THE LAST SUNRISE

Studio Album, released in 2011

1. Piece of Mind
2. Dark Shadows
3. Miles Away
4. Violent Dream (Part. I)
5. One Moment

- Marcin Grzella / keyboards, acoustic guitar
- Paulina Tomaszewska / vocals

ProgRock Records

Thanks to Cesar Inca for the addition

XANADU MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy XANADU The Last Sunrise Music

The Last SunriseThe Last Sunrise
PROGROCK RECORDS 2011
Einen Traum für diese Welt (1989) / Vinyl Maxi Single [Vinyl 12'']Einen Traum für diese Welt (1989) / Vinyl Maxi Single [Vinyl 12'']
Vinyl$12.99 (used)
Xanadu - Paloma Blue - Coconut - 113 159Xanadu - Paloma Blue - Coconut - 113 159
Coconut
Vinyl$15.25 (used)
Baby Face 7 Inch (7Baby Face 7 Inch (7" Vinyl 45) UK Velvet 1977
Velvet
Vinyl$5.80 (used)
no change +3 45 rpm singleno change +3 45 rpm single
BLACK HOLE
Vinyl$40.00 (used)
Liebe lebt (1992) / Vinyl single [Vinyl-Single 7'']Liebe lebt (1992) / Vinyl single [Vinyl-Single 7'']
Vinyl$5.48 (used)
Charline [Single-CD]Charline [Single-CD]
Audio CD$13.87 (used)
FluoriteFluorite
CD Baby 2009
Olivia Newton-John-Xanadu/Whenever You're Away From Me- MGM 41285 NM 45 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Bebop Revisited Vol. 2 Various-Jazz vinyl LP album record USA XANADU124 US $19.85 Buy It Now 3h 48m
Electric Light Orchestra Xanadu - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack VF wb8 US $1.99 Buy It Now 4h 52m
Xanadu On Broadway Original Broadway Cast Recording CD - New US $15.87 Buy It Now 6h 26m
Olivia Newton John Xanadu + Postcards vinyl LP album record UK JETLX526 JET US $31.48 Buy It Now 10h 27m
Xanadu - Red Label Olivia Newton John UK 7" vinyl single record JET185 JET US $11.53 Buy It Now 11h 8m
WARDELL GRAY live in hollywood LP 7 track (jx6611) french xanadu 1977 US $14.49 Buy It Now 11h 28m
The Early Show Art Pepper Japanese vinyl LP album record JC-3005 XANADU 1977 US $51.42 Buy It Now 11h 42m
Various-Jazz Bebop Revisited Vol. 1 vinyl LP album record USA XANADU120 US $15.20 Buy It Now 12h 15m
Original 1980 XANADU Featuring OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN LP Vinyl Record ALBUM 12" US $3.79 Buy It Now 12h 22m
SAM MOST~FLUTE TALK w/JOE FARRELL~ORIG 1979 XANADU 173 LP~MIKE WOFFORD US $16.50 [0 bids]
WARDELL GRAY & HAMPTON HAWES & ART FARMER "LIVE IN HOLLYWOOD" Xanadu 146 (1978) US $7.00 [0 bids]
TAL FARLOW & EDDIE COSTA "FUERST SET" mono Xanadu 109 DJ copy (1975) US $7.00 [0 bids]
CHARLES McPHERSON & BARRY HARRIS "LIVE IN TOKYO" Xanadu 131 (1976) US $11.00 [0 bids]
CHARLIE PARKER & BUD POWELL "FOUR DECADES OF JAZZ" Dbl. lp on Xanadu 5001 (1978) US $11.00 [0 bids]
15h
SONNY CRISS & BARRY HARRIS "SATURDAY MORNING" Xanadu 105 (1975) US $11.00 [0 bids]
15h
BARRY HARRIS & SAM JONES "LIVE IN TOKYO" Xanadu 130 (1976) US $16.00 [0 bids]
BUD POWELL & KENNY CLARKE "BUD IN PARIS" Xanadu 102 (1975) US $11.00 [0 bids]
XANADU MOTION PICTURE SOUND TRACK ELO/OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN LP RECORD US $0.99 [0 bids]
VA "Four Decades Of Jazz" XANADU 2LP 5001 VG+ / EX US $6.99 [0 bids]
XANADU Soundtrack Vinyl LP ELO Olivia Newton John JETLX526 US $16.60 Buy It Now 17h 17m
DAVE DEE DOZY BEAKY MICK & TICH-The Legend Of Xanadu/Please UK 7" EX Cond US $11.61 Buy It Now 17h 22m
OST / Xanadu 25AP1900 OBI LP AE2280 US $5.99 [0 bids]
OST "NM WAX" / Xanadu 25AP1900 LP AC7612 US $5.99 [0 bids]
OST / "NM WAX" Xanadu MCA-6100 LP AE0209 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Xanadu 45 Rpm Record US $1.49 Buy It Now 17h 50m
OST / "NM WAX" Xanadu 25AP1900 LP S1667 US $5.99 [0 bids]
1980 LP 33RPM-OliviaNewton-John-XANADU - Canada US $3.99 Buy It Now 18h 12m
OST / "NM WAX" Xanadu 25AP1900 ELO LP AE6044 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Mull Historical Society - Watching Xanadu 7" Single Vinyl Record NEG138 US $1.64 [0 bids]
Xanadu Let Me Be Your Sunshine 7" Vinyl US $9.97 Buy It Now 18h 33m
Xanadu [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] by Electric Light Orchestra/Olivia N US $1.99 [0 bids]
OST "NM WAX" / Xanadu 25AP1900 LP AC6455 US $5.99 [0 bids]
OST "NM WAX" / Xanadu 25AP1900 LP AE2095 US $5.99 [0 bids]
OST / Xanadu 25AP1900 LP AD0335 US $5.99 [0 bids]
RONNIE CUBER Cuber Libre Barry Harris Sam Jones Albert Heath Xanadu LP US $39.97 Buy It Now 19h 49m
Dave Dee,Dozy,Beaky,Mick&Tich-Zabadak b/w Legend Of Xanadu 45 US $13.95 Buy It Now 20h 42m
VARIOUS JAZZ xanadu anniversary LP Sealed Xanadu 201 USA 1985 Record US $28.00 Buy It Now 20h 49m
XANADU CD Single OLIVIA FEATURING PAULA Import Electronica US $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 58m
Olivia Newton John Greatest Hits Vol 2 ELO Xanadu Lp A+ FREE US SHIPPING US $11.58 Buy It Now 22h 5m
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN MAGIC FROM XANADU 45 RECORD WITH PIC. SLEEVE US $2.99 Buy It Now 22h 30m
OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN w/E.L.O. - XANADU / WHENEVER YOU'RE AWAY FROM ME (41286) US $1.99 [0 bids]
OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN w/Gene Kelly - WHENEVER YOU'RE AWAY FROM ME / XANADU (41285) US $1.99 [0 bids]
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN - Magic (From The Movie Xanadu) / Fool Country - 45RPM US $1.50 [0 bids]
Ronnie Cuber - Cuber Libre W/ Barry Harris (Orig Us) (Xanadu) Lp US $64.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVE DEE DOZY BEAKY MICK & TICH 7" PS Japan THE LEGEND OF XANADU car cover r5957 US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Elo - Xanadu - Original Motion Pictu (NEW CD) US $9.54 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVE DEE DOZY BEAKY MICK AND TICH legend of xanadu 7" solid centre label design US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Shorty Rogers & Art Pepper - Popo (CD, 1995, Xanadu Records) OOP mint US $60.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Dave Dee Dozy Mich and Tich DDM&T Ok legend of Xanadu Japan PS DJ copy US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
s/t XANADU-ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA/OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN NO BARCODES VG+/VG+ LP US $7.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Al Cohn & Jimmy Rowles-Heavy Love-Xanadu 145-Sax Great-EX Vinyl-Classic Jazz LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
(NEW in Unopened Package) Xanadu on Broadway Original Cast Recording CD US $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Xanadu [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] by Electric Light... US $2.42 Buy It Now 1 day
soundtrack, XANADU Original Soundtrack CD. feat. ELO US $11.15 Buy It Now 1 day
THE JAGUARS 7" PS JAPAN GS LEGEND OF XANADU?R394 US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Xanadu Vinyl Feat, ELO and Olivia Newton-John*DESCRIPTION REVISED/PRIC US $1.50 [0 bids]
Xanadu 12" Mexican rare ps 1980 sealed soundtrack original electrick light orche US $19.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Xanadu - 1980 - ELO & Olivia Newton-John + The Wiz 1975 and Carousel 1994/1956 US $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN - MAGIC (XANADU) - 45 RPM US $1.42 Buy It Now 2 days
Sonny Criss Saturday Morning Barry Harris Leroy Vinnegar XANADU JAPAN JAZZ CD US $39.99 [0 bids]
Dolo Coker California Hard Blue Mitchell Art Pepper Xanadu mini-LP JAPAN JAZZ CD US $39.99 [0 bids]
Charles McPherson ?Beautiful! Sam Jones Duke Jordan Xanadu JAPAN JAZZ CD US $39.99 [0 bids]
XANADU/soundtrack ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA ELO olivia newton-john DANCE new tap US $4.88 Buy It Now 2 days
E.L.O & OLIVIA NEWTON-JHON XANADU JAPAN CD CSCS-6034 OBI 1980 RARE US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
XANADU ELIGHT LIGHT ORCHESTRA SINGLE I'M ALIVE US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
VINYL 7" SINGLE - ELO - XANADU - JET 179 US $11.61 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAKY, MICK & TICH - LEGEND OF XANADU 7" VINYL - UNPLAYED US $9.12 Buy It Now 2 days
Electric Light Orchestra(7" Vinyl)Xanadu-Jet-JET179-UK-VG/VG US $6.63 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimmy Raney,Sonny Clark,XANADU,Red Mitchell,Bobby White,1994 Japan CD OOP US $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
XANADU Movie Soundtrack LP Olivia Newton John & ELO MCA Records MCA-6100 US $0.99 [0 bids]
DAVE DEE DOZY BREAKY MICH & TICH / 7" 33RPM EP PS / THE LEGEND OF XANADU US $59.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVE DEE DOZY BEAKY MICK.., LEGEND OF XANADU, 7" SINGLE US $9.97 Buy It Now 2 days
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA XANADU - I'M ALIVE - HOLLAND 45 SINGLE US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JAZZ LP: MICKEY TUCKER Sojourn XANADU Hardman Cook Cuber Mcbee Gladden US $14.95 Buy It Now 2 days
OST / "NM WAX" Xanadu 25AP1900 LP AB0905 US $7.99 [0 bids]
OST / "NM WAX" Xanadu 25AP1900 OBI LP AE0316 US $7.99 [0 bids]
OST / "NM WAX" Xanadu 25AP1900 LP AD6884 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Kimball Christmas Electronic Organ LP Enterprise Xanadu Byron Melcher Hal Vincen US $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Olivia Newton-John GOLD 2CD Greatest Hits IMPORT GREASE XANADU US $9.97 Buy It Now 2 days
Xanadu [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Remastered] by Electric Light... US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Rush - A Farewell To Kings CD The Rush Remasters Series Xanadu Cygnus X-1 NEW US $5.99 [0 bids]
Four Decades Of Jazz A Musical History Of Xanadu LP XANADU 5001 US $9.97 Buy It Now 2 days
(CU929) Sarah Blasko, Xanadu - 2011 DJ CD US $4.97 Buy It Now 2 days
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN - 45 VINYL RECORD - "MAGIC" from XANADU US $3.64 Buy It Now 2 days
TAL FARLOW Fuerst Set XANADU109 LP Ab1003 US $7.99 [0 bids]
EARL HINES - Varieties ~ XANADU 203 {nm} - NOTE: "Helen Merrill's first session" US $32.99 Buy It Now 2 days
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN rare GREATEST HITS vol.2 Magic PHYSICAL suddenly XANADU tied US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN lp XANADU argentina ID# 27703 PROMO BANNER ON LABEL-1980 EPI US $23.00 Buy It Now 2 days
XANADU The Last Sunrise NEW CD PROG Porcupine Tree, Sylvan, Riverside, Pendragon US $9.99 [0 bids]
DOLO COKER - California Hard ~ XANADU 142 {orig} w/Blue Mitchell, Pepper - RARE US $22.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Lot Of 6 Various Soundtrack CD Like "Rocky,Vision Quest,Xanadu, Break Fast Club US $23.96 Buy It Now 3 days
XANADU ~ Original Motion Picture Soundtrack GATEFOLD LP US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
XANADU electric light orchestra & olivia newton-john vg US $15.88 Buy It Now 3 days
Soundtrack, Xanadu Audio CD US $8.31 Buy It Now 3 days
Xanadu - The Original Broadway Cast Rec (NEW CD) US $21.17 Buy It Now 3 days
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA ELO: XANADU FILM SOUNDTRACK OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN / NEW US $4.93 Buy It Now 3 days
DAVE DEE DOZY BEAKY MICK AND TICH Legend Of Xanadu 7" B/w Zabadak (og9243) UK Ol US $8.29 Buy It Now 3 days
MULL HISTORICAL SOCIETY watching xanadu 7" b/w pigeon lovesong (neg138) pic slv US $8.29 Buy It Now 3 days
XANADU ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA - JEFF LYNNE **I'M ALIVE** 45 RPM US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy XANADU music online Buy XANADU & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for XANADU DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

XANADU The Last Sunrise ratings distribution

XANADU The Last Sunrise reviews

Review by Windhawk
4 stars Polish band XANADU was formed back in 2008, and after scoring an initial demo in 2010 they started to further develop material for their debut album. The end result came in the shape of "The Last Sunrise", released by Progrock Records in 2011.

I'd suspect fans of Riverside should be singled out as the main target audience for Xanadu, as there are plenty of similarities between these two acts as far as stylistic expression go. But fans of Porcupine Tree and to a lesser extent Sylvan might also find quite a lot to enjoy on this disc. And I suspect most people into all three bands references will find this album to be a worthwhile acquisition.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#783787) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 07, 2012

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
4 stars There are many great progressive bands coming out of Poland these days, and Xanadu can be added to that long list. The band came together in 2008 with the idea of performing ambitious music with a hint of melancholy ? so I think it is safe to say that they have achieved their aims with this their debut album (there was a promo album 'Violent Dream' released in 2010) which came out in 2011 on ProgRock Records. It is obvious that there are going to be comparisons with Riverside due to the fact that they are from the same country, but here the comparison is justified as musically there are quite a few similarities. This is a driving rock band and Hubert Murawski is key to the overall success of this album as here is a band that remembers how to put 'rock' back into the genre. Lyrics are in English, with not too much accent, and the feeling here is of a band reaching for the heights and managing to attain them.

This is a prog album that demands attention of fans of Riverside, Votum and the like as they bring the power of neo-prog into an arena that verges on the metallic. Great stuff!

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#810372) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 25, 2012

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
4 stars "The Last Sunrise" took me by surprise. In fact, I had never heard of Xanadu till I saw "kev rowland's" review a week or two ago. However, what caught my eye was the fact that they are similar to Riverside. Riverside, being my favorite band, is quite unique in many ways, and it is difficult to find anything else that will satisfy my Riverside craving. That is, until now.

Xanadu's "The Last Sunrise" is very much influenced by Riverside. Or, perhaps, both of these bands are influenced by a different source---I cannot be sure. The melancholy, breathy vocals are quite like Maruisz Duda's; and the high-tuned, ambient guitar work often sounds like it is right off of "Second Life Syndrome". The overall sound is quite eerie and moody with an emphasis on strange beats and time signatures. This is not unlike Riverside, but I must assert that the drums on this album are superior to any that Riverside has produced (I consider the drums to be Riverside's greatest weakness). With all of this, they do resemble Riverside---we have to be honest here. In fact, my wife thought that I was listening to Riverside. Honestly, though, this is more of a strength than a weakness. What Xanadu loses in originality---they gain in sheer excellence.

Yet, I do not want to take anything away from these musicians. They may resemble Riverside, but they are in no way a carbon copy. There is plenty of song-writing originality here, and the musicianship itself is on par with, if not better than, Riverside. The dark theme that is employed helps you feel the restlessness, the longing, and the anguish that the songs present: There is still some pure prog rock at the heart of the music, however. This band certainly deserves some head-banging and profound thought---both at the same time.

Track List:

1. "Piece of Mind": This track is a great opening song with some good vocal harmonization and some great riffing as well. The guttural vocals at the end really evoke a mood for the rest of the album. 8/10.

2. "Dark Shadows": This track is really well done. It is dark and brooding, and the instrumental portion in the last half is something I look forward to when I start the album. 10/10.

3. "Miles Away": Again, some awesome vocal harmony that really puts the singer into the music. The longing and raw emotion here are quite stunning. 9/10.

4. "Violent Dream": With a title like this, this band is asking to be compared to Riverside's "Reality Dream". This track is instrumental only, and it is very psychedelic and brooding. I find that the drumming is especially good here, as there are some really strange time signatures therein. 9/10.

5. "One Moment": This track is another favorite of mine on this album. There is plenty of pure prog rock here, and the breathy vocals in the beginning really hit my soft spot. The faster tempo near the end really gets my adrenaline rushing, as well. 10/10.

6. "Vicious Circle": This track has some great, heavy riffing and some strange lyrical content. I feel that this may be the weakest track, although the standard is pretty high. 7/10.

7. "The Last Sunrise": Normally, the title track of an album is one of my favorites, but I have to say that this song is second to last. I feel that it is a bit too repetitive for the majority of its 10+ minutes, but I feel that the last 3 minutes redeem it somewhat----these few minutes end the album on a high note. 8/10.

All in all, this is an album that I have not been able to resist. Sure, it does resemble Riverside, but Xanadu takes this influence and makes it all their own style---the similarities should definitely not be dwelt upon at all. If the final two tracks would have been as strong as the rest of the album, I am afraid that my itchy trigger finger would have given this album the 5 star treatment. As it is, though, I expect great things from this band, and I look forward to their next release eagerly.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#813193) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 31, 2012

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
3 stars I noted this album by chance, when doing some pickings based upon cover illustrations. The name and ethereal vision of a couple lying admits the cloudy layers of troposphere. Musically this Polish band has managed to include some atmospheric elements to their guitar driven artistic heavy metal expression, these feelings emerging mostly from Paweł Balcer's and Marcin Grzella's keyboards. I was surprised that these two musicians were credited as guests, as without them I would find this well produced and diligently finished record to escape the fences of conventional hard rock album standards. I hope the synth elements are included in a way or other on their live concerts to ensure the spacey feelings, which related to my memories from Swedish group Book of Hours or Finnish Tuliterä. Of course the group's innovation most certainly originates from some other groups, possibly Dream Theater or other heavy prog groups I personally am not aware of. The players are certainly skillful, and the compositions are decorated with witty details. The mixing is also done very well; It was delighting to hear all instruments, including the bass guitar which I usually have not heard being very audible on heavy music records. As my personal impression the enervating factor on the listening experience was the general feeling of the music, which didn't touch very deeply my current state of mind. Also in spite of certain enthusiasm shimmering from the album, I got a feeling that I have heard this all already many times on other similar records. I however tried to think this act from the perspective of the musicians ? I may be wrong, but thought that finding connections and identity from to this kind of Western-European heavy art rock culture might be an eligible and rewarding goal for the band and their audience. Also when I reflect to my own personal musical preferences, many neo-classical hippie bands I adore could be described also not bringing anything new under the sun, just carrying forward the torch of past generations dreams and elements of late 1960's cultural heritage. So if bit more cooler heavy riffings and themes like "Violent Dreams" or "Vicious Circle"s within modern heavy prog idioms should be appealing, I believe this album and artist is certainly worth of checking out. The appraisals from other writings about this album should strengthen this presumption.

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#1038431) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 18, 2013

4 stars I knew XANADU has been playing around for quite a long time, because i knew about them almost at the same time I knew about Riverside. I was desperately looking for music of them but never found it until 2011, when finally they released their first album "The Last Sunrise", I didn't hesitate t ... (read more)

Report this review (#1038761) | Posted by Memo_anathemo | Wednesday, September 18, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of XANADU "The Last Sunrise"