LITTLE VICTORIES

Post Rock/Math rock

Krobak Little Victories album cover

Buy KROBAK Music
Studio Album, released in 2013

1. And there by the River I lost my Glasses (10'14'')
2. Last Days of Summer (8'15'')
3. Broken (are little Victories by the Ship of Life) (4'40'')
4. It's snowing like it's the End of the World (11'50'')
5. Amnesia (2013) (15'01'')

Total Time 50'00''

Artwork by Kuba Sokolski, June 2013

facebook.com/krobakband
krobak.bandcamp.com
vk.com/krobak

Thanks to prog-jester for the addition

KROBAK MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KROBAK Little Victories Music

More places to buy KROBAK music online Buy KROBAK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KROBAK DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KROBAK Little Victories ratings distribution

KROBAK Little Victories reviews

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
4 stars The very first time I played this I just wasn't sure what to think. The melodies are sometimes fairly simplistic and often repeated, and there is a great deal of space between the instruments; but as is often the case, one doesn't get the most out of an album just by playing it once. The more time I spent with this, the greater the rewards. The bass and drums keep everything together, although there are times when one or the other is absent depending on what is required, leaving just the violin and guitar as the leads. Sometimes they duet, sometimes they contrast, but themes are brought in and played with and it is the 'simplicity' and repeating of motifs that actually makes this album what it is.

This is truly an album that creates its' own space and dimension, a world where nothing else matters. The only way to truly get the most from this is by playing it on headphones and being removed from everything else that is going on, as this is music that definitely rewards those who are willing to invest the time in getting to know it better. If I had reviewed this after only playing it a few times I would have been scratching my head trying to work out how I could break it to Igor that I really wasn't a fan. But, having listened to it a great deal I am happy that I am able to go to him and say that he has created something that is quite different to most prog albums I listen to, namely that they have created something that is all about emotional connection with the music with a low note density. I have surprised myself with just how much I have enjoyed playing this, and the digipak artwork from Mals also shows that this is something a little out of the ordinary. Listen to some of their music on Bandcamp and discover it for yourself. krobak.bandcamp.com

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#1046850) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 28, 2013

Review by Windhawk
4 stars Ukrainian project KROBAK has been around for a few years at this point, with digital releases dating back to 2007 issued under this moniker. These initial productions were the result of the ideas of Igor Sidorenko, who ran Krobak as a one-man band until 2012. At that point the one man band evolved into a four man strong band unit, and "Little Victories", released through the Russian label MALS Records in 2013, may be regarded as the debut album by Krobak as a full fledged band.

Krobak doesn't expand the borders of the post rock universe with "Little Victories", but they do have an effective and well made take on what to my ears sounds like fairly traditional post rock of the instrumental variety. Frail light toned guitar details alternating with dark toned, beefy guitar riffs with a distinct textured feel to them, with mournful violin solo on top as the main contrasting element. That's basically what you'll find on this album, and if you enjoy post rock utilizing these elements as the main, dominating effects then you will most likely find this disc by Krobak to be of interest as well.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#1140379) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, March 02, 2014

Post a review of KROBAK "Little Victories"