TO ANOTHER HORIZON

Gandalf

Gandalf To Another Horizon album cover

Buy GANDALF Music
Studio Album, released in 1982

1. March Of No Reason (incl. 'The Falling Star') (7:17)
2. Natual Forces Getting Out Of Contol (incl. 'Wind, Rain, Thunder And Fire') (10:16)
3. Requiem For A Planet (5:14)
4. Flight Of The Crystal Ships (4:32)
To Another Horizon:
5. ('The Divine Message') (2:27)
6. ('Change Of Consiousness') (5:54)
7. ('Creation Of A New World') (3:29)
8. Cosmic Balance (4:40)
9. Peace Without End (4:58)

Search GANDALF To Another Horizon lyrics

Search GANDALF To Another Horizon tabs

- Gandalf (Heinz Strobl) / acoustic & electric guitars, synths, Mellotron, organ, sitar, vocoder, rhythm machine, wind chimes, percussion
+ Robert Julian Horky / flutes
- Peter Aschenbrenner / grand piano and organ
- Egdon Groger / drums
- Heinz Hummer / bass
- Helmut Kappel / Stimme bei Track Nr. 3 and 5

Lp. WEA 240074 (Germany) / Cd. WEA 2292-40074-2

GANDALF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GANDALF To Another Horizon Music

DreamweaverDreamweaver
Real Music 2013
Lotus Land Gandalf CD US $15.77 Buy It Now 19h 34m
Gandalf - Invisible Power A Symphonic Prayer US $14.99 [0 bids]
Gandalf-S/T-US '60s soft psychedelic masterpiece-NEW LP COLORED US $33.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gandalf 3xcds Austrian The Universal Play Gallery of Dreams From Source to Sea US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LP-Gandalf 60's psych garage freakbeat RE US $13.99 [0 bids]
CD-Gandalf-Deadly Fairytales hard rock psych US $9.99 [0 bids]
Gandalf Samsara CD US $17.98 Buy It Now 2 days
RARE Disney's THE HOBBIT Read Along Book Record #368. Boy Girl Edu Bilbo Gandalf US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GANDALF - SANCTUARY NEW CD US $24.27 Buy It Now 2 days
Gandalf Sanctuary CD NEW US $16.91 Buy It Now 2 days
Gandalf Earthsong & Stardance CD NEW US $15.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Gandalf Magic Theater German Pressing NM US $6.99 [0 bids]
Earthsong and Stardance Gandalf/Corso Wien Orchestra CD US $12.49 Buy It Now 3 days
LP GANDALF To another horizon WEA prog rock, w/inner sleeve US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
GANDALF MURPHY Slambovian Circus Good Theif Tips His Hat CD SEALED Hard to find US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
GANDALF - LOTUS LAND [GANDALF] - NEW CD US $10.75 Buy It Now 4 days
GANDALF - INTO THE LIGHT NEW CD US $22.34 Buy It Now 4 days
GANDALF - COLOURS OF THE EARTH NEW CD US $22.34 Buy It Now 4 days
Gandalf "Deadly Fairytales' CD - NEW! US $6.71 Buy It Now 4 days
Gandalf "Rock Hell" CD - NEW! US $6.71 Buy It Now 4 days
Gandalf ?- Fantasia German orig' WEA LP 1987 electronic cosmic US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
LULLACRY - Vol. 4 CD Gothic Metal from Finland! Gandalf, Gloomy Grim, NEW US $4.49 Buy It Now 5 days
Sanctuary Gandalf CD US $13.91 Buy It Now 5 days
Gandalf "Colors Of A new Dawn" (Real Music) Ambient, Electronic. Brand New CD.. US $8.99 Buy It Now 5 days
GANDALF THE GREY The Grey Wizard Am I FOLK PSYCH RE LP US $49.75 Buy It Now 5 days
Gandalf - Barakaya [CD New] US $13.32 Buy It Now 5 days
Gandalf "Rock Hell" (CD, Mar-2001, Wicked World (USA)) US $4.00 [0 bids]
Gandalf - Sanctuary (CD New) US $10.96 Buy It Now 6 days
GANDALF Gallery Of Dreams 1993 1st press PROG ROCK cd RARE genesis progressive US $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Barakaya - Gandalf (2001, CD New) US $11.45 Buy It Now 6 days
Gandalf - Gandalf Reissue LP 180 Gr Vinyl US $48.45 Buy It Now 6 days
Gandalf:Visions LP m-/m- US $18.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Gandalf the Grey-The Grey Wizard Am I US psych cd US $13.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Gandalf - Earthsong & Stardance [CD New] US $15.45 Buy It Now 7 days
GANDALF THE GREY The Grey Wizard Am I LP (2003 reissue) 1972 Sealed New HTF OOP US $25.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Gandalf:Echoes From Ancient Dreams~GERMANY SEALED RARE US $12.99 Buy It Now 7 days
@ CD Gandalf - Rock Hell / WICKED WORLD 2001 US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
RaRe GANDALF MURPHY & The SLAMBOVIAN CIRCUS OF DREAMS - 2 CD SET US $21.95 Buy It Now 7 days
GANDALF - SAMSARA NEW CD US $22.34 Buy It Now 7 days
Gandalf & Friends - Live In Vienna CD US $17.22 Buy It Now 8 days
Gandalf - Symphonic Landscapes CD US $56.46 Buy It Now 8 days
Gandalf The Grey - Tin Angel CD US $16.56 Buy It Now 8 days
GANDALF - ECHOES FROM ANCIENT DREAMS NEW CD US $22.34 Buy It Now 8 days
Flapjacks from the Sky -Gandalf Murphy & Slambovian Circus of Dreams (2 CD Set) US $11.95 Buy It Now 8 days
GANDALF: Vision - German pressing US $16.40 Buy It Now 8 days
LP-Gandalf 60's psych garage freakbeat RE US $13.99 Buy It Now 8 days
NEW - Flapjacks From The Sky by Gandalf Murphy US $30.98 Buy It Now 8 days
GANDALF Same LP Reissue USA CAPITOL Psych Monster OOP MINT US $67.22 Buy It Now 8 days
CD-Gandalf-Deadly Fairytales hard rock psych US $15.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Gandalf - LABRYINTH FILM SOUNDTRACK cd US $7.50 Buy It Now 9 days
Flapjacks from the Sky by Gandalf Murphy & the Slambovian Circus of Dreams US $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
GANDALF - BARAKAYA NEW CD US $22.34 Buy It Now 9 days
GANDALF - SYMPHONIC LANDSCAPES (IMPORT) NEW CD US $43.02 Buy It Now 9 days
Gandalf Deadly Fairytales CD Japan OBI Rare OOP US $17.99 Buy It Now 9 days
GANDALF Rock Hell ADVANCE PROMO CARD SLEEVE CD RARE!!! US $4.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Gandalf - Gallery Of Dreams (CD, 1992, Sony (Canada)) US $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Labyrinth CD Gandalf MINT New Age Psychedelic Film Soundtrack RARE US $11.00 Buy It Now 10 days
GANDALF ~'Rock Hell'~RARE PROMO ONLY CD 2001~ THRASH METAL~NEW US $8.39 Buy It Now 10 days
GANDALF - ROCK HELL - NEW CD US $18.91 Buy It Now 10 days
NEW Dreamweaver - Gandalf US $13.74 Buy It Now 10 days
GANDALF - SACRED RIVER NEW CD US $24.27 Buy It Now 11 days
Gates to Secret Realities Gandalf CD US $13.33 Buy It Now 11 days
Gandalf Barakaya CD US $13.63 Buy It Now 11 days
Labyrinth - 1990 Gandalf - Austria Film Soundtrack CD US $46.66 Buy It Now 11 days
Colours of the Earth Gandalf CD US $11.12 Buy It Now 11 days
GANDALF - DREAMWEAVER NEW CD US $24.27 Buy It Now 11 days
Sacred River Gandalf CD US $12.46 Buy It Now 11 days
Gandalf Murphy & Slambovian C...- Flapjacks... Pic Disc US $15.85 Buy It Now 12 days
GANDALF THE GREY - GREY WIZARD AM I NEW CD US $19.28 Buy It Now 12 days
Gandalf The Grey - Grey Wizard Am I [CD New] US $13.19 Buy It Now 12 days
Gandalf "Deadly Fairytales" CD - NEW! US $6.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Gandalf "Rock Hell" CD - NEW! US $6.99 Buy It Now 12 days
GANDALF THE GREY - THE GREY WIZARD AM I - NEW CD US $10.21 Buy It Now 12 days
The Grey Wizard Am I by Gandalf the Grey (CD, Sep-2003, Gear Fab) US $10.26 Buy It Now 12 days
Sanctuary by Gandalf (CD, 2009, Real Music Records) US $14.56 Buy It Now 13 days
Samsara by Gandalf (CD, Feb-2006, Prude) US $10.84 Buy It Now 13 days
GANDALF-Golden Earrings-Very Rare Psychedelic Acid Rock Promo 45-CAPITOL #P 2400 US $179.99 Buy It Now 13 days

More places to buy GANDALF music online Buy GANDALF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GANDALF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GANDALF To Another Horizon ratings distribution

GANDALF To Another Horizon reviews

Review by erik neuteboom
4 stars This was the first album I bought from Gandalf, I just played it on my new record player and it sounds still great. If I compare it to the other Gandalf album "Magic theatre" I reviewed last week for Prog Archives, this album features lots of Mellotron, that is always at least one more star in my ratings! And in general the compositions on "To another horizon" sound less adventurous and varied. But they appeal more to me, I love the warm and moving sound on these nine tracks featuring a fine blend of acoustic and electric instruments, from a flute and sitar to a howling electric guitar and from soaring strings to an electronic music atmosphere delivering sequencer-like sounds.

SIMPLY WONDERFUL!!

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#43528) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 20, 2005

Review by Andrea Cortese
4 stars Warning: This record is dedicated to all politicians in the world! So, come on people, let's enter the fantastic landscapes and travel our belove planet and see its death, see its bright rebirth!

No vocals, no words to be translated and explained this time, only a conceptual long instrumental work thougt to be the dream of any good prog lover who fear not to listen such a wonderful mix between symphonic, folk, space and "new-age" sounds. The austrian artist who named himslef "Gandalf" moved so much my curiosity that I had to find some of his efforts, recorded since the first lights of the eighgties. Yes, it's right, 80s! But don't worry, you'll not be going to listen the usual and unsatisfactory pop music of that time. Gandalf is one of the multi-intrumentists who graced us of so many gems during the years as, for example, Mike Oldfield and Bo Hansson. More similar to the last one for his masterful use of synthesizer, mellotron and organ, well mixed and balanced with electric and acoustic guitars (acoustic mainly), sitar and flute.

While similar to Bo Hansson for his skills anf for the instruments chosen, Gandalf is very different from him, anyway, for how peculiar are his beautiful and dreamy arrangements, moulded by his visionary (apocalyptic but optimistic) genious as it was the soundtrack of the life of any human being or, rather, the whole human kind. Presage of what he would have created in the following recent years when he re- directed toward real new-age music (which is not exactly my cup of tea...).

Death and rebirth of the planet, I've said. So this is the tracking list of his third album: 1. March of No Reason (incl. The Falling Star) (7,17 mns); 2. Natural Forces Getting Out of Control (10,16 mns); 3. Requiem for a Planet (5,14 mns); 4. Flight of the Crystal Ship (4,32 mns); 5. To Another Horizon (including The Divine Message, Change of Consciousness, Creation of a New World) (11,50), 6. Cosmic Balance (4,40), 7. Peace Without End (4,58).

Gandalf was helped in this project by other master musicians playing flute, grand piano, drums and bass and I have to admit the result is excellent for my ears and relaxing for my brain, the music trying (in the second half mainly) to reach such chilling, spacey and peaceful landscapes...

No doubt this album deserves four stars. Thanks to the "Eastern Empire" (Osterreich, Austria) for it gave us the fabulous Gandalf!

Send comments to Andrea Cortese (BETA) | Report this review (#88520) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Review by Prog-jester
3 stars First of all, thanks Andrea adn Erik for recommendations. Finally after listening to 4 GANDALF albums (2 good and 2 bad) I've realised what that's all about. Heinz isn't possessed with signatures of bombastic prog attitude. He just makes the music he likes. The music with elements of World and Ethnic sound,Space Rock and Symphonic Prog.Good melodies and some programmed drums - maybe, in order to make it hypnotical and repetitive (in a good sense of this world). Relaxing and mild music, differs a lot from what we have on almost purely New Ageable GANDALF's albums form 90s. Recommended. Now - to MAGIC THEATRE! ;)

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#108022) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 19, 2007

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars (Tolkien's good wizard GANDALF seems to be very wanted name for a band: in the library database I get a Finnish heavy group and an American psychedelic group by it - but not this Austrian multi-instrumentalist New Age musician.) I was into this kind of instrumental music umpteen years ago. I liked this album, though some years later I removed it from my shelf when the genre began to wear out for me. But I still remember this music quite well (so well that there's indeed not much point to have the CD). Is that a good or a bad sign? I'm actually more convinced of the latter: it's too simple and easily digested to offer much on the long run. The good side is that it is beautiful and 'inner-cinematic' music fit for escaping your little worries.

The theme of global concern and love for nature can be felt in Gandalf's music. The titles naturally help that. 'Requiem for a Planet' is wonderful, nearly sacred track in which the majestic organ takes the lead gradually, while the most proggy, 'Natural Forces Getting Out of Control' tasted quite pretentious and overlong collache using some natural sounds. The opener 'March of No Reason' is a highlight; it comes near to TANGERINE DREAM of the time. The last two tracks have a sense of deep happiness in them, the other being a piano-based composition in a faster tempo and the other in a typical new Age tenderness.

A sort of 80's cousin to Bo HANSSON's albums from the 70's, though more on the New Age field than progrock. But it beats the more usual New Age with its richer set of instruments (Gandalf is also a gifted guitarist!).

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#114513) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 08, 2007

3 stars This is definitely not new age. The music is somewhere between spacey krautrock and MIKE OLDFIELD. It's space rock with occasional symphonic and folk outbursts. The music is nice but somehow I can't really connect to it. It's lacking some energy and developement maybe. But that's just my opini ... (read more)

Report this review (#26416) | Posted by terramystic | Sunday, February 06, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars While I give this LP a three it is a VERY healthy three and a half really. This 3rd album from the Austrian Bo Hansson is his definite best. Very close to Hansson's work, but including synth-sequencers and slightly more modern equipment, Gandalf's To Another Horizon is a must for synth fans. t ... (read more)

Report this review (#26415) | Posted by mandrake2 | Wednesday, January 19, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GANDALF "To Another Horizon"