PARADISE FILTER

Caravan Paradise Filter album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy CARAVAN Music
Studio Album, released in 2013

1. All This Could Be Yours (4:30)
2. I'm On My Way (4:27)
3. Fingers In The Till (4:45)
4. This Is What We Are (4:11)
5. Dead Man Walking (5:59)
6. Farewell My Old Friend (4:07)
7. Pain In The Arse (4:30)
8. Trust Me I Am A Doctor (4:28)
9. I'll Be There For You (6:14)
10. The Paradise Filter (6:0)

Search CARAVAN Paradise Filter lyrics

- Jim Leverton/Bass, backing vocals

Digital release : Pledge Music: December 2013
CD Release:
Vinyl release:

Thanks to chris s for the addition

CARAVAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CARAVAN Paradise Filter Music

In the Land of Grey & PinkIn the Land of Grey & Pink
Universal UK 2011
Live at the Fairfield HallsLive at the Fairfield Halls
Polygram UK 2002
If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do ItIf I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It
Polygram UK 2001
Back to Front (Reis)Back to Front (Reis)
Remastered · Import
Eclectic Discs 2005
For Girls Who Grow Plump in NightFor Girls Who Grow Plump in Night
Polygram UK 2005
Waterloo LilyWaterloo Lily
Polygram UK 2001
CARAVAN-IN THE LAND OF GREY AND PINK-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Ltd/Ed G00 US $28.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
CARAVAN-FOR GIRLS WHO GROW PLUMP IN THE NIGHT-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-SACD Ltd/Ed K25 US $45.50 Buy It Now 1h 19m
CARAVAN - IN THE LAND OF GREY AND PINK, PS 593 LONDON US $50.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Various - Comedy Caravan - LP ('56)Griffith, Yorgesson, Kari, Freeberg, Standley US $10.22 Buy It Now 1h 42m
CARAVAN-FOR GIRLS WHO GROW PLUMP IN THE NIGHT-JAPAN MINI LP PLATINUM SHM-CD I50 US $38.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
NEAR MIN JAPANESE PRESSING! CARAVAN "For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night " US $15.00 [1 bids]
MEDICINE BALL CARAVAN LP ALICE COOPER, B B KING, YOUNGBLOODS, DELANEY US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 59m
^ CARAVAN waterloo lily UICY-94329 JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD US $44.99 Buy It Now 2h 21m
^ CARAVAN best of caravan live UICY-94333 JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 21m
^ CARAVAN caravan UICY-94326 JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD US $42.99 Buy It Now 2h 24m
^ CARAVAN for girls who grow plump in the night UICY-94330 JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD US $42.99 Buy It Now 2h 24m
CHUBBY JACKSON'S RHYTHM Head Quarters/Sam's Caravan KEYNOTE 625 E/EE- LISTEN US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 24m
CARAVAN-FOR GIRLS WHO GROW PLUMP IN THE NIGHT-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Ltd/Ed G00 US $28.99 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Original US 1975 1st.Pressing ~CARAVAN Cunning Stunts~LP Prog psych 70's Rock US $9.99 [0 bids]
A Very Special Grace Hardy Brundage Marianne Caravan CLPS-7501 LP record SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 40m
JAVIER GUTIERREZ & VIVAZ - LATIN CARAVAN NEW CD US $27.49 Buy It Now 5h 25m
Cunning Stunts LP by Caravan - Request Records 1988 US $9.68 [0 bids]
ZOMBI(STEVE MOORE)SLOW OSCILLATIONS,7'' STATIC CARAVAN NEW US $9.66 Buy It Now 7h 29m
Caravan - A Night's Tale (SFMCD275) US $14.50 Buy It Now 7h 48m
CARAVAN For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night UK Original LP 1st Deram Label !! US $59.95 Buy It Now 8h
CARAVAN OF MUGHAM MELODIES / VARIOUS NEW CD US $28.92 Buy It Now 8h 26m
'WHERE MY CARAVAN HAS RESTED' - Vintage Sheet Music BY HERMANN LOHR US $19.36 Buy It Now 8h 35m
THE HOUSEMARTINS - CARAVAN OF LOVE: 7" VINYL SINGLE IN A PICTURE SLEEVE US $6.44 Buy It Now 9h 2m
Johnny Hodges All-Stars, Duke Ellington-Caravan 2xLP US US $8.95 Buy It Now 9h 4m
STOCHELO ROSENBERG/T - CARAVAN [STOCHELO ROSENBERG/THE ROSENBERG TRIO] - NEW CD US $22.54 Buy It Now 9h 12m
JOHN LA BARBERA BIG - CARAVAN [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $11.98 Buy It Now 9h 25m
Pair Label RARE 2 Lp~~TWICE~~Caravan To Midnight~In City Dreams~~ROBIN TROWER US $29.99 Buy It Now 9h 40m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - THE HOUSEMARTINS - CARAVAN OF LOVE - GOD 16 US $11.28 Buy It Now 9h 44m
Robin Trower - Caravan To MIdnight - Record LP US $7.19 Buy It Now 9h 49m
GYPSY CARAVAN - QUEST NEW CD US $28.58 Buy It Now 9h 56m
CARAVAN PALACE - NEW CD US $20.29 Buy It Now 10h 4m
45 RPM Record CARAVAN PART I AND 2 BY COZY COLE US $17.00 Buy It Now 10h 18m
Caravan - For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night - Deram SDL-R 12 US $24.18 Buy It Now 11h 4m
LP Boxed Set Record Set "American Caravan" Columbia, Used US $1.00 [0 bids]
LP Marsalis, Wynton "Marsalis Standard Time Volume Vol.1" CBS 451 039 1 Caravan US $14.50 Buy It Now 11h 39m
Caravan - In The Land Of Grey and Pink (Coloured Vinyl) (NEW 2 x 12" VINYL LP) US $46.76 Buy It Now 11h 49m
Peter White "Caravan Of Dreams" twice autographed CD US $18.88 [0 bids]
CARAVAN & THE NEW SYMPHONIA (London Records) #PS 650 1974 ORIG 1st US Pressing US $24.99 Buy It Now 12h 41m
Caravan : Nowhere To Hide CD (2003) US $11.68 Buy It Now 12h 48m
78rpm PHILIP GREEN ORCH caravan , ellington / ruby US $32.26 Buy It Now 12h 57m
CARAVAN - CARAVAN & THE NEW SYMPHONIA NEW CD US $18.85 Buy It Now 13h 5m
THE VENTURES 2EP PS Japan CARAVAN, APACHE s2194 US $20.00 Buy It Now 13h 20m
45RPM Mercury 30020 Ralph Marterie, Pretend / Caravan V+ US $9.95 Buy It Now 13h 34m
CARAVAN FEATURING ARIF ST MICHAEL promise 12" 3 trk deep south mix (hys005t) uk US $8.45 Buy It Now 13h 37m
CARAVAN - PLACE OF MY OWN: THE COLLECTION CD ALBUM (March 31st 2014) US $6.44 Buy It Now 13h 57m
Vintage RARE "Hot Rod Caravan" LP (1960's) VHTF US $44.95 Buy It Now 13h 58m
CLIFFORD BROWN ALL STARS-CARAVAN-JAPAN CD B75 US $14.50 Buy It Now 14h 5m
GypSy CarAVan Live At BerbAti 1994 caSSettE PortlanD, ORegon US $1.89 [0 bids]
RUSSIAN CARAVAN 10" LP CONTINENTAL 17 THE GYPSY WANDERERS (RED VELVET COVER) US $9.99 [0 bids]
BING CROSBY & JASCHA HEIFETZ Where My Caravan Has Rested 78 BRUNSWICK 03938 US $20.95 Buy It Now 15h
THE HOUSEMARTINS - Caravan of love 7" single - Excellent condition US $6.11 Buy It Now 15h 23m
Speed Caravan - Kalashnik Love [CD New] US $18.00 Buy It Now 15h 24m
Caravan - Caravan & The New Symphonia [CD New] US $10.16 Buy It Now 15h 25m
Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again Remas NEW CD US $7.92 Buy It Now 15h 34m
Medicine Ball Caravan Orig 1971 Warner Bros. BS-2565 Stereo Vinyl White Label EX US $18.99 [0 bids]
CARAVAN - AND THE NEW SYMPHONIA 2001 REMASTERED JAPAN MINI LP CD US $32.25 Buy It Now 16h 4m
CARAVAN - CUNNING STUNTS 2001 REMASTERED JAPAN MINI LP CD US $32.25 Buy It Now 16h 4m
Art & The Jazz Messengers Blakey - Caravan [Vinyl New] US $18.48 Buy It Now 16h 13m
Rosenberg Trio - Caravan [CD New] US $17.74 Buy It Now 16h 14m
Caravan Palace [CD New] US $14.19 Buy It Now 16h 15m
JOE D'URSO & STONE CARAVAN - CAUSE NEW CD US $20.29 Buy It Now 16h 15m
Caravan : Caravan Best of CD (1994) US $8.97 Buy It Now 16h 28m
HOUSEMARTINS USA 1987 PROMO 7" Single CARAVAN OF LOVE US $4.82 Buy It Now 16h 50m
Caravan - In the Land of Grey and Pink PS 593 - British Import US $49.95 [0 bids]
KENT HARIAN: Echoes Of Joy 1956 Caravan LP 15611 Mono LP AL COHN GIL EVANS Rare US $250.00 Buy It Now 17h 24m
American Caravan Volume 4~4 Track 3 3/4 IPS Reel to Reel Tape US $16.99 Buy It Now 17h 59m
Caravan - Quartet Kronos CD Music US $11.95 Buy It Now 17h 59m
American Caravan Volume 4 7" Reel to Reel 4 Track US $15.99 Buy It Now 18h 4m
ANDERSON NICOL ONLY ONCE MORE & WHERE MY CARAVAN HAS RESTED WINNER 2421 US $4.02 Buy It Now 18h 8m
CARAVAN Cunning Stunts vinyl LP 1975 US $12.00 Buy It Now 18h 39m
NEW JOHN HOWARD GOSPEL CARAVAN i want to be holy LP SEALED modern soul gospel US $12.00 Buy It Now 18h 45m
LINDA PURL-MIDNIGHT CARAVAN-JAPAN MINI LP CD BONUS TRACK F83 US $28.50 Buy It Now 19h 22m
CARAVAN ORCHESTRA--JEROME KERN DANCE ALBUM--CARAVAN 45 EP W/ PIC SLEEVE (1949) US $15.00 Buy It Now 19h 36m
CARAVAN: A Hunting We Shall Go: Live In 1974 (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $35.00 Buy It Now 20h 11m
CRYSTAL CARAVAN: Against The Rising Tide LP (Sweden, gatefold cover, w/ insert US $25.00 Buy It Now 20h 17m
MILTON CROSS-Little Black Sambo-Kids 10" 78rpm G/VG Caravan Records Red Single US $17.99 Buy It Now 20h 30m
VAN MORRISON Moondance CD Warner Bros Records 1971 Them Caravan Crazy Love rock US $3.99 [0 bids]
CHARLES HARRISON Tenor Where my caravan has rested 78 HMV B351 US $20.95 Buy It Now 20h 52m
MERRYMEN-More the Merrier-Folk Island Caravan Records Stereo Near Mint Vinyl LP US $19.99 [0 bids]
78 Jazz DUKE ELLINGTON Caravan / Azure Master MA 131 US $12.99 [0 bids]
SPIRIT CARAVAN ? JUG FULLA SUN CD WINO OBSESSED SAINT VITUS WIZARD KYUSS TROUBLE US $59.99 [0 bids]
NEW Hang Caravan by Compact Disc Book Free Shipping US $28.12 Buy It Now 22h
VARIOUS - California Gospel Caravan - 1978 - BLACK GOSPEL SOUL US $8.00 [0 bids]
Bob Dylan An The Rolling Thunder Review - The Magical Mystery Caravan CD US $22.55 [10 bids]
Caravan To Midnight - Robin Trower - Chrysalis CHR-1189 US $10.99 Buy It Now 22h 19m
JOE VALINO "CARAVAN, & GARDEN OF EDEN" 45 RPM US $0.99 [0 bids]
CARAVAN For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night 1st US Press LONDON LP STERLING US $19.99 [0 bids]
RALPH MARTERIE - CARAVAN [RALPH MARTERIE] - NEW CD US $15.03 Buy It Now 22h 45m
JOE VALINO - GARDEN OF EDEN / CARAVAN - ORIGINAL VIK EX+ US $3.30 Buy It Now 23h 4m
Inspiral Carpets Caravan Cd Single US $9.66 Buy It Now 23h 6m
INSPIRAL CARPETS caravan 12" 3 trk promo b/w skidoo (pdung13t) uk mute 1991 US $8.45 Buy It Now 23h 30m
INSPIRAL CARPETS caravan 12" 3 trk b/w what noise rethink version and skidoo (du US $8.45 Buy It Now 23h 30m
Robin Trower "Caravan to Midnight" Chrysalis 1978 US $5.59 [0 bids]
Astro Can Caravan - Planet Caravan EU CD NEW 2010 Finland Space-Age Jazz US $15.98 Buy It Now 1 day
DEJA VU (MID 90'S GROUP) messages 12" 4 trk blue riot mix b/w caravan dub, grins US $8.45 Buy It Now 1 day
PANTERA - PLANET CARAVAN - UK 12" EAST/WEST RED VINYL LP black sabbath US $16.50 [6 bids]
Tex Williams Western Caravan Ocean A&E Rag / Rakes of Mallow Square Dance 12" 78 US $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Tex Williams & Wester Caravan Ocean Waves / Texas Star Square Dance 12" 78 US $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
MEDICINE BALL CARAVAN: Music From The Motion Picture soundtrack vinyl US $11.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LP Record Charles Magnane "Caravan/Dark eyes" US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy CARAVAN music online Buy CARAVAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CARAVAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CARAVAN Paradise Filter ratings distribution

CARAVAN Paradise Filter reviews

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars This is what we are

A full ten years after their previous studio album, Caravan returned in 2013 with a new album. While not up to the high standards of the previous The Unauthorised Breakfast Item, Paradise Filter is a good album that is superior to the albums the group released during the 90's, 80's, and second half of the 70's (post-Cunning Stunts).

The line-up consists of Pye Hastings, Jan Schelhaas, Geoffrey Richardson, Jim Leverton, Doug Boyle, and Mark Walker. The distinctive Caravan sound remains intact and the band's trademarks are here. The sound is a bit more laid-back compared to The Unauthorised Breakfast Item, but not as "naked" and tame as The Battle Of Hastings. Though, the Folk influences from The Battle Of Hastings are again evident here.

The melodies are less strong than on the previous album and there are no standout tracks like the excellent Nowhere To Hide from that last album. Still, Paradise Filter is a pleasant listen from beginning to end and there are no embarrassments. Any Prog fan is bound to notice that almost all of the tracks here are around four and half minutes long, and the longest track is just over six minutes in length. Hence, no epic track like Nine Feet Underground or Dabsong Conshirto. The slightly longer tracks at the end of the album and not much more progressive than the shorter ones, and the album as a whole is not overly progressive really. Paradise Filter is nonetheless a worthy entry in the Caravan catalogue.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#1132297) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 16, 2014

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
2 stars There are some rare bands underway which still can hold up the spirit they were able to offer when starting the fire long ago. Unfortunately though, at least when it comes to this studio album, the current CARAVAN incarnation can't be counted amongst them. Okay, they are free to record what they like to play, no question. But this definitely is not what I was waiting for. When comparing with their earlier productions, 'Paradise Filter' appears far away from what I would call progressive rock music. Ten songs are given, blues and folk pop rock tinged, I can't hear any canterbury context anymore.

Simple straightforward compositions, not remotely close to suites like 'Nine Feet Underground' and 'For Richard' for instance. I'm missing any surprises, twists and turns, or improv parts featuring this typical intriguing guitar, keyboard and violin interaction from the earlier days. Only on Trust Me I'm A Doctor and the title track there is a slight reminiscence to the successful times to recognize. Although Pye Hastings' charming voice nearly has gone on some tunes you can hear that the musicianship is already there basically. But when it comes to the compositions they are playing it utterly safe here. Hence - with deep respect for the musicians and their legacy - this songs won't light my fire, sorry.

Send comments to Rivertree (BETA) | Report this review (#1146859) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Review by Aussie-Byrd-Brother
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
3 stars It's been a sad time for Caravan and their followers with the loss of founding member Richard Coughlan in 2013, no doubt shaking the group up, but through the support of fans, by way of a successful online Pledge Music pre-order campaign, we now have a thirteenth Caravan album entitled `Paradise Filter'. Truthfully, as much as fans can have good-will towards this beloved act, the results delivered offer only a slight interest to progressive rock fans, but there's still traces of the Caravan humour, good nature and musical taste. It's not like anyone should have expected any more side-long epics or quirky arrangements, so a bulk of `Paradise Filter' is straightforward oldies pop/rock, AOR tracks and ballads, but admittedly there's still the instantly recognisably warm and dignified voice of Pye Hastings. While initially somewhat unexciting, stick with the album for a few tracks and the better material starts to emerge.

A bunch of pleasing, melodic but mostly forgettable pop/rockers takes up the first sections of the album. With a bit more energy and life, `All This Could Be Yours' could have been one of those peppy little openers that appeared on earlier albums like `Feelin' Alright' off `Better By Far'. It's got a fairly catchy chorus, and Geoffrey Richardson's viola shows up briefly throughout the final minute, but it's mixed very low when it really needed to stand out! Mid- tempo rocker `I'm On My Way' has an almost flat wheezy chorus, but some gently bluesy guitar licks save it. With a title like `Fingers In The Till', one of those trademark silly and sprightly Caravan poppy tracks was expected, but it's a rather melancholic and serious plodder, only getting more infectious in the chorus towards the end. There's nice synths but they're mixed so far to the back they may as well have been left off altogether.

`This Is What We Are' shows the first signs of life and promise, a catchy chorus and stand- out vocal break mixed with menacing heavy piano and surprisingly murky snarling hard- rock riffs. `Dead Man Walking' has nice dusty western movie style harmonica, with a welcome extended instrumental second half built around striking acoustic guitar and dramatic piano, Hammond organ bristling away in the background. `Farewell, My Old Friend' is a touching piano ballad in honour of the late Richard Coughlin sung with sincerity by Pye and the whole band playing with great heart and emotion, and `I'll Be There For You' is a lovely romantic and optimistic light banjo ballad with classy synth orchestration.

Thankfully we also eventually get some of those cheekier numbers starting with the slinky jazz rocker `Pain In The Arse'! The hostile and very bitter `relationship gone wrong' lyric is a little shocking, but it's worth it to hear Pye deliver the classic line `While I think of it, you look just like a horse!' - now that's the Caravan I like to hear! `Trust Me I'm A Doctor' has nice jangling guitars over sly lines like `I'm here to look after your health, and maybe I'll add to my wealth', or even more amusingly `I told him that my throat hurt and that I couldn't sing, he said "Don't worry, Pye, neither can I!" Speaking of classic Caravan, Geoffrey Richardson takes the lead vocal on the title track album closer, a dreamy ballad that deters into a 70's style Caravan instrumental, not unlike the middle of `The Dog, The Dog He's At It Again'. Trilling flute, soft acoustic guitars and energetic synths all weave beautifully together, and it's the absolute highlight of the album.

I do believe the band should really `play the prog card' like that final piece a little more if they decide to release further albums in the future, just throw in more zippy synth soloing, more instrumental passages, even if it's kind of clichéd and predictable, because that's the sound Caravan fans really want to hear. A majority of vocal based straight-forward rock pieces from any progressive band are going to wear a little thin, no matter how much goodwill you have towards them. But many nice moments pop up throughout, so `Paradise Filter' is not without its charms, and it's really hard not to be taken in by this good-hearted band. Therefore it's still a worthy release for the more forgiving of their fans, and Caravan and Canterbury Scene completists will likely want to add either the CD or vinyl LP to their collection right away.

Three stars.

Note - Well done to all the fans who pre-ordered the album and got their names printed in the CD booklet. Nice big letters, easily to read and clear, they must be stoked to be a part of Caravan history! Good on them!

Send comments to Aussie-Byrd-Brother (BETA) | Report this review (#1287971) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 05, 2014

4 stars This is Caravan's thirteenth studio album and is released ten years after their last one "The Unauthorised Breakfast Item". I find it hard to believe that it is ten years since that was released and it is something I still listen to quite regularly. "The Unauthorised Breakfast Item" represented ... (read more)

Report this review (#1255662) | Posted by FXM | Friday, August 22, 2014 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The British Canterbury band Caravan has been an important part of my prog discoveries the past two years and I have got anything fresh and lovely from almost everything they have done. Thirteen records have they done, many of them have got bad reviews from listeners here but I have liked even ... (read more)

Report this review (#1209067) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Friday, July 11, 2014 | Review Permanlink

3 stars What I wrote about "The Battle of Hastings" applies here as well: There is much on this album that I like, just not too much prog, really. So, although I consider this to be quite a fine album (some songs stronger than others, of course) I can't give more than 3 stars here, progwise... Musicall ... (read more)

Report this review (#1198437) | Posted by madcap68 | Thursday, June 26, 2014 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Canterbury band, Rocks and Pops!! Clean, catchy "Pop/Rock", close to today's mainstream "new" Prog? bands. - In this Caravan's "Paradise Filters" , it is more by association than musical language, but then again "Canterbury" is a quiet "loose" Prog sub-genre. Three very "radio oriented" song ... (read more)

Report this review (#1117010) | Posted by admireArt | Monday, January 20, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CARAVAN "Paradise Filter"