BERITS HALSBAND

Buy BERITS HALSBAND Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Myror I Köket (11:45)
2. Elhamokk (9:45)
3. Halvvägs Hildur (19:00)
4. Flaxöras Hemliga Återkomst (8:40)

Search BERITS HALSBAND Berits Halsband lyrics

- Tommy Adolfsson / trumpet
- Bengt Ekevärn / trumpet

FOL LP 1

Thanks to historian9 for the addition

BERITS HALSBAND MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BERITS HALSBAND Berits Halsband Music

More places to buy BERITS HALSBAND music online Buy BERITS HALSBAND & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

BERITS HALSBAND Berits Halsband ratings distribution

BERITS HALSBAND Berits Halsband reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
4 stars 3.5 stars really!!!

A Swedish 70's JR/F septet that produced (to my knowledge) only one sole self-titled and self-released album in 75. BH's line-up is the usual "prog quartet" with three wind players - two trumpets and a flute, none of which members I've recognised in similar Scandinavian bands of the era. The album is made from four lengthy instrumental steamy upbeat fusion pieces, sometimes reminiscent of Secret Oyster (with wind instruments) or Arbete Och Fritid project. Apparently recorded live in the studio on a two-track tape, the album is a small tour-de-force, since nothing could be modified and there are no weak moments.

The opening 11-mis+ Miror I Koket features some steamy electric fusion, with a slower flute section, some Spanish-sounding trumpet section. The calmer (at first) 18-mis+ Flaxoras track sounds more like a cross-fusion of Headhunters and Mwandishi, with some broody moods, but it never reaches the dissonant of the latter or the funkiness of the former. Lindgren's Rhodes is the sonic centre of this long soundscape, which veers slowly Bitches-like around the end. The album-closing 8-mins Halvags Hinder opens on semi-dissonant slow Rhodes and chimes and bells, but drums, bass and guitar gradually come in, before the three winds make their entrance by the 3-mis mark. It gradually picks up intensity and speeds up only to drop out slowly to its end.

I'm not aware of this album having ever seen a reissue, whether vinyl or CD, but if you do find one, or the original vinyl, don't hesitate a second forking out a few bucks, because every fusion fan will find it a worthy investment, if not a must-have. Certainly one of Sweden's best JR/F album ever? and not just IMHO ;o)))

4 stars 4.5 stars. Man this album really speaks to me with that melancholic vibe and the strong jazz flavour. It's pretty cool that multi- instrumentlist Tommy Adolfsson from ARCHIMEDES BADKAR is here playing trumpet but we also get another trumpet player plus a sax man. The flute, guitar and trumpet tend to lead the way here and the guitar really adds a lot to the sound in my opinion along with the electric piano with this nine piece band.

"Myror I Koket" is such a great opener starting off slow with clashing cymbals and a bass line before the drums and guitar join in as it slowly builds. The electric piano sounds really good as it joins in as well. A horn comes in soloing over top then he stops as the guitar takes a turn 3 1/2 minutes in. I really enjoy the sound here. It settles back 5 1/2 minutes in as the flute joins in. The guitar starts to make some noise before 7 minutes as the flute continues. Just tripping along here then it picks up again after 10 1/2 minutes with horns leading the way.

"Elhamokk" is the only song that doesn't do much for me. It's different from the rest in that it's uptempo and brighter but I prefer the Swedish melancholy of the other three tracks. Flute, horns, bass and drums to start but it's that horn led melody that I'm not into that comes and goes. The best part for me is when the flute leads 7 minutes in with the drums and electric piano shining for me as well. That horn led melody is back quickly though to end it.

"Halvvags Hildur" is almost 19 minutes of amazing music bringing Miles Davis to mind. A bass intro as cymbals and atmospheric keys help out. It kicks in around a minute with drums. Great sound as the flute also joins in. A definite Miles vibe here. Horns at 2 1/2 minutes then the guitar kicks in sounding incredible soloing over top. Trumpet before 5 1/2 minutes as we trip along. Check it out 8 1/2 minutes in, so good! The electric piano starts to lead then it trades off with the guitar before 11 minutes. A change 12 minutes in as it seems like they are starting over again. Bass and drums lead as the flute comes in. Horns replace the flute as the electric piano also joins in. I love the guitar after 14 minutes as well and every time it shows up the rest of the way.

"Flaxoras Hemliga Aterkommst" reminds me of the opening track with that Swedish melancholy. Atmosphere, cymbals and a bass line to start then the horns come in blasting over top as the flute also helps out. Love that constant bass line though. The guitar comes and goes as well. Love the mood here and the way the lead instruments keep taking turns leading.

Without that one song I'd be giving this 5 stars for sure. I'm just a sucker for melancholic music with a jazz flavour. I'm so impressed with this release. It was re-issued on cd in 2015 by the way. A must!

3 stars Lovers of jazz rock and fusion, this is the perfect record for you! Berits halsband was a Sweidsh ensemble which only did one studio record back in the year 1975. Before listening to this I was a little skeptical (much beacuse of that fusion isn't my favourite genre) but after listening I mus ... (read more)

Report this review (#974826) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Monday, June 10, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BERITS HALSBAND "Berits Halsband"