MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE

Hawkwind Masters of the Universe album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy HAWKWIND Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1977

1. Master of the universe (6:19)
2. Brainstorm (10:45)
3. Sonic attack (3:00)
4. Orgone accumulator (10:01)
5. It's so easy (5:21)
6. Lost Johnny (3:28)

Search HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe lyrics

Search HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe tabs

- Dave Anderson / bass, guitars (1)
- Dave Brock / lead vocals, guitars, synthesizers
- Del Dettmar / synthesizers
- Dik Mik / audio generator & electronics (1 to 5)
- Simon House / keyboards (6)
- Lemmy Kilminster / bass, vocals, guitars (2 to 6)
- Simon King / drums, percussion (2 to 6)
- Terry Ollis / drums, percussion (1)
- Nik turner / sax, flute, vocals

LP United Artists UAG 30025 (1977)

LP/CD Harvest / Fame FA 3220 (1989)

and to NotAProghead for the last updates

HAWKWIND MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe Music

Hall of the Mountain GrillHall of the Mountain Grill
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Emd Int'l 2001
Warrior On The Edge Of Time - Expanded EditionWarrior On The Edge Of Time - Expanded Edition
Cleopatra 2013
Doremi Fasol LatidoDoremi Fasol Latido
Masters of the UniverseMasters of the Universe
EMI Gold Imports 1989
HAWKWIND: Repeat Performance LP (UK) Rock & Pop US $18.00 Buy It Now 56m 25s
HAWKWIND HAWKLORDS 12' SINGLE ENGLISH IMPORT RECORD US $19.99 Buy It Now 59m 55s
HAWKWIND - Choose Your Masques *IMPORT* US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Mighty Hawkwind Classics (1980-1985) - Hawkwind BRAND NEW CD (1995, Griffin) US $23.75 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Praise Space Electric 2 Leaving Demons CD spacerock delerium records hawkwind US $4.96 [1 bids]
Magic Muscle Laughs and Thrills CD spacerock psych hawkwind live 1972 US $4.96 [1 bids]
HAWKWIND Space Ritual Original 1973 2LP Vinyl Record w/ Fold-Open Jacket US $60.00 Buy It Now 2h
HAWKWIND BEATLES JOHN LENNON ELO RARE OZ CASSETTE TAPE! US $27.03 Buy It Now 2h 46m
HAWKWIND - ANGELS OF DEATH 7" VINYL PS US $9.93 Buy It Now 3h 27m
HAWKWIND - SHOT DOWN IN THE NIGHT 7" VINYL US $6.61 Buy It Now 3h 27m
HAWKWIND - SILVER MACHINE 7" VINYL US $6.61 Buy It Now 3h 27m
HAWKWIND - URBAN GUERRILLA 7" VINYL US $8.27 Buy It Now 3h 27m
Hawkwind 1971 In Search of Space - Original Liberty sound recordings [used CD] US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Bring Me the Head of Yuri Gagarin by Hawkwind (CD, 2008, Abstract) US $2.97 Buy It Now 4h 4m
Hawkwind - 180 Gram Reissue On 4 Men With Beards US $9.99 [0 bids]
MUDHONEY / MUGSTAR SPLIT 7" hawkwind motorhead wooden shjips white hills Kinski US $5.99 [1 bids]
WHITE HILLS / ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE SPLIT 7" hawkwind motorhead wooden shjips gnod US $7.16 [2 bids]
BARDO POND / KINSKI SPLIT 7" hawkwind motorhead white Hills acid Mothers temple US $6.99 [2 bids]
HAWKWIND Motorhead AVM 1989 LP Night of the HAWK NICE .super record. US $22.22 Buy It Now 5h 59m
LIGHT BRIGHT HIGHWAY LP RARE OOP HTF 1998 HAWKWIND MANY BRIGHT THINGS WHITE WAX US $20.00 [0 bids]
Doremi Fasol Latido [Bonus Tracks] [Remaster] by Hawkwind (CD, Aug-2001, Emi) US $10.00 [0 bids]
THE BRAIN - ACCESS AND AMPLIFY (CD) 1996 CLEOPATRA HAWKWIND / NIK TURNER US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 59m
THE ANUBIAN LIGHTS - NAZ BAR (CD ) 2001 CRIPPLED DICK HAWKWIND IMPORT US $12.99 Buy It Now 7h
HAWKWIND - THE AMBIENT ANARCHISTS (2 CD SET) IMPORT PROGRESSIVE ROCK US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h
HAWKWIND Space Bandits 1990 Audio Cassette RoadRacer Records RRC 9347 US $5.00 Buy It Now 7h 11m
^ HAWKWIND quark, strangeness and JAPAN MINI LP 2CD NEW US $59.99 Buy It Now 7h 12m
^ HAWKWIND chronicle of the black JAPAN MINI LP CD NEW US $41.99 Buy It Now 7h 13m
^ HAWKWIND dream goes on JAPAN MINI LP 3CD NEW US $69.99 Buy It Now 7h 13m
^ HAWKWIND love in space JAPAN MINI LP 2CD NEW US $59.99 Buy It Now 7h 13m
^ HAWKWIND live seventy nine JAPAN MINI LP CD US $41.99 Buy It Now 7h 13m
Hawkwind - Palace Springs - 1991 NEW US $2.99 Buy It Now 7h 22m
Hawkwind - Warrior on the Edge of Time CD/DVD NEW Sealed US $34.80 Buy It Now 8h
HAWKWIND x2: IN SEARCH OF SPACE + LOG '71 + 1ST LP '70 U + 2 x 7" "SILVER MACHIN US $49.73 Buy It Now 11h 9m
HAWKWIND - ONWARD, 2012 UK GREEN vinyl 2LP + POSTER, 1000 COPIES! NEW - SEALED! US $46.99 Buy It Now 12h 3m
CD Album: Hawkwind : Weird Tapes No 8 : Live 1966 - '73 : Sealed US $24.10 Buy It Now 13h 8m
CD Album: Hawkwind : Spacebrock US $24.10 Buy It Now 13h 8m
CD Album: Hawklords : Live'78 : Brunel University : Hawkwind Calvert Sealed US $24.60 Buy It Now 13h 8m
CD Album: Hawkwind : Glastonbury '90 : Sealed US $23.85 Buy It Now 13h 8m
CD Album: Robert Calvert : Ejection : Live Cardiff Wales 1988 Hawkwind US $23.52 Buy It Now 13h 8m
CD Album: Harvestman, US Christmas, Minsk : Hawkwind Triad : Sealed US $20.29 Buy It Now 13h 8m
CD Album: Spacehead : Live @ Hawkfest 2003 : Hawkwind US $14.87 Buy It Now 13h 8m
HAWKWIND-MASTERS OF ROCK-RARE COMPILATION-EMI 2002- US $11.00 Buy It Now 13h 50m
Hawkwind - Hawkwind (NEW CD) US $11.17 Buy It Now 13h 59m
HAWKWIND Master of the Universe Orig 33 RPM Vinyl Album LP US $6.61 Buy It Now 14h 9m
GALLOPING CORONERS space heavy psych Hawkwind Amon Duul UK LP listen top copy! US $89.90 Buy It Now 14h 46m
Hawkwind - Hawkwind NEW CD US $7.91 Buy It Now 14h 54m
Hawkwind - Doremi Fasol Latido NEW CD US $7.91 Buy It Now 14h 56m
HAWKWIND - LOVE IN SPACE, 2009 UK 2CD +3 BONUS, REMASTERED, NEW - SEALED! US $28.99 Buy It Now 14h 58m
7" HAWKWIND "KERB CRAWLER/HONKY DORKY" 70'S ROCK US $6.50 Buy It Now 15h 4m
Hawkwind In Search of Space Japan Orig. LP INSERT G/F 1972 US $24.00 [1 bids]
Motorhead Keep Us On The Road UK CD NEW 1991 Rare Live Album 1977 Lemmy Hawkwind US $29.95 Buy It Now 17h 8m
HAWKWIND 'THE FLICKNIFE YEARS : 1981-1988' 5 CD SET (2014) US $43.02 Buy It Now 17h 46m
TRASH The ROOTS Of PUNK Mojo IGGY POP T.Rex NEW YORK DOLLS Hawkwind, Can, Jook US $6.61 [0 bids]
HAWKWIND Official Merchandise Ceramic Mug Boxed New DOREMI US $16.56 Buy It Now 18h 58m
SAM GOPAL : ESCALATOR LP EARMARK REISSUE Bonus Track - LEMMY MOTORHEAD HAWKWIND US $49.73 [1 bids]
19h
HAWKWIND / ROADHAWKS / 1972 LP GATEFOLD SLEEVE US $13.25 Buy It Now 19h 4m
Hawkwind - Lord of Light Misspelled cover (Lord of Lihgt) - vinyl 7" single US $15.00 [0 bids]
AXE ATTACK-Venom /Demon /Hawkwind/ NEW SEALED LP US $10.98 Buy It Now 19h 55m
Hawkwind 2 Album Set - Levitation and Hawkwind Live 2 CDS US $5.00 [1 bids]
HAWKWIND Doremi Fasol Latido LP album gray color vinyl!! OOP grey BIB, MINT!! US $39.00 Buy It Now 21h 27m
HAWKWIND: Epoch Eclipsed (3-CD Set) US $8.99 Buy It Now 21h 39m
OMEGA - Gammapolis PROG SPACE KRAUTROCK LP HAWKWIND mellotron US $24.90 Buy It Now 21h 40m
OMEGA - Csillagok utjan (Sky Rover) 1978 PROG-SPACE ROCK LP HAWKWIND/STYX/FLOYD US $24.90 Buy It Now 21h 40m
HAWKWIND In Search of Space (2X) LP WHITE color vinyl album!! OOP BIB, MINT!! US $39.00 Buy It Now 21h 42m
BRITISH STEEL V/A, Hawkwind, Bronz, Alaska, Venom, Rox... (Cassette, 1984) US $3.00 [0 bids]
HAWKWIND - Masters Of The Universe (reissue) - LP US $35.62 Buy It Now 21h 53m
HAWKWIND - DISTANT HORIZONS [5013929632820] - NEW CD US $15.50 Buy It Now 22h 42m
Hawkwind Dawn Of Hawkwind CD NEW SEALED US $8.27 Buy It Now 22h 46m
Hawkwind: The Text Of Festival Live 1970-2 CD 2009 Eastworld Candlelight USA NEW US $6.95 Buy It Now 23h 2m
Hawkwind: Bring Me The Head Of Yuri Gagarin CD 2008 NEW US $6.95 Buy It Now 23h 5m
Hawkwind "Angels Of Death" 1982 German RCA Records LP US $8.29 Buy It Now 23h 8m
HAWKWIND - PALACE SPRINGS - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $39.87 Buy It Now 23h 19m
HAWKWIND - SPACEHAWKS [803341409545] - NEW CD US $17.73 Buy It Now 23h 25m
Robert Calvert (Hawkwind)/At The Queen Elizabeth Hall (UK) RARE! Near MINT! US $17.99 Buy It Now 23h 32m
1A/1G!! HAWKWIND-EX-UK-1st PRESS LP LIBERTY LBS 83348-1970-A-2U/B-2U US $21.47 [0 bids]
ASSEMBLE HEAD IN SUNBURST SOUND . SWEET LP EARTHLESS HAWKWIND WHITE HILLS CAN OM US $24.99 [0 bids]
British Steel 1984 Compilation LP Vinyl Record Venom Hawkwind Rox Motorhead Port US $19.99 Buy It Now 23h 51m
Stellar Variations by Hawkwind Light Orchestra (CD, Dec-2012, Esoteric Antenna) US $15.31 Buy It Now 23h 52m
CAMERA . RADIATE! LP KRAUTROCK HAWKWIND WHITE HILLS WOODEN SHJIPS EARTHLESS GNOD US $24.99 [0 bids]
HAWKWIND LIGHT ORCHESTRA - STELLAR VARIATIONS NEW CD US $33.75 Buy It Now 1 day
HAWKWIND The chronicle of the black sword SPANISH LP ASPA LABEL NMINT US $24.99 [0 bids]
HAWKWIND ANTHOLOGY VOL. II SAMURAI RARE 1987 TAPE NEW!! US $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Hawkwind - Choose Your Masques (Griffin) US $19.99 [0 bids]
HAWKWIND-Hall Of The Mountain Grill VINYL LP UK ISSUE US $35.62 Buy It Now 1 day
Hawkwind - Space Ritual US $55.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ex-HAWKWIND ROBERT CALVERT "Queen Elizabeth Hall" FRANCE orig LP w/NM POSTER!! US $14.33 [0 bids]
HAWKWIND - SONIC ASSASSINS - 12" HEAVY METAL SINGLE - 45 RPM - U.K. IMPORT US $5.98 Buy It Now 1 day
RED GIANT - Ultra-Magnetic Glowing Sound CD - NEW - Stoner, Space Rock, Hawkwind US $5.50 Buy It Now 1 day
HAWKWIND - Independent Days CD NEW - Motorhead, Lemmy, Zoo Demos, Flicknife US $11.50 Buy It Now 1 day
HAWKWIND Mighty Hawkwind Classics 1980-85 CD Zoo, Nigh Of Hawks, Sonic Assassins US $18.50 Buy It Now 1 day
HAWKWIND "Silver Machine/Seven By Seven" 7" (UK Press) EX Lemmy Motorhead Brock US $18.25 [0 bids]
HAWKWIND - ELECTRIC TEEPEE - NEW CD US $15.28 Buy It Now 1 day
HAWKWIND Silver Machine / Psychedelic Warlords 45 UK, pic disc, 10th anivrs NEW! US $30.00 [0 bids]
Hawkwind Friends And Relations - Best Of NEW CD US $12.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Hawkwind - Sonic Attack (Griffin) US $19.99 [0 bids]
Hawkwind - Kerb Crawler / Honky Dorky 7" US $4.97 Buy It Now 1 day
HAWKWIND - Sonic Attack - 1981 Orig. UK Vinyl Lp./ Space Psych Prog. Rock US $14.99 [0 bids]
HAWKWIND KINGS OF SPEED PROMO 7" MONO/STEREO ATCO US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AMON DUUL II HAWK MEETS PENGUIN KRAUTROCK psych prog '82 uk hawkwind NM LP RARE! US $99.00 Buy It Now 1 day
HAWKWIND SILVER MACHINE 1983 7" PIC DISC MINT FROM BACK STOCK RARE OOP US $20.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy HAWKWIND music online Buy HAWKWIND & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HAWKWIND DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe ratings distribution

HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe reviews

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
2 stars I bought this compilation when the band's discography was still unknown to me, and I must admit that I see this as quite useless album. Few picks from their "Space Ritual" double live album, and Lemmy's proto-MOTÖRHEAD song from "The Hall of The Mountain Grill". I would like to see a HAWKWIND compilation with some essential tracks around... But I guess I'll never manage to do that!

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#25662) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 01, 2005

Review by Trotsky
3 stars A piecemeal compilation this, comprising tracks from the 1971-1974 period. As such it does a far more thorough job of summing one period of Hawkwind's music than the other compilation I own, Epocheclipse: The Ultimate Best Of, which tries to condense nearly 30 years of music into 18 tracks, and ends up pleasing nobody. Even though I'm not fond of the performances of some of these songs on the Space Ritual album, I do enjoy this presentation of the studio versions of Master Of The Universe, Brainstorm and the oh-so- insistent Orgone Accumulator.

The subtle, sweeping sound affects that colour the pieces here (and got lost on Space Ritual) make Masters Of The Universe a worthwhile introduction to the more improvisation- orientated side of Hawkwind, although I'd still recommend heading directly to the superior Hall of The Mountain Grill or Warrior On The Edge Of Time albums. I could do without the Robert Calvert poetic rants (although I do admit that this one, Sonic Attack is the very best of them) while It's So Easy is an atypical song that takes a dreamy start and turns into a borderline glam-rock tune, albeit one with a psych guitar-freak out stuck in the middle! To round things off, we have Lost Johnny, a driving biker anthem that is bassist Lemmy Kilminster's finest moment.

This 40 minute trip works quite well, and made me realise that with Hawkwind, the dosage is of particular importance. Too much of the good thing turns me off, but I'm always tuned in to this. ... 52% on the MPV scale

Send comments to Trotsky (BETA) | Report this review (#44634) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 28, 2005

Review by loserboy
3 stars So I will admit right up front that Hawkwind were not and are still not my favourite band but my good friend Bob Turnbull has gotten me more and more into this band's music and being a sucker for good albums I picked up "Masters of The Universe" ! This is a pretty cool album and manages to really draw up that old space-prog rock senses with tracks like the 10 Mins Orgone Accumulator and the 11 Mins Brainstorm epic numbers. This was I guess the most interesting version of hawkwind with Nik Turner, Dave Brock, Mr Kilminster, Bob Calvert and Mick Farren . Musically this album showcases the spaced out contributions of heavy bass, drum and keyboard trio with wild vocals and assorted musical instruments. The album runs like a wild nightmare!

Send comments to loserboy (BETA) | Report this review (#85741) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 04, 2006

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars A compilation for those who are not initiated into the Hawkwind universe.

I am a serious Hawkwind fan and love most of their early works and some later albums. I am especially fond of 'Space Ritual' and 'In search of Space, 'Doremi Fasol Latido' and 'Hall of the Mountain Grill' among others such as the first album. So I was eager to pick up this CD to see what some of the tracks I had heard live are like as studio versions.

The vinyl may have been one of the best compilations in the late 70s of the band, but the CD does not warn that it is a compilation in any way! It does not warn that two of the tracks are live and directly taken from 'Space Ritual'. So instead of getting new tracks to add to the collection I was inundated with the same stuff I already have. Any Hawkwind fan would no doubt have the aforementioned albums as they are the classics that launched this incredible band. So the CD is absolutely worthless to the Hawkwind addict. Though it has a nice cover so if you see it in the $1 Bin - get it! There are no other pictures to redeem it either. It doesnt even have a booklet.

Let's see what the CD offers shall we?

1. Master of the universe - an excellent track, OK! - But its on every compilation as well as many CDs as a bonus track so that is not worth buying this CD.

2. Brainstorm - Terrific track but once again on many compilations and easy to obtain.

3. Sonic attack - ho hum - its the same as 'Space Ritual'.

4. Orgone accumulator - brilliant track - my favourite Hawkwind track of all time and the reason I bought this album.... BUT - its the same as 'Space Ritual'. There was no warning on the sleeve that this was a live version so I was bitterly disappointed. Did they record this as a studio version? 5. It's so easy - this is on the classic albums and not much of a track really.

6. Lost Johnny - Great track BUT its on 'Hall of Mountain Grill'.

So if you are after a Hawkwind compilation get 'EpochEclipse' or 'Psychedelic Warlords' instead.

I wasted my money and I was furious so I took it back to the CD seller who actually let me buy a different CD to replace this one (thanks JB).

If not, I would have been using this CD as an expensive coffee coaster.

This is definitely for the Hawkwind newbie. I would suggest though to ditch this, and get the first 6 albums, "Chronicle of the Black Sword" "Space Ritual" and the latest release "Blood of the Earth" instead. That is really the best of Hawkwind!

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#178982) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 06, 2008

3 stars "Masters of the Universe" is just one of many compilations created to capture the Hawkwind sound. While the compilation is not accurate as a portrait of the band's early period, it does capture the dark and heavy dimension of their sound. The main reasons to buy this compilation would be to in ... (read more)

Report this review (#992201) | Posted by The Mystical | Friday, July 05, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The most cohesive introduction to Hawkwind's United Artists years from 1971-74 for the money when it was released on vinyl in 1977. This compilation with it's freaked out cover of a wizard and his apprentice contemplating a mystical kingdom was also released on CD in '89 and was one of the few Hawkw ... (read more)

Report this review (#400521) | Posted by Vibrationbaby | Monday, February 14, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is the Album which began my seemingly endless meandering into the Space-Rock of the mighty Hawks.Hence the 4 stars...it's personal (-.o) I backtracked from this excellent compilation, then worked my way forwards (in terms of purchasing albums). Hawkwind are by no means techinically superb ... (read more)

Report this review (#25661) | Posted by NyghtOwl | Tuesday, June 08, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HAWKWIND "Masters of the Universe"