MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE

Hawkwind Masters of the Universe album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy HAWKWIND Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1977

1. Master of the universe (6:19)
2. Brainstorm (10:45)
3. Sonic attack (3:00)
4. Orgone accumulator (10:01)
5. It's so easy (5:21)
6. Lost Johnny (3:28)

Search HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe lyrics

Search HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe tabs

- Dave Anderson / bass, guitars (1)
- Dave Brock / lead vocals, guitars, synthesizers
- Del Dettmar / synthesizers
- Dik Mik / audio generator & electronics (1 to 5)
- Simon House / keyboards (6)
- Lemmy Kilminster / bass, vocals, guitars (2 to 6)
- Simon King / drums, percussion (2 to 6)
- Terry Ollis / drums, percussion (1)
- Nik turner / sax, flute, vocals

LP United Artists UAG 30025 (1977)

LP/CD Harvest / Fame FA 3220 (1989)

and to NotAProghead for the last updates

HAWKWIND MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe Music

United Artists
Vinyl$12.00
Spalax 1997
Thunderbolt 1998
Welcome To The Future Volume 1 - Masters Of The UniverseWelcome To The Future Volume 1 - Masters Of The Universe
Synergie OMP 2011
Hawkwind - Masters Of The Universe (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $26.64 Buy It Now 6h 40m
hawkwind master of the universe LP Vinyl US $7.84 [0 bids]
HAWKWIND MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE FAME RECORDS REISSUE VINYL LP* NEAR MINT ITEM US $12.46 Buy It Now 11h 41m
Hawkwind,Masters of the Universe,United Artists Label,Stereo LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
HAWKWIND - MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE - 1977 UK PRESS A2U/B2U - UAG 30025 US $1.63 [2 bids]
Hawkwind - Masters Of The Universe [CD New] US $20.61 Buy It Now 1 day
HAWKWIND - MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE US $15.66 Buy It Now 1 day
HAWKWIND "Masters Of The Universe" CD Marble Arch MADE IN ENGLAND *Free US Ship* US $8.99 [0 bids]
**HAWKWIND**Masters Of The Universe ** HAWKWIND ** US $1.55 [0 bids]
Hawkwind masters of the universe cd US $1.55 [0 bids]
Hawkwind "Masters Of The Universe" 1991 Thunderbolt Used CD Comp. US $5.99 [0 bids]
HAWKWIND Masters Of The Universe LP 6 Track Reissue Light Wear To Sleeve And Sma US $13.17 Buy It Now 3 days
HAWKWIND - Masters Of The Universe (reissue) - LP US $33.69 Buy It Now 3 days
Hawkwind - Masters Of The Universe New Lp US $31.63 Buy It Now 3 days
Hawkwind - Masters of the Universe (1974) 12" Vinyl LP US $9.80 Buy It Now 4 days
HAWKWIND-MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE-NEW CD ALBUM US $9.39 Buy It Now 4 days
HAWKWIND / MOTORWAY CITY - MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE rare 7" SP !!! PRE MOTORHEAD US $8.99 [0 bids]
Hawkwind ?- Masters Of The Universe(CD 1991) Success ?- 16068CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Masters of the Universe - Hawkwind New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $18.89 Buy It Now 4 days
HAWKWIND Masters Of The Universe 180gm Clear LP NEW US $37.55 Buy It Now 5 days
Hawkwind - Masters Of The Universe 1991 Marble Arch CD UK Import Very Good Cond US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Hawkwind - Masters Of The Universe NEW LP US $22.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Hawkwind - Masters Of The Universe (NEW CD) US $10.57 Buy It Now 6 days
Hawkwind tour programme Masters Of The Universe + Ticket Stub UK TOUR PROGRAM US $44.60 Buy It Now 6 days
Hawkwind Masters Of The Universe UK tour programme TOUR PROGRAM BALLANTINE US $28.93 Buy It Now 6 days
Masters Of The Universe - Hawkwind (2004, CD New) US $10.39 Buy It Now 6 days
HAWKWIND - MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE NEW CD US $16.16 Buy It Now 6 days
HAWKWIND - Masters Of The Universe / Cassette Album Tape / 1934 US $9.39 Buy It Now 7 days
HAWKWIND - MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE - CDFA3220 US $9.96 Buy It Now 7 days
Hawkwind - Masters Of The Universe [CD New] US $11.59 Buy It Now 7 days
HAWKWIND - MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE [SIMPLY THE BEST] - NEW CD US $8.61 Buy It Now 8 days
Masters Of The Universe by Hawkwind US $11.76 Buy It Now 8 days
Hawkwind - Masters of the Universe [Castle] (2001) US $3.12 Buy It Now 8 days
Hawkwind - Entire And Infinite Universe Of (Masters Of The Universe/Bring Me-4cd US $9.39 [0 bids]
HAWKWIND - ON SUNDOWN - MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE ETC US $14.09 Buy It Now 10 days
HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe FAME US $14.09 Buy It Now 10 days
HAWKWIND: Masters Of The Universe - Official 1979 UK full colour tour programme US $26.05 Buy It Now 10 days
Hawkwind : Masters of the Universe CD (2000) US $4.30 Buy It Now 11 days
HAWKWIND Masters Of The Universe UK 180g clear vinyl LP SEALED / NEW US $34.48 Buy It Now 11 days
HAWKWIND Masters Of The Universe 180g clear vinyl LP SEALED / NEW US $34.86 Buy It Now 11 days
Hawkwind - Masters of the Universe [UA/Magnum] (1989) CD US $8.15 Buy It Now 12 days
Hawkwind - Masters Of The Universe NEW CD US $7.63 Buy It Now 12 days
Hawkwind - Masters Of The Universe LP (Space/Psych Rock 1982 FA3008) Vinyl EX++ US $7.85 Buy It Now 12 days
HAWKWIND - Masters Of The Universe ~ VINYL LP US $23.97 Buy It Now 12 days
HAWKWIND masters of the universe FAME+LOW/FREE POST US $13.48 Buy It Now 13 days
CD-Hawkwind-Masters of the Universe~&0's Space Rock Psych US $12.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Masters of the Universe by Hawkwind *New CD* US $8.97 Buy It Now 13 days
Hawkwind - Masters Of The Universe - FA 3008 - LP Record #hawkwind US $15.98 Buy It Now 14 days
Hawkwind - Masters Of The Universe CD EMI US $15.89 Buy It Now 14 days
Hawkwind MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE 180g HQ Limited Edt. NEW Colored VINYL LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 14 days
HAWKWIND Masters Of The Universe United Artists UK 1st LP EX US $25.08 Buy It Now 14 days
HAWKWIND masters of the universe FA 3008 uk emi fame reissue LP PS EX/EX US $20.37 Buy It Now 14 days
hawkwind masters of the universe lp 3008 c-vg/r-ex+ US $6.26 Buy It Now 15 days
HAWKWIND - Master Of The Universe - CD - 17 track, remastered US $8.76 Buy It Now 16 days
NEW Masters Of The Universe [simply The Best] by Hawkwind CD (CD) US $13.40 Buy It Now 17 days
HAWKWIND Masters Of The Universe LIMITED + COLOURED 180G Vinyl LP NEW/SEALED US $31.28 Buy It Now 17 days
HAWKWIND Master of the Universe CD new GERMANY US $17.90 Buy It Now 17 days
HAWKWIND - MOTORWAY CITY / Master Of The Universe 7 inch Single 7" Vinyl Record US $3.12 Buy It Now 17 days
Hawkwind : Masters of the universe CD US $4.22 Buy It Now 18 days
HAWKWIND "MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE" 1977 1/2 PAGE ADVERT US $14.03 Buy It Now 19 days
Hawkwind : Masters of the Universe CD (1998) US $7.04 Buy It Now 19 days
HAWKWIND Master of the Universe CD new ENGLAND US $12.90 Buy It Now 19 days
Hawkwind : Masters of the Universe CD (2002) US $12.93 Buy It Now 19 days
Hawkwind Masters of The Universe LP sealed Mint 180 gram limited clear vinyl US $22.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Masters Of The Universe - Hawkwind (2007, CD New) US $16.87 Buy It Now 20 days
HAWKWIND-MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CD NEW US $9.97 Buy It Now 20 days
Masters of the Universe - Hawkwind New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $29.29 Buy It Now 21 days
HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe LIBERTY US $15.66 Buy It Now 21 days
Hawkwind - Masters Of The Universe NEW CD US $7.48 Buy It Now 21 days
HAWKWIND MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CASSETTE US $9.41 Buy It Now 21 days
HAWKWIND- MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE VINYL ALBUM US $6.26 Buy It Now 22 days
HAWKWIND masters of the universe FA 3008 uk emi fame reissue LP PS EX-/EX US $18.53 Buy It Now 22 days
Hawkwind - Masters Of The Universe CD SPALAX US $30.39 Buy It Now 23 days
HAWKWIND - MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE NEW CD US $34.29 Buy It Now 23 days
HAWKWIND-MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CD NEW US $14.38 Buy It Now 23 days
HAWKWIND Masters Of The Universe LIMITED CLEAR VINYL LP US $47.02 Buy It Now 23 days
Hawkwind - Masters of the Universe 24HR POST!! US $8.61 Buy It Now 23 days
Hawkwind : Master of the Universe CD (1999) US $8.14 Buy It Now 24 days
Hawkwind: Masters Of The Universe CD EMI UK Original Sound CD-FA 3220 CDM US $9.95 Buy It Now 25 days
HAWKWIND MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE LP FAME ISSUE OF 1974 ALBUM UK US $15.68 Buy It Now 25 days
Hawkwind : Masters of the Universe CD US $4.25 Buy It Now 26 days
HAWKWIND Official Uni-Sex Tee Shirt Various Sizes MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE US $21.93 Buy It Now 26 days
EX/EX !! Hawkwind/Masters Of The Universe/1977 Liberty LP US $34.49 Buy It Now 27 days
Hawkwind Masters Of The Universe US $10.96 Buy It Now 27 days
HAWKWIND MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $141.09 Buy It Now 28 days
HAWKWIND-MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE-6 TRACK CD-MADE IN EU US $11.28 Buy It Now 29 days
HAWKWIND Masters Of The Universe Vinyl Record LP Fame FA 3008 1982 US $17.23 Buy It Now 29 days
HAWKWIND, MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE, LP 1977/1982 UK VG/EX- LIBERTY EMS 1258 US $12.86 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy HAWKWIND music online Buy HAWKWIND & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HAWKWIND DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe ratings distribution

HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe reviews

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
2 stars I bought this compilation when the band's discography was still unknown to me, and I must admit that I see this as quite useless album. Few picks from their "Space Ritual" double live album, and Lemmy's proto-MOTÖRHEAD song from "The Hall of The Mountain Grill". I would like to see a HAWKWIND compilation with some essential tracks around... But I guess I'll never manage to do that!

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#25662) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 01, 2005

Review by Trotsky
3 stars A piecemeal compilation this, comprising tracks from the 1971-1974 period. As such it does a far more thorough job of summing one period of Hawkwind's music than the other compilation I own, Epocheclipse: The Ultimate Best Of, which tries to condense nearly 30 years of music into 18 tracks, and ends up pleasing nobody. Even though I'm not fond of the performances of some of these songs on the Space Ritual album, I do enjoy this presentation of the studio versions of Master Of The Universe, Brainstorm and the oh-so- insistent Orgone Accumulator.

The subtle, sweeping sound affects that colour the pieces here (and got lost on Space Ritual) make Masters Of The Universe a worthwhile introduction to the more improvisation- orientated side of Hawkwind, although I'd still recommend heading directly to the superior Hall of The Mountain Grill or Warrior On The Edge Of Time albums. I could do without the Robert Calvert poetic rants (although I do admit that this one, Sonic Attack is the very best of them) while It's So Easy is an atypical song that takes a dreamy start and turns into a borderline glam-rock tune, albeit one with a psych guitar-freak out stuck in the middle! To round things off, we have Lost Johnny, a driving biker anthem that is bassist Lemmy Kilminster's finest moment.

This 40 minute trip works quite well, and made me realise that with Hawkwind, the dosage is of particular importance. Too much of the good thing turns me off, but I'm always tuned in to this. ... 52% on the MPV scale

Send comments to Trotsky (BETA) | Report this review (#44634) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 28, 2005

Review by loserboy
3 stars So I will admit right up front that Hawkwind were not and are still not my favourite band but my good friend Bob Turnbull has gotten me more and more into this band's music and being a sucker for good albums I picked up "Masters of The Universe" ! This is a pretty cool album and manages to really draw up that old space-prog rock senses with tracks like the 10 Mins Orgone Accumulator and the 11 Mins Brainstorm epic numbers. This was I guess the most interesting version of hawkwind with Nik Turner, Dave Brock, Mr Kilminster, Bob Calvert and Mick Farren . Musically this album showcases the spaced out contributions of heavy bass, drum and keyboard trio with wild vocals and assorted musical instruments. The album runs like a wild nightmare!

Send comments to loserboy (BETA) | Report this review (#85741) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 04, 2006

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars A compilation for those who are not initiated into the Hawkwind universe.

I am a serious Hawkwind fan and love most of their early works and some later albums. I am especially fond of 'Space Ritual' and 'In search of Space, 'Doremi Fasol Latido' and 'Hall of the Mountain Grill' among others such as the first album. So I was eager to pick up this CD to see what some of the tracks I had heard live are like as studio versions.

The vinyl may have been one of the best compilations in the late 70s of the band, but the CD does not warn that it is a compilation in any way! It does not warn that two of the tracks are live and directly taken from 'Space Ritual'. So instead of getting new tracks to add to the collection I was inundated with the same stuff I already have. Any Hawkwind fan would no doubt have the aforementioned albums as they are the classics that launched this incredible band. So the CD is absolutely worthless to the Hawkwind addict. Though it has a nice cover so if you see it in the $1 Bin - get it! There are no other pictures to redeem it either. It doesnt even have a booklet.

Let's see what the CD offers shall we?

1. Master of the universe - an excellent track, OK! - But its on every compilation as well as many CDs as a bonus track so that is not worth buying this CD.

2. Brainstorm - Terrific track but once again on many compilations and easy to obtain.

3. Sonic attack - ho hum - its the same as 'Space Ritual'.

4. Orgone accumulator - brilliant track - my favourite Hawkwind track of all time and the reason I bought this album.... BUT - its the same as 'Space Ritual'. There was no warning on the sleeve that this was a live version so I was bitterly disappointed. Did they record this as a studio version? 5. It's so easy - this is on the classic albums and not much of a track really.

6. Lost Johnny - Great track BUT its on 'Hall of Mountain Grill'.

So if you are after a Hawkwind compilation get 'EpochEclipse' or 'Psychedelic Warlords' instead.

I wasted my money and I was furious so I took it back to the CD seller who actually let me buy a different CD to replace this one (thanks JB).

If not, I would have been using this CD as an expensive coffee coaster.

This is definitely for the Hawkwind newbie. I would suggest though to ditch this, and get the first 6 albums, "Chronicle of the Black Sword" "Space Ritual" and the latest release "Blood of the Earth" instead. That is really the best of Hawkwind!

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#178982) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 06, 2008

3 stars "Masters of the Universe" is just one of many compilations created to capture the Hawkwind sound. While the compilation is not accurate as a portrait of the band's early period, it does capture the dark and heavy dimension of their sound. The main reasons to buy this compilation would be to in ... (read more)

Report this review (#992201) | Posted by The Mystical | Friday, July 05, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The most cohesive introduction to Hawkwind's United Artists years from 1971-74 for the money when it was released on vinyl in 1977. This compilation with it's freaked out cover of a wizard and his apprentice contemplating a mystical kingdom was also released on CD in '89 and was one of the few Hawkw ... (read more)

Report this review (#400521) | Posted by Vibrationbaby | Monday, February 14, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is the Album which began my seemingly endless meandering into the Space-Rock of the mighty Hawks.Hence the 4 stars...it's personal (-.o) I backtracked from this excellent compilation, then worked my way forwards (in terms of purchasing albums). Hawkwind are by no means techinically superb ... (read more)

Report this review (#25661) | Posted by NyghtOwl | Tuesday, June 08, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HAWKWIND "Masters of the Universe"