THE MANUSCRIPT

My Dying Bride The Manuscript album cover

Buy MY DYING BRIDE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2013

1. The Manuscript (6:24)
2. Vår gud över er (8:49)
3. A Pale Shroud of Longing (7:48)
4. Only Tears to Replace Her With (4:20)

Search MY DYING BRIDE The Manuscript lyrics

- Shaun Macgowan / Keyboards, Violin

Guest/Session:
- Shaun Taylor-Steels / Drums

EP, Peaceville Records, May 13th, 2013

Available on CD and black 180gm vinyl.

All tracks recorded during the sessions for "A Map of All Our Failures".

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

MY DYING BRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MY DYING BRIDE The Manuscript Music

Peaceville UK 2004
Turn Loose the SwansTurn Loose the Swans
Extra tracks
Peaceville 2003
My Dying Bride Meisterwerk II 9 track cd NEW! meisterwerk 2 US $7.99 Buy It Now 44m 15s
MY DYING BRIDE-Introducing.... CD NEW US $12.20 Buy It Now 7h 2m
PARADISE LOST - DRACONIAN TIMES - ORG 1995 2CD BOXSET - RARE!!!! MY DYING BRIDE US $27.05 Buy It Now 7h 31m
Ashes You Leave - The Passage Back of Life CD 1999 SEALED My Dying Bride US $3.00 [0 bids]
Woods of Ypres: ORG. Against The Seasons, KRANKENHAUS, My Dying Bride, Katatonia US $19.99 [0 bids]
Golgotha: Melancholy FIRST REPULSE, My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, US $16.99 [0 bids]
Turn Loose the Swans by My Dying Bride (CD, Aug-2003, Peaceville Records (USA)) US $9.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - TRINITY (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.15 Buy It Now 8h 49m
MY DYING BRIDE original CD "The trash of naked limbs" 1992 on Peaceville US $32.49 Buy It Now 9h 5m
MY DYING BRIDE - INTRODUCING NEW CD US $14.93 Buy It Now 9h 5m
MY DYING BRIDE original CD "The angel and the dark river" 1995 on Peaceville US $12.49 Buy It Now 9h 9m
MOURNING BELOVETH-DUST-CD-novembers doom-morgion-death-my dying bride US $14.99 Buy It Now 9h 53m
MY DYING BRIDE Evinta Official Sew On WOVEN PATCH NEW US $7.21 Buy It Now 11h 39m
My Dying Bride - Introducing CD US $13.59 Buy It Now 15h 31m
NOVEMBERS DOOM For Every Leaf that Falls CD EP rare my dying bride katatonia US $24.99 Buy It Now 16h 9m
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans (Special Edition) (NEW 2 x CD) US $17.42 Buy It Now 17h 23m
DOMINION Interface '96 JAPAN OBI OOP UK GOTHIC DOOM MY DYING BRIDE PARADISE LOST US $19.99 Buy It Now 18h 59m
PARADISE LOST: In Requiem, My Dying Bride, Anathema, Sentenced, Insomnium US $6.66 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA: Serenades, Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride, Sentenced, Insomnium,RARE US $9.99 [0 bids]
Funeral: Tristesse, RARE DOOM, My Dying Bride, Saturnus, Mourning Beloveth US $14.99 [0 bids]
Ashes You Leave: Passage Back to Life, 3rd & The Mortal, My Dying Bride, US $2.99 [0 bids]
Essenz - Mundus Numen (grey LP) My Dying Bride, Opeth, Sunn O))), Black Sabbath US $25.00 Buy It Now 21h 22m
My Dying Bride / Like Gods of the Sun JAPAN+2 T-A US $34.99 Buy It Now 22h 26m
DOMINION Interface RARE JAPAN CD OBI PCCY-01033 Nailed My Dying Bride US $9.99 [0 bids]
@ CD My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers RARE METAL PEACEVILLE 1992 ORG US $19.99 Buy It Now 23h 44m
~ MY DYING BRIDE-SONGS OF DARKNESS WORDS OF LIGHT ~ MUSIC CD US $6.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Damnation Festival 2008 T-shirt. Medium. Carcass, My Dying Bride, Pitchshifter US $4.85 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE "I Am Bloody Earth" ORG 1st press RARE OOP!!! US $45.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE**AS THE FLOWER WITHERS (180 GRAM)**VINYL US $21.50 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride Anti Diluvian Chronicles rare 3 cd set Greatest Hits like new US $15.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - LIKE GODS OF THE SUN - BONUS TRACKS (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.15 Buy It Now 1 day
Like Gods of the Sun [Bonus Tracks] by My Dying Bride (CD, Apr-2003,... US $9.17 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - The Vaulted Shadows CD 2014 Barghest O Whitby Manuscript doom US $15.95 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium Cassette 1991 RARE OOP! US $19.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride : The Voice of the Wretched CD (2008) US $10.31 Buy It Now 1 day
IT WILL COME 47 & Bound DIGIPAK MY DYING BRIDE DOOM US $13.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE WORLD US $11.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE THE DREADFUL HOURS DIGIPACK CD US $11.00 Buy It Now 1 day
@ CD My Dying Bride - The Dreadful Hours NEW SS DIGI PACK / PEACEVILLE 2001 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE HISTORY OF PEACEVILLE PARADISE LOST AT THE GATES ANATHEMA MY DYING BRIDE US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - THE VAULTED SHADOWS: CD ALBUM (May 26th 2014) US $16.62 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Dreadful Hour [CD New] US $11.07 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun [CD New] US $12.12 Buy It Now 1 day
For Lies I Sire by My Dying Bride (CD, Mar-2009, Pea... US $11.54 Buy It Now 1 day
WEDDING IN HADES 2012 Misbehaviour CD Gothic Doom Death My Dying Bride Anathema US $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GRAVEFLOWER 2012 Returning To The Primary Source CD Doom Death My Dying Bride US $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride, Turn Loose the Swans Audio CD US $11.09 Buy It Now 2 days
Vaulted Shadows - My Dying Bride US $12.49 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride, Meisterwerk 1 Audio CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Virgin Black-Requiem-Mezzo Forte(promo cd)My Dying Bride Moonspell US $0.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride, Angel & The Dark River Audio CD US $8.39 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE EMBROIDERED PATCH DOOM DEATH ANATHEMA PARADISE LOST Metal Negro US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE FOR LIES I SIRE SPECIAL UKR. EDITION MOON RECORDS US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE A LANE OF DEATHLESS KINGS SPECIAL UKR. EDITION MOON RECORDS US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
NOVEMBERS DOOM-APHOTIC-CD-doom-death-goth-ghost brigade-my dying bride US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
INNER MISSING-ESCAPISM-CD-doom-death-my dying bride-mourning beloveth US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Angel & The Dark River/Darkest Eyes CD US $18.70 Buy It Now 2 days
SHATTERED HOPE 2014 Waters Of Lethe CD Doom Death Ophis My Dying Bride Evoken US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - The angel and the dark river (SIGNED/Autographed!!) US $29.99 [0 bids]
ART IN EXILE- S/T CD NEW PROGRESSIVE DARK/GOTHIC METAL OPETH MY DYING BRIDE 2008 US $3.23 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Dreadful Hour CD US $20.75 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - FOR LIES I SIRE - CDVILEF245 US $17.92 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride : Meisterwerk 1 CD (2008) US $10.01 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride : The Light at the End of the World CD (2008) US $10.44 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES (CD+DVD) - CDVILEF406X US $27.20 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - AN ODE TO WOE /CD+DVD/ NEW 2008 US $14.38 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA 2CD NEW 2011 ???????????????????????????????????? US $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride 34.788% Complete SEALED (CD) '98 Original 1st Press Mayhem metal US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 2 [CD New] US $10.39 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE the thrash of naked limbs CD (shipping are not 3 $ !!!) US $22.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE symphonaire infernus et spera... CD (shipping are not 3 $ !!!) US $23.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE i am the bloody earth CD (shipping are not 3 $ !!!) US $22.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans (CD, Feb-1994, Futurist/Mayhem Records) US $15.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MOONSPELL The Great Silver Eye CD My Dying Bride Paradise Lost An US $3.16 [1 bids]
SILENTIUM "Infinita plango vulnera"cd Spikefarm 1999,My dying bride,Yearning US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE DELUXE LTD ED SONGS OF DARKNESS WORDS OF LIGHT CD BOX SET W/POSTE US $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SILENTIUM "Altum"cd Spikefarm 2001,My dying bride,Yearning US $21.99 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 1 [CD New] US $12.23 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Angel & The Dark River/Darkest Eyes [CD New] US $12.90 Buy It Now 3 days
Paradise Lost - Tragic Idol [LP, Peaceville Records, NEW] Carcass My Dying Bride US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 1 (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.15 Buy It Now 3 days
SWALLOW THE SUN - THE MORNING NEVER CAME CD MY DYING BRIDE OPETH US $2.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE a map of all our failures VINYL LP RECORD NEW! US $29.98 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 2 (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.15 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - Albion (20th Ann Tour) Longsleeve T-shirt - NEW - MEDIUM ONLY US $24.18 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE Introducing Best Of Greatest Hits Double CD NEW & SEALED US $12.57 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - DREADFUL HOUR NEW CD US $23.81 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - ANGEL & THE DARK RIVER / DARKEST EYES (+DVD) NEW CD US $21.23 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 2 CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE A Map Of All Our Failures Official Sew On PATCH New US $7.21 Buy It Now 3 days
SILENT STREAM OF GODLESS ELEGY "Relic Dances" LP my dying bride the gathering US $22.70 Buy It Now 3 days
DOOMED "Our Ruin Silhouettes" CD winter my dying bride US $16.22 Buy It Now 3 days
PARADISE LOST In Requiem LP Sealed! MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA TIAMAT THERION OPETH US $30.00 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Line of Deathless Kings (CD,'06,Peaceville) Cardboard Sleeve! US $5.00 [0 bids]
(METAL CD) MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK I (SEALED DOOM) US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Official Boxed Mug - MDBMUG01 - My Dying Bride US $11.34 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - A Map Of All Our Failures (NEW CD & DVD) US $23.90 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride As the flower withers cd US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride 34.788% Complete Digipack CD 2004 Peaceville Records US $8.09 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride The Light At The End Of The World Digipack CD 2004 Peaceville US $8.09 [0 bids]

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MY DYING BRIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MY DYING BRIDE The Manuscript ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE The Manuscript reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "The Manuscript" is an EP release by UK doom metal act My Dying Bride. The EP was released through Peaceville Records in May 2013 on both CD and vinyl. My Dying Bride have a long tradition of releasing EPs and singles between their full-length album releases. Often with material exclusive to those releases. "Symphonaire infernus et spera empyrium (1991)" and "The Thrash of Naked Limbs (1993)" are probably the two most famous ones, but the 27 minutes long single track EP "The Barghest O' Whitby (2011)" is also quite unique.

"The Manuscript" features 4 tracks which are exclusive to this release. All tracks except for "Vår gud över er" were written and recorded during the sessions for "A Map of All our Failures (2012)".

The music on the 27:21 minutes long EP is unmistakably the sound of My Dying Bride, so it´s not an experimental release or a release that sounds vastly different from what you usually expect to hear from them. Doomy riffs and harmonies, heavy beats, sorrowfilled violin playing, dark gothic atmospheres and Aaron Stainthorpe´s paatos filled clean vocals and occasional brutal growls are all there and accounted for. "Vår gud över er" is a harsher and more death metal oriented epic track, than the other three tracks which are more melancholic, doomy and beautiful in nature. The violin is used extensively on the title track and on "A Pale Shroud of Longing".

The consistently high quality level of their material is incredible and that also applies to "The Manuscript". It must have been really hard to pick which tracks should go on "A Map of All our Failures (2012)" and which should be omitted, but I guess that´s a luxury both the band and their fans are fairly content with. "The Manuscript" is what I would characterize as a "must have" release for fans of the band. Not because it sounds radically different from what My Dying Bride usually treats us to, but because of the above mentioned high quality level of the music. Personally I think the four tracks on "The Manuscript" even beat most of the material on "A Map of All our Failures (2012)", and that´s pretty crazy considering the fact that three of the tracks on the EP are outtakes from said album. A 4 star (80%) rating is deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#1020766) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 20, 2013

4 stars The Manuscript is definitely one of My Dying Bride's finest singles/EPs, perhaps one of the finest releases in their whole discography. Incidentally, what is the distinction between a single and an EP? Is it a matter of length? An interesting question for the purposes of our website, I think. ... (read more)

Report this review (#1253023) | Posted by thwok | Monday, August 18, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "The Manuscript"