THE LAST SUNRISE

Studio Album, released in 2011

1. Piece of Mind
2. Dark Shadows
3. Miles Away
4. Violent Dream (Part. I)
5. One Moment

- Marcin Grzella / keyboards, acoustic guitar
- Paulina Tomaszewska / vocals

ProgRock Records

Thanks to Cesar Inca for the addition

XANADU MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy XANADU The Last Sunrise Music

The Last SunriseThe Last Sunrise
PROGROCK RECORDS 2011
Einen Traum für diese Welt (1989) / Vinyl Maxi Single [Vinyl 12'']Einen Traum für diese Welt (1989) / Vinyl Maxi Single [Vinyl 12'']
Vinyl$12.99 (used)
Paloma blue (1990) / Vinyl single [Vinyl-Single 7'']Paloma blue (1990) / Vinyl single [Vinyl-Single 7'']
Vinyl$4.46 (used)
I Wish There Was a Way Back HomeI Wish There Was a Way Back Home
CD Baby 2009
Forever TiesForever Ties
Indie 2001
Wenn du willst.. (1989) / Vinyl single [Vinyl-Single 7'']Wenn du willst.. (1989) / Vinyl single [Vinyl-Single 7'']
Vinyl$5.10 (used)
Charline [Single-CD]Charline [Single-CD]
Audio CD$13.87 (used)
FluoriteFluorite
CD Baby 2009
Xanadu Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP Record Album, Great Condition US $3.00 [1 bids]
ELO Electric Light Orchestra All Over The World Drum Dreams Xanadu 7" 45 RPM US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 21m
OLIVIA featuring PAULA / XANADU JAPAN CD OOP US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 5m
HAMPTON HAWES/PAUL CHAMBERS EAST/WEST CONTROVERSY XANADU104 *NO COVER* NEAR MINT US $6.61 Buy It Now 6h 35m
BILLY ECKSTINE - I WANT TO TALK ABOUT YOU NM M (XANADU) LP US $22.95 Buy It Now 7h 26m
EARL HINES - AT THE VILLAGE VANGUARD W/ ROY ELDRIDGE (Original US) (XANADU) LP US $27.95 Buy It Now 7h 27m
DOLO COKER - DOLO VG++NM (XANADU) LP US $31.95 Buy It Now 7h 27m
DAVID ALLYN - DON'T LOOK BACK VG++ VG+ (XANADU) LP US $37.95 Buy It Now 7h 27m
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN - Magic (From The Movie Xanadu) / Fool Country - 45RPM US $1.50 [0 bids]
DAVE DEE DOZY BEAKY MICK & TICH - THE LEGEND OF XANADU - FONTANA 7" US $4.96 Buy It Now 11h 2m
7" old gold record DAVE DEE DOZY BEAKY MICK & TICH legend of xanadu US $11.42 Buy It Now 11h 38m
Xanadu ~ Olivia Newton-John ELO/ Japan LP/ Inner Sleeve Sheet Gatefold US $10.99 Buy It Now 12h 28m
DAVE DEE DOZY BEAKY MICK & TICH - The Legend Of Xanadu - 1968 UK wide centred 7" US $29.82 Buy It Now 12h 41m
XANADU /ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA/OLIVI?A NEWTON-JOHN LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 11m
Xanadu - Dragonslayer LP Obi Japan Anime MSX Mega Rare US $49.99 Buy It Now 13h 19m
ELO OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN SEAsia Malaysia 12" LP XANADU Electric Light Orchestra US $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 2m
Xanadu CD by Electric Light Orchestra Olivia Newton-John ELO US $5.99 Buy It Now 14h 8m
RED NORVO/TIME IN HIS HANDS ORIG US XANADU199 US $48.50 Buy It Now 16h 5m
RED NORVO/TIME IN HIS HANDS ORIG US XANADU199 US $48.50 Buy It Now 16h 6m
XANADU NEWTON JOHN MUSIC FLYER FROM JAPAN (AUG2) US $8.27 Buy It Now 17h 47m
OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN ELO Xanadu 1980 UK LP VINYL FILM OST EXCELLENT CONDITION US $16.56 Buy It Now 17h 57m
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA-I'M ALIVE-7"-1980-"XANADU" SOUNDTRACK-World Ship $6.00 US $2.95 Buy It Now 18h 19m
OLIVIA'S GREATEST HITS VOL. 2 CD Olivia Newton-John Physical Tied Up Xanadu US $15.99 Buy It Now 18h 40m
DAVE DEE, DOZY BEAKY MICK & TICH. THE LEGEND OF XANADU-Fontana TF903-UK 7" 1968 US $4.96 Buy It Now 18h 49m
XANADU /ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA/OLIVI?A NEWTON-JOHN Condition: NM/VG US $17.96 Buy It Now 18h 51m
DAVE DEE,DOZY,BEAKY,MICK AND TICH : THE LEGEND OF XANADU / PLEASE 1968 TF 903 US $1.57 [2 bids]
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN & ELO Xanadu SAUDI ARABIAN CASSETTE US $14.99 [0 bids]
19h
Kenny Drew - For Sure W/ Sam Noto Xanadu 167 US $60.00 Buy It Now 19h 36m
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA - ALL OVER THE WORLD B/W DRUM DREAMS (45) FROM XANADU US $6.00 Buy It Now 22h 37m
OLIVAI NEWTON-JOHN - XANADU B/W WHENEVER YOU'RE AWAY FROM ME (45) US $6.00 Buy It Now 22h 37m
Rush The Snow Dogs Of Xanadu Mini LP Lifeson Lee US $14.99 [1 bids]
XANADU ELIGHT LIGHT ORCHESTRA SINGLE I'M ALIVE US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Hampton Hawes / Paul Chambers - The East / West Controversy LP Xanadu Records US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SAM MOST "Mostly Flute" Duke Jordan / Tal Farlowe / Billy Higgins NM Xanadu 133 US $24.95 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAKY, MICK & TICH 'Legend Of Xanadu' 'Last Night In Soho' 7" US $4.65 [0 bids]
Olivia Newton-John/ELO ?- Xanadu LP, MINT US $9.31 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVE DEE GROUP legend of xanadu JAPAN 7" SFL-1158 kR4 US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CASSETTE TAPE XANADU MOVIE SOUNDTRACK ELO OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN 1980 MCA RECORDS US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN & ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA 'Xanadu' 1980 Italian 7"/45 rpm US $8.27 Buy It Now 1 day
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA 'I'm Alive' 1980 Italian 7"/45 vinyl single - XANADU US $8.27 Buy It Now 1 day
XANADU Movie Soundtrack LP Olivia Newton John & ELO MCA Records MCA-6100 US $0.99 [0 bids]
XANADU PLEASURE DOME ~ RARE TV SHOW 2 LP's BONANZA & HIGH CHAPARRAL 1970 US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVE Dee DOZY Beaky MICK Tich The Legend Of Xanadu Norwegian Mono 45PS 1968 US $16.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich - Legend Of Xanadu - UK 7" Single Fontana [A] US $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day
LOT 2 LP OLIVIA ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA DISCOVERY XANADU RARE LP ISRAELI US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Xanadu Original Soundtrack US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Drum Dreams / Im Alive 7 incg 45 XANADU US $0.99 [0 bids]
XANADU - LET ME BE YOUR SUNSHINE 7" VINYL DEMO US $9.10 Buy It Now 1 day
GORDON NAVARRO JACKSON & OTHERS BEBOP REVISITED VOL. 1 XANADU 120 MONO LP NM US $42.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAKY, M&T Legend Of Xanadu BRITISH PSYCH Unique PS AUSTRIA 1968 US $14.99 [0 bids]
HAMPTON HAWES · PAUL CHAMBERS THE EAST WEST CONTROVERSY XANADU 104 51-57 LP US $70.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVE DEE, DOZY BEAKY MICK & TICH LEGEND OF XANADU 7" US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
VARIOUS ARTISTS SOUNDTRACK CASSETTE TAPE XANADU 1980 MADE IN AUSTRALIA US $3.03 Buy It Now 1 day
XANADU The Last Sunrise NEW CD PROG Porcupine Tree, Sylvan, Riverside, Pendragon US $9.99 [0 bids]
Xanadu [LP] (Vinyl, MCA Records USA) US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ELO W/SLEEVE 45 41246 XANADU I'M ALIVE VG (45s-5927) US $6.49 Buy It Now 2 days
AL COHN BARRY HARRIS Complete Qrts Vol 2 No Problem FRANCE XANADU EPM CD nice! US $34.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Xanadu - Soundtrack [CD New] US $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
A Farewell to Kings, Rush, CD 1997, Xanadu, Closer To the Heart, Cygnus X-1 US $1.99 [0 bids]
JIMMY RANEY & SONNY CLARK - Together! (CD 1994) Rare Xanadu issue US $13.25 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVE DEE DOZY BEAKY MICK & TICH - LEGEND OF XANADU CD US $5.97 Buy It Now 2 days
Like New Lot Of 4 TV/Movie Soundtracks: Ally McBeal, Touched By An Angel, Xanadu US $9.99 [0 bids]
Xanadu [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] by Electric Light Orchestra, Electri US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Olivia Newton-John Xanadu MCA Records 45 7" Single 1980 Electric Light Orchestra US $4.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Lot 7 Records LP Albums Pop Music '70s - Xanadu, Hit Shows, Swing, La Bamba 1970 US $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Jimmy RANEY the influence JONES HIGGINS us xanadu mint-lp US $6.00 [1 bids]
OLIVIA'S GREATEST HITS VOL. 2 CD Olivia Newton-John Physical Magic Xanadu US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Xanadu Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD (1980, Jet Records ) 14 Tracks US $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN MAGIC-FOOL COUNTRY 45 VG++ 1980 POP FROM XANADU US $1.49 [0 bids]
XANADU: ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA "I'M ALIVE" Records Vinyl 45 Rpm Free S/H USA! US $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SONNY CLARK - Memorial ~ XANADU 21 ** 1954 ** w/Simon Brehm & Bobby White - RARE US $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ELO LP OLIVER NEWTON JOHN XANADU ex+ US $8.29 Buy It Now 2 days
XANADU & SWEET LADY " RAPPERS DELIGHT " / " ROCKER'S CHOICE " SEALED U.S.12 US $13.25 Buy It Now 2 days
MULL HISTORICAL SOCIETY Watching Xanadu 2001 UK 2CD set US $8.27 Buy It Now 2 days
Xanadu by OST Featuring ELO and Oliva Newton-John [Vinyl VG+ | Cover VG+] US $7.75 [0 bids]
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN +ELO "Xanadu/Whenever your away from me 7" 45RPM Vinyl Record US $2.80 Buy It Now 2 days
Xanadu Vinyl Feat, ELO and Olivia Newton-John*DESCRIPTION REVISED/PRICE LOWERED US $1.50 [0 bids]
XANADU soundtrack CD elo OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN magic SUDDENLY jeff lynne US $7.99 [1 bids]
GEORGE AULD Homage 1959 reissue Xanadu 190 mono LP Roberts Vinnegar Bunker VVG+ US $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA & OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN XANADU JAPAN CD JEFF LYNNE ELO US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN Feat. ELO XANADU VINYL LP Australia issue " sample record " US $20.51 Buy It Now 3 days
CHARLIE PARKER - INTERNATIONAL JAM SESSIONS W/ C. BROWN EX EX (XANADU) LP US $22.95 Buy It Now 3 days
DEXTER GORDON - BEBOP REVISITED VOL 1 EX NM (XANADU) LP US $31.95 Buy It Now 3 days
HARRY EDISON - SWEETS, LIPS & LOTS OF JAZZ W/ T. MONK EX EX (XANADU) LP US $25.50 Buy It Now 3 days
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN/ELO Xanadu 1980 OZ g/fold Jet Records EX/VG++ US $9.32 Buy It Now 3 days
OST 'XANADU' ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK LP US $11.59 Buy It Now 3 days
Olivia Newton-John "Magic" from 'Xanadu' Oz PS 7" US $7.46 Buy It Now 3 days
Olivia Newton-John & Electric Light Orchestra "Xanadu" Oz PS 7" US $7.46 Buy It Now 3 days
Olivia Newton-John / E.L.O. "Xanadu" Terrific Oz 7" US $5.59 Buy It Now 3 days
XANADU/soundtrack ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA ELO olivia newton-john DANCE new tape US $3.88 [0 bids]
XANADU/film soundtrack ELO newton-john DANCE new tape US $3.88 [0 bids]
Barry Harris - The Bird Of Red And Gold (Xanadu Records) US $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DAVE DEE DOZY BEAKY MICK & TICH LEGEND OF XANADU/ZABADAK 45 US $0.83 [0 bids]
SONNY CRISS SATURDAY MORNING XANADU JC-7004 Japanese pressing OBI Vinyl LP US $0.99 [1 bids]
DAVID ALLYN/BARRY HARRIS DON'T LOOK BACK XANADU JC-7020 Japan OBI Vinyl LP US $0.99 [0 bids]
AL COHN/DEXTER GORDON SILVER BLUE XANADU KUX-70-T Japan PROMO OBI Vinyl LP US $0.99 [0 bids]
AL COHN/DEXTER GORDON TRUE BLUE ALL-STAR SESSION XANADU PROMO OBI LP US $1.52 [2 bids]
AL CORN&JIMMY ROWLES HEAVY LOVE XANADU ULX-81-T Japanese pressing OBI Vinyl LP US $0.99 [0 bids]
DEXTER GORDON/FATS NAVARRO/CHUBBY JACKSON BEBOP REVISITED VOL.1 XANADU PROMO LP US $0.99 [1 bids]
CHARLES McPHERSON LIVE IN TOKYO XANADU JC-3003 Japan PROMO OBI Vinyl LP US $0.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy XANADU music online Buy XANADU & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for XANADU DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

XANADU The Last Sunrise ratings distribution

XANADU The Last Sunrise reviews

Review by Windhawk
4 stars Polish band XANADU was formed back in 2008, and after scoring an initial demo in 2010 they started to further develop material for their debut album. The end result came in the shape of "The Last Sunrise", released by Progrock Records in 2011.

I'd suspect fans of Riverside should be singled out as the main target audience for Xanadu, as there are plenty of similarities between these two acts as far as stylistic expression go. But fans of Porcupine Tree and to a lesser extent Sylvan might also find quite a lot to enjoy on this disc. And I suspect most people into all three bands references will find this album to be a worthwhile acquisition.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#783787) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 07, 2012

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
4 stars There are many great progressive bands coming out of Poland these days, and Xanadu can be added to that long list. The band came together in 2008 with the idea of performing ambitious music with a hint of melancholy ? so I think it is safe to say that they have achieved their aims with this their debut album (there was a promo album 'Violent Dream' released in 2010) which came out in 2011 on ProgRock Records. It is obvious that there are going to be comparisons with Riverside due to the fact that they are from the same country, but here the comparison is justified as musically there are quite a few similarities. This is a driving rock band and Hubert Murawski is key to the overall success of this album as here is a band that remembers how to put 'rock' back into the genre. Lyrics are in English, with not too much accent, and the feeling here is of a band reaching for the heights and managing to attain them.

This is a prog album that demands attention of fans of Riverside, Votum and the like as they bring the power of neo-prog into an arena that verges on the metallic. Great stuff!

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#810372) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 25, 2012

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
4 stars "The Last Sunrise" took me by surprise. In fact, I had never heard of Xanadu till I saw "kev rowland's" review a week or two ago. However, what caught my eye was the fact that they are similar to Riverside. Riverside, being my favorite band, is quite unique in many ways, and it is difficult to find anything else that will satisfy my Riverside craving. That is, until now.

Xanadu's "The Last Sunrise" is very much influenced by Riverside. Or, perhaps, both of these bands are influenced by a different source---I cannot be sure. The melancholy, breathy vocals are quite like Maruisz Duda's; and the high-tuned, ambient guitar work often sounds like it is right off of "Second Life Syndrome". The overall sound is quite eerie and moody with an emphasis on strange beats and time signatures. This is not unlike Riverside, but I must assert that the drums on this album are superior to any that Riverside has produced (I consider the drums to be Riverside's greatest weakness). With all of this, they do resemble Riverside---we have to be honest here. In fact, my wife thought that I was listening to Riverside. Honestly, though, this is more of a strength than a weakness. What Xanadu loses in originality---they gain in sheer excellence.

Yet, I do not want to take anything away from these musicians. They may resemble Riverside, but they are in no way a carbon copy. There is plenty of song-writing originality here, and the musicianship itself is on par with, if not better than, Riverside. The dark theme that is employed helps you feel the restlessness, the longing, and the anguish that the songs present: There is still some pure prog rock at the heart of the music, however. This band certainly deserves some head-banging and profound thought---both at the same time.

Track List:

1. "Piece of Mind": This track is a great opening song with some good vocal harmonization and some great riffing as well. The guttural vocals at the end really evoke a mood for the rest of the album. 8/10.

2. "Dark Shadows": This track is really well done. It is dark and brooding, and the instrumental portion in the last half is something I look forward to when I start the album. 10/10.

3. "Miles Away": Again, some awesome vocal harmony that really puts the singer into the music. The longing and raw emotion here are quite stunning. 9/10.

4. "Violent Dream": With a title like this, this band is asking to be compared to Riverside's "Reality Dream". This track is instrumental only, and it is very psychedelic and brooding. I find that the drumming is especially good here, as there are some really strange time signatures therein. 9/10.

5. "One Moment": This track is another favorite of mine on this album. There is plenty of pure prog rock here, and the breathy vocals in the beginning really hit my soft spot. The faster tempo near the end really gets my adrenaline rushing, as well. 10/10.

6. "Vicious Circle": This track has some great, heavy riffing and some strange lyrical content. I feel that this may be the weakest track, although the standard is pretty high. 7/10.

7. "The Last Sunrise": Normally, the title track of an album is one of my favorites, but I have to say that this song is second to last. I feel that it is a bit too repetitive for the majority of its 10+ minutes, but I feel that the last 3 minutes redeem it somewhat----these few minutes end the album on a high note. 8/10.

All in all, this is an album that I have not been able to resist. Sure, it does resemble Riverside, but Xanadu takes this influence and makes it all their own style---the similarities should definitely not be dwelt upon at all. If the final two tracks would have been as strong as the rest of the album, I am afraid that my itchy trigger finger would have given this album the 5 star treatment. As it is, though, I expect great things from this band, and I look forward to their next release eagerly.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#813193) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 31, 2012

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
3 stars I noted this album by chance, when doing some pickings based upon cover illustrations. The name and ethereal vision of a couple lying admits the cloudy layers of troposphere. Musically this Polish band has managed to include some atmospheric elements to their guitar driven artistic heavy metal expression, these feelings emerging mostly from Paweł Balcer's and Marcin Grzella's keyboards. I was surprised that these two musicians were credited as guests, as without them I would find this well produced and diligently finished record to escape the fences of conventional hard rock album standards. I hope the synth elements are included in a way or other on their live concerts to ensure the spacey feelings, which related to my memories from Swedish group Book of Hours or Finnish Tuliterä. Of course the group's innovation most certainly originates from some other groups, possibly Dream Theater or other heavy prog groups I personally am not aware of. The players are certainly skillful, and the compositions are decorated with witty details. The mixing is also done very well; It was delighting to hear all instruments, including the bass guitar which I usually have not heard being very audible on heavy music records. As my personal impression the enervating factor on the listening experience was the general feeling of the music, which didn't touch very deeply my current state of mind. Also in spite of certain enthusiasm shimmering from the album, I got a feeling that I have heard this all already many times on other similar records. I however tried to think this act from the perspective of the musicians ? I may be wrong, but thought that finding connections and identity from to this kind of Western-European heavy art rock culture might be an eligible and rewarding goal for the band and their audience. Also when I reflect to my own personal musical preferences, many neo-classical hippie bands I adore could be described also not bringing anything new under the sun, just carrying forward the torch of past generations dreams and elements of late 1960's cultural heritage. So if bit more cooler heavy riffings and themes like "Violent Dreams" or "Vicious Circle"s within modern heavy prog idioms should be appealing, I believe this album and artist is certainly worth of checking out. The appraisals from other writings about this album should strengthen this presumption.

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#1038431) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 18, 2013

4 stars I knew XANADU has been playing around for quite a long time, because i knew about them almost at the same time I knew about Riverside. I was desperately looking for music of them but never found it until 2011, when finally they released their first album "The Last Sunrise", I didn't hesitate t ... (read more)

Report this review (#1038761) | Posted by Memo_anathemo | Wednesday, September 18, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of XANADU "The Last Sunrise"