THE STORY SO FAR

Mostly Autumn The Story So Far album cover

Buy MOSTLY AUTUMN Music
Live, released in 2001

1. Porcupine Rain (4:40)
2. Nowhere To Hide (Close My Eyes) (5:30)
3. Evergreen (7:46)
4. The Spirit Of Autumn Past (6:07)
5. Heroes Never Die (10:21)
6. The Night Sky (8:25)
7. The Dark Before The Dawn (4:22)
8. Shrinking Violet (7:59)
9. Never The Rainbow (5:31)
10. Mother Nature (13:09)

Search MOSTLY AUTUMN The Story So Far lyrics

- Rachel Jones / backing vocals
- Mark Atkinson / backing vocals
- Gina Dootson / backing vocals

CD Classic Rock-CRL 0833

MOSTLY AUTUMN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MOSTLY AUTUMN The Story So Far Music

Audio CD$68.42 (used)
Mostly Autumn - The V ShowsMostly Autumn - The V Shows
DTS Surround Sound
DVD$59.95
Story So Far (Bonus DVD)Story So Far (Bonus DVD)
Classic Rock Legends 2002
Glass ShadowsGlass Shadows
Autumn 2008
Music Inspired by The Lord of the RingsMusic Inspired by The Lord of the Rings
Classic Rock Legends 2001
Mostly Autumn - Music Inspired by Lord of the Rings 2001 Legend Records US $16.59 Buy It Now 20h 32m
BREATHING SPACE - BELOW THE RADAR NEW MOSTLY AUTUMN 09 US $17.02 Buy It Now 2 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN PASSANGERS SAMPLER 4 TRK CD PROMO VERY RARE HTF OOP 2004 US $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN - THE SPIRIT OF AUTUMN PAST - Signed by the band US $49.81 [0 bids]
Mostly Autumn live CD The Story So Far OOP rare US $21.24 Buy It Now 4 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN - LIVE AT HIGH VOLTAGE 2011 - CLCD354 US $25.13 Buy It Now 5 days
INTROITUS Elements CD Swe PROG (Magenta, Karnataka, Mostly Autumn, Arena, Nexus) US $16.99 [0 bids]
MOSTLY AUTUMN - DRESSED IN VOICES SEALED JUNE 2014 CELTIC KINGS OF PROG US $18.68 Buy It Now 7 days
Slip Double: Mostly Autumn : Live 2011 High Voltage London England Ltd Edition US $29.05 Buy It Now 7 days
Mostly Autumn - Recorded Live High Voltage July 24th 2011 - Sealed CD Digipak g US $8.22 Buy It Now 7 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN - DRESSED IN VOICES (UK) NEW CD US $61.47 Buy It Now 7 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN Dressed In Voices CD '2014 - New & Sealed' US $18.19 Buy It Now 7 days
Mostly Autumn live UK concert tour November December 2006 small poster print A5 US $24.89 Buy It Now 7 days
Dressed in Voices by Mostly Autumn (CD, Jun-2014, Mostly Autumn) US $16.48 Buy It Now 8 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN - LIVE AT HIGH VOLTAGE 2011 NEW CD US $32.33 Buy It Now 8 days
PETE WAY Johnny Zhivago MOSTLY AUTUMN White Heat comp US $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Mostly Autumn - Passengers (CD) BREATHING SPACE HALO BLIND KARNATAKA PANIC ROOM US $24.89 Buy It Now 9 days
Mostly Autumn - Live At High Voltage 2011 [CD New] US $16.61 Buy It Now 10 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN - LIVE AT THE BOERDERIJ - NEW CD BOXSET US $14.97 Buy It Now 11 days
Mostly Autumn - Live At High Voltage 2011 CD US $26.67 Buy It Now 11 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN Heart Full of Sky 11 track CD SEALED US $21.19 Buy It Now 11 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN Still Beautiful: Live 2011 19 track 2 CD SEALED US $24.89 Buy It Now 11 days
Live at the Boerderij by Mostly Autumn (CD, Mar-2013, 2 Discs, Mostly Autumn) US $15.00 Buy It Now 13 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN-LIVE AT THE BOERDERIJ CD NEW US $30.16 Buy It Now 13 days
Mostly Autumn - Live At The Boerderij [CD New] US $17.95 Buy It Now 13 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN - LIVE AT THE BOERDERIJ NEW CD US $37.34 Buy It Now 13 days
Mostly Autumn - Still Beautiful (Live 2011) CD X 2 (2011) Prog Rock US $21.57 Buy It Now 14 days
Mostly Autumn - Live at the Boerderij 2012 - CD X 2 (2013) Prog Rock US $23.23 Buy It Now 14 days
Passengers Mostly Autumn CD US $58.61 Buy It Now 15 days
Mostly Autumn - The Last Bright Light (CD) US $34.86 Buy It Now 16 days
Mostly Autumn - Vol. 2-Live 2009 CD US $22.76 Buy It Now 16 days
Mostly Autumn ?- The Story So Far CD..prog folk..RARE US $34.99 Buy It Now 17 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN - LIVE 2009 2 (UK) NEW CD US $27.74 Buy It Now 18 days
Mostly Autumn: Live at the Boerderij - Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) Region 2 Bra US $43.00 Buy It Now 18 days
Mostly Autumn - Heart Full of Sky (Music CD) US $39.03 Buy It Now 18 days
Mostly Autumn - Live at High Voltage 2011 (Music CD) US $26.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Mostly Autumn - Live At High Voltage 2011 NEW 2 x CD US $7.44 Buy It Now 18 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN - STORMS OVER STILL WATER - NEW CD US $35.60 Buy It Now 19 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN - GO WELL DIAMOND HEART - NEW CD US $15.94 Buy It Now 19 days
Mostly Autumn - Vol. 1-Live 2009 [CD New] US $22.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Mostly Autumn Mostly Autumn/Heart Full Of Sky CD NEW (UK Import) US $17.41 Buy It Now 20 days
IAIN JENNINGS (MOSTLY AUTUMN) MY DARK SURPRISE JUNE 2013 NEW SOLO PROJECT US $17.75 Buy It Now 20 days
Mostly Autumn - The Spirit Of Autumn Past (CD) US $31.54 Buy It Now 20 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN- Passengers Promo CD (4 Trk Album Sampler) Pink Floyd Fans US $6.91 Buy It Now 20 days
Mostly Autumn - Vol. 2-Live 2009 [CD New] US $22.75 Buy It Now 20 days
Mostly Autumn - Live At High Voltage 2011 NEW 2 x CD US $9.41 Buy It Now 20 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN - THE GHOST MOON ORCHESTRA SEALED UK PROG LEGENDS US $18.68 Buy It Now 21 days
CYCLOPS SAMPLER 4 PROG ROCK 2CD MOSTLY AUTUMN CITIZEN CAIN FLAMBOROUGH KOPECKY US $13.77 Buy It Now 21 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN - LIVE 2009 1 (UK) NEW CD US $27.74 Buy It Now 21 days
Live At the Boerderij - Mostly Autumn New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $34.28 Buy It Now 21 days
CLASSIC ROCK CD NO 13 - MOSTLY AUTUMN/PETE WAY/VAUGHN (REF E3) US $6.63 Buy It Now 21 days
CLASSIC ROCK 2001: A ROCK ODYSSEY CD - MOSTLY AUTUMN/STRANGLERS/YES (REF E3) US $6.63 Buy It Now 21 days
Mostly Autumn ?- The Last Bright Light SEALED Original 2001 Cyclops CD Marillion US $31.95 Buy It Now 22 days
STORMS OVER STILL WATER Mostly Autumn Audio CD US $25.79 Buy It Now 23 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN - PASSENGERS [MOSTLY AUTUMN] - NEW CD US $16.22 Buy It Now 23 days
Mostly Autumn - For All We Shared (CD) US $39.03 Buy It Now 23 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN - THAT NIGHT IN LEAMINGTON - NEW CD BOXSET US $18.83 Buy It Now 23 days
Mostly Autumn - Passengers Sampler CD (Classic Rock Legends, 2004) Rare promo! US $11.61 Buy It Now 24 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN - GHOST MOON ORCHESTRA (UK) NEW CD US $33.87 Buy It Now 25 days
THAT NIGHT IN LEAMINGTON Mostly Autumn Audio CD US $28.78 Buy It Now 25 days
Mostly Autumn-PASSENGERS SUBSCRIBER'S EDITION including CD - Live at the Canterb US $73.06 Buy It Now 25 days
Mostly Autumn: High Voltage 2011.07.24 (1 CD) Concert Live US $27.65 Buy It Now 25 days
Mostly Autumn - Ghost Moon Orchestra [CD New] US $22.00 Buy It Now 25 days
Mostly Autumn - Dressed In Voices [CD New] US $19.46 Buy It Now 26 days
Dressed in Voices by Mostly Autumn (CD, Jun-2014, Mostly Autumn) US $16.50 Buy It Now 26 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN - LIVE AT LONDON ASTORIA 2005 - NEW CD US $34.23 Buy It Now 27 days
Mostly Autumn - Ghost Moon Orchestra CD US $27.94 Buy It Now 28 days
Dressed in Voices - Mostly Autumn New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $53.94 Buy It Now 28 days
Dressed in Voices - Mostly Autumn New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $32.71 Buy It Now 28 days
MOSTLY AUTUMN - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF S4) US $11.54 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy MOSTLY AUTUMN music online Buy MOSTLY AUTUMN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MOSTLY AUTUMN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MOSTLY AUTUMN The Story So Far ratings distribution

MOSTLY AUTUMN The Story So Far reviews

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars (3,5 *) Had this already in May, but after the first listenings (when their debut had just hit me strongly) I felt so disappointed that only yesterday I finally came to think it's not so bad for a live album. The opinions whether Mostly Autumn have improved or gone worse are divided. Judging by this lesser evidence I'd say: worse. Probably the folkish touch has decreased and nearly vanished, and of the 6 newer songs here only a couple can compete with debut's highlights. One I hate for lingering so easily in mind with its stupid chorus: 'Never The Rainbow'. Disastrous song that not even a teenager rock band could be proud of. Unfortunately it's not the only track where the boring flat drumming waters things down. And, yes, the word 'waters' reminds me of another fault to this band. The composer-guitarist-singer Bryan Josh is such a poor man's David Gilmour (and lacking his Waters counterpart). His Pink Floyd mocking is often all too obvious, and already by letting Heather sing more by herself he'd be much wiser.

But there are fine songs enough here for 3 stars. One half extra for letting flutist Angela Goldthorpe participate quite a lot. I just miss the violin. But in a concert hardly any band that hasn't REALLY broke thru can be as eclectic and delicate as in studio albums. M.A. started very promisingly, but seems to lack some originality in song-writing to ever become a truly important prog band.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#42929) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 15, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
5 stars I have mentioned during my review of MA three studio albums, that I appreciate very much some of their numbers while some others were more fillers than anything else. At times rather dull and inexpressive to me.

This live album will actually feature most of their very good songs, and I can not be more happy with this. I believe MA works perfectly on stage. I missed one of their concert last year (I went to the concert hall a day ahead and did not want to go back because of the distance) ! I really felt sorry about that because having seen the corresponding DVD "The Story So Far" I realized that I preferred this band much more live than in studio.

Most of the songs sounds much more dynamic. The first two ones are just gorgeous. They were already the two opening numbers of their debut album. Their rendition here, is just incredible. Such beautiful and strong vocal harmonies. Even more powerful than the studio release. Just perfect, really. The addition of three backing vocalists is of course of great value for this live set.

There will be another two songs from "For All we Shared". The best one IMO is the Floydian "Heroes Never Die". Slightly longer here, its crescendo structure is truely magnificent. I just love it ! The highlight from this song, besides the fantastic and very C,S & N (Crosby, Stills & Nash) oriented vocals, is the sublime guitar solo. One of the many highlights of this live album.

The fourth one is : "The Night Sky". It is shortened by two minutes in comparison with the original version. But since its melancholic mood was a bit too monotonous to my taste, I can't complain. On the contrary, it sounds better in this format. Again, a wonderful and Gilmouresque guitar solo will punctuate the finale rather successfully.

Two songs from " The Spirit Of Autumn Past" of which the title track. Again, it was one of my preferred song from this work. This version is a bit rockier than the studio one. It is also a great track; a pleasure for the ears. It combines some beautiful and short spacey vocals. Another great song. But so far, there is nothing than great songs featured.

"Evergreen" is again a classic MA song. Languorous vocals from Heather combined with a very nice guitar solo. The finale being rather rocky and powerful.

Four numbers from their last album will complete this live recording. My preferred track "The Dark Before The Dawn" is present here as well (I am very lucky with the track selection). Nothing else to say : it remains brilliant while playing live.

"Shrinking Violet" is another fine song in which Heather excells in her vocal performance. It is not only a pleasure for the ears. When you look at their DVD, you realize that it is as well a pleasure for the eyes. She's so beautiful... Lucky Fish ! (yes, Fish, the singer). I have just read that he was going to marry her in August. Congratulations to both of them.

"Never The Rainbow" is one of their harder track even in the studio. Not to mention how it sounds here. Incredibly rhythmy. It rocks like hell. The fabulous keys sounding again like Jon Lord as I mentioned already in my review of the original track. Exceptional.

The long "Mother Nature" will be on par, even if it is a bit too melancholical and mellow during the first part. But the long and epic intrumental finale is so great that one even does not remember this detail.

This is a fantastic Mostly Autumn "Best Of". I recomend it to anyone who would like to investigate about the band. It is a cheap entry since this one holds almost all the highlights of their first three albums and none of their weaker tracks.

Actually, it is a perfect album. The sound is great, the musicianship very good, the track selection fabulous.

This album will please MA fans of course. But most of all, I believe that casual fans (as I am) can only be delighted with the music produced here.

Five stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#120884) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 06, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars As much as I admire this band, I also thought that most of their studio albums were not all that good. With the possibly exception of tjheir third, The Last Bright Light (a real fine CD), they never managed to write enough convincing stuff to fill up their Albums (always too long). However, there was some interesting tunes on all of them and I was wondering how they´d sound live. Would they make a good setlist containing their best? So I took my chances with The Story So far, their very first. And I was not disappointed.

Most of the songs here wound slightly better then their studio counterparts. And the selection is simply excellent, including their best two compositions ever: the epics Mother Nature and Heroes Never Die. But there is more, like the very strong renditions of The Spirit Of Autumn Past and Shriking Violet. The powerful, blistering version of Never The Rainbow (MA´s most rocking number so far) is another highlight among many.

Not that is perfect. In fact, the first two numbers are not well mixed, and gave me a wrong impression when I first heard this CD. The drums, for instance, are way too loud for their kind of music. But all of the sudden, from the third track onwards, everything works. Bryan Josh´s lead guitar soars beautifully all through the record (echoes of Pink Floyd´s David Gilmour guitar style of course, but beautiful anyway). The band is in tight and the blending voices of Josh and Heather Findley are gorgeous, out of the european folk tradition of male and female singing.

My copy came with a bonus CD of live songs but none is from the same period. It´s really more a compilation of tracks taken from other live albums done after this one like Live At The Canterbury´s Fayre and Pink Floyd Revisted, including a convincing 17 minute version of PF´s Echoes. It´s nice, but nothing´s new. It´d would be far more interesting if some unissue material was included.

Conclusion: an excellent live record that shows the band on their ideal enviroment. The tracklist is very good and the playing superb. If you are a fan of Mostly Autumn then this is a must have. if you´re mew to the group, well, just listen to this CD and give them a chance.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#281107) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 09, 2010

5 stars I was extraordinarily lucky, that for less the price you can normally get the CD, I got the CD/DVD combo. They are the same except that there are a few additional songs on the DVD. This is a fabulous compilation of the best of MOSTLY AUTUMN. All their masterpieces are on this except for The ... (read more)

Report this review (#24316) | Posted by rjeffreyr | Friday, November 12, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MOSTLY AUTUMN "The Story So Far"