THIRTY YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B

7. Behind Blue Eyes
8. Won't Get Fooled Again
9. The Seeker [Edit]
10. Bony Maronie [Live]
11. Let's See Action (Nothing Is Everything)
12. Join Together

- Roger Daltry / vocals
- John Entwistle / bass, horns, vocals
- Kenney Jones / drums

4CD Polydor/MCA (1994)

Thanks to Evolver for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE WHO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WHO Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Live at LeedsLive at Leeds
Remastered · Extra tracks
Mca 1995
NEW RIDERS OF THE PURPLE SAGE Who Are Those MCA-2248 LP Ad8085 US $24.99 Buy It Now 31m 35s
DEVICE Who's On The Line / Instrumental 7" 45 rpm Chrysalis STERLING NM- (EX) US $5.50 Buy It Now 33m 5s
The Who, My Generation 45rpm Clarity Test Pressing Box Set US $202.50 [7 bids]
34m 32s
The Spirit Lives On: Greatest Hits Live by The Guess Who (CD, Mar-1998,... US $49.99 Buy It Now 34m 34s
VARIOUS: Who's News (oldies vinyl LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 34m 56s
DONNA SUMMER WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE FOOLIN'/ RUNNING FOR COVER 45 VINYL US $0.90 [0 bids]
35m 23s
XSCAPE w/ JERMAINE DUPRI Who Can I REMIX & EXRENDED PROMO DJ CD Single Run to US $19.99 Buy It Now 35m 50s
BURTON CUMMINGS (GUESS WHO) "MY OWN WAY TO ROCK" 1977 WLP 4 SONG EP US $1.29 [0 bids]
35m 57s
(93W) Theeyejab, Who Still Believe In Love - DJ CD US $4.98 Buy It Now 37m 1s
(AS407) The Low Anthem, To The Ghost's Who Writ.- DJ CD US $4.58 Buy It Now 38m
PINK FLOYD "THE DIVISION BELL" PIC DISC VINYL LED STONES THE WHO AC/DC US $29.99 [1 bids]
38m 6s
The Who "Tommy" Japanese import vinyl NM w/OBI US $200.00 [0 bids]
38m 7s
Pete TOWNSHEND WHO Quad DEMOS Vol 1 & 2 RSD Sealed 10" Vinyl LP Record Store #'d US $49.99 Buy It Now 38m 10s
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me; Original Soundtrack (CD, Jun-1999) US $0.99 [0 bids]
38m 17s
The Who - "Who Are You" Original Master Recording 24K Gold UltraDisc II MFSL US $99.00 [0 bids]
39m 10s
THE WHO (CD) "WHO ARE YOU" 1985 MCA RECORDS US $3.99 Buy It Now 43m 25s
Triogitano - Who Ate All The Tapas? - CD [USG] US $4.58 Buy It Now 45m 58s
Roger Daltrey under moon who sealed vinyl "Budget" Free bulk shipping over $20 US $3.99 [0 bids]
47m 4s
The Who RARE promo Join Together CD-5 Live Tracks Rough boys I can see for miles US $10.65 Buy It Now 47m 17s
The Who: It's Hard Cassette VG++ USA WB 23731-4 US $2.99 Buy It Now 48m 1s
Guess Who best of live VG+ vinyl LP "Budget" Free bulk shipping for over $20 US $3.99 [0 bids]
48m 53s
Four Preps - Down By the Station - 1960 hit by the group who gave us "Big Man" US $3.50 Buy It Now 49m 12s
The Who's Tommy [Original Cast Recording] by Original Cast (CD, Jul-1993, 2 Cds US $9.99 [0 bids]
50m 7s
The Who's Tommy ~ Original Cast Recording (RARE) 1993 (Audio Cassette) US $6.25 [0 bids]
50m 14s
The Who cassette tape Who are you still sealed US $6.99 [0 bids]
50m 16s
ERNIE & EDDIE - WHO'S THAT KNOCKING AT MY DOOR ORIG 45! '63 r&b HEAR Checker US $0.99 [0 bids]
51m 25s
Jessie J Who You Are (Australia) CD US $6.32 Buy It Now 52m 5s
PETULA CLARK - Color My World / Who Am I - 1967 - Stereo LP US $11.95 Buy It Now 53m 5s
If He Is Protecting Our Nation... Then Who Will Protect Big Oil, Our... Import US $0.98 [0 bids]
53m 9s
Vincent Lopez & His Orch - MELOTONE 7-12-09- Who Knows & Rosalie US $6.00 Buy It Now 53m 21s
Tony Bennett-Who Can I Turn To-LP-Columbia-CS 9085-Vinyl Record-VG+ US $2.99 [0 bids]
53m 22s
The Who Sings My Generation rare pink faced cd limited oop pressing mint MOD US $17.99 [0 bids]
53m 34s
This Is Who I Am by Jody McBrayer CD Sep 2002, Sparrow Records clearance US $1.29 [0 bids]
53m 46s
LITTLE MILTON - Who's Cheating Who? US $7.95 Buy It Now 53m 46s
Kinks One for the Road who rolling stones vinyl LP Budget free shipping over $20 US $3.99 [0 bids]
53m 54s
Frank sinatra who are you? rat pack vinyl LP "Budget" Free shipping over $20 US $3.99 [0 bids]
53m 54s
Petula Clark - 3 Records - Don't Sleep In the Subway / Who Am I / My Guy US $7.99 Buy It Now 53m 54s
THE WOOLIES WHO DO YOU LOVE/ HEY GIRL 45 VINYL DUNHILL US $2.00 Buy It Now 54m 6s
Smokey Robinson & Miracles - Who's Gonna Take the Blame - mint white label promo US $7.95 Buy It Now 54m 16s
The Man Who by Travis (UK) (CD, Apr-2000, Epic (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
54m 18s
Johnnie Ray "Who's Sorry Now!" US $3.00 [0 bids]
54m 22s
JOHNNY TILLOTSON - Jimmy's Girl a teen idol who could really sing! US $7.95 Buy It Now 54m 22s
WONDER WHO - Don't Think Twice ( The Four Seasons ) US $7.95 Buy It Now 54m 24s
Ed Ames. US $5.00 Buy It Now 54m 25s
The Who BBC Sessions Live at the 2 cd Best Buy Limited rare mint oop Mod Classic US $13.99 [0 bids]
54m 37s
The Who Live: "Collector's Item"-- Original "Contra Band" Bootleg LP: SEALED US $199.00 Buy It Now 55m 21s
B. B. KING - WHO ARE YOU ORIG EX/NM 45! '73 blues HEAR ABC US $0.99 [0 bids]
55m 33s
Record/Vinyl/The Who ....by numbers US $4.99 [0 bids]
56m 53s
EDWARD KA-SPEL MAN WHO NEVER WAS 7" LTD ED Legendary Pink Dots Tear Garden Syd US $20.00 Buy It Now 57m 21s
THE WHO - MAGIC BUS ORIG 45! '68 HEAR Decca killer mono sound US $0.99 [0 bids]
58m 25s
Temptations - I Could Never Love Another / He Who Picks A Rose RARE yugoslavia US $70.00 Buy It Now 58m 32s
John Ono Lennon 45 RPM "Instant Karma/Who Has Seen The Wind" US $1.49 [0 bids]
58m 37s
Ed Ames. US $3.00 Buy It Now 59m 5s
MADONNA Who's That Girl_Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD Album US $6.47 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Endless Wire [Digipak] [Limited] by THE WHO (CD, Oct-2006, 2 Discs, Universal... US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
The Guess Who Live at the Paramount 8 Track Tape TESTED US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
The Robert Cray Band "Who's Been Talkin" 1986 Blues LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
A.J. BROWN- WHO LAUGH LAST- MAESTRO MUSIC - MODERN REGGAE PSYCH 45 CLASSIC VG+ US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Temptations: Who are you / Let me count the ways 7" 45rpm vinyl record 7b US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
The Who - Who Are You 12" LP MCA Records - MCA 3050 US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
THE POLICE -Zenyatta Mondatta Cd Import RARE Spain Press OOP,The Doors,The Who US $9.99 [0 bids]
JOHNNY NACE 'REMBER WHO YOU ARE / SHERRY ANN 45 THRONE COUNTRY US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
ROD BERNARD COLINDA / WHO'S GONNA ROCK MY BABY 45 HALL-WAY ROCKABILLY HEAR US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
78RPM Vocalion 5116 Jimmie Lunceford, Sassin' the Boss/Who Did U Meet Last N V+ US $13.95 Buy It Now 1h 6m
1980 BERNIE TAUPIN He Who Rides The Tiger Elton John Songwriter Vinyl LP US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Guess Who; Best Of on LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
LITTLE "D" & THE HARLEMS Who's Gonna Pick Up The Pieces 45 US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
RICKY MCKINNY: Washday Blues / Fool Who Cares (oldies vinyl 45) US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
MCVICAR ( WHO / SOUNDTRACK (UK) NEW CD US $16.93 Buy It Now 1h 9m
MEL TORME Who Cares What People Say MUSICRAFT 78~15104 US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Montana Sextet - Who Needs Enemies (With A Friend Like You) / Friendly Vibes US $7.00 [0 bids]
THE GUESS WHO. SHAKE THE LAND. GATEFOLD. PICTURE SLEEVE. RCA. 1970. BLUES ROCK. US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 9m
SEALED PERSONALITY LP - TEDDY SAVALAS - MCA 2160 - "WHO LOVES YA BABY" US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Eddie Elkins' Orchestra -- COLUMBIA A3751 -- Blue & Who CXares? US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Who, Magic Bus / Someone's Coming. US $2.99 [0 bids]
THE SAPPHIRES Who Do You Love SWAN Girl Group SOUL 45-4162 Oh So Soon US $5.99 [0 bids]
THE GENIES Who's That Knocking? SHAD R&B 45-5002 The First Time US $3.99 [0 bids]
Who's Gonna Know, Vezner, Jon, Good Import US $4.53 Buy It Now 1h 19m
THE BROTHERS 4- IT'S NOT WHO YOU KNOW- pon RARE UK (SOUL REGGAE) ARROW 45 in VG- US $9.99 [0 bids]
NEW - Who Am I Now US $17.73 Buy It Now 1h 21m
VG++ ARETHA FRANKLIN WHO'S ZOOMIN' WHO 45 RPM ARISTA 1-9410 US $2.98 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Who's the Man? [Original Soundtrack] [PA] by Original Soundtrack (CD, Apr-1993, US $3.99 [0 bids]
The Guess Who #10 8 Track Tape TESTED US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 22m
the isley brothers i know who you been socking it to & i turned you on US $0.75 [0 bids]
CONNIE FRANCIS SENTIMENTAL FAVORITES-2 LP-VG+-WHO'S SORRY NOW-MY HAPPINESS US $2.99 [0 bids]
ARETHA FRANKLIN-WHO'S ZOOMIN' WHO?-VINYL-NM-CLARENCE CLEMONS-EURYTHMICS US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Who - You Better You Bet / The Quiet One - 45 US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Who - Hooligans / MCA2 12001 / 2 LP US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Who - The Who By Numbers / MCA 2161 US $4.99 [0 bids]
GEOFF WHITEHORN GEOFF WHO? CD NEW US $83.69 Buy It Now 1h 29m
GUESS WHO Play (Pure) The Guess Who ORIGINAL 1972 P.I.P. PROMO LP SEALED! US $19.99 [0 bids]
The Guess Who - Rockin' US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Guess Who - Share the Land US $0.99 [0 bids]
NEW - Who's That Girl / Gotta Man by Eve US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 30m
The Who Face Dances LP VG+/EX 1981 goldshower hs 3516 peter townshend US $3.00 [0 bids]
Peter Townshend Who Came First Promo Gatefold LP VG/EX 1972 mca dl 79189 US $5.00 [0 bids]
TOMMY Soundtrack 8-track Tape TESTED - THE WHO wClapton& Elton US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
CURT COBAIN - WHO MAGAZINE POSTER - 1994 US $12.10 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Quadrophenia-Original Motion Picture Soundtrack/The Who/Polydor ?- PD-2-6235 US $15.00 [0 bids]
Roger Daltrey - A Celebration The Music of Pete Townshend and the Who CD Live US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m

More places to buy THE WHO music online Buy THE WHO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WHO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WHO Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(33%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(50%)

THE WHO Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B reviews

Review by fuxi
4 stars This is an extraordinary box set which introduces the listener to ALMOST all the best music the Who recorded between 1964 and 1994. When it came out I bought it immediately and I still remember how thrilled I was. As a long-time Who fan I found it incredibly exciting to have so many superb tracks in a single compilation, interspersed with bits of dialogue from Pete Townshend and wonderful snippets of 'Goon style comedy' from Keith Moon. Since the music is spread out over four CDs, the set contains much, much more than the usual hits and commercial highlights. The Who are also well represented at their most delicate and eccentric. For these reasons the set would make a near-ideal introduction to the newcomer. The voluminous photo book is attractive as well.

A look at the extensive track list will show you that all the band's classic singles are here, from "I Can't Explain" and "My Generation" to "Happy Jack" and "Pictures of Lily". The studio albums are well represented, too - particularly THE WHO SELL OUT, LIVE AT LEEDS, WHO'S NEXT, THE WHO BY NUMBERS and WHO ARE YOU, where the selection could hardly be bettered. WHO'S NEXT, the band's greatest album, is included almost in its entirety. For once, the sublime original version of "Pure and Easy" appears right between "Bargain" and "The Song is Over" - exactly where it should be. (I personally would have preferred to see the studio version of "My Wife" included, rather than a 1976 live performance, but I guess you can't have everything...) To their everlasting credit, the compilers also took the trouble to include a fair number of obscure but fascinating tracks such as "Disguises", "Girls' Eyes", "Jaguar", "Melancholia" and "Dogs", most of which had never before been released. ("Dogs" quickly developed into one of my all-time Who favourites!)

Any gripes with this set, then? Well sure, I've got plenty!!!

1. Among the early tracks, why has the crisp studio version of "Substitute" been replaced with the LIVE AT LEEDS version (as on some earlier compilations)? This seems anachronistic and plain wrong.

2. "A Quick One, While He's Away", as represented here, is a patch-up of the original studio version and (during the finale) the live version from the Rolling Stones' Rock and Roll Circus. (Thus allowing the compilers to state, rather misleadingly, on the back of the box, that their version is 'previously unreleased'.) I'll gladly admit the Who's Rock and Roll Circus performance was one of their greatest triumphs, but this kind of approach neither does justice to the studio version, nor to the live version.

3. I can't help thinking QUADROPHENIA (a clear favourite with many proggers) has been shabbily dealt with. Why are only four tracks represented here? Why is there no trace of "The Punk and the Godfather", "I've Had Enough" or "I'm One" when the compilers DID find space for less exciting tracks from an earlier project, such as "Join Together" and "Relay", and (even more disappointingly) for those turgid 1980s live versions of "Twist and Shout" and "I'm a Man"? And, most of all: why include a terribly pedestrian 1979 run-through of "The Real Me" featuring Kenney Jones, when the original studio recording (with Keith Moon) is one of the band's most explosive performances?

4. Finally, as a secret admirer of the 1982 IT'S HARD, I can't help wondering why the only track that always gets chosen from that album is the soporific "Eminence Front". I much prefer the sprightly "Athena" and the dramatic closing number "Cry If You Want".

In spite of my complaints, I feel this set provides a splendid overview of the best part of the Who's career, so if you can find it at a reasonable price, you should have no qualms about purchasing it.

Send comments to fuxi (BETA) | Report this review (#746313) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 29, 2012

Post a review of THE WHO "Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B"