THE MANUSCRIPT

My Dying Bride The Manuscript album cover

Buy MY DYING BRIDE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2013

1. The Manuscript (6:24)
2. Vår gud över er (8:49)
3. A Pale Shroud of Longing (7:48)
4. Only Tears to Replace Her With (4:20)

Search MY DYING BRIDE The Manuscript lyrics

- Shaun Macgowan / Keyboards, Violin

Guest/Session:
- Shaun Taylor-Steels / Drums

EP, Peaceville Records, May 13th, 2013

Available on CD and black 180gm vinyl.

All tracks recorded during the sessions for "A Map of All Our Failures".

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

MY DYING BRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MY DYING BRIDE The Manuscript Music

Remastered · Extra tracks
Peaceville UK 2003
For Lies I SireFor Lies I Sire
Peaceville UK 2009
Anathema - Alternative Future EP (My Dying Bride, Katatonia, Paradise Lost) US $6.99 [2 bids]
31m 15s
Katatonia - Ghost Of The Sun (My Dying Bride, Porcupine Tree, Anathema) US $1.99 [0 bids]
35m 39s
Anathema - Deep (My Dying Bride, Katatonia, Paradise Lost, Thine, Moonspell) US $1.99 [2 bids]
39m 35s
My Dying Bride - The Angel & And The Dark River (NEW CD) US $15.68 Buy It Now 55m 13s
Alternative 4 ?- The Brink (Anathema, Cult, My Dying Bride) US $9.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - VAULTED SHADOWS THE - CDVILEDH509 US $17.48 Buy It Now 2h 28m
MY DYING BRIDE as the flower withers LP 6 track with inner sleeve (vilelp479) eu US $30.54 Buy It Now 3h 26m
MY DYING BRIDE THE DREADFUL HOURS DIGIPACK CD US $5.50 Buy It Now 3h 31m
My Dying Bride - Evinta (2011) 2CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $10.64 Buy It Now 6h 26m
MY DYING BRIDE As The Flower Withers CD (1992) US $9.37 Buy It Now 6h 29m
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers [CD New] US $10.78 Buy It Now 7h 10m
My Dying Bride - Evinta [CD New] US $16.13 Buy It Now 7h 11m
The Gathering "DISCLOSURE" NEW VINYL 12" anathema alcest ulver my dying bride US $29.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - AS THE FLOWER WITHERS (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.89 Buy It Now 8h 26m
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $16.66 Buy It Now 8h 40m
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $19.66 Buy It Now 8h 40m
my dying bride limited edition cd US $16.99 Buy It Now 10h 13m
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans [CD New] US $13.57 Buy It Now 10h 55m
My Dying Bride Albion In Ruin new Official Textile Poster 75cm x 110cm US $16.96 Buy It Now 10h 56m
MY DYING BRIDE**EVINTA (LTD ED W/BOOKLET)**2CD US $13.69 Buy It Now 11h 49m
My Dying Bride For Lies I Sire new Official Textile Poster 75cm x 110cm US $16.96 Buy It Now 13h 26m
34.788%...Complete by My Dying Bride (CD, Jul-2003, Peaceville Records ) PROMO US $6.99 [0 bids]
34.788%...Complete [Bonus Track] [Digipak] by My Dying Bride (CD, Jun-2004,... US $9.29 Buy It Now 13h 48m
For Lies I Sire by My Dying Bride (CD, Jan-2013, Peaceville Records (USA)) US $11.40 Buy It Now 13h 48m
The Angel and the Dark River [Bonus Tracks] [Digipak] by My Dying Bride (CD,... US $7.82 Buy It Now 14h 22m
The Light At The End Of The World (digipack) by My Dying Bride (CD, Jan-2004,... US $7.95 Buy It Now 14h 22m
Meisterwerk 2 [Digipak] [ECD] by My Dying Bride (CD, Apr-2004, Peaceville... US $7.67 Buy It Now 14h 46m
RARE PROMO Mayhem Records 2 CD SAMPLER My Dying Bride DIO Enuff Znuff + FIERCE US $7.00 Buy It Now 18h 2m
My Dying Bride Angel & The Dark River CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 18h 36m
PARADISE LOST just say words ORIG VINYL LP (1997) my dying bride katatonia US $19.99 [0 bids]
MAR DE GRISES Streams Inwards DIGIPAK MY DYING BRIDE US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SHATTERED HOPE 2010 Absence CD Doom Death Saturnus Ataraxie My Dying Bride US $12.73 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Map Of All Our Failures [Vinyl New] US $28.97 Buy It Now 1 day
THE PROPHECY Into The Light DIGI CD MY DYING BRIDE SOLSTICE PARADISE LOST US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE*ANGEL&DARK RIVER/FOR DARKEST EYES*CD/DVD US $12.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Shever - Rituals (LP Red) My Dying Bride, Opeth, Death, Slayer, US $26.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PARADISE LOST Draconian Times LP VINYL Rare First Press Anathema My Dying Bride US $59.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride: Trinity SEALED CD Japanese release 1998 US $30.00 [0 bids]
SILENTIUM "SI.VM E.T A.V.VM"cd Spikefarm 2001,My dying bride US $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - SYMPHONAIRE INFERNUS ET SPERA EMPYRIUM MCD - Peaceville 1991 - US $46.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - LIKE GODS OF THE SUN NEW VINYL US $44.34 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE For Lives I Sire Fabric POSTER FLAG Official NEW US $20.70 Buy It Now 1 day
Meisterwerk 1 [Digipak] [ECD] by My Dying Bride (CD,... US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride TURN LOOSE THE SWANS LPx2 UK 801056803917 Peaceville new US $62.57 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - The Light at the End of the World US $11.13 Buy It Now 1 day
SACRATUS-...PARADISE FOR TWO-CD-doom-death-my dying bride-saturnus-anathema US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - VOICE OF THE WRETCHED (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.89 Buy It Now 1 day
THE GATHERING Always 2LP EPICA, OPETH, AMORPHIS, MY DYING BRIDE, TIAMAT ANATHEMA US $29.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA ETERNITY LP + INSERT 1996 PEACEVILLE FIRST PRESS my dying bride opeth US $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CD: Manuscript (EP) - My Dying Bride - Sealed US $15.36 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE LIKE GODS OF THE SUN LP + INSERT 1996 PEACEVILLE anathema opeth US $79.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Evinta: Deluxe CD US $59.28 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Voice Of The Wretched CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Map Of All Our Failures CD US $20.02 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - An Ode To Woe CD US $19.88 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 1 CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Map Of All Our Failures Vinyl Record LP US $37.47 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - TRINITY + 1 - CDVILED46 US $13.89 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - THE ANGEL AND THE DARK..CD+DVD - CDVILED260X US $20.73 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA (SPECIAL EDITION DIGIBOOK) - CDVILEF302X US $25.77 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - LIGHT AT THE END - CDVILED79 US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - 34.788% COMPLETE - CDVILED74 US $13.89 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - AS THE FLOWERS WITHERS - CDVILED32 US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - LIKE GODS OF THE SUN - CDVILED65 US $13.89 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - TURN LOOSE THE SWANS - CDVILED39 US $15.34 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - DREADFUL HOURS - CDVILED90 US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - VOICE OF THE WRETCHED - CDVILED117 US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - ANGEL & THE DARK RIVER - CDVILED50 US $14.84 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE A Map Of Our Failure 2x 180gm Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED US $35.56 Buy It Now 2 days
MOURNERS LAMENT - Unbroken Solemnity CD 2008 Original Doom Rare My Dying Bride US $19.95 [0 bids]
IN LOVING MEMORY - Tragedy & Moon CD 2008 Orig Anathema My Dying Bride Tiamat US $7.77 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Light At The End Of The World (NEW CD) US $15.68 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE Like Gods of the Sun, Import, doom, lost, anathema, opeth, slayer US $2.99 [0 bids]
DRACONIAN - RARE LIVE IN TEL AVIV FLYER 2009 ANATHEMA MY DYING BRIDE US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Angel and the Dark River [Bonus Tracks] [Digipak] by My Dying Bride (CD,... US $10.01 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun [Vinyl New] US $28.97 Buy It Now 2 days
The Dreadful Hours [Digipak] by My Dying Bride (CD, Apr-2004,... US $9.50 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun (Digipak) (NEW CD) US $15.68 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - A LINE OF DEATHLESS KINGS - CDVILED289 US $15.62 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE THE DREADFUL HOURS DIGIPACK CD US $11.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE WORLD US $11.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LP MY DYING BRIDE - The Dreadful Hours US $61.00 [2 bids]
REVELATIONS OF RAIN 2013 Deceptive Virtue CD Doom Death Ophis My Dying Bride US $13.64 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 1 (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.89 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers - Cassette US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - The Light At The End Of The World - Cassette US $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - 34.788%... - Cassette US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun - Cassette US $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
PARADISE LOST: Faith Divides Us, My Dying Bride, Anathema, Sentenced, Insomnium US $6.66 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride The Dreadful Hours Vinyl US $99.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Turn Loose the Swans by My Dying Bride (CD, Aug-2003, Peaceville Records (USA)) US $9.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE**A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES (GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA -A Fine Day to Exit CD,Amorphis,Katatonia,Opeth,My Dying Bride,Agalloch US $5.18 [2 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE -Light at the End of the World CD,Amorphis,Katatonia,Opeth,Tiamat US $3.77 [1 bids]
SILENT STREAM OF GODLESS ELEGY-RELIC DANCES NEW LP MY DYING BRIDE DOOM/DEATH US $44.99 Buy It Now 2 days
COLD COLOURS-COLD COLOURS (2013) US DARK METAL ROTTING CHRIST MY DYING BRIDE US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
COLD COLOURS-COLD COLOURS (2013) US DARK METAL ROTTING CHRIST MY DYING BRIDE US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MY DYING BRIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MY DYING BRIDE The Manuscript ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE The Manuscript reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "The Manuscript" is an EP release by UK doom metal act My Dying Bride. The EP was released through Peaceville Records in May 2013 on both CD and vinyl. My Dying Bride have a long tradition of releasing EPs and singles between their full-length album releases. Often with material exclusive to those releases. "Symphonaire infernus et spera empyrium (1991)" and "The Thrash of Naked Limbs (1993)" are probably the two most famous ones, but the 27 minutes long single track EP "The Barghest O' Whitby (2011)" is also quite unique.

"The Manuscript" features 4 tracks which are exclusive to this release. All tracks except for "Vår gud över er" were written and recorded during the sessions for "A Map of All our Failures (2012)".

The music on the 27:21 minutes long EP is unmistakably the sound of My Dying Bride, so it´s not an experimental release or a release that sounds vastly different from what you usually expect to hear from them. Doomy riffs and harmonies, heavy beats, sorrowfilled violin playing, dark gothic atmospheres and Aaron Stainthorpe´s paatos filled clean vocals and occasional brutal growls are all there and accounted for. "Vår gud över er" is a harsher and more death metal oriented epic track, than the other three tracks which are more melancholic, doomy and beautiful in nature. The violin is used extensively on the title track and on "A Pale Shroud of Longing".

The consistently high quality level of their material is incredible and that also applies to "The Manuscript". It must have been really hard to pick which tracks should go on "A Map of All our Failures (2012)" and which should be omitted, but I guess that´s a luxury both the band and their fans are fairly content with. "The Manuscript" is what I would characterize as a "must have" release for fans of the band. Not because it sounds radically different from what My Dying Bride usually treats us to, but because of the above mentioned high quality level of the music. Personally I think the four tracks on "The Manuscript" even beat most of the material on "A Map of All our Failures (2012)", and that´s pretty crazy considering the fact that three of the tracks on the EP are outtakes from said album. A 4 star (80%) rating is deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#1020766) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "The Manuscript"