MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE

Hawkwind Masters of the Universe album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy HAWKWIND Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1977

1. Master of the universe (6:19)
2. Brainstorm (10:45)
3. Sonic attack (3:00)
4. Orgone accumulator (10:01)
5. It's so easy (5:21)
6. Lost Johnny (3:28)

Search HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe lyrics

Search HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe tabs

- Dave Anderson / bass, guitars (1)
- Dave Brock / lead vocals, guitars, synthesizers
- Del Dettmar / synthesizers
- Dik Mik / audio generator & electronics (1 to 5)
- Simon House / keyboards (6)
- Lemmy Kilminster / bass, vocals, guitars (2 to 6)
- Simon King / drums, percussion (2 to 6)
- Terry Ollis / drums, percussion (1)
- Nik turner / sax, flute, vocals

LP United Artists UAG 30025 (1977)

LP/CD Harvest / Fame FA 3220 (1989)

and to NotAProghead for the last updates

HAWKWIND MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe Music

Warrior On The Edge Of Time - Expanded EditionWarrior On The Edge Of Time - Expanded Edition
Cleopatra 2013
EMI Import 2011
Warrior on the Edge of TimeWarrior on the Edge of Time
Cleopatra 2013
HAWKWIND - HAWKWIND (180GM) NEW VINYL US $26.79 Buy It Now 1h 57m
PICKMAN'S MODEL phobos USA CASSETTE stoner metal LIMITED #6/50 COPIES hawkwind US $7.00 Buy It Now 2h
HAWKWIND - ELECTRIC TEPEE (REISSUE) NEW CD US $32.69 Buy It Now 2h 5m
HAWKWIND - CHURCH OF HAWKWIND NEW CD US $32.69 Buy It Now 2h 7m
HAWKWIND - ALIEN 4 NEW CD US $32.69 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Hawkwind Quark Strangeness And Charm Record LP Psych VG++ Autographed W/Inner US $12.75 Buy It Now 2h 10m
HAWKWIND - QUARK STRANGENESS & CHARM - QUARK STRANGENESS & CHARM - BONUS NEW CD US $40.09 Buy It Now 2h 26m
PICKMAN'S MODEL deimos USA CASSETTE stoner metal LIMITED #6/50 COPIES hawkwind US $7.00 Buy It Now 2h 29m
Hawkwind HALL OF THE MOUNTAIN GRILL 180g HQ AUDIOPHILE New Sealed VINYL 2 LP US $31.50 [0 bids]
HAWKWIND - SPACEHAWKS (LTD) (COLOURED) (180GM) NEW VINYL US $43.77 Buy It Now 2h 48m
HAWKWIND - LIVE SONIC ATTACK NEW CD US $24.55 Buy It Now 2h 53m
HAWKWIND - CHURCH OF HAWKWIND (UK) NEW VINYL US $56.58 Buy It Now 2h 55m
HAWKWIND - ASTOUNDING SOUNDS AMAZING MUSIC - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $32.69 Buy It Now 3h 5m
HAWKWIND - SILVER MACHINE LIVE PICTURE DISC 7" SINGLE - LEMMY US $18.01 Buy It Now 3h 8m
HAWKWIND**HAWKWIND (180 GRAM/GATEFOLD)**VINYL US $22.50 Buy It Now 3h 14m
HAWKWIND SHOT DOWN IN THE NIGHT SEALED US $29.99 [0 bids]
Roadhawks Hawkwind vinyl LP album record UK UAK29919 UNITED ARTISTS 1976 US $30.73 Buy It Now 4h 49m
LEDGE OF DARKNESS(Graphic novel) HAWKWIND 3rd vol/Hawklords & Deliria Plus BONUS US $35.00 Buy It Now 5h 25m
Hawkwind - The Collection (CD 2006) US $7.28 Buy It Now 5h 32m
HAWKWIND 2 Books: Volumes 1 & 2 "Time of Hawklords" and "Queens of Deliria" US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 39m
HAWKWIND**ASTOUNDING SOUNDS, AMAZING MUSIC**CD US $14.50 Buy It Now 6h 45m
Hawkwind - The Friday Rock Show Sessions (CD) US $36.49 Buy It Now 8h 24m
Prog Rock Vinyl LP Floyd Syd Hawkwind Tull Deep Purple US $119.99 Buy It Now 8h 28m
Only one available - HAWKWIND -Double Platinum Disc & Cover -SPACE RITUAL ALIVE US $356.79 Buy It Now 8h 31m
Hawkwind - Pxr5 CD US $18.33 Buy It Now 8h 58m
TRASH The ROOTS Of PUNK Mojo IGGY POP T.Rex NEW YORK DOLLS Hawkwind, Can, Jook US $6.59 [0 bids]
ROBERT CALVERT Captain Lockheed UK 180g grey vinyl 2LP SEALED/NEW Hawkwind US $24.31 Buy It Now 10h 25m
HAWKWIND - LIVE '79 [BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD US $14.68 Buy It Now 10h 44m
HAWKWIND - ROADHAWKS - UA UK 1973 N.MINT ORIGINAL US $32.44 Buy It Now 11h 27m
HAWKWIND in search of space UAG 29202 A1U/B1U 1st press no log book LP PS VG/VG+ US $33.55 Buy It Now 11h 34m
ROBERT CALVERT (OF HAWKWIND) freq SHARP 021 A1/B1 1st press uk LP PS EX/EX US $20.22 Buy It Now 11h 38m
AIR GUITAR ANTHEMS,DEEP PURPLE,SAXON,ELO/HAWKWIND/STRANGLERS,RARE OOP CD ALBUM US $1.61 [0 bids]
Hawkwind Self-titled ( 2 x 180g Black Vinyl) New & Sealed US $34.04 Buy It Now 13h
HAWKWIND BEST OF FRIENDS AND RELATIONS sealed cd motorhead prog punk rock US $4.99 [0 bids]
OHEAD CD (NEW) PORCUPINE TREE,OZRIC TENTACLES,HAWKWIND,PSYCH FREE UK POSTAGE US $10.54 Buy It Now 14h 2m
Stonehenge 1984 Live CD+DVD NEW SEALED Hawkwind/Roy Harper/Here US $12.96 Buy It Now 14h 12m
HAWKWIND Electric Tepee cd US $5.00 [0 bids]
HAWKWIND "family tree1969 to1979 " from Group x /Hawkwind Zoo/ "HAWKWIND" US $16.14 Buy It Now 15h 18m
HAWKWIND "ROADHAWKS" ALBUM ADVERT FROM 1976 UNITED ARTISTES INC. SILVER MACHINE US $16.14 Buy It Now 15h 18m
Hawkwind - Doremi Fasol Latido, United Artists UAG29364 Vinyl A2/B2 Porky Pecko US $27.55 Buy It Now 15h 48m
Hawkwind - Early Daze LP US $21.08 Buy It Now 16h 9m
EX/EX- !! Hawkwind/Angels Of Death/1981 RCA 7" Single US $8.09 Buy It Now 16h 25m
Hawkwind - Electric Tepee - ATOMCD1008 US $18.28 Buy It Now 16h 53m
HAWKWIND Hall Of The Mountain Grill US UNITED ARTISTS NM LP US $19.99 [1 bids]
Hawkwind Picture Disc LP US $20.00 [0 bids]
17h
Hawkwind - Church Of Hawkwind [CD New] US $17.00 Buy It Now 17h 5m
HAWKWIND IN SEARCH OF SPACE CD CHEAP REMASTERED US $9.71 Buy It Now 17h 21m
1972 HAWKWIND 45RPM 'SILVER MACHINE/SEVEN BY SEVEN' VINYL SINGLE (UP35381) NMC US $1.61 [0 bids]
Hawkwind - The Entire And Infinite Universe Of Hawkwind 4CD BOXSET SEALED Gong US $13.50 [10 bids]
The Heads -Relaxing With... CD RARE OOP/Hawkwind/Psychedelic Rock/Gnod/ US $8.11 [1 bids]
Gong - Live 2 Infinitea CD SEALED Space Rock Hawkwind US $3.99 [1 bids]
Various - Hawkwind - Strange Daze '97 (Live) (2009) 2CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $12.10 Buy It Now 18h 45m
HAWKWIND SHOT DOWN IN THE NIGHT / URBAN GUERILLA bronze 98 US $10.54 Buy It Now 18h 48m
Sam Gopal Escalator Hard Psych 1989 TNT French Press RE Lemmy Pre Hawkwind US $24.50 [10 bids]
7 INCH SINGLE HAWKWIND SILVER MACHINE JAPAN US $8.09 [1 bids]
HAWKWIND - TEXT OF A FESTIVAL NEW VINYL US $37.99 Buy It Now 19h 24m
Gong - Zero To Infinity NEW CD SPACE ROCK Hawkwind Ozric Tentacles Drum Circus US $3.99 [1 bids]
HAWKWIND ROADHAWKS fame UK gatefold Lp ex+ US $13.77 Buy It Now 19h 29m
Hawkwind - IN SEARCH OF SPACE - US Signed Metal Prog You Shouldn't Do That LP US $224.99 Buy It Now 19h 43m
Hawkwind : Levitation CD (1992) US $10.00 Buy It Now 19h 54m
Hawkwind - British Tribal Music CD - STFCD 2 US $32.42 [0 bids]
Hawkwind -Mighty Hawkwind Classics(80-85) 2LP Pre-order Release 10/14/14 Limited US $50.00 Buy It Now 20h 8m
HAWKWIND RECORD STORE DAY RSD 2013 VINYL 45 W/PC URBAN GUERILLA US $14.58 Buy It Now 20h 38m
Hawkwind - Hall of the mountain grill original lp ex First press Ex US $12.96 [0 bids]
Astounding Sounds Amazing Music - Hawkwind US $12.99 Buy It Now 20h 57m
HAWKWIND - Doremi Fasol Latido - LP 1-st UK ex- US $25.00 [0 bids]
Kryptasthesie - Inner Whirl - CD spacerock psych hawkwind delerium records US $4.85 [1 bids]
CD-The Best of Progressive Rock -HAWKWIND/NICE/COLOSSEUM/U.HEEP ETC. US $9.99 [0 bids]
HAWKWIND "Silver Machine/Seven By Seven" 7" (UK Press) EX Lemmy Motorhead Brock US $18.14 [0 bids]
Hawkwind - Onward [Vinyl New] US $29.81 Buy It Now 22h 30m
HAWKWIND Doremi Fasol Latido UNITED ARTISTS 1972 original pressing NEAR MINT OOP US $95.99 Buy It Now 22h 37m
Vetiver Thing Of The Past Vinyl LP Record & MP3 Loudon Wainwright III/Hawkwind ! US $17.69 Buy It Now 23h 2m
SPACE ROCK INVASION -Live at The Key Club DVD - NekTar,BrainTicket,HawkWind(Huw) US $14.99 Buy It Now 23h 43m
HAWKWIND - Kerb Crawler/Honky Dorky - Very Rare MONSTER heavy punk psych! US $19.99 [0 bids]
HAWKWIND - Silver Machine/Seven By Seven - Heavy psych masterpiece! US $19.99 [0 bids]
Hawkwind : Legends Collection (2CDs) (2002) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Hawkwind- In the Beginning (CD-1994 Charly) ~U.K. Import ~Psychedelic Rock ~OOP US $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Hawkwind : Road Hawks Vinyl VG+ LP Record US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Hawkwind - Self titled LP orig. Still Sealed (United Artists, 1971) US $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Hawkwind Doremi Fasol Latido LP UA LA001 w original inner sleeve art US $10.00 [1 bids]
HAWKWIND RARE TRIBUTE ASSASSINS OF SILENCE 100 WATT VIOLENCE 2 LP MONOSHOCK '95! US $230.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Robert Calvert-Captain Locheed UK prog cd Hawkwind US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NIK TURNER LP UK Sphynx Xitintoday Charisma CDS4011 1978 hawkwind w/book RARE!! US $99.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CD VARIOUS ARTISTS - IN SEARCH OF SYD HAWKWIND SOFT MACHINE MOTHERS OF INVENTION US $7.50 [0 bids]
Hawkwind SELF TITLED Debut Album +4 Bonus Songs GATEFOLD 180g NEW VINYL 2 LP US $29.99 [0 bids]
Lloyd Langton Group - Time Space and LLG - 1989 GWR Rec. - SEALED - Hawkwind US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Hawkwind - Urban Guerilla (NEW 7" VINYL) 2013 RSD US $12.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Welcome to the Future by Hawkwind/2 cd plus dvd box set/new US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
FREEWHEELIN' - 5 x DISC CD ALBUM ( VARIOUS - READER'S DIGEST ) HAWKWIND, JAGS. US $10.54 [0 bids]
Alien 4 by Hawkwind (CD, Feb-2010, Atomhenge) US $16.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Hawkwind - Astounding Sounds Amazing Music Bonus Tracks CD US $28.70 Buy It Now 1 day
Hawkwind - Alien 4 CD US $27.94 Buy It Now 1 day
Hawkwind - The Best Of Friends And Relations Cd Brand New & Factory Sealed US $9.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Hawkwind Silver Machine/Seven by Seven 70s scarce US stock copy on UA US $3.95 [1 bids]
Bring Me the Head of Yuri Gagarin by Hawkwind (CD, 2008, Abstract) US $0.99 [0 bids]
HAWKWIND LP Hall Of the Mountain Grill 1974 United Artists spacerock psych US $8.00 [0 bids]
Hawkwind Knights Of Space shrink wrapped new special edition 2 CD set US $3.99 [0 bids]
Hawkwind - In Search Of Space UAG 29202 UK 1971 vinyl 12" LP A-1U/B-2U 1st press US $32.42 Buy It Now 1 day
HAWKWIND Debut LP Australian 1974 1st Press NonGatefold US $53.71 Buy It Now 1 day
HAWKWIND Roadhawks LP US $12.97 [0 bids]

More places to buy HAWKWIND music online Buy HAWKWIND & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HAWKWIND DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe ratings distribution

HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe reviews

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
2 stars I bought this compilation when the band's discography was still unknown to me, and I must admit that I see this as quite useless album. Few picks from their "Space Ritual" double live album, and Lemmy's proto-MOTÖRHEAD song from "The Hall of The Mountain Grill". I would like to see a HAWKWIND compilation with some essential tracks around... But I guess I'll never manage to do that!

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#25662) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 01, 2005

Review by Trotsky
3 stars A piecemeal compilation this, comprising tracks from the 1971-1974 period. As such it does a far more thorough job of summing one period of Hawkwind's music than the other compilation I own, Epocheclipse: The Ultimate Best Of, which tries to condense nearly 30 years of music into 18 tracks, and ends up pleasing nobody. Even though I'm not fond of the performances of some of these songs on the Space Ritual album, I do enjoy this presentation of the studio versions of Master Of The Universe, Brainstorm and the oh-so- insistent Orgone Accumulator.

The subtle, sweeping sound affects that colour the pieces here (and got lost on Space Ritual) make Masters Of The Universe a worthwhile introduction to the more improvisation- orientated side of Hawkwind, although I'd still recommend heading directly to the superior Hall of The Mountain Grill or Warrior On The Edge Of Time albums. I could do without the Robert Calvert poetic rants (although I do admit that this one, Sonic Attack is the very best of them) while It's So Easy is an atypical song that takes a dreamy start and turns into a borderline glam-rock tune, albeit one with a psych guitar-freak out stuck in the middle! To round things off, we have Lost Johnny, a driving biker anthem that is bassist Lemmy Kilminster's finest moment.

This 40 minute trip works quite well, and made me realise that with Hawkwind, the dosage is of particular importance. Too much of the good thing turns me off, but I'm always tuned in to this. ... 52% on the MPV scale

Send comments to Trotsky (BETA) | Report this review (#44634) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 28, 2005

Review by loserboy
3 stars So I will admit right up front that Hawkwind were not and are still not my favourite band but my good friend Bob Turnbull has gotten me more and more into this band's music and being a sucker for good albums I picked up "Masters of The Universe" ! This is a pretty cool album and manages to really draw up that old space-prog rock senses with tracks like the 10 Mins Orgone Accumulator and the 11 Mins Brainstorm epic numbers. This was I guess the most interesting version of hawkwind with Nik Turner, Dave Brock, Mr Kilminster, Bob Calvert and Mick Farren . Musically this album showcases the spaced out contributions of heavy bass, drum and keyboard trio with wild vocals and assorted musical instruments. The album runs like a wild nightmare!

Send comments to loserboy (BETA) | Report this review (#85741) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 04, 2006

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars A compilation for those who are not initiated into the Hawkwind universe.

I am a serious Hawkwind fan and love most of their early works and some later albums. I am especially fond of 'Space Ritual' and 'In search of Space, 'Doremi Fasol Latido' and 'Hall of the Mountain Grill' among others such as the first album. So I was eager to pick up this CD to see what some of the tracks I had heard live are like as studio versions.

The vinyl may have been one of the best compilations in the late 70s of the band, but the CD does not warn that it is a compilation in any way! It does not warn that two of the tracks are live and directly taken from 'Space Ritual'. So instead of getting new tracks to add to the collection I was inundated with the same stuff I already have. Any Hawkwind fan would no doubt have the aforementioned albums as they are the classics that launched this incredible band. So the CD is absolutely worthless to the Hawkwind addict. Though it has a nice cover so if you see it in the $1 Bin - get it! There are no other pictures to redeem it either. It doesnt even have a booklet.

Let's see what the CD offers shall we?

1. Master of the universe - an excellent track, OK! - But its on every compilation as well as many CDs as a bonus track so that is not worth buying this CD.

2. Brainstorm - Terrific track but once again on many compilations and easy to obtain.

3. Sonic attack - ho hum - its the same as 'Space Ritual'.

4. Orgone accumulator - brilliant track - my favourite Hawkwind track of all time and the reason I bought this album.... BUT - its the same as 'Space Ritual'. There was no warning on the sleeve that this was a live version so I was bitterly disappointed. Did they record this as a studio version? 5. It's so easy - this is on the classic albums and not much of a track really.

6. Lost Johnny - Great track BUT its on 'Hall of Mountain Grill'.

So if you are after a Hawkwind compilation get 'EpochEclipse' or 'Psychedelic Warlords' instead.

I wasted my money and I was furious so I took it back to the CD seller who actually let me buy a different CD to replace this one (thanks JB).

If not, I would have been using this CD as an expensive coffee coaster.

This is definitely for the Hawkwind newbie. I would suggest though to ditch this, and get the first 6 albums, "Chronicle of the Black Sword" "Space Ritual" and the latest release "Blood of the Earth" instead. That is really the best of Hawkwind!

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#178982) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 06, 2008

3 stars "Masters of the Universe" is just one of many compilations created to capture the Hawkwind sound. While the compilation is not accurate as a portrait of the band's early period, it does capture the dark and heavy dimension of their sound. The main reasons to buy this compilation would be to in ... (read more)

Report this review (#992201) | Posted by The Mystical | Friday, July 05, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The most cohesive introduction to Hawkwind's United Artists years from 1971-74 for the money when it was released on vinyl in 1977. This compilation with it's freaked out cover of a wizard and his apprentice contemplating a mystical kingdom was also released on CD in '89 and was one of the few Hawkw ... (read more)

Report this review (#400521) | Posted by Vibrationbaby | Monday, February 14, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is the Album which began my seemingly endless meandering into the Space-Rock of the mighty Hawks.Hence the 4 stars...it's personal (-.o) I backtracked from this excellent compilation, then worked my way forwards (in terms of purchasing albums). Hawkwind are by no means techinically superb ... (read more)

Report this review (#25661) | Posted by NyghtOwl | Tuesday, June 08, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HAWKWIND "Masters of the Universe"