PARADISE FILTER

Caravan Paradise Filter album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy CARAVAN Music
Studio Album, released in 2013

1. All This Could Be Yours (4:30)
2. I'm On My Way (4:27)
3. Fingers In The Till (4:45)
4. This Is What We Are (4:11)
5. Dead Man Walking (5:59)
6. Farewell My Old Friend (4:07)
7. Pain In The Arse (4:30)
8. Trust Me I Am A Doctor (4:28)
9. I'll Be There For You (6:14)
10. The Paradise Filter (6:0)

Search CARAVAN Paradise Filter lyrics

- Jim Leverton/Bass, backing vocals

Digital release : Pledge Music: December 2013
CD Release:
Vinyl release:

Thanks to chris s for the addition

CARAVAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CARAVAN Paradise Filter Music

In the Land of Grey & PinkIn the Land of Grey & Pink
Polygram UK 2005
In the Land of Grey & PinkIn the Land of Grey & Pink
Universal UK 2011
CaravanCaravan
Universal I.S. 2002
If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do ItIf I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It
Polygram UK 2001
For Girls Who Grow Plump in NightFor Girls Who Grow Plump in Night
Polygram UK 2005
All Over You & You TooAll Over You & You Too
Talking Elephant 2012
TOMMY SCOTT 8 TRACK-COUNTRY CARAVAN-STILL IN PLASTIC WRAP US $1.75 Buy It Now 39m 56s
JOE VALINO-CARAVAN/GARDEN OF EDEN (VG+) 1956 US $3.25 Buy It Now 42m 21s
DUSTER BENNETT CARAVAN CONCERT REPRO MINI-POSTER 7" x 5" US $5.80 Buy It Now 1h
VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR CARAVAN CONCERT REPRO MINI-POSTER 7" x 5" US $5.80 Buy It Now 1h
Salvation-same + Gypsy Carnival Caravan US psych cd US $18.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
THE HOUSEMARTINS caravan of love GOD 16 near mint disc uk go discs 7" WS EX/ US $11.59 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Kronos caravan CD US $7.19 Buy It Now 1h 43m
CARAVAN CLUB gimme your love JCRAC 002 promo just create 1994 12" WS VG/ US $14.91 Buy It Now 1h 53m
CARAVAN Caravan 1968 Self Titled Remastered CD NEW US $11.19 Buy It Now 2h 15m
ELSIE SOUTHGATE & Sister Dorothy Where my caravan has rested 78 Zonophone 1698 US $21.54 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Medicine Ball Caravan - 1971 - Original Soundtrack LP US $46.73 Buy It Now 2h 58m
Caravan - In the Land of Grey and Pink - CD. + 5 Bonus Tracks US $8.21 Buy It Now 3h 44m
CARAVAN---CUNNING STUNTS US $5.00 [0 bids]
CARAVAN---THE ALBUM US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Best Of Jethro Tull - Anniversary Collection SEALED 1993 USA 2CD Caravan US $21.95 Buy It Now 3h 50m
The Jethro Tull Christmas Album SEALED 2003 USA CD Fairport Conxention Caravan US $13.95 Buy It Now 3h 50m
INSPIRAL CARPETS caravan 12" 3 track pub trick mix b/w naked mix and skidoo musl US $10.99 Buy It Now 3h 50m
CARAVAN - SHOW OF OUR LIVES: CARAVAN AT THE BBC 1968-1975 - NEW CD BOXSET US $19.93 Buy It Now 3h 51m
XHOL Caravan MF Live 2LP Streamline Drag city heavy stoner acid psych Krautrock US $34.90 [0 bids]
CARAVAN GO - MOVING STILL EP [CD NEW] US $8.40 Buy It Now 4h 38m
HOW TO BUILD MAKE YOUR OWN SNOWGLOBE SNOW CARAVAN CHRISTMAS PRESENT TOY RARE CD US $11.59 Buy It Now 5h 40m
LP JIMMY CARAVAN LOOK INTO THE FLOWER 1968 TOWER STEREO NM (BEEFHEART) US $67.48 Buy It Now 5h 50m
Housemartins - Caravan Of Love / When I First Met Jesus - Picture Sleeve - 1987 US $5.99 Buy It Now 5h 57m
Soul 45 Isely Jasper Isley - I Cant Get Over Losin You / Caravan Of Love On Cbs US $3.00 Buy It Now 6h 31m
SPIRIT CARAVAN - DREAMWHEEL [EP] - NEW CD US $7.21 Buy It Now 6h 54m
GOATSNAKE - DOG DAYS DIGIPAK CD. ELECTRIC WIZARD, CATHEDRAL, SPIRIT CARAVAN US $3.00 [0 bids]
MALIBU-BU'S: Pigtails / Caravan 45 (tol) rare Oldies US $50.00 Buy It Now 7h 20m
SALSA Mega RARE Jack Costanzo Mr Bongo VIVA TIRADO la bamba GUANTANAMERA caravan US $94.99 Buy It Now 7h 23m
EARTHRIDE - TAMING OF THE DEMONS CD. SPIRIT CARAVAN, DOWN, ELECTRIC WIZARD COC US $16.00 [12 bids]
THE OBSESSED - INCARNATE CD. WINO, ST VITUS, SPIRIT CARAVAN, PROBOT, DOOM US $5.00 [0 bids]
CHICO HAMILTON QUINTET Caravan / Soft Winds 7" 45 WPJ US $0.89 [0 bids]
ROCK BALLADS (2009 100 trk 5 CD set) Rainbow, Squeeze, Kiss, Marc Cohn, Caravan US $16.56 [1 bids]
Belly Dance To Great Navel Music Sultan's Caravan LP Rca AFL1-1820 1976 Vinyl US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 59m
78 Jazz BARNEY BIGARD Caravan / Stompy Jones Variety VA 515 Duke Ellington US $19.99 [0 bids]
The Housemartins - Caravan of Love 7" Single 1986 US $15.92 Buy It Now 8h 38m
DUANE EDDY: Caravan (UK Parlophone 45) US $4.97 [0 bids]
Caravan & The New Symphonia (STERLING US London LP) Prog Psych strong VG+ US $12.95 Buy It Now 9h 4m
BILLY ECKSTINE Lot of (12) 45s CARAVAN/BEWILDERED/JEALOUSY/COQUETTE/I APOLOGIZE US $35.77 [0 bids]
BOB CROSBY'S Camel Caravan The Summer of '39 Vinyl LP GO1037 US $16.56 Buy It Now 9h 29m
LES BROWN & HIS BAND OF RENOWN Caravan I Let A Song Go Out Of My Heart 7" 45 US $1.13 [0 bids]
Jazz Caravan - Duke Ellington (CD, Oct-2002, Bluebird RCA) ORIGINAL US $9.99 [0 bids]
WB-2565 SOUNDTRACK (O.S.T.) Medicine Ball Caravan O.S.T OOP 12" Vinyl US $12.99 Buy It Now 10h 34m
ROBIN TROWER - Caravan To Midnight CD US $18.71 Buy It Now 10h 58m
Caravan A HUNTING WE SHALL GO Live MUSIC ON VINYL 180g Audiophile Sealed LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
LORD FUNNY - SOUL CHICK 45 CARAVAN REGGAE FUNK CALYPSO VG+ US $9.99 [0 bids]
CARAVAN - IF I COULD DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN, I'D DO IT ALL OVER YOU (1970)JAPAN CD US $49.50 Buy It Now 12h 13m
CARAVAN The Battle of Hastings CD PROG (Camel, Egg, Hatfield & The North, Khan) US $17.99 [0 bids]
Hear {50s Vocal Pop Ballad} JOE SALVATORE ~ Mine / Gypsy Caravan US $4.00 Buy It Now 13h 31m
MAYO HUBERT - CARAVAN DE SANTINO NEW CD US $27.75 Buy It Now 13h 50m
The Peter Ulrich Collaboration The Painted Caravan CD US $12.27 Buy It Now 13h 57m
"Classic Rock" "Caravan" "Plump In The Night" "Rare Lp" US $12.99 Buy It Now 14h 57m
Christmas Caravan by Squirrel Nut Zippers (CD, Oct-1998, Mammoth) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Shareef Budmaash, Golmaal, Caravan, Mehbooba, Kudrat - Songs MP3 CD US $2.93 Buy It Now 17h 23m
White, Peter,CD,Cut-Out,Caravan of Dreams US $4.99 Buy It Now 19h 52m
Paul Chain Unreleased Vol. 2 guest Wino(St.Vitus-Obsessed-Spirit Caravan)CD US $12.90 Buy It Now 21h 55m
Art Blakey - And Jazz Messengers - Caravan + Buhaina´s Delight Cd New US $15.95 Buy It Now 22h 14m
Coleman/Kane/Wilde - Blues Caravan-Guitars & Feathers [CD New] US $11.48 Buy It Now 22h 32m
David Arkenstone - Caravan Of Light (2000) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 22h 46m
American Caravan Volume 2 7" Reel to Reel 4 Track US $15.99 Buy It Now 22h 46m
Robin Trower - Caravan To Midnight/Victims Of (2001) - New - Compact Disc US $13.96 Buy It Now 22h 47m
Robin Trower - Caravan To Midnight 12" LP on Chrysalis CHR1189 Plays Excellent + US $8.29 [0 bids]
CARAVAN and the new symphonia LP 4 track red/white label design (smlr1110) uk de US $27.01 Buy It Now 23h 45m
BENNY GOODMAN & His Orchestra-Camel Caravan-12" Vinyl Record LP-Fanfare-13 113 US $6.62 [0 bids]
Caravan by Art Blakey Original JazzClassics(CD, Jun-2007, Concord) US $6.41 Buy It Now 1 day
American Caravan Record Album pop box set of 10 - Remember, LoveIs Blue 33 LP US $19.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Both Sides of Life by Joe d'Urso, Stone Caravan (CD, Mar-2003, 2 Discs,... US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Esquire Boys We Drifted Apart/Caravan Rare Red Vinyl 1952 Ex No Reserve US $0.99 [0 bids]
BARBARA DICKSON Vinyl LP- All For A Song (incl January February US $9.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimmy Caravan, Hey Jude, Muntz Stereo-Pak 4 Track Tape US $19.00 [0 bids]
CASINO ORCHESTRA Where My Caravan Has Rested - Waltz 78 COLUMBIA 2447 US $21.54 Buy It Now 1 day
MEDICINE BALL CARAVAN 1971 Psych Hard Rock Blues Folk ALICE COOPER STONEGROUND US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN GREY & PINK Sealed Rare OBI Replica LP JAPAN CD US $149.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The LAFAYETTES vocal group 45 CARAVAN OF LONELY MEN / I STILL DO ~ VG++ US $11.88 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night JAPAN MINI LP CD UICY-9060 NO OBI US $19.99 [0 bids]
CARAVAN WATERLOO Sealed Rare OBI Replica LP JAPAN CD US $110.49 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMMY CARAVAN-LOOK INTO THE FLOWER 1968 TOWER RECORDS T 5103 PROMO MONO VG++ US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN FOR GIRLS Sealed Rare OBI Replica LP JAPAN CD US $152.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN CUNNING Sealed Rare OBI Replica LP JAPAN CD US $110.49 Buy It Now 1 day
R&B 78 Joe LIggins Exclusive 216 Caravan + Going to Heaven E+ w/edgebite NAP US $8.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Joe D'Urso & Stone Caravan - Sway (NEW CD) (Bruce Springsteen) US $19.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan - Better By Far (NEW CD) US $19.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan - The Unauthorised Breakfast (NEW CD) US $19.47 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN SYMPHONIA Sealed Rare OBI Replica LP JAPAN CD US $129.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan - Highways Call To Me [CD New] US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mayo Hubert - Caravan De Santino [CD New] US $17.37 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN - Recorded Live In Concert At Metropolis Studios London - 2xLP US $41.87 Buy It Now 1 day
RONALD SHANNON JACKSON Texas LP Caravan of Dreams US $8.37 Buy It Now 1 day
Pantera Planet Caravan Red 12" US $13.25 [0 bids]
CARAVAN Songs and Signs DECCA German import NEAR MINT R*A*R*E* US $69.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Jimmy Caravan Hey Jude Beatles Doors OtisRedding covers IsaacHayes organ soul US $9.99 [0 bids]
Up, Bustle And Out "The Dance Of Caravan Summer" 1996 Ninja Tune, ZEN 1242 VG+ US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Buddy Rich SEVEN CLASSIC ALBUMS VOL 2 In Miami BLUES CARAVAN New Sealed 4 CD US $10.99 [0 bids]
STEVEN GROSSMAN CARAVAN TONIGHT LP SRM-1-702 US $18.73 Buy It Now 1 day
ISLEY JASPER ISLEY: Caravan Of Love (soul vinyl LP) US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
JIM FLAHERTY'S CARAVAN / MY DARLING ROSIE 45 / BELMONT RECORD SHOP-CONNECTICUT US $75.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan/Gordon Giltrap/Sundance 1973 Concert Poster US $29.85 Buy It Now 1 day
GOSPEL SINGING CARAVAN.."CHRISTMAS CARD"..LEFEVRES, BLUE RIDGE, PROPHETS.....NEW US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
COMEDY CARAVAN GRIFFITH YORGESSON KARI FREBERT LP T732 US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RICHARD SINCLAIR CARAVAN OF DREAMS An Evening Of Magic 2xCD Hatfield US $24.99 [0 bids]
TEX WILLIAMS: And His Western Caravan (country vinyl LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy CARAVAN music online Buy CARAVAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CARAVAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CARAVAN Paradise Filter ratings distribution

CARAVAN Paradise Filter reviews

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars This is what we are

A full ten years after their previous studio album, Caravan returned in 2013 with a new album. While not up to the high standards of the previous The Unauthorised Breakfast Item, Paradise Filter is a good album that is superior to the albums the group released during the 90's, 80's, and second half of the 70's (post-Cunning Stunts).

The line-up consists of Pye Hastings, Jan Schelhaas, Geoffrey Richardson, Jim Leverton, Doug Boyle, and Mark Walker. The distinctive Caravan sound remains intact and the band's trademarks are here. The sound is a bit more laid-back compared to The Unauthorised Breakfast Item, but not as "naked" and tame as The Battle Of Hastings. Though, the Folk influences from The Battle Of Hastings are again evident here.

The melodies are less strong than on the previous album and there are no standout tracks like the excellent Nowhere To Hide from that last album. Still, Paradise Filter is a pleasant listen from beginning to end and there are no embarrassments. Any Prog fan is bound to notice that almost all of the tracks here are around four and half minutes long, and the longest track is just over six minutes in length. Hence, no epic track like Nine Feet Underground or Dabsong Conshirto. The slightly longer tracks at the end of the album and not much more progressive than the shorter ones, and the album as a whole is not overly progressive really. Paradise Filter is nonetheless a worthy entry in the Caravan catalogue.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#1132297) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 16, 2014

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
2 stars There are some rare bands underway which still can hold up the spirit they were able to offer when starting the fire long ago. Unfortunately though, at least when it comes to this studio album, the current CARAVAN incarnation can't be counted amongst them. Okay, they are free to record what they like to play, no question. But this definitely is not what I was waiting for. When comparing with their earlier productions, 'Paradise Filter' appears far away from what I would call progressive rock music. Ten songs are given, blues and folk pop rock tinged, I can't hear any canterbury context anymore.

Simple straightforward compositions, not remotely close to suites like 'Nine Feet Underground' and 'For Richard' for instance. I'm missing any surprises, twists and turns, or improv parts featuring this typical intriguing guitar, keyboard and violin interaction from the earlier days. Only on Trust Me I'm A Doctor and the title track there is a slight reminiscence to the successful times to recognize. Although Pye Hastings' charming voice nearly has gone on some tunes you can hear that the musicianship is already there basically. But when it comes to the compositions they are playing it utterly safe here. Hence - with deep respect for the musicians and their legacy - this songs won't light my fire, sorry.

Send comments to Rivertree (BETA) | Report this review (#1146859) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 12, 2014

4 stars This is Caravan's thirteenth studio album and is released ten years after their last one "The Unauthorised Breakfast Item". I find it hard to believe that it is ten years since that was released and it is something I still listen to quite regularly. "The Unauthorised Breakfast Item" represented ... (read more)

Report this review (#1255662) | Posted by FXM | Friday, August 22, 2014 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The British Canterbury band Caravan has been an important part of my prog discoveries the past two years and I have got anything fresh and lovely from almost everything they have done. Thirteen records have they done, many of them have got bad reviews from listeners here but I have liked even ... (read more)

Report this review (#1209067) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Friday, July 11, 2014 | Review Permanlink

3 stars What I wrote about "The Battle of Hastings" applies here as well: There is much on this album that I like, just not too much prog, really. So, although I consider this to be quite a fine album (some songs stronger than others, of course) I can't give more than 3 stars here, progwise... Musicall ... (read more)

Report this review (#1198437) | Posted by madcap68 | Thursday, June 26, 2014 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Canterbury band, Rocks and Pops!! Clean, catchy "Pop/Rock", close to today's mainstream "new" Prog? bands. - In this Caravan's "Paradise Filters" , it is more by association than musical language, but then again "Canterbury" is a quiet "loose" Prog sub-genre. Three very "radio oriented" song ... (read more)

Report this review (#1117010) | Posted by admireArt | Monday, January 20, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CARAVAN "Paradise Filter"