MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE

Hawkwind Masters of the Universe album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy HAWKWIND Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1977

1. Master of the universe (6:19)
2. Brainstorm (10:45)
3. Sonic attack (3:00)
4. Orgone accumulator (10:01)
5. It's so easy (5:21)
6. Lost Johnny (3:28)

Search HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe lyrics

Search HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe tabs

- Dave Anderson / bass, guitars (1)
- Dave Brock / lead vocals, guitars, synthesizers
- Del Dettmar / synthesizers
- Dik Mik / audio generator & electronics (1 to 5)
- Simon House / keyboards (6)
- Lemmy Kilminster / bass, vocals, guitars (2 to 6)
- Simon King / drums, percussion (2 to 6)
- Terry Ollis / drums, percussion (1)
- Nik turner / sax, flute, vocals

LP United Artists UAG 30025 (1977)

LP/CD Harvest / Fame FA 3220 (1989)

and to NotAProghead for the last updates

HAWKWIND MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe Music

EMI Gold Imports 1989
Master Of The UniverseMaster Of The Universe
Red Cab Records 2011
Master of the Universe by HawkwindMaster of the Universe by Hawkwind
Disky
Masters of the Universe by Hawkwind (1998-03-18)Masters of the Universe by Hawkwind (1998-03-18)
Thunderbolt
Masters of the Universe by HawkwindMasters of the Universe by Hawkwind
Spalax
Welcome To The Future Volume 1 - Masters Of The UniverseWelcome To The Future Volume 1 - Masters Of The Universe
Synergie OMP 2011
Master of the UniverseMaster of the Universe
Pulse

HAWKWIND MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CASSETTE USD $16.17 Buy It Now 11h 40m
?? HAWKWIND "Master Of The Universe" Top! NIP USD $11.17 Buy It Now 15h 30m
HAWKWIND masters of the universe (uk 1982 reissue) LP EX+/EX FA 3008 psych USD $24.26 Buy It Now 18h 12m
HAWKWIND masters of the universe (uk 1982 reissue) LP EX+/EX FA 3008 psych USD $26.70 Buy It Now 19h 40m
Masters Of The Universe Hawkwind Vinyl Record USD $21.51 Buy It Now 21h
Hawkwind Masters Of The Universe Programme USD $9.43 [0 bids]
HAWKWIND Masters Of The Universe 1977 UK vinyl LP EXCELLENT CONDITION C USD $21.57 Buy It Now 1 day
HAWKWIND MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE UK CONCERT TOUR PROGRAMME 1979 USD $16.18 Buy It Now 2 days
HAWKWIND Master Of The Universe CD UK Pulse 2001 17 Track (Plscd207) USD $6.73 Buy It Now 2 days
Masters Of The Universe + Ticket Stub Hawkwind UK tour programme TOUR PROGRAM USD $38.37 Buy It Now 2 days
HAWKWIND - MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE [SIMPLY THE BEST] (NEW CD) USD $3.77 Buy It Now 2 days
Hawkwind ?- Masters Of The Universe Vinyl, LP, Album USD $8.77 Buy It Now 2 days
HAWKWIND - MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE [SIMPLY THE BEST] USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $4.71 Buy It Now 3 days
Masters of the Universe, Hawkwind, Excellent Import USD $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Hawkwind CD album (CDLP) Masters Of The Universe UK CMACD129 SUCCESS 1991 USD $14.16 Buy It Now 3 days
Masters Of The Universe Hawkwind tour programme UK TOUR PROGRAM BALLANTINE USD $20.84 Buy It Now 3 days
Masters Of The Universe Hawkwind vinyl LP album record UK FA3008 FAME 1985 USD $25.56 Buy It Now 3 days
10/3/84PGN05 ADVERT 7X3" HAWKWIND : MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE USD $5.39 Buy It Now 3 days
HAWKWIND ?- Masters Of The Universe (FA 3008) ?Vinyl LP Album; UK 1982 - EX/EX USD $16.12 Buy It Now 4 days
Hawkwind Master Of The Universe CD Album 17 Tracks 1997 VGC USD $6.74 Buy It Now 4 days
NIK TURNER Life in Space Blue Vinyl ex-Hawkwind Simon House Master of Universe USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
NIK TURNER Life in Space White Vinyl ex-Hawkwind Simon House Master of Universe USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
HAWKWIND - Masters Of The Universe (CD 2001) UK Pressing USD $9.44 Buy It Now 4 days
HAWKWIND MASTERS OF UNIVERSE 1979 PROGRAMME COLOUR CONCERT BOOKLET UK USD $24.28 Buy It Now 4 days
Hawkwind - Masters Of The Universe 1991 Marble Arch CD UK Import Like New Cond USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Hawkwind vinyl record album Masters of the Universe prog rock USD $18.88 Buy It Now 5 days
Hawkwind - Masters Of The Universe CD USD $3.36 [0 bids]
Hawkwind m- UK LP Masters of the Universe. I bought this new. USD $12.50 [1 bids]
HAWKWIND - MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE [SIMPLY THE BEST] NEW CD USD $6.79 Buy It Now 6 days
Masters Of The Universe - Hawkwind 077779202522 (CD Used Like New) USD $5.24 Buy It Now 6 days
HAWKWIND Masters Of The Universe 1985 UK Fame issue Vinyl LP EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $20.22 Buy It Now 6 days
HAWKWIND Masters Of The Universe FAME UK Press LP EX  USD $6.74 Buy It Now 6 days
HAWKWIND Masters Of The Universe 1985 UK vinyl LP EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $26.96 Buy It Now 7 days
HAWKWIND Masters Of The Universe 1977 UK vinyl LP EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $21.57 Buy It Now 7 days
EX/EX !! Hawkwind/Masters Of The Universe/1977 Liberty LP USD $29.67 Buy It Now 9 days
Hawkwind - Masters of the Universe [New CD] USD $6.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Hawkwind - Masters of the Universe [New CD] USD $6.80 Buy It Now 9 days
Hawkwind - Masters of the Universe [UA/Magnum] (1989) New & Sealed USD $6.37 Buy It Now 9 days
Hawkwind - Masters Of The Universe -UK LP (Cat.No,FA 3008) USD $6.07 [1 bids]
HAWKWIND Masters Of The Universe UA 1977 UAG 30025 UK NM vinyl USD $24.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Hawkwind m- UK LP Masters of the Universe USD $24.99 Buy It Now 10 days
1982~Re~issue~ Hawkwind~Masters Of The Universe~FAME~FA 3008~VG/ EX~Vinyl LP. USD $11.94 Buy It Now 10 days
HAWKWIND - Masters Of The Universe (CD) USD $9.44 Buy It Now 10 days
Entire & Infinite Universe of Hawkwind 4 CD MASTERS OF UNIVERSE SPACE RITUAL.... USD $40.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Masters Of The Universe Hawkwind Vinyl Record USD $22.86 Buy It Now 12 days
HAWKWIND - MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE [CASTLE] USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $6.82 Buy It Now 13 days
HAWKWIND - MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE [CASTLE] NEW CD USD $10.16 Buy It Now 13 days
Hawkwind ?- Masters Of The Universe EU 1991 CD Compilation in NM USD $14.90 Buy It Now 13 days
Hawkwind-Masters of the Universe (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $6.74 Buy It Now 13 days
HAWKWIND - UK CASSETTE TAPE - MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE USD $10.78 Buy It Now 14 days
HAWKWIND masters of the universe (original uk press) LP EX/EX UAG 30025 psych USD $34.68 Buy It Now 14 days
HAWKWIND masters of the universe (original uk press) LP EX/EX UAG 30025 psych USD $35.97 Buy It Now 14 days
Hawkwind Masters Of The Universe UK LP Fame FA 3008 1982 EX/NM USD $13.47 Buy It Now 15 days
Hawkwind - Master Of The Universe - CD Album - 1997 - Castle Pulse USD $9.43 Buy It Now 16 days
Hawkwind - Masters Of The Universe (NEW CD) USD $7.40 Buy It Now 17 days
Masters of the Universe HAWKWIND Vinyl Record USD $26.91 Buy It Now 17 days
HAWKWIND MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CD USD $4.05 Buy It Now 17 days
Hawkwind Masters of the Universe 1st UK Nimbus pressing cd Fame EMI Rarrr! USD $11.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Hawkwind - Masters of the Universe Vinyl LP UK 1st Press 1977 EX/EX+ Best of USD $26.96 Buy It Now 18 days
Hawkwind-Masters of the Universe CD NEW USD $9.68 Buy It Now 18 days
HAWKWIND MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE CD PLATINUM DISC VINYL LP FREE SHIPPING TO U.K. USD $148.34 Buy It Now 19 days
HAWKWIND - Masters Of The Universe ~ VINYL LP USD $16.98 Buy It Now 19 days
HAWKWIND "MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE" 1977 1/2 PAGE ADVERT USD $10.26 Buy It Now 19 days
Masters of the Universe [Simply the Best] by Hawkwind (CD, Dec-2004, Fame) USD $4.25 Buy It Now 20 days
Hawkwind - Masters of the Universe [UA/Magnum] (1989) USD $7.40 Buy It Now 20 days
HAWKWIND Masters Of The Universe 2011 limited clear 180g vinyl LP SEALED/NEW USD $27.49 Buy It Now 21 days
HAWKWIND MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE 180GM LP Coloured Vinyl NEW USD $37.24 Buy It Now 21 days
HAWKWIND ~ MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ~1974 ~ UAG30025 A2/B2 ~ EX/EX+ USD $31.69 Buy It Now 21 days
HAWKWIND ?- Masters Of The Universe (LP) (VG/VG-) USD $17.52 Buy It Now 21 days
Hawkwind ?- Masters Of The Universe - UK - 1987 - EMS 1258 USD $17.53 Buy It Now 21 days
HAWKWIND - ON SUNDOWN - MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE ETC USD $12.12 Buy It Now 22 days
Masters of the universe, Hawkwind, Excellent USD $7.31 Buy It Now 24 days
Hawkwind - Masters of the Universe - Hawkwind CD 5UVG The Fast Free Shipping USD $4.09 Buy It Now 24 days
HAWKWIND Masters Of The Universe 1979 Tour Programme USD $26.96 Buy It Now 26 days
CD-Hawkwind-Masters of the Universe~&0's Space Rock Psych USD $7.99 Buy It Now 26 days
HAWKWIND MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! USD $134.86 Buy It Now 26 days
Masters of the Universe Hawkwind Vinyl Record USD $21.51 Buy It Now 26 days
Hawkwind - Masters Of The Universe(180g LTD. Coloured Vinyl LP),2011 Back On Bla USD $95.00 Buy It Now 27 days
Hawkwind ?- Masters Of The Universe LP Vinyl Record Album USD $10.79 Buy It Now 27 days
NIK TURNER - Life in Space CD ( Ex-Hawkwind) Simon House Master of the Universe USD $9.99 Buy It Now 27 days
HAWKWIND Masters Of The Universe UNITED ARTISTS UAG 30025 Original UK Prog USD $24.95 Buy It Now 27 days
Hawkwind - Master Of The Universe - CD Album 1997 USD $5.38 Buy It Now 28 days
Hawkwind Masters Of The Universe CD NEW SEALED USD $6.73 Buy It Now 28 days
HAWKWIND MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CD ALBUM USD $6.68 Buy It Now 29 days
Hawkwind - Masters Of The Universe [CD] USD $7.01 Buy It Now 29 days
HAWKWIND - MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE - CASSETTE TAPE ALBUM USD $10.78 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy HAWKWIND music online Buy HAWKWIND & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe ratings distribution

HAWKWIND Masters of the Universe reviews

Review by Eetu Pellonpaa
2 stars I bought this compilation when the band's discography was still unknown to me, and I must admit that I see this as quite useless album. Few picks from their "Space Ritual" double live album, and Lemmy's proto-MOTÖRHEAD song from "The Hall of The Mountain Grill". I would like to see a HAWKWIND compilation with some essential tracks around... But I guess I'll never manage to do that!
Review by Trotsky
3 stars A piecemeal compilation this, comprising tracks from the 1971-1974 period. As such it does a far more thorough job of summing one period of Hawkwind's music than the other compilation I own, Epocheclipse: The Ultimate Best Of, which tries to condense nearly 30 years of music into 18 tracks, and ends up pleasing nobody. Even though I'm not fond of the performances of some of these songs on the Space Ritual album, I do enjoy this presentation of the studio versions of Master Of The Universe, Brainstorm and the oh-so- insistent Orgone Accumulator.

The subtle, sweeping sound affects that colour the pieces here (and got lost on Space Ritual) make Masters Of The Universe a worthwhile introduction to the more improvisation- orientated side of Hawkwind, although I'd still recommend heading directly to the superior Hall of The Mountain Grill or Warrior On The Edge Of Time albums. I could do without the Robert Calvert poetic rants (although I do admit that this one, Sonic Attack is the very best of them) while It's So Easy is an atypical song that takes a dreamy start and turns into a borderline glam-rock tune, albeit one with a psych guitar-freak out stuck in the middle! To round things off, we have Lost Johnny, a driving biker anthem that is bassist Lemmy Kilminster's finest moment.

This 40 minute trip works quite well, and made me realise that with Hawkwind, the dosage is of particular importance. Too much of the good thing turns me off, but I'm always tuned in to this. ... 52% on the MPV scale

Review by loserboy
3 stars So I will admit right up front that Hawkwind were not and are still not my favourite band but my good friend Bob Turnbull has gotten me more and more into this band's music and being a sucker for good albums I picked up "Masters of The Universe" ! This is a pretty cool album and manages to really draw up that old space-prog rock senses with tracks like the 10 Mins Orgone Accumulator and the 11 Mins Brainstorm epic numbers. This was I guess the most interesting version of hawkwind with Nik Turner, Dave Brock, Mr Kilminster, Bob Calvert and Mick Farren . Musically this album showcases the spaced out contributions of heavy bass, drum and keyboard trio with wild vocals and assorted musical instruments. The album runs like a wild nightmare!
Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars A compilation for those who are not initiated into the Hawkwind universe.

I am a serious Hawkwind fan and love most of their early works and some later albums. I am especially fond of 'Space Ritual' and 'In search of Space, 'Doremi Fasol Latido' and 'Hall of the Mountain Grill' among others such as the first album. So I was eager to pick up this CD to see what some of the tracks I had heard live are like as studio versions.

The vinyl may have been one of the best compilations in the late 70s of the band, but the CD does not warn that it is a compilation in any way! It does not warn that two of the tracks are live and directly taken from 'Space Ritual'. So instead of getting new tracks to add to the collection I was inundated with the same stuff I already have. Any Hawkwind fan would no doubt have the aforementioned albums as they are the classics that launched this incredible band. So the CD is absolutely worthless to the Hawkwind addict. Though it has a nice cover so if you see it in the $1 Bin - get it! There are no other pictures to redeem it either. It doesnt even have a booklet.

Let's see what the CD offers shall we?

1. Master of the universe - an excellent track, OK! - But its on every compilation as well as many CDs as a bonus track so that is not worth buying this CD.

2. Brainstorm - Terrific track but once again on many compilations and easy to obtain.

3. Sonic attack - ho hum - its the same as 'Space Ritual'.

4. Orgone accumulator - brilliant track - my favourite Hawkwind track of all time and the reason I bought this album.... BUT - its the same as 'Space Ritual'. There was no warning on the sleeve that this was a live version so I was bitterly disappointed. Did they record this as a studio version? 5. It's so easy - this is on the classic albums and not much of a track really.

6. Lost Johnny - Great track BUT its on 'Hall of Mountain Grill'.

So if you are after a Hawkwind compilation get 'EpochEclipse' or 'Psychedelic Warlords' instead.

I wasted my money and I was furious so I took it back to the CD seller who actually let me buy a different CD to replace this one (thanks JB).

If not, I would have been using this CD as an expensive coffee coaster.

This is definitely for the Hawkwind newbie. I would suggest though to ditch this, and get the first 6 albums, "Chronicle of the Black Sword" "Space Ritual" and the latest release "Blood of the Earth" instead. That is really the best of Hawkwind!

3 stars "Masters of the Universe" is just one of many compilations created to capture the Hawkwind sound. While the compilation is not accurate as a portrait of the band's early period, it does capture the dark and heavy dimension of their sound. The main reasons to buy this compilation would be to in ... (read more)

Report this review (#992201) | Posted by The Mystical | Friday, July 5, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The most cohesive introduction to Hawkwind's United Artists years from 1971-74 for the money when it was released on vinyl in 1977. This compilation with it's freaked out cover of a wizard and his apprentice contemplating a mystical kingdom was also released on CD in '89 and was one of the few Hawkw ... (read more)

Report this review (#400521) | Posted by Vibrationbaby | Monday, February 14, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is the Album which began my seemingly endless meandering into the Space-Rock of the mighty Hawks.Hence the 4 stars...it's personal (-.o) I backtracked from this excellent compilation, then worked my way forwards (in terms of purchasing albums). Hawkwind are by no means techinically superb ... (read more)

Report this review (#25661) | Posted by NyghtOwl | Tuesday, June 8, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HAWKWIND "Masters of the Universe"