AVES

Morild

Morild Aves album cover

Buy MORILD Music
Studio Album, released in 2013

1. The Patient Fisher (8:07)
2. Wildflower (21:08)
3. Time River (4:59)
4. Labour Day (13:25)
5. Frost Gloves (2:56)
6. Waiting for the Ferry, Part 1 & 2 (24:43)

Total time 75:18

- Alexander Holand Salgado / drums, percussion
- Nils Larsen / bass
- Mari Haug Lund / flute, piano
- Hans Kristoffersen / guitars

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

MORILD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MORILD Aves Music

AvesAves
Self-Produced
Time To RestTime To Rest
Mals Limited
DrÝmte Mig En DrÝmDrÝmte Mig En DrÝm
GO' Danish Folk Music 2011

More places to buy MORILD music online Buy MORILD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MORILD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MORILD Aves ratings distribution

MORILD Aves reviews

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
4 stars These days, when I am sent something to review I load it into a playlist on my iPod and initially listen to it in the car. This allows me to ensure I listen to the albums in some semblance of order, so hopefully am always working on those that I have had longest. But, it does mean that I am sometimes surprised by what I am listening to in that I can't remember where it came from. That is what happened with this album, as I was driving along trying to work out where on earth I had got my hands on a reissued prog album from the late Sixties/early Seventies as I was sure this hadn't come from Eclectic, and was the wrong type of music for Yesterrock, yet these are pretty much the only reissue labels I deal with these days.

So, when I got home I started looking through my files and realised that I must have been sent this to review by a friend of mine, so had no information on the band. That got me searching the internet, and a short while later I was sat there quite amazed, as this isn't a reissue at all, but instead is a brand new piece of work from Norway. I honestly thought that this is from the period, as if ever a group was using Ken Hensley as a starting point then this is it. But, it's not just classic Heep with Byron style vocals, as they also bring in some Tullisms and then attempt to make it more modern by also using Camel (so maybe '75 instead of '71). There is Hammond organ aplenty, along with flute where required and lush guitars and great vocals. Simply put, if you ever enjoyed the first half a dozen Heep albums, especially the numbers that contained acoustic guitar, and are fond of Tull, then this is essential. This sort of music just shouldn't exist in 2013, but I for one am very glad that it does. tihlde.org/~alexandr/morild/

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#1029258) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 05, 2013

Review by Windhawk
3 stars Norwegian band MORILD was formed by Nils Larsen, Odd-Roar Bakken and Alexander Holand Salgado back in 2004, and the current incarnation of the band came to be in 2008. They released debut album "Time to Rest" in 2011. Two years later Morild returns with "Aves", their second full length album, self released by the band.

Strong, emotional lead vocals and epic length, multiple-themed compositions of the symphonic progressive rock variety with the organ as the key instrument are what Morild provides on their second album "Aves", with at least a foot and a half firmly placed in the 70's as far as style and expression is concerned. Those with a sensible set of ears for vocals might want to approach this one with a bit of caution, but otherwise this is a production that should be a nice fit for those who tend to enjoy music described as retro-oriented symphonic progressive rock, especially those amongst them who also enjoy bands like Uriah Heep from the same era.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#1068140) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 28, 2013

4 stars The Norwegian group Morild's second effort "Aves" from 2013 proves that it's still possible to do great symphonic music nowadays and I am allways so happy when I get new good prog music from ProgArchives. This great and luxous prog music from my neighbour country i west was a pleasent experien ... (read more)

Report this review (#1045049) | Posted by DrŲmmarenAdrian | Thursday, September 26, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Morild surprised me with the previous release 'Time to Rest' (2010), on which they trod some exciting paths. That's why I was wondering if successor 'Aves' is a step in right direction. The 75 min. running time doesn't stop this new album being worthy of attention it deserves. Again, meticulous retr ... (read more)

Report this review (#988615) | Posted by PH | Saturday, June 29, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MORILD "Aves"