SOMEWHERE I'VE NEVER TRAVELLED

Good, but non-essential

Buy AMBROSIA Music
Studio Album, released in 1976

1. And (0:46)
2. Somewhere I've Never Travelled (4:12)
3. Cowboy Star (6:24)
4. Runnin' Away (3:31)
5. Harvey (1:29)
6. I Wanna Know (6:02)
7. The Brunt (5:29)
8. Danse With Me George (Chopin's Plea) (7:51)
9. Can't Let a Woman (4:24)
10. We Need You Too (5:33)

Search AMBROSIA Somewhere I've Never Travelled lyrics

Search AMBROSIA Somewhere I've Never Travelled tabs

- Joe Puerta / bass, Moog pedals, guitar on "Harvey", vocals
- David Pack / guitars, string ensemble, Rhodes on "George", vocals
- Christopher North / acoustic and electric keyboards, vocals
- Burleigh Drummond / drums, percussion, bassoon, vocals

Warner Brothers #47566

AMBROSIA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AMBROSIA Somewhere I've Never Travelled Music

AnthologyAnthology
Warner Off Roster 1997
Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled (2 LP's on 2 CD's/Remastered/Limited Edition)Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled (2 LP's on 2 CD's/Remastered/Limited Edition)
Limited Edition · Remastered
Friday Music 2012
Ambrosia - The EssentialsAmbrosia - The Essentials
Remastered · Import
Wea International 2006
Life Beyond L.A.: The Deluxe Edition (2xCD)Life Beyond L.A.: The Deluxe Edition (2xCD)
Friday Music 2013
One EightyOne Eighty
Rock Candy 2014
Road IslandRoad Island
Rock Candy 2014
ARTHUR (OST) Soundtrack Ft BURT BACHARACH Ambrosia WB 1981 FREE UK POST US $12.46 Buy It Now 4h 14m
AMBROSIA - HOW CAN YOU LOVE ME - 7" PICTURE DISC US $6.54 Buy It Now 6h 46m
Life Beyond L.A. - Ambrosia - Warner BSK-3135 US $8.99 Buy It Now 8h 17m
AMBROSIA-BIGGEST PART OF ME-45 RPM WARNER BROTHERS-MINT CONDITION US $1.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia, Life Beyond LA, Album,1978 Warner Bros Records LP,Vinyl, Angola US $13.99 Buy It Now 10h 27m
Lot of 2 The Doobie Brothers Black Water & Ambrosia Warner Bros 45 RPM Records US $3.48 Buy It Now 11h 55m
AMBROSIA: You're The Only Woman (You & I) / Shape I'm In |45| Ships WORLDWIDE! US $1.95 Buy It Now 12h 42m
Ambrosia - Ambrosia (CD, Feb-2000, Warner Bros.) US $5.38 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA HOLDIN' ON TO YESTERDAY/MAKE US ALL AWARE 45 US $4.98 Buy It Now 14h 30m
AMBROSIA - ONE EIGHTY - VG++ WARNER BROS RECORD 1980 US $7.00 Buy It Now 14h 31m
Ambrosia WBros LP 1982 Ralph Steadman US $12.00 Buy It Now 15h 3m
Ambrosia - Self Titled lp US $6.99 Buy It Now 15h 5m
AMBROSIA life beyond LA Lp RECORD 1978 US $7.99 Buy It Now 16h 16m
Ambrosia/ Warner Brothers BSK-3181/ Near Mint US $4.95 [0 bids]
45 RPM Vinyl Ambrosia Biggest Part Of Me Livin' On My Own Warner Bros US $5.50 Buy It Now 16h 49m
AMBROSIA~BIGGEST PART OF ME b/w LIVIN' ON MY OWN~1980~7" 45 RPM~SOFT ROCK~WB US $1.99 [0 bids]
70's/80's Record collection 45 RPM AMBROSIA lot -5 Records US $5.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA BRASS BAND Walking Through the Streets of the City Mint Jazz LP US $11.99 Buy It Now 21h 20m
Ambrosia - Life Beyond L. A. - Very nice E+ LP US $6.00 Buy It Now 22h 37m
SEALED 12"~UNSPOKEN DREAM~Ambrosia~[7:18]~Plasma~[8:34]~[1999 DANGER HIGH VOLTAG US $14.90 Buy It Now 23h 15m
AMBROSIA SHAPE I'M IN 1980 45 RPM WARNER BROS. WBS49508 US $2.98 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA**LIFE BEYOND L.A.**2 CD SET US $21.95 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA One Eighty LP VG+ WB 1980 US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA - ANTHOLOGY [AMBROSIA] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $4.78 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA - HOW MUCH I FEEL AND OTHER HITS [090431848623] - NEW CD US $6.95 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA - ROAD ISLAND - 1982 ORIG. EX/VG+ Shrink VINYL & COVER US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Excellent 1976 Progressive Rock LP - AMBROSIA " 1st Self Titled LP" 20th Century US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia / How Much I Feel (1978) / Vinyl Single US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia/Life Beyond L.A./Warner Bros. BSK 3135/Vinyl LP/VG++ US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA-ROAD ISLAND NEW SEALED WARNER BROS BSK 3638 rock vinyl LP US $11.98 Buy It Now 1 day
MEAT LOAF Ambrosia Rare USA 1978 RADIO SHOW 12" VINYL rock around US $32.76 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA "BIGGEST PART OF ME" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA "HOW MUCH I FEEL" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA "YOU'RE THE ONLY WOMAN (YOU & I)" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA 1976 7" RECORD FROM SPAIN Never Played US $2.00 [0 bids]
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Cryin' In the Rain on Warner Bros. US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Holdin' On To Yesterday on 20th Century US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Livin' On My Own on Warner Bros. US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Magical Mystery Tour on 20th Century US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Shape I'm In on Warner Bros. US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Still Not Satisfied on Warner Bros. US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
All This and World War II vinyl 2x LP BOX w/BOOK BEATLES Bee Gees AMBROSIA US $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
AUCTION FIND! AMBROSIA One Eighty LP Record Album EX/NM US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - Life Beyond L.A. Nautilus NR 23 Half Speed Mastered LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
ERLAND KRAUSER: Ambrosia (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
? Ambrosia - Life Beyond L.A. (W.B.) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
? Ambrosia - One Eighty (W.B.) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia-Somewhere I've Never Travelled 1976 T-510 1st Press Pyramid Cover EX/EX US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - One Eighty [Remaster] (CD, 1992, Warner Bros., Japan w/OBI) US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - Road Island (CD, 1999, Warner Bros., Japan w/OBI) UPC #4943674010103 US $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - Somewhere I've Never Travelled [Remaster] (CD, 1978/2000, Warner, US) US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - Magical Mystery Tour/Cowboy Star, 20th Century TC 2327 45 rpm single US $4.75 [0 bids]
7"-Single AMBROSIA - Biggest Part Of Me (1980) PS US $6.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - Holdin' On to Yesterday/Make Us All Aware, 20th Centur 45 rpm single US $4.75 [0 bids]
Ambrosia - Toad Island (Warner Bro BSK 3638) LP vinyl US $5.75 [0 bids]
Ambrosia - Somewhere I've Never Travelled (20th Century T-510) LP vinyl US $5.75 [0 bids]
Ambrosia promo 45 rpm "Biggest Part Of Me" on Warner Bros. US $2.00 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA - One Eighty (LP, 1980) Very Good+ US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
record/Vinyl/Ambrosia/Life beyond LA US $3.99 [0 bids]
Record/Vinyl/Ambrosia/somewhere ive never travelled US $4.99 [0 bids]
Holdin On To Yesterday - Make Us All Aware Ambrosia 20th Century TC 2207 US $2.97 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA 8 TRACK TAPE Life Beyond L.A. ~ TESTED nw pad & splice US $6.39 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND LA - WARNER BROS. RECORDS LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia Life beyond L.A. 1978 8 track tape cassette cartridge music US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA BRASS BAND - WALKING THROUGH THE STREETS OF THE CITY - NEW CD US $11.08 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA~ Promo~ Self Titled LP US $17.97 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia Anthology Sealed New Indonesia Cassette US $8.98 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA life beyond l.a. LP 10 track with inner (k56525) uk warner bros 1978 US $8.69 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA ONE EIGHTY CD 1980 JAPANESE IMPORT WARNER BROS RELEASE US $29.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia - How Can You Love Me - 7" Pic Disc MINT US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA LP ALBUM LIFE BEYOND LA US $4.90 [0 bids]
Ambrosia How Much I Feel New 45 Same Song Both Sides Low S & H US $4.00 [0 bids]
Ambrosia Side One Your The Only Woman Side Two How Much I Feel Low S US $4.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA Biggest Part Of Me VG 45 RPM US $0.01 [0 bids]
David Pack - Anywhere You Go (1985) CD, Oct-2006, Wounded Bird, Ambrosia US $20.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA: Biggest Part Of Me/You're The Only Woman (You & I) (45) - Back To Back US $4.95 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA: How Much Can You Love Me / Still Not Satisfied (45) Ships WORLDWIDE! US $3.95 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA: How Much I Feel / Holdin' On To Yesterday (WB, 45) Ships WORLDWIDE! US $4.95 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA: Magical Mystery Tour / Cowboy Star (20th Century, 45) Ships WORLDWIDE! US $5.95 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND L.A. WB 1978 US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA - LIVIN' ON MY OWN / BIGGEST PART OF ME 45 RECORD US $2.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA 'ROAD ISLAND' AOR NEW REMASTERED ROCK CANDY 2014 NEW SEALED! US $16.37 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA 'ONE EIGHTY' AOR NEW REMASTERED ROCK CANDY 2014 NEW SEALED! US $16.37 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA One Eighty 1980 LP Record RARE US $9.66 Buy It Now 2 days
"AMBROSIA" LIFE BEYOND L.A. RARE LP WARNER BROSS sleeve with Lyrics US $9.71 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA "Life Beyond L.A." LP BSK 3135 CANADA US $1.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA, ONE EIGHTY, LP VINYL RECORD US $1.99 [0 bids]
The Essentials by Ambrosia (CD, Jun-2002, Warner Bros.) US $17.50 Buy It Now 2 days
VG+ AMBROSIA BIGGEST PART OF ME/LIVIN' ON MY OWN 1980 45 RPM WARNER WBS-49225 US $2.98 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND LA NAUTILUS NR 23 SUPERDISCS LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. LP US $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA Road Island LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia Elton John Firefall Neil Diamond 4LP Lot 3 NM Shrink 1st Press See Pics US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND LA - WARNER BROS. RECORDS LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 3 days
TIME LIFE Singers & Songwriters 1980-1982 Various Artists 2CD 80s Ambrosia US $21.56 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA-LIFE BEYOND L.A.-LP-VINYL-PROMO-FACTORY SEALED-NEW!!! US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND LA 1978 WARNER BROS 3135W/SHRINK EXMT/EX US $6.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia Holdin' On To Yesterday Make Us All Aware Excellent Cond 45 US $4.50 Buy It Now 3 days
45 RECORD AMBROSIA- BIGGEST PART OF ME US $0.99 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA self-titled 1975 UK 20TH CENTURY STEREO LP US $16.39 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy AMBROSIA music online Buy AMBROSIA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AMBROSIA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AMBROSIA Somewhere I've Never Travelled ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(19%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(33%)

AMBROSIA Somewhere I've Never Travelled reviews

Review by Trotsky
2 stars For a few years, I kept reading reviews that gushed about the classy progressive-pop music of US quartet Ambrosia, and thus I was pretty excited when my cousin presented me with this album two years ago. It was an enormous disappointment and I still shake my head with disbelief whenever I read about how great Ambrosia (or this album at least) is supposed to be.

One thing I won't dispute is the band members are consummate musicians. However, instead of being musicians with real character like one would expect from a prog band, these guys sound like sessionists for some sort of soft-rock band. I really don't think much of the songwriting or the sound (which is something like a much watered down version of early Utopia and mid-period Styx). Keyboardist Christopher North probably provides most of the exciting moments here, but even that is mainly in the form of a few flourishes that accompany a verse, rather than a solo or a lead melodic line.

The only aspects of this album that interest me are the outro of the title track, I Wanna Know (which has a very nice intro and an unusual guitar solo but is still not that far away from territory covered by The Eagles or even Survivor), the Todd-Rundgren influenced ballad We Need You Too (and it ain't prog neither!) and what is probably the album's centerpiece Danse With Me, George, a lengthy affair with a few diverse sub-sections that is nonetheless quite flawed.

Even other songs that help qualify this album for prog status such as percussion-heavy The Brunt and Cowboy Star (which has orchestral interludes that are inferior to most other prog attempts at orchestration ... I do believe I heard Bonanza's theme song in there at one point!) are downright annoying.

The vast majority of this album sounds like aimless soft-rock. Think of Bread, England Dan and John Ford Coley, Dan Hill and a few others of that ilk. Now imagine one of their ballads ... take away the main tune ... double the track length ... throw in a few pretty frills ... That's what I hear when I hear Ambrosia. I still can't believe its lofty reputation. ... 25% on the MPV scale

Send comments to Trotsky (BETA) | Report this review (#28254) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 18, 2005

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars At most three stars but more likely 2,5 in my book!! Yes Tony!! We never seem to agree on anything but giving this five stars is really criminal and inducing prospective progheads in erroe and misleading them greatly.

Ambrosia's debut had its charm with its Steely Dan-ish (no pun Tony) classical arrangements but here we go over the top. Alan Parsons did a masterful job with the sound of this album but never managed to save it from sickly sentimentality!! The overall meddling of the string philarmonic orchestra with rock tunes written by a group, was always a difficult task that only Procol Harum's Gary Brooker managed correctly but here we have the best example of failure along with Wakeman's Journey To The Center Of The Earth. And the resulting album we are talking about here would be almost laughable if the musicianship was not good. Sure Parsons makes a good production job, but he could not avoid the disastrous songwriting , however ambitious it was. Kitsch and pompous are the best words I can think of when I talk of this album.

This is recommended only to ulta-symphonic fans that enjoyed Parsons 's Tales of E A Poe but that was MUCH superior to this album. And then Ambrosia will turn even uglier siging soft rock tunes aimed at commercial radio from the following album on.

Best Avoided!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The next albums also!

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#28255) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 25, 2005

Review by ClemofNazareth
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk Researcher
2 stars The second effort from Ambrosia is nowhere near as ambitious or creative as their debut, saved mostly by the undeniably superb musicianship of the individual players and Alan Parsons’ technical proficiency in the studio. That said, this is not particularly progressive music, more like simply very well-played and stylish pop, much in the vein of 10CC, Toto, or even Kate Bush.

Ambrosia were never really considered to be a progressive band back in their heyday, at least not in the circles I hung out in. They were skilled musicians, and their music stood out on the radio for its creative and grandiose keyboard arrangements, melodic guitar, and David Pack’s distinctive and easy-to-listen-to vocals. But the lyrics are rather trite for the most part, and there are so many nuances that remind you of other bands that it’s hard not to notice the many resemblances. “Runnin’ Away” for example, brings to mind England Dan & John Ford Coley, and even America a little bit. “Harvey” could have been a Jim Croce tune, and I suspect some people who heard it back then probably thought it was, with its strumming acoustic guitar and slightly pretentious ‘thinking mans’ lyrics.

“I Wanna’ Know” has some strikingly Eagles-like guitar work and bare-chested vocals, and “The Brunt” blends the brassy sounds of Chicago with street recordings, cowbell, and a closing vocal track that wouldn’t have sounded odd coming out of John Elephante’s mouth.

Even the most interesting track on the album (“Danse With Me George”) can’t escape comparisons, from Eric Carmen to John Hall, this despite the excellent Chopin-inspired piano passages that give some life to the work.

Speaking of John Hall, “Can’t Let a Woman” is a dead-ringer for half of the stuff Orleans did in the 70s. And “We Need You Too” could have been an early Elton John tune were it not for Pack’s instantly recognizable vocals.

The only noteworthy tracks here are “Cowboy Star”, where the spoken-word passages and string arrangements hearken back to the Moody Blues but sound just about as good as some of that band’s better works anyway; and the title track which is purely Ambrosia, but still doesn’t break any new musical ground.

Technically this is outstanding musicianship, but then again so were most of Toto’s albums. Neither band really moved into progressive territory at any point in their careers, and neither really pushed themselves to achieve even though they had the consummate talent to do so. This is a decent album, probably even good, and I should probably give it three stars for that. But these guys have proved time and again in their other side projects and collaborations with musicians throughout the business that they have the aptitude for producing stunning work. This just isn’t that work. Two stars.

peace

Send comments to ClemofNazareth (BETA) | Report this review (#103296) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 15, 2006

Review by ProgShine
COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions and Crossover Team
4 stars 01. And . A small pretty introduction with chimes, and vocal what remind of me a lot of Beach Boys, a small sample from what it will come.

02. Somewhere I've Never Travelled The vocal of the band are an important distinction, which unfortunately I did not manage to think really who sings in which music, since the credits are somewhat generic. Joe Puerta in the bass is an enchantment, I am not wrong that he played with the The Alan itself Parsons Project during years and after with Bruce Hornsby too. At several moments in this track (and in the whole album) the band mixes pop with psicodelia and the progressive thing, a must. Still more for an American band, since the USA had never tradition in directions of the type. Beautiful keyboards in the end of the song.

03. Cowboy Star This one already begins Space to give emphasis to the title, the narration of the beginning gives a brilliant touch to song that gradually is increasing and takes life in order that a song enters modern - renascentista. A luxury! Since in a lot of discs prog pop of the type to guitar is somewhat relegated, but be taken into account that she does not do tom-tom lack while we hear the disc, then be completely well! Does the second part already begin orchestral and what I would call a banjo (???) send us certainly to a cartoon, (laughters) remember a little the commercial of the Marlboro also. Without words. Come for the world of Marlboro! (it excuses people I did not hold out, and I do nor smoke laughters). The turn is still more exciting.

04. Runnin ' Away The introduction of guitar is lovely, and the song also, it is of that what are exciting, of that what you hear again without an apparent motive. The vocal ones of the refrain in healthy falsetto enchanting. The vocalizations of the band are without shadow of doubt without equal, I say and repeat, it is that that I miss. The vocal ones of the directions 70's.

05. Harvey Vocal many people of the band (because I could realize all they sing) are without shadow of doubts a find. Harvey is enchanting, of voice and guitar, with Q of nostalgia, I do not know because reason reminds of me of Forret Gump the movie (marvellous movie), a short music too much, the only one however.

06. I Wanna Know It would beat the front, orchestrated and rhythmical guitars, I go down pulsante, almost a groove, up to the entry of the violin, which gives a different touch so that then the orchestra comes to the surface and so that it is weighed and which reminds of me a lot of The Alan Parsons Project. The metal gives a touch 60's, I halve soul. And to vary the refrain is an enchantment with the sensational vocal thing, so much in melody how much in insignia. It has a beautiful ground of guitar with an unusual insignia.

07. The Brunt Total, Progressive Space, already begins detonating, conventions of keyboards, battery and bass. Vocal epic poets with tone of cartoon (it does not trim with it), and I am not wrong a xylophone it permeates the song also. Again does the metal give a touch without equal, and the following orchestration shows that the band had to be more recognized, which is the whistles orchestrates, confusion and travel? Without equal. Soon percussões unusual and vocal I eat in a ceremony, revolt of people, meeting, market, have no idea what!? This song is sensational.

08. Danse With Me George (Chopin's Plea) A beauty of music, of that to stand up, sacodir the dust and to dance, to be set free. A madness divertidíssima, with beautiful pianos and arrangements. After a beauty doidera and vocalizations turn that you would calm and violins, the disc in general has the best orchestrations. Without equal the orchestrated parts.

09. Can't Let A Woman To more ' Rock ' of the disc, a legal riff to pack a great song. With a great ground that I believe to be of keyboard (laughters), but the distinction again goes for bass, which along the whole disc walks in almost incredible versatility.

10. We Need You Too Piano in the introduction, a vocal lovely melody. A few keyboards a lot of fodas, eating I set orchestra free, faces of Ambrosia and also they knew Alan Parsons very well what they were doing.

Because I read the band it was very known in the USA in the middle of the 70 years up to the beginning of the 80 (phase in which it was in the active service), but it is a pity not sar more known, it seems that there are some years they went on a trip again (like most of the directions of the 70 years), but not with the same formation.

Send comments to ProgShine (BETA) | Report this review (#192597) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars Their first album is considered to be the most progressive and I rated this one with two stars, because I couldn't really a lot of "prog relation" with the music from this work. Orchestrations are killing my enthusiasm which was already very low for this album.

When you have listened to such a song as "Runnin' Away", my only intention is indeed to run away. And it is not the country style "Harvey" that would convince me to like this album. It is best recommended to do a double "press next" while reaching these two songs.

At times, the music reminds me some "Chicago" stuff. Not my cup of tea at all. As their first effort, I can only consider this as basic US rock music; with a syrupy angle ("The Brunt"). Gosh! Songs as "I Wanna Know » or "Can't Let a Woman" just leave me pretty cold, without any interest.

The only decent song is the "10CC" oriented "Danse With Me George". It is the longest one of the album and theme changes are pleasantly filling the eight minutes of this track. Lot's of piano and classic oriented passages (it is also called "Chopin's Plea"). This is a song full of extravaganza and decadence. I quite like it. It is by far the most (if not the only) interesting piece of music even if some orchestration and marimba don't add anything great to the whole.

To summarize my view about this album, I would just tell that IMHHO, it is a complete waste of time to listen to it. Prog is totally alien (except for "Danse?"). You'd better ignore this album.

One star.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#307281) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 29, 2010

3 stars I like this album. Harmonies are definitely the bands strong suit, but this album shows them pushing their sound as far as they can before the pull in the reins on Warner Bros. This album does sound like a typical Alan Parsons Project (get it) - his sonic fingerprints are all over this album. ... (read more)

Report this review (#1133614) | Posted by Suedevanshoe | Tuesday, February 18, 2014 | Review Permanlink

2 stars The secound studio album from AMBROSIA was to me a great deception in all of senses, first by the addition of some orchestral moments that daze the band by the fact which this orchestral arrangements is several moments becomes the main melody ( im my opinion they must be the complement or sim ... (read more)

Report this review (#1077568) | Posted by maryes | Saturday, November 16, 2013 | Review Permanlink

2 stars After listening to the wonderful initial release AMBROSIA, that these gentlemen put out I was eagerly anticipated finding this one and spinning it. Hmmm....I think the dreaded "pop" gene slipped into the group VERY quickly in their career. This just doesn't have the excitement or weirdness or progne ... (read more)

Report this review (#749428) | Posted by mohaveman | Saturday, May 05, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars In Ambrosia's second release, we already see the decline of music quality and for the most part, their departure from really great progressive music. It really is a shame that they were striving more for commercialism in this album, because, if they had followed in the greatness of their debu ... (read more)

Report this review (#265972) | Posted by TCat | Saturday, February 13, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album is the middle of the three "good" Ambrosia albums. In some ways it surpasses the first, but there's also a little bit of unevenness here so overall it isn't as strong. The short introduction of "And", segueing into the title track, makes a promising start. "Cowboy Star" is a look into ... (read more)

Report this review (#110371) | Posted by rsmoore | Friday, February 02, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars While not heavily progressive, Ambrosia had a definitely proggy attitude. One of those bands who successfully combined poppish melodies with unusual arrangements and stellar musicianship, they garnered both critical and popular praise alike. The key to Ambrosia's success was their song-oriented ... (read more)

Report this review (#72967) | Posted by | Friday, March 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars While not heavily progressive, Ambrosia had a definitely proggy attitude. One of those bands who successfully combined poppish melodies with unusual arrangements and stellar musicianship, they garnered both critical and popular praise alike. The key to Ambrosia's success was their song-oriented ... (read more)

Report this review (#28256) | Posted by | Thursday, April 28, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Ambrosia at their best. After an outstanding debut album, they spread their capabilities to make even more impressive and original progressive music. There are some notorious influence of American composers Aaron Copland and Leonard Bernstein as well as Polish piano wizard Frederick Chopin. Hi ... (read more)

Report this review (#28253) | Posted by Prosciutto | Saturday, December 25, 2004 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The second release for Ambrosia finds them with more arranged pieces and some orchestrated songs. Standouts are the title track, Cowboy Star, The Brunt, and Danse With Me George. Cowboy Star and Danse are the songs with detailed orchestrations. Look for Ian and Ruth Underwood on Danse, my favorite s ... (read more)

Report this review (#28251) | Posted by | Saturday, April 03, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of AMBROSIA "Somewhere I've Never Travelled "