TRACKS FROM THE ALPS

Buy THE WATCH Music
Studio Album, released in 2014

1. A.T.L.A.S. (7:06)
2. Devil's Bridge (6:12)
3. The Cheating Mountain (5:07)
4. On Your Own (3:42)
5. Going Out To Get You (3:36)
6. Once In A Lifetime (4:19)
7. The Last Mile (7:30)

Search THE WATCH Tracks from the Alps lyrics

Search THE WATCH Tracks from the Alps tabs

- Giorgio Gabriel / electric guitars, 6-12 strings acoustic guitars, classical guitar, bass guitars
- Simone Rossetti / vocals, mellotron, synthesizers, flute
- Valerio de Vittorio / keyboards, Hammond L122 organ and synthesizers
- Marco Fabbri / drums and percussions
- Mattia Rossetti / bass guitars and bass pedals

Friday, February 28, 2014

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE WATCH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WATCH Tracks from the Alps Music

SEALED 1977 TRAX Watch Out! LP Polydor PD 1 6117 US $9.99 [0 bids]
32m 23s
BLACK COMEDY - LaWANDA (QUEEN OF COMEDY) Watch It Sucker! Feat. AUNT ESTHER US $35.00 Buy It Now 41m 32s
PAULINE HENRY Watch The Miracle Start 12" Ps, 4 Tracks Inc X Ray Dub/C US $14.47 Buy It Now 43m 11s
Baja Marimba Band Watch Out LP EX+ "SHRINK/STICKER" A&M Brown Label US $7.99 Buy It Now 43m 49s
LORRIE MORGAN CD Watch Me 10 SONG LIST Dated 1992 BMG FREE SHIPPING US $3.95 [0 bids]
51m 47s
Jazz NM! 45 Lena Horne Watch What Happens / Rocky Racoon on Vouge Music/Jon Ware US $3.00 [0 bids]
56m 20s
MISAKO KANO - WATCH OUT [MISAKO KANO] - NEW CD US $8.31 Buy It Now 1h
METALLICA Rare Watch Limited Edition BULOVA TIMEPIECE xx/179 US $549.99 [0 bids]
Music to Watch Girls By by Al Hirt (CD, Jan-2000, RCA Victor) US $2.99 [1 bids]
My Watch [Single] by Mike Corrado Band (CD, Jul-2004, EO Records) US $6.99 [0 bids]
THE VICTOR MALE CHORUS Larboard Watch 78 RPM 7" VICTOR 1256 One 1-Sided Rare US $7.99 [2 bids]
GLORIA BOUSCHELL: Watch Your Close Friend, Girl / Mono (rare soul vinyl 45) dj US $40.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
CLASSIC ROCK Sampler: Ones to Watch in 2014 US $1.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
FOUR SEASONS - Watch the Flowers Grow - 1967 US $3.50 Buy It Now 2h 7m
WATCH THEM DIE - WATCH THEM DIE (CD, 2004, Century Media) *Sealed* US $3.99 [0 bids]
BAJA MARIMBA BAND WATCH OUT! ALBUM ON THE EARLY! A&M GOLD LABEL GREAT CONDITION US $7.98 [0 bids]
DEPECHE MODE - DM 86 - 98 - STRICTLY LIMITED COLLECTORS PROMO WATCH UNIQUE US $249.90 Buy It Now 2h 40m
BLUES 45 - BOBBY PARKER Watch Your Step / Steal Your Heart Away US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 52m
HALF PINT - WATCH ME GROW CASSETTE JOEY BOY US $2.89 Buy It Now 3h 26m
THE BLACK WATCH: I FEEL SO WEIRD B/W STEVE ALBINI 7" 45 EP ESKIMO '90S PUNK US $5.98 Buy It Now 3h 35m
Chris Owens "Basin Street Blues / I Can See Clearly Now" Bourbon Street WATCH VG US $9.99 [0 bids]
KEVIN CLAY factory sealed cd WATCH ME FALL US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 44m
JAZZ LP Rene McLean Sextet WATCH OUT on INNER CITY clean US $9.99 [1 bids]
Jane Weaver Septieme Soeur - The Fallen by Watch Bird - SEALED U.S. cd 092014 US $9.75 Buy It Now 4h
+ MORE MUSIC TO WATCH GIRLS BY various 2CD excellent condition US $8.13 Buy It Now 4h
Watch Your Candles Watch Your Knives * by Marble Index (CD, Oct-2007, Rock... US $5.75 Buy It Now 4h 13m
Silicone Watch Strap for iPod Nano US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 51m
JOE TEX "SKINNY LEGS AND ALL / WATCH THIS ONE" DIAL 45 VINYL SINGLE US $0.99 Buy It Now 4h 55m
MANFRED MANN'S EARTH BAND Watch LP US $10.51 Buy It Now 4h 57m
SHOOTING STARS - Watch Tower Blues (EP) - Revival Rock & Roll / Rockabilly US $14.66 Buy It Now 5h 31m
Devo attery squash spray us 12" sealed watch us work lp US $7.99 [0 bids]
GEORGE HOWARD watch your back 12" NM- Promo WLP GR8P 5229 Audiophile Jazz Fun US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h
Baja Marimba Band WATCH OUT! Reel-to-reel tape A&M 118 Near Mint US $9.95 Buy It Now 7h 35m
JOHNNY TILLOTSON I RISE, I FALL & I'M WATCHING MY WATCH 45 RECORD/WS 1964 US $11.69 Buy It Now 7h 56m
UNREST-WATCH OUT-cd-1997-Point Music/Black Arrow-10034-very good condition US $59.66 Buy It Now 8h 20m
SEATRAIN Watch 1973 gatefold USA vinyl LP w/ insert Warner Brothers green label US $11.99 Buy It Now 8h 35m
CASSETTE: BEYOND A DREAM * Twila Paris (Star Song / 1993) "Watch And Pray" US $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 48m
JETHRO TULL STORM WATCH / WITH OBI US $129.99 [0 bids]
VARIOUS ARTISTS "MUSIC TO WATCH GIRLS BY" EU SONY 38 TRACK DOUBLE TAPE 1989 ex US $9.11 Buy It Now 9h 2m
WATCH THAT BAND Uncut Magazine CD Simone Felice, First Aid Kit Craig Finn, US $2.01 Buy It Now 9h 58m
Sonny Simmons - Staying On The Watch CD US $16.34 Buy It Now 10h 2m
CHRIS MONTEZ - WATCH WHAT HAPPENS - 12 INCH LP RECORD - US $12.25 Buy It Now 10h 9m
CD DOUBLE ALBUM MUSIC TO WATCH GIRLS BY US $1.59 [0 bids]
Sugar Boy - Watch Her, Whip Her / You Call Everybody Sweetheart - Checker 2nd US $12.88 Buy It Now 10h 17m
KAN MI YOUN - WATCH 1ST MINI ALBUM KOREA CD *SEALED* BABY VOX US $16.99 Buy It Now 10h 52m
THE BAND OF THE BLACK WATCH Bill McCue SCOTLAND US $14.47 Buy It Now 11h 29m
[LP] Trash,Watch Out (RCA Victor ) Ger 1983 US $6.89 Buy It Now 11h 44m
Black Watch - The Innercity Garden Ep (CD EP 2005) US $1.59 [0 bids]
BLUE MINK 7"Single Quackers/Mind if I Stand And Watch You US $11.25 Buy It Now 11h 55m
7L & ESOTERIC Watch Me 12" PS, 7 Tracks Inc Word Association+Can't Come Close US $19.30 Buy It Now 12h
[LP] Manfred Mann's Earth Band,Watch (Bronze) UK 1978 US $12.17 Buy It Now 12h 12m
Major Lazer - Watch out for this (Bumaye) / Bubble Butt - 2 x CD Promos US $16.08 Buy It Now 12h 18m
SUSAN BOYLE-SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME-JAPAN CD DVD LTD BONUS TRACK H75 US $35.99 Buy It Now 12h 26m
ALEXISONFIRE -Watch Out! CD- SEALED - NEW in AUSTRALIA US $10.50 Buy It Now 12h 34m
Exclusive TINASHE Aquarius CD + Bonus Track WATCH ME WORK NEW Pre-release US $17.99 Buy It Now 12h 38m
EMMYLOU HARRIS So Sad To Watch Good Love Go Bad b/w Amarillo STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 55m
Watch Me by Lorrie Morgan (CD, Oct-1992, BNA) US $2.50 Buy It Now 12h 59m
RESQUE Watch Me When I Fall EP 12" single PS France 1992 ex+/ex US $11.25 Buy It Now 13h 18m
AKABU BEATS - WATCH YOURSELF 1984 12" PROMO COPY Rock Records BR 5003 US $7.24 Buy It Now 13h 47m
Smokey Hogg Blues LP U Better Watch That Jive VG-/M- US $14.99 Buy It Now 13h 52m
ABBA_Waterloo_Watch Out_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships frm AUS!_B1b US $10.51 Buy It Now 14h 22m
ABBA: Waterloo / Watch Out 7" 45 NM UK Epic S EPC 2240 US $7.49 Buy It Now 14h 29m
Watch Out Now [US] [Single] by The Beatnuts (CD, May-1999, Relativity (Label) US $0.99 Buy It Now 14h 31m
Computerman No more broken hearts / Watch more television CD Promo Single US $5.38 Buy It Now 14h 50m
Lonely Tourist Sir I am a good man / Watch for the sharks CD Promo Single US $5.38 Buy It Now 14h 55m
EP * THE BOB CREWE GENERATION * "Music To watch Girls By + 3" MINT TAG US $30.00 Buy It Now 15h 25m
MEN'S WATCH 1 GB USB DISK, MP3 TECHNICAL MUSIC, ANALOG CHRONOGRAPH US $49.99 [0 bids]
Watch Me Dance 5021392666129, CD with DVD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H US $22.60 Buy It Now 15h 42m
FRANKIE VALLI - Watch Where You Walk / To Give (The Reason I Live) MINT UNPLAYED US $10.95 Buy It Now 16h 3m
JULIE ANDREWS 45 Someone to Watch Over Me / Star! 20TH CENTURY FOX Promo #591 US $16.00 Buy It Now 16h 16m
THE DOOBIE BROTHERS 45 What a Fool Believes/Don't Stop To Watch The Wheels US $2.22 Buy It Now 16h 16m
Shack 45 IT'S GOOD TO BE CAREFUL / WATCH THE DOG ~ VG++ US $4.99 [0 bids]
Classic Rock ** UNLEASHED ** Ones to watch in 2008 US $11.99 Buy It Now 16h 20m
BRANDI WELLS~WATCH OUT~1981 WMOT BOOGIE FUNK SOUL 12" LP *CLOSE TO NM PROMO* US $5.99 [0 bids]
Lorrrie Morgan - Watch Me US $1.99 Buy It Now 17h 7m
TODDLA T - Watch Me Dance - CD+DVD US $19.24 Buy It Now 17h 7m
BOB CREW GENERATION 45 RPM "Music to Watch Girls By" "Girls on the Rocks" VG US $3.99 Buy It Now 17h 11m
Sugar Boy Watch Her Whip Her/You Call Everybody Sweetheart R&B Vinyl 45 Listen US $14.47 Buy It Now 17h 29m
The Bob Crewe Generation-Music To Watch Girls By-LP-DynoVoice-Shrink-Vinyl US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Bob Crewe Generation-Music To Watch Girls By-LP-Dynovoice-9003-Vinyl Record US $5.99 Buy It Now 17h 49m
** FREDDIE McKAY WATCH YOUR STEP + SO LONG FAREWELL STUDIO ONE AWESOME REVIVE US $18.90 Buy It Now 18h 4m
Weekend Nachos - Watch You Suffer 7 Inch Single [Vinyl New] US $8.96 Buy It Now 18h 10m
Children Of Gaia ?- I Pray To Watch You Bleed US $25.00 Buy It Now 18h 19m
MAJOR WANNY - HAVE TO WATCH SOMETHING /- MEMORIES - TAPPA 7" ~ VG+ US $4.99 [0 bids]
BAJA MARIMBA BAND...WATCH OUT! US $2.99 [0 bids]
V/A - Music To Watch Girls By (UK 38 Tk Double CD Album) US $9.64 Buy It Now 18h 50m
SD's - featuring Sherry Richard - Watch The Clock Parts 1-2 - JB's 173 US $12.95 [0 bids]
MADONNA * MDNA 2012 TOUR PROGRAMME w/ VIP WATCH, BADGE SET & TOTE * BN&M! US $201.23 Buy It Now 19h 14m
LORRIE MORGAN/watch me/ sealed 1992 cd US $8.99 Buy It Now 19h 23m
LIVING DEATH Watch out 12" EP ORIGINAL BRAZIL PRESSING SODOM KREATOR DESTRUCTION US $24.13 [0 bids]
J. DAVID SLOAN "LET THE WHOLE TOWN WATCH/I THOUGHT I'D CALL" 1973 OPRYLAND PS US $8.00 Buy It Now 19h 39m
WEEKEND NACHOS - WATCH YOU SUFFER NEW VINYL US $10.55 Buy It Now 19h 42m
MANFRED MANN'S EARTH BAND "WATCH" 8 Track! Brand New!! Sealed US $5.00 Buy It Now 19h 47m
Watch Them Die Sticker - Doom / Thrash / Crust - Metal / Century Media Records US $0.02 [0 bids]
20h
ICE-T: Freedom of Speech.Just Watch What You Say (Hip Hop & Rap Warner Bros) US $15.00 Buy It Now 20h 13m
Betty Wright ALSTON 4571 Watch Out Love / He's Bad Bad Bad 45rpm US $9.10 Buy It Now 20h 16m
northern soul WADE FLEMONS Watch Over Her VJ M- hear soundclip! US $30.00 Buy It Now 20h 24m
Soul Unplayed NM! 45 ANITA BAKER Watch Your Step on Elektra US $5.00 Buy It Now 20h 28m
WATCH ME , LORIE MORGAN, S/S CASSETTE US $2.99 Buy It Now 20h 29m
ANDY WILLIAMS - MUSIC TO WATCH GIRLS BY // THE FACE I LOVE - VG+VG++ US $3.30 Buy It Now 20h 38m

More places to buy THE WATCH music online Buy THE WATCH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WATCH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WATCH Tracks from the Alps ratings distribution

THE WATCH Tracks from the Alps reviews

Review by Warthur
4 stars I'd felt that on Planet Earth? and Timeless that The Watch had begun, if you'd forgive the pun, to wind down. Their old school Peter Gabriel-era Genesis style was charming enough, but they were hitting diminishing returns with their songwriting process. I'm happy to report that their latest release, Tracks From the Alps, features a reinvigorated sound. With the lineup slightly tweaked with the inclusion of Mattia Rossetti as the new bassist, the band have also tightened up their sound, giving it a somewhat more modern atmosphere whilst retaining the techniques and motifs of classic Genesis and getting back to what they do best - presenting what the pastoral Genesis sound might have ended up like had Genesis themselves never abandoned it.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#1154095) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Review by Aussie-Byrd-Brother
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
3 stars "Where I am is so familiar..."

I'm feeling very conflicted over The Watch, and especially their new album `Tracks from the Alps'. I'd briefly heard the band in the past, but this was the first album of theirs I decided to purchase, and I was very keen to explore their music. Knowing full-well the reputation of this Italian group for being devoted to carrying on in the same style of the classic vintage period of Genesis, I was prepared for little similarities here and there, like many of the Neo bands often do. What I didn't really expect, however, was a band almost merely re-using themes and lazy recreations in the manner of that band. The Watch even cover an early Genesis piece, `Going Out To Get You'. I'm sure some listeners of that beloved defining 70's band will be in rapture at the sheer thought of more music in the same manner. There's certainly plenty of musical talent on display here, but like the above mentioned quote that opens the album, I really wish the band displayed their own ideas more often.

It's disappointing that the band focuses on so many melodies and themes that are virtual recreations of the same ones Genesis offered back in the early 70's. But more annoying is that the tunes here jump around far too much, rarely waiting to extend and develop particular musical ideas, instead assembling a rapid-fire collection of brief passages that overlap. Some of the vocal melodies are bland and unmemorable as well, so much of your attention goes to the varied instrumentation. Despite singer Simone Rossetti frequently being compared to Peter Gabriel, I actually was reminded more of Bernado Lanzetti from Acqua Fragile, who fronted P.F.M for two albums in the mid Seventies. Simone's English is sometimes difficult to hear (I found him much easier to understand in earlier band The Night Watch), so eventually attention wanes, but you always have the instrumental passages to enjoy. I suggest listening on a good pair of headphones to really appreciate all the subtle touches the band has carefully placed in their compositions, and you can pay more attention to the words as well that way.

There is plenty that works very well throughout the album. Overall the lyrics are evocative and lavish with detail, full of drama and fascinating characters (I've yet to properly work out the concept so far, though). There's numerous lovely sections scattered throughout the disc. The `Stand, so still, so tall' passage that closes lead track `A.T.L.A.S' is superb, cloaked in Rossetti's glorious and striking Mellotron. The exciting and racing instrumental passage in the final minutes of `Devil's Bridge' is sublime as well. The ballistic Moog and organ frenzy in the middle of `The Cheating Mountain' is very joyous. Over gently blowing winds, `Once In A Lifetime' has a creeping tip-toeing sadness before adopting a blustery fanfare and regal pomp. Giorgio Gabriel gets a cracking electric guitar run during `The Last Mile', which also delivers a passage full of searing Mellotron over dreamy vocals that is allowed time to properly develop. Despite a few eerie synth moments and some marching drumming, `On Your Own' recalls the pleasant and more straight-forward adult rock of Jadis, and I like this one more because Simone slows down and gives a more relaxed performance, and it's also one of the few tracks on the album that feels like a complete piece, as opposed to little bits seemingly strung together.

I know The Watch also masquerades as a Genesis cover band, but with all the wonderful instrumental skills on offer, as well as Simone Rossetti's rich and vivid lyrics and commanding voice, I really think the band are holding themselves back with such a slavish devotion to Genesis. As much as we all love that band and their pioneering sound, many Neo prog bands (frequently - and unfairly - dismissed as desperate and pathetic worshippers of that classic prog band), such as Arena, Pendragon, Marillion and I.Q all found their own distinctive style, so I really hope The Watch challenge themselves and their followers with something proudly their own sometime soon. Maybe next time?

Three stars - but anyone who doesn't mind a simple `more-of-the-same' Genesis band with no attempts at being truly progressive, add a whole extra star. It's definitely easy to listen to, by no means a bad album, and I'm sure those listeners will absolutely adore `Tracks from the Alps'.

Send comments to Aussie-Byrd-Brother (BETA) | Report this review (#1174777) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 13, 2014

4 stars It hasn't been so many good records yet this year, but perhaps I have just listened to the wrong or too few albums. I continue with the genre Neo-prog, a genre I have had very hard to understand. This record though was totally different. Neo-prog in my opinion use to be too loud and also too med ... (read more)

Report this review (#1286368) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Wednesday, October 01, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars If old groups don't do that anymore, somebody supposed to do it... Let everyone ask yourself: How I would rate this album, if it could be Genesis reunion one? People already would peeing with boiling liquid... But, when it done by The Watch, it's no good. Come on, guys, the goal was to exten ... (read more)

Report this review (#1212694) | Posted by toilet_doctor | Saturday, July 12, 2014 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I find this album impossible to listen to! They do not write songs!! More like a random selection of genesis sounds and progressions with no connecting melody. After the first few minutes i forget what came before it. Just when you think there is going to be a musical hook its gone and you'r ... (read more)

Report this review (#1140901) | Posted by jamesn0800 | Monday, March 03, 2014 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is an excellent new effort from "The Watch". While not as "powerful" as "Vacuum", the group continues to develop their "Gabriel-era Genesis-like" sound which hints at what a Genesis of 2014 might sound like, but definitely unmistakably "The Watch". The track "On Your Own" has some haunting b ... (read more)

Report this review (#1140447) | Posted by chevypanel52 | Sunday, March 02, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The Italian band The Watch are probably the per-eminent prog band to capture the classic Gabriel-era sound of Genesis. While the band tours (Why not Los Angeles) doing covers of Genesis tunes, they write original material that could easily have been lifted from Nursery Cryme. "Tracks From The Alps" ... (read more)

Report this review (#1136585) | Posted by mbzr48 | Monday, February 24, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE WATCH "Tracks from the Alps"