HOW MUCH ARE YOU WILLING TO FORGET?

Flicker

4. Breathless (8:20)
5. Intro (4:48)
6. Go (2:59)
7. Falling Down (6:35)
8. Is This Real Life (6:35)
9. Every Where Face (4:37)

Total time 54:08

Search FLICKER How Much Are You Willing To Forget? lyrics

Search FLICKER How Much Are You Willing To Forget? tabs

- Ellis Mordecai / vocals, guitars
- Andrew Day / guitars
- Peter Coussens / bass
- Vaughan Abrey / drums

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

FLICKER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FLICKER How Much Are You Willing To Forget? Music

How Much Are You Willing To Forget?How Much Are You Willing To Forget?
Flicker

More places to buy FLICKER music online Buy FLICKER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FLICKER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FLICKER How Much Are You Willing To Forget? ratings distribution

FLICKER How Much Are You Willing To Forget? reviews

Review by horza
4 stars Excellent album from a band I confess I don't know that much about. Their hometown is Aylesbury and they have been performing and recording for over ten years. The 'interweb' revealed their influences to be Radiohead, Pink Floyd and Incubus. This album was released in January of 2013 and features 9 tracks. The album cover is striking and is pretty 'prog' to me. Can you tell a band is prog by the cover? I think album covers sometimes reveal intent, and to this extent I wasn't disappointed. The band is comprised of Ellis Mordecai (great name!) on guitar/vocals, Andrew Day on guitar, Peter Coussens on bass and Vaughan Abrey on drums. Mordecai and Coussens apparently have a musical connection dating back to the late 90's.

The album opens strongly with 'Out There'. It features piano, so someone uncredited plays keyboards on this album. Mordecai's vocals remind me of John Young from Lifesigns. I must say it is pleasing to see yet another album from a band I like as much as Lifesigns. It's nice to know there is still life in the old prog genre. This band would fit nicely alongside Steven Wilson. The melodies are well-structured and weave in and out intricately. The second song 'My Empty Head' demonstrates a confidence and surehandedness which reminds me very much of aforementioned Mr. Wilson. 'Counting Time' is a mid-tempo song which reminds me of early Floyd in places. I really like Mordecai's vocals on this song. 'Breathless' begins with a nice spanish-style acoustic guitar section. There is a sublimal 'Hotel California' motif (check it for yourself and see if I'm right) and then the vocals kick in. This is a great song and the longest track here. The lyrics are thoughtful and intelligent. Thank god - I like a good lyric - it even helps when they are thought-provoking. If Steven Wilson has enough on his plate, a great double bill would be a tour featuring Flicker and Lifesigns. Just a thought. 'Intro' is next - a stacatto instrumental heralding the excellent track 'Go', which is my favourite on the album. The guitar phrasing is excellent and the song again features pleasant, unstrained vocals from Ellis Mordecai. The next three tracks are solid and, all in all, I would like to recommend this album to those of you who have yet to check them out. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Send comments to horza (BETA) | Report this review (#949526) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 25, 2013

5 stars Rarely these days does an album demand attention in the way that Flickers 'How much are you willing to forget' does. I can't remember the last album I bought that was so engaging. Whilst there are plenty of female rock acts making genuinely interesting music at the moment, this is the first ... (read more)

Report this review (#975859) | Posted by Martin Mankind | Tuesday, June 11, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A collection of very strong crossover Prog songs with wonderful melodies, great structural and instrumental hooks in the vein of PORCUPINE TREE, AIRBAG, PINK FLOYD, and even a little bit of THE WHO. 2. "Go" (3:02) (7/10) takes me back to the 70s Fripp-assisted work of Peter Gabriel or Brian En ... (read more)

Report this review (#965585) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Monday, May 27, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FLICKER "How Much Are You Willing To Forget?"