CHASED BY THE SPACE POLICE

Psychedelic/Space Rock

ěresund Space Collective Chased by the Space Police album cover

Buy ěRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2012

1. Chased by the Space Police (12:27)

Search ěRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE Chased by the Space Police lyrics

- Magnus / guitars
- Kasper / congas
- Jocke / bass

Taken from the booklet:

"Chased by the Space Police" was recorded on March 10th, 2006 during the sessions for "It's All About Delay". It was our first day in the studio with the same line up that recorded the debut album. The jam before this we did not really come together, but this one was really hit the groove and Sebastian plays a really cool guitar solo. I don't remember how we came up with this title but we are always joking around and I am taking down notes in my diary when we sit and bounce ideas for titles around and have a good laugh. It was mixed by Magnus Hannibal who played on of the guitars and plays in the band Mantric Muse.

~ Dr. Space, January 2012

Recorded live in the Black Tomato Studios, Copenhagen on March 10-11, 2006
Artwork design: Pňhl Sundstr÷m
Single coordination: Nikola Savić / Prog Sphere Records & Promotions

Thanks to AstralliS for the addition

ěRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ěRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE Chased by the Space Police Music

More places to buy ěRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE music online Buy ěRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ěRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ěRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE Chased by the Space Police ratings distribution

ěRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE Chased by the Space Police reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
3 stars OSC are a phenomenon in some way - the project exists since several years in the meanwhile and it doesn't look like they'll ever become tired of playing their strictly improvised space rock explorations. The secret behind that is a very special spirit probably, at least the continual move concerning the line-up which consists of members coming from diverse nordic psych/space bands. So brought together again and again by mastermind Scott Heller every jam session is something most certainly unique ... and it simply doesn't matter if they are in the studio or on the stage.

This song is a leftover from a very inspired event in 2006, speaking of two days at the Black Tornado Studios in Copenhagen/Denmark. They had recorded material of more than 5 hours with the result of the highly appraised 'Black Tomato' as well as 'It's All About Delay' albums. The previously unreleased track is just taken from these sessions. If you already know the aforementioned albums this song will not bring anything new to the table. For newcomer though it's a recommended appetizer in order to enter the band's realm.

Now chased by the dreaded Space Police the OSC crew extremely grooves during twelve minutes, backed by a swirling organ. Spaced out synths plus two expressive rhythm and solo guitars are caring for the playful details. And it's the musicians' interaction which convinces first and foremost. This outtake is available for free on the Prog Sphere Bandcamp website.

Send comments to Rivertree (BETA) | Report this review (#622520) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 29, 2012

Review by memowakeman
2 stars They were running, and later chased! I really enjoy the philosophy behind Oresund Space Collective, they have curious and particular albums and song titles, and also the musician's pseudonyms are funny and attractive. This time they have joined Prog-Sphere Records in order to release a single, a song entitled "Chased by the Space Police" which was actually recorded back in 2006, but released a month ago in this current 2012. As usual, here we will have a jam where the collective produces spacey and psychedelic music.

So this is actually a leftover (I hate the adjective) of those 2006 jams, however, that does not mean it is a weaker jam, not at all, here we can appreciate and enjoy once again what these crazy and original musicians are capable of. The rhythm is dynamic, not that slow nor that faster, it brings moments of tranquility and some other of intensity. As usual, the synths work is phenomenal because it produces the different atmospheres and textures that work as the context of the guitars. The jam flows so deliciously that all of a sudden when we are enjoying its climax, it finishes, so I have stated in other reviews that some I don't love some longer tracks, but here I would have loved more minutes of the adventurous escape of the space police, before being finally chased.

Cool work once again, though in my (maybe ridiculous) policy I don't usually rate with more than two stars to 20-less minutes releases, because in my opinion those are mostly for fans. But well, don't pay attention to my rating, you better get this track (and more OSC music) and have fun.

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#629891) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 10, 2012

Post a review of ěRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE "Chased by the Space Police"