BEYOND THE BEYOND PLUS...

Fantasy

Fantasy Beyond the Beyond plus... album cover

Buy FANTASY Music
Studio Album, released in 1974

1. Introduction (2:09)
2. Beyond the Beyond (5:34)
3. Reality (2:56)

Bonus tracks on remaster (1999):

10. Fire-Fire (6:45)
11. Vacuum (4:06)
12. Alone (4:35)
13. Afterthought (original version)(7:28)
14. Church Clock (original version)(3:36)

Search FANTASY Beyond the Beyond plus... lyrics

- Jon Webster / drums, vocals
- Geoff Whitehorn / lead guitar on 10-13
- Paul Petley / lead vocals on 10-13
- Brian Chattam / drums on 10-13

CD Audio Archives AACD001 (1992)
CD Audio Archives AACD 034 (1999, remaster)

FANTASY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FANTASY Beyond the Beyond plus... Music

Steel Toe CowboySteel Toe Cowboy
The Orchard 2000
Audio CD$1.11 (used)
He's Number OneHe's Number One
Hot Productions 1994
CD MAXIM VENGEROV Bizet Carmen fantasy CANYON 1994 GERMANY RARE US $34.00 Buy It Now 34m 53s
Hotline-Fantasy Hi Nrg Italo Disco Bobby O/Orlando Classic HEAR US $14.99 Buy It Now 47m 1s
Elliot Lawrence - Plays Gerry Mulligan Arrangements LP - Fantasy - Jazz US $7.20 [0 bids]
55m 41s
A807 JOHN LENNON & YOKO ONO / DOUBLE FANTASY JAPAN CD CP32-5750 US $24.99 Buy It Now 57m 52s
The Great Fantasy-Adventure Album Erich Kunzel: Cincinnati Pops Orchestra CD USA US $9.28 Buy It Now 59m 2s
Creedence Clearwater Revival :The Concert CD 1980 Fantasy Free Ship US $9.99 Buy It Now 59m 12s
Steve Douglas - King Cobra LP - Fantasy - Jazz US $6.49 [0 bids]
Dirty Pair : Japan LP - Digital Trip Synthesizer Fantasy - Appo Sound Project - US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
The Blackbyrds - Flyin' High / All I Ask 7" 45 - Fantasy - Funk-Jazz US $6.31 [0 bids]
The Blackbyrds - Happy Music / Love So Fine 7" 45 - Fantasy - Funk-Jazz US $6.30 [0 bids]
Woody Herman - King Cobra LP - Fantasy - Jazz US $7.20 [0 bids]
Jon James & Trash Can Fantasy Danceband,CD,Jon James & the Trashcan Fantasy Danc US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Cd + Vcd FANTASY Mandarin 1999 + POSTER Luna Yuri Sela US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Fantasy World Soundtrack - Japan CD SNOW WHITE DUMBO BAMBI STEEPING BEAUTY MARY US $14.95 Buy It Now 1h 47m
VARIOUS: Fantasy Records Hi-fi Sampler (jazz vinyl LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 48m
RAMSEY LEWIS fantasy LP 9 track but sleeve has edge creasing and sticker mark (2 US $8.52 Buy It Now 1h 48m
REDWING take me home LP 5 track one sided promo side a (ft18) uk fantasy 1973 US $9.21 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Veena & Neena - Belly Dance Fantasy CD US $17.74 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Raw: Live by GMT/John McCoy/Bernie Torm‚/Robin Guy (CD, Jun-2011, Fantasy... US $15.34 Buy It Now 2h
Blues in the Night, Vol. 1: The Early Show by Etta James (CD, 1986, Fantasy) US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h
EROTIC SEXUAL IMAGERY FANTASY FOR MEN SELF HYPNOSIS CD US $5.10 Buy It Now 2h
Fantasy - Land In Sicht CD US $15.85 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Fantasy - Konig In Der Nacht CD US $15.85 Buy It Now 2h 8m
, Liszt: Piano Concerti 1 & 2, Totentanz, Hungarian Fantasy (Essential Classics) US $8.66 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Fantasy UFO ?- Mind, Body, Soul STRICTLY UNDERGROUND LTD Etched 12" HARDCORE US $5.96 Buy It Now 2h 16m
M PEOPLE- Promotional Card (Flat) Fantasy Island US $8.52 Buy It Now 2h 24m
ROY BUDD fantasy album LP 9 track in gatefold but has sticker tear,sticker and r US $29.11 Buy It Now 2h 29m
THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD * RARE * BERNARD HERRMANN fantasy movie soundtrack US $34.63 Buy It Now 2h 29m
RED SONJA * RARE * ENNIO MORRICONE fantasy movie soundtrack VINYL schwarzenegger US $32.76 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Regurgitator - Dirty Pop Fantasy - Australia cd - RARE! US $9.98 Buy It Now 2h 48m
BAD COMPANY 7" PS Japan ROCK 'N' ROLL FANTASY promo r9982 US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 15m
Brahms,J. - Violin Concerto & Fantasy [CD New] US $8.13 Buy It Now 3h 27m
Brubeck,Dave - Definitive Dave Brubeck On Fantasy Concord Jazz & [CD New] US $12.96 Buy It Now 3h 27m
Bruch,M. - Scottish Fantasy/Violin Concerto No. 1 [SACD New] US $16.45 Buy It Now 3h 27m
TIGHT FIT 'Fantasy Island' 1982 UK 7" Picture Disc - Jive P13 US $5.61 [0 bids]
Hong Kong Anita Mui Mei Yan Fang Fantasy Gig 2002 Concert Karaoke 2xVCD FCS3924 US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 31m
MARIAH CAREY Fantasy 1995 USA CD single + german info US $18.70 Buy It Now 3h 36m
Kanye West My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy CD ALBUM NEW/MINT US $10.22 Buy It Now 3h 39m
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (Deluxe Edition), Kanye West, Very Good Explic US $11.84 Buy It Now 3h 50m
SYLVESTER sell my soul LP 8 track (f5933) french fantasy 1980 US $8.52 Buy It Now 4h
SYLVESTER sell my soul LP 8 track (f5933) still sealed french fantasy 1980 US $15.39 Buy It Now 4h
DAVID DAVIDSON - CELTIC FANTASY NEW CD US $15.50 Buy It Now 4h 20m
Alfred Brendel - Fantasy In C/Symphonic Etude (1999) - Used - Audio Compact US $8.37 Buy It Now 4h 23m
MINT-NM THE VENTURES - FLIGHTS OF FANTASY - ORIG US STEREO LP LST-8055 US $29.95 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Creedence Clearwater "I Put a Spell on You"/Walk on the Water Fantasy 617 DJ M- US $35.00 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Urban Hype Living in a fantasy CD Single US $4.25 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Various Artists - Fantasy World Of I.Allen CD US $34.25 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Aquarian Dream - Fantasy / Chance To Dance (NEW CD) US $19.18 Buy It Now 4h 33m
TOMIO UMEZAWA/WUKONG FANTASY w/OBI JPN K28A500 US $21.00 Buy It Now 4h 34m
Charlie-Fantasy Girls Vinyl LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
SAM ROBERTS BAND/SAM - LO-FANTASY * (602537537570) - NEW CD US $9.93 Buy It Now 4h 40m
SYLVESTER - Step II - Excellent Condition LP Record Fantasy FT 549 US $15.34 Buy It Now 4h 41m
TRAFFIC/MR FANTASY MONO ORIG UK ILP961 US $295.00 Buy It Now 4h 42m
24BIT REMASTER DEODATO KNIGHTS OF FANTASY JAPAN CD US $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 45m
Final Fantasy 2 / Various - Final Fantasy 2 / Various (1995) - Used - Compa US $1.37 Buy It Now 4h 46m
LESTER BOWIE'S BRASS FANTASY Twilight Dreams LP (Venture UK VG+++) US $18.75 Buy It Now 4h 48m
EROTIC SEXUAL IMAGERY FANTASY FOR MEN SELF HYPNOSIS CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 48m
VAN MCCOY my favorite fantasy LP 10 track but sleeve has ringwear and sticker on US $8.52 Buy It Now 4h 51m
VAN MCCOY my favorite fantasy LP 10 track but sleeve has ringwear and surface te US $8.52 Buy It Now 4h 51m
Oosama no mimi Fantasy w/OBI JPN SKS104 US $21.00 Buy It Now 4h 52m
DOUBLE FANTASY John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Geffen Records 1980 w/lyrics US $8.00 Buy It Now 5h
WAYNE KOUNTY fantasy world LP 14 track double with inners in gatefold sleeve us US $8.52 Buy It Now 5h 6m
SPACE SHERIFF SHARIVAN Synthesizer Fantasy JAPAN LP OBI CX-7124 US $22.49 Buy It Now 5h 8m
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL- LOOKIN OUT MY BACK DOOR\LONG AS I CAN Fantasy US $1.99 Buy It Now 5h 19m
WOODY HERMAN feelin' so blue LP 8 track (f9509) us fantasy 1981 US $8.52 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Dugout - Now, Hold On Fantasy - Japan CD - NEW US $16.14 Buy It Now 5h 26m
ATOLL NERAT 'Art Of Ancient Seers'(CD)Fantasy Dark Metal US $12.70 Buy It Now 5h 31m
Liszt: Pno Ctos No 1 & 2/Hungarian Fantasy (CD, Nov-2006, Eloquence (Argentina)) US $10.38 Buy It Now 5h 32m
Beethoven: Triple Concerto; Choral Fantasy [Australia] (CD, Oct-2000, Philips) US $10.58 Buy It Now 5h 33m
Beethoven: Piano Sonatas; Choral Fantasy (CD, Aug-2012, Eloquence (Argentina)) US $13.70 Buy It Now 5h 34m
Christmas Fantasy (CD, Oct-2012, Eloquence (Argentina)) US $10.92 Buy It Now 5h 34m
Final Fantasy, Vol. VI * by Nobuo Uematsu (CD, Nov-2004, Universal Distribution) US $29.56 Buy It Now 5h 34m
Bruch: Violin Concerto No. 1; Scottish Fantasy (CD, Oct-2007, Philips) US $10.38 Buy It Now 5h 34m
Beethoven: Symphony No. 9 Op. 125 "Choral" & Choral Fantasy Conclusion - Sony C. US $9.03 Buy It Now 5h 34m
The Red Album - A Mancunian Fantasy * NEW * Free Priority Shipping US $15.98 Buy It Now 5h 34m
HERE LIVING IN A FANTASY US $16.06 Buy It Now 5h 35m
Tchaikovsky: Manfred Symphony; Hamlet Overture; Romeo & Juliet Fantasy... US $13.36 Buy It Now 5h 37m
Black Swan Fantasy (CD, Feb-2012, Sony Classical) US $11.04 Buy It Now 5h 37m
Last Fantasy by IU (CD, Dec-2011, C&L Music) US $15.98 Buy It Now 5h 38m
Final Fantasy: The Black Images by Black Mages (CD, May-2004, Square Soft) US $28.06 Buy It Now 5h 38m
TWO DAVE BRUBECK FANTASY Jazz Red Vinyl EP 45rpm Picture Sleeve US $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 43m
Lot of Two Vince Guaraldi Crown & Fantasy Label Record Vinyl ! US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 43m
Creedence Clearwater Revival PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY 45 rpm Record Fantasy US $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 43m
Leon Haywood Exotica Jazz 45 rpm Fantasy Record Label Vinyl US $39.99 Buy It Now 5h 43m
DEAR MR FANTASY / VARIOUS NEW CD US $23.19 Buy It Now 5h 51m
JOHN LENNON ¡õYOKO ONO/DOUBLE FANTASY w/OBI JPN P10948J US $18.00 Buy It Now 6h
JOHN LEE HOOKER - BOOGIE CHILLUN [FANTASY] - NEW CD US $8.65 Buy It Now 6h 2m
PEDESTRIANS - INNER - COMMUTER FANTASY - 1984 7/45 PORTUGAL RED BUS 1980 US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 12m
CIARA-FANTASY RIDE DELUXE EDITION-JAPAN CD DVD G88 US $34.99 Buy It Now 6h 18m
PETER BROWN Fantasy Love Affair/True What They Say DRIVE 6274 45 rpm DISCO SOUL US $5.00 Buy It Now 6h 19m
CD Gershwin Fantasy (CD, Jul-1998, Sony Classical) US $6.95 Buy It Now 6h 20m
FEVER ~ DREAMS AND DESIRES ~ ORIG. BOOGIE FUNK LP....NM..ON FANTASY US $12.00 Buy It Now 6h 23m
CIARA *FANTASY RIDE* Deluxel Edition CD+Bonus DVD NEW SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 25m
ALIEN cosmic fantasy LP 1984 80's HEAVY METAL from U.S.A. French pressing EX/NM US $15.99 [0 bids]
Traffic-Shoot Out At The Fantasy Factory Vinyl LP US $7.00 [0 bids]
WOODY HERMAN THUNDERING HERD 1974 FANTASY RECS. USA VINYL* ADVANCE RELEASE ITEM US $22.10 Buy It Now 6h 46m
CIARA - Fantasy Ride (KOREA) CD *SEALED* $2.99 S/H US $8.37 Buy It Now 6h 47m
Tone Poets - Whatever (CD, Midnight Fantasy, AM) Fall to Pieces - BN Sealed US $0.01 [0 bids]
THE BEBOP COWBOYS cd SOME KIND OF FANTASY 2003 western swing US $20.00 Buy It Now 6h 58m
Chronicle, Vol. 1 by Creedence Clearwater Revival (CD, 1991, Fantasy) US $6.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy FANTASY music online Buy FANTASY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FANTASY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FANTASY Beyond the Beyond plus... ratings distribution

FANTASY Beyond the Beyond plus... reviews

Review by loserboy
4 stars FANTASY's second album which sadly never really saw the light of day is nothing short of a superb recording. FANTASY blend highly melodic themes with great tempo changes and superb musicianship. FANTASY play music inspired with loads of analog keyboards (aka GENESIS) and even the odd sprinkle of the ol' mellotron. Vocals are charismatic with lyrics drawing heavily on fantasy-like themes and imagery. Their music is probably best described as somewhere in the middle of the road between GENESIS and YES. It would be a mistake to also review thios album and fail to mention the superb guitar playing throughout, which is much more accentuated than on their debut album. Thanks to the fine folks at Audio Archives for not only doing an excellent job in carefully remastering and repackaging this lost gem but including the 5 bonus tracks (3 old 1970 tracks and 2 demo versions). "Beyond The Beyond Plus" is a great album and I would recommend this album to the lovers of English 70's prog.

Send comments to loserboy (BETA) | Report this review (#27019) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars Repackaging of a lost pearl of 70's English prog/art-rock; I borrowed this last summer (with SPRING's sole album and some others) expecting to be blown way by superb Genesis-like prog, but for me Fantasy was a mild disappointment, lovely Spring being just the opposite. I can't exactly spot what's wrong: nice old prog sound with Mellotrons and all, good playing of keyboards and guitars, decent compositions, imaginative lyrics, sound quality fine enough. I feel I should enjoy this more. Maybe I consider the singer too colourless (while the other reviewer describes him charismatic) and the music somehow mild and predictable for its time. I admit I haven't been listening my tape very often, and right now I have only two songs in my memory. But surely worth checking, that much can be said.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#27021) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 09, 2005

Review by erik neuteboom
4 stars Fantasy their debut gig at the famous London 'music temple' The Marquee alongside Robin Trower, not bad at all for such an unknown progrock formation. It was the start of a succesfull tour in the country, supporting bands like Uriah Heep, Argent, Free, Supertramp, Geensis, Greenslade and The Kinks. And one night, again at the Marquee, two bands were billed to promote their debut albums: Fantasy and...Queen! The debutalbum was called Paint A Picture and released in '73. Soon Fantasy belonged to the past, the tapes for a next album remained in the vaults of time. Until the label Audio Archives released these tapes as a CD called Beyond The Beyond. In my opinion this CD is one of the highlights of the Early British Progressive Movement, what a wonderful and elaborated compositions! Every track is very melodic and harmonic featuring tasteful keyboards (lots of Hammond organ), strong guitarwork, a dynamic rhythm-section and good vocals. The climates changes from mellow with acoustic guitar and warm vocals to bombastic with fiery electric guitar and majestic Mellotron eruptions ("Alanderie" is such a beautiful example!). THIS IS VERY WARM AND COMPELLING PROGRESSIVE ROCK, ONE OF MY FAVORITES SEVENTIES ALBUMS!!

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#39117) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 11, 2005

Review by debrewguy
3 stars This is one of those albums, that like groups like Eloy & Nektar, you end up telling yourself - If only this was put out 2-3 earlier. This is good symphonic prog. For 1972. At this point, the symph prog connoisseur has already enjoyed Genesis' Selling England by the Pound, Tull's Thick as a Brick, Yes' Close to the Edge, and even the beginnings of the classic Italian wave of prog , with PFM's Per un Amico, & Storia di Un Minuta. So is this album unnecessary or bad ? Well, as one who was disappointed with every Nektar album save Recycled due to what I felt were dated sounds. And also, as a prog fan that felt that even Eloy's best - Ocean & Dawn - sounded like echos of a more glorious past; I must say that ... well ... this album won't disappoint those who keep searching for the next new find in 70s symphonic prog.

But, if you are looking at classics, if you want to hit the highlights only , due to the many high quality releases during the 70s, this is an album that you can safely pass by. Good, but so what. The old dit-ons - been there , done that, done it better. Fine if you can get it a a great price, if not, save your money for more deserving hidden treasures.

Send comments to debrewguy (BETA) | Report this review (#195037) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 26, 2008

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars One of these bands where you can really enjoy symphonic melodicity. Not so pandering, the strength of this record lies elsewhere (I'm aware that it's in fact 90's release, but from current point of view, I take this as it is. First part of this albums being mostly soft symphonic rock, but not soft as weak, more like tender (and beautiful), I really felt like giving best mark here, but then came second half of this record and with it, something like heavy prog, which brings it down a little bit. But I remember, something like "epic", Afterthought improves whole feeling. So I hesitate again. And that it's 1974 instead of 1971/2 ? Well, I take this as that they matured. From current point of view it doesn't matter so much, now it's golden age of prog & -||- (the same).

5(-), well, some heavy parts are way too heavy and keyboards can sound annoying, but after all, they're just bonus tracks, aren't they ?

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#249111) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 09, 2009

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Curious album, that´s the best sway to describe Fantasy´s second album. I found it purely by chance and, judging by the band´s name, I thought it would be something in the vein of Yes or Genesis. Not really. They are quite eclectic and interesting, sounding way too modern for the time: Beyond The Beyond doesn´t seem to be coming from 1974 at all. The production is excellent, very clear and balanced.

After repeated listenings Ican´t make up my mind if I really like it or not. It seems the band was on their way for something big, but the songwriting was still underdeveloped somehow. Not bad at all, but still it feels like they were in the right path but had not reached its aim yet. The better exemple of that are probably the longer tracks: Afterthought is very promising and strong, while the much more symphonic Alanderie with its eastern influences shows the band was not really ready for such undertaking. Well, that´s just my opinion. The title track is also very nice.

Of course the musicanship is very good, with all the band members doing their parts very skillfully. I liked the keyboards parts a lot, with some inventive use of mellotron and organ. The guitar solos are also well done. The singer has a nice voice. The bonus tracks show the band in a more heavy prog mode, but again the music is very good even if they were not as well produced as the official ones. (and three of them have a differnet, more aggressive singer).

It is very hard to rate such an album. This is good music alright, but not really symphonic. It makes yu wonder how far this group would have gone if they had the chance to hone their obvious talents. For this one: something between 2,5 and 3 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#250466) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 14, 2009

4 stars Fantasy's second effort, Beyond the Beyond, was registered in 1974 but didn't see the light at the time and was only released in the early 90s. This is really unfortunate as this album is such a decisive improvement over their debut album "Paint a Picture" that could have represented a real turni ... (read more)

Report this review (#280030) | Posted by lukretio | Friday, April 30, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Superb album,full of strong imagery alongside fantastical themes with the emphasis on esoteric notions and the afterlife.A momentous offering with crystal clear vocals, brilliant mellotron and 12string guitars at the fore.."Alanderie" features intricate key changes and a classical structure wh ... (read more)

Report this review (#122921) | Posted by Fantasyman | Sunday, May 20, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Fantasy's second album Beyond The Beyond was never released at the time (1974). They were thrown off the Polydor label, their producer told them he hated them and considered their music worthless, and that was the end of that... or was it? Not exactly, released by the Norweigan label Colours in ... (read more)

Report this review (#74943) | Posted by | Friday, April 14, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FANTASY "Beyond the Beyond plus..."