WE ALL RAISE OUR VOICES TO THE AIR

3. Grace Cathedral Hill
4. All Arise!
5. Rox In The Box
6. June Hymn
7. Dracula's Daughter O Valencia!
8. This Is Why We Fight

- Chris Funk / guitar
- Jenny Conlee / piano
- Nate Query / bass
- John Moen / drums, banjo

Thanks to peccatum for the addition

THE DECEMBERISTS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DECEMBERISTS We All Raise Our Voices to the Air Music

Multiple Formats
Kill Rock Stars 2007
DVD$4.99
Picaresque - Decemberists (The) (CD 2005) US $25.99 Buy It Now 4h 14m
The Decemberists - Down By the Water 1-track Promo CD Single US $7.00 Buy It Now 5h 49m
BLACK PRAIRIE FORTUNE LP NEW SEALED RSD '14 indie-rock w/download Decemberists US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 43m
DECEMBERISTS Rake's Song UNRLEASE TRK Only 2000 Made 7 Inch VINYL SEALED RSD US $39.99 Buy It Now 7h 11m
Decemberists - Tain [CD New] US $9.73 Buy It Now 7h 28m
Picaresque [2xLP] by The Decemberists (Vinyl, Sep-2005, Kill Rock Stars) US $28.35 Buy It Now 21h 53m
Decemberists - Crane Wife (2006) - Used - Compact Disc US $4.31 Buy It Now 23h 26m
Mad Men: Music from the Series, Vol. 2 CD Lionsgate AMC Rare OOP Decemberists US $19.99 [0 bids]
The Decemberists The Crane Wife 2006 2X Vinyl LP Capitol Records NM/EX US $12.99 [0 bids]
THE DECEMBERISTS Perfect Crime w/ RARE EDIT USA PROMO Radio DJ CD single 2007 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Hazards of Love by The Decemberists (CD, Mar-2009, Capitol) US $4.75 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DECEMBERISTS THE HAZARDS OF LOVE SEALED CD NEW US $5.23 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DECEMBERISTS - LONG LIVE THE KING (CD) sealed US $11.92 Buy It Now 1 day
PETER BUCK s/t LP 1st Original Pressing NEW R.E.M 2000 made decemberists LIMITED US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DECEMBERISTS SIXTEEN MILITARY WIVES 7" VINYL 2005 ORIGINAL N.MINT RARE US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Decemberists - We All Raise Our Voices to the Air: Live Songs - Promo CD! US $12.99 [0 bids]
Her Majesty by The Decemberists (CD, Sep-2003, Kill Rock Stars) US $8.99 [0 bids]
THE DECEMBERISTS - King Is Dead 7" Sealed RSD 2010 Record Store Day US $0.50 [2 bids]
The Crane Wife by The Decemberists (CD, Oct-2006, Capitol/EMI Records) US $8.99 [0 bids]
The Decemberists - The Crane Wife - 2006 SEALED Gatefold Double USA LP US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Decemberists - The King Is Dead - Gatefold LP US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Decemberists - Tain CD US $12.97 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DECEMBERISTS The Rake Song CDr Promo Single 2009 US $5.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Decemberists We All Raise Our Voices Live 3x LP Vinyl NEW US $33.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Shins Swift Sessions 7" vinyl record andrew bird iron & wine decemberists US $8.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Pop/Indie Rock DVD music lot The Format Decemberists Fun. Nate Ruess US $8.99 [0 bids]
The Decemberists - Always the Bridesmaid Vol. 1,2,3 12"s, Used US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DECEMBERISTS This is why We Fight PROMO CD single US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DECEMBERISTS RARE Always Bridesmaid 2 Days Elaine 7" NM VINYL Meloy Rough Trade US $17.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Decemberists - The Hazards Of Love - RTRADCD556 US $18.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Decemberists - Crane Wife - RTRADCD456 US $18.54 Buy It Now 3 days
The Decemberists - JANUARY HYMN 7" Black Vinyl RSD Row Jimmy US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Decemberists, The King Is Dead Audio CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Decemberists - Crane Wife CD (2007) MINT US $9.37 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DECEMBERISTS - THE RAKE'S SONG - 7" VINYL - 2009 RECORD STORE DAY - SEALED US $9.50 [1 bids]
PRESERVE VOLUME ONE RARE 2003 BENEFIT CDr THE DECEMBERISTS SHEARWATER SNAILHOUSE US $9.95 [0 bids]
DECEMBERISTS**THE KING IS DEAD **CD+DVD US $17.84 Buy It Now 3 days
Decemberists - Always the Bridesmaid & instrumentals - U.S. PROMO 2 cd - RARE! US $35.97 Buy It Now 3 days
DECEMBERISTS**KING IS DEAD **CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Black Prairie - How Do You Ruin Me? - 2012 U.S. PROMO cd- RARE! Decemberists US $9.07 Buy It Now 3 days
The Decemberists 2011 The King Is Dead [used CD Digipak] Capitol/EMI US $3.64 [0 bids]
THE DECEMBERISTS January Hymn 2010 UK vinyl 7" UNPLAYED US $17.04 Buy It Now 3 days
Patti Smith Two More 7" Vinyl Rare Non LP Lou Reed Decemberists New Sealed Promo US $5.99 [0 bids]
The King Is Dead [Digipak] by The Decemberists (CD, Jan-2011, Consolidated... US $12.17 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DECEMBERISTS 'Long Live The King' Vinyl 10" NEW & SEALED US $20.65 Buy It Now 3 days
The Decemberists-WE ALL RAISE OUR VOICES TO THE AIR (LIVE 04.11 - 08.11) CD Ve US $24.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Coldplay, Supergrass, B52s, Decemberists, Greg Laswell - 2008 U.S. PROMO 2 cd US $9.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Capitol 21459 The Decemberists/"The Perfect Crime #2"/EP US $19.95 [0 bids]
* DECEMBERISTS - Long Live the King [DIGIPAK] [PROMO] US $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DECEMBERISTS-THE KING IS DEAD-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F25 US $28.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Decemberists Long Live The King 10" Sealed Vinyl 6 Tracks US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Norfolk & Western - A Gilded Age LP SEALED Decemberists US $16.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Decemberists - Crane Wife [CD New] US $13.47 Buy It Now 4 days
Colin Meloy Sings Live! XXL T-shirt DECEMBERISTS new never worn TEE SHIRT US $5.00 [1 bids]
The Decemberists - The King Is Dead NEW CD US $15.63 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DECEMBERISTS - BILLY LIAR * LTD 7 VINYL * MINT CONDITION * RARE * US $23.86 Buy It Now 4 days
DECEMBERISTS LONG LIVE THE KING 10" VINYL LP SEALED US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DECEMBERISTS**WE ALL RAISE OUR VOICES TO THE AIR (LIVE 2011)**2 CD SET US $17.84 Buy It Now 4 days
KFOG ARCHIVES VOL 16 CD DECEMBERISTS LITTLE FEAT PRETENDERS GOMEZ ANDREW BIRD US $13.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DECEMBERISTS**THE CRANE WIFE**CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Decemberists - Long Live The King CD US $11.62 Buy It Now 5 days
Decemberists - King Is Dead CD US $19.46 Buy It Now 5 days
Decemberists - Picaresque CD US $18.28 Buy It Now 5 days
Decemberists - Castaways & Cutout CD US $16.72 Buy It Now 5 days
Korn Army Of Anyone Decemberists Saosin Amos Lee Meat Loaf Lily Allen PROMO CD! US $2.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE SPINANES - Strand (Built To Spill, Quasi, Elliott Smith, Decemberists) US $1.87 [0 bids]
The Hazards of Love by The Decemberists (2009 Capitol) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED US $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Decemberists Long Live The King 10" vinyl US $13.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Black Prairie "Fortune" NEW Sealed LP *RSD 2014* Decemberists US $19.99 [0 bids]
THE DECEMBERISTS 'Picaresque' Gatefold Double Vinyl LP + Download NEW US $35.67 Buy It Now 5 days
Picaresque by The Decemberists (CD, May-2009, Kill Rock Stars) US $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Decemberists Vinyl LP The Crane Wife US $20.00 [0 bids]
RARE OOP Studio C KBCO Vol. 19 CD Modest Mouse THE SHINS Ryan Adams Decemberists US $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
BLACK PRAIRIE Vol.1 Decemberists Shins Sallie Ford 7" OOP NEW US $7.99 [0 bids]
Decemberists - Picaresque (2005) - Used - Compact Disc US $4.10 Buy It Now 5 days
Decemberists- We All Raise Our Voices To The.. 3 LP SET/ SEALED US $37.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Decemberists The Hazards Of Love 17 Trk Double Vinyl LP SEALED US $59.69 Buy It Now 6 days
Decemberists - We All Raise Our Voices To The Air The Decemberist [Vinyl New] US $29.58 Buy It Now 6 days
The Decemberists - This Is Why We Fight 1-track Promo CD Single US $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
DECEMBERISTS - WE ALL RAISE OUR VOICES TO THE AIR: LIVE SONGS NEW VINYL US $44.68 Buy It Now 6 days
DECEMBERISTS We All Raise Our Voices To The Air 3x LP VINYL NEW COLIN MELOY US $44.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Hazards Of Love - Decemberists The CD Sealed New ! US $7.56 Buy It Now 6 days
The Decemberists - Long Live The King EP NEW 10" Sealed US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Crane Wife by The Decemberists (CD, Oct-2006, Capitol/EMI Records) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Picaresque by The Decemberists (CD, Mar-2005, Kill Rock Stars) Like New! US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Long Live the King - Decemberists New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $11.02 Buy It Now 6 days
DECEMBERISTS - WE ALL RAISE OUR VOICES TO THE AIR: LIVE SONGS NEW CD US $33.23 Buy It Now 6 days
Norfolk & Western and Graves Fleetwood's Hack 10" Vinyl M Ward Decemberists 289 US $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Colin Meloy Sings Live! CD by Colin Meloy (The Decemberists) Kill Rock Stars Hip US $6.29 Buy It Now 6 days
1 CENT CD: Decemberists 'The Hazards Of Love' 2009 US $19.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DECEMBERISTS "The Hazards of Love" 2LP 2009 Capitol vinyl album New Sealed US $24.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DECEMBERISTS "Castaways And Cutouts" LP 2005 Jealous Butcher (Vinyl Album) US $23.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DECEMBERISTS "Picaresque" LP 2005, Kill Rock Stars (Vinyl Album) US $28.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DECEMBERISTS "Long Live the King" EP 2011, Capitol Records (Vinyl Album) US $17.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DECEMBERISTS "The Crane Wife" 2LP 2006 Capitol double vinyl album New Sealed US $24.95 Buy It Now 6 days

More places to buy THE DECEMBERISTS music online Buy THE DECEMBERISTS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DECEMBERISTS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DECEMBERISTS We All Raise Our Voices to the Air ratings distribution

THE DECEMBERISTS We All Raise Our Voices to the Air reviews

Review by Neu!mann
3 stars Following the release of their most commercial (and commercially successful) studio album to date, the vagabonds and ragamuffins of The Decemberists return with a double-disc live set from their year 2011 American tour. It was probably inevitable that the band would choose to consolidate its popularity with a big, generous live package. But critics could also argue it's a surefire way to avoid making any decision about where to go next: down the same easy path to mainstream accessibility marked by their album "The King Is Dead", or back toward the whimsical folk-rock narratives of earlier efforts, with their petticoats, pantaloons, and restless Victorian ghosts.

So the new live album finds the group comfortably settled on their flowery laurels: a respite they've certainly earned. And fans who might have felt a slight letdown after hearing "The King Is Dead" should be reassured by the omnibus nature of the set list, drawn from the band's entire history, all the way back to their year 2001 demo EP "5 Songs".

It's not an entirely accurate representation of any single gig, however. Ringleader Colin Meloy cherry-picked elements from throughout the tour to assemble an idealized faux-concert, complete with Meloy's often priceless between-song banter (in truth, one of the big attractions to these discs). Alas, none of the songs were culled from the show I attended in Lewiston, New York, on the bluffs above the Niagara River...it would have been fun to hear drummer John Moen's unscripted rendition of "The Monster Mash" again.

I wouldn't expect this live CD to win any new fans. With the exception of the "The Crane Wife" trilogy of songs, performed uninterrupted and (unlike the studio versions) in the proper sequence, newcomers may wonder why an REM-influenced Indie Rock ensemble is even included on this site at all. In answer I would direct your skeptical attention to the album "The Hazards of Love": a masterpiece of modern Prog, but without the usual imitative ties to the 1970s, and sadly represented here by only one cut ("The Rake's Song"), somewhat orphaned when heard out of context.

The show comes to a rousing climax with "The Mariner's Revenge Song", one of those obligatory crowd-pleasers in danger of being spoiled by overexposure, not unlike "Roundabout" by Yes or the long-standing Jethro Tull ball-and-chain "Aqualung". But the encore is encouraging: a faithful performance of the otherwise routine ballad "I Was Meant For the Stage", devolving in its final chorus into an extended free-form barrage of raw, over-amped noise.

Perhaps that unexpected coda was meant as a challenge by Meloy to his fans: don't get too complacent just yet..! But for now it's enough to simply enjoy the spectacle of a unique band caught in the spotlight at the crossroads of ambition: no longer just another eccentric cult act, and precariously navigating the knife-edge of real success.

Send comments to Neu!mann (BETA) | Report this review (#756880) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Post a review of THE DECEMBERISTS "We All Raise Our Voices to the Air"