INK

Pervy Perkin Ink album cover

Buy PERVY PERKIN Music
Studio Album, released in 2014

Disc 1
1. Opening Credits (Instrumental) (5:09)
2. Of Echoes and Reflections (12:05)
3. New Dawn (5:41)
4. The Tree in the Sky (Instrumental) (4:47)
5. Peanut Butterfly (Instrumental) (5:34)
6. The End of the Beggining (8:02)
7. Falling from Earth (5:42)
8. Morphosis (26:23)
a. Chapter I
b. Chapter II

Total time 73:23

Disc 2
1. Memories of the Water (11:15)
2. Asleep in a Wormhole (4:15)
3. Shades Under a City Lamppost (Instrumental) (5:53)
4. Far Away Crusade Defending the Colonies of Satellite A.T.L.A.S. (Instrumental) (4:03)
5. 3:11 A.M. (The Crystal Clock) (6:04)
6. S!urm (8:08)
7. T.I.M.E. (Part 3: The Sign on the Wall) (20:54)
a. Dear Francesca
b. Disrupted
c. The Decision
d. On an Inner Kind / Voices
e.The Time
f. What Lurks in a Mind
g. The Decision II
h. Coming... Home?
8. Epilogue (Instrumental) (3:52)

Total time 64:24

- Alvaro Luis / guitar, bass
- Alex Macho / main vocals
- Ugo Fellone / keys, acoustic guitar

Self-released 03 March 2014, double CD and digital

All music by Pervy Perkin.

Mixed and mastered by David de la Fuente in Robin Groove Studios.

Thanks to aapatsos for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

PERVY PERKIN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PERVY PERKIN Ink Music

More places to buy PERVY PERKIN music online Buy PERVY PERKIN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PERVY PERKIN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PERVY PERKIN Ink ratings distribution

PERVY PERKIN Ink reviews

Review by rdtprog
COLLABORATOR Heavy Prog Team
5 stars How can I describe my feelings after listening three times to this monumental 2 hours of music by this band coming from nowhere and playing progressive metal that shows influences of Dream Theater in many places, but also Opeth, Enrico Morricone , Deep Purple, Therion in specific passages, because the band let his music take many twists, turnarounds and styles that include a spice of Jazz, Reggae, symphonic with opera voices, soundtrack music and techno with ambient sounds. There are plenty of voices nuances with male and female vocals; sometimes it's not very enjoyable for the ears, but that is expected in the metal genre. But what is the most impressive instrumental performance as the musicianship goes, is the work of the guitars, which goes from gentle acoustic and classical sound to heavier tones that are sometimes very original. The songs structures brings many rhythms changes, stop and go that make it's impossible to predict in what style the song will go. Sometimes, I had the impression that I was listening to many bands with this 2 hours of music, because the songs have different atmosphere and not only many twists in the same song, like the two epics of 20 minutes. If the guitars are dominant here, there are some nice keyboards breaks that could have been more exploited here, and in a couple of very inspirational passages I would have prefer to see the band stretch it out a bit longer. Like I said earlier, the vocals are diverse, from clean to death with a bit of narration, but not too present to let some long instrumental breaks shine throughout the CD. The diversity of the style of progressive metal and the diversity of atmosphere we have here makes these 2 hours of music enjoyable from start to finish. From the aggression of the metal, through the retro sound of the classical rock to the modern and ambient sounds, the listener goes to a long journey full of surprises along the way. This is the best free digital release you can find...

Send comments to rdtprog (BETA) | Report this review (#1178002) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 22, 2014

5 stars As a frequent listener of this kind of new progressive stuff , and the wave of many bands coming out, I only have to say that this band and INK has blew my mind. In first place the album grows with every listen and makes you understand it as a whole, it feels very natural despite of the lengt ... (read more)

Report this review (#1199983) | Posted by CoconutStrike | Monday, June 30, 2014 | Review Permanlink

2 stars "Ah, the shotgun approach!" [i pictured Jeff Goldblum saying those words for some reason.] Bands take many approaches to constructing and building albums. Some can be equated to being laser focused, like a sniper dropping a target at 600 yards out. They are solid with their concept, experience, ... (read more)

Report this review (#1195716) | Posted by buddyblueyes | Wednesday, June 18, 2014 | Review Permanlink

1 stars In my opinion these album and group are overrated. If this would have been the first technical prog metal album...ok a good album. But....there have been before masterpieces of this kind of prog metal... We can remember Dream Theater in ...degrees of...or Symphony X,or Zero Hour.,Andromeda, ... (read more)

Report this review (#1195529) | Posted by robbob | Wednesday, June 18, 2014 | Review Permanlink

4 stars In the beginnings of prog everybody tried to outdo each other. Then, a backlash set in. Now, it's renaissance of excess. A debut album already a conceptual double disk affair loaded with epics. Don't be fooled by the opening songs into thinking this is some sort of Dreamtheater/Rhapsody hybrid - ... (read more)

Report this review (#1195061) | Posted by Progrussia | Tuesday, June 17, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars It's not often that I come across an album of this length and can listen to it all the way through without getting bored. This is one of the very few that stay interesting and fascinating from beginning to end for a duration of 2 hours and almost 18 minutes. I suppose it's not often that you co ... (read more)

Report this review (#1178491) | Posted by npjnpj | Friday, May 23, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I feel very happy when I surf the internet looking for some new exciting unknown bands, and I find records like this. Oh my god. Powerful, epic and anthemic, Pervy Perkin's Ink is a masterpiece, and it should be regarded as that. From the very moment i found this band, i had the feeling that they ... (read more)

Report this review (#1177699) | Posted by MercuryLighthouse | Tuesday, May 20, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Wonderful album, more than two hours of stunning music that have passed as if they were a few minutes. A concept album divided by two parts: BOOK OF EQUINOX and BOOK OF SOLSTICE. You can download it for free on Bandcamp. Lyrics: http://pervyperkin.wordpress.com/ink_lyrics/ BOOK OF EQUINOX has ... (read more)

Report this review (#1176659) | Posted by luiz4vn | Sunday, May 18, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Ink is a phenomenal debut album, specially considering this is such a young band. The sound of Pervy Perkin is a direct heritage of the bands that inspired them to be musicians, so that's what you're gonna find, basically. But in this two hours plus monster there's an interesting mixture of modern c ... (read more)

Report this review (#1176571) | Posted by Vikernest777 | Sunday, May 18, 2014 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This new rookie album from Pervy Perkins entitled "Ink" is quite the tour de force. An amazing first effort. The bio says Ink was two years in the making and it shows. The sheer amount of sounds, instruments, vocals, and genre styles is very cool. Sometimes a two disc set gets old and repetiti ... (read more)

Report this review (#1176319) | Posted by OneOpinion | Saturday, May 17, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Ink is a lengthy double CD with over two hours of music, a colossal work full of progressive melodies leaning towards metal that characterises the sound of this disciplined and efficient group. The album, which has undergone almost two years of hard work, is divided into two parts: Book o ... (read more)

Report this review (#1176088) | Posted by charles666 | Saturday, May 17, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album was a real surprise when I heard it. Powerful, technical and melodic, I think that this band is, no doubt, the future of Spanish progressive metal. The only problems are the mixing/mastering (good but not great) and the duration (even when I like long albums and I like how this one ... (read more)

Report this review (#1176069) | Posted by Manzanetti | Saturday, May 17, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PERVY PERKIN "Ink"