ALL IS ONE

Studio Album, released in 2013

1. All Is One (4:30)
2. The Simple Man (4:54)
3. Brother (4:56)
4. Let the Truce Be Known (5:31)
5. Through Fire and Water (4:09)
6. Fail (6:03)
7. Freedom (3:18)
8. Shama'im (3:56)
9. Ya Benaye (4:37)
10. Our Own Messiah (5:21)
11. Children (7:09)

Bonus on the special double edition:
12. As I Stare At The Ocean Alone (6:15)
13. All Is One (Turkish version) (4:32)
14. Children (With Arabic Chorus) (7:08)

DVD:
1. Creating All Is One - Documentary (34:14)
2. Video Art Clip - In Thy Never Ending Way (04:51)
3. Video Art Clip - Vayehi Or (02:40)
4. Video Art Clip - M I (03:26)
5. Video Art Clip - Bereft In The Abyss (02:44)
6. Studio Clip - Brother (05:00)
7. Studio Clip - Freedom (02:40)

Search ORPHANED LAND All Is One lyrics

Search ORPHANED LAND All Is One tabs

- Kobi Farhi / vocals
- Yossi Sassi / guitars, backing vocals & middle eastern strings
- Chen Balbus / guitars
- Uri Zelcha / bass
- Matan Shmuely / drums

CD Century Media 9983522 (UK & Europe) (June 24, 2013)
2xLP Century Media 9983521 (UK & Europe) (2013)
2xLP Century Media 9983521 (USA & Canada) (July 1, 2013)
CD Avalon MICP-11102 (Japan) (June 19, 2013)
CD+DVD Century Media 9052-2 (US) (June 24, 2013)
CD+DVD Scarecrow Records SR07924 (Mexico) (June 24, 2013)
CD+DVD Century Media 9983520 (UK & Europe) (June 24, 2013)

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to The Bearded Bard for the last updates

ORPHANED LAND MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ORPHANED LAND All Is One Music

SaharaSahara
Holy Records France 2007
Norra AlilaNorra Alila
Holy Records France 2008
The Beloved s Cry - 20th Anniversary EditionThe Beloved s Cry - 20th Anniversary Edition
End Of The Light 2012
Road to Or Shalem: DeluxeRoad to Or Shalem: Deluxe
PID 2011
Never Ending Way Of OrwarriorNever Ending Way Of Orwarrior
101 DISTRIBUTION 2010
Ararat (10Ararat (10" Vinyl)
ORPHANED LAND Mabool: The Story Of The Three Sons 2 CD US $10.89 Buy It Now 38m 1s
MELECHESH-PATCH LOGO ABSU ARAFEL ORPHANED LAND CULT RAR US $6.66 Buy It Now 8h 35m
ORPHANED LAND all is one ( bran new 2013) US $8.89 Buy It Now 22h 43m
YOSSI SASSI - DESERT BUTTERFLIES CD DIGI NEW orphaned land gus marty myrath US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RAJNA Heady Wine Of Praise RARE ORG CD DIGIPACK 2001 Orphaned Land Septic Flesh US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ORPHANED LAND El Norra Alila CD Digipack ORG 1st Press 96 Holy Records Moonspell US $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ARAFEL-PATCH LOGO BISHOP OF HEXEN ARALLU ORPHANED LAND US $6.66 Buy It Now 1 day
ORPHANED LAND**BELOVEDS CRY (20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION/BONUS TRACKS)**CD US $8.82 Buy It Now 1 day
SALEM - Necessary Evil (CD 2007) Limited Edition Slipcase sealed Orphaned Land US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ORPHANED LAND sahara CD ORG 1st Press HOLY RECORDS 1994 HOLY07CD US $39.00 Buy It Now 2 days
All Is One [VINYL] Orphaned Land Vinyl US $35.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Orphaned Land - Never Ending Way Of The Orwarrior (Tour Edition) [CD New] US $22.43 Buy It Now 2 days
Orphaned Land - Road To Or Shalem [CD New] US $23.07 Buy It Now 2 days
ORPHANED LAND ALL IS ONE MEDIA BOOK CD+DVD LTD EDITION SIGNED FREE REG SHIP US $69.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Holy Records- The Holy Bible compilation cd Septic Flesh, Elend, Orphaned Land US $9.99 [0 bids]
Orphaned Land - Mabool Double Vinyl Clear LP - Limited to 500 Prog Metal US $49.99 [0 bids]
Orphaned Land ?- The Never Ending Way Of orwarrior/amorphis/Pain of Salvation US $37.99 [0 bids]
AlNamrood- Astfhl Al Tha'r CD Orphaned Land Aeternam Nile Karl Sanders Kartikeya US $5.00 [0 bids]
ORPHANED LAND - ALL IS ONE * [5051099835207] - NEW CD US $25.19 Buy It Now 3 days
The Road to Or Shalem [DVD] by Orphaned Land (DVD, Nov-2011, 2 Discs, Century... US $18.60 Buy It Now 3 days
ORPHANED LAND-ALL IS ONE-JAPAN CD F75 US $30.50 Buy It Now 3 days
El Norra Alila ORPHANED LAND + CD BONUS TRACKS ( FREE SHIPPING) US $10.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Orphaned Land-Sahara+3 RARE Digipak CD Myrath Arkan Melechesh style US $8.99 [0 bids]
ORPHANED LAND The Never Ending Way of Orwarrior CD+ DVD US $12.89 Buy It Now 4 days
Orphaned Land - Mabool [CD New] US $10.71 Buy It Now 5 days
ORPHANED LAND mabool PROMO CD The Story Of Three Sons Of Seven ISRAELI METAL US $49.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ORPHANED LAND & STEVEN WILSON The Road To Or Shalem 2 DVD US $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR by Orphaned Land (CD, Feb-2010, Century... US $12.73 Buy It Now 5 days
Mabool by Orphaned Land (CD, Apr-2004, Century Media (USA)) US $7.78 Buy It Now 5 days
ORPHANED LAND - The Beloved's beloveds Cry CD +3 Bonus US $7.48 Buy It Now 5 days
ORPHANED LAND all is one CD ( FREE SHIPPING) US $10.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ORPHANED LAND el norra alila cd ( LIMITED DIJIPACK RARE US $10.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ORPHANED LAND - THE BELOVEDS CRY - CYC083CD US $22.85 Buy It Now 6 days
Orphaned Land - All Is One [Vinyl New] US $34.99 Buy It Now 6 days
ORPHANED LAND - ALL IS ONE (UK) NEW VINYL US $44.78 Buy It Now 6 days
Mabool - Orphaned Land US $9.35 Buy It Now 6 days
ORPHANED LAND THE NEVER ENDING WAY OF ORWARRIOR DELUXE VERSION INCL. BONUS DVD US $35.00 Buy It Now 6 days
ORPHANED LAND sahara / el norra alila 2 cd US $10.99 Buy It Now 6 days
ORPHANED LAND the road to or shalem 2 DVD set! NTSC, ZONE 0! BRAND NEW US $10.85 Buy It Now 6 days
ORPHANED LAND-MABOOL CD NEW US $13.40 Buy It Now 6 days
Orphaned Land - All Is One (NEW CD) US $20.69 Buy It Now 7 days
ORPHANED LAND brother ISRAEL ISRAELI PROMO 2013 HEBREW STKR +PRESS KIT US $90.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Orphaned Land - All Is One [CD New] US $28.17 Buy It Now 7 days
MABOOL BY ORPHANED LAND (CD) US $17.51 Buy It Now 7 days
Orphaned Land -The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR CD/DVD US $49.90 Buy It Now 8 days
Orphaned Land - All Is One CD CENTURY ME US $42.21 Buy It Now 8 days
Orphaned Land - All Is One Import-UK 2 LP Vinyl Record LP US $37.50 Buy It Now 8 days
ALL IS ONE BY ORPHANED LAND (CD) US $21.37 Buy It Now 8 days
ORPHANED LAND-ALL IS ONE (HOL) CD NEW US $40.44 Buy It Now 8 days
SALEM "Kaddish" ORG cd Morbid 94,Orphaned Land,Dark Millennium US $32.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Orphaned Land - All is One CD Opeth Katatonia Amorphis Tiamat Moonspell US $14.00 Buy It Now 9 days
ORPHANED LAND all is one CD + DVD ( BRAND NEW 2013 limited ) US $12.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MOONSPELL"Under the moonspell"ORG cd Adipocere 94,Tiamat,Orphaned land US $29.99 Buy It Now 10 days
ORPHANED LAND The Beloved's Cry (20th Anniversary Edition) DIGIPAK REISSUE US $12.00 Buy It Now 10 days
KEY OF THE MOMENT - THE SWITCH CD EDEN RABIN ORPHANED LAND ENOCHIAN KEY SAD US $7.99 Buy It Now 10 days
All Is One - Orphaned Land New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $45.19 Buy It Now 10 days
All Is One - Orphaned Land New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $37.69 Buy It Now 10 days
Orphaned Land The Never Ending Way of Orwarrior cd US $8.89 Buy It Now 10 days
ORPHANED LAND sahara + 3 BONUS TRACKS CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Orphaned Land - Never Ending Way Of Orwarrior [CD New] US $15.65 Buy It Now 11 days
ASTRAL RISING "Abeona adeona" ORG cd Orphaned land US $44.99 Buy It Now 11 days
ORPHANED LAND Mabool: The Story Of The Three Sons 2 CD US $10.99 Buy It Now 12 days
ORPHANED LAND el norra alila cd US $7.99 Buy It Now 12 days
STEVEN WILSON & Orphaned Land The Road To Or Shalem live reading 3 tel aviv CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 12 days
ORPHANED LAND sahara / el norra alila 2 cd US $14.99 Buy It Now 12 days
REDOAK BEYOND HAT ISRAELISRAELI PROG METAL orphaned land DRUM THEATRE CD SEALED US $59.99 Buy It Now 13 days
ORPHANED LAND Ararat 10" inch vinyl "NEW" FREE REGISTER SHIPPING US $49.99 Buy It Now 14 days
ORPHANED LAND Mabool T-SHIRT NEW + FREE SEALED CD Mabool FREE REGISTER SHIPPING US $39.99 Buy It Now 14 days
HOLY BLOOD Shining Sun CD Ukraine Folk Metal Eluveitie Orphaned Land US $6.66 Buy It Now 14 days
ORPHANED LAND all is one CD + DVD ( BRAND NEW SEALED) US $11.89 Buy It Now 14 days
PARADISE LOST - IN REQUIEM CD my dying bride draconian orphaned land alcest US $7.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Orphaned Land - All Is One - 9983522 US $20.27 Buy It Now 15 days
Orphaned Land - All Is One NEW CD US $16.90 Buy It Now 15 days
All Is One * by Orphaned Land (CD, Jul-2013, Century Media (USA)) US $25.23 Buy It Now 15 days
All Is One * by Orphaned Land (Vinyl, Jul-2013, Century Media (USA)) US $32.02 Buy It Now 15 days
Melting Clocks Yossi Sassi Sa'aron (ORPHANED LAND AND MEGADETH MEMBERS (FREE SH US $7.32 Buy It Now 15 days
ORPHANED LAND SUPER RARE ISRAELI PROMO CD NUMBERED 149 0UT OF 667 US $99.99 Buy It Now 15 days
ORPHANED LAND ALL IS ONE 2 CD /DVD LIMITED EDITION DIGIBOOK US $24.99 Buy It Now 15 days
ISRAHELLER - METAL COMP CD SALEM ORPHANED LAND MERCENARY BETRAYER AZAZEL ISRAEL US $25.99 Buy It Now 15 days
All Is One by Orphaned Land (CD, Jun-2013, 2 Discs, Century Media (USA)) US $10.77 Buy It Now 16 days
ORPHANED LAND - THE NEVER ENDING WAY OF ORWARRIOR - NEW CD US $12.67 Buy It Now 16 days
Mabool by Orphaned Land (2 CD, Apr-2004, Century Media (USA)) US $11.99 Buy It Now 16 days
2 CDs OF:IN THE WOODS-THE HEART OF THE AGES / ORPHANED LAND- THE BELOVEDS CRY US $24.99 Buy It Now 16 days
ORPHANED LAND ALL IS ONE VINYL 2 LP 180 Gr Vinyl EU press FREE SHIP US $39.85 Buy It Now 16 days
Orphaned Land - All Is One [CD New] US $13.73 Buy It Now 16 days
ORPHANED LAND - ALL IS ONE NEW CD US $22.70 Buy It Now 16 days
ORPHANED LAND"The beloved's cry" Rare ORG cd MDMA 1999 US $22.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Orphaned Land The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR 2CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 17 days
ORPHANED LAND - Ararat (10" vinyl) US $9.49 Buy It Now 17 days
Orphaned Land - All Is One CD CENTURY MEDIA US $18.22 Buy It Now 18 days
RUDRA Rudra 1998 ORG Candlelight Melechesh Absu Orphaned Land Zemial Necrodeath US $6.99 Buy It Now 18 days
ORPHANED LAND - ALL IS ONE : Japan CD w/Obi : Promo 2013 MICP-11102 US $29.99 Buy It Now 18 days
ORPHANED LAND"Sahara" Rare ORG cd Holy records 94 US $34.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Orphaned Land - The Beloveds Cry (20th anniversary) CD 2012 digi death doom folk US $13.95 Buy It Now 18 days
ORPHANED LAND-THE NEVER ENDING WAY OF ORWARRIOR-CD-folk US $9.99 Buy It Now 18 days
INFINITE INC AS THE WITNESS COMES TO SHORE ORPHANED LAND JARBOE SWANS ISRAELI CD US $79.99 Buy It Now 19 days
ORPHANED LAND Brother Israeli Only Promo Single US $40.00 Buy It Now 19 days
Orphaned Land - All Is One NEW CD US $18.92 Buy It Now 19 days
DAGOR DAGORATH - YETZER HARA CD WINTERHORDE ORPHANED LAND AEBA MELECHESH ARALLU US $16.99 Buy It Now 19 days
ORPHANED LAND - ALL IS ONE * [5051099835221] - NEW CD US $18.49 Buy It Now 20 days

More places to buy ORPHANED LAND music online Buy ORPHANED LAND & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ORPHANED LAND DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ORPHANED LAND All Is One ratings distribution

ORPHANED LAND All Is One reviews

Review by Sagichim
COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
3 stars Not living up to the standards...

"All Is One" is Orphaned Land's fifth album, an album which is trying to keep a positive momentum and justify the good reviews the band's were getting for the past few years, placing them justifiably in the top of the most promising prog metal acts today. I'm sure the band is very proud of themselves for releasing this album, they are exactly where they want to be. As far as they are concerned they found the perfect fusion between pure ethnic material and metal music. If you were following closely their first four albums you could certainly see how the band's music and approach are slightly changing. In their two previous albums the band included a few tracks which weren't trying to be complex or to have an 8 minute of ever changing music kind of song (Sapari, norra el norra), but on the other hand trying to follow a good and strong melody. The outcome was strong songs that blended perfectly with the rest of the material giving you a break from the more challenging material. Here this approach seems to be more apparent, the songs tend to be a little more humbled, only this time they are not strong anymore. So what went wrong here? The main problem with this album, and it has a few, is simply the lack of strong material. Until recently I thought this is one band that could do no wrong, I must admit that I was terribly wrong.

When I first heard about the album and read what singer Mr. Farhi had to say about it, I thought I was in for a special treat. This album is suppose to be bigger than before, the band incorporated more than 40 musicians to help them achieve a fuller and reacher sound, the acoustic oriental parts are playing even a bigger roll than before. So how big is the change? For my taste it is very big. The songs are much more simpler, no more 8 minute songs of complex riff after riff like in their debut, and no more dark haunting atmospheres. This is evident the most in the guitar department, Yossi Sassy (who have released his first solo album last year) is playing much more power chords instead of those amazing and inventive leads he used to play. Most of the songs are trying to focus on a melody or a certain theme including an orchestral instrumentation which sometimes reminds me of what Led Zeppelin have done in their oriental 1994 No Quarter project. The acoustic parts are overall good but I'm missing the gentle beauty those same parts had in their previous album. Don't get me wrong it's not a bad album in any way, I was just expecting something much much better.

"All Is One" is the least progressive album the band have recorded and it is also the least metalic. The growling vocals have been reduced to minumum and they are almost completely gone, Farhi is often using his clean voice along with some very emotional and soulful singing, something he really developed and got very good at over the years. In spite of the album being less progressive it Still can satisfy the progressive listener due to its rich instrumentation and a few songs that can certainly be considered as prog. I won't go into each song because it will take forever, I'll just describe them in general.

Most of the songs have something in common. They are short songs (4 to 5 minutes) which follow one beautiful melody, are they among the best melodies the band have to offer? No they are certainly not. The fusion of oriental themes played by exciting and original instruments and powerful riffs is very strong, it seems the band have found the way to blend them perfectly until they are locked as one, I believe this is the reason why Kobi Farhi stated that this is Orphand Land's best album. While they did manage to do so, the songs fail to really catch and excite me. There are two songs that can evoke the older and progier songs the band have done, "Fail" and "Our Own Messiah". Not even does the album sound more oriental it also sound much more symphonic than before

In conclusion I am sad to say that this album doesn't live to its potential, it doesn't have any killer tracks or doesn't break any new ground, of course there are some really good moments every now and then, but generally I don't even remotely have the excitement I get while listening to any of their previous albums. I hope I am not witnessing one of my favorite band's decline. I would advise for newcomers to start with any of their previous albums before going into this. Even though the band have shifted gears I would be very pleased to see the rest of their fans embracing them as always, I know I do. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to Sagichim (BETA) | Report this review (#987217) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 27, 2013

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
5 stars There is no doubt that Orphaned Land are one of the most important bands in the world today, in the way that they are working hard at bringing together different people and religions who are often at war with each other. "I could never imagine in my wildest imagination that one day an Israeli band would be followed by thousands of Muslims from all over the world," says frontman Kobi Farhi, noting that Orphaned Land are the proud recipients of four Peace Awards issued by their Turkish brethren. "If we do a show in Istanbul, Turkey - which is the only Muslim country where we're allowed to play - people come all the way from Iran, Egypt, Lebanon and Jordan just to see us. These are enemies that are fighting each other coming to see us as one group of people. I'd say that historically the Jews and Arabs are brothers because we are all descendants of Abraham, but the conflict and the differences are so big that we've forgotten that. Discovering the fact that our music is the instrument to remind people that we are all one is shocking to me. I never imagined that blood enemies would open their eyes because of it. That's why the title of the album is 'All Is One'." The album was mixed by Jens Bogren (Kreator, Amon Amarth, James LaBrie, Devin Townsend Project, Opeth) and was recorded in three different countries: Israel, Turkey and Sweden. Ironically, these are countries that are Jewish, Muslim and Christian respectively, which strengthens the Orphaned Land message of unity through music. Over 40 musicians were used to flesh out the sound, including 25 choir singers and eight classical violin, viola and cello players from Turkey. When one studies the artwork, one sees that it is comprised of the symbols of Islam, Judaism and Christianity. But, all of their work would be of no use if the music wasn't worth hearing, so what is it like?

First off it is virtually impossible to describe, although they often remind me of System of a Down for some reason, as they mix metal with folk, then add in elements from symphonic and power, plus death and plenty of traditional sounds from Israel. I don't know much about Jewish music, but can hear elements that I recognise immediately. It is this flux and change of styles that make this band musically so interesting. I first became interested in Orphaned Land when I read about 'The Never Ending Way Of ORWarriOR' (which was produced by Steven Wilson), and knew that I had to grab a copy for myself and when I heard it I was just blown away. But, this new album is a step change, as they have moved far beyond what they have produced previously. This is progressive metal in the truest sense, as it is creating something that is mixing and blending from so many different styles and cultures to create something that is new and exciting, yet is always accessible and dynamic.

I fell in love with this album the very first time I played it, and repeated listens have only reinforced my view that this is truly essential. www.centurymedia.com

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#1002516) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 20, 2013

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars No fail!

Orphaned Land is back with a new album. On the first couple of listens I was somewhat disappointed, but the album quickly started to grown on me and soon I realized that it is just as satisfying as the previous The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR. Though the band's masterpiece is the brilliant Mabool - The Story Of The Three Sons Of Seven. We get a high quality and very appealing blend of Symphonic Metal, Folk Metal, and Prog Metal. I am occasionally reminded of Kamelot, occasionally of Dream Theater, and (in a special kind of indirect way) Cruachan. While Cruachan brings Celtic and Irish Folk music into a varied Metal context, Orphaned Land is doing something very similar with Jewish and Middle Eastern Folk music. Both bands also include some extreme Metal elements and mixes clean vocals (male and female) with occasional growls. They utilise a plethora of "traditional" instruments painting a rich and exotic tapestry of sound.

With All Is One I feel that the band has streamlined its style somewhat compared to earlier efforts, but without losing any of its originality or poignancy. Prog fans are bound to notice the generally shorter tracks lengths, but don't let this mislead you into thinking that they have abandoned their progressive side. The material is strong throughout and they keep it varied enough to retain the listener's interest throughout. I find the album thoroughly enjoyable and inviting repeated listens.

Overall, All Is One is an excellent addition to any collection that already includes the band's previous two albums

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#1007019) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 27, 2013

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
3 stars I confess that I've had quite the time trying to rate this album. On the one hand, this is Orphaned Land, a rather well-known group that love to bring different peoples and religions together. That is a worth cause. However, on the other hand, this is a music review. So, I need to be honest and true to my gut.

Orphaned Land is a progressive metal group from Israel that utilizes heavy guitars contrasted with beautiful Middle Eastern strings. It's a great sound, for sure. But, that's literally ALL they do! This might be one of the flattest albums I've heard in 2013, as every song is basically the same. So, while the results are beautiful, addictive, and sweeping (think a sword and sandal epic); the whole is less than its parts. What we get in the end is an album that starts out with a set of tricks, and then doesn't change a thing until the end. Yes, you will be glancing at your watch quite a bit.

Now, don't get me wrong. This album has some high points. Unfortunately, those high points are at the very beginning and at the very end. The problem is that you have to wallow through the monotony in between those two points. For example, I find "All is One" and "The Simple Man" to be awesome. The former is different than the rest of the album, and the latter is perhaps the greatest use of the bag of tricks here.

There is very little in the way of variety or variation here. "Fail" is sung entirely with harsh vox, but that is definitely not something I like (though the music in that track is great). There are also two tracks sung in a different language, but they lose my interest. So, with what little variety there is, the band just misses the mark again and again. Sure, the metal portions sound okay, and the strings sound wonderful, but I find myself just wanting to hear a Myrath album instead.

Overall, beauty and monotony clash here. The album is admittedly profound lyrically, but lacking musically and creatively. All in all, a good album, but not something I will listen to much more.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#1085848) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Review by ProgShine
COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions and Crossover Team
3 stars Orphaned Land's goal with their music is bringing together different people from different religions, specially in their native land (Israel). And this is a very noble act, it's great to have a band that really believe that their music can change the world, and in their own world it is really changing something, at a small scale, but thats how everything starts.

Said that I also have to say that for a person that is not familiar with this eternal religious conflicts is quite hard to go with the flow of the band for more than one album, and it's the third since their come back in early 00's...

I've known the band pretty much like everybody else, through the fantastic Mabool (2004), I bought that CD and was so good that I was really impressed. A band that dared to mix Progressive Metal with Israel traditional folk music? That's new for me, bring on! By the time of their The Never Ending Way Of OrWarrior (2010) I pretty much didn't pay attention on them, not sure why. With their new album, All Is One (2013), out I've got a copy of the album through Century Media to review.

Honestly, what can I say? Orphaned Land is a very good band that find a very comfortable place for themselves with their now perfected Prog Metal/Tradicional Folk music. But that's the big problem, the band I liked used to dare a bit, and in this album pretty much is so flat...

You have some growl vocals here and there, some female vocals here and there, some keyboards and string instruments playind middle eastern music on the background while the guitars, drums and bass keep the metal going. But that's it. All Is One (2013) lacks in surprise, in thrill the listener.

I think their path with this album is pretty much settled, they'll keep writing about the conflicts as long as they keep hapenning, they'll keep mixing the 2 strong elements of their music. And that is kinda sad. It become predictable.

I really hope I'm wrong and that I'll be surprised once again with their music in the future.

Send comments to ProgShine (BETA) | Report this review (#1086586) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 07, 2013

5 stars Well come on guys!!!! I can't believe that there are only two written reviews to this album and a total of 38 votes (at the time I am writing my review)...it's absurd!!! These guys deserve more attention, they are one of the most underestimated bands in the metal progressive environment and at ... (read more)

Report this review (#1005140) | Posted by victor73 | Thursday, July 25, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ORPHANED LAND "All Is One"