TO ANOTHER HORIZON

Gandalf

Gandalf To Another Horizon album cover

Buy GANDALF Music
Studio Album, released in 1982

1. March Of No Reason (incl. 'The Falling Star') (7:17)
2. Natual Forces Getting Out Of Contol (incl. 'Wind, Rain, Thunder And Fire') (10:16)
3. Requiem For A Planet (5:14)
4. Flight Of The Crystal Ships (4:32)
To Another Horizon:
5. ('The Divine Message') (2:27)
6. ('Change Of Consiousness') (5:54)
7. ('Creation Of A New World') (3:29)
8. Cosmic Balance (4:40)
9. Peace Without End (4:58)

Search GANDALF To Another Horizon lyrics

Search GANDALF To Another Horizon tabs

- Gandalf (Heinz Strobl) / acoustic & electric guitars, synths, Mellotron, organ, sitar, vocoder, rhythm machine, wind chimes, percussion
+ Robert Julian Horky / flutes
- Peter Aschenbrenner / grand piano and organ
- Egdon Groger / drums
- Heinz Hummer / bass
- Helmut Kappel / Stimme bei Track Nr. 3 and 5

Lp. WEA 240074 (Germany) / Cd. WEA 2292-40074-2

GANDALF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GANDALF To Another Horizon Music

Real Music 2011
Into the LightInto the Light
BSM 2001
Gandalf - Invisible Power A Symphonic Prayer US $22.99 Buy It Now 7h 31m
GANDALF THE GREY The Grey Wizard Am I FOLK PSYCH RE LP US $49.75 Buy It Now 10h 39m
Gandalf - Barakaya [CD New] US $13.23 Buy It Now 11h 53m
GANDALF THE GREY - THE GREY WIZARD AM I - NEW CD US $9.11 Buy It Now 12h
GANDALF - ROCK HELL - NEW CD US $17.52 Buy It Now 12h 13m
GANDALF org usa lp S/T capitol 1st pressing black rainbow US $434.99 Buy It Now 13h
Rock Hell by Gandalf (CD, Mar-2001, Wicked World (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Gandalf - Samsara CD Pop New Age Meditation US $18.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Gandalf & Friends - Live In Vienna CD US $18.29 Buy It Now 1 day
GANDALF - EARTHSONG AND STARDANCE - NEW CD US $13.15 Buy It Now 1 day
Gandalf "Colors Of A new Dawn" (Real Music) Ambient, Electronic. Brand New CD.. US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LULLACRY - Vol. 4 CD Gothic Metal from Finland! Gandalf, Gloomy Grim, NEW US $4.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Gandalf the Grey-The Grey Wizard Am I US psych cd US $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Dreamweaver * by Gandalf (CD, Jan-2013, Real Music Records) US $11.23 Buy It Now 2 days
GANDALF Rock Hell ADVANCE PROMO CARD SLEEVE CD RARE!!! US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Gandalf S/T NM Record Capitol ST 121 Black Colorband Label 2000's Repressing US $99.90 Buy It Now 2 days
@ CD Gandalf - Rock Hell / WICKED WORLD 2001 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RaRe GANDALF MURPHY & The SLAMBOVIAN CIRCUS OF DREAMS - 2 CD SET US $21.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Gandalf Deadly Fairytales CD Japan OBI Rare OOP US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Barakaya: Trees Water Life by Gandalf (CD, Feb-2001, BSC Music) US $10.64 Buy It Now 2 days
Samsara by Gandalf (CD, Feb-2006, Prude) US $14.40 Buy It Now 2 days
Live in Vienna by Gandalf (CD, Sep-2008, 2 Discs, Prudence) US $10.52 Buy It Now 2 days
Gandalf - Echoes From Ancient Dreams [CD New] US $17.98 Buy It Now 3 days
TWILIGHT OPHERA shadows embrace the dark ORIG CD gandalf crimfall silentium US $9.99 [0 bids]
TWILIGHT OPHERA midnight horror ORIG CD gandalf crimfall silentium US $9.99 [0 bids]
GANDALF, ASTERIX-2 TITLE SET-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD US $79.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Gandalf - Echoes From Ancient Dreams CD US $18.20 Buy It Now 3 days
Gandalf - Barakaya CD US $18.20 Buy It Now 3 days
Gandalf The Grey - Tin Angel CD US $15.67 Buy It Now 3 days
GANDALF - ECHOES FROM ANCIENT DREAMS NEW CD US $21.39 Buy It Now 3 days
Gandalf "Rock Hell" (CD, Mar-2001, Wicked World (USA)) US $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Good Thief Tips His Hat by Gandalf Murphy & the Slambovian Circus of Dreams... US $12.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Gandalf - LABRYINTH FILM SOUNDTRACK cd US $7.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Colours of the Earth by Gandalf (CD, Jun-2003, BSC Music) US $11.02 Buy It Now 4 days
2 RARE PROMO CD ALBUMS-GANDALF-(ROCK HELL)/THE SEVENTH SUN-(MERIDIAN)/ROCK US $3.25 [0 bids]
GANDALF - SYMPHONIC LANDSCAPES (IMPORT) NEW CD US $41.18 Buy It Now 4 days
GANDALF - BARAKAYA NEW CD US $21.39 Buy It Now 4 days
Labyrinth CD Gandalf MINT New Age Psychedelic Film Soundtrack RARE US $11.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Gandalf - Earthsong & Stardance CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 5 days
GANDALF ~'Rock Hell'~RARE PROMO ONLY CD 2001~ THRASH METAL~NEW US $8.14 Buy It Now 5 days
ROBERT JULIAN HORKY APOLYS 1989 CD Ian Boddy Mind Over Matter Gandalf US $7.07 [0 bids]
ROBERT JULIAN THE COSMIC DANCE 1995 CD Ian Boddy Mind Over Matter Gandalf US $7.07 [0 bids]
ROBERT JULIAN VOYAGER 1990 CD Ian Boddy Mind Over Matter Gandalf US $7.07 [0 bids]
Gandalf "Deadly Fairytales" CD US $3.00 [0 bids]
[THE] SCOURGER - TO THE SLAYGROUND MCD 2005 · STAY HEAVY S.H.R. 001.2 · GANDALF US $1.00 [1 bids]
From Source to Sea - Gandalf New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $36.45 Buy It Now 5 days
GANDALF 1st US PROMO *RAINBOW CAPITOL* MONSTER RARE PSYCH MASTERPIECE~GREAT COPY US $41.00 [4 bids]
Eligh Instrumentals - Gandalf's Beat Machine 1 Living Legends Legendary Music US $13.99 [0 bids]
Labyrinth - 1990 Gandalf - Austria Film Soundtrack CD US $44.66 Buy It Now 6 days
Gandalf Murphy & Slambovian C...- Flapjacks... Pic Disc US $15.85 Buy It Now 7 days
GANDALF: Magic Theatre LP (Germany) Rock & Pop US $18.00 Buy It Now 7 days
~ GANDALF - DREAMWEAVER ~ MUSIC CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Tribes Hill JENNY BRUCE Gandalf Murphy INA MAY WOOL Terence Martin MARC VON EM US $8.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Gandalf "Deadly Fairytales" CD - NEW! US $6.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Gandalf "Rock Hell" CD - NEW! US $6.99 Buy It Now 7 days
GANDALF-Golden Earrings-Very Rare Psychedelic Acid Rock Promo 45-CAPITOL #P 2400 US $179.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Gandalf - Earthsong & Stardance [CD New] US $16.16 Buy It Now 8 days
GANDALF - SAMSARA [GANDALF] - NEW CD US $13.92 Buy It Now 8 days
GANDALF - EARTHSONG & STARDANCE NEW CD US $23.23 Buy It Now 8 days
GANDALF Gallery of Dreams STEVE HACKETT CD 1993 GENESIS US $32.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Open Your Heart For XMAS SEALED LP Scranton,PA Holland Sound Gandalf John Nasser US $1.37 Buy It Now 8 days
Gandalf: Rock Hell CD ECD 2001 Earache Records NEW US $4.95 Buy It Now 9 days
@ CD Gandalf - Symphonic Landscapes PROG SYMFO / SONY MUSIC 1990 US $12.99 Buy It Now 9 days
GANDALF - DEADLY FAIRYTALES - NEW CD US $6.98 Buy It Now 9 days
Gandalf - Colours Of The Earth [CD New] US $17.62 Buy It Now 9 days
Dreamweaver, Gandalf, Good US $12.45 Buy It Now 9 days
DIVINE DECAY - Songs of the Damned (CD, 2001, Osmose) Thrash Metal, Gandalf US $4.19 Buy It Now 9 days
GANDALF - COLOURS OF THE EARTH NEW CD US $21.39 Buy It Now 9 days
Gandalf:Visions LP m-/m- US $18.00 Buy It Now 9 days
CLIFFORD T WARD no more rock n roll 7" b/w gandalf (6006490) uk philips 1975 US $8.14 Buy It Now 10 days
GANDALF From Source To Sea CD US $22.02 Buy It Now 10 days
GANDALF - BARAKAYA: TREES WATER LIFE - NEW CD US $10.61 Buy It Now 10 days
GANDALF - LIVE IN VIENNA [GANDALF] [CD BOXSET] [2 DISCS] - NEW CD BOXSET US $10.43 Buy It Now 11 days
Two sealed solo CD 's by Peter Sando ( psych Gandalf LP CD artist) US $10.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Gandalf - Deadly fairytales CD US $9.77 Buy It Now 11 days
Germany GANDALF Tale From A Long Forgotten Kingdom LP US $29.99 Buy It Now 12 days
GANDALF THE GREY - GREY WIZARD AM I NEW CD US $18.46 Buy It Now 12 days
Gandalf The Grey - Grey Wizard Am I [CD New] US $12.09 Buy It Now 12 days
A Box of Everything by The Slambovian Circus Of Dreams/Gandalf Murphy US $25.50 Buy It Now 12 days
Gandalf - Colours Of The Earth CD US $18.20 Buy It Now 13 days
Gandalf - Symphonic Landscapes [CD New] US $35.45 Buy It Now 13 days
GANDALF DEADLY FAIRYTALES CD 10 TRACKS - 1998 EC US $13.05 Buy It Now 13 days
GANDALF Lotus Land CD New & Sealed US $14.52 Buy It Now 13 days
Gandalf's Beat Machine by Eligh (CD, 1996, Grouch Mystik Journeymen, ASOP) NEW! US $85.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Gandalf- Labyrinth CD 1991 Eurock/OOP/Rare US $15.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Gandalf The Grey - Grey Wizard Am I CD US $15.78 Buy It Now 14 days
Gandalf Hackett Steve - Gallery Of Dreams Plus Live CD US $37.93 Buy It Now 14 days
Gandalf - Symphonic Landscapes CD US $35.46 Buy It Now 14 days
Live in Vienna - Gandalf & Friends New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $22.91 Buy It Now 14 days
The Grey Wizard Am I by Gandalf the Grey (CD, Sep-2003, Gear Fab) US $9.14 Buy It Now 14 days
GANDALF Golden Earrings + Never Too Far 45 US 1969 orig Capitol P 2400 US $100.00 Buy It Now 16 days
GANDALF / STEVE HACKETT - GALLERY OF DREAMS PLUS LIVE NEW CD US $46.31 Buy It Now 16 days
GANDALF THE GREY The Grey Wizard Am I PRIVATE REISSUE MADE BY ARTIST FOLK PSYCH US $9.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Gandalf CD Lotus Land New Age Tampura Relaxation Meditation Yoga Massage US $14.00 Buy It Now 16 days
GANDALF - DREAMWEAVER NEW CD US $23.23 Buy It Now 17 days
Gandalf - Dreamweaver [CD New] US $13.38 Buy It Now 17 days
Gandalf - Lotus Land [CD New] US $15.59 Buy It Now 17 days
GANDALF & FRIENDS - LIVE IN VIENNA NEW CD US $21.39 Buy It Now 17 days
Lotus Land - Gandalf New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $22.91 Buy It Now 17 days
GANDALF - GATES TO SECRET REALITIES - NEW CD US $15.28 Buy It Now 17 days

More places to buy GANDALF music online Buy GANDALF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GANDALF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GANDALF To Another Horizon ratings distribution

GANDALF To Another Horizon reviews

Review by erik neuteboom
4 stars This was the first album I bought from Gandalf, I just played it on my new record player and it sounds still great. If I compare it to the other Gandalf album "Magic theatre" I reviewed last week for Prog Archives, this album features lots of Mellotron, that is always at least one more star in my ratings! And in general the compositions on "To another horizon" sound less adventurous and varied. But they appeal more to me, I love the warm and moving sound on these nine tracks featuring a fine blend of acoustic and electric instruments, from a flute and sitar to a howling electric guitar and from soaring strings to an electronic music atmosphere delivering sequencer-like sounds.

SIMPLY WONDERFUL!!

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#43528) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 20, 2005

Review by Andrea Cortese
4 stars Warning: This record is dedicated to all politicians in the world! So, come on people, let's enter the fantastic landscapes and travel our belove planet and see its death, see its bright rebirth!

No vocals, no words to be translated and explained this time, only a conceptual long instrumental work thougt to be the dream of any good prog lover who fear not to listen such a wonderful mix between symphonic, folk, space and "new-age" sounds. The austrian artist who named himslef "Gandalf" moved so much my curiosity that I had to find some of his efforts, recorded since the first lights of the eighgties. Yes, it's right, 80s! But don't worry, you'll not be going to listen the usual and unsatisfactory pop music of that time. Gandalf is one of the multi-intrumentists who graced us of so many gems during the years as, for example, Mike Oldfield and Bo Hansson. More similar to the last one for his masterful use of synthesizer, mellotron and organ, well mixed and balanced with electric and acoustic guitars (acoustic mainly), sitar and flute.

While similar to Bo Hansson for his skills anf for the instruments chosen, Gandalf is very different from him, anyway, for how peculiar are his beautiful and dreamy arrangements, moulded by his visionary (apocalyptic but optimistic) genious as it was the soundtrack of the life of any human being or, rather, the whole human kind. Presage of what he would have created in the following recent years when he re- directed toward real new-age music (which is not exactly my cup of tea...).

Death and rebirth of the planet, I've said. So this is the tracking list of his third album: 1. March of No Reason (incl. The Falling Star) (7,17 mns); 2. Natural Forces Getting Out of Control (10,16 mns); 3. Requiem for a Planet (5,14 mns); 4. Flight of the Crystal Ship (4,32 mns); 5. To Another Horizon (including The Divine Message, Change of Consciousness, Creation of a New World) (11,50), 6. Cosmic Balance (4,40), 7. Peace Without End (4,58).

Gandalf was helped in this project by other master musicians playing flute, grand piano, drums and bass and I have to admit the result is excellent for my ears and relaxing for my brain, the music trying (in the second half mainly) to reach such chilling, spacey and peaceful landscapes...

No doubt this album deserves four stars. Thanks to the "Eastern Empire" (Osterreich, Austria) for it gave us the fabulous Gandalf!

Send comments to Andrea Cortese (BETA) | Report this review (#88520) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Review by Prog-jester
3 stars First of all, thanks Andrea adn Erik for recommendations. Finally after listening to 4 GANDALF albums (2 good and 2 bad) I've realised what that's all about. Heinz isn't possessed with signatures of bombastic prog attitude. He just makes the music he likes. The music with elements of World and Ethnic sound,Space Rock and Symphonic Prog.Good melodies and some programmed drums - maybe, in order to make it hypnotical and repetitive (in a good sense of this world). Relaxing and mild music, differs a lot from what we have on almost purely New Ageable GANDALF's albums form 90s. Recommended. Now - to MAGIC THEATRE! ;)

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#108022) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 19, 2007

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars (Tolkien's good wizard GANDALF seems to be very wanted name for a band: in the library database I get a Finnish heavy group and an American psychedelic group by it - but not this Austrian multi-instrumentalist New Age musician.) I was into this kind of instrumental music umpteen years ago. I liked this album, though some years later I removed it from my shelf when the genre began to wear out for me. But I still remember this music quite well (so well that there's indeed not much point to have the CD). Is that a good or a bad sign? I'm actually more convinced of the latter: it's too simple and easily digested to offer much on the long run. The good side is that it is beautiful and 'inner-cinematic' music fit for escaping your little worries.

The theme of global concern and love for nature can be felt in Gandalf's music. The titles naturally help that. 'Requiem for a Planet' is wonderful, nearly sacred track in which the majestic organ takes the lead gradually, while the most proggy, 'Natural Forces Getting Out of Control' tasted quite pretentious and overlong collache using some natural sounds. The opener 'March of No Reason' is a highlight; it comes near to TANGERINE DREAM of the time. The last two tracks have a sense of deep happiness in them, the other being a piano-based composition in a faster tempo and the other in a typical new Age tenderness.

A sort of 80's cousin to Bo HANSSON's albums from the 70's, though more on the New Age field than progrock. But it beats the more usual New Age with its richer set of instruments (Gandalf is also a gifted guitarist!).

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#114513) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 08, 2007

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Natural forces getting out of control

To Another Horizon may be one of Gandalf's more adventurous efforts, but it is not his best in my opinion. Compared to the previous Visions, To Another Horizon is decidedly more electronic and focuses more on atmospheric soundscapes and hypnotic rhythms than on melody. As such, this album is less memorable and, like on the debut Journey To An Imaginary Land, there are some "grey areas" where nothing much happens. Natural Forces Getting Out Of Control is, for example, a bit too long and repetitive for my taste. I'm not going to comment on each individual track, but Cosmic Balance is noteworthy is reminding strongly of the style of Vangelis.

Gandalf was experimenting a bit with this album and it seems that he didn't quite know in which direction he wanted to go at this time. The following Magic Theatre would be a more mature album combining the adventurous spirit of this album with the melodic sensibilities of Visions. But even though To Another Horizon is a lesser album than the two that surround it, it is still enjoyable in its own right and a good addition to a collection that already holds those other albums.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#1178850) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 24, 2014

3 stars This is definitely not new age. The music is somewhere between spacey krautrock and MIKE OLDFIELD. It's space rock with occasional symphonic and folk outbursts. The music is nice but somehow I can't really connect to it. It's lacking some energy and developement maybe. But that's just my opini ... (read more)

Report this review (#26416) | Posted by terramystic | Sunday, February 06, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars While I give this LP a three it is a VERY healthy three and a half really. This 3rd album from the Austrian Bo Hansson is his definite best. Very close to Hansson's work, but including synth-sequencers and slightly more modern equipment, Gandalf's To Another Horizon is a must for synth fans. t ... (read more)

Report this review (#26415) | Posted by mandrake2 | Wednesday, January 19, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GANDALF "To Another Horizon"