WE ALL RAISE OUR VOICES TO THE AIR

3. Grace Cathedral Hill
4. All Arise!
5. Rox In The Box
6. June Hymn
7. Dracula's Daughter O Valencia!
8. This Is Why We Fight

- Chris Funk / guitar
- Jenny Conlee / piano
- Nate Query / bass
- John Moen / drums, banjo

Thanks to peccatum for the addition

THE DECEMBERISTS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DECEMBERISTS We All Raise Our Voices to the Air Music

The Decemberists: A Practical HandbookThe Decemberists: A Practical Handbook
Multiple Formats
Kill Rock Stars 2007
DVD$4.98
Decemberists - Picaresque [Vinyl New] US $25.98 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Black Prairie "Fortune" NEW Sealed LP *RSD 2014* Decemberists, Dolorean US $19.99 [0 bids]
We All Raise Our Voices to the Air: Live Songs 04.11.08 * by Decemberists... US $17.90 Buy It Now 4h 29m
Decemberists - Crane Wife [Vinyl New] US $22.91 Buy It Now 4h 45m
The Decemberists Castaways And Cutouts 180gm Vinyl LP Record indie NEW US $21.99 Buy It Now 5h
Her Majesty the Decemberists US $5.99 Buy It Now 5h 21m
DECEMBERISTS - HAZARDS OF LOVE (LTD) (180GM) NEW VINYL US $29.48 Buy It Now 6h 6m
The King Is Dead Decemberists Sealed ! New ! US $7.41 Buy It Now 6h 56m
V/A - 97.3 KBCO Studio C Vol. 19 CD Modest Mouse Shins Decemberists Ryan Adams US $11.99 Buy It Now 7h 13m
the decemberists limited edition cd US $29.99 Buy It Now 7h 35m
DECEMBERISTS - PICARESQUE NEW VINYL US $34.62 Buy It Now 7h 36m
The Decemberists - Hazards Of Love 2LP NEW US $33.99 Buy It Now 8h 13m
The Decemberists - The Tain / 5 Songs LP - JB047 US $15.99 [0 bids]
THE DECEMBERISTS - THE RAKE'S SONG - 7" VINYL - 2009 RECORD STORE DAY - SEALED US $9.50 [0 bids]
The Crane Wife - Decemberists 11756538 US $14.48 Buy It Now 14h 35m
Blue Giant self title LP sealed Mint Decemberists Swords Corin Tucker US $21.99 Buy It Now 15h 4m
Castaways and Cutouts by The Decemberists (CD, May-2009, Kill Rock Stars) US $4.50 [0 bids]
Always the Bridesmaid Vol. 2 [12"] by the Decemberists (Vinyl 180gr, Nov-2008, J US $17.35 Buy It Now 22h 59m
Always the Bridesmaid Vol. 3 [12"] by the Decemberists (Vinyl 180gr, Nov-2008, J US $17.35 Buy It Now 22h 59m
The Hazards of Love by The Decemberists (CD, Mar-2009, Capitol) US $4.99 [0 bids]
THE DECEMBERISTS colin meloy 2011 NEW/SEALED "long live/king" 10" FOLK INDIE EP US $12.89 Buy It Now 1 day
Decemberists "We All Raise Our Voices To The Air" 2cd LIVE 04.11-08.11 Sealed US $14.93 Buy It Now 1 day
The Decemberists "The Tain" Sealed US $11.61 Buy It Now 1 day
The Crane Wife by The Decemberists CD 2006 Capitol/EMI Alternative / Indie Rock US $3.80 [0 bids]
Guster - Keep It Together 1st press vinyl LP OOP RARE the format decemberists US $109.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Decemberists - Always the Bridesmaid Vol. 1,2,3 SEALED-Colored Vinyl US $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
HITDISC HB200637 19TRX.2006 V/A UNPLAYED ROCK PROMO CD-DECEMBERISTS+MY CHEMICAL. US $2.79 [0 bids]
THE DECEMBERISTS LP THE CRANE WIFE NEW SEALED 2 X LP'S US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Hazards Of Love - Decemberists The CD Sealed New ! US $7.02 Buy It Now 1 day
The Decemberists - We All Raise Our Voices To The Air 3LP NEW Live Songs 2011 US $36.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Picaresque - The Decemberists (CD, Mar-2005, Kill Rock Stars) US $5.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Long Live the King [EP] by The Decemberists (CD) US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Colin Meloy Sings Live! Cd The Decemberists US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Decemberists Rare Authentic Band Hand Signed CD The King Is Dead 2011 REAL US $84.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Decemberists 7" O' Valencia! US $4.57 Buy It Now 1 day
The Decemberists - We All Raise Our Voices To The Air 3-LP Set (Still Sealed)  US $33.20 [0 bids]
Decemberists - Her Majesty The LP 180g Vinyl NEW US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Her Majesty by Decemberists (The) (CD, Sep-2003, Kill Rock Stars) US $12.98 Buy It Now 2 days
DECEMBERISTS- Hazards Of Love/ 2009 Vinyl LP- SEALED US $28.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Decemberists- Long Live The King- 2011 EP Vinyl LP- Sealed US $24.00 Buy It Now 2 days
DECEMBERISTS- The King Is Dead- 2011 Sealed Vinyl LP! US $28.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Decemberists - We All Raise Our Voices to the Air: Live Songs - Promo CD! US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Decemberists - JANUARY HYMN 7" Black Vinyl RSD Row Jimmy US $4.99 [0 bids]
CD 'Alternative Rock Xmas' BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE Decemberists + Alarm ++ SEALED US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE MINUS 5-KILLINGSWORTH-RARE ADVANCE PROMO CD-2009-14 TRACKS-The Decemberists US $3.50 Buy It Now 2 days
BLACK PRAIRIE-A TEAR IN THE EYE IS WOUND IN THE HEART-PROMO CD-RARE-Decemberists US $3.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Castaways and Cutouts by The Decemberists (CD, May-2009, Kill Rock Stars) US $2.99 [0 bids]
COLIN MELOY Sings Live 2 LP COLOR vinyl The Decemberists Wildwood Death Cab MINT US $59.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Rock Pop cD Crane Wife by The Decemberists Sons,Daughters,When the War,Yankee US $0.67 [0 bids]
Decemberists - We All Raise.. (Promo Imprint Labels) - U.S. PROMO 2 cd Digipak US $13.98 Buy It Now 2 days
The King Is Dead - The Decemberists US $12.14 Buy It Now 2 days
1 CENT CD: Decemberists 'The Hazards Of Love' 2009 US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Decemberists - Long Live The King [Vinyl New] US $13.61 Buy It Now 2 days
Decemberists - Her Majesty The Decemberists (2003) - Used - Compact Disc US $4.10 Buy It Now 2 days
Decemberists - Hazards Of Love (2009) - Used - Compact Disc US $4.31 Buy It Now 2 days
Decemberists : Crane Wife CD (2008) US $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BLACK PRAIRIE Fortune NEW SEALED RSD 2014 Vinyl LP + Download decemberists US $13.95 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DECEMBERISTS - Lot Of 2 PROMO CD Singles 'Perfect Crime #2' US $0.99 [0 bids]
Picaresque by The Decemberists (Vinyl, May-2009, Kill Rock Stars) US $25.00 [0 bids]
Colin Meloy Sings SAM COOKE Solo Tour only CD EP New Decemberists Carson Ellis US $24.50 Buy It Now 3 days
The Decemberists THE CRANE WIFE Capitol Records NEW SEALED Vinyl 2 LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Decemberists THE KING IS DEAD 180g Plus MP3 Download NEW SEALED Vinyl LP US $23.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Decemberists Picaresque 2x Vinyl LP Record with Picaresqueties EP US $29.29 Buy It Now 3 days
GREAT LAKES MYTH SOCIETY 2 CDs Barely played SWIMMERS DECEMBERISTS MONGER US $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The King Is Dead [Digipak] by The Decemberists (CD, Jan-2011, Consolidated Arti US $5.75 Buy It Now 3 days
The Decemberists We All Raise Our Voices to the Air: Live Songs 04.11.08 3xLP US $25.00 [0 bids]
The DECEMBERISTS: Long Live the King US $6.99 [0 bids]
THE DECEMBERISTS + We All Raise Our Voices ti the Air +3 LP SET+NEW+2012+ US $19.98 [0 bids]
ROUGH TRADE SAMPLER - UK 16 TRK CD - ARCADE FIRE - DECEMBERISTS - SUN KILL MOON US $9.34 Buy It Now 3 days
PATTI SMITH Two More Cover remake LOU REED & DECEMBERISTS TRX PROMO 7 INCH VINYL US $44.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DECEMBERISTS 'Her Majesty' 180g Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED US $28.05 Buy It Now 3 days
DECEMBERISTS-PICARESQUE VINYL LP NEW US $27.71 Buy It Now 3 days
THAT DOG - S/T (Twilight Singers, Decemberists, Tegan & Sara, Rentals) US $2.34 [1 bids]
BLACK PRAIRIE FORTUNE LP NEW SEALED RSD '14 indie-rock w/download Decemberists US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
LOOK! THE DECEMBERISTS The King is Dead CD US $5.50 Buy It Now 4 days
LOOK! THE DECEMBERISTS Picturesque CD US $5.50 Buy It Now 4 days
DECEMBERISTS-THE KING IS DEAD-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F25 US $28.50 Buy It Now 4 days
The Decemberists THE KING IS DEAD 180g Vinyl Record LP US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Decemberists The King Is Dead Vinyl LP Record not cd! indie rock! NEW US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Decemberists The Crane Wife 2x Vinyl LP Record indie rock! not cd! NEW US $29.59 Buy It Now 4 days
LOOK! DECEMBERISTS The Crane Wife CD US $5.50 Buy It Now 4 days
DECEMBERISTS Rake's Song b/w East India Lanes 7" NEW VINYL Meloy Sealed RSD 2009 US $9.50 Buy It Now 4 days
DECEMBERISTS Billy Liar b/w Everything I Try Do 7" NEW black VINYL Meloy US $19.50 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DECEMBERISTS - 5 Songs [ep] (CD 2003) USA Import EXC-NM OOP US $21.56 Buy It Now 4 days
The Decemberists The King is Dead Boxed Set; New Condition; 1 of 2500 US $149.00 [0 bids]
Patti Smith Two More US Ltd Ed 7" Vinyl Rare Non LP Lou Reed Decemberists New US $6.59 Buy It Now 4 days
Tain [EP] & The Hazards of Love by Decemberists US $6.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Decemberists HAZARDS OF LOVE Capitol Records NEW SEALED Vinyl 2 LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Long Live the King, The Decemberists, Good US $8.07 Buy It Now 4 days
DECEMBERISTS: Record Year For Rainfall / Raincoat Song 45 (UK, die-cut cardboar US $12.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Decemberists,Comet Gain,Deerhoof,CD,Mollie's Mix US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Decemberists - Picaresque LP Vinyl Record US $32.12 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DECEMBERISTS - CASTAWAYS AND CUTOUTS - NEW CD US $11.89 Buy It Now 4 days
Decemberists - Hazards Of Love (2009) - New - Long Play Record US $15.84 Buy It Now 4 days
Decemberists - Long Live The King (2011) - New - 12" single US $10.64 Buy It Now 4 days
Decemberists - We All Raise Our Voices To (2012) - New - Long Play Record US $26.61 Buy It Now 4 days
Decemberists The Tain+5 Songs NEVER PLAYED limited to 300 on gray swirl vinyl US $40.00 [1 bids]
Decemberists The Hazards Of Love CD album (CDLP) USA 5099921471025 CAPITOL US $42.33 Buy It Now 5 days
CMJ New Music Vol 112 (Norah Jones,Placebo,Decemberists,Turin Brakes,Venus Hum) US $6.99 [0 bids]
PRESERVE VOLUME ONE RARE 2003 BENEFIT CDr THE DECEMBERISTS SHEARWATER SNAILHOUSE US $9.95 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE DECEMBERISTS music online Buy THE DECEMBERISTS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DECEMBERISTS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DECEMBERISTS We All Raise Our Voices to the Air ratings distribution

THE DECEMBERISTS We All Raise Our Voices to the Air reviews

Review by Neu!mann
3 stars Following the release of their most commercial (and commercially successful) studio album to date, the vagabonds and ragamuffins of The Decemberists return with a double-disc live set from their year 2011 American tour. It was probably inevitable that the band would choose to consolidate its popularity with a big, generous live package. But critics could also argue it's a surefire way to avoid making any decision about where to go next: down the same easy path to mainstream accessibility marked by their album "The King Is Dead", or back toward the whimsical folk-rock narratives of earlier efforts, with their petticoats, pantaloons, and restless Victorian ghosts.

So the new live album finds the group comfortably settled on their flowery laurels: a respite they've certainly earned. And fans who might have felt a slight letdown after hearing "The King Is Dead" should be reassured by the omnibus nature of the set list, drawn from the band's entire history, all the way back to their year 2001 demo EP "5 Songs".

It's not an entirely accurate representation of any single gig, however. Ringleader Colin Meloy cherry-picked elements from throughout the tour to assemble an idealized faux-concert, complete with Meloy's often priceless between-song banter (in truth, one of the big attractions to these discs). Alas, none of the songs were culled from the show I attended in Lewiston, New York, on the bluffs above the Niagara River...it would have been fun to hear drummer John Moen's unscripted rendition of "The Monster Mash" again.

I wouldn't expect this live CD to win any new fans. With the exception of the "The Crane Wife" trilogy of songs, performed uninterrupted and (unlike the studio versions) in the proper sequence, newcomers may wonder why an REM-influenced Indie Rock ensemble is even included on this site at all. In answer I would direct your skeptical attention to the album "The Hazards of Love": a masterpiece of modern Prog, but without the usual imitative ties to the 1970s, and sadly represented here by only one cut ("The Rake's Song"), somewhat orphaned when heard out of context.

The show comes to a rousing climax with "The Mariner's Revenge Song", one of those obligatory crowd-pleasers in danger of being spoiled by overexposure, not unlike "Roundabout" by Yes or the long-standing Jethro Tull ball-and-chain "Aqualung". But the encore is encouraging: a faithful performance of the otherwise routine ballad "I Was Meant For the Stage", devolving in its final chorus into an extended free-form barrage of raw, over-amped noise.

Perhaps that unexpected coda was meant as a challenge by Meloy to his fans: don't get too complacent just yet..! But for now it's enough to simply enjoy the spectacle of a unique band caught in the spotlight at the crossroads of ambition: no longer just another eccentric cult act, and precariously navigating the knife-edge of real success.

Send comments to Neu!mann (BETA) | Report this review (#756880) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Post a review of THE DECEMBERISTS "We All Raise Our Voices to the Air"