DIMENSIONAUT

Sound Of Contact

Sound Of Contact Dimensionaut album cover

Buy SOUND OF CONTACT Music
Studio Album, released in 2013

1. Sound of Contact (2:05)
2. Cosmic Distance Ladder (4:43)
3. Pale Blue Dot (4:44)
4. I Am Dimensionaut (6:24)
5. Not Coming Down (6:01)
6. Remote View (3:54)
7. Beyond Illumination (5:53)
8. Only Breathing Out (5:56)
9. Realm of In-Organic Beings (2:52)
10. Closer to You (5:05)

- Matt Dorsey / guitars, bass, backing vocals
With:
- Hannah Stobart / vocals
- Wells Cunningham / cello

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

SOUND OF CONTACT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SOUND OF CONTACT Dimensionaut Music

DimensionautDimensionaut
Inside Out 2013
Sound of Contact Dimensionaut CD Heavy Metal Album 2013 New US $21.54 Buy It Now 4h 51m
Sound Of Contact - Dimensionaut US $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 50m
Sound of Contact "Dimensionaut" CD May-2013, Inside Out Music **Free Shipping** US $12.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Sound Of Contact - Dimensionaut [Vinyl New] US $43.89 Buy It Now 3 days
SOUND OF CONTACT - DIMENSIONAUT [885417065329] - NEW CD US $10.47 Buy It Now 3 days
Sound Of Contact - Dimensionaut (NEW 2 x 12" VINYL LP & CD) US $38.12 Buy It Now 5 days
Dimensionaut, Sound of Contact, New US $15.05 Buy It Now 7 days
Sound Of Contact - Dimensionaut (NEW CD) US $20.30 Buy It Now 7 days
SOUND OF CONTACT Pale Blue Dot 2014 UK 2-trk promo CD radio edit / album version US $4.96 Buy It Now 8 days
DIMENSIONAUT BY SOUND OF CONTACT (CD) US $20.96 Buy It Now 8 days
Sound Of Contact ?- Dimensionaut 2013 2 LP + 1 CD M/M InsideOut 0506531 US $40.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Dimensionaut (ltd) - Sound Of Contact New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $25.53 Buy It Now 11 days
SOUND OF CONTACT - DIMENSIONAUT (UK) NEW VINYL US $72.36 Buy It Now 12 days
SOUND OF CONTACT - DIMENSIONAUT (LTD) (UK) NEW CD US $26.60 Buy It Now 12 days
Sound Of Contact - Dimensionaut (Ltd) [CD New] US $21.81 Buy It Now 12 days
Sound Of Contact - Dimensionaut - 2014 (NEW CD) US $20.30 Buy It Now 13 days
Sound of Contact Dimensionaut 12" 4 Vinyl LP Boxset Rock Album 2013 New US $34.80 Buy It Now 14 days
Sound Of Contact - Dimensionaut (Ltd) CD US $21.82 Buy It Now 14 days
Sound of Contact - Dimensionaut - 506530 US $20.68 Buy It Now 15 days
Sound Of Contact ?- Dimensionaut CD 2013 GERMANY NEW SEALED US $14.44 Buy It Now 15 days
SOUND OF CONTACT-Dimensionaut-2013 2LP US $20.00 Buy It Now 15 days
SOUND OF CONTACT - Dimensionaut - gatefold 2xLP + CD US $34.82 Buy It Now 16 days
Sound Of Contact - Dimensionaut NEW CD US $16.50 Buy It Now 16 days
Dimensionaut - Sound Of Contact US $12.98 Buy It Now 19 days
Sound Of Contact - Dimensionaut [CD New] US $13.45 Buy It Now 20 days
Dimensionaut - Sound Of Contact New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $58.49 Buy It Now 25 days
Sound of Contact Pale blue dot Promo CD Single US $8.27 Buy It Now 25 days
SOUND OF CONTACT**DIMENSIONAUT**CD US $15.18 Buy It Now 26 days
Sound Of Contact - Dimensionaut CD US $17.62 Buy It Now 28 days
Sound Of Contact - Dimensionaut UK LP Vinyl Record US $57.14 Buy It Now 29 days
Dimensionaut by Sound of Contact (CD, May-2013, Inside Out Music) US $10.48 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy SOUND OF CONTACT music online Buy SOUND OF CONTACT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SOUND OF CONTACT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SOUND OF CONTACT Dimensionaut ratings distribution

SOUND OF CONTACT Dimensionaut reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
5 stars ******Originally written for powerofmetal.dk**********

Okay. I'm ready to review this album. Hopefully. Simon Collins, son of Phil Collins, has formed a progressive rock band named Sound of Contact. Their debut album, "Dimensionaut", has been played an awful lot this past few weeks or so in my house. This album is somewhat difficult to process; not because it is so complex, but because it is not.

Simon is certainly influenced by his father's music. I hear quite a bit of Genesis in the progressive side of this album, but I also hear Phil's solo career in the poppier side. In fact, Simon sounds a lot like his father vocally. Yet, there is more than that. There is a little neo- prog here, some heavy prog moments (especially the excellent drums), and a lot of space rock. The guitars are rather Gimour-like, the drums remind me of something from the band DeeExpus, and the spacey synth is something fairly original. All of these elements speak right to me: The combination is awesome. I also have enjoyed the philosophical storyline that discusses a space/time traveler that is searching for a way to expand the human experience. If I'm correct, I think he finds that expansion is right here and now on Earth.

"Dimensionaut" has really surprised me. I wasn't sure what to expect from Simon Collins, but his band has crafted a pretty great album here. There are some solid, and even exceptional, prog songs here. "Cosmic Distance Ladder" is an excellent instrumental track with some amazing moments. "I Am Dimensionaut" is an exceptional prog rock song that is easily one of the top 10 songs I've heard this year: The instrumental passage in the second half is extraordinary. There are some much poppier songs, though. "Pale Blue Dot", "Remote View", and "Only Breathing Out" are semi-radio friendly. Yet, then "Beyond Illumination" gives us some extra spacey synth and a reggae beat. Lastly, "Mobius Slip" gives us an 18-minute epic with some of the high points of the album. You see, this album is all over the place in style and structure. Yet, somehow it all works. It all fits together perfectly.

Like I said, this is a difficult album to rate. Some of the songs have a healthy dose of pop, and I have to squint just a little in order to enjoy them. On the other hand, the prog rock focused tracks are excellent, and the entire album fits together as an interesting, unique, and well-composed whole. I think this will end up being one of my favorites of 2013. Is this a masterpiece? No. Is it an exceptional and a must-hear album? Absolutely. I expect Sound of Contact to release an instant classic someday. As it stands, this is a strong 4 stars, and I think that is appropriate for this excellent album. To be honest, this is almost a 5----almost.

EDIT: I'm raising this to a 5 star album. It gets better and better after say, the 30th listen. If you get any album to that many listens, it deserves 5 stars. Amazing debut album. It will be on my top 10 list of 2013 for sure.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#967655) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 31, 2013

Review by tszirmay
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
4 stars In awaking the wrath of the progressive purists who very wrongly feel that the glory days of the 70s will never be surpassed, I once again proudly exclaim that the past few years have been the best ever and 2013 is shaping up to be a real leviathan, just 40 years away from the hallmark 1973. Well happy birthday to you Progland!

Speaking of the past joining the present, Simon Collins is the son of Phil and it seems the bloodlines come from the rooftops, as the youngster has a more progressive inclination than one may expect and presenting us with a landmark debut album that may just be the next big thing. Sound of Contact initially grabbed my attention because of Dimensionaut's lavish cover, one of the most freezing presentations ever and then, of course recognizing the names of Collins and partner David Kerzner (both of whom participated on Steve Hackett's sumptuous Genesis Revisited Part 2). Then, within a short span, a visit to their website, listening a few samples, reading a few reviews and finally all the Amazon buttons were pushed.

Interesting that young Simon chose to follow a progressive path, like his celebrated father, in preferring to make music with a more profound instrumentalization than overt popstar inclinations. While he may fly the prog coup and become a Vegas star one day, I happen not to think so, or at the least, I hope not. I am perfectly reconciled with the 2 sides of Simon Collins musical vision , as there is a lot of fantastic prog workouts here, both short and epic, with stellar playing (a drum style dad would be proud of: fast , furious and explosive). Yes, there are also some commercial tunes that are not only quite catchy but also cleverly nailed together with some exalted musical interplay by all participants. These songs flirt from afar for some accessibility but somehow it stays fresh and very importantly, honest. Simon is looking for his own identity and yes, his voice sounds like a clone but it's his son, for krissakes! Phil must be beaming, the apple does not fall far from the tree, as he probably knows that his early Genesis gig was musically the most astonishing legacy he will have in the future. Pop stars fade quickly, perhaps mercy on us! Even the softer side is divided into a couple of killer mid-tempo ballads, the disturbing "Not Coming Down" and the absolutely exquisite "Closer to You" (could this make a dent in the airwaves?), plus the Floyd-Great Gig in the Sky-like "Realm of In-Organic Beings". There are a few lesser pop ditties that still are more than interesting and of course the purely proggy stuff, expertly prepared on the finale a whopping almost 19 minute opus "Möebius Sleep". On this biggie, Ayreon fans would be impressed with the huge squalls of synths and mellotron that shower the heavens, in a colossal symphony of sound make this one of the finest prog epic's in recent history, easily rivaling Porcupine Shrub's "Anesthesize", maybe even more progressive! The need exists to highlight once again Simon's clinical drumming, easily on par with his dad and that is saying a lot. Hey, you had a damn good teacher, so good on ya! From first second to the last, he just slams that kit, it's a beauty to behold. "Cosmic Distance Ladder", "Omega Point" and "I am a Dimensionaut" also rely on subtle atmospherics, sonic contrasts that span the spectrum, from hard-edged to jazz and symphonic prog, providing a vibrant modern sheen to the proceedings. The arrangements are bombastic and grandiose when need be. But "Möebius Sleep" steals the show and the audience with it! We should stand up and applaud !

My only little peeve is I would have liked a more prominent bass guitar presence as it's a bit buried in the mix, but I always complain about that! The stark keyboards keep in the background rather brilliantly along with the powerful yet discreet guitar work, the overall focus clearly on the song and the man singing and beating it. Like I said, at the very least, we the dedicated progressive rock fan should be encouraging him and not forget to acknowledge his courageous career choice in prog. This is serious bloodlines at work here and some massive potential, so guys, let's give him his due . Stay in prog , Simon! If his next album has only three 20 minute + ambitious tracks, I will pee my pants, and so would you, if what is hinted here is a true to form. Oh my, the current prog leaders would be worried about their throne, currently held by? ??Yeah, see what I mean? A terrific album and debut.

4.5 element travelers

Send comments to tszirmay (BETA) | Report this review (#983975) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 22, 2013

3 stars I had a hard time with this album. The brain child of drummer and vocalist Simon Collins, Matt Dorsey on bass and guitar, and (at the time of release) keyboardist Dave Kerzner, it was full of the promise of a modern progressive sound--and I have to say that the first half of the album is wonderf ... (read more)

Report this review (#1113402) | Posted by ergaster | Sunday, January 12, 2014 | Review Permanlink

2 stars "Dimensionaut" by the Multi-national group Sound of Contact from 2013 was next album to hear, enjoy and review. It has a long play time and a very blue cover picture of a man walking on the group and a metal formation of eternity flies in the sky. I like three or four songs on this album but ... (read more)

Report this review (#1042825) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Monday, September 23, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I just had to write a review for this album! Over the past few years I have heard many Prog albums that I have enjoyed, and many more that have the same 'progressive' sound regurgitated over and over again - mostly forgettable and weak imitations of bands that did it much better. I have been a ... (read more)

Report this review (#1026483) | Posted by Kevman28 | Saturday, August 31, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A very solid freshman release from Simon Collins' new band! Their neo-Genesis-meets-Marillion sound is brilliant; Simon plays and sings like his father but also has a unique warmth to his style. Not quite as edgy as Phil - and actually a little more melodic, as one can hear on "Not Coming Down" and ... (read more)

Report this review (#1003085) | Posted by Deckiller | Sunday, July 21, 2013 | Review Permanlink

3 stars THE SOUND OF CONTACT SOUNDS RATHER GOOD.  Well I think the big question that is on everyone's mind is, does Simon Collins sound like his father, Phil Collins, vocally? The answer is 'Yes' he does, but not too an overly large extent. My feeling is that you get little wisps of Phil's voice here a ... (read more)

Report this review (#1000962) | Posted by progbethyname | Thursday, July 18, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Excellent debut album. First 1/3 of album is 5 stars. Middle 1/3 is 3 stars (too consistently mellow and melodic). Last 1/3 is 4 stars. Mobius Slip might creep up to 5 stars with more listens...it's really good. So, on average, 4 starts for my liking. I love Simon's voice & drumming and ... (read more)

Report this review (#994038) | Posted by Tang Daobo | Wednesday, July 10, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I felt compelled to write down a few words having read a few of the reviews here. Although I have always felt that music like food and drink is a matter of taste it still amazes me to find how many proggers are put off by this album because its melodic and comercial in parts, yet many praise Fish's ... (read more)

Report this review (#983065) | Posted by Rowby | Friday, June 21, 2013 | Review Permanlink

2 stars So I got this album! Impossible not to notice in this page. First song sounds like the final vocal part of Yes "Siberian Khatru". Thought it was a cover of that part: no it is not. It is easy to see why the overblown reviews. A mixture between Yes,Crimson and the Pop of bands like Boston or Co ... (read more)

Report this review (#972840) | Posted by admireArt | Friday, June 07, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I came to find out about Sound of Contact not because of Genesis, but because I am also a recent fan of Simon Collins having picked up his album U-catastrophe and I happened to be on his emailing list. I also had the pleasure of meeting Simon at a Marillion Convention in March. The similarities ... (read more)

Report this review (#970835) | Posted by Byrneie | Tuesday, June 04, 2013 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Simon Collins, son of the worldwide famous and ex-progger Phil Collins, finally joined the prog world with Sound of Contact. And yeah, vocals and drums, like his father. I'm still waiting for more, since this was just their debut. They are in the right way, but it still needs some improveme ... (read more)

Report this review (#970572) | Posted by VOTOMS | Monday, June 03, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Absolutely terrific album that has seemingly appeared from thin air, the D I M E N S I O N A U T has arrived! Drawing from a variety of influences and sounds and achieving a sound entirely their own (after only one album!), this four-piece provide the listener with 73 minutes of finely-crafted ... (read more)

Report this review (#970231) | Posted by Progatron | Sunday, June 02, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SOUND OF CONTACT "Dimensionaut"