THE GREAT DIVIDE

Ice Age

Ice Age The Great Divide album cover

Buy ICE AGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1999

1. Perpetual Child (10:29)
2. Sleepwalker (5:24)
3. Join (5:55)
4. Spare Chicken Parts (8:50)
5. Because Of You (5:32)
6. The Bottom Line (4:44)
7. Ice Age (11:08)
8. One Look Away (5:40)
9. Miles To Go (5:01)
10. To Say Goodbye (11:31)

Search ICE AGE The Great Divide lyrics

Search ICE AGE The Great Divide tabs

Jimmy Pappas / guitars
Arron DiCesare / bass
Josh Pincus / vocals and keyboards
Hal Aponte / drums and percussion

Magna Carta MAX-9028-2

ICE AGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ICE AGE The Great Divide Music

The Great DivideThe Great Divide
Magna Carta Records 1999
LiberationLiberation
Magna Carta 2001
Dead KingsDead Kings
Revelation Records 2013
Vinyl$11.45
HELLHOUND-ICE AGE-cd-1998-Maximum Metal Germany-MM 1004-original US $25.64 Buy It Now 6h 9m
John Powell - Ice Age The Meltdown Soundtrack Japan CD NEW US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 9m
Ice Age - Liberation (NEW CD) US $10.40 Buy It Now 10h 29m
Locked Down, Dr. John, CD, 2012, Revolution, Big Shot, Ice Age, DAN AUERBACH US $2.99 [0 bids]
JOHN HIATT LP, Warming Up To The Ice Age (GEFFEN US Issue EX/NM) US $21.64 Buy It Now 16h 29m
JOHN HIATT-"WARMING UP TO THE ICE AGE" NEW SEALED 1985 ISSUE LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
1 CENT CD Ice Age: Continental Drift OST john powell US $0.56 [2 bids]
~3CD AUDIO CD ENGLISH SONG ICE AGE 2012 ???? ??? FREE POSTAGE US $23.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GROUND ZERO The New Ice Age 1994 CD EP US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
FREE U.S.sh/$3 int'l sh ~ LIKE NEW CD : Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs Soundtrac US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
FREE U.S.sh/$3 int'l sh ~ NEW CD : Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs Soundtrack US $10.29 Buy It Now 1 day
V.A.Living in the Ice Age, Vol. 2 w/Cinematic Orchestra, The Dining Rooms. US $3.95 [0 bids]
Ice Age - Liberation NEW CD US $7.52 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN HIATT Warming Up To The Ice Age JAPAN SHM MINI LP CD 10 TRACKS UICY-75578 US $38.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ice Age by David Newman [Soundtrack, OST] US $9.99 [0 bids]
Ice Age - Liberation (Music Cd) US $17.11 Buy It Now 2 days
Teenage Bottlerocket ?- Ice Age / Walked In Line color vinyl masked intuder US $30.00 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN HIATT - WARMING UP THE ICE AGE 2013 SHM REMASTERED JAPAN MINI LP CD US $33.54 Buy It Now 2 days
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, John Powell Soundtrack (OST) Sealed US $7.00 [0 bids]
Ice Age - Liberation CD 2001 METAL RULES US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
(HK Edition)Ice Age 4:Continental Drift DVD~*Language:Cantonese,English~Region 3 US $15.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Jeff Finlin - Live Songs For The Ice Age (Music CD) US $36.89 Buy It Now 3 days
Original Score - Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (Music CD) US $32.21 Buy It Now 3 days
JOHN HIATT "Warming Uo To The Ice Age" LP SIGNED COVER US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SPYS Don't Run My Life b/w Ice Age STOCK 45 M- US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Hiatt,John - Warming Up To The Ice Age [CD New] US $39.22 Buy It Now 3 days
Original Score Ice Age: Continental Drift CD US $12.64 Buy It Now 3 days
OF MICE & MEN - Ice Age:and:T-shirt NEW - MEDIUM ONLY US $27.86 Buy It Now 3 days
PACHECO ALEXANDER pop rock promo 45 COLUMBIA Milwaukee, The Night The Ice Age... US $7.95 Buy It Now 4 days
DJ Cramske & Cryogenics Unearth Woolly Mammoth's Ice Age Breaks battle RARE!! US $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Ice Age - Liberation ( CD 2001 ) NEW US $4.61 Buy It Now 4 days
Ice Age - Liberation - CD [USG] US $7.23 Buy It Now 4 days
Ice Age - Great Divide CD US $18.77 Buy It Now 4 days
John Powell - Ice Age: Continental Drift CD US $18.54 Buy It Now 4 days
Ice Age - Dead Kings Vinyl Record LP US $15.76 Buy It Now 4 days
ELLEN SHIPLEY breaking through the ice age JAPAN LP PROMO OBI RPL-8010 kR4 US $17.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Ice Age - The Great Divide - UK CD US $21.51 Buy It Now 4 days
JOHN HIATT WARMING UP TO THE ICE AGE CASSETTE US $1.99 Buy It Now 4 days
John Hiatt - Warming Up to the Ice Age CD US $9.00 Buy It Now 4 days
JOHN HIATT, WARMING UP TO THE ICE AGE - LP* US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
* Set of 2 35mm Movie Theater Film Trailer Reel Cell HOODWINKED ICE AGE 2 II US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
* Set of 2 35mm Movie Theater Film Trailer Reel Cell MONSTER HOUSE ICE AGE 2 II US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
* Set of 2 35mm Movie Theater Film Trailer Reel Cell POLAR EXPRESS ICE AGE 2 II US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
John Hiatt Warming Up To The Ice Age Cd US $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
JOHN HIATT-WARMING UP TO THE ICE AGE-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G00 US $31.99 Buy It Now 5 days
1980 Ellen Shipley Breaking Through The Ice Age NM Viny US $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
? Ellen Shipley - RCA Special Radio Series Vol. V (P) (Breaking Thru the Ice Age US $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Miss Black America / Cultural Ice Age - Split 7" Yellow US $17.60 Buy It Now 5 days
GLEAMING SPIRES Welcoming A New Ice Age LP Tabb 1985 US $12.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Ellen Shipley Breaking Through The Ice Age Lieberman Promo Very Good Condition US $1.99 [0 bids]
Cathedral "A New Ice Age" Orange EP edition Metallica Paradise Lost Opeth US $83.99 Buy It Now 6 days
SPYS ICE AGE DON'T RUN MY LIFE NEAR MINT ORIGINSL SINGLE FROM 1982 US $1.68 Buy It Now 6 days
ARMSRACE "CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR THE NEXT ICE AGE" US $2.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Teenage Bottlerocket? Ice Age / Walked In Line Green Masked Intuder Lillingtons US $45.00 Buy It Now 6 days
GLEAMING SPIRES LP Welcoming A New Ice Age SPARKS Tabb '85 orig w/lyric insert!! US $24.00 Buy It Now 6 days
ALVIN & THE CHIPMUNKS ICE AGE 1 DBL PACK US $13.62 Buy It Now 7 days
JOHN HIATT warming up to the ice age US $15.08 Buy It Now 7 days
Live Songs For the Ice Age [Digipak] by Jeff Finlin (CD, Aug-2012, Burnside) US $10.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Ice Age 3 - Soundtrack (NEW CD) US $24.73 Buy It Now 8 days
JOHN HIATT: WARMING UP TO THE ICE AGE [Living a Little, Laughing a Little++] US $6.99 Buy It Now 8 days
JEFF FINLIN - LIVE SONGS FOR THE ICE AGE - BURNBW6 US $26.43 Buy It Now 8 days
(DG258) Miss Black America / Cultural Ice Age, split single - 2003 DJ CD US $4.11 Buy It Now 8 days
Dead Kings - Ice Age (2010, Vinyl New) US $11.73 Buy It Now 8 days
Axl Rose of Guns N' Roses on Kerrang Cover 1989 Gypsy Queen Paul Stanley Ice Age US $12.58 Buy It Now 9 days
Spys 45 Don;t Run My LIfe/Ice Age EMI-Capitol 8124 80s new wave US $1.57 Buy It Now 9 days
ICE AGE - GREAT DIVIDE NEW CD US $24.13 Buy It Now 9 days
The Great Divide Ice Age CD US $12.92 Buy It Now 9 days
CATHEDRAL A New Ice Age LIMITED VINYL LP US $33.54 Buy It Now 9 days
? Gleaming Spires - Welcoming a New Ice Age (Tabb Records TGS-2) ('85) ex-Sparks US $14.99 Buy It Now 9 days
CD - ICE AGE - Continental Drift - John Powell - SEALED! US $6.79 Buy It Now 9 days
Ice Age:Dawn of the Dinosaurs-2010-Orig Soundtrack CD US $27.82 Buy It Now 9 days
Powell,John - Ice Age: Continental Drift [CD New] US $15.63 Buy It Now 9 days
LIVING IN THE ICE AGE V/A CD *RARE* ORIG 1997 COLDCUT US $27.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Cathedral - A New Ice Age - blue vinyl - record lp electric wizard US $26.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Ice Age - Great Divide [CD New] US $15.91 Buy It Now 10 days
MARTHA AND THE MUFFINS This Is The Ice Age LP Record US $52.50 Buy It Now 10 days
CD ICE AGE THE GREAT DIVIDE ~PROGRESSIVE METAL RARE/NR MINT! magna carta US $19.99 Buy It Now 10 days
ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK/ - ICE AGE: DAWN OF THE DINOSAURS [ORIGINAL MOTION - NEW CD US $7.32 Buy It Now 10 days
JOHN HIATT warming up to the ice age LP PS EX/EX + dutch newspaper clipping US $15.08 Buy It Now 10 days
Ellen Shipley "Breaking Through The Ice Age" SEALED LP US $9.95 Buy It Now 10 days
JOHN HIATT - WARMING UP TO THE ICE AGE - CD US $1.49 Buy It Now 11 days
ICEAGE ICE AGE THE NEW BRIGADE - NEW CD IN PROMO SLIPCASE US $6.41 Buy It Now 11 days
John Hiatt - Warming Up to the Ice Age (LP 1985 Geffen GHS 24055) US $7.50 Buy It Now 11 days
Ellen Shipley "Breaking Through The Ice Age" 1980 Rock LP, VG+, Vinyl US $2.95 Buy It Now 11 days
ICE AGE: THE MELTDOWN [ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK] - NEW CD US $4.21 Buy It Now 11 days
JOHN HIATT Warming uo the ice age SEALED lp US $13.99 Buy It Now 12 days
ICE AGE THE MELTDOWN - ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK CD NEW US $4.99 Buy It Now 13 days
CATHEDRAL A NEW ICE AGE LP UK MINT SEALED US $44.99 Buy It Now 13 days
JOHN HIATT WARMING UP THE ICE AGE US $7.00 Buy It Now 13 days
ICE AGE - LIBERATION (New & Unplayed) Metal Rock CD US $3.34 Buy It Now 13 days
Ice Age - Liberation (SEALED NEW CD 2001) US $3.34 Buy It Now 13 days
HOLLYWOOD STUDIO SYM - ICE AGE 3: DIE DINOSAURIER SIND LOS - NEW CD US $30.89 Buy It Now 13 days
GLEAMING SPIRES Welcoming A New Ice Age LP SEALED RARE US $19.98 Buy It Now 13 days
SPYS - Don't Run My Life/Ice Age US $8.00 Buy It Now 13 days
NEW - Fever in the Ice Age US $11.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Ice Age: Continental Drift, New Music US $21.84 Buy It Now 14 days
JOHN HIATT - WARMING UP TO THE ICE AGE (GHS24055) VG/VG++ cond. great artist! US $3.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Ice Age: Continental Drift US $26.32 Buy It Now 14 days
JOHN HIATT - WARMING UP TO THE ICE AGE [REMASTERED] - NEW CD US $39.52 Buy It Now 14 days
Ice Age - Score - 2002 - David Newman-Soundtrack CD US $46.40 Buy It Now 14 days

More places to buy ICE AGE music online Buy ICE AGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ICE AGE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ICE AGE The Great Divide ratings distribution

ICE AGE The Great Divide reviews

Review by lucas
5 stars An excellent debut album by this dynamic group in the vein of DT. The vocalist Josh Pincus has an expressive and theatrical voice similar to Michael Sadler, of Saga fame. The music is pure prog-metal and some reviewers say that the drummer Hal Aponte sounds like Neil Peart in 2112. Very enjoyable stuff for everyone who likes their prog music with a touch of metal.

Send comments to lucas (BETA) | Report this review (#25364) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 07, 2004

Review by Greger
4 stars The US band ICE AGE was founded in 1993. This is their promising debut album. ICE AGE is impressive musicians and the music contains heavy riffing, great memorable melodies and a lot of complexity. Their music is somewhere between very heavy melodic progressive rock and progressive metal with many changing time signatures and great arrangements. Their influences are BLACK SABBATH, DEEP PURPLE, KANSAS, PINK FLOYD, RUSH and YES. They're also sometimes reminiscent to EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER, JOURNEY and QUEENSRYCHE, but most of all do they remind of DREAM THEATER ca. "Awake". The vocalist Josh Pincus is somewhat reminiscent to Steve Walsh of KANSAS, but only a little. He's very skilled and has a powerful voice, but it's quite unusual, but after a while you'll get used to him. The guitarist Jimmy Pappas is very good and the rhythm section is excellent. Jimmy is actually one of the better guitarists I've heard in the prog metal genre. The highlights are "Perpetual Child", "Sleepwalker", the instrumental "Spare Chicken Parts" that contains a very good drum solo, "The Bottom Line", my favorite "Ice Age" that is over 11 minutes, "One Look Away" and "To Say Goodbye". It's actually the two instrumentals that are the best tracks. A good thing about the songs is the catchy and memorable choruses. The guitarist Jimmy Pappas designed the beautiful cover image. It would surely be nice to hear what they can achieve with their next album. Considering that this is a debut album it's very convincing. I'm sure that ICE AGE has a very bright future, but it's with a slight hesitation I give this CD a four star rating (out of 5). But after all this is an outstanding album that probably will end up as one of the highlights of prog metal in 1999, so buy and enjoy!

Send comments to Greger (BETA) | Report this review (#25365) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 27, 2004

Review by Gatot
4 stars I bought this CD last month because of the review provided by Progarchives. I find no regret at all having this album in my prog collection. Thanks, reviewer! I intentionally did not write the review right after listening to this album just to "pre-empt" my mind with previous review so that what I write here is purely what I experience, what I feel and what I think about the album. Typically, I never read others until I post mine. Just to give an independent opinion. People are different ..

This album is an excellent debut album in the vein of progmet music (the kind of DREAM THEATER, SYMPHONY X). For those of you who like this kind of music, this album is a MUST have. "Perpetual Child" opens the album with heavy guitar riffs with stunning keyboard sound. I think the keyboard that accentuates the song, while the guitar plays the background riffs at intro. The short guitar solo just before vocal enters is fascinating. When vocal enters, it's definitely DT stuff especially on the way drum is played and singing style, even though the voice is different with LaBrie. I think the voice of its lead singer is sort of STYX vocalist, Dennis de Young (?) with more of high tone voice. The overall track is keyboard-based. Great composition!

"Sleepwalker" is another good track with great guitar and drumming; good variety of melodies and riffs. "Spare Chicken Parts" is an excellent instrumental piece with stunning lead guitar and riffs played harmoniously with keyboard. This track reminds me to RUSH' "Yyz" with much more varieties in melody. The drum solo in the middle of the song reminds me to NEIL PEART. The keyboard solo that follows is really wonderful. Interesting composition. Absolutely, this track is a masterpiece! I even advise you to spin track 4 first before you enjoy other tracks.

"Because of You" indicates the effort to escape from typical prog met music. So, this track is just straight rock with sometime the band puts sort of metal flavor at the end of the track. "The Bottom Line" is opened with soft keyboard sound and great riffs when the music enters. "Ice Age" is the song that I expect would represent the band's "theme". It starts with soft keyboard sound followed with guitar "fills" and vocals. It's not as excellent as I expect, the music flows so flat with not much dynamic. "To Say Goodbye Part I & II" are much more dynamic: speedy lead guitar and keyboard (and excellent combined sounds between the two) with high and low points, good melody and great piano. I personally love these tracks. These two tracks are well positioned to conclude this album.

Overall, this album is excellent: tight composition, great musicianship (especially guitar, keyboard and drum) and excellent performance. The only thing lacking is the production quality: the volume control is too high and there are some distorted sounds due to this high volume. Mixing on some segments are also lacking. However, this album is RECOMMENDED. Gatot Widayanto, Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#25367) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 26, 2004

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Holy Moly what a dynamic band and what a singer

This is the debut album by this american prog/metal band, and what a debut, not very often you listen to an album like this one. Instrumentally this band kick every one's ass, unbeliveble what the drumer can do with the instrument, not to mention the guitarist witch is among the best i ever hered from prog/metal genre, Jimmy Pappas, the guitarist, has some great chops and a large variety of styles, the vocal parts are sometimes theatrical in the same style of what did Sadler in Saga, and maybe not everyone like him because he has a unique voice and a bassy sound. Absolute every track is mindblowing, the instrumental Spare chicken shows the talent of this band. Nothing to add just get it, a must of any collection.

I'd recommend this to anyone who want's to listen prog-metal at the highest level. 4 stars for sure

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#127089) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 29, 2007

Review by progrules
5 stars I don't remember why I bought this album a few years ago, it must have been a guess. I never heard of Ice Age before and when I see right now how few people who visit progarchives know this band up till now it's actually a shame, or should I say a pity. There must be something wrong with their promotion activities because we are talking about a tremendous band here that deserves much more attention and fans. Fortunately there is progarchives where you can give your opinion especially for these kind of bands who are extremely good but have not managed to get the reputation they deserve. With this band I have the impression that despite the (justifiably) high valued reviews they get it doesn't lead to more name and fame and more reviews of progarchives visitors. Incomprehensible and unfair I have to say. About the album: this is of the highest standard and then I'm talking about the general standard and about the idividual songs.

This is what I am looking for when I want good prog metal. We all (or almost all) know DREAM THEATER of course and that's a very good standard for prog metal, I am a big fan myself. But I can tell you, though this band is not a copy of DT, it's a different kind of prog metal but it's hardly less in quality !! The songs are great, very good compositions with lots of opportunity for the great Jimmy Pappas to show his talent. There are some longer songs and I love longer songs, they are usually the better songs on progalbums; this is no different on this album. Perpatual child and Ice Age are the absolute highlights of this masterpiece. But what's maybe the most delightful thing about this album: the rest is hardly any less.

I had to stand up for this band because they deserve it. I don't urge people to go to the store and buy a certain album. If they don't it's their loss. In this case they are missing out on a masterpiece !

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#144746) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 15, 2007

3 stars I'm one of the select few who feels that their second album "Liberation" is as good as this their debut. Again the playing ability of this band is extremely high, it's the vocals that still bother me when he really lets go. He is a theatrical singer with a great range, just not my cup of tea, although songs like "Because Of You" and One Look Away" where he sings normally, I like a lot. The cover art is fantastic ! The length of this album at almost 75 minutes begs the question : Why ?

"Perpetual Child" opens heavily with drums and bass before synths arrive. Scorching guitar 1 1/2 minutes in, and vocals a minute later as the song calms down. It does pick back up with aggressive vocals. I lke the guitar 7 1/2 minutes in. "Sleepwalker" features those abrasive vocals i'm not a fan of. The guitar melodies are relentless with a ripping solo before 3 minutes. "Join" has a more uplifting sound with vocal melodies. This is contrasted with the more passionate vocals with a fuller sound. I like the mellow passages better. "Spare Chicken Parts" is an instrumental and my second favourite song. It opens with a few words (clucks) from a chicken. This one is all over the place including a drum solo. Quite the display though. "Because Of You" is another fav of mine. It's a bright, catchy tune with the guitar grinding away.

"The Bottom Line" has some impressive guitar 2 1/2 & 4 minutes in. Not a fan of this one though. "Ice Age" opens with spacey sounds, and once it gets going there are lots of synths and drums with tempo shifts a plenty. "One Look Away" is my favourite song, a cool, mellow track with synths and piano. Tasteful guitar 2 minutes in. Check out the guitar that goes on and on after 4 minutes. This is such an uplifting song and the lyrics are a must read. "Miles To Go" opens with some great guitar. A synth solo before 1 1/2 minutes. I like the sound a minute later when it calms down. More great guitar 4 minutes in. "To Say Goodbye" is divided into 2 parts. Part 1 "Worthless Words" is a rocking instrumental that opens with some fast paced piano melodies. Part 2 "On Our Way" has some good crunch to it, although the climate changes often. Good song.

3.5 stars. It's hard not to be impressed with this band and this recording. Well done !

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#154805) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 08, 2007

4 stars ICE AGE's: THE GREAT DIVIDE IS A QUALITY ALBUM, BUT IT DOESN'T STRAY AWAY FROM TYPICAL 90's SOUNDING PROGRESSIVE METAL. ' On all accounts I shall say that ICE AGE, released a very solid album in vain of the true progressive metal spirit and that of the 90's retro classic character to their mu ... (read more)

Report this review (#972476) | Posted by progbethyname | Friday, June 07, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is a great album! 4 stars out of 5. While it's not a super landmark, it's still extremely enjoyable. This band is very promising, seeing such an incredibly diversity on their debut album. Ice Age has a wide range of influences, but it also combines it with completely original sound that I ... (read more)

Report this review (#206992) | Posted by HammerOfPink | Saturday, March 14, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I decided to take a chance on this album/band and found myself surprisingly rewarded for my cash investment. This is very high quality prog-metal with more emphasis on the prog part than most other bands in this genre. That isn't to say they can't bring the heavy when they need to because th ... (read more)

Report this review (#64578) | Posted by dltonya | Friday, January 13, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Perhaps some of you will have a bit of trouble getting used to the singer, but this is one hell of a great album! The production could have been better, but it must've been a debut-budget...The songs however, are totally brilliant. Perpetual child is one of the best sympho-metal tracks I have ever h ... (read more)

Report this review (#25361) | Posted by Ocelotl | Thursday, November 13, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ICE AGE "The Great Divide"