HUMAN (THE TALES)

- Jeff Kollman
- GEA

Produced by Fughu

Thanks to m3g52 for the addition

FUGHU MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FUGHU Human (The Tales) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Human: The TalesHuman: The Tales
AbsenceAbsence
CD Baby 2012
Human: The FactsHuman: The Facts
HumanHuman
CD Baby 2013

More places to buy FUGHU music online Buy FUGHU & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FUGHU DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FUGHU Human (The Tales) ratings distribution

FUGHU Human (The Tales) reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
4 stars I just love it when I trip over a really strange album that I'm not sure about at first, but then it grows on me. I listened to Argentinian prog metal band, Fughu, and their new release "Human (The Tales)". Apparently, this is one of two releases for them in 2013, the other one being called "Human (The Facts)". These titles really interest me, and I will definitely listen to the other album soon.

I find it interesting that much prog metal I've heard lately has actually been shying away from the norm. Fughu is no cliche, ordinary prog metal band, as they utilize almost psychedelic/space rock atmospheres and keys along with their strange riffing style. The music is also full of variety, so there aren't many points in the album where the band simply drops into a breakdown or chugs along with the same riff over and over again. Indeed, sometimes the band simply gives us an eerie and melancholy track with great bass. No, Fughu doesn't normally stay put, and I'll tell you why.

The reason is that the singer is so prolific and strange. Yes, the singer leads much of the music, and he's also one of the strangest parts of this album. I really wasn't sure what to think of him at first, but I decided that I really like him. Just imagine a voice on the deeper end that also utilizes opera-esque vocal climaxes often. In fact, Simone Simons of Epica has some of the same techniques, so I would point to her as a female counterpart. Because of the vocalist, this album comes off as really unique, melodic, and really, well, just interesting. For an example of the range of this singer, try the track "Goodbye" where he does some really great singing on the low and slow side and also on the climactic side.

The album seems to deal with human problems, depression, and universal questions of worth and meaning. I want to look into the lyrics a little more, but this album is solid to be sure.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#1003909) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Review by Windhawk
4 stars Argentinian band FUGHU is among the veterans of the progressive metal scene in Argentina, with a band history going back to 1998. It took the band a good few years to start recording material however, as their debut album "Absence" didn't appear until 2009. Four years later Fughu returns with an ambitious project: two full length albums that were simultaneously released, named "Human: The Tales" and "Human: The Facts" respectively.

With "Human: The Tales" Fughu has created an enticing blend of accessible yet quirky progressive metal that roughly speaking can be placed inside the Dream Theater school, as far as progressive metal goes, but with a stronger emphasis on calm and ballad oriented sections alternating with darker, harder edged sections that feature guitar riffs and keyboards in more or less majestic combinations, depending on the overall mood and atmosphere needed. An album easy to recommend to fans of accessible but sophisticated progressive metal of the Dream Theater variety.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#1173851) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 11, 2014

Post a review of FUGHU "Human (The Tales)"