MICROSOLCO

- Mirco Consolini / Guitars
- Cristiano Roversi / Keyboards
- Nicola Milazzo / Guitars
- Roberto Tiranti / Vocals & Bass

Thanks to mogol for the addition

MANGALA VALLIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MANGALA VALLIS Microsolco Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
The Book Of DreamsThe Book Of Dreams
Tamburo Avapore

More places to buy MANGALA VALLIS music online Buy MANGALA VALLIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MANGALA VALLIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MANGALA VALLIS Microsolco ratings distribution

MANGALA VALLIS Microsolco reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
4 stars This progressive rock band from Italy has certainly gained my attention. Mangala Vallis is a prog rock band in the vein of neo-prog, and thus showcases lots of melody, synth, and eerie atmospheres. Their new album, 'Microsolco', is a solid album with tons to offer.

First off, the theme of the album is the fast pace at which we live today. It discusses a longing for simpler, more naturalistic times by introducing us to a hacker that has created a virus that will destroy all the world's digital memory on 21/12/2012. It's an interesting concept that I certainly relate to, but I must point out that this album would probably not be possible without the very things the band is decrying. In fact, the band has a Facebook page! I know it's just a concept, but I found it to be somewhat shallow.

The music, however, is anything but shallow. Their music certainly has some influences, such as Pink Floyd and Marillion, but I think the most obvious one is Spock's Beard. In fact, there are times on this album where I thought I was listening to a Spock's Beard album: They are very similar in many respects. With the silky smooth vocals and the outstanding synth solos, 'Microsolco' comes to life with impressive clarity. Every instrument is used to great effect and virtuosity, but I think that the synth towers above them all. The synth solo in 'Gods of the Xii Century' is pure gold, and I do believe this is the best track on the album, too. Every track on this album, however, is superbly crafted and always interesting and soulful.

Mangala Vallis has offered up a great album that, while not topping lists by any means, will certainly be an album that grows and grows on the listener. It has everything I could ask for in a neo-prog album, and I hope this band sees some publicity this year.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#1000384) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 17, 2013

4 stars Mangala Vallis - "Microsolco" 13/20 43rd place album of the year 2012 "Microsolco" is the latest album from Italian band Mangala Vallis, and their first full-length in 7 years. Judging from the lyrics, referencing the year and even the 2012 apocalypse, it is clear the band intended this to be ... (read more)

Report this review (#851269) | Posted by Gallifrey | Monday, November 05, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MANGALA VALLIS "Microsolco"