WE ALL RAISE OUR VOICES TO THE AIR

3. Grace Cathedral Hill
4. All Arise!
5. Rox In The Box
6. June Hymn
7. Dracula's Daughter O Valencia!
8. This Is Why We Fight

- Chris Funk / guitar
- Jenny Conlee / piano
- Nate Query / bass
- John Moen / drums, banjo

Thanks to peccatum for the addition

THE DECEMBERISTS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DECEMBERISTS We All Raise Our Voices to the Air Music

The Decemberists: A Practical HandbookThe Decemberists: A Practical Handbook
Multiple Formats
Kill Rock Stars 2007
DVD$4.98
Patti Smith "Two More" 7" Lou Reed The Decemberists US $2.99 [1 bids]
1 CENT CD The Hazards Of Love - The Decemberists US $0.01 [1 bids]
The Decemberists PRESENT PICARESQUE +MP3 Download NEW SEALED Vinyl 2 LP US $26.99 Buy It Now 3h 10m
(EP47) The Decemberists, Don't Carry It All - 2011 DJ CD US $4.06 Buy It Now 3h 32m
DECEMBERISTS - LONG LIVE THE KING NEW VINYL US $20.91 Buy It Now 3h 33m
Decemberists - Long Live The King [CD New] US $7.89 Buy It Now 4h 31m
The Decemberists Rsd 7" January Hymn 2010 Sealed US $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 52m
DECEMBERISTS - LONG LIVE THE KING NEW CD US $12.81 Buy It Now 6h 2m
Long Live the King [EP] by The Decemberists (CD, Nov-2011, Capitol) US $4.94 Buy It Now 7h 3m
Rock Pop cD Crane Wife by The Decemberists Sons,Daughters,When the War,Yankee US $0.67 [0 bids]
CMJ New Music Vol 112 (Norah Jones,Placebo,Decemberists,Turin Brakes,Venus Hum) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Castaways And Cutouts [Remaster] [LP] by Decemberists (The) (Vinyl, Jan-2005, Je US $21.35 Buy It Now 15h 30m
Decemberists Castaways+Cutouts 1st pressing of 300 on green vinyl NEVER PLAYED US $99.00 [2 bids]
We All Raise Our Voices To The Air (Live Songs 04.11-08.11) - Decemberists US $19.39 Buy It Now 16h 50m
DECEMBERISTS - WE ALL RAISE OUR VOICES TO THE AIR THE DECEMBERIST [CD NEW] US $20.74 Buy It Now 19h 33m
Decemberists - King Is Dead (2011) - Used - Compact Disc US $4.31 Buy It Now 19h 41m
Decemberists The Tain+5 Songs NEVER PLAYED limited to 300 on gray swirl vinyl US $40.00 [1 bids]
20h
The Decemberists - The King Is Dead - RTRADCD656 US $17.91 Buy It Now 20h 29m
DECEMBERISTS sixteen military wives CD 3 track with info stickered case b/w CD r US $9.43 Buy It Now 21h 8m
Pop/Indie Rock DVD music lot The Format Decemberists Fun. Nate Ruess US $8.99 [0 bids]
Decemberists Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + Free Bonuses US $8.46 Buy It Now 1 day
The Decemberists AMELIA Jigsaw PROMO Dj CD Single 2003 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
COLIN MELOY New Rare CD SINGS THE KINKS of the Decemberists US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
COLIN MELOY New Rare CD SINGS SAM COOKE of the Decemberists US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DECEMBERISTS**PICARESQUE**CD US $18.23 Buy It Now 1 day
The Decemberists Her Majesty Vinyl LP Record! indie folk rock! colin meloy! NEW! US $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Decemberists - King Is Dead [Vinyl New] US $21.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Patti Smith Two More 7" Vinyl Rare Non LP Lou Reed Decemberists New Sealed Promo US $5.99 [0 bids]
Decemberists screen print rare concert poster, Filimore San Francisco, 2005 US $24.87 [0 bids]
The Decemberists - The Tain - NOIS038CD US $12.58 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DECEMBERISTS PICARESQUE LP ORIG KILL ROCK STARS US $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Decemberists - Her Majesty , The Decemberist LP 180 Gram Vinyl Brand NEW US $16.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Her Majesty the Decemberists US $4.03 Buy It Now 2 days
The Decemberists - The King Is Dead (NEW CD) US $16.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Shins Live at Third Man Records LP vinyl record broken bells decemberists US $19.95 Buy It Now 2 days
DECEMBERISTS The Crane Wife 2x LP VINYL NEW COLIN MELOY US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE HUNGER GAMES Double Vinyl LP Arcade Fire Decemberists Neko Case NEW US $28.05 Buy It Now 2 days
GIVE LISTEN HELP 2-CD Coldplay/Beastie Boys/Stooges/Air/Decemberists/Travis etc US $9.60 Buy It Now 2 days
DECEMBERISTS: January Hymn / Row Johnny 45 (UK, PS) Rock & Pop US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
DECEMBERISTS: Hazards Of Love (rock & pop vinyl LP) 2 LPs US $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Picaresque by The Decemberists (CD, May-2009, Kill Rock Stars) US $4.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Picaresque by The Decemberists (CD, Mar-2005, Kill Rock Stars) US $14.10 Buy It Now 2 days
The Decemberists January Hymn Ltd Ed Record Store Day 7" Vinyl Sealed New OOP US $4.99 [0 bids]
THE DECEMBERISTS - THE KING IS DEAD [THE DECEMBERISTS] [CD - NEW CD BOXSET US $49.21 Buy It Now 2 days
The Decemberists Signed Limited Edition Vinyl Lp Record Colin Meloy King Is Dead US $124.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Decemberists - Hazards Of Love [Vinyl New] US $18.81 Buy It Now 2 days
Decemberists - Tain (2005) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 2 days
Decemberists - Picaresque [Vinyl New] US $25.98 Buy It Now 2 days
We All Raise Our Voices to the Air: Live Songs 04.11.08 * by Decemberists... US $17.90 Buy It Now 3 days
Decemberists - Crane Wife [Vinyl New] US $22.91 Buy It Now 3 days
The Decemberists Castaways And Cutouts 180gm Vinyl LP Record indie NEW US $21.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Her Majesty the Decemberists US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DECEMBERISTS - HAZARDS OF LOVE (LTD) (180GM) NEW VINYL US $29.49 Buy It Now 3 days
The King Is Dead Decemberists Sealed ! New ! US $11.40 Buy It Now 3 days
V/A - 97.3 KBCO Studio C Vol. 19 CD Modest Mouse Shins Decemberists Ryan Adams US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
the decemberists limited edition cd US $25.49 Buy It Now 3 days
DECEMBERISTS - PICARESQUE NEW VINYL US $34.63 Buy It Now 3 days
PRESERVE VOLUME ONE RARE 2003 BENEFIT CDr THE DECEMBERISTS SHEARWATER SNAILHOUSE US $13.45 Buy It Now 3 days
The Decemberists - Hazards Of Love 2LP NEW US $33.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Decemberists - The Tain / 5 Songs LP - JB047 US $15.99 [0 bids]
THE DECEMBERISTS - THE RAKE'S SONG - 7" VINYL - 2009 RECORD STORE DAY - SEALED US $9.50 [0 bids]
The Crane Wife - Decemberists 11756538 US $14.48 Buy It Now 3 days
Blue Giant self title LP sealed Mint Decemberists Swords Corin Tucker US $21.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Always the Bridesmaid Vol. 2 [12"] by the Decemberists (Vinyl 180gr, Nov-2008, J US $17.35 Buy It Now 3 days
Always the Bridesmaid Vol. 3 [12"] by the Decemberists (Vinyl 180gr, Nov-2008, J US $17.35 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DECEMBERISTS colin meloy 2011 NEW/SEALED "long live/king" 10" FOLK INDIE EP US $12.89 Buy It Now 3 days
Decemberists "We All Raise Our Voices To The Air" 2cd LIVE 04.11-08.11 Sealed US $14.91 Buy It Now 4 days
The Decemberists "The Tain" Sealed US $11.59 Buy It Now 4 days
The Crane Wife by The Decemberists CD 2006 Capitol/EMI Alternative / Indie Rock US $3.80 [0 bids]
Guster - Keep It Together 1st press vinyl LP OOP RARE the format decemberists US $109.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Decemberists - Always the Bridesmaid Vol. 1,2,3 SEALED-Colored Vinyl US $50.00 Buy It Now 4 days
HITDISC HB200637 19TRX.2006 V/A UNPLAYED ROCK PROMO CD-DECEMBERISTS+MY CHEMICAL. US $2.79 [0 bids]
THE DECEMBERISTS LP THE CRANE WIFE NEW SEALED 2 X LP'S US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Hazards Of Love - Decemberists The CD Sealed New ! US $7.02 Buy It Now 4 days
The Decemberists - We All Raise Our Voices To The Air 3LP NEW Live Songs 2011 US $36.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Picaresque - The Decemberists (CD, Mar-2005, Kill Rock Stars) US $5.85 Buy It Now 4 days
Long Live the King [EP] by The Decemberists (CD) US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Colin Meloy Sings Live! Cd The Decemberists US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Decemberists Rare Authentic Band Hand Signed CD The King Is Dead 2011 REAL US $84.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Decemberists 7" O' Valencia! US $4.56 Buy It Now 4 days
Decemberists - Her Majesty The LP 180g Vinyl NEW US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Her Majesty by Decemberists (The) (CD, Sep-2003, Kill Rock Stars) US $12.98 Buy It Now 5 days
DECEMBERISTS- Hazards Of Love/ 2009 Vinyl LP- SEALED US $26.60 Buy It Now 5 days
Decemberists- Long Live The King- 2011 EP Vinyl LP- Sealed US $22.80 Buy It Now 5 days
DECEMBERISTS- The King Is Dead- 2011 Sealed Vinyl LP! US $26.60 Buy It Now 5 days
The Decemberists - We All Raise Our Voices to the Air: Live Songs US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Decemberists - JANUARY HYMN 7" Black Vinyl RSD Row Jimmy US $4.99 [0 bids]
THE MINUS 5-KILLINGSWORTH-RARE ADVANCE PROMO CD-2009-14 TRACKS-The Decemberists US $3.50 Buy It Now 5 days
BLACK PRAIRIE-A TEAR IN THE EYE IS WOUND IN THE HEART-PROMO CD-RARE-Decemberists US $3.50 Buy It Now 5 days
Castaways and Cutouts by The Decemberists (CD, May-2009, Kill Rock Stars) US $2.99 [0 bids]
COLIN MELOY Sings Live 2 LP COLOR vinyl The Decemberists Wildwood Death Cab MINT US $59.50 Buy It Now 5 days
Decemberists - We All Raise.. (Promo Imprint Labels) - U.S. PROMO 2 cd Digipak US $13.98 Buy It Now 5 days
The King Is Dead - The Decemberists US $12.14 Buy It Now 5 days
1 CENT CD: Decemberists 'The Hazards Of Love' 2009 US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Decemberists - Long Live The King [Vinyl New] US $13.61 Buy It Now 5 days
Decemberists - Her Majesty The Decemberists (2003) - Used - Compact Disc US $4.10 Buy It Now 5 days
Decemberists - Hazards Of Love (2009) - Used - Compact Disc US $4.31 Buy It Now 5 days
Decemberists : Crane Wife CD (2008) US $4.00 Buy It Now 5 days
BLACK PRAIRIE Fortune NEW SEALED RSD 2014 Vinyl LP + Download decemberists US $13.95 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DECEMBERISTS - Lot Of 2 PROMO CD Singles 'Perfect Crime #2' US $0.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE DECEMBERISTS music online Buy THE DECEMBERISTS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DECEMBERISTS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DECEMBERISTS We All Raise Our Voices to the Air ratings distribution

THE DECEMBERISTS We All Raise Our Voices to the Air reviews

Review by Neu!mann
3 stars Following the release of their most commercial (and commercially successful) studio album to date, the vagabonds and ragamuffins of The Decemberists return with a double-disc live set from their year 2011 American tour. It was probably inevitable that the band would choose to consolidate its popularity with a big, generous live package. But critics could also argue it's a surefire way to avoid making any decision about where to go next: down the same easy path to mainstream accessibility marked by their album "The King Is Dead", or back toward the whimsical folk-rock narratives of earlier efforts, with their petticoats, pantaloons, and restless Victorian ghosts.

So the new live album finds the group comfortably settled on their flowery laurels: a respite they've certainly earned. And fans who might have felt a slight letdown after hearing "The King Is Dead" should be reassured by the omnibus nature of the set list, drawn from the band's entire history, all the way back to their year 2001 demo EP "5 Songs".

It's not an entirely accurate representation of any single gig, however. Ringleader Colin Meloy cherry-picked elements from throughout the tour to assemble an idealized faux-concert, complete with Meloy's often priceless between-song banter (in truth, one of the big attractions to these discs). Alas, none of the songs were culled from the show I attended in Lewiston, New York, on the bluffs above the Niagara River...it would have been fun to hear drummer John Moen's unscripted rendition of "The Monster Mash" again.

I wouldn't expect this live CD to win any new fans. With the exception of the "The Crane Wife" trilogy of songs, performed uninterrupted and (unlike the studio versions) in the proper sequence, newcomers may wonder why an REM-influenced Indie Rock ensemble is even included on this site at all. In answer I would direct your skeptical attention to the album "The Hazards of Love": a masterpiece of modern Prog, but without the usual imitative ties to the 1970s, and sadly represented here by only one cut ("The Rake's Song"), somewhat orphaned when heard out of context.

The show comes to a rousing climax with "The Mariner's Revenge Song", one of those obligatory crowd-pleasers in danger of being spoiled by overexposure, not unlike "Roundabout" by Yes or the long-standing Jethro Tull ball-and-chain "Aqualung". But the encore is encouraging: a faithful performance of the otherwise routine ballad "I Was Meant For the Stage", devolving in its final chorus into an extended free-form barrage of raw, over-amped noise.

Perhaps that unexpected coda was meant as a challenge by Meloy to his fans: don't get too complacent just yet..! But for now it's enough to simply enjoy the spectacle of a unique band caught in the spotlight at the crossroads of ambition: no longer just another eccentric cult act, and precariously navigating the knife-edge of real success.

Send comments to Neu!mann (BETA) | Report this review (#756880) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Post a review of THE DECEMBERISTS "We All Raise Our Voices to the Air"