Mario Millo

Mario Millo Jon English & Mario Millo: Against The Wind original soundtrack album cover

from partners
Studio Album, released in 1978

1. Against The Wind (Theme) (2:32)
2. Seeds Of Fire (Sentencing And Transportation) (5:59)
3. Unfinished Theme (Rum For Dignity) (3:01)
4. Six Ribbons (The Courtship) (2:04)
5. Mary's Theme (4:00)
6. The March Of The Kings Of Laois (3:51)
7. Waltz Theme (The Women Are Chosen) (5:21)
8. Six Ribbons (3:11)
9. Danny & Ngilgi (2:12)
10. Main Theme Major (The Wedding) (3:17)
11. Death Or Liberty (The Castle Hill Rebellion And Consequences) (8:26)

Search MARIO MILLO Jon English & Mario Millo: Against The Wind original soundtrack lyrics

Search MARIO MILLO Jon English & Mario Millo: Against The Wind original soundtrack tabs

- Jon English / vocals
- Stewart Chapman / additional musician
- Eric Cook / strings arranged and conducted

Polydor 2907 048

Thanks to sl75 for the addition

MARIO MILLO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MARIO MILLO Jon English & Mario Millo: Against The Wind original soundtrack Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Epic 3Epic 3
Belle Antique 2012
Lighthorsemen,The Original Soundtrack RecordingLighthorsemen,The Original Soundtrack Recording
Dragon's Domain 2016
Lighthorsemen,The Original Soundtrack Recording by Mario MilloLighthorsemen,The Original Soundtrack Recording by Mario Millo
Dragon's Domain
Epic III by Mario Millo (2000-02-23)Epic III by Mario Millo (2000-02-23)
Epic III +1 by Mario MilloEpic III +1 by Mario Millo
Oceans Of The Mind (French Import) by Mario Millo (2002-09-16)Oceans Of The Mind (French Import) by Mario Millo (2002-09-16)
Red Moon Music
Human GamesHuman Games
Belle Antique 2012

More places to buy MARIO MILLO music online Buy MARIO MILLO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MARIO MILLO Jon English & Mario Millo: Against The Wind original soundtrack ratings distribution

MARIO MILLO Jon English & Mario Millo: Against The Wind original soundtrack reviews

Review by Matti
4 stars Well, first I have to confess that my relationship to this LP is very intimately personal: it was being played in a candle-lit room when I entered the world of romance, first kisses and all that. And naturally the music would still raise warm memories, preventing me to judge it with absolute objectivity, but I do my best. Actually the bigger problem is that I haven't heard it completely for a couple of decades (sadly I haven't seen it on CD anywhere). The background of this music's reception goes further, as the TV series was seen in Finland sometimes in my early teens. Hopefully it will reappear one fine day, because I believe it was a good one. It's about people who struggle their lives in Australia, where criminals and other misfortunate people were sent by the British goverment in the Empire days. It stars Jon English who sings on this soundtrack.

Many will remember the love song 'Six Ribbons'. It's a very beautiful, folkish ballad. It is sung in two different versions and also its melody is recycled here and there in the instrumental pieces. The rest of the album, as far as I remember, is instrumental, composed by Mario Millo, Australia's most important prog figure in the 70's, I presume? It is mainly orchestrated as film music usually is, but not just that. Acoustic guitars, flute and synths are present, maybe some folky instruments as well (I really should hear it again...). Anyway, I remember taping the whole - at least nearly all - album and thinking it was surprisingly good on its own, without the TV series (or love life, ha ha!). On that ground I can rate it 3,5 stars.

Of course it can be pointed out that it's not a prog album even if it's here, but hardly anyone expects it to be. It's a good soundtrack album, way better that the large majority of soundtracks. There's both warm emotion and intensive drama - and maybe the long ending number 'Death Or Liberty' did get quite progressive too! 'Waltz Theme (The Women Are Chosen)' is really charming. Recommended to listeners of film music and delicate, pastoral instrumental music - if you can find it.

3 stars Like most soundtrack music, this is designed as background, and as such makes few demands on the listener - Millo and English for the most part keep the music simple and unobtrusive. Jon English (who also starred in the mini-series) composed the title theme, in obvious pastiche of a traditional ... (read more)

Report this review (#845926) | Posted by sl75 | Saturday, October 27, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MARIO MILLO "Jon English & Mario Millo: Against The Wind original soundtrack"