BEYOND DREAMS

Galleon Beyond Dreams album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy GALLEON Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Before The Sunrise (9:09)
2. Let Us Be Amazed (8:58)
3. The Ballad Of Fortune (7:55)
4. The Dream (3:09)

- Goran Fors / vocals, bass, bass pedals
- Ulf Petterson / keyboards
- Sven Larsson / guitars
- Dan Fors / drums

CD Progress Records PRCD006 (2000)

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

GALLEON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GALLEON Beyond Dreams Music

Live-Thank YouLive-Thank You
Crowd 1997
Engines Of CreationEngines Of Creation
Progress Records
SPIDERBAIT - THE UNFINISHED SPANISH GALLEON OF FINLEY LAKE - NEW CD US $11.00 Buy It Now 14h 4m
GALLEON-King Of Aragon-95/2007 CD US $20.00 Buy It Now 18h
GALLEON - SO, I BEGIN 12" RECORD / VINYL - EPIC GROUP PROJECT - XPR3504 US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Galleon : Galleon CD (2009) US $2.43 Buy It Now 2 days
GALLEON - (self titled) (1 CD) [Sony Music Entertainment] US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SPIDERBAIT The Unfinished Spanish Galleon of Finley Lake CD US $11.39 Buy It Now 4 days
SERTAB Every Way That I Can CD 2 Track Phillip Laurent From Galleon Radio Edit I US $8.43 Buy It Now 5 days
So I Begin Galleon MUSIC CD US $7.35 Buy It Now 6 days
GALLEON - galleon -2002-indonesia tape RARE - Eurodance, electronica abba US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Florante Aguilar - Manila Galleon Guitar Music [CD New] US $19.98 Buy It Now 6 days
GALLEON - GALLEON * - NEW CD US $7.71 Buy It Now 7 days
Harry Potter Galleon Gringotts Taiwan Promo 2 Coin sealed US $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Harry Potter Unum Galleon Gringotts Bank Promo Coin sealed US $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Maxi Tuning - CD - NEW Galleon American French Machine Mademoiselle Lady Asys US $13.29 Buy It Now 8 days
Nova Scotia - The Circular Ruins (Twelve Songs) LP Galleon Key clear vinyl US $8.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Galleon - So I Begin (Remixes) - Epic - 2002 #73357 US $4.81 Buy It Now 10 days
SPIDERBAIT The Unfinished Galleon Of Finley Lake CD NEW US $13.15 Buy It Now 10 days
Dj Hits 2 - Galleon, Mademoiselle,Disconn - NEW CD US $6.64 Buy It Now 11 days
GALLEON-SO I BEGIN- NEW US $10.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Galleon : Galleon CD (2009) US $10.00 Buy It Now 11 days
SPIDERBAIT The Unfinished Galleon Of Finley Lake: Ltd Edition 2CD NEW US $26.35 Buy It Now 11 days
Manila Galleon Guitar Music - Aguilar,Florante New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free S US $28.28 Buy It Now 15 days
One Sign [Single] by Galleon (CD, Oct-2004, Radikal) US $9.95 Buy It Now 15 days
So I Begin [12"/CD] [Maxi Single] by Galleon (CD, May-2003, Radikal) US $9.95 Buy It Now 15 days
Galleon : SO I BEGIN Mandy Rmx + Enh Video CD Single RARE! US $18.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Galleon - So I Begin - Epic Group Project #416203 US $4.81 Buy It Now 17 days
Richard Pleasance (Boom Crash Opera) - Galleon US $35.15 Buy It Now 18 days
Spiderbait : The Unfinished Spanish Galleon of Finley Lake CD (1995) US $12.91 Buy It Now 18 days
SPIDERBAIT The Unfinished Spanish Galleon Of Finley Lake CD BRAND NEW US $11.12 Buy It Now 19 days
Galleon - So I Begin (Remixes Pt 2) - Epic #74800 US $4.81 Buy It Now 19 days
Galleon - Unknown - Epic - 2002 #75835 US $4.81 Buy It Now 19 days
GALLEON So I Begin 12" single Radikal Records RAD99178-1 (2003) NM US $4.99 Buy It Now 20 days
+ Richard Pleasance ?- Galleon CD excellent condition US $18.47 Buy It Now 21 days
GALLEON - I BELIEVE-CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 21 days
GALLEON ~ SO I BEGIN ~ 12" VINYL MANDY'S MASSAGE MIX HIT SQUAD MIX ALBUM VERSION US $12.06 Buy It Now 21 days
Galleon - So I Began (2003) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 23 days
THIS IS DANCE 2: FUNKSTER DE LUXE/GRACE JONES,DELERIUM,GALLEON,TOUCH AND GO++ US $5.98 Buy It Now 23 days
Galleon - So I Begin - Epic - 2001 #68424 US $6.42 Buy It Now 25 days
Galleon - Mandy's Massage - Sony - 2002 #76482 US $6.42 Buy It Now 25 days
GALLEON One sign EXT Epic 2002 US $34.99 Buy It Now 26 days
FLORANTE AGUILAR - MANILA GALLEON GUITAR MUSIC NEW CD US $27.18 Buy It Now 26 days
SPIDERBAIT - THE UNFINISHED SPANISH GALLEON OF FINLEY LAKE CD ~ KRAM 90's *NEW* US $13.18 Buy It Now 27 days
+ SPIDERBAIT - THE UNFINISHED SPANISH GALLEON OF FINLEY LAKE CD near mint! US $16.10 Buy It Now 28 days
Kamikaze (2 Tracks) by Galleon (VG CD EP 2011) US $11.00 Buy It Now 29 days
Richard Pleasance - Galleon CD (Boom Crash Opera) US $21.11 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy GALLEON music online Buy GALLEON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GALLEON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GALLEON Beyond Dreams ratings distribution

GALLEON Beyond Dreams reviews

Review by Greger
4 stars Swedish band Galleon is on the same record label as Cross. Galleon was founded as Aragon back in 1985, and they have released six albums up to date. Their music could be described as melodic keyboard-based neo-progressive rock with reminiscences to Genesis, Marillion, Rush and IQ. Galleon compositions are top-quality, but I can't really get used to the vocals. I found them somewhat weak, but original at the same time. Galleon has become better for every album. And although this album doesn't differ that much from their previous album "Mind Over Matter", it's recommended to lovers of neo-progressive rock and Rush.

Send comments to Greger (BETA) | Report this review (#2843) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
3 stars Of all European prog bands that I have been dealing with over the years, I must have had more contact with Galleon than with any other. They are no longer on their own label but have now signed to Progress Records for their most recent release. 'Beyond Dreams' seems a million miles removed from 'Lynx'; can it really be the same band? Well, actually guitarist Micke Värn has now left the fold, having been replaced by Sven Larsson, but the other three are all the same guys who were first in contact with me some eight years ago.

One of Galleon's major strengths has always been their lyric, and this album yet again shows their prowess in English, while Goran's vocals maintain enough of his Swedish accent to provide extra interest. Sven has slotted right in, and this is a very polished album, which has enough complexity to make it accessible for the progheads, but the main thrust is the songs, which are melodic and very enjoyable.

Galleon are to my ears one of the best prog bands to come out of Scandinavia, not a thing I say lightly. Give your ears a treat

Feedback #59, July 2000

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#145886) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 19, 2007

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Superb band from Sweden delivering some of the best neo-prog i ever heared in last couple of years, with great musicianship and tight compositions. With begging of a new decade and a new century, Galleon was and is, at least for me, a big name and kinda known in prog circles, but not as they might be. This is their sixth album from 2000 named Beyond dreams. Well another goody in their catalogue with fine and smooth arrangements and excellent voice of Goran Fors. Everything is ok on this album, but as a whole something is a bit let down face the previous releases, maybe because to my ears the pieces sounds to much mid tempo, not a single faster tune or little more up tempo. Anyway the pieces are good all, specially the opening track Before The Sunrise (the best from here, and one of the best Galleon piece ever done, a really great and very special track to me), brilliant, the rest are ok. So, I will give 3 stars for this one, a good one, but nothing really special like on previous albums. I considered Galleon to be a very underrated band in neo prog field, always in the shadows of others, it's really a shame, they have all the arsenal for being a great and full of potential band in our days. They remain one of my fav band in prog zone and they desearve every push from you because they desearve it all the way.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#215269) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 13, 2009

3 stars 3.5 stars. This is GALLEON's seventh studio album called "Beyond Dreams" released in 2000. It's one of those albums that's a little inconsistant but it sure has some high points. I'm such a fan of these Swedes who play Neo-Prog with a dash of RUSH.

"Before The Sunrise" is my favourite.These guys usually lead off an album with a killer track and this is no exception. Lots of atmosphere to open before piano and a fuller sound arrives.Vocals before 1 1/2 minutes. It's so uplifting 2 minutes in followed by a tasteful guitar solo. Themes are repeated. A calm 6 minutes in with piano. Some nice soaring guitar late as it continues to be fairly calm. "Let Us Be Amazed" sounds so good to open, very modern sounding. Powerful synths follow and then it settles with piano and guitar. Vocals and a relaxing sound follow. This is great ! Some growly bass as the sound gets fuller. Check out the guitar and overall sound 5 minutes in. Nice. Those powerful synths are back. Another cool track.

"The Ballad Of Fortune" is mid-paced with the focus on the vocals and of course the lyrics. It's ok. "The Dream" is much better with those synths and atmosphere. Samples too and other sounds come and go. Cool tune. "Dreamland" is eventually dominated by keys. It settles when the vocals come in.The tempo does pick up again. Not a fan of this one really. "Parasite" is better and heavier too. Great sound when the tempo picks up. Vocals before 2 minutes. "Sailing On By" has a nice heavy intro with raw guitar melodies as synths join in. It becomes brighter when the vocals arrive. The raw guitar is back before 3 minutes. Some soaring guitar after 4 minutes. This song has it's moments just like the album.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#226930) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Review by progrules
4 stars Ever since their third release it never ceases to amaze me how consistent this band is. The first two albums were there to mature and after that they grabbed their momentum to never let go anymore. And that's quite an achievement. Also with this first one in the new millenium they haven't done a stap back really. Another album full of winners and high quality music.

And the high quality goes for both execution as composition. These men are so good in writing songs of medium (prog)length (7-12 minutes) of which they made several dozens through the years. It suits them best obviously and it's incredible how they keep writing them on and on. Highlights are the two opening tracks Before the Sunrise and Let us be Amazed which are even slightly better than excellent in my opinion. The rest is slightly less but that's hardly surprising I would say.

In the end also this album is easily good enough for a four star reward, maybe somewhat rounded up from 3,8 or 3,9 but there is no doubt for me. My champions of consistency.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#765856) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 07, 2012

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
3 stars In April 99' comes the first strike in Galleon's history, when guitarist Micke Vaern decided to leave the band.His replacement was Sven Larsson, a friend of Ulf Petersson, who spent his time with the band Xinema.The dawn of the millenium marks also the beginning of a long collaboration between Galleon and the Prog label Progress Records.In early 2000 the first product of Galleon for the new label and their sixth full-length release overall sees the light under the title ''Beyond Dreams''.

With the new album the Swedish band returns to the form of their very early works, no epic tracks or suites, just seven mid-length compositions with symphonic and Neo Prog flavors, yet characterized by the great quality of Galleon's latest releases.Again the group offers intelligent, emotional and captivating compositions, where melody meets grandieur, based on excellent piano parts, MARILLION-esque synth lines and expressive vocals.The symphonic tendencies remain in the menu of the group, the great, elaborate guitar solos are still present and the more bombastic, atmospheric passages with the full-synth sound become a trademark of the group.The new album contains plenty of memorable themes, some tremendous keyboard solos and a crystal-clear production to make things even better.A long and epic composition would have made the whole work sound even more attractive, but still all of the new tracks are high in terms of quality with also a good dose of vintage 70's Prog influence, especially in some KING CRIMSON-inspired guitar moves or the GENESIS-flavored keyboard soundscapes.

Dissapointment and Galleon have nothing in common.Another great album by the band, not in the same level as the masterful ''Mind Over Matter'', but very rewarding to say the least.Fine music all the way, strongly recommended, especially to all Neo/Symphonic Prog buffs...3.5 stars.

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#943175) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 13, 2013

4 stars This is the second Galleon CD that I am Reviewing, after the excellent "From Land To Ocean". This CD is the release that preceded FLTO and it's an excellent CD, with all seven tracks very listenable and satisfying my progressive tastes. Perhaps the CD could have had one of the tracks extended ... (read more)

Report this review (#415755) | Posted by M27Barney | Monday, March 14, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GALLEON "Beyond Dreams"