THE MANUSCRIPT

My Dying Bride The Manuscript album cover

Buy MY DYING BRIDE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2013

1. The Manuscript (6:24)
2. Vår gud över er (8:49)
3. A Pale Shroud of Longing (7:48)
4. Only Tears to Replace Her With (4:20)

Search MY DYING BRIDE The Manuscript lyrics

- Shaun Macgowan / Keyboards, Violin

Guest/Session:
- Shaun Taylor-Steels / Drums

EP, Peaceville Records, May 13th, 2013

Available on CD and black 180gm vinyl.

All tracks recorded during the sessions for "A Map of All Our Failures".

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

MY DYING BRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MY DYING BRIDE The Manuscript Music

DVD$3.97
Dreadful HourDreadful Hour
Remastered
Peaceville UK 2007
An Ode To Woe: Live (CD/DVD)An Ode To Woe: Live (CD/DVD)
Peaceville 2008
Peaceville UK 2004
My Dying Bride - Voice Of The Wretched CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 49m 50s
My Dying Bride - Evinta I & Ii CD US $26.47 Buy It Now 49m 54s
MY DYING BRIDE - VAULTED SHADOWS THE - CDVILEDH509 US $16.67 Buy It Now 2h 31m
My Dying Bride - Evinta (2011) 2CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $10.05 Buy It Now 6h 29m
For Lies I Sire by My Dying Bride *New CD* US $11.16 Buy It Now 7h 2m
The Dreadful Hours by My Dying Bride *New CD* US $7.71 Buy It Now 7h 4m
A Map of All Our Failures by My Dying Bride *New CD* US $11.58 Buy It Now 7h 4m
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers [CD New] US $10.84 Buy It Now 7h 13m
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers [Vinyl New] US $25.48 Buy It Now 7h 16m
My Dying Bride - Light At The End Of The World [Vinyl New] US $29.48 Buy It Now 7h 17m
Ashes You Leave - The Passage Back of Life CD 1999 SEALED My Dying Bride US $3.00 [0 bids]
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 43m
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $17.69 Buy It Now 8h 43m
KERRANG-PROMO CD-SEPULTURA+KORN MIXES-SYSTEM OF A DOWN-GARBAGE-MY DYING BRIDE+VA US $3.00 Buy It Now 9h 24m
FIERCE RECORDINGS RARE PROMO CD-MY DYING BRIDE-PARADISE LOST-OVERDOSE-WITHSTAND+ US $3.00 Buy It Now 9h 30m
my dying bride limited edition cd US $16.99 Buy It Now 10h 16m
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans [CD New] US $13.57 Buy It Now 10h 58m
MY DYING BRIDE**EVINTA (LTD ED W/BOOKLET)**2CD US $13.69 Buy It Now 11h 52m
MY DYING BRIDE - AS THE FLOWER WITHERS (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $16.65 Buy It Now 12h 51m
MY DYING BRIDE - AS THE FLOWER WITHERS NEW VINYL US $34.85 Buy It Now 12h 55m
My Dying Bride : Meisterwerk 2 CD (2001) US $8.98 Buy It Now 14h 11m
RARE PROMO Mayhem Records 2 CD SAMPLER My Dying Bride DIO Enuff Znuff + FIERCE US $7.00 Buy It Now 18h 5m
My Dying Bride Angel & The Dark River CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 18h 39m
The Angel and the Dark River by My Dying Bride *New CD* US $7.95 Buy It Now 21h 25m
WHISPERING GALLERY - Shades of Sorrow DIGI CD OPETH, MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun - Cassette , Made In Poland US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride The Angel and the Dark River Digipack CD 2003 Peaceville Records US $8.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride Songs of Darkness Words of Light Digipack CD 2004 Peaceville US $8.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride As The Flower Withers Slipcase CD 2001 Peaceville Records US $7.20 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride The Light At The End Of The World Digipack CD 2004 Peaceville US $8.00 [0 bids]
MAR DE GRISES Streams Inwards DIGIPAK MY DYING BRIDE US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ETHERIAL WINDS - Saved CD rare 1.press 1994 M.M.I. / my dying bride crematory US $39.00 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride : As the Flower Withers CD (1995) US $13.23 Buy It Now 1 day
SHATTERED HOPE 2010 Absence CD Doom Death Saturnus Ataraxie My Dying Bride US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE*ANGEL&DARK RIVER/FOR DARKEST EYES*CD/DVD US $12.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Shever - Rituals (LP Red) My Dying Bride, Opeth, Death, Slayer, US $26.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Mourning beloveth - Dust CD 2nd Press My dying bride Paradise Lost Ophis Evoken US $20.00 [0 bids]
SILENTIUM "SI.VM E.T A.V.VM"cd Spikefarm 2001,My dying bride US $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - SYMPHONAIRE INFERNUS ET SPERA EMPYRIUM MCD - Peaceville 1991 - US $46.99 Buy It Now 1 day
34.788%...Complete by My Dying Bride (CD, Jul-2003, Peaceville Records ) PROMO US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LET ME DREAM - My Dear Succubus Rare OOP CD Gothic Doom My Dying Bride Draconian US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE For Lives I Sire Fabric POSTER FLAG Official NEW US $19.27 Buy It Now 1 day
Meisterwerk 1 [Digipak] [ECD] by My Dying Bride (CD,... US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - AN ODE TO WOE - LIVE [LTD.DIGIBOOK] (CD/DVD, 2008) *Sealed* US $12.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - LIKE GODS OF THE SUN NEW VINYL US $41.28 Buy It Now 1 day
SACRATUS-...PARADISE FOR TWO-CD-doom-death-my dying bride-saturnus-anathema US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride Turn Loose The Swans digipack CD 2003 used NM / NM Peaceville US $8.10 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Angel & The Dark River / Darke NEW CD US $16.83 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - The Light at the End of the World US $10.67 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Evinta: Deluxe CD US $58.51 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Map Of All Our Failures CD US $20.02 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 1 CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - TRINITY + 1 - CDVILED46 US $13.52 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - THE ANGEL AND THE DARK..CD+DVD - CDVILED260X US $19.58 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA (SPECIAL EDITION DIGIBOOK) - CDVILEF302X US $24.34 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - 34.788% COMPLETE - CDVILED74 US $13.63 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - AS THE FLOWERS WITHERS - CDVILED32 US $13.52 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - TURN LOOSE THE SWANS - CDVILED39 US $14.08 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - DREADFUL HOURS - CDVILED90 US $13.52 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - VOICE OF THE WRETCHED - CDVILED117 US $13.52 Buy It Now 2 days
MENTAL HOME Black Art - 1999 CD - lacrimosa my dying bride october tide therion US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE A Map Of Our Failure 2x 180gm Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED US $33.59 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - Barghest O' Whitby 2011 Peaceville ORG RARE anathema opeth US $24.99 [0 bids]
CD: MY DYING BRIDE The Angel And The Dark River US $11.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE AS THE FLOWER WITHERS 1rst PRESS 1992 CDVILE 32 US $26.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE TURN LOOSE THE SWANS 1rst PRESS 1993 CDVILE 39 US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER 1rst PRESS 1995 CDVILE 50 US $26.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE SONGS OF DARKNESS WORDS OF LIGHT DIGI 1rst PRESS 2004 CDVILEF 110 US $32.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun [Vinyl New] US $28.97 Buy It Now 2 days
Daylight Dies - no reply anathema my dying bride swallow the sun novembers doom US $4.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - A LINE OF DEATHLESS KINGS - CDVILED289 US $13.85 Buy It Now 2 days
My Shameful - descend A5 digi evoken my dying bride neurosis swallow the sun US $15.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Trinity (Japan+1) / 10 Track US $9.99 [0 bids]
REVELATIONS OF RAIN 2013 Deceptive Virtue CD Doom Death Ophis My Dying Bride US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride Anti Diluvian Chronicles rare 3 cd set Greatest Hits like new US $20.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA NEW CD US $22.77 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE**A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES (GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE original CD "As the flower withers" 1992 on Peaceville US $22.49 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE original CD "Turn loose the swans" 1993 on Peaceville US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE Trinity DIGIPACK CD "BRAND NEW & SEALED US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun - Cassette US $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - The Light At The End Of The World - Cassette US $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - 34.788%... - Cassette US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers - Cassette US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium Cassette 1991 RARE OOP! US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers LP Vinyl Record US $29.20 Buy It Now 2 days
FALL OF EMPYREAN-A LIFE SPENT DYING-CD-swallow the sun-my dying bride-doom-death US $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - 34.788%...COMPLETE, GREEN vinyl LP, 700 COPIES! NEW - SEALED! US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE As The Flower Withers LP 6 Track With Inner Sleeve (vilelp479) EU US $34.61 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Evinta [CD New] US $14.89 Buy It Now 3 days
ablaze in hatred - deceptive awareness my dying bride evoken thergothon isole US $5.00 [0 bids]
Silent Stream of Godless Elegy-Navaz cd new Root My Dying bride folk doom metal US $13.00 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 1 CD US $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
PARADISE LOST "Lost paradise"cd Peaceville 90,Anathema,My dying bride US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CEREMONIUM - INTO THE AUTUMN SHADE, Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride, Doom Metal US $1.75 [2 bids]
PARADISE LOST Pin Badge gothic metal my dying bride tiamat anathema moonspell US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
PARADISE LOST logo Pin Badge gothic metal my dying bride anathema moonspell US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MY DYING BRIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MY DYING BRIDE The Manuscript ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE The Manuscript reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "The Manuscript" is an EP release by UK doom metal act My Dying Bride. The EP was released through Peaceville Records in May 2013 on both CD and vinyl. My Dying Bride have a long tradition of releasing EPs and singles between their full-length album releases. Often with material exclusive to those releases. "Symphonaire infernus et spera empyrium (1991)" and "The Thrash of Naked Limbs (1993)" are probably the two most famous ones, but the 27 minutes long single track EP "The Barghest O' Whitby (2011)" is also quite unique.

"The Manuscript" features 4 tracks which are exclusive to this release. All tracks except for "Vår gud över er" were written and recorded during the sessions for "A Map of All our Failures (2012)".

The music on the 27:21 minutes long EP is unmistakably the sound of My Dying Bride, so it´s not an experimental release or a release that sounds vastly different from what you usually expect to hear from them. Doomy riffs and harmonies, heavy beats, sorrowfilled violin playing, dark gothic atmospheres and Aaron Stainthorpe´s paatos filled clean vocals and occasional brutal growls are all there and accounted for. "Vår gud över er" is a harsher and more death metal oriented epic track, than the other three tracks which are more melancholic, doomy and beautiful in nature. The violin is used extensively on the title track and on "A Pale Shroud of Longing".

The consistently high quality level of their material is incredible and that also applies to "The Manuscript". It must have been really hard to pick which tracks should go on "A Map of All our Failures (2012)" and which should be omitted, but I guess that´s a luxury both the band and their fans are fairly content with. "The Manuscript" is what I would characterize as a "must have" release for fans of the band. Not because it sounds radically different from what My Dying Bride usually treats us to, but because of the above mentioned high quality level of the music. Personally I think the four tracks on "The Manuscript" even beat most of the material on "A Map of All our Failures (2012)", and that´s pretty crazy considering the fact that three of the tracks on the EP are outtakes from said album. A 4 star (80%) rating is deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#1020766) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 20, 2013

4 stars The Manuscript is definitely one of My Dying Bride's finest singles/EPs, perhaps one of the finest releases in their whole discography. Incidentally, what is the distinction between a single and an EP? Is it a matter of length? An interesting question for the purposes of our website, I think. ... (read more)

Report this review (#1253023) | Posted by thwok | Monday, August 18, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "The Manuscript"