ORGANIC EARTHLY FLOTATION

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Øresund Space Collective Organic Earthly Flotation album cover

Buy ØRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE Music
Studio Album, released in 2013

1. Walking on Clouds (19:23)
2. Walking on Clouds (Pt.2) (6:17)
3. Carlos on the Moon (16:57)
4. Neptune Rising (5:08)

Daniel Lars - Guitar
Christian (Papir) - Bass on Neptune Rising

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition

ØRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ØRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE Organic Earthly Flotation Music

More places to buy ØRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE music online Buy ØRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ØRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ØRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE Organic Earthly Flotation ratings distribution

ØRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE Organic Earthly Flotation reviews

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
4 stars Back in 2006 I was sent a copy of the debut release by Øresund Space Collective, and I was amazed at the spaced out improvisation that I was presented with. Now, just seven years later and the 'band' is back with their 16th release. This is a band in the loosest concept, as only synthesizer players Mogens and DR. Space have been on all the releases and here they are again joined by all the members of the Danish band Papir (Kristoffer - drums, Nicklas - guitar, Christian - bass (only on 'Neptune Rising')). In addition, Pär from the bands Sgt. Sunshine, Carpet Knights, Hoofoot played bass. The line up for this album was completely by American guitar player Daniel Lars for whom this was his first trip ever to Denmark and playing with the Øresund Space Collective.

The opening track, "Walking on Clouds" (composed by Daniel, which the rest of the band jammed on) was the only one that was pre-written, with the other three being totally improvised. There are only four songs, but it still has a total playing time of 48 minutes. If you have never come across these guys, then they are well worth investigating. There is something incredibly entrancing and inviting about this style of space rock which has as much in common with jazz as it does with Hawkwind as the guys all take their cues from each other and goes wherever the music takes them. It is inventive, compelling and somewhat incredible all at the same time. This album had as much of an impact on me as their debut did, and now I see that I am going to have to spend some time investing in some of the others that have passed me by. This is a band that very much follow their own path, bringing together elements from many, to create something singularly and definitively theirs. All of the band combine to make this all work, building a sonic soundscape that allows the guitars to bring together the best of Hillage and Allen, in a truly wonderful way. For more details on this and all of their releases visit www.oresundspacecollective.com.

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#1076157) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
4 stars I had no faintest idea about this Danish-based Øresund Space Collective with surprisingly many releases, until our psych/space rock expert Eetu Pellonpää asked me if I would like to review their new album. Of course I do! Eetu's identifiable cover art on this gatefold LP is a very nice companion to the music. Even the vinyl itself is unique: coloured light blue, and the etiquettes are Eetu's drawings too. So I see this release as a celebration of the good old vinyl-form that can become an important part of album's identity.

The music is laid-back, dreamy space rock with jazz & blues flavour, totally instrumental, and features guitar as the leading instrument. Kev's review tells about the central element of improvisation. I didn't know that but it's easily felt in the free-floating way the tracks move forward - or rather, keep hovering in anti-gravity. 'Walking on Clouds', like the first side is titled. The album was recorded in just two days (April 2012), which is the best proof of the skill of this group. It doesn't sound half-baked or unfinished. My only negative remark would be that the four tracks may not vary the sound, shape or mood as much as would be an ideal. But still the whole album is an enjoyable ride and suits perfectly for either background for e.g. reading - or Tantric sex (of which I have no experience actually, but that felt like the right thing to say!) - or for slow lingering between sleep and waking-up on a hurriless morning, or why not as good night music too.

The title "Organic Earthly Flotation" sums up the music pretty well. This is not cold, alienated and synthetic soundscape as much of Electronic Music is, but warm, sensitive and organic, and it sure floats psychedelically. The spacey guitar playing has a bluesy vibe and synths furthermore paint the images of space. Sometimes they are Kitaro-like windy sounds, sometimes related to Schulze, Jarre and such, sometimes bizarre psychedelic bubbling (like in the end of side one of NEKTAR's Remember The Future). Drums - and naturally bass guitar - are also an essential part of the sound. No hi-hat or fancy tempo changes, but a relaxed basic backing to give the "earthly" feel. I get associations of the late sixties Pink Floyd, Bo Hansson's Sagan om Ringen, Manuel Göttsching (Ash Ra Tempel, Ashra and solo) and some other Krautrock, Jimi Hendrix's 'Little Wing' - and perhaps also Santana for the guitar work, but I was carried there by the track title 'Carlos on the Moon', which, I believe, refers to Carlos Santana. At least that's a better bet than Walter/Wendy Carlos, right?

I warmly recommend this to all friends of bluesy, relaxed space rock.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#1105795) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 03, 2014

Post a review of ØRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE "Organic Earthly Flotation"