THE CLARITY OF CHAOS

Pravda The Clarity Of Chaos album cover

Buy PRAVDA Music
Studio Album, released in 2012

1. Second Hand (13:53)
2. Colors Of The Moon (10:13)
3. Fall Across The Sky (9:12)
4. Chaos & Clarity (12:26)
5. A Hint Of Grey (8:07)
6. A Brief Awakening (19:03)

Search PRAVDA The Clarity Of Chaos lyrics

Search PRAVDA The Clarity Of Chaos tabs

- K.C. Thomsen / synths, keyboards, Hammond, piano
- Dave Thomas / drums, percussion, vocals
- John Redfield / guitars, bass, vocals
- Tom Svanoe / bass (touring)

Label: Sonus West Records
Released December 21, 2012

Thanks to rushfan4 for the addition
and to progshine for the last updates

PRAVDA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PRAVDA The Clarity Of Chaos Music

(Pravda) 2013
L'ouest E327L'ouest E327
PID 2007
Not a Food by Cheer-Accident (CD, Feb-1996, Pravda Records) US $0.99 [0 bids]
TUBLATANKA Pravda vitazi CD 1996 Monitor metalinda vitacit citron arakain US $44.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Green "REM" 7-inch single (Pravda) US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightclub [EP] [Digipak] by Andre Williams (CD, 2012, Pravda Records) US $8.06 Buy It Now 1 day
THE SHY STRANGERS; INDIAN NAME / 1986 Alternative Rock on Pravda PR-2616 in EX+ US $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
sealed indie power pop rock EP Claude Pate Situation Ames Iowa State Pravda 1986 US $8.98 Buy It Now 1 day
20 Explosive Dynamic Super Smash Hit Explosions! by Various Artists Pravda US $8.80 [0 bids]
The New Duncan Imperials - Feeling Sexy! SEALED 7" single PRAVDA Records US $17.99 [0 bids]
Happy Birthday Bitch [Digipak] * by The Ruiners (CD, 2010, Pravda Records) US $0.99 [0 bids]
The C*NTS A Decade Of Fun 1978 - 88 LP punk KBD Pravda Records hardcore US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Cheer Accident Not a Food CD, Feb-1996, Pravda Records US $5.95 [0 bids]
The Slugs - Non-Stop Holiday LP - Pravda - Rock US $10.27 Buy It Now 3 days
Happy Birthday Bitch [Digipak] * by The Ruiners (CD, 2010, Pravda Records) US $2.25 Buy It Now 3 days
Fort Fun by Slugs (The) (CD, Sep-1992, Pravda Records) US $1.00 [0 bids]
Extendagenda by V.I.E.W. (CD, Dec-1991, Pravda Records) US $1.00 Buy It Now 4 days
CD- Frantic Flattops- Cheap Women, Cheap Booze, Cheaper Thrills- Pravda PR6365 US $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Parlez-Vous Francais? by Willie Wisely Trio (CD, Apr-1995, Pravda Records) US $0.99 [0 bids]
CHICAGO'S LOST CAUSE S/T 1987 Pravda LP Record Combine Shipping NM/NM- US $4.50 [0 bids]
Susan Voelz "13 Ribs" 1993 Pravda Used CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The New Duncan Imperials "We're In A Band" 1993 Pravda Used CD EP US $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Ruiners: Happy Birthday Bitch [Digipak] *(CD, Jan-2010, Pravda Records) US $6.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Life's Story by Javelin Boot (CD, Pravda Records US $5.90 Buy It Now 5 days
Pravda-Walking Through Walls CD NEW US $13.17 Buy It Now 6 days
Guys and Dolls by Rex Daisy (CD, Nov-1996, Pravda Records) US $5.99 [0 bids]
PRAVDA - MONOPHOBIC NEW CD US $18.69 Buy It Now 7 days
Date Course Pentagon Pravda Japan Vinyl 12" DCPRG Naruyoshi Kikuchi Rei Harakami US $79.99 Buy It Now 8 days
CLAUDE PATE situation 12" EP Mint- PR-2617 Pravda Chicago 1986 Record US $11.25 Buy It Now 8 days
Loserville by New Duncan Imperials (Cassette, Apr-1995, Pravda Records) US $5.99 Buy It Now 8 days
ANDRE WILLIAMS & THE DIPLOMATS OF SOLID SOUND Aphrodisiac CD NEW PROMO PRAVDA US $15.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Fort Fun by The Slugs (CD, Sep-1992, Pravda Records) US $3.75 Buy It Now 9 days
Vladimir Vysotsky/New Sound/ISmeshno ne pravda li smeshno.. CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 10 days
13 Ribs by Susan Voelz (CD, 1993, Pravda Records) US $3.75 Buy It Now 10 days
The Melismatics - Mania (2012, CD) Pravda Records US $8.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Various Artists Pravda Records Compilation CD US $5.38 Buy It Now 10 days
GREEN "Elaine MacKenzie" - 1987 Pravda Records Lp 6330 US $8.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Gringo by Gringo (CD, Sep-1995, Pravda Records) US $5.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Purple Girlfriend * by The Goldstars (CD, May-2006, Pravda Records) US $5.21 Buy It Now 11 days
Gotta Get Out! by The Goldstars (CD, Nov-2003, Pravda Records) US $7.46 Buy It Now 11 days
Pravda - Monophobic [CD New] US $13.06 Buy It Now 12 days
Pravda - Walking Through Walls CD US $14.98 Buy It Now 13 days
The New Duncan Imperials 7" Feelin Sexy PRAVDA US $25.00 Buy It Now 13 days
PRAVDA, Kike/BEN SIMS - Scared - 12" US $17.29 Buy It Now 14 days
We're in a Band [EP] by New Duncan Imperials (CD, Pravda Records) US $2.25 Buy It Now 14 days
The Schwa Sound by Javelin Boot (CD, Pravda Records) US $3.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Pravda - Walking Through Walls [CD New] US $11.46 Buy It Now 14 days
PRAVDA - WALKING THROUGH WALLS NEW CD US $16.50 Buy It Now 14 days
PRAVDA - CLARITY OF CHAOS NEW CD US $20.86 Buy It Now 15 days
FARMERS flames of love LP 13 track (pr6334) canadian pravda 1989 US $8.15 Buy It Now 15 days
Parlez-Vous Francais? by Willie Wisely Trio (CD, Apr-1995, Pravda Records) US $2.25 Buy It Now 16 days
Guys and Dolls by Rex Daisy (CD, Nov-1996, Pravda Records) US $5.96 Buy It Now 16 days
Pravda - Clarity Of Chaos [CD New] US $15.05 Buy It Now 17 days
ELAINE MACKENZIE - GREEN LP PR-6330 PRAVDA US $14.98 Buy It Now 17 days
EXC/NM LP~The SHY STRANGERS~Indian Name~{OG 1986 PRAVDA Issue]~Alternative Rock~ US $11.90 Buy It Now 18 days
PRECIOUS WAX DRIPPINGS Rayon 7" EP pic sleeve Pravda US $7.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Myllaerit : Eta Pravda CD US $2.07 Buy It Now 19 days
Monophobic - Pravda New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $20.48 Buy It Now 20 days
FARMERS - Flames of Love LP SEALED '89 Pravda US $9.99 Buy It Now 20 days
THE SERVICE Head vs. War vinyl LP 1990 Sealed pravda SS US $38.00 Buy It Now 20 days
THIRTEEN NIGHTMARES Shit Ride LP Pravda SEALED US $14.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Pravda - Clarity Of Chaos CD Pop Rock US $18.29 Buy It Now 24 days
V/A STAR POWER! CD NEW VARIOUS COMP PROMO PRAVDA SOUTHERN CULTURE ON THE SKIDS US $14.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Pravda - Incinerator - U.S. PROMO dvd rom - RARE! US $9.98 Buy It Now 25 days
Walking Through Walls - Pravda New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $18.53 Buy It Now 26 days
Green - "REM" 45 Vinyl Single - Chicago Power Pop - Pravda Records US $19.99 Buy It Now 27 days
THE CIVIL TONES Soul Bucket CD NEW SS POP ROCK PRAVDA PROMO US $13.66 Buy It Now 27 days
3x PRAVDA v/a Indie Rock 70's K-TEL Mega Smash Hits! '91-95 SMOASP FSTBX SCOTS + US $27.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Clarity of Chaos - Pravda New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $22.43 Buy It Now 28 days
Star Power / Various Artists [Pravda Southern Culture Silos Chestnutt Voelz] US $3.00 Buy It Now 29 days
modernfaces - Pravda scrolls / Cynical brother Promo CD Single US $5.45 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy PRAVDA music online Buy PRAVDA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PRAVDA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PRAVDA The Clarity Of Chaos ratings distribution

PRAVDA The Clarity Of Chaos reviews

Review by ProgShine
COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions and Crossover Team
3 stars Pravda's is an American band formed in the early 2000's. Their new album was released last December 21st and it is called The Clarity Of Chaos (2012), the album is a thematic concept work about our short time here on the planet Earth.

Pravda's music follows the Progressive Metal pathway but with a lighter tone. The band was a trio when they recorded the album with KC Thomsen (keyboards), Dave Thomas (drums) and John Redfield (guitars, bass and vocals). Now the band also has Tom Svanoe (bass) in the line-up. The Clarity Of Chaos (2012) was recorded at Sonus West and Sonus East Studios and produced by the band itself. This is the band's 4th album.

'Second Hand' starts the CD with quite a good work. The longest track on the album has many moods, rapid passages, Dream Theater kind of keyboards from time to time and a good vocal line. The second track 'Color Of The Moon' starts as an Indian piece of music and soon a very frantic and weird electronic part follows. Then the track keeps a calm, contemplative pace. But very often the electronic Indian music returns.

'Fall Across The Sky' has a syncopated rhythm, almost a jam kind of track. Nice bass line tough. 'Chaos & Clarity' is a bit Prog Metal clich', symphonic keyboards in the background, heavy riff on the guitar and bass and a straight forward drum track. The interesting move on the track are the vocals full of effects in the intro and the change for the acoustic guitar soon after that and a wave of vocals, the best bit of the album really. 'A Hint Of Grey' and 'A Brief Awakening' close the album.

The Clarity Of Chaos (2012) is a good album with many interesting moments, but not a breakthrough. Also the length of the tracks makes the album a bit tiresome. 72 minutes in 6 tracks is a bit too much. But it's the first time the band recorded an album of this kind so I guess they're finding their way. When it comes to the production the band is ok, but in the song crafting I found some of the arrangements a bit raw, especially in the instrumental solos field. Pravda's music will be enjoyed by Prog Metal fans who also like the lighter side of the subgenre.

(Originally posted on progshine.net)

Send comments to ProgShine (BETA) | Report this review (#966326) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Review by Windhawk
4 stars US band PRAVDA was formed sometime around year 2000, and started releasing their music in 2003. With minor line-up alterations as something of a key band issue throughout they have still managed to continue recording material, and have four full length studio efforts to date. "The Clarity of Chaos" is the most recent of these, issued in late December 2012.

To some extent I can repeat some of the comments I made about Pravda's previous album: Pravda is an adventurous band seeking out many different musical territories, and while they may not create the most groundbreaking, challenging music, their eclectic blend of different styles does cross borders many other acts leave well alone. I'll add in that the current version of the band has opted to explore a somewhat more inviting variety of this kind of music on their latest album, with a highly enticing, smooth sound and compositions featuring vocal passages as well. Before partially repeating my final statement from a few years back: those who find it satisfying to experience bands that like to take chances, and who usually enjoy a CD that can't be described as belonging to any particular genre, should consider themselves a key audience for this band.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#1007363) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 28, 2013

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
3 stars This is my first experience of Pravda, although this is their fourth full-length album and was released in 2012. At the time they were just a trio, and all three of them supply vocals with harmonies being an important part of their style. In fact, there are times when they remind me of classic Gentle Giant, although the music itself is not nearly as complex as that of the classic Seventies act. The more I worked my way through the album I felt that they have possibly been inspired more by Spock's Beard, who of course were inspired by GG, as there is quite a lot within their music that could sit within the more melodic, and less overtly progressive, of that band's music. As I started listening to this I was trying to decide in my mind of that was a five star album or a four star, so I was somewhat surprised to discover that the more I played it the less I actually liked it. There are loads of great sections on this album, and the vocals are really good, while musically they are all on the top of their game, but there is something about this that just really doesn't do it for me and for the life of me I can't work out why. Each time I play it I find myself doubting my own views as I really enjoy it but the more I get through the more I feel that I really want to be playing something else. That's just not the normal reaction for me on any album.

Melodic, symphonic, very American but with some British influences, this is a prog band that sometimes veers into the prog metal territory without fully being a prog metal act. They have some wonderful songs, some great vocals, but to my ears they might have been better off using an external producer as some songs such as "Second Hand" could have done with some judicious editing. They are worth hearing, but this album just doesn't really do it for me, although I feel that it should.

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#1215197) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 19, 2014

Post a review of PRAVDA "The Clarity Of Chaos"