LIBERATION

Good, but non-essential

Buy ICE AGE Music
Studio Album, released in 2001

1. The Lhasa Road (8:38)
2. March Of The Red Dragon (1:07)
3. The Blood Of Ages (7:15)
4. A Thousand Years (6:10)
5. When You're Ready (8:58)
6. Musical Cages (6:31)
7. Monolith (1:15)
8. The Guardian Of Forever (6:48)
9. Howl (1:41)
10. The Wolf (4:40)
11. To Say Goodbye, Part III: Still Here (8:19)
12. Tong-len (1:34)

Search ICE AGE Liberation lyrics

Search ICE AGE Liberation tabs

- Jimmy Pappas / guitars
- Arron DiCesare / bass
- Josh Pincus / vocals and keyboards
- Hal Aponte / drums and percussion

Magna Carta MA-9051-2

ICE AGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ICE AGE Liberation Music

Sony Music Japan
Dead KingsDead Kings
Revelation Records 2013
Vinyl$9.78
Ice Age 2 Original Soundtrack (Music by John Powell) JAPAN CD OBI G255 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Ice Age 2 Original Soundtrack (Music by John Powell) JAPAN CD OBI H153 US $3.99 [0 bids]
MARTHA AND THE MUFFINS This Is The Ice Age LP Record US $52.50 Buy It Now 13h 39m
CD ICE AGE THE GREAT DIVIDE ~PROGRESSIVE METAL RARE/NR MINT! magna carta US $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 11m
Teenage Bottlerocket ?- Ice Age / Walked In Line color vinyl masked intuder US $30.00 Buy It Now 15h 17m
JOHN HIATT-"WARMING UP TO THE ICE AGE" NEW SEALED 1985 ISSUE LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK/ - ICE AGE: DAWN OF THE DINOSAURS [ORIGINAL MOTION - NEW CD US $6.94 Buy It Now 19h 17m
JOHN HIATT, WARMING UP TO THE ICE AGE LP US $2.99 [0 bids]
Ellen Shipley "Breaking Through The Ice Age" SEALED LP US $9.95 Buy It Now 21h
Warming Up to the Ice Age by John Hiatt (Cassette, O... US $0.99 [0 bids]
John Hiatt vinyl LP album record Warming Up To The Ice Age UK GEF26309 GEFFEN US $19.85 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHN HIATT warming up to the ice age LP PS EX/EX + dutch newspaper clipping US $14.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Brother Bear ~ Original Soundtrack (CD, Oct-2003, Disney) Ice Age Soundtrack US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ICEAGE ICE AGE THE NEW BRIGADE - NEW FULL CD ALBUM IN PROMO SLIPCASE US $5.63 Buy It Now 1 day
John Hiatt - Warming Up to the Ice Age (LP 1985 Geffen GHS 24055) US $7.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Warming Up to the Ice Age CD US $3.96 Buy It Now 1 day
John Hiatt "Warming Up To The Ice Age" 1985 Geffen LP US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ellen Shipley "Breaking Through The Ice Age" 1980 Rock LP, VG+, Vinyl US $2.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ICE AGE: THE MELTDOWN [ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK] - NEW CD US $4.10 Buy It Now 1 day
V.A.Living in the Ice Age, Vol. 2 w/Cinematic Orchestra, The Dining Rooms. US $3.95 [0 bids]
ICE AGE THE MELTDOWN - ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK CD NEW US $7.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Noiseworks 'Touch' CD +GROUND ZERO The New Ice Age 1994 CD EP US $4.67 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID NEWMAN / ICE AGE US $9.95 [0 bids]
JOHN HIATT Warming uo the ice age SEALED lp US $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CATHEDRAL A NEW ICE AGE LP UK MINT SEALED US $44.99 Buy It Now 3 days
JOHN HIATT ~ Warming up to the ice age,UK LP Geffen records 1985 US $11.21 Buy It Now 3 days
JOHN HIATT WARMING UP THE ICE AGE US $7.00 Buy It Now 3 days
ICE AGE - LIBERATION (New & Unplayed) Metal Rock CD US $3.30 Buy It Now 3 days
Ice Age - Liberation (CD 2001) US $3.30 Buy It Now 3 days
Ice Age Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD David Newman US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Cathedral "A New Ice Age" Orange EP edition Metallica Paradise Lost Opeth US $83.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Iceage You're Nothing LP sealed vinyl + mp3 download Ice Age Matador 2013 NEW US $13.00 [0 bids]
HOLLYWOOD STUDIO SYM - ICE AGE 3: DIE DINOSAURIER SIND LOS - NEW CD US $20.69 Buy It Now 3 days
SPYS - Don't Run My Life/Ice Age US $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Martha & the Muffins- This Is The Ice Age New Wave Synth Pop LP US $6.00 [0 bids]
JOHN HIATT - WARMING UP TO THE ICE AGE (GHS24055) VG/VG++ cond. great artist! US $3.00 Buy It Now 3 days
JOHN HIATT - WARMING UP TO THE ICE AGE [REMASTERED] - NEW CD US $42.08 Buy It Now 4 days
Ice Age - Score - 2002 - David Newman-Soundtrack CD US $46.72 Buy It Now 4 days
Teenage Bottlerocket? Ice Age / Walked In Line Green Masked Intuder Lillingtons US $43.00 Buy It Now 4 days
ICE AGE "You're Nothing" Brand New CD US $11.61 [0 bids]
Ellen Shipley Breaking Through Ice Age Lieberman 12" LP Promo Very Go US $2.99 [0 bids]
NEW BRIGADE BY ICE AGE (CD) US $18.20 Buy It Now 4 days
JOHN HIATT, WARMING UP TO THE ICE AGE - LP* US $8.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Mabs - The Journey..The Post Ice Age USA Shipping Included US $8.39 Buy It Now 4 days
John Hiatt - Warming Up to the Ice Age - Cassette Tape - TESTED US $2.49 Buy It Now 4 days
John Powell ICE AGE: DAWN OF DINOSAURS Japan CD SEALED US $12.99 [0 bids]
John Powell ICE AGE: THE MELTDOWN score Japan CD SEALED US $14.99 [0 bids]
Hiatt John - Warming Up To The Ice Age JPN Rmst Jmlp CD US $45.09 Buy It Now 5 days
Soundtrack - Ice Age (Score) (2002) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.58 Buy It Now 5 days
Cathedral - A New Ice Age (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $24.48 Buy It Now 5 days
JOHN HIATT-WARMING UP TO THE ICE AGE-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 5 days
Ice Age 3 Dawn Of The Dinosaurs OST Music By John Powell CD Music Album New US $24.89 Buy It Now 5 days
ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK/ - ICE AGE [ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK] - NEW CD US $33.25 Buy It Now 5 days
JOHN HIATT Warming Up To he Ice Age SEALED LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Ellen SHipley "Breaking Through The Ice Age" SEALED LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 6 days
MARTHA & THE MUFFINS "This is the Ice Age" Recycled Vinyl LP Record Bowl (1981) US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Ice Age - NEW Sealed CD Soundtrack US $40.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Ellen Shipley Breaking Through The Ice Age 1980 RCA Records 33rpm lp AFL1-3626 US $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Great Divide by Ice Age (CD, Jun-1999, Magna Carta) US $14.68 Buy It Now 6 days
American NIghtmare - Ice Age Demo Black/Red Labels Give Up The Ghost Blacklisted US $4.99 [0 bids]
JEFF FINLIN - LIVE SONGS FOR THE ICE AGE [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $21.93 Buy It Now 7 days
JOHN HIATT - WARMING UP TO THE ICE AGE (IMPORT) NEW CD US $54.57 Buy It Now 7 days
John Hiatt ?- Warming Up To The Ice Age LP Vinyl GHS24055 US $5.99 Buy It Now 7 days
ICE AGE: CONTINENTAL DRIFT (SCORE) / SOUNDTRACK NEW CD US $23.14 Buy It Now 7 days
Ice Age 2: the Meltdown (OST) by John Powell Brand New US $12.99 Buy It Now 7 days
ELLEN SHIPLEY breaking through the ice age LP - CLASSIC ROCK / UK POST 3 LP £2 US $9.95 Buy It Now 8 days
JOHN HIATT,warming up to the ice age,NORBERT PUTNAM,Elvis Costello-Vocal/POP-Cd US $7.99 Buy It Now 8 days
OF MICE & MEN - Ice Age (and) T-shirt - NEW - LARGE ONLY US $28.05 Buy It Now 8 days
Ice Age - The Great Divide (NEW CD 1999) US $14.10 Buy It Now 8 days
Cathedral - A New Ice Age NEW 12" VINYL US $20.76 Buy It Now 8 days
@ CD Synthphonia Suprema - The Future Ice-Age POWER METAL RHAPSODY / ICE WARRIOR US $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Lust For Youth Chasing the Light 12" vinyl record indie sealed ice age US $9.95 Buy It Now 8 days
JOHN WARMIMG UP THE ICE AGE LP GHS 24055 US $3.73 Buy It Now 8 days
Gleaming Spires Welcoming a New Ice Age Tabb Records US $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days
OF MICE & MEN - Ice Age (and) T-shirt - NEW - XLARGE ONLY US $28.05 Buy It Now 9 days
OF MICE & MEN - Ice Age (and) T-shirt - NEW - XXLARGE ONLY US $28.05 Buy It Now 9 days
ENCORE 2X12 "ICE AGE RMX/FILTHY RMX/LOVE & HATE" JOEY CHAVEZ EVIDENCE NEXTMEN US $7.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Liberation by Ice Age US $6.97 Buy It Now 9 days
JOHN HIATT Warming Up to Ice Age vinyl LP, 1985, VG US $4.99 Buy It Now 9 days
John Hiatt Warming up to the Ice Age cassette Geffen US $4.50 Buy It Now 9 days
THE PEECHEES-All Season Sensations Sing Like Me/Other Ice Age UK 7" EX Cond US $24.89 Buy It Now 10 days
JOHN HIATT Warming Up To The Ice Age on Cassette Tape US $4.19 Buy It Now 10 days
1985 - JOHN HIATT - Warming Up To The Ice Age - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $14.93 Buy It Now 10 days
John Hiatt Warming Up To The Ice Age 10 Track Vinyl Album US $20.33 Buy It Now 10 days
Hellhound Ice Age CD new US $20.69 Buy It Now 10 days
Ellen Shipley-Breaking Through The Ice Age-LP-OG Sleeve US $5.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Mike Jones-Guess Who's Back...-12" Single-Ice Age-NM US $5.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Ellen Shipley Breaking Through The Ice Age RARE promo vinyl LP '80 US $12.00 Buy It Now 10 days
CATHEDRAL - THE LAST SPIRE - WHITE VINYL - 2 LP record rise above new ice age US $39.99 Buy It Now 10 days
NEW Live Songs For The Ice Age [digipak] by Jeff Finlin CD (CD) US $26.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Ice Age 3-Die Dinosaurier Sind Los - Powell,John New & Sealed Compact Disc Free US $28.34 Buy It Now 11 days
Ice Age Continental Drift Soundtrack John Powell US $7.00 Buy It Now 11 days
OF MICE & MEN - Ice Age Royal Blue (and) T-shirt NEW - XLARGE ONLY US $28.05 Buy It Now 12 days
OF MICE & MEN - Ice Age Royal Blue (and) T-shirt NEW - LARGE ONLY US $28.05 Buy It Now 12 days
OF MICE & MEN - Ice Age Royal Blue (and) T-shirt NEW - SMALL ONLY US $28.05 Buy It Now 12 days
OF MICE & MEN - Ice Age White (and) Tank Top/Singlet - NEW - MEDIUM ONLY US $28.05 Buy It Now 12 days
OF MICE & MEN - Ice Age White (and) Tank Top/Singlet - NEW - LARGE ONLY US $28.05 Buy It Now 12 days
OF MICE & MEN - Ice Age White (and) Tank Top/Singlet - NEW - XLARGE ONLY US $28.05 Buy It Now 12 days
LIVING IN THE ICE AGE V/A CD *RARE* ORIG 1997 COLDCUT Spaceways Up, Bustle US $27.99 Buy It Now 12 days
John Hiatt Warning Up to the Ice Age Geffen 1985 SEALED US $9.00 Buy It Now 13 days

More places to buy ICE AGE music online Buy ICE AGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ICE AGE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ICE AGE Liberation ratings distribution

ICE AGE Liberation reviews

3 stars 3.5 stars. I feel a little guilty in not giving this album 4 stars because there are so many great moments on it. I'm not a big fan of the vocals that do sound like Dennis DeYoung at times. He has a powerful voice but I don't like the tone when he sings loudly. The lyrics which I don't usually take much notice of are very impressive. It's not often that i'll read the words of all the songs, but I did because they are that good. Lots of keyboard and guitar solos on this one as well.

"The Lhasa Road (No Surrender)" is a good opener that features the bands technical ability. Nice guitar solo 2 1/2 minutes in but an even better one 4 minutes later. The bass and drum work late is a highlight as well. "March Of The Red Dragon" is just over a minute of drums and synths that blends into "The Blood Of Ages". It turns heavy rather quickly until the vocals come in. This contrast continues. I really like the beautiful guitar solo that comes after the mellow passage 5 minutes in. This and "When Your Ready" are my two favourite tracks. "A Thousand Years" opens with some nice guitar. The keys are also impressive after 3 minutes. Check out the guitar to end the song. "When Your Ready" is simply gorgeous for the first 2 minutes before it becomes more powerful. The original melody does return 6 1/2 minutes in. This is the longest song at almost 9 minutes.

"Musical Cages" opens with some great sounding guitar that goes on for 2 1/2 minutes and then the piano takes over. Some riffing follows before we get a keyboard solo. Nice bass lines ! The guitar is very active as well. Great instrumental. "Monolith" is a short acoustic guitar piece with a Spanish flavour. "The Guardian Of Forever" opens sounding like FATES WARNING so i'm already won over. It becomes fairly light though before getting heavy again. "Howl" is another short instrumental. It opens with synths but the guitar is the star of this show. Nice. It blends into "The Wolf" which becomes an uptempo song with passionate vocals. Some beautiful guitar after 2 minutes. "To Say Goodbye,Part III: Still Here" has some really uplifting moments on it. Almost Neo sounding with uptempo synth runs. Good track. "Tong-Len" is another short instrumental. It opens with Eastern sounds before the piano takes over. Very tasteful and peaceful closing track.

I'm looking forward to hearing their debut that everyone seems to like better than this one. I can recommend this one heartily to anyone who is into melodic Prog-Metal.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#152871) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 26, 2007

Review by progrules
4 stars For those who haven't read my previous review for this band: it's unbelievable that such a high quality prog metal band is so little known (or at least reviewed). So again I have to say: wake up, progmetallists of this website and do your job ! This band absolutely deserves that.

So, got that off my chest, now I can do my own review. Liberation is the successor of Great Divide, one of the few in prog history that got my highest reward: 5 stars (and: totally deserved). The successor has proved to be very worthy for this bands reputation. It's another excellent effort and I wanted to review it for a long time but problem is the often occurring dilemma for the 4 or 5 star rating. I mean this must be at least the 20th case in which this problem is causing me headaches what to do. This is thus another plead for the half-star ratingpossibility that would end this pressing problem.

On this fantastic release I can detect at least 5 great songs, only downside is they can't quite match up with the best tracks of their debut. So that explains my doubts about the 4 or 5 star rating. I would do them a bit wrong with 4 stars, but another 5 would probably be a little overdone. So here we go again, it will be 4 because of the lacking oftrue masterpiece status but I'm very unhappy about it !

Ice Age is a high quality and very technical prog metal band producing very good compositions. The overall final judgement for this band is that it's one of the best in this department, to me absolutely a match for Dream Theater and Symphony X although the similarity with these bands isn't really obvious.

Best tracks on the album are: The Lhasa Road, Musical Cages and To say goodbye pt.3

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#158714) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Review by b_olariu
3 stars 3.5 realy

The second offer of this excellent and yet short lived progressive metal band from USA is another great ex of how must sound a progressive metal album, powerful, intristing inventiv and damn tight musicianship. While I prefer the first one over thi, Liberation from 2001 is winner for sure. Great voice again made by Pincus, instrumental passages shines on each piece, so definetly a good album. Maybe the sound is not so fat as on first release but is ok in the end. Again long pieces, great progressive metal arrangements, tight passages where the keybords goes hand in hand with the rest , quite impresive overall, pieces like The Lhasa Road or When You're Ready are absolutly great, younger band must take some notes because Ice Agen kick ass all the way. So a good towards great, I still like the first one much more, is more pretentious and was a real bomb when was release and I think the better one from the two they release so far. Ice Ages was disbanded in 2004 but the members of the band were formed another outfit under the named Soulfractured where they play a more direct kind of metal, without that overly complex arrangements from the Ice Age fame. The mebers said that the chapter Ice Ages is closed now Soulfractured is the band that they work hard in the future, they also issued a selftitled album in 2006. Back to Ice Age, this short lived band made two of the best albums in prog metal in last 2 decades for sure, they will be remebered for the, specialy first album The great dived who realy kick major ass all the way, killer album IMO.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#440832) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 30, 2011

Review by Isa
1 stars |F| Power-prog meets AOR. And believe it or not, it's even cheesier than it sounds.

This is an old album that my brother purchased during his power-prog phase. To be honest, this album was a lot more depressing than it was displeasing to actually hear. I like a lot of (less idiotic) AOR, and I like a lot of (less cheesy) power-prog. The musicians are clearly quite technically skilled and have no fear of showing it off as much as possible. It is well produced, with some very creative compositional aspects that amount to nothing more than turgid self-indulgence.

This work in fact fulfills every negative stereotype of prog metal imaginable. Most of the album has an "epic" and an obnoxious, overly happy/inspired sound, and rarely departs from this sound. Almost every track has the same or similar formula: sixteenth-note guitar/keyboard runs and patters at a fast speed, incredibly cheesy string settings (though occasionally some cool synthesizer settings that work effectively), some crunching "awesome" guitar riff topped with pads and an "epic" melodic vocal line. It is so self- indulgent with new material popping up that only ever adds to the cheesiness already established. Moments expressing musical substance were few and far between, and quite literally so. It was all so overkill that half-way through the album I dreaded there being another track; I was crossing my fingers, hoping it was over. Twice I put myself through listening to the entire thing, and both times I came out thinking I couldn't bear to listen to another prog metal album again.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those anti-prog-metal trolls that go around giving every prog metal band bad reviews (like some very prominent collabs on here). In fact those people should give this album a listen, and I'm sure they might change their views on the truly substantial prog-metal albums out there. Because this album really puts into perspective the "cheesiness" associated with prog-metal. Trust me, after hearing this, you'll never think Symphony X made even one cheesy track ever again. You just won't listen to Symphony X for a good long time after being so over-exposed to such "epic and sweeping" soloing and vocals. You might as well listen to Dragonforce, at least they don't pretend not to be pretentious.

Like with my masterpiece ratings, I rarely give a poor only for those albums that have little or nothing to offer in the substance of its composition. It's clear how much work went into the album: the musicianship, planning out the composition, the production, etc. This album could've been great, but it ended up nothing more than a load of pretentious, turgid, "prog"- metal hogwash. If Dragonforce and Styx happen to simultaneously be your two favorite bands, you'll love this album.

Send comments to Isa (BETA) | Report this review (#465974) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 20, 2011

4 stars Without any doubt,LIBERATION is that kind of album that can be considered to be a forgotten pearl,a musical jewel!I still cannot explain what was wrong with ICE AGE and why they didn't become more popular!They were signed by MAGNA CARTA label,the craddle for excellent prog bands like SHADOW G ... (read more)

Report this review (#259258) | Posted by Ovidiu | Monday, January 04, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is such a great band. I picked up Ice Age's 1st album "The Great Divide" 2nd hand for only $5 after seeing their name in a Magna Carta booklet, and wow. I was pleasantly surprised and excited that a new band was actually producing great progressive music! Then i got this album. I am su ... (read more)

Report this review (#229000) | Posted by rollthebones | Wednesday, July 29, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars FLOWERS ON THE LHASA ROAD! Great band! ICE AGE is a band formed by four excellent prog metal musicians. Especially, I noticed guitarist Jimmy Pappas and keyboardist/vocalist Josh Pincus. This band is, IMO, still so unknown, but the two albums they ha ... (read more)

Report this review (#168271) | Posted by Sachis | Monday, April 21, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars If you haven't heard their debut, don't start here, but get that one first! If you like The great divide, you'll like this as well. I was a bit disappointed upon hearing this, though. Full of expectations after the brilliant debut, their second record is merely very good. The overall song-quality is ... (read more)

Report this review (#25358) | Posted by Ocelotl | Thursday, November 13, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ICE AGE "Liberation"