A GLORIOUS DISTURBANCE

- Sam Giunta / keyboards
- Paul Mihacevich / drums and percussion
- Al Rolik / bass and vocals
- Mark Boals / vocals

2012 Syzygy Music Enterprises, LLC (SME)
FHL Records

Thanks to Squire Jaco for the addition

SYZYGY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SYZYGY A Glorious Disturbance Music

A Glorious DisturbanceA Glorious Disturbance
Syzygy Music Enterprises 2013
Realms of EternityRealms of Eternity
CD Baby 2012
The Allegory of LightThe Allegory of Light
SYZYGY Music Enterprises, LLC 2009
SYZYGY discovery ep 12" 4 trk in company sleeve b/w timestream, journey to the c US $8.45 Buy It Now 18h 18m
SYZYGY Interchangeable Headblock 12" vinyl Sound Clip in Listing US $9.68 Buy It Now 2 days
Allegory of Light * by Syzygy (CD, Jan-2003, Entropy Records) US $15.53 Buy It Now 2 days
SYZYGY "BOOSHETABO" 45 RPM US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
## SYZYGY - BOOSHETABO / INTAKE 45 ROCK 1987 ################################### US $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Lucrecia Dalt - Syzygy [Vinyl New] US $23.09 Buy It Now 4 days
LUCRECIA DALT - SYZYGY NEW VINYL US $28.48 Buy It Now 4 days
Chian Productions 2 Sampler CDs - Rick Ray Band, Syzygy, Slick Flus, Tiles US $3.50 Buy It Now 5 days
Dalt Lucrecia - Syzygy LP Vinyl Record US $26.42 Buy It Now 6 days
SYZYGY - REALMS OF ETERNITY SEALED 2009 HIGHLY RATED USA PROG US $17.08 Buy It Now 6 days
ORourke, Aaron Trio Syzygy CD US $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
SYZYGY-CAN I DREAM-TRANCE/TECHNO/RISING HIGH @LISTEN@ US $7.73 Buy It Now 7 days
Drum Power - Platz,Joe & Syzygy Percussion New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipp US $23.08 Buy It Now 7 days
VA - Rising High Trance Injection 2CD Irresistable Force Dreamfish Syzygy US $3.21 [0 bids]
Syzygy - Allegory Of Light [CD New] US $18.46 Buy It Now 8 days
EAST-WESTERCISM CD - ELECTRONIC Biswa, Syzygy, Summit US $11.95 Buy It Now 9 days
HEAR! Reggae 45 SYZYGY Booshetabo on Fraternity US $15.00 Buy It Now 10 days
RARE Syzygy Denny Zeitlin/George Marsh/Ratzo B Harris 1750 ARCH RECORDS VINYL LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Chill Out or Die, Vol. 3..M-Age/Tanzmuzik/Syzygy/Transform/Neutron 9000 (1994) US $12.89 Buy It Now 11 days
Syzygy - Terminus - Infonet - 1992 #242840 US $6.44 Buy It Now 12 days
PROGNOSIS 11-PROG ROCK PROMO CD-OPETH-INDICA-JAMES LaBRIE-19ADD-GODSTICKS-SYZYGY US $3.95 Buy It Now 15 days
Syzygy - Allegory Of Light CD Pop Rock US $22.23 Buy It Now 15 days
Syzygy - Realms Of Eternity [CD New] US $17.09 Buy It Now 15 days
SYZYGY - REALMS OF ETERNITY NEW CD US $23.54 Buy It Now 15 days
Joe Platz & Syzygy Percussion - Drum Power [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 16 days
Rumour Records- Technovisions CD (1993) Hardfloor/Syzygy/Top Buzz - The Best of US $14.97 Buy It Now 16 days
Realms of Eternity - Syzygy New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $25.03 Buy It Now 16 days
SYZYGY bright shining star 7" b/w ballerina (tap2) uk taptag US $8.45 Buy It Now 17 days
SYZYGY - ALLEGORY OF LIGHT NEW CD US $25.33 Buy It Now 17 days
ECLECTRO- The Best of Drum n Bass/Breakbeat 2-CD (DJ Trace/Roots Manuva/Syzygy) US $8.65 Buy It Now 19 days
Ura Ura ?- .,. (Ten-Chong-Ten) Syzygy Records ?- SZY009CD Techno, IDM US $40.31 Buy It Now 20 days
A.M.P. Studio : Syzygy CD (1998) US $2.05 Buy It Now 22 days
JOE PLATZ & SYZYGY PERCUSSION - DRUM POWER NEW CD US $21.38 Buy It Now 23 days
Secret Life Of Trance 6 RARE Rising High RSN UK 2xCD LISTEN Caspar Pound Syzygy US $3.74 Buy It Now 23 days
SYZYGY Jazz LP Zeitlin, Marsh, Harris 1750 ARCH RECORDS US $21.00 Buy It Now 24 days
Secret Life Of Trance 2xCD MINT Electro / Syzygy LISTEN US $9.74 Buy It Now 24 days
Syzygy / Hypnotist / Air Liquide / Secret Life Of Trance Rising High 2xCD LISTEN US $14.24 Buy It Now 26 days
Jammin' Unit / Phobia / X-911 / Air Liquide / Kibu / Syzygy / Baby Doc 2xCD MINT US $14.24 Buy It Now 27 days
Chill Out Or Die II - RARE OOP 1994 UK Rising High 2CD Ambient LISTEN Syzygy US $37.49 Buy It Now 27 days
TARFALA TRIO / Mats Gustafsson / Barry Guy / Raymond Strid -SYZYGY- 2xLP no 7" US $35.00 Buy It Now 27 days
1750 Arch Jazz Fusion LP SYZYGY DENNY ZEITLIN George Marsh Ratzo Harris US $19.99 Buy It Now 27 days

More places to buy SYZYGY music online Buy SYZYGY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SYZYGY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SYZYGY A Glorious Disturbance ratings distribution

SYZYGY A Glorious Disturbance reviews

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
5 stars There are times, not often it has to be said, that I open a package and can't wait to get the music onto the player as I am so excited just by the content that I already know that this is going to be something special. The first thing out of the envelope was an A4 loose leaf folder which is packed full of biographies, photos, and stacks of information. There is one page just dedicated to the comments from a certain Mr. Steve Hackett who contacted the band regarding their album 'Realms of Eternity' saying "It's beautifully written and recorded and easily the best I've ever been given to listen to" and "I usually hope for a masterpiece everytime I play an unknown quantity (to me) but this is the only time the dream has been fully delivered" among other comments. Now, unlike Steve I am aware of Syzygy and Witsend but even I wasn't prepared for what was next out of the envelope, a double Digipak of their new album. When I looked more closely I discovered that was I had in my hands was a triple disc live set, with two DVDs and a CD plus a small fold-out booklet with loads of pics. I mean, for heaven's sake, this is a band that does it all on their own with no record label support, yet have produced one of the finest live releases I have ever come across. And at this point I had yet to put in on the player!!!!!

So, being the contrary person I am, I went for the third disc first which is actually the CD. Now, rock vocalist Mark Boals sings for these guys, but they are primarily an instrumental act although he does appear with them both live and in the studio, so there are always long instrumental passages which gives them the chance to stretch their wings, and they definitely take the opportunity. Classic symphonic prog, through neo-prog, fusion as they toy with jazz styles, melodic rock, great harmony vocals, keyboard/guitar interplay, it's all here as all the guys demonstrate what incredible musicians they all are. To be honest, I would have raved about this album if there was only just the one CD, let alone having two other concerts to watch, interviews and discussions etc. There are three hours of DVD and well over an hour on the CD, and if you have yet to come across this incredible band then you need to right that wrong now and visit www.syzygymusic.com for more information.

The only reason that I give this five out of five is that I'm not allowed to give it more.

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#921677) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 02, 2013

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
5 stars I Had A Vision Of Waging A Fight ...

... when SYZYGY appeared in 2012 with this highly appraised live document. Oh, it really took time - I mean listening 20 or 30 times (in total or partially) at least - until it totally clicked. A perfect album, thus I've problems to find the right words. Man! This sounds as if they were gigging all over the year (just like Umphrey's McGee maybe, for your guidance). So much the more surprising this is, when you consider, that lead vocalist Mark Boals is not even listed as a regular band member. And I don't expect that they have post processed a lot here. Tricky compositions, musicianship and interaction is absolutely flawless, a proper sound mix - there's really nothing to gripe about, no way.

By accident - with best thanks to the progstreaming website - I came in touch with this band. The nine songs, put on the live CD, were caught in 2009 respectively 2010 on two different US festivals - fine melodic progressive rock, provided with respectable symphonic touch, though some popular and jazzy moments are also offered. Not being aware of their studio output, it's not up to me to ponder over the song selection - in any case you'll find two nice acoustic guitar driven and more mainstream oriented pieces called Circadian Rhythm and Beggar's Tale - but predominantly this is rocking with some valuable heaviness, as one would expect from an impressive live occasion.

To name some of the (very very) exceptional songs, I'll start with Mount Ethereal - originally recorded under the moniker Witsend during their very early times. They let it flow including an improv solo section, the piano and guitar appearance is brilliant. Dreams shines with polyphonic vocals, a gripping affair while continuously alternating pace and mood, heavily rocking and charming moments, this based on lengthy instrumental activity. In between they are on the way to The Coronation with some Deep Purple touch (vocals above all).

'I'm The Master Of The House You Live' - M.O.T.H. - it all starts with a little pun ... and ends with the absolute highlight lately. This extended song sums up all their qualities. The symphonic orientation, melody, trickiness, variety, joy of playing ... obviously they have the rock in their DNA ... and even more. There's a fusion touched interlude to detect due to piano and guitar solo interaction. Eh ....I think that's it for almost all the positive attributes which are on hand at the moment ... oh, wait, I just experienced a glorious disturbance ...

... I adore the guitar solos, the wonderful vocal harmonies - lyrics are provided by guitarist Carl Baldassarre by the way. With keyboarder Sam Guinta on his side he's currently writing on new studio material. Those who like to hear stuff from bands like Saga, Salem Hill, IZZ, The Flower Kings will feel comfortable here, are in good hands at least ... I'm really excited anyhow, pretty much in the same way when I stumbled upon Big Big Train's 'The Underfall Yard'. Highly recommended - you can't get enough of a good thing - simply a masterpiece!

Send comments to Rivertree (BETA) | Report this review (#942787) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 11, 2013

Review by Windhawk
5 stars US band SYZYGY was formed in 2003, but with a past history going back to the 1990's and a band then called Witsend. They released their first album as Syzygy in 2003, and six years later their so far most recent studio album "Realms of Eternity" appeared. Towards the end of 2012 their so far most recent release appeared, a massive box set consisting of two DVDs and one CD, featuring concert footage and extensive interviews with the band. And as with their previous creations, self-released through the band's own label.

"A Glorious Disturbance" is a box-set that merits a description as glorious. Good quality live video footage, excellent quality live audio footage, and a separate special features DVD with insightful and interesting sections. There's a lot of value for money here, and the sheer quality of the band shines through on all the material features. A certain fondness for sophisticated 70's hard rock in general is required, as well as a taste for progressive rock from the same decade. A band that should appeal broadly, with a possible key audience those who have Deep Purple, Genesis and ELP side by side in their music collection.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#998729) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 15, 2013

Review by ProgShine
COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions and Crossover Team
5 stars Projects like this one always make me feel good about music! Bands like Syzygy play their music for love and they know that if they do it with quality they can release boxes like A Glorious Disturbance (2012).

Syzygy is an American band and we all know that the USA doesn't have a great tradition within Progressive music. Here's a band trying to defy that! In fact, it is a bit weird to have a band like Syzygy, that has only 3 studio albums, to release a massive triple live package with CD and 2 DVDs. But maybe because the story of the band goes back 20 years ago this makes this release a special gift for fans and for the band itself!

A Glorious Disturbance (2012) was released towards the end of 2012 and shows us the band in 2 different concerts: 3RP Festival that took place in 2009 when the band was releasing their album Realms Of Eternity (2009); and Day Of Prog Festival that happened in 2010.

The audio on the CD version was brilliantly recorded and the band formed by Carl Baldassarre (guitar and vocals), Sam Giunta (keyboards), Paul Mihacevich (drums and percussion), Al Rolik (bass) and the special guest Mark Boals (vocals), was sharp as a new knife! Syzygy plays with passion and perfection. 'Mount Ethereal' is a modern Prog classic and you can hear why in this version!

The first DVD contains the 2 full concerts. In the 2009 show they had multiple cameras filming and you can actually see how much the band enjoyed the show! In the 2010 concert they had a big screen on the stage and again numerous cameras. Both concerts are simply filmed but very professionally and you have a great sound and many details! 'Circadian Rhythm' is such an amazing song in the DVD set. To close wonderfully the DVD, after over an hour of great Syzygy material they close with 2 cover songs: 'In The Dead Of The Night (UK) and 'Burn' (Deep Purple). On the last one Mark Boals does such an amazing job with the vocals! Just amazing!

Now, the live content is just amazing and alone they are worth the box, but I admit that my favorite disc is the third one, with the special features. I always love special features on DVDs. There's a round table with the band members where they tell us their own story bit by bit. Just great! We also have a big interview with band leader Carl Baldassarre, a kind of making off with the process of writing their previous album, which is just astonishing, and also an interview with singer Mark Boals.

A Glorious Disturbance (2012) is the best business card for a band ever! If you're a fan this is a must have, if you're new to the band it's also a must have and finally if you're into Prog at all this is a huge must have! And if you ever wondered where all the great Prog bands have gone? Syzygy is your answer! So, what you're waiting for!?!?

Highly recommended!

(Originally posted on progshine.net)

Send comments to ProgShine (BETA) | Report this review (#1156161) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 31, 2014

5 stars Finally,our beloved band managed to release this ambitious project-a triple album,charged with 2 DVDs and a great LIVE cd...a dream that comes true,a great achievement for this extremelly talanted band-one of the surest values of the American prog rock scene -crossover prog-or I don't know how ... (read more)

Report this review (#895046) | Posted by Ovidiu | Friday, January 18, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I am in a unique position to review this CD/DVD set because I had the pleasure of attending both of the featured concerts. As a person who was there in person I can say that the DVD and the CD both do a great job of capturing the events, and they bring back some very good memories for me. This ... (read more)

Report this review (#891110) | Posted by Pink Freud | Friday, January 11, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars You never get a second chance to make a first impression; Syzygy's new DVD/CD release, "A Glorious Disturbance" delivers the goods to Syzygy fans, both visually and sonically. Beginning with the DVD package itself, the cover artwork visually invites the listener to dig deep into this masterpie ... (read more)

Report this review (#884746) | Posted by ertlk24 | Sunday, December 30, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars OK - I have to address this nagging thought that keeps recurring in my brain: "Is this the modern-day Yessongs?" Yeah, I know - my lifelong respect for that sacred live triple-vinyl album keeps shutting down any inkling that Syzygy's "A Glorious Disturbance" could possibly stand beside it. ... (read more)

Report this review (#877945) | Posted by Squire Jaco | Tuesday, December 18, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SYZYGY "A Glorious Disturbance"