THE LAST SUNRISE

Studio Album, released in 2011

1. Piece of Mind
2. Dark Shadows
3. Miles Away
4. Violent Dream (Part. I)
5. One Moment

- Marcin Grzella / keyboards, acoustic guitar
- Paulina Tomaszewska / vocals

ProgRock Records

Thanks to Cesar Inca for the addition

XANADU MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy XANADU The Last Sunrise Music

The Last SunriseThe Last Sunrise
PROGROCK RECORDS 2011
Einen Traum für diese Welt (1989) / Vinyl Maxi Single [Vinyl 12'']Einen Traum für diese Welt (1989) / Vinyl Maxi Single [Vinyl 12'']
Vinyl$12.99 (used)
Paloma blue [Single-CD]Paloma blue [Single-CD]
Audio CD$6.49 (used)
I Wish There Was a Way Back HomeI Wish There Was a Way Back Home
CD Baby 2009
Forever TiesForever Ties
Indie 2001
Wenn du willst.. (1989) / Vinyl single [Vinyl-Single 7'']Wenn du willst.. (1989) / Vinyl single [Vinyl-Single 7'']
Vinyl$5.10 (used)
Charline [Single-CD]Charline [Single-CD]
Audio CD$13.87 (used)
FluoriteFluorite
CD Baby 2009
Soundtrack LP XANADU OST Olivia Newton John ELO USA VG+++ US $13.95 Buy It Now 54m 4s
DAVE DEE DOZY BEAKY MICK TICH 45 XANADU AUSTRALIA NM 1968 ORIG! US $20.00 Buy It Now 57m 8s
Rush La Villa In Xanadu Mini LP Lifeson Lee US $16.49 [2 bids]
Disco Hyper Mix Magic - Japan CD-NEW SUPPRTED BY XANADU US $16.99 Buy It Now 7h 46m
Olivia Newton-John-Xanadu/Whenever You're Away From Me- MGM 41285 NM 45 US $3.99 [0 bids]
XANADU SOUNDTRACK - ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA & OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN 1980 G/F LP EX US $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 55m
OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN / ELO - XANADU 7" VINYL 1980 JET US $5.89 Buy It Now 9h 54m
XANADU - SOUNDTRACK (VARIOUS ARTISTS) (CASSETTE) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 10h 36m
* West Coast Tenors by Various Artists (CD, Xanadu Records) US $7.99 Buy It Now 11h 25m
Dozy Beaky Mick & Tich Dave Dee - Legend of Xanadu US $4.15 Buy It Now 11h 26m
Olivia Newton John / ELO - Xanadu - JET 185 - 7-inch Record US $10.11 Buy It Now 11h 58m
Xanadu-Original Motion Picture Soundtrack- [Paper Label Cassette] - (cassette) US $4.50 Buy It Now 12h 11m
Xanadu-Original Motion Picture Soundtrack- [Clear Shell Cassette] - (cassette) US $4.50 Buy It Now 12h 16m
XANADU SOUNDTRACK LP-ELO, OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN-G/F Sl-inner 8 Postcards + insert US $12.14 Buy It Now 14h 32m
OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN w/E.L.O. - XANADU / WHENEVER YOU'RE AWAY FROM ME (41286) US $1.99 [0 bids]
OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN w/Gene Kelly - WHENEVER YOU'RE AWAY FROM ME / XANADU (41285) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Xanadu On Broadway Original Cast Recording CD 2008 Version 80s Rock Magic Dancin US $15.19 Buy It Now 16h 23m
Original 1980 XANADU Featuring OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN LP Vinyl Record ALBUM 12" US $5.27 Buy It Now 16h 37m
RARE SP OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN XANADU US $4.99 [0 bids]
Olivia Newton-John with Gene Kelly Whenever Youre Away/ Xanadu 45 white sleeve US $2.69 Buy It Now 19h 58m
XANADU - SOUNDTRACK LP - RECORDED IN EUROPE - MCA 1980 - GATE FOLD - OLIVIA N. J US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Electric Light Orchestra - I'm Alive/Xanadu 45 w/PS UK IMPORT US $0.01 [0 bids]
Olivia Newton John Greatest Hits Vol 2 ELO Xanadu Lp A+ FREE US SHIPPING US $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Brian Soares "MAGIC" 1985 12" single (Xanadu Track!) US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DOLO COKER California Hard ART PEPPER Blue Mitchell XANADU Leroy Vinnegar US $8.00 [1 bids]
olivia newton john xanadu 45rpm record from Japan.rare.(magic,fool country) US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Olivia feat Paula - Xanadu 6 Track CD Single US $7.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Electric Light Orchestra(7" Vinyl)Xanadu-Jet-JET179-UK-VG/VG US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dave Dee (7" Vinyl)Legend Of Xanadu-Old Gold-OG 9243-UK-VG/Ex US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich(7" Vinyl)The Legend Of Xanadu-Fontana-TF 903- US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky Mick And Tich(7" Vinyl)The Legend Of Xanadu-TF 903-UK-VG/E US $13.49 Buy It Now 1 day
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN - Magic (From The Movie Xanadu) / Fool Country - 45RPM US $1.50 [0 bids]
FOUR DECADE OF JAZZ MUSICAL HISTORY OF XANADU SEALED LP US $25.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bebop Revisited Vol. 2 Various-Jazz vinyl LP album record USA XANADU124 US $18.82 Buy It Now 1 day
Olivia Newton John Magic Xanadu Soundtrack MCA41247 R VG PS VG (45-8784) US $3.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Olivia Newton John Magic Xanadu MCA41247 R VG+ PS EX (45-8906) US $3.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Olivia Newton John Xanadu UK vinyl LP album record JETLX526 JET 1980 US $31.43 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVE DEE DOZY BEAKY MICK & TICH the legend of xanadu 7" VINYL 45rpm GERMANY 1968 US $6.99 [0 bids]
DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAKY, MICK & TICH The Legend of Xanadu Norwegian 45PS 1968 US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVE DEE DOZY BEAKY MICK & TICH THE LEGEND OF XANADU 45 1968 US $0.84 [0 bids]
Prince 1999, Xanadu , Safety Dance, Leo Sawyer Lot of 45 RPM Records US $5.00 [0 bids]
Olivia Newton John/Xanadu-1980 magazine advert US $8.42 Buy It Now 1 day
XANADU LP FROM THE ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK W/ELO & OLIVIA-NEWTON JOHN US $9.99 [0 bids]
Bob Berg - New Birth - Jazz Funk on Xanadu Tom Harrell Cedar Walton LP record US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
XANADU Album US $5.99 [0 bids]
ELO E.L.O. Jeff Lynne DUT 7" w/pic slv "All Over The World" Xanadu US $7.50 [0 bids]
ELO E.L.O. Jeff Lynne DUT 7" w/pic slv "Don't Walk Away" Xanadu US $7.50 [0 bids]
Olivia Newton-John DUT 7" w/pic slv "Magic" Xanadu US $3.50 [0 bids]
Olivia Newton-John DUT 7" w/pic slv "Xanadu" Xanadu US $5.00 [0 bids]
Xanadu Olivia Newtown John ELO Electric Light Orchestra on vinyl US $9.99 [0 bids]
Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich Xanadu Japan 45 DDDBMT US $9.99 [0 bids]
OLD SCHOOL BOOGIE RAP Xanadu & Sweet Lady Rappers Delight US Joe Gibbs 12" US $16.87 [0 bids]
DAVE DEE , DOZY BEAKY , MICK & TICK - THE LEGEND OF XANADU / PLEASE 45'S VINYL US $15.00 [0 bids]
Xanadu 45 Rpm Record US $1.49 Buy It Now 1 day
VG++ OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN & ELO XANADU 1980 45 RPM MCA RECORDS 41285 US $2.98 Buy It Now 1 day
ELO * I'M ALIVE & DRUM DREAMS * 45 RPM * XANADU US $4.75 Buy It Now 1 day
RONNIE CUBER Eleventh Day of Aquarius LP Xanadu 1979 Original Jazz Vinyl Record US $9.99 [0 bids]
XANADU - THE LAST SUNRISE * - NEW CD US $12.79 Buy It Now 1 day
? DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAKY, MICK & TICH -Time to Take Off-Zabadak (legend of Xanadu US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
OST / Xanadu MCA-6100 Olivia Newton-John LP AB7691 US $4.99 [0 bids]
XANADU Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD ELO US $9.25 Buy It Now 1 day
I'm Alive / Drum Dreams by Electric Light Orchestra 45 W/PS (MCA, 1980) Xanadu US $1.00 [0 bids]
JPN w/Obi ++ Xanadu ++ Forever Ties _ JPN Melodic HR US $9.99 [0 bids]
EARL COLEMAN A Song For You LP Xanadu 147 Al Cohn, Hank Jones US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Xanadu - Soundtrack 05864584 US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Al Cohn and Jimmy Rowles--Heavy Love LP Xanadu label US $5.00 [0 bids]
Charles McPherson ?Beautiful! Sam Jones Duke Jordan Xanadu JAPAN JAZZ CD US $39.99 [0 bids]
Dolo Coker California Hard Blue Mitchell Art Pepper Xanadu mini-LP JAPAN JAZZ CD US $39.99 [0 bids]
Sonny Criss Saturday Morning Barry Harris Leroy Vinnegar XANADU JAPAN JAZZ CD US $39.99 [0 bids]
KIRSTY K Xanadu AUS CD SINGLE 1995 **HI NRG VERSION** US $9.29 [0 bids]
Jazz BILLY MITCHELL De Lawd's Blues NM- Xanadu-182 ORIG EB146 US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Alex Geddy Neil RUSH "A Farewell To Kings" Remastered CD "XANADU" NM US $4.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Bebop Revisited Vol. 1 Various-Jazz vinyl LP album record USA XANADU120 US $20.18 Buy It Now 2 days
Xanadu On Broadway Original Broadway Cast Recording CD - New US $18.58 Buy It Now 2 days
WARDELL GRAY live in hollywood LP 7 track (jx6611) french xanadu 1977 US $15.50 Buy It Now 2 days
record LP 12" disco promo Xanadu / I'm Alive / Fired Up - Ultimix 126 bpm VG++ US $24.99 [0 bids]
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA/OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN - XANADU,12" ALBUM ON VINYL US $1.67 [1 bids]
Electric Light Orchestra(7" Vinyl P/S)Xanadu-Jet-JET 179-UK-Ex-/VG US $6.40 Buy It Now 2 days
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN - ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Xanadu 7 1980 Listen US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN MAGIC FROM XANADU 45 RECORD WITH PIC. SLEEVE US $1.99 [0 bids]
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN - Xanadu( With ELO) / Whenever You're Away From Me - 45 RPM US $2.25 [0 bids]
XANADU Soundtrack Vinyl LP ELO Olivia Newton John JETLX526 US $16.87 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVE DEE DOZY BEAKY MICK & TICH-The Legend Of Xanadu/Please UK 7" EX Cond US $11.80 Buy It Now 2 days
Xanadu Let Me Be Your Sunshine 7" Vinyl US $8.02 Buy It Now 2 days
Olivia Newton-John & Cliff Richard Suddenly ("Xanadu") / You Made Me 45 rpm NM US $3.25 Buy It Now 2 days
RONNIE CUBER Cuber Libre Barry Harris Sam Jones Albert Heath Xanadu LP US $39.97 Buy It Now 2 days
Dave Dee,Dozy,Beaky,Mick&Tich-Zabadak b/w Legend Of Xanadu 45 US $13.95 Buy It Now 2 days
VARIOUS JAZZ xanadu anniversary LP Sealed Xanadu 201 USA 1985 Record US $35.00 Buy It Now 2 days
XANADU CD Single OLIVIA FEATURING PAULA Import Electronica US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
XANADU Original Soundtrack LP Olivia Newton-John US $5.99 [0 bids]
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN - 45 VINYL RECORD - "MAGIC" from XANADU US $3.72 Buy It Now 3 days
Ronnie Cuber - Cuber Libre W/ Barry Harris (Orig Us) (Xanadu) Lp US $64.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DAVE DEE DOZY BEAKY MICK & TICH 7" PS Japan THE LEGEND OF XANADU car cover r5957 US $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DAVE DEE DOZY BEAKY MICK AND TICH legend of xanadu 7" solid centre label design US $8.42 Buy It Now 3 days
Xanadu Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD (1980, Jet Records ) 14 Tracks US $14.00 Buy It Now 3 days
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Drum Dreams / Im Alive 7 incg 45 XANADU US $0.75 [0 bids]
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN - Xanadu / Whenever You're Away From Me - 45 RPM - MCA Label US $0.75 [0 bids]
1 CENT LP: Olivia Newton-John: Xanadu: Magic/Fool Country ( US $0.01 [0 bids]
Dave Dee Dozy Mich and Tich DDM&T Ok legend of Xanadu Japan PS DJ copy US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
s/t XANADU-ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA/OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN NO BARCODES VG+/VG+ LP US $7.98 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy XANADU music online Buy XANADU & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for XANADU DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

XANADU The Last Sunrise ratings distribution

XANADU The Last Sunrise reviews

Review by Windhawk
4 stars Polish band XANADU was formed back in 2008, and after scoring an initial demo in 2010 they started to further develop material for their debut album. The end result came in the shape of "The Last Sunrise", released by Progrock Records in 2011.

I'd suspect fans of Riverside should be singled out as the main target audience for Xanadu, as there are plenty of similarities between these two acts as far as stylistic expression go. But fans of Porcupine Tree and to a lesser extent Sylvan might also find quite a lot to enjoy on this disc. And I suspect most people into all three bands references will find this album to be a worthwhile acquisition.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#783787) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 07, 2012

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
4 stars There are many great progressive bands coming out of Poland these days, and Xanadu can be added to that long list. The band came together in 2008 with the idea of performing ambitious music with a hint of melancholy ? so I think it is safe to say that they have achieved their aims with this their debut album (there was a promo album 'Violent Dream' released in 2010) which came out in 2011 on ProgRock Records. It is obvious that there are going to be comparisons with Riverside due to the fact that they are from the same country, but here the comparison is justified as musically there are quite a few similarities. This is a driving rock band and Hubert Murawski is key to the overall success of this album as here is a band that remembers how to put 'rock' back into the genre. Lyrics are in English, with not too much accent, and the feeling here is of a band reaching for the heights and managing to attain them.

This is a prog album that demands attention of fans of Riverside, Votum and the like as they bring the power of neo-prog into an arena that verges on the metallic. Great stuff!

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#810372) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 25, 2012

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
4 stars "The Last Sunrise" took me by surprise. In fact, I had never heard of Xanadu till I saw "kev rowland's" review a week or two ago. However, what caught my eye was the fact that they are similar to Riverside. Riverside, being my favorite band, is quite unique in many ways, and it is difficult to find anything else that will satisfy my Riverside craving. That is, until now.

Xanadu's "The Last Sunrise" is very much influenced by Riverside. Or, perhaps, both of these bands are influenced by a different source---I cannot be sure. The melancholy, breathy vocals are quite like Maruisz Duda's; and the high-tuned, ambient guitar work often sounds like it is right off of "Second Life Syndrome". The overall sound is quite eerie and moody with an emphasis on strange beats and time signatures. This is not unlike Riverside, but I must assert that the drums on this album are superior to any that Riverside has produced (I consider the drums to be Riverside's greatest weakness). With all of this, they do resemble Riverside---we have to be honest here. In fact, my wife thought that I was listening to Riverside. Honestly, though, this is more of a strength than a weakness. What Xanadu loses in originality---they gain in sheer excellence.

Yet, I do not want to take anything away from these musicians. They may resemble Riverside, but they are in no way a carbon copy. There is plenty of song-writing originality here, and the musicianship itself is on par with, if not better than, Riverside. The dark theme that is employed helps you feel the restlessness, the longing, and the anguish that the songs present: There is still some pure prog rock at the heart of the music, however. This band certainly deserves some head-banging and profound thought---both at the same time.

Track List:

1. "Piece of Mind": This track is a great opening song with some good vocal harmonization and some great riffing as well. The guttural vocals at the end really evoke a mood for the rest of the album. 8/10.

2. "Dark Shadows": This track is really well done. It is dark and brooding, and the instrumental portion in the last half is something I look forward to when I start the album. 10/10.

3. "Miles Away": Again, some awesome vocal harmony that really puts the singer into the music. The longing and raw emotion here are quite stunning. 9/10.

4. "Violent Dream": With a title like this, this band is asking to be compared to Riverside's "Reality Dream". This track is instrumental only, and it is very psychedelic and brooding. I find that the drumming is especially good here, as there are some really strange time signatures therein. 9/10.

5. "One Moment": This track is another favorite of mine on this album. There is plenty of pure prog rock here, and the breathy vocals in the beginning really hit my soft spot. The faster tempo near the end really gets my adrenaline rushing, as well. 10/10.

6. "Vicious Circle": This track has some great, heavy riffing and some strange lyrical content. I feel that this may be the weakest track, although the standard is pretty high. 7/10.

7. "The Last Sunrise": Normally, the title track of an album is one of my favorites, but I have to say that this song is second to last. I feel that it is a bit too repetitive for the majority of its 10+ minutes, but I feel that the last 3 minutes redeem it somewhat----these few minutes end the album on a high note. 8/10.

All in all, this is an album that I have not been able to resist. Sure, it does resemble Riverside, but Xanadu takes this influence and makes it all their own style---the similarities should definitely not be dwelt upon at all. If the final two tracks would have been as strong as the rest of the album, I am afraid that my itchy trigger finger would have given this album the 5 star treatment. As it is, though, I expect great things from this band, and I look forward to their next release eagerly.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#813193) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 31, 2012

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
3 stars I noted this album by chance, when doing some pickings based upon cover illustrations. The name and ethereal vision of a couple lying admits the cloudy layers of troposphere. Musically this Polish band has managed to include some atmospheric elements to their guitar driven artistic heavy metal expression, these feelings emerging mostly from Paweł Balcer's and Marcin Grzella's keyboards. I was surprised that these two musicians were credited as guests, as without them I would find this well produced and diligently finished record to escape the fences of conventional hard rock album standards. I hope the synth elements are included in a way or other on their live concerts to ensure the spacey feelings, which related to my memories from Swedish group Book of Hours or Finnish Tuliterä. Of course the group's innovation most certainly originates from some other groups, possibly Dream Theater or other heavy prog groups I personally am not aware of. The players are certainly skillful, and the compositions are decorated with witty details. The mixing is also done very well; It was delighting to hear all instruments, including the bass guitar which I usually have not heard being very audible on heavy music records. As my personal impression the enervating factor on the listening experience was the general feeling of the music, which didn't touch very deeply my current state of mind. Also in spite of certain enthusiasm shimmering from the album, I got a feeling that I have heard this all already many times on other similar records. I however tried to think this act from the perspective of the musicians ? I may be wrong, but thought that finding connections and identity from to this kind of Western-European heavy art rock culture might be an eligible and rewarding goal for the band and their audience. Also when I reflect to my own personal musical preferences, many neo-classical hippie bands I adore could be described also not bringing anything new under the sun, just carrying forward the torch of past generations dreams and elements of late 1960's cultural heritage. So if bit more cooler heavy riffings and themes like "Violent Dreams" or "Vicious Circle"s within modern heavy prog idioms should be appealing, I believe this album and artist is certainly worth of checking out. The appraisals from other writings about this album should strengthen this presumption.

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#1038431) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 18, 2013

4 stars I knew XANADU has been playing around for quite a long time, because i knew about them almost at the same time I knew about Riverside. I was desperately looking for music of them but never found it until 2011, when finally they released their first album "The Last Sunrise", I didn't hesitate t ... (read more)

Report this review (#1038761) | Posted by Memo_anathemo | Wednesday, September 18, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of XANADU "The Last Sunrise"