THE STORY OF LIGHT

Essential: a masterpiece of
rock music

Buy STEVE VAI Music
Studio Album, released in 2012

1. The Story Of Light (6:14)
2. Velorium (6:09)
3. John The Revelator (3:40)
4. Book Of The Seven Seals (3:53)
5. Creamsicle Sunset (3:29)
6. Gravity Storm (5:32)
7. Mullach a' tSi (3:55)
8. The Moon And I (7:16)
9. Weeping China Doll (6:09)
10. Racing The World (3:42)
11. No More Amsterdam (4:17)
12. Sunshine Electric Raindrops (4:13)

Search STEVE VAI The Story Of Light lyrics

Search STEVE VAI The Story Of Light tabs

- Philip Bynoe / bass
- Jeremy Colson / drums
- Beverly McClellan / lead vocals (3), backing vocals (4)
- Dave Rosenthal / piano (1)
- Julia Rainy May Vai / Russian narration (1)
- Bob Carpenter / Hammond B3 organ (3,4,12)
- Deborah Henson-Conant / harp (7)
- Mike Mangini / drums (8)
- Mike Keneally / keyboards (8)
- Dave Weiner / rhythm guitar (8)
- Aimee Mann / vocals (11)
- Steve Vai / everything else

CD Favored Nations FN 2780-2

Thanks to Evolver for the addition

STEVE VAI MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy STEVE VAI The Story Of Light Music

Favored Nations 2012
Favored Nations 2013
Vinyl$39.25
Sony Japan 2012
STEVE VAI THE STORY OF LIGHT REAL ILLUSIONS: OF A... SEALED CD NEW 2013 USD $7.74 Buy It Now 2 days
The Story of Light by Steve Vai (CD, Sep-2012, Favored Nations Records (USA)) USD $15.95 Buy It Now 4 days
STEVE VAI - STORY OF LIGHT (IMPORT) (BLU-SPEC) NEW CD USD $48.97 Buy It Now 7 days
Steve Vai - Story Of Light [CD New] USD $34.06 Buy It Now 7 days
Story Of Light - Vai,Steve USD $15.41 Buy It Now 9 days
STEVE VAI - STORY OF LIGHT [CD/DVD] - NEW CD BOXSET USD $13.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Story Of Light - Steve Vai (2012, CD New) 4547366065749 USD $31.48 Buy It Now 10 days
STEVE VAI - THE STORY OF LIGHT [690897278004] - NEW CD USD $9.36 Buy It Now 10 days
STEVE VAI - THE STORY OF LIGHT [4547366065749] - NEW CD USD $31.08 Buy It Now 11 days
Steve Vai-The Story of Light CD NEW USD $16.49 Buy It Now 12 days
Steve Vai - Story Of Light (2012) - Used - Compact Disc USD $3.90 Buy It Now 12 days
Steve Vai: The Story Of Light [Blu-spec CD] BLU-SPEC (Japan) USD $33.00 Buy It Now 13 days
The Story of Light by Steve Vai *New CD* USD $14.08 Buy It Now 14 days
Vai,Steve - Story Of Light (CD New) USD $13.04 Buy It Now 15 days
STEVE VAI - STORY OF LIGHT AUSTRALIAN TOUR - PROMO TOUR POSTER USD $11.31 Buy It Now 17 days
STEVE VAI**STORY OF LIGHT (LIMITED EDITION)**CD + DVD SET USD $15.35 Buy It Now 18 days
STORY OF LIGHT BY VAI,STEVE (CD) USD $19.75 Buy It Now 21 days
STEVE VAI - STORY OF LIGHT NEW CD USD $16.73 Buy It Now 23 days
Story of Light - Vai,Steve New & Sealed BLUE SPEC CD Free Shipping USD $49.89 Buy It Now 24 days
Story Of Light - Vai,Steve (2012, CD New) USD $18.03 Buy It Now 25 days
STEVE VAI - STORY OF LIGHT (DLX) (DIGIBOOK) NEW CD USD $23.72 Buy It Now 25 days
Steve Vai - Story Of Light [CD New] USD $17.00 Buy It Now 25 days
Rare Metal CD STEVE VAI The Story Of Light ORG NEW & SEALED USD $11.99 Buy It Now 26 days
STEVE VAI**STORY OF LIGHT**CD USD $11.01 Buy It Now 27 days
Steve Vai - Story Of Light CD USD $21.79 Buy It Now 28 days
Steve Vai - Story Of Light CD NICE N FRIENDLY RECORDS USD $16.69 Buy It Now 28 days
Story of Light - Steve Vai New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $25.95 Buy It Now 28 days
Story of Light (gatefold Deluxe Edition) - Vai,Steve New & Sealed LP Free Shippi USD $46.62 Buy It Now 28 days
Steve Vai - Story Of Light [CD New] USD $12.34 Buy It Now 28 days
CD flexable ~ USD $8.67

More places to buy STEVE VAI music online Buy STEVE VAI & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for STEVE VAI DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

STEVE VAI The Story Of Light ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(34%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(39%)

STEVE VAI The Story Of Light reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
5 stars I must admit, after seeing Steve Vai playing in Frank Zappa's band thirty years ago or so, I bacame a huge fan. When I heard "The Attitude Song" when it was releases as a flexi-single in Guitar Player magazine I had to get the "Flex-Able" album, and it's companion leftovers album. But after the next two albums "Passion & Warfare" and "Sex & Religion" showed the great Vai retreating into hard rock and metal cliches, I gave up on him.

Then, a few years ago I saw the video of his "Where The Wild Things Are" concert on TV, and saw that Vai had returned to his inventive roots, and was playing like only he could, that is as the most outstanding guitarist on the planet. Coupled with a mind blowing solo he added to "Zomby Woof" on the first ZPZ album, it gave me a reason to re-investigate Mr. Vai.

And this album does not disappoint. Opening with The Story Of Light, Vai returns to his Zappa beginnings. The song has a feel like the warm up numbers Frank would use to open his concerts (and had spoken Russian lyrics read by Julia Rainy May Vai - must be a relative). The song builds while Vai does his guitar acrobatics. Another Zappa-influenced track is Creamsicle Sunset, which sound like it was influence by Zoot Allures.

Highlights include John The Revelator and Book Of The Seven Seals, a pair of songs that begin as old time blues, and work their way into a prog-metal/blues/gospel frenzy. I can't describe it and better than that. You have to hear it.

Another astounding piece is Gravity Storm where Vai bends his rhythm and lead guitar lines in impossible ways, yet his band manages to stay right with him. And Mullach a' tSi, a duet with harpist Deborah Henson-Conant is delicate and beautiful.

This album is supposedly the second in a trilogy with his previous studio album (which I don't yet own). It doesn't matter, it stands completely on it's own. And it is brilliant from start to finish.

4.5 stars. Very close to perfect.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#809009) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 23, 2012

3 stars "I went down to the crossroads, fell down on my knees." Well, Vai may have made a pact with the Devil that in turn gave him exceptional skills on the guitar, but he got seriously shortchanged - as it may happen when you deal with an entity of the kind. He forgot to bargain for skills for comp ... (read more)

Report this review (#960291) | Posted by BORA | Thursday, May 16, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Finally, a Steve Vai album I can love For the longest time I have tried to "force" myself to like Steve Vai's albums, until one day I just said screw it and pretty much just abandoned the prospect of ever really enjoying vai. So much of what he does is very "out there" and I have never really bee ... (read more)

Report this review (#958795) | Posted by Phoenix87x | Monday, May 13, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I have mixed feelings about Steve Vai. Some of his material is the most technically amazing stuff I've ever heard; I consider him to be the greatest guitarist on the electric guitar of all time. That being said, much of his material (like his critically acclaimed Passion and Warfare) left me ... (read more)

Report this review (#917787) | Posted by Earendil | Friday, February 22, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of STEVE VAI "The Story Of Light"