THIRTY YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B

7. Behind Blue Eyes
8. Won't Get Fooled Again
9. The Seeker [Edit]
10. Bony Maronie [Live]
11. Let's See Action (Nothing Is Everything)
12. Join Together

- Roger Daltry / vocals
- John Entwistle / bass, horns, vocals
- Kenney Jones / drums

4CD Polydor/MCA (1994)

Thanks to Evolver for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE WHO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WHO Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B Music

Live at LeedsLive at Leeds
Remastered · Extra tracks
Mca 1995
Classic Rock cd & dvd lot of 35 Who Queen AC/DC Boston Jethro Tull Reo Van Haln US $44.99 [0 bids]
29m 37s
The Who Face Dances HS-3536 12" Vinyl LP 1981 Goldshower Limited US $5.99 Buy It Now 31m 24s
RITA MARLEY WHO FEELS IT KNOWS IT LP 504 US $9.99 Buy It Now 33m 1s
WHO: Happy Jack / I've Been Away / Whiskey Man / Boris The Spider 45 (France, US $75.00 Buy It Now 33m 29s
WHO: I'm A Boy / In The City 45 (Germany, VG PS cropped top, cover wrinkles, ra US $40.00 Buy It Now 33m 34s
Roy Rogers The Little Boy Who Cound't Find Christmas and Cowboy Songs Records US $10.00 [0 bids]
33m 55s
The Guess Who "Road Food" ROCK LP US $8.99 Buy It Now 35m 42s
The Who Live At The Isle Of Wight Festival 1970 [2CD] Live From The Vault US $8.99 [0 bids]
36m 7s
WHO: Pictures Of Lily / Doctor Doctor 45 (Sweden, M- PS, centre missing) rare US $100.00 Buy It Now 36m 25s
WHO'S GONNA FILL THEIR SHOES 2 / VARIOUS NEW CD US $12.04 Buy It Now 36m 46s
JON MICHAELS - I AM WHO I AM NEW CD US $27.74 Buy It Now 37m 14s
ZIGGY MARLEY AND THE MELODY MAKERS LOOK WHO'S DANCING LP 504 US $9.99 Buy It Now 37m 27s
Paul McCartney ~ Who ~ LP Concerts For The People Of Kampuchea (Rock) Listen EX US $5.00 Buy It Now 38m 10s
1964 JUKEBOX Ep Dean Martin I'M THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU On Reprise SR 6170 Ratpack US $2.00 [0 bids]
40m 3s
The Who 45 See Me, Feel Me / Overture From Tommy (Rock) Listen EX US $5.00 Buy It Now 40m 51s
The Who 45 Magic Bus / Someone's Coming (Rock) NM US $5.00 Buy It Now 40m 51s
The Heywoods 45 Who Do You Think You Are / Fool's Way OF Loving (Rock) NM US $5.00 Buy It Now 40m 51s
The Who 45 See Me Feel Me / Overature From Tommy (Rock) NM US $5.00 Buy It Now 40m 51s
You Know Who Andy (PS) 7" Vinyl US $11.19 Buy It Now 41m 53s
Mama Cass Elliot 45 It's Getting Better / Who's To Blame (Rock) VG+ US $5.00 Buy It Now 42m 42s
Ohio Players 45 Love Rollercoaster / Who'd SheCoo? (Funk) NM US $5.00 Buy It Now 42m 42s
Men At Work 45 Who Can It Be Now? / Anyone For Tennis (Rock) NM US $5.00 Buy It Now 42m 42s
Madonna 45 & PS Who's That Girl / White Heat (Pop) Listen Germany EX US $5.00 Buy It Now 42m 42s
O'Jays 45 Love Train / Who Am I (Soul) Listen VG++ US $5.00 Buy It Now 42m 42s
Main Ingredient 45 Everybody Plays The Fool / Who Can I Turn (Soul) Listen VG+ US $5.00 Buy It Now 42m 42s
Hard Day's Night-Lp-stereo with "tell me Who" on Lbl US $20.00 Buy It Now 42m 44s
WHO'S GONNA FILL THEIR SHOES / VARIOUS NEW CD US $12.95 Buy It Now 43m 13s
The Spy Who Loved Me LP Soundtrack * United Artists UA-LA774-H (1977) US $9.64 [0 bids]
45m 21s
Who Are You [LP] by Who (The) (Vinyl, May-2009, Classic Records) US $4.99 [0 bids]
47m 48s
SOUL 45 - LITTLE "D" & THE HARLEMS - WHO'S GONNA PICK UP THE PIECES - JOSIE 914 US $12.99 Buy It Now 48m 19s
STOCK R&B 45 BIG RON HOFFMAN - YOU MADE ME LOVE YOU / WHO - DECCA 30849 US $12.99 Buy It Now 48m 19s
DEEP PURPLE who do we think we are gatefold pink label vg+ US $25.25 Buy It Now 49m 24s
NSync - For the Girl Who Has Everything - Germany cd - RARE! 070314 US $9.72 Buy It Now 51m 38s
MARLENA SHAW WHO IS THIS BITCH, ANYWAY JAPAN CD 2300yen TOCJ 1ST PRESS US $99.99 Buy It Now 51m 40s
45 RPM TOM JONES I Who Have Nothing + Stop Breaking My Heart PARROT records US $6.95 Buy It Now 54m 17s
RECORD: THE WHO - IT'S HARD -WB - EX/EX LP VINYL ROCK 1982 US $11.00 Buy It Now 54m 40s
45 RPM TOM JONES Without Love + The Man Who Knows Too Much PARROT records US $6.95 Buy It Now 54m 54s
The Wonder Who 45 "You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You" & "Good Ship Lollipop" US $4.45 Buy It Now 55m 26s
The Man Who Wasn't There soundtrack - U.S. cd - RARE! US $6.47 Buy It Now 55m 43s
The Story Of Who Framed Roger Rabbit CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 56m 23s
THE GREATEST OF THE GUESS WHO CD US $5.00 Buy It Now 56m 39s
The Who TOMMY deluxe edition SACD Stereo / SACD surround / CD Audio US $4.82 [2 bids]
57m 24s
RARE PROMO Jeff Beck 12" vinyl What Mama Said REMIX Howie B. WHO ELSE! Yardbirds US $5.00 Buy It Now 57m 51s
THE WHO LP / FACE DANCES WITH ORIGINAL POSTER US $5.99 [0 bids]
58m 1s
AC/DC WHO MADE WHO ULTRA RARE OZ CASSETTE TAPE! US $17.77 Buy It Now 58m 18s
Full Force Guess Who's Comin' To The Crib Track Vinyl LP Sealed US Import US $19.91 Buy It Now 59m 19s
1962 Who Is This Capitol Mystery Artist Dakota Staton Promo 45 Rock Me To Sleep US $3.00 [1 bids]
59m 37s
SCULLY - Who's A Terrorist Now? - CD single US $7.04 Buy It Now 1h
45 Max Bygraves Tumarumba b/w I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now Festival FK-1229 US $13.98 [0 bids]
The Guess Who 39 Greatest Hits 2 CD set US $20.98 Buy It Now 1h 4m
INTRUDERS - WHO DO YOU LOVE - EL CEE (SOUL/R & B - LISTEN)(12") US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Who's Better, Who's Best by Who (The) (CD, Nov-1988, MCA (USA)) US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Housemeister : Who Is That Noize Remixed CD (2008) US $7.55 Buy It Now 1h 7m
VG+ RAY PENNINGTON I WOULDN'T TREAT A DOGGONE DOG/THIS SONG DON'T CARE WHO SINGS US $5.98 Buy It Now 1h 7m
(NM) Fantasy "(HEY WHO'S GOTTA) Funky Song" Pavillion 02098 DJ 1981 Funk US $8.95 Buy It Now 1h 8m
2 ELTON JOHN 45'S WHO WEARS THESE SHOES PICTURE SLEEVE/WRAP HER UP PIC SLEEVE US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Ed Ames . More I Cannot Wish You & Who Will Answer? . EX . 3.75 IPS 4T Reel Test US $2.49 Buy It Now 1h 11m
4 Double CD Sets Led Zeppelin The Doors The Who The Class 8 CDs L@@K ROCK US $23.99 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Who Do You Love? George Thorogood & Destroyers CD 2003 One Bourbon, On Over HITS US $2.99 [0 bids]
POP ART INTEREST/ PETER BLAKE INSPIRED COVER/ THE WHO WHO'S MISSING US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Stage IV - Who Do You Think You Are - 12" single US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
THE WHO - MAGIC BUS - DECCA 1ST PRESS VINYL LP ALBUM RECORD DL 75064 US $4.99 [1 bids]
The WHO:Lord Kitchener:T-shirt NEW:In 3 Sizes US $28.05 Buy It Now 1h 13m
MARLENA SHAW - WHO IS THIS BITCH ANYWAY NEW CD US $29.27 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Modest Mouse Good News For People Who Love Bad News Music CD (USED) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Various : Knights Who Say Dot CD (1997) US $7.42 Buy It Now 1h 15m
THE WHO - WHO'S NEXT - DECCA 1ST PRESS VINYL LP ALBUM RECORD DL 79182 VG+ US $4.99 [0 bids]
the Misunderstood - I can take you to the sun/Who do you love 7" repro Fontana US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE WHO - A QUICK ONE (HAPPY JACK) / SELL OUT - VINYL DOUBLE LP ALBUM RECORD VG+ US $4.99 [1 bids]
THE WHO - MAGIC BUS & MY GENERATION - VINYL DOUBLE LP ALBUM RECORD VG+ US $4.99 [1 bids]
Who decca LP Who's Next US $5.00 [0 bids]
Saint Etienne - Who Do You Think You Are - U.S. cd - RARE! Digipak US $9.98 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Who's Last by The Who (CD, 1984, 2 Discs, MCA (USA)) US $18.00 [0 bids]
The Guess Who - "Live At The Paramount" RCA LSP-4779 1972 US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
The Foremen Who Needs Art? / Privateers Of The Public Airwaves Promotional CD US $24.69 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Become Who You Are * by Mainstay (CD, Sep-2007, BEC ... US $2.69 Buy It Now 1h 29m
PETE TOWNSHEND Dbl LP Scoop 1983 Atco The Who US $5.95 Buy It Now 1h 29m
SERUM & BLADERUNNER Back To The Jungle / Who Jah Bless 12" CRITICAL drum n bass US $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
WHO - ULTIMATE COLLECTION (UK) NEW CD US $24.30 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Kill The Man Who Questions Del Cielo Split EP 7" Hardcore Punk DC Richmond US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Who - Endless Wire [Vinyl New] US $17.94 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Hooligans, Who, Very Good US $17.95 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Who Will Answer & Other Favorites Of Our, Ed Ames, Very Good US $7.73 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Rolling Stones Rock Roll Circus Japan Promo Cassette Tape Jethro Tull WHO Lennon US $169.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Jimmy Smith "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" VERVE JAZZ LP GATEFOLD JACKET US $18.95 Buy It Now 1h 38m
The Who: Who's Better, Who's Best (CD, Nov-1988, MCA (USA)) US $7.50 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Lot Of 38 Classic Rock Records, Clapton, Santana, Jethro, Skynyrd, The Who, Etc. US $31.00 [25 bids]
Ultimate Collection (Bonus Tracks) (Limited Edition) - Who US $16.86 Buy It Now 1h 42m
STARTOON USA 7" 45 WHO'S BEEN NAUGHTY? '78 NYC New Wave MINT US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Who's Better, Who's Best by The Who (*Brand New** Cassette, Nov-1988, MCA (USA)) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Rita Coolidge 45 Higher and Higher/Who's to Bless US $2.00 Buy It Now 1h 46m
THE WHO-THE WHO SENSATION THE STORY OF TOMMY-JAPAN DVD BONUS TRACK K03 US $48.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
THE WHO SELL OUT TRACK / POLYDOR GERMANY LIMITED ISSUE PRESSING IMPORT EX/EX US $14.99 [0 bids]
QUAD-The Best Of The Guess Who-Tested-Quadraphonic-8 Track Tape US $19.99 [0 bids]
CARAVAN-FOR GIRLS WHO GROW PLUMP IN THE NIGHT-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Ltd/Ed G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Who Split Time B.C. A.D. Integrity Music CD 1999 US $4.09 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Spragga Benz "Ah Who" and Version 1998 2 Bad Records Reggae 7" Single US $1.99 [1 bids]
CANDI STATON - WHO'S HURTING NOW (UK) NEW VINYL US $50.06 Buy It Now 1h 53m
CD ALBUM.- TRAVIS. - THE MAN WHO. - 1999. US $11.21 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Men At Work Its Mistake , Who Can It Be Now, F19 US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 56m

More places to buy THE WHO music online Buy THE WHO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WHO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WHO Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(33%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(50%)

THE WHO Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B reviews

Review by fuxi
4 stars This is an extraordinary box set which introduces the listener to ALMOST all the best music the Who recorded between 1964 and 1994. When it came out I bought it immediately and I still remember how thrilled I was. As a long-time Who fan I found it incredibly exciting to have so many superb tracks in a single compilation, interspersed with bits of dialogue from Pete Townshend and wonderful snippets of 'Goon style comedy' from Keith Moon. Since the music is spread out over four CDs, the set contains much, much more than the usual hits and commercial highlights. The Who are also well represented at their most delicate and eccentric. For these reasons the set would make a near-ideal introduction to the newcomer. The voluminous photo book is attractive as well.

A look at the extensive track list will show you that all the band's classic singles are here, from "I Can't Explain" and "My Generation" to "Happy Jack" and "Pictures of Lily". The studio albums are well represented, too - particularly THE WHO SELL OUT, LIVE AT LEEDS, WHO'S NEXT, THE WHO BY NUMBERS and WHO ARE YOU, where the selection could hardly be bettered. WHO'S NEXT, the band's greatest album, is included almost in its entirety. For once, the sublime original version of "Pure and Easy" appears right between "Bargain" and "The Song is Over" - exactly where it should be. (I personally would have preferred to see the studio version of "My Wife" included, rather than a 1976 live performance, but I guess you can't have everything...) To their everlasting credit, the compilers also took the trouble to include a fair number of obscure but fascinating tracks such as "Disguises", "Girls' Eyes", "Jaguar", "Melancholia" and "Dogs", most of which had never before been released. ("Dogs" quickly developed into one of my all-time Who favourites!)

Any gripes with this set, then? Well sure, I've got plenty!!!

1. Among the early tracks, why has the crisp studio version of "Substitute" been replaced with the LIVE AT LEEDS version (as on some earlier compilations)? This seems anachronistic and plain wrong.

2. "A Quick One, While He's Away", as represented here, is a patch-up of the original studio version and (during the finale) the live version from the Rolling Stones' Rock and Roll Circus. (Thus allowing the compilers to state, rather misleadingly, on the back of the box, that their version is 'previously unreleased'.) I'll gladly admit the Who's Rock and Roll Circus performance was one of their greatest triumphs, but this kind of approach neither does justice to the studio version, nor to the live version.

3. I can't help thinking QUADROPHENIA (a clear favourite with many proggers) has been shabbily dealt with. Why are only four tracks represented here? Why is there no trace of "The Punk and the Godfather", "I've Had Enough" or "I'm One" when the compilers DID find space for less exciting tracks from an earlier project, such as "Join Together" and "Relay", and (even more disappointingly) for those turgid 1980s live versions of "Twist and Shout" and "I'm a Man"? And, most of all: why include a terribly pedestrian 1979 run-through of "The Real Me" featuring Kenney Jones, when the original studio recording (with Keith Moon) is one of the band's most explosive performances?

4. Finally, as a secret admirer of the 1982 IT'S HARD, I can't help wondering why the only track that always gets chosen from that album is the soporific "Eminence Front". I much prefer the sprightly "Athena" and the dramatic closing number "Cry If You Want".

In spite of my complaints, I feel this set provides a splendid overview of the best part of the Who's career, so if you can find it at a reasonable price, you should have no qualms about purchasing it.

Send comments to fuxi (BETA) | Report this review (#746313) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 29, 2012

Post a review of THE WHO "Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B"