SKETCHES OF SATIE

Steve Hackett

Steve Hackett Sketches of Satie album cover

Buy STEVE HACKETT Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Gnossienne No. 3 (2:24)
2. Gnossienne No. 2 (1:56)
3. Gnossienne No. 1 (3:18)
4. Gymnopédie No. 3 (2:36)
5. Gymnopédie No. 2 (2:52)
6. Gymnopédie No. 1 (3:55)
7. Pièces Froides No. 1 Airs À Faire Fuir I (2:46)
8. Pièces Froides No. 1 Airs À Faire Fuir II (1:36)
9. Pièces Froides No. 2 (2:05)
10. Avant Dernières Pensées Idylle ÀDebussy (0:57)
11. Avant Dernières Pensées Aubade À Paul Dukas (1:11)
12. Avant Dernières Pensées Méditation À Albert Roussel (0:54)
13. Gnossienne No. 4 (2:41)
14. Gnossienne No. 5 (3:20)
15. Gnossienne No. 6 (1:41)
16. Nocturnes No. 1 (3:31)
17. Nocturnes No. 2 (2:14)
18. Nocturnes No. 3 (3:36)
19. Nocturnes No. 4 (2:49)
20. Nocturnes No. 5 (2:27)

Search STEVE HACKETT Sketches of Satie lyrics

Search STEVE HACKETT Sketches of Satie tabs

- Steve Hackett / guitar
- John Hackett / flute

InsideOut CAMCD20 / SPV 085-31982CD

STEVE HACKETT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy STEVE HACKETT Sketches of Satie Music

Genesis Revisited: Live at the Royal Albert HallGenesis Revisited: Live at the Royal Albert Hall
Inside Out U.S. 2014
Camino 2008
Spectral MorningsSpectral Mornings
Extra tracks · Remastered
Astralwerks 2005
STEVE HACKETT - VOYAGE OF THE ACOLYTE - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $17.11 Buy It Now 44m 43s
Steve Hackett - EMPTY BOX for Mini LP CD Japan DISK UNION OOP RARE Genesis!!!!!! US $75.00 Buy It Now 48m 1s
Steve Hackett - Spectral Mornings NEW CD US $8.33 Buy It Now 1h 2m
STEVE HACKETT**TOKYO TAPES**BOX SET US $37.95 Buy It Now 1h 44m
STEVE HACKETT**BEYOND THE SHROUDED HORIZON (W/SIX TRACK BONUS DISC)**2 CD SET US $15.18 Buy It Now 1h 45m
STEVE HACKETT**SPECTRAL MORNINGS (REMASTERED)**CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 3h 10m
STEVE HACKETT VOYAGE OF THE ACOLYTE CHR-1112 LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS rare A TRICK OF THE TAIL JAPAN CD PHIL COLLINS Tony Banks STEVE HACKETT US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 45m
STEVE HACKETT PLEASE DON'T TOUCH SOLO VINYL LP GENESIS KANSAS WALSH EHART PROMO US $7.00 [0 bids]
STEVE HACKETT: Till We Have Faces (rock & pop vinyl LP) Germany, close to M- US $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 36m
Wild Orchids by Steve Hackett (CD, Feb-2013, Century Media/EMI) US $16.90 Buy It Now 5h 55m
Wild Orchids by Steve Hackett (CD, Sep-2006, Inside Out Music) US $11.74 Buy It Now 5h 55m
Spectral Mornings by Steve Hackett (CD, Sep-2005, Emi/Virgin) US $8.28 Buy It Now 6h 26m
Tribute by Steve Hackett (CD, Mar-2008, Edel Europe) US $8.81 Buy It Now 6h 27m
STEVE HACKETT Cured ROCK LP EPIC Orig Inner GENESIS US $9.99 [0 bids]
STEVE HACKETT Highly Strung ROCK LP EPIC Orig Lyric Inner GENESIS US $9.99 [0 bids]
Till We Have Faces by Steve Hackett (CD, Feb-2013, Century Media/EMI) US $14.55 Buy It Now 6h 53m
Darktown by Steve Hackett (CD, Feb-2013, Century Media/EMI) US $18.17 Buy It Now 6h 53m
STEVE HACKETT Till We Have Faces SEALED LP Vinyl 1984 GENESIS US $12.95 Buy It Now 6h 58m
Watcher of the Skies: Genesis Revisited by Steve Hackett (CD, Feb-2013,... US $15.61 Buy It Now 7h 54m
STEVE HACKETT BAY OF KINGS RARE BRAZIL EDIT LP US $38.00 Buy It Now 8h 5m
STEVE HACKETT - VOYAGE OF THE ACOLYTE PHIL COLLINS PROG ROCK EX- GENESIS LP EX US $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 20m
STEVE HACKETT SPECTRAL MORNINGS CHRYSALIS 1979 US $4.99 Buy It Now 9h 5m
GTR - When The Heart Rules The Mind 7" [Steve Howe Steve Hackett] US $4.99 [0 bids]
STEVE HACKETT cell 151 12" 3 track b/w air conditioned nightmare live and time l US $9.68 Buy It Now 15h 6m
STEVE HACKETT clocks 12" 3 track b/w acoustic set and tigermoth (cb34112) pic sl US $11.29 Buy It Now 15h 6m
Steve Hackett - Feedback `86 - 501048 US $21.17 Buy It Now 18h 23m
Steve Hackett - Till We Have Faces - 500428 US $20.91 Buy It Now 18h 23m
Steve Hackett - Guitar Noir - 506408 US $20.25 Buy It Now 18h 23m
Steve Hackett - To Watch the Storms - 506388 US $20.25 Buy It Now 18h 23m
Steve Hackett - Wild Orchids - 506398 US $20.25 Buy It Now 18h 23m
STEVE HACKETT HOPE I DON'T WAKE 7" P/S SINGLE CHEAP US $6.77 Buy It Now 19h 16m
Steve Hackett Cured JAPAN SHM MINI LP CD NEW BONUS TRACKS VJCP-98034 GENESIS US $27.99 Buy It Now 19h 57m
STEVE HACKETT -- Spectral Mornings -- 1979 LP release US $6.00 Buy It Now 20h 31m
GENESIS : Three Sides Live box for Japan mini lp cd,Peter Gabriel,Steve Hackett, US $59.99 [1 bids]
GENESIS : The way we walk box for Japan mini lp cd,Peter Gabriel,Steve Hackett,P US $59.99 [1 bids]
PROMO WHITE LABEL / STEVE HACKETT PLEASE DON'T TOUCH US $99.99 Buy It Now 22h 19m
STEVE HACKETT,GENESIS voyage of the acolyte 1975 UK CHARISMA STEREO PROMO LP US $33.95 Buy It Now 22h 43m
Steve Hackett & Peter Gabriel - I Know What I Like 2CD Japan VERY RARE Genesis!! US $50.00 Buy It Now 23h 13m
Steve Hackett There Are Many Sides to the night CD brand new sealed Genesis GTR US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Steve Hackett Please Don't Touch CD brand new sealed Genesis GTR US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Steve Hackett Till We Have Faces LMGLP4000 vinyl plays VG/+ duel, myopia PROG ! US $1.68 [1 bids]
STEVE HACKETT Please Don't Touch CDS 4012 plays VG/+ narnia, kim, how can i PROG US $1.68 [1 bids]
STEVE HACKETT HIGHLY STRUNG HACK 1 811209-1 VG/+ give it away weightless PROG ! US $1.68 [0 bids]
Steve Hackett Bay of Kings LMGLP3000 plays VG/+ horizons kim black light etc 80s US $1.68 [0 bids]
steve hackett CURED CDS4021 plays VG/+ hope i don't wake can't let go etc PROG ! US $1.68 [0 bids]
STEVE HACKETT highly strung 1982 UK BLUE CHARISMA STEREO LP + LYRIC INSERT US $25.46 Buy It Now 1 day
Steve Hackett,SEALED 4-LP,2-CD,Genesis Revisited II,White Vinyl Limited Edition US $74.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STEVE HACKETT Till We Have Faces LP Record 1984 IMPORT US $14.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Feedback '86 by Steve Hackett (CD, Feb-2013, Century Media/EMI) US $16.79 Buy It Now 1 day
2013 STEVE HACKETT HIGHLY STRUNG JAPAN SHM MINI LP CD GENESIS BONUS TRACK US $34.00 Buy It Now 1 day
3 Steve Hackett Lps Spectral Mornings Defector Cured NEAR MINT FREE US SHIPPING US $32.50 Buy It Now 1 day
STEVE HACKETT GENESIS Japan 1978 NM LP VOYAGE OF THE ACOHYTE US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Steve Hackett - Guitar Noir 1993 Viceroy 13 tracks Genesis Brian May Queen US $6.00 [1 bids]
David Palmer & LSO - We Know What We Like - Music of Genesis & Steve Hackett US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Steve Hackett Cell 151 12in single 1983 Tour Edition 3 tracks Genesis US $14.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Eddie Hardin - Wind in the Willows CD 2003 Donovan Steve Hackett Jon Lord NEW US $4.23 Buy It Now 1 day
Steve Hackett - Genesis Revisited II 2 CD US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Steve Hackett - Genesis Revisited Ii: Collection CD US $16.35 Buy It Now 1 day
Steve Hackett - Feedback 86 CD US $26.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Steve Hackett - Wild Orchids CD US $18.53 Buy It Now 1 day
Steve Hackett - Beyond The Shrouded Horizon CD US $18.22 Buy It Now 1 day
Steve Hackett - Genesis Revisited Ii CD INSIDE OUT US $21.17 Buy It Now 1 day
Steve Hackett - Live Rails CD US $19.72 Buy It Now 1 day
Steve Hackett - Darktown (re-issue 2013) NEW CD US $16.89 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS STEVE HACKETT PLEASE DON'T TOUCH RECORD LP USA CHRYSALIS 1978 US $13.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Steve Hackett (Genesis) Please Don't Touch LP CHR 1176 Steve Walsh Phil Kansas US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GTR When The Heart Rules The Mind 7" SOUTH AFRICA Steve Howe Steve Hackett YES US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STEVE HACKETT 15 JAPAN REPLICAS TO THE ORIGINAL LP IN A OBI CD Sealed Box Set US $849.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STEVE HACKETT Cured LP ex Genesis prog US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GTR - Steve Hackett & Steve Howe (Cassette 1986 Arista) Arena Rock VG COND. US $6.89 Buy It Now 1 day
Steve Hackett Voyage Of The Acolyte CD US $11.87 Buy It Now 1 day
STEVE HACKETT - Highly Strung - Excellent Con LP Record US $13.56 Buy It Now 2 days
Steve Hackett - Momentum (NEW CD) US $19.08 Buy It Now 2 days
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1980 STEVE HACKETT Defector CL-1-3103 Art Rock USA US $7.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Steve Hackett Lot 3 LP Records Cured Highly Strung A Doll Thats Made In America US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
STEVE HACKETT - CURED 2007 REMASTERED JAPAN MINI LP CD US $33.93 Buy It Now 2 days
STEVE HACKETT - METAMORPHEUS 2007 REMASTERED JAPAN MINI LP CD US $33.93 Buy It Now 2 days
(P) Steve Hackett - Genesis Revisited II (2012) US $15.26 [0 bids]
? Steve Hackett- Cured (Charisma) (UK) (of Genesis, GTR US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
? Steve Hackett - Highly Strung (of Genesis, GTR) US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GENESIS 1970-1975 Box 13 Discs 5.1 Surround, CD DVD Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett US $97.83 [3 bids]
Genesis 1976-1982 12 disc Box Set 5.1 Surround CD DVD Phil Collins Steve Hackett US $97.83 [5 bids]
SQUACKETT (CHRIS) (SQUIRE) (&) (STEVE) (HACKETT) - SEA OF NEW VINYL US $20.20 Buy It Now 2 days
New: CHRIS SQUIRE (Yes Bassist) with Steve Hackett of Genesis - Swiss Choir CD US $6.98 Buy It Now 2 days
STEVE HACKETT - CURED , CHARISMA 1981 , EX/M- ,LP US $7.55 Buy It Now 2 days
STEVE HACKETT GENESIS REVISITED CD JAPAN US $22.49 Buy It Now 2 days
STEVE HACKETT Defector LP - 1980 UK 1ST PRESS Vinyl Album EX+/EX +POSTER US $13.56 Buy It Now 2 days
WATCHER OF THE SKIES STEVE HACKETT 1996 CD Guardian Records CDP 521943 OOP US $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Highly Strung by Steve Hackett (CD, Jan-2007 EMI Europe) US $6.99 [0 bids]
STEVE HACKETT - ROYAL PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA (CD 2005) NEW !! US $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Steve Hackett Highly Strung JAPAN SHM MINI LP CD BONUS TRACK VJCP-98035 GENESIS US $27.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Steve Hackett Time Lapse SEALED 1992 Netherlands CD Genesis GTR King Crimson US $15.95 Buy It Now 2 days
RARE WL PROMO PRESS!! STEVE HACKETT CURED JAPAN CHARISMA LP NM VINYL!! US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Steve Hackett~To Watch the Storms~SPECIAL EDITION UK Digipak Import CD~InsideOut US $17.00 Buy It Now 2 days
STEVE HACKETT Higly Strung CD MINI LP US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Steve Hackett(Vinyl LP)Cured-Charisma-6302 153-UK-VG/VG US $10.15 Buy It Now 2 days
STEVE HACKETT Cured CD MINI LP US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
STEVE HACKETT CURED , GENESIS, YUGOSLAV LP VINYL US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
GTR S/T LP STEVE HOWE STEVE HACKETT SEALED YES GENESIS US $22.00 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy STEVE HACKETT music online Buy STEVE HACKETT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for STEVE HACKETT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

STEVE HACKETT Sketches of Satie ratings distribution

STEVE HACKETT Sketches of Satie reviews

Review by soundsweird
4 stars I had to buy this album, since I am a big fan of the composer as well as the performers. The sound quality is wonderful, and the performances are fine. My only complaint is that the Hacketts decided to play some of the pieces a lot slower than I am used to hearing them. Usually, that would be a plus for me, but not when the tempo is such that it seems to plod along. Hmmm...maybe I'll buy one of those players that has an adjustable speed control...

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#26237) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 27, 2004

Review by chessman
4 stars Another excellent offering, this time from the Hackett brothers. Their interpretations of classical composer Erik Satie are subtle, atmospheric and interesting. Twenty tracks here, but none are very long, and I won't go into individual pieces, as they all blend and meld together exquisitely to make one satisfying whole. It is John who takes the lead on most of the pieces, his flute work delicate and considered. Steve backs him wonderfully, remaining in the background for the most part, his guitar providing the soundscapes and counterpoints to the flighty, almost fairy-like flute parts. This record is just another example of Steve's and John's diversity and wonderful ability to make superb music, whether it be original compositions or distinctive interpretations of some of their major influences. A must have for fans of both Hacketts. This album is especially effective when listened to in the dark, or semi-dark on winter nights. Beautiful. Four stars, even though the music isn't mainstream.

Send comments to chessman (BETA) | Report this review (#94529) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 14, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars This is another classical album by Steve. This time again with his brother on the flute.

He decided to cover some pieces written about a century prior this album by a French composer : Satie. but I don't know the original work (this type of music not being at all my cup of tea). It is again a very personal work from Steve which can leave some of his fans (like myself) somewhat perplex.

The whole of the album features very quite music and if several pieces are pleasant to be heard separately, I have to say that almost fifty minutes of this treat is too much for me. But while being sliced, it is a nice and peaceful music to listen to.

Definitely relaxing and ambient. The "Gymnopédies" pieces will also inspire Brian Eno. The music in here is too monotonous to be attractive for the ones who prefer the symphonic side of the man. And I have repeated several times during my reviews from his works that albums like "Voyage.", "Spectral." were my preferred ones. Even if his first fully acoustic album ("Bay Of Kings") was not too bad an exercise (as far as my ability to appreciate this type of work is concerned).

I would rate this album like "A Midsummer Night's Dream" : two stars. If you are into classical music, you might be seduced; otherwise, just pass your way.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#162255) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Review by colorofmoney91
4 stars Sketches of Satie is a collection of compositions by French impressionist/minimalist composer Erik Satie recorded by Steve Hackett and his flute-playing brother, John. I came about this originally just looking for a collection of Satie recordings, and I noticed Steve Hackett's name on the list and immediately decided to look into it. I'm definitely glad I did, because this music is beautiful through and through. I've never been a fan of minimalist classical music, but definitely one of the earliest and his music is injected with a fantastic dose of impressionism in the vein of Debussy or Ravel. This recording may not do much for progressive rock fans, but classical fans would definitely find this highly enjoyable. After this, I decided to get all of Steve Hackett's classical oriented albums, and none of them are a let down. He truly is a very talented guitarist. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for absolutely captivating ethereal music that could make any grown man cry.

Send comments to colorofmoney91 (BETA) | Report this review (#431204) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 11, 2011

5 stars Nice Piece of art. this is maybe not prog as you know it but in some kind of way the music progress and its very well played. John Hackett its very good and his sound its too Soft and well Executed.The pieces are not slower,the Satie style is slow and very atmospheric. If you like all the piece ... (read more)

Report this review (#53505) | Posted by bamba | Wednesday, October 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of STEVE HACKETT "Sketches of Satie"