HEAVENLY BODIES

Bill Bruford's Earthworks

Bill Bruford's Earthworks Heavenly Bodies album cover

Buy BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1997

1. Stromboli Kicks (5:32)
2. Making A Song And Dance (5:51)
3. Up North (5:24)
4. Candles Still Flicker In Romania's Dark (4:34)
5. Pigalle (7:20)
6. My Hear Declares A Holiday (4:37)
7. Temple Of The Winds (5:01)
8. Nerve (5:50)
9. Gentle Persuasion (4:21)
10. It Needn't End In Tears (5:08)
11. Libreville (6:13)
12. Dancing On Frith Street (4:18)
13. Bridge Of Inhibition (4:15)

Search BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS Heavenly Bodies lyrics

- Tim Harries / acoustic & electric bass, all trucks except:
- Mick Hutton / acoustic bass, tracks 2, 3, 6, 10, 13

CD: Virgin Records Ltd., CDVE 934

and to Eetu Pellonpää for the last updates

BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS Heavenly Bodies Music

Footloose And Fancy FreeFootloose And Fancy Free
Summerfold 2011
EarthworksEarthworks
Summerfold 2011
Super Rare Test Pressing Bill Bruford's Earthworks 1987 Editions EG C/VG+, V/NM US $19.95 Buy It Now 18h 20m
All Heaven Broke Loose Bill Bruford's Earthworks [2005 remastered CD] US $8.99 [0 bids]
BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS Dig? LP US $19.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Bill Bruford's Earthworks Video Anthology Vol.1 The 2000s DVD NEW! 50% OFF US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Bill Bruford's Earthworks Video Anthology Vol.2 The 1990s DVD NEW! 50% OFF US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS - RANDOM ACTS OF HAPPINESS (NEW & SEALED) CD Jazz US $8.29 Buy It Now 3 days
Sound of Surprise by Bill Bruford's Earthworks US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Bill Bruford's Earthworks - Dig ? Chrome Cr02 Cassette ©1989 Editions EG US $23.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Random Acts of Happiness by Bill Bruford's Earthworks (CD) US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dig? by Bill Bruford/Bill Bruford's Earthworks (CD) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Earthworks BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS CD UK 604388637720 Summerfold new US $15.17 [0 bids]
Bill Bruford Bill Bruford's Earthworks vinyl LP album record USA EGED48 US $17.35 Buy It Now 5 days
Dig? by Bill Bruford/Bill Bruford's Earthworks (CD, Jun-2005, 2 Discs, United... US $12.20 Buy It Now 6 days
Introduction to Summerfold by Bill Bruford/Bill Bruford's Earthworks (CD,... US $8.09 Buy It Now 6 days
Bill Bruford's Earthworks - Sound of Surprise CD New King Crimson US $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS All Heaven Broke Loose 10 track CD SEALED US $13.20 Buy It Now 9 days
BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS Dig! 10 track CD SEALED US $13.20 Buy It Now 9 days
BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS Live: Stomping Ground 10 track 2 CD SEALED US $13.20 Buy It Now 9 days
Bill Bruford's Earthworks Ft. Tim Garland Random Acts Of Happiness CD NEW SEALED US $8.29 Buy It Now 10 days
BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS - RANDOM ACTS OF HAPPINESS US $10.21 Buy It Now 12 days
Bill Bruford's Earthworks - A Part & Yet Apart (CD)- BBSF003CD US $16.59 Buy It Now 12 days
Bill Bruford's Earthworks - The Sound Of Surprise (CD)- BBSF004CD US $16.59 Buy It Now 12 days
Bill Bruford's Earthworks - Earthworks (CD) - BBSF009CD US $16.59 Buy It Now 12 days
Bill Bruford's Earthworks - Dig (CD) - BBSF010CD US $16.59 Buy It Now 12 days
Bill Bruford's Earthworks - All Heaven Broke Loose (CD)- BBSF011CD US $16.59 Buy It Now 12 days
Bill Bruford's Earthworks - Stamping Ground (CD) - BBSF012CD US $16.59 Buy It Now 12 days
Bill Bruford's Earthworks - Earthworks Underground (CD) - BBSF013CD US $16.59 Buy It Now 12 days
Bill Bruford's Earthworks ?- Dig? LP EGED 60 US $29.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Bill Bruford's Earthworks - Earthworks LP UK 1987 US $13.99 Buy It Now 16 days
BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS**FOOTLOOSE & FANCY FREE**2 CD US $18.27 Buy It Now 22 days
Bill Bruford's Earthworks Import CD Japan 9 Tracks Yes RARE US $16.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Bill Bruford's Earthworks - Stamping Ground (CD, Jun-1994, Venture) **ORIGINAL** US $11.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Bill Bruford's Earthworks CD NEW SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Bill Bruford's Earthworks Video Antho - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $23.63 Buy It Now 24 days
Bill Bruford's Earthworks-Stamping Ground (Live CD) US $9.99 Buy It Now 25 days
BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS, DIG? /YES SOLO/ LP 1989 UK 1ST PRESS A1/B1 EX-/EX/EX US $14.10 Buy It Now 25 days
Bill Bruford's Earthworks LP EQ EDITIONS Django Bates Iain Ballamy Mick Hutton US $9.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Bill Bruford * All Heaven Broke Loose * Bill Bruford's Earthworks (CD,... US $12.95 Buy It Now 26 days
BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS Dig? LP NM- US $19.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Bill Bruford-Bill Bruford's Earthworks LP-EDITIONS EG LABEL-RARE VINYL!!!!!!!!!! US $16.59 Buy It Now 27 days
Bill Bruford's Earthworks LP Record Grade M- Excellent US $44.00 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS music online Buy BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS Heavenly Bodies ratings distribution

BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS Heavenly Bodies reviews

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars Referring to a recent discussion on Earthworks, I too would welcome more reviews, and knowing that there are some fans here, it's kinda sad to say that I (as the first rater of Heavenly Bodies) am not one of them. I've had this compilation for two and a half years but probably have listened to it less than seven times. I enjoy contemporary jazz in general. I would enjoy this just fine if there weren't some extremely irritating tracks with electric drums. Quite a false move from one of the best drummers in the world, I think. But naturally in most tracks the percussion is excellent; not so much in a lead role as the group's name could suggest. Earthworks' music is very much a team work and also the compositions are usually by Bellamy (sax) /Bates (keys, horn) /Bruford together. And I'm pretty sure Bruford is the least of a composer of them: I like Bellamy's or Bates' solo compositions the best.

My latest listening did raise this CD up a bit in my scales. I didn't remember it's just a few tracks I don't like; I thought it was overall milder, colder, theoretic- sounding, 'less jazzy', but happily I was wrong about that. This is good modern jazz from England (which as a jazz country has always been far behind from the States). But nothing VERY special really, in my opinion. I prefer some Nordic (especially Norwegian) and continental jazz as more atmosperic and personal.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#45985) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 08, 2005

Review by Gatot
2 stars Having been satisfied with "Sound of Surprise" album, I spun this compilation album expecting something similar. I have already owned this CD for many years and I rarely spin the CD because I thought it was just too jazzy. Since I'm now in the right mood for jazz, I try to spin it again. Oh .. it's totally different with "Sound of Surprise" album. This one has more electric drumming as far as Bill's share for the music and unfortunately I cannot differentiate the unique sounds of Bill's drumming. This album is for me lack of harmony and melody if I don't want to call it as bad or poor album. Oh yes, there are some interesting jazzy saxophone but at the end they do not deliver good harmony and the music do not sound like having a cohesive structure.

I don't think I'm in a position to recommend you to buy this CD as I myself cannot easily enjoy the music this album offers. It might fit to those die hard fans of jazz music. The electric drumming sounds are annoying to my ears, really. I leve it up to you to justify your spending on this CD .. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#96046) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 28, 2006

Post a review of BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS "Heavenly Bodies"