A FEAST OF CONSEQUENCES

Fish

Fish A Feast Of Consequences album cover

Buy FISH Music
Studio Album, released in 2013

01. Perfume River (10:58)
02. All Loved Up (5:07)
03. Blind To The Beautiful (5:12)
04. A Feast Of Consequences (4:29)
05. High Wood (5:26)
06. Crucifix Corner (7:25)
07. The Gathering (4:30)
08. Thistle Alley (6:08
09. The Leaving (4:59)
10. The Other Side Of Me (6:09)
11. The Great Unravelling (6:32)

Search FISH A Feast Of Consequences lyrics

Gavin Griffiths (drums)
Guests:
Liz Antwi - backing vocals,
Aidan O'Rourke - violin, string and brass sections

Thanks to fluiddruid for the addition

FISH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Cliche Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors, 1990
  • Tongues Internal Exile, 1991

Buy FISH A Feast Of Consequences Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Raingods With ZipposRaingods With Zippos
Roadrunner Records/Wea 1999
Jack Smith and The Rockabilly Planet CD, 1988 Flying Fish US $15.00 [0 bids]
32m 5s
ONE MINUTE SILENCE-FISH OUT OF WATER 2-TRACK U.S.PROMO DJ CD CS289 US $12.99 Buy It Now 34m 29s
Reel Big Fish - Why Do They Rock So Hard? [CD New] US $5.85 Buy It Now 37m 7s
Go Fish - Groovy [CD New] US $11.08 Buy It Now 37m 51s
Country Joe & The Fish - I Feel Like I'm Fixin To Die [CD New] US $16.99 Buy It Now 38m 57s
TPE final score 12" (match01) uk big fish 1998 US $8.45 Buy It Now 47m 1s
Anne Hills "Woman of a Calm Heart" 1988 Flying Fish FF-464 US $2.99 [0 bids]
48m 22s
S'Wonderful - 4 Giants Of Swing, Flying Fish 1978 Mono LP US $5.99 [0 bids]
49m 5s
AN EMOTIONAL FISH UK LTD 1991 LIVE EP 10" Single Celebration US $4.82 Buy It Now 56m 42s
TONY TRISCHKA & SKYLINE: Sky-Line Drive 1986 Flying Fish FF 388 LP Record US $20.00 Buy It Now 58m 35s
New Inertia Music John Lennon - Shaved Fish: Best Of Disc US $39.63 Buy It Now 1h
REO Speedwagon 5 LP Hi Infidelity, You Get What You Play For, Live, Tune a Fish US $9.99 [0 bids]
I MOTHER EARTH**SCENERY & FISH (ENHANCED)**CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 1h 8m
MARILLION / MISPLACED CHILDHOOD 1985 JAPAN W/L PROMO LP w/ OBI FISH US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
FISH(MARILLION)-Lot of 2 vintage adverts US $4.82 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Martin, Bogan & The Armstrongs "That Old Gang of Mine" LP Flying Fish Records NM US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Various - Saturday Night Fish Fry New Orleans Funk (2001) *RARE* CD SPEEDYPOST US $33.86 Buy It Now 1h 37m
DUANE EVANS & EBS ALLSTAR BLUES BAND - SATURDAY NIGHT FISH FRY - RIPETE NM US $3.30 Buy It Now 1h 42m
JOHN LENNON - SHAVED FISH - CD MINI LP - OBI - NEW - US SELLER US $16.75 Buy It Now 1h 46m
John Lennon & Plastic Ono Band Shaved Fish Vinyl LP US $4.99 [0 bids]
SCHOOL OF FISH 3 strange days 12" 3 trk promo b/w dub version and father figure US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 48m
SCHOOL OF FISH wrong 12" 2 trk promo b/ w strange days cramshaft mix (12cldj658) US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 50m
SCHOOL OF FISH strange days 12" 4 trk lp version b/w dub,let's pretend we're mar US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 50m
SCHOOL OF FISH 3 strange days 12" 4 trk lp version b/w dub, let's pretend we're US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 50m
AN EMOTIONAL FISH UK 1990 LIMITED GATEFOLD 12" Single BLUE with LIVE tracks US $4.82 Buy It Now 1h 51m
SHRIEKBACK fish below the ice 12" 4 trk plankton enriched mix double in gatefold US $8.45 Buy It Now 2h 4m
CAVEMAN - Fry You Like Fish - 12" Vinyl - THE DOPE DEPARTMENT - Hip Hop US $4.82 [0 bids]
Ghostface Killah - More Fish (CD 2006) US $6.23 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Robyn Hitchcock Eye French 1990 LP Glass Fish Recs US $8.05 [0 bids]
ROSEHIP STRING BAND LP Vinyl ( Flying Fish 013, Bluegrass ) US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Fish - Raingods With Zippos (CD 1999) -Marillion US $3.71 [3 bids]
Electric Music for the Mind & Body, Fish, Mcdonald, Country Joe, New US $11.70 Buy It Now 2h 30m
26 cassette Albums Charlatans Jeff Beck Elton John School of Fish T,pau,Nr MINT US $12.89 [0 bids]
FISH FORTUNES OF WAR BRAND NEW CD +2 FREE SUNSETS & MIRROR EX MARILLION FRONTMAN US $29.95 [0 bids]
STONE COLD MINT IN SHRINK John Lennon Shaved Fish VINYL LP Capitol RAINBOW BAND US $9.95 [0 bids]
Medicine Trail by Peter Rowan (CD, Aug-1992, Flying Fish Maria Muldaur US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 51m
COREY HARRIS- Fish Ain't Bitin' CD (1997 Alligator Records Blues) EX US $11.28 Buy It Now 2h 59m
COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH - Electric Music.... 1967 MONO PRESS Acid Psych Hippie LP US $34.99 Buy It Now 3h 5m
MASON WILLIAMS & SANTA FE RECITAL: Fresh Fish LP FLYING FISH FF059 US 1975 VG++ US $8.87 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Fish rare cd The Outpatients signed! US $24.99 [0 bids]
ROBERT GORDON & LINK WRAY /freak fish special/1978 lp US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 8m
FRANKIE KNUCKLES FT ADEVA - TOO MANY FISH - 5 TRACK DJ REMIX CD !! US $1.99 [0 bids]
Slidin' Smoke - Mike Auldridge and Jeff Newman sealed 1978 Flying Fish vinyl US $23.95 Buy It Now 3h 13m
FISH - Candle In The Fog USA 2000 - DBL CD *MARILLION* PROG ROCK US $23.39 [6 bids]
FISH - Scattering Crows Tour 2004 Live - 3 CD *MARILLION* PROG ROCK US $83.89 [10 bids]
LP-STEWART COPELAND(POLICE)/RUMBLE FISH S/T(83,AM)/PROMO/INNER/EX/VG++ US $0.99 [0 bids]
Big Hard Excellent Fish - And The Question Remains CD US $0.16 [0 bids]
Don Grusin : Banana Fish CD (1994) US $4.34 Buy It Now 3h 27m
CHRIS SQUIRE-FISH OUT OF WATER VG++ CONDITION. YES. US $10.92 [0 bids]
Fresh Fish Special / Robert Gordon w/ Link Wray, , Good US $3.25 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Fish Out Of Water (Single) by Wayne Toups & Zydecajun CD 1996 1 track US $1.00 [0 bids]
MIKE AULDRIDGE AND JEFF NEWMAN "SLIDIN' SMOKE" LP 1978 STEEL GUITAR FLYIN FISH US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 46m
TV GHOST - COLD FISH - NEW CD US $15.60 Buy It Now 3h 46m
KATE BUSH - HOUNDS OF LOVE - RARE 2011 FISH PEOPLE CD US $8.87 [7 bids]
CHRIS SQUIRE Fish Out Of Water ATLANTIC RECORDS 1975 NM not played YES US $20.99 Buy It Now 3h 48m
RON MESING "NO MINORS ALLOWED" LP 1978 STEEL GUITAR FLYIN FISH BLUEGRASS US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 49m
VASSAR CLEMENTS: HILLBILLY JAZZ * EX 1974 FLYING FISH 2 LP SET * DAVE BROMBERG US $6.75 Buy It Now 3h 50m
DOUG JERNIGAN & BUCKY PIZZARELLI "DOUG & BUCKY" LP STEEL GUITAR FLYIN FISH US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 53m
MONKEY MESSIAH loooose fish 12" 4 trk featuring keep it clean,be my friend,you'l US $8.45 Buy It Now 3h 56m
TOM PAXTON - AND LOVING YOU [LP FLYING FISH 1986 FF414] US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 57m
I MOTHER EARTH - SCENERY AND FISH - NEW CD US $9.96 Buy It Now 4h
COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH - I FEEL LIKE I'M FIXIN TO DIE NEW CD US $20.35 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Soon Enough [Single] by Josh Clayton-Felt (CD, Oct-1995, A&M USA) School Of Fish US $3.00 [0 bids]
COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH - 2CD Set on VANGUARD US $24.95 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Badly Drawn Boy - Have You Fed the Fish? - CD - 2002 US $0.02 [0 bids]
This Fish Needs A Bike "Between A&B" 2004 Sealed Swedish Techno CD Import US $2.99 Buy It Now 4h 8m
VERY BIG BAND IN HEAVEN, REAL FISH - JAPANESE LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Our Lady Peace - Happiness . . . Is Not A Fish That You Can Catch US $1.99 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Happiness Is Not a Fish That You Can Catch Our Lady Peace Audio CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 31m
FRANKIE KNUCKLES - TOO MANY FISH - U.S. 12" VINYL US $4.98 Buy It Now 4h 37m
Terence Trent D'Arby - Neither Fish Nor Flesh 1989 Cassette (Billy, Don't Fall) US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 39m
Love And Rockets: The Haunted Fish Tank /LaserDisc, Good DVD, , US $30.97 Buy It Now 4h 39m
STEVE MARRIOTT - I NEED YOUR LOVE... LIKE A FISH NEEDS A - NEW CD BOXSET US $17.30 Buy It Now 4h 49m
LEFTFIELD TONI HALLIDAY ORIGINAL 12" VINYL 1995 EX++ UK 1ST PRESS FILTER FISH US $8.05 [0 bids]
Flying Fish by Vance Burrow CD ED05 US $0.99 Buy It Now 4h 50m
Acoustic Catfish Time To Fish Or Get Off The Pot 13 track 2003 cd US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 53m
ORIG STILL SEALED PSYCH LP~~COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH~~VANGUARD~~C J FISH~~HEAR US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 58m
STILL SEALED PSYCH LP~COUNTRY JOE & FISH~HERE WE ARE AGAIN~~HEAR US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h
Kickin' It Old School [Slipcase] by Go Fish (CD, 2010, GFK) US $1.50 [0 bids]
Everything Sucks [PA] Reel Big Fish (CD 2001) XCLNT Condition Fast FREE Ship US $5.99 Buy It Now 5h 9m
SEALED* 1985* FLYING FISH LP* CLAUDIA SCHMIDT * OUT OF THE DARK * FOLK US $24.50 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Faith No More CD 4 Live from 5 Promo W/ Rubber Fish Fat B**tards METAL POWER POP US $149.99 [0 bids]
Charles Lloyd Fish Out Of Water CD 1990 Near Mint disc fast shipping US $21.33 Buy It Now 5h 44m
THROWING MUSES "FISH" / CLASSIC RUINS "How Do You Know". FLEXI RARE US $7.99 [0 bids]
Erwin Helfer & Friends - On The Sunny Side Of The Street LP 1979 Flying Fish US $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 50m
SOULS BIRD FISH OR INBEETWEEN GERMAN CD US $1.99 [0 bids]
Swag Milky Pan Fish CD RARE Detroit Rock Rob Tyner Jr MC5 US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 56m
Tom Paxton - One Million Lawyers and Other Disasters LP Flying Fish US $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 7m
Citizen Fish - publicity picture (Lookout Records) US $6.99 Buy It Now 6h 28m
Lee Perry/The Upsetter - Roast Fish Collie Weed & Corn Bread LP NEW Dub US $21.99 Buy It Now 6h 28m
COUNTRY JOE AND THE FISH - I-FEEL-LIKE-I'M-FIXIN'-TO-DIE, VRS-9266 VANGUARD MONO US $16.15 Buy It Now 6h 28m
SWEET HONEY IN THE ROCK - We All...Everyone Of Us LP Flying Fish US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 33m
MASON WILLIAMS & THE SANTA FE RECITAL Fresh Fish LP Flying Fish FF059 Folk vinyl US $3.35 Buy It Now 6h 35m
fish & roses we are happy to serve you lp test pressing US $21.24 Buy It Now 6h 41m
DISCO REVISITED fish tail ep 12" 4 trk featuring witness,more i want,what cha li US $8.45 Buy It Now 6h 51m
Country Joe and the Fish I Feel Like I'm Fixin To Die LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
COUNTRY JOE AND THE FISH "HERE WE ARE AGAIN" LP MINT US $12.00 [0 bids]
7h
JOHN HARTFORD Anthology Me, Oh My, How the Time Does Fly LP Flying Fish NM US $9.75 [0 bids]
7h
Mancrab - Fish For Life 45 rpm vinyl United Artists Records NM 1986 US $2.50 Buy It Now 7h 23m
JOHN LENNON BEATLES Japan EAS-80380 NM LP+Obi SAVED FISH US $39.99 Buy It Now 7h 28m

More places to buy FISH music online Buy FISH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FISH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FISH A Feast Of Consequences ratings distribution

FISH A Feast Of Consequences reviews

Review by Warthur
5 stars Fish's solo career after leaving Marillion has had many high points - indeed, just about every studio album of his since Sunsets On Empire has been a credit to his name - but it's never shone quite as brightly as Marillion's.

Part of this is that Fish seemed to take a little longer than Marillion to adjust to the new circumstances - whilst Marillion were able to maintain a lot of momentum with the solid Seasons' End, Fish's early studio albums were decidedly hit and miss affairs, with Fish and his various musical collaborators taking a while to settle on Fish's solo sound (which I'd argue was only finally teased out by the great Steven Wilson on Sunsets On Empire). Although Fish would eventually start producing albums that were every bit as special - even if they did have a different artistic emphasis - than the material his old cohorts in Marillion were producing, it took a good long time for him to start doing that, and by 1997 too many listeners had already written him off. (Sunsets On Empire performed miserably on its initial commercial release.)

But that's not the whole story, of course - you also need to consider that Fish has suffered more than his fair share of bouts of ill fortune and chaotic circumstances in his personal life over the years. Has some of it been self-inflicted? I'm sure the man who gave us the booze- soaked confessional of Clutching At Straws would be the first to admit that. Fish, however, has proved to be a true survivor with a knack for taking his personal experiences and turning them into fuel for his artistic fire - knock him down and he'll just write a song about the experience.

A Feast of Consequences is the perfect example of this. Emerging a full six years after the premier of 13th Star, its predecessor, it comes after a truly rollercoaster half-decade for Fish. 13th Star was a solid effort, and the fifth of an unbroken streak of high quality solo albums (I wouldn't rate a single Fish release after Sunsets On Empire at less than four stars myself), and Fish's career was looking brighter than it had for quite some time. As well as undertaking a successful US tour, he also landed a DJing spot on the UK's Planet Rock - putting him in the company of rock legends such as Alice Cooper - and his solo career finally seemed to be creeping towards the sort of prestige and high profile it deserved.

Then came a devastating rush of ill-fortune. A marriage forged and broken in the space of mere months would be a dramatic incident in anyone's life, but it was put into the shade by a health scare in which doctors had to investigate a growth on Fish's throat. Thankfully, it didn't prove to be cancer and surgery dealt with the problem, but these incidents combined to yet again put a dark cloud over Fish's solo career. This is a release which had to answer big, big questions: namely, could Fish still sing, is he in an emotional state to deliver a high- quality album, and are his musical collaborators up to the task of supporting him?

The answer to all of these is a resounding "Yes"! Anyone expecting the high notes of Script For a Jester's Tear will be disappointed, but they'd be fools to expect such a treat in any case - age happens, after all, but Fish's age-mellowed voice is a delight to listen to this time around. Musically, he's reunited in the studio for the first time since Raingods With Zippos (that I'm aware of) with Robin Boult, a long-time collaborator, and most of the band from 13th Star make a welcome return here. And lyrically, Fish's wit - never exactly dull - is as sharp as I can ever remember it being - take, for instance, All Loved Up, a second look at the themes of Incommunicado for the present generation of celebrity; Fish's lyrics cleverly evoke the naivety and self-deception of the song's narrator, a wannabe celebrity in well over his head.

Fans of Fish's prog past will not be disappointed either, since the album features a multi- part epic - tracks 5 to 9 form the five-part High Wood suite, a meditation on the costs of war. Fish has always had a good relationship with the armed forces, I suspect at least partly because despite his brash reputation he's actually a very thoughtful and considerate lyricist who is one of the few people out there who can write an anti-war song which expresses thorough horror and revulsion at the atrocities of war whilst also shedding a tear for those who've been tasked with fighting it and the emotional, moral, and physical cost war exerts on them - and he's been writing such songs ever since Forgotten Sons on Script. Here, his long-form rumination on fallen soldiers weaves in aspects of the traditional martial music of the British armed forces to create a piece which is at once recognisable as part of the progressive rock epic tradition but equally draws on influences that aren't usually heard in a prog context.

Fish and Marillion aren't ever likely to have a full-blown reunion - Steve Hogarth and Marillion are too tightly bonded as a unit for H to be ejected this late in the game for starters - but with this excellent album coming out a year after Marillion issued their own late career masterpiece in the form of Songs That Can't Be Made, I think it's fair to say that Fish and Marillion are now neck-and-neck in terms of the quality of their output and the power of their artistic vision. We don't know how many five-star albums either party has left in them, but I'm glad Fish was able to get this one out. It's a career peak on a par with and possibly even eclipsing Sunsets On Empire, and proof positive that over two decades after his solo debut Fish is maturing like a fine wine - certainly, there aren't many fish of this vintage who smell this good!

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#1057935) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 10, 2013

Review by ghost_of_morphy
4 stars It's been a long time since I have posted a review. Credit Fish for bringing me back.

No suspense here. I will tell you ahead of time that this is getting 4 stars. Now, if anybody cares, let me explain why.

Fish is great. I've followed his career, highs and lows, since the beginning. Just to let you konw, this album misses his highs. Those heartthrobbing moments on Vigil, or Raingods, or 13th Star, are not there. On the other hand, the low points that I refuse to name out of charity are not there either. This is a very slick professional production (as was 13th Star.) The only flaw is that this album lacks a bit of the inspiration that inflated the previous one.

I would be remiss in mentioning that Fish has amazingly recovered from his throat surgeries. There was a time when we all feared he would never sing again. Thank God that never happened.

I leave it to others to explicate how Fish's ancestors fighting in WWI inspired this album. Do justice to this, please.

4 stars.

Send comments to ghost_of_morphy (BETA) | Report this review (#1059940) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 14, 2013

Review by J-Man
4 stars After six years of absence from the studio, Scottish progressive rock singer Fish has returned with a startling level of inspiration in the form of 2013's A Feast of Consequences. Fish's first album since 2007's Thirteenth Star was released after experiencing events that would be nothing less than traumatic for most people - going through both the end of a marriage and a throat cancer scare in a narrow window of time can't be easy, but as we saw on Marillion's Clutching at Straws, Fish's personal struggles often inspire some of his strongest work. A Feast of Consequences once again demonstrates this to be true.

The album shows Fish continuing to mature the sound that he has been toying with for most of his solo career. Sophisticated art rock characterized by melodic songwriting, witty lyricism, and influences from folk music is the name of the game on A Feast of Consequences, and although most listeners will probably label this as a prog album, the lengthy "High Wood" suite is the only segment here that feels progressive to me in any traditional sense. It's not important, though, as even the ballads here are well-delivered and musically engaging. "Blind to the Beautiful" and "Other Side of Me" may not be the most bombastic tracks in Fish's catalogue, but their pervading feeling of introspection make for fine examples of what ballads are truly capable of.

Fish's voice has mellowed over the years, and although he doesn't possess the soaring range that he once did, his performance on A Feast of Consequences has a soothing timbre that suits his musical explorations well. There really isn't much to complain about when talking about an album of this quality, and if you're a fan of Fish's solo career, you'll have no trouble appreciating what he has to offer this time around. It's good to have you back, Derek!

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#1085515) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Review by lazland
4 stars A Feast Of Consequences is the first album by the great Big Fellow in six years now, this owing to a combination of well documented personal and health issues. Thankfully, the throat problems that threatened to scupper his career appear to have been sorted out completely, and the only real thing you notice listening to this, as compared to earlier works, is the fact that his range has narrowed somewhat, although this, of course, could equally be due to advancing years. This is most noticeable on Other Side of Me, which is delivered in almost a monotone for much of the track.

Does it render this work a disappointment? Not a bit of it. This is a mature album, showcasing a unique talent, so much so that the disappointment of horrors such as Songs From The Mirror are now all but a distant memory. This is the continuation of a run of form that started with Sunsets on Empire, and included the exceptional Raingods With Zippos and the immediate predecessor, the hugely enjoyable 13th Star.

The subject matter is familiar to all those who, like me, have followed Fish from the very early days, this being war, the futility of war, the political issues behind such tragedy, but, of course, never forgetting the men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice.

The music itself ranges from the thoughtful and subdued, as witnessed by the opening epic Perfume River, to the type of pop/prog which he almost made his own in All Loved Up, and the epic suite, this witnessed by High Wood, a five part musing on the sheer futility of it all. Amongst all of this are two quite sumptuous ballads, my favourite being the astoundingly gorgeous Blind To The Beautiful, a paeon to the heart wrenching loss of faith in life and beauty itself. The lyrical point of the whole work is best represented by the powerful title track.

Another noticeable thing about this album, to me, is just how much better Fish is when he is surrounded by cohorts he trusts and likes in what would, anywhere else, pass as a regular band. Robin Boult returns, very well indeed, on guitar, to join Steve Vantis on bass, Foss Patterson on keys, and the wonderful Gavin Griffiths on drums. Together, this bunch make a tightly knit troupe, and the well produced album is completed by the extremely powerful backing vocals of Elisabeth Troy Antwi, whose performance on the evocative Great Unravelling is simply brilliant. And we also have a wonderful set of artwork by the legendary Mark Wilkinson. Happy days!

Fish has, here, produced a powerful, and wide ranging, album, one that definitely appeals strongly to old boys such as I, but would, I feel, also be a decent introduction to those reading this review who might want to explore what a good, intelligent, modern rock album, with a range of tone and depth, might sound like. The aforementioned High Wood suite is the best example of how a progressive rock epic should sound, ranging from hush to toe-tapping, tub-thumping rock, from pastoral, Celtic fused folk, to lush keyboard led symphonic sounds. It has it all.

It should also, by the way, really now scotch all the nonsense I still read from those who wish for a return to Marillion. They are doing nicely without him, thank you, and, you know what? So is he without them.

Four stars for this, an excellent album, and very strongly recommended.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#1112339) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 11, 2014

4 stars Fish Swansong - a Feast of lyrics and creativity If this is Fish's final studio effort it surely is a great way to bow out. The acoustic element is given prominence and the well-crafted lyrics are music to the ears - well written and provide an extra dimension to the delivery of the songs and ... (read more)

Report this review (#1194836) | Posted by tanc66 | Monday, June 16, 2014 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I am one of thousands who are following Fish's career since Marillion's early days. I am also one of those who were hoping that at some point Marillion and Fish will unite their forces again. Well, not any more! All of us must accept the fact that Fish left his past with Marillion for go ... (read more)

Report this review (#1110124) | Posted by The Jester | Wednesday, January 08, 2014 | Review Permanlink

4 stars On this new release Fish displays a broad palette of musical styles while throughout showing his extraordinary skill as singer-storyteller. What I find myself liking throughout is how Fish's singing has strongly carried a torch started by Peter Gabriel. In fact, he may be better now than Gabri ... (read more)

Report this review (#1074970) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Sunday, November 10, 2013 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The Scottish singer Fish has released his eleventh studio record since he left Marillion and here he proves a lot of his strength. It has gone six years since "Thirteenth star", his last album and now we see an artistic cover with a burning tree and a nice Fish sign in the dark above. On this ... (read more)

Report this review (#1069357) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Thursday, October 31, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Outstanding stuff! This album is not only on par with Fish's early work, but also with several of Marillion's early works. I too am well aware of the new album syndrome, but found most of his works since Vigil to be somewhat disorganized and at times even cacophonic, with the exception of a few song ... (read more)

Report this review (#1057812) | Posted by gbjones | Thursday, October 10, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Like many writing on here I have been a fan of Fish since his days in Marillion. I have to admit though after his first two solo albums I lost my way with his music. After many years I had the good fortune to hear the 13th Star album & I re-discovered my love of Fish & his music. I love 13th Star ... (read more)

Report this review (#1056625) | Posted by Longsword73 | Tuesday, October 08, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is excellent stuff! I've been a fan of Fish and Marillion and everything in between for more than 20 years now. This new record sounds as a combination between "Vigil in a Wilderness of Mirrors" from 1989 and "Sunsets on Empire" from 1996. This website categorizes this record as N ... (read more)

Report this review (#1038398) | Posted by Kingsnake | Wednesday, September 18, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars It's been six years since '13th Star' first appeared. For a while another Fish album seemed in some doubt due to him requiring two operations on cysts on his vocal chords. There followed yet more domestic upheaval from a short-lived second marriage. He regained confidence in his voice throug ... (read more)

Report this review (#1033594) | Posted by oldcrow | Thursday, September 12, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FISH "A Feast Of Consequences"