R&B [Box] by The Who (CD, Nov-1994, 4 Discs, MCA (USA)) USD $29.99 [0 bids]
Thirty Years of Maximum R&B By the Who (CD,1994, MCA) Disc Three Only USD $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
"THE WHO" Thirty Years of Maximum R&B, Gift Giving Condition CD USD $29.95 Buy It Now 5 days
30 Thirty Years of Maximum R & B The Who 4 CD Set Box Book Music Collectble 1994 USD $42.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE WHO 30 Thirty Years of Maximum R&B THREE DISCS FROM 1994 CD BOX SET 67 Songs USD $7.99 [0 bids]
USD $10.39 Buy It Now
THE WHO THIRTY YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B DISC 1,2,3,4 CDS USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $24.99 Buy It Now
THE WHO Japan 2 LASER DISCs with OBI, THIRTY YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B LIVE USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Thirty Years of Maximum R&B [Box] by The Who (CD, Jul-1994, 4 Discs) - MINT USD $25.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Who "Thirty Years of Maximum R&B Sampler (18 tracks) USD $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days
WHO THIRTY YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B CD 16 TRACK PROMO IN FOLD OUT DIGI PACK USA USD $39.31 Buy It Now 8 days
Thirty Years of Maximum R&B [Box] by The Who (CD,1994, 4 Discs, MCA) USD $24.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THIRTY YEARS OF MAXIMUM R & B BY WHO (CD) USD $55.82 Buy It Now 9 days
Thirty Years of Maximum R&B [Box] by Who (The) (CD, Jul-1994, 4 Discs, MCA... USD $33.97 Buy It Now 13 days
Thirty Years of Maximum R&B [Box] by Who (The) (CD, Jul-1994, 4 Discs, MCA... USD $24.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Thirty Years of Maximum R&B By the Who (CD,1994, MCA) Disc Four Only USD $4.99 Buy It Now 13 days
The Who - Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B - Disc 1 (CD) USD $6.27 Buy It Now 14 days
Thirty Years of Maximum R & B - Who New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $64.25 Buy It Now 14 days
Thirty Years of Maximum R&B [Box] by The Who (CD, Nov-1994, 4 Discs, MCA (USA)) USD $25.19 Buy It Now 15 days
Thirty Years of Maximum R&B [Box] by Who (The) (CD, Jul-1994, 4 Discs, MCA (USA) USD $68.00 Buy It Now 15 days
THE WHO - Thirty Years Of Maximum R & B - 1994 Magazine Advertisment Poster USD $7.08 Buy It Now 16 days
Who Thirty Years of Maximum R&B [Box Set] 4 CD SEALED NEW Canadian Seller USD $89.99 Buy It Now 16 days
30 Thirty Years of Maximum R & B The Who 4 CD Set Box Book Music Collectble 1994 USD $38.00 Buy It Now 16 days
The Who - Thirty Years of Maximum R&B [Box] (CD, Nov-1994, 4 Discs, MCA (USA)) USD $29.95 Buy It Now 16 days
Thirty Years of Maximum R&B [Box] by Who (The) (CD, Jul-1994, 4 Discs, MCA... USD $28.00 Buy It Now 18 days
Thirty Years of Maximum R&B [Box] by The Who (CD, Jul-1994, 4 Discs, MCA (USA)) USD $33.95 Buy It Now 18 days
The Who: Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B Sampler PROMO Music CD Rock 16tk w/ Artwork USD $8.99 Buy It Now 18 days
The Who Thirty Years of Maximum R&B Disc 4 only USD $3.95 Buy It Now 19 days
The Who "Thirty Years of Maximum R&B" 4-CD Box set (Polydor UK) USD $29.99 Buy It Now 20 days
The WHO Thirty Years of Maximum R & B 4 CD BOX Set 1994 Pete Townshend USD $24.99 Buy It Now 20 days
The Who - Thirty Years of Maximum R&B (2000) USD $35.38 Buy It Now 20 days
Thirty Years of Maximum R&B [Box] by Who (The) (CD, Jul-1994, 4 Discs, MCA... USD $29.99 Buy It Now 23 days
THE WHO THIRTY YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B 4CD BOX SEALED 1994 USD $59.99 Buy It Now 25 days
THE WHO - THIRTY YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B - DISC 3 ONLY-CD USD $6.99 Buy It Now 25 days
THE WHO - THIRTY YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B - DISC 4 ONLY-CD USD $6.99 Buy It Now 25 days
THE WHO Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B PROMO CD SAMPLER Pete Townshend DIGIPAK Rare USD $9.99 Buy It Now 26 days
The Who Thirty Years of Maximum R&B Disc 1 CD Compact Disc USD $8.95 Buy It Now 26 days
The Who Thirty Years of Maximum R& B Disc 3 CD Compact Disc USD $8.95 Buy It Now 26 days
THE WHO THIRTY YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B PROMO CD SAMPLER TOWNSHEND DALTREY ENTWISTLE USD $11.95 Buy It Now 26 days
THIRTY YEARS OF MAXIMUM R & B BY WHO (CD) bllbox25 USD $44.95 Buy It Now 26 days
CD . The Who . Thirty Years of Maximum R&B . Box set USD $14.96 Buy It Now 28 days
THE WHO - THIRTY YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B [BOX] - NEW CD BOXSET USD $41.21 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy THE WHO music online Buy THE WHO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WHO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WHO Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(33%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(50%)

THE WHO Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B reviews

Review by fuxi
4 stars This is an extraordinary box set which introduces the listener to ALMOST all the best music the Who recorded between 1964 and 1994. When it came out I bought it immediately and I still remember how thrilled I was. As a long-time Who fan I found it incredibly exciting to have so many superb tracks in a single compilation, interspersed with bits of dialogue from Pete Townshend and wonderful snippets of 'Goon style comedy' from Keith Moon. Since the music is spread out over four CDs, the set contains much, much more than the usual hits and commercial highlights. The Who are also well represented at their most delicate and eccentric. For these reasons the set would make a near-ideal introduction to the newcomer. The voluminous photo book is attractive as well.

A look at the extensive track list will show you that all the band's classic singles are here, from "I Can't Explain" and "My Generation" to "Happy Jack" and "Pictures of Lily". The studio albums are well represented, too - particularly THE WHO SELL OUT, LIVE AT LEEDS, WHO'S NEXT, THE WHO BY NUMBERS and WHO ARE YOU, where the selection could hardly be bettered. WHO'S NEXT, the band's greatest album, is included almost in its entirety. For once, the sublime original version of "Pure and Easy" appears right between "Bargain" and "The Song is Over" - exactly where it should be. (I personally would have preferred to see the studio version of "My Wife" included, rather than a 1976 live performance, but I guess you can't have everything...) To their everlasting credit, the compilers also took the trouble to include a fair number of obscure but fascinating tracks such as "Disguises", "Girls' Eyes", "Jaguar", "Melancholia" and "Dogs", most of which had never before been released. ("Dogs" quickly developed into one of my all-time Who favourites!)

Any gripes with this set, then? Well sure, I've got plenty!!!

1. Among the early tracks, why has the crisp studio version of "Substitute" been replaced with the LIVE AT LEEDS version (as on some earlier compilations)? This seems anachronistic and plain wrong.

2. "A Quick One, While He's Away", as represented here, is a patch-up of the original studio version and (during the finale) the live version from the Rolling Stones' Rock and Roll Circus. (Thus allowing the compilers to state, rather misleadingly, on the back of the box, that their version is 'previously unreleased'.) I'll gladly admit the Who's Rock and Roll Circus performance was one of their greatest triumphs, but this kind of approach neither does justice to the studio version, nor to the live version.

3. I can't help thinking QUADROPHENIA (a clear favourite with many proggers) has been shabbily dealt with. Why are only four tracks represented here? Why is there no trace of "The Punk and the Godfather", "I've Had Enough" or "I'm One" when the compilers DID find space for less exciting tracks from an earlier project, such as "Join Together" and "Relay", and (even more disappointingly) for those turgid 1980s live versions of "Twist and Shout" and "I'm a Man"? And, most of all: why include a terribly pedestrian 1979 run-through of "The Real Me" featuring Kenney Jones, when the original studio recording (with Keith Moon) is one of the band's most explosive performances?

4. Finally, as a secret admirer of the 1982 IT'S HARD, I can't help wondering why the only track that always gets chosen from that album is the soporific "Eminence Front". I much prefer the sprightly "Athena" and the dramatic closing number "Cry If You Want".

In spite of my complaints, I feel this set provides a splendid overview of the best part of the Who's career, so if you can find it at a reasonable price, you should have no qualms about purchasing it.

Send comments to fuxi (BETA) | Report this review (#746313) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 29, 2012

Post a review of THE WHO "Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B"