LIVE AT THE GALAXY

Ambrosia

Ambrosia Live at the Galaxy  album cover

Buy AMBROSIA Music
Live, released in 2002

1. Nice, Nice, Very Nice (6:25)
2. Livin' on My Own (4:53)
3. You're the Only Woman (5:11)
4. Mamma Don't Understand (4:35)
5. And...Somewhere I've Never Traveled (5:49)
6. In My Life (6:01)
7. Time Waits for No One (6:34)
8. How Much I Feel (6:44)
9. Magical Mystery Tour (3:52)
10. Drink of Water (6:18)
11. Holdin' on to Yesterday (6:57)
12. Biggest Part of Me (7:35)

Search AMBROSIA Live at the Galaxy lyrics

- Shem / vocals, acoustic guitar, bass
- Tollak Ollestad / vocals, keyboards, harmonica
- Doug Jackson / lead guitar

Cd. Coach House

AMBROSIA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AMBROSIA Live at the Galaxy Music

AnthologyAnthology
Warner Bros / Wea 1997
How Much I Feel & Other HitsHow Much I Feel & Other Hits
Rhino Flashback 2003
Ambrosia - The EssentialsAmbrosia - The Essentials
Remastered · Import
Wea International 2006
Life Beyond L.A.: The Deluxe Edition (2xCD)Life Beyond L.A.: The Deluxe Edition (2xCD)
Friday Music 2013
Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled (2 LP's on 2 CD's/Remastered/Limited Edition)Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled (2 LP's on 2 CD's/Remastered/Limited Edition)
Limited Edition · Remastered
Standing Room OnlyStanding Room Only
Sony/BMG 2007
? Ambrosia - Life Beyond L.A. (W.B.) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
? Ambrosia - One Eighty (W.B.) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Ambrosia-Somewhere I've Never Travelled 1976 T-510 1st Press Pyramid Cover EX/EX US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Ambrosia - One Eighty [Remaster] (CD, 1992, Warner Bros., Japan w/OBI) US $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Ambrosia - Road Island (CD, 1999, Warner Bros., Japan w/OBI) UPC #4943674010103 US $69.99 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Ambrosia - Somewhere I've Never Travelled [Remaster] (CD, 1978/2000, Warner, US) US $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 55m
7"-Single AMBROSIA - Biggest Part Of Me (1980) PS US $6.50 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Ambrosia promo 45 rpm "Biggest Part Of Me" on Warner Bros. US $2.00 Buy It Now 2h 24m
AMBROSIA - One Eighty (LP, 1980) Very Good+ US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 49m
70's/80's Record collection 45 RPM AMBROSIA lot -5 different Records US $6.00 [0 bids]
Ambrosia, Christopher Cross, Little River Band & 2 Air Supply albums-5 in total US $3.49 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA 8 TRACK TAPE Life Beyond L.A. ~ TESTED nw pad & splice US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 45m
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND LA - WARNER BROS. RECORDS LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Ambrosia Life beyond L.A. 1978 8 track tape cassette cartridge music US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 52m
AMBROSIA-BIGGEST PART OF ME-45 RPM WARNER BROTHERS-MINT CONDITION US $1.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia Anthology Sealed New Indonesia Cassette US $9.31 Buy It Now 11h 45m
AMBROSIA life beyond l.a. LP 10 track with inner (k56525) uk warner bros 1978 US $8.81 Buy It Now 11h 51m
AMBROSIA STANDING ROOM ONLY LIVE CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 13h
Ambrosia - How Can You Love Me - 7" Pic Disc MINT US $12.99 Buy It Now 16h 55m
Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled, Japan Pyramid Cover LP, Low Sale!!! US $14.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA - LIVIN' ON MY OWN / BIGGEST PART OF ME (WBS49225) great record! US $1.99 [0 bids]
~ AMBROSIA LP VINYL RECORD "LP/album copy of LIFE BEYOND L.A. by AMBROSIA. US $9.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA: Biggest Part Of Me/You're The Only Woman (You & I) (45) - Back To Back US $4.95 Buy It Now 22h 44m
AMBROSIA: How Much Can You Love Me / Still Not Satisfied (45) Ships WORLDWIDE! US $3.95 Buy It Now 22h 44m
AMBROSIA: How Much I Feel / Holdin' On To Yesterday (WB, 45) Ships WORLDWIDE! US $4.95 Buy It Now 22h 44m
Ambrosia/ONE EIGHTY (Japan /Sealed with OBI) US $59.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA: Magical Mystery Tour / Cowboy Star (20th Century, 45) Ships WORLDWIDE! US $5.95 Buy It Now 22h 44m
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND L.A. WB 1978 US $2.99 Buy It Now 22h 58m
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND LA 1978 WARNER BROS 3135W/SHRINK EXMT/EX US $6.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA S/T 8 Track tape US $11.59 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA Somewhere I've Never Travelled 8 track tape US $12.88 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA One Eighty 1980 LP Record RARE US $9.66 Buy It Now 1 day
"AMBROSIA" LIFE BEYOND L.A. RARE LP WARNER BROSS sleeve with Lyrics US $9.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Ralph Steadman rare Picture Disc Record Hunter S Thompson Ambrosia Gonzo US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
VG+ AMBROSIA BIGGEST PART OF ME/LIVIN' ON MY OWN 1980 45 RPM WARNER WBS-49225 US $2.98 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. LP US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA Road Island LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia Elton John Firefall Neil Diamond 4LP Lot 3 NM Shrink 1st Press See Pics US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND LA - WARNER BROS. RECORDS LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA Life Beyond LA Original US 1978 LP Warner Bros Label w/Picture Inner ! US $29.95 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA-LIFE BEYOND L.A.-LP-VINYL-PROMO-FACTORY SEALED-NEW!!! US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
45 RECORD AMBROSIA- BIGGEST PART OF ME US $0.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia Holdin' On To Yesterday Make Us All Aware Excellent Cond 45 US $4.50 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA - 12" LP - LIFE BEYOND L.A. US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WARNER BROS RECORDS P 11095 JAPAN AMBROSIA "Road Island" / OBI + Lyric Sheet US $27.50 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA - 12" LP - ONE EIGHTY US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - Self Title Asian LP #2 JS-5019 US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA self-titled 1975 UK 20TH CENTURY STEREO LP US $16.60 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - Ambrosia LP IN SHRINK Original Issue with insert US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A 8 track tape 1978 Warner Brothers US $8.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Arthur-The Album/various-Chr Cross- N Larson-Ambrosia/WB/Canada/NM- HEAR US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
LESTER YOUNG the president VOL 6 LP AMBROSIA AMB 60 US $21.00 Buy It Now 1 day
45 Ambrosia/Holdin on to yesterday/Make us all aware/20th Cedntury/USA/VG HEAR US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
NM Coast To Coast import strk LP . Ambrosia Bonnie Raitt US $5.50 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA- YOU'RE THE ONLY WOMAN/ SHAPE I'M IN 7" 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LESTER YOUNG SEALED LP The President, Volume 6 - Ambrosia AMB-60 US $19.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Nm! 45 Ambrosia - How Much I Feel / Ready For Camarillo On Wb Records US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA~ Promo~ Self Titled LP US $18.62 Buy It Now 1 day
Life Beyond L.A. by Ambrosia. Japanese Import CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
I Oughtta Give You A Shot In The Head cd Shivare 1999 12tk Ambrosia Parsley US $1.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia~You're The Only Woman You + I / Shape I'm In~Near Mint 1980 Rock 45 US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia AMBROSIA LP USA 20th Century VG+/VG+ US $5.99 [0 bids]
VINYL LP Ambrosia - Road Island Warner Bros. Records BSK 3638 US $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA SOMEWHERE I'VE NEVER TRAVELLED 9209-510 LP CANADA US $2.50 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA ~ ONE EIGHTY / WARNER BROTHERS RECORDS / 1980 / BIGGEST PART OF ME, CRY US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA "Life Beyond L.A." LP BSK 3135 CANADA US $1.50 Buy It Now 2 days
1970's CD America EXILE Ace PLAYER Orleans POCO Pablo Cruise JIM CROCE Ambrosia US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA PLAYER CHRISTOPHER CROSS MICHAEL FRANKS AOR BEST 2 CD JAPAN B5707 US $16.50 [0 bids]
ARTHUR THE ALBUM Soundtrack 1981 CD JAPAN Christopher Cross Ambrosia AOR B6020 US $16.50 [0 bids]
Ambrosia - Holdin' On to Yesterday/Make Us All Aware, 20th Centur 45 rpm single US $4.75 [0 bids]
Ambrosia - Magical Mystery Tour/Cowboy Star, 20th Century TC 2327 45 rpm single US $4.75 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND L.A. VINYL LP WITH LYRIC SHEET VG+ US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA AMBROSIA 1975 US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA HOW MUCH I FEEL NM 7in 45rpm SLSB 235 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA "One Eighty" 1980 Warner Bros. WB Record Album Vinyl LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA FEELIN ALIVE AGAIN PROMO NM 7in 45rpm SLSB 233 ACL US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND LA USA NM 7in 45rpm SLSB 236 ACL US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA HOLDIN ON TO YESTERDAY NM 7in 45rpm SLSB 234 ACL US $5.19 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA IF HEAVEN COULD FIND ME USA NM 7in 45rpm SLSB 239 ACL US $5.19 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA HOW MUCH I FEEL READY FOR CAMARILLO NM 7 in 45rpm SLSJ 50 ACL OFFERS? US $2.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia You're the only woman PERU US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
-Holst/Janácek: Orchestral Works CD Philharmonia Orchestra, Ambrosia New US $23.63 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia - Standing Room Only (2007) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.45 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia Ready for camarillo/How much I feel 7" vinyl Warner Bros US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
1980 Ambrosia "You're The Only Woman- Shape I'm In" 45 US $1.99 Buy It Now 2 days
1975 Ambrosia "Holdin' On To Yesterday-Make Us All Aware" 45 US $1.99 Buy It Now 2 days
1975 "Ambrosia" Stereo LP US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ALL THIS AND WORLD WAR 2 various LP 28 track double featuring ambrosia,elton joh US $9.74 Buy It Now 2 days
45 RECORD AMBROSIA- YOU'RE THE ONLY WOMAN US $0.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia No Big Deal US Promo 7" 45 David Pack US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia How Can You Love Me US Promo 7" 45 David Pack US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia If Heaven Could Find Me long & short version US Promo 7" 45 David Pack US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND L.A. [DELUXE EDITION] - NEW CD BOXSET US $15.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia - Life Beyond L.A.-The Deluxe Edition (Ori [CD New] US $18.24 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me/Hits [CD New] US $11.04 Buy It Now 2 days
ROCK/ Ambrosia - For Openers (Promo) 4 Track EP US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND L.A.: THE DELUXE EDITION NEW CD US $29.14 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia "If Heaven Could Find Me - Short/Long Versions" WB Promo US $0.99 [0 bids]
ZUBIN MEHTA/AMBROSIA OPERA CHORUS**VERDI: IL TROVATORE**3 CD SET US $17.50 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. LA 1978 LP ps WB vinyl Record Ready For Camarillo US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy AMBROSIA music online Buy AMBROSIA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AMBROSIA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AMBROSIA Live at the Galaxy ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(33%)

AMBROSIA Live at the Galaxy reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
1 stars 1.5 stars really!!

Until recently, I had no idea Ambrosia dinosaur had survived the 80's ice age, or that they had reformed in the semi-comatosed late 90's. And they actually toured for a couple/few years. And he we get a live album that doesn't specify in which year, but at least gives us the Galaxy club as venue. With three out of four original members, but not the all-important David Packs, Ambrosia hit the road as a sextet, including the Ollestad brothers (both multi-instrumentalists) and lead guitarist Jackson. I have always thought that the addition of musicians in a group was not always a good thing past the quartet being transformed into a quintet, usually this bringing a lot of watering down in the band's musical propos. And with ambrosia, which I was never a fan of, this passage from quartet to septet is more than alarming, it would be downright pre-occupying if a cared a single little bit about them.

Although I had appreciated their-Steely Dan-derived debut (except those two ugly AOR hits), tolerated their APP-cloned second album, hated everything afterwards, so I had some kind of hope after seeing the track list proposed: about half the tracks came from their debut, the rest coming mostly from the third and fourth album, once the group stopped pretending "prog" attributes. But from the outset, there was no doubt about it though, the track list proposed made this a "greatest hits of-live" album

Alas, my hopes were quickly trashed as the sextet lost all of their debut album's subtleties, and the tracks coming from it have been watered down to pure 100% mindless AOR juice, made from concentrates, but no pulp added. Right from the start, Ambrosia gives us the hideous Nice, Very Nice turd that plagued later 70's FM stations, but the other Holdin' Out To Yesterday, Drink Of Water & Times Waits For No One arte peppered around the succession of AOR mouthwash basin that's called their repertoire. While probably the best tracks of theirs, it seems that even as a sextet, they can't seem to recuperate from Packs' absence, and these tracks are executed fairly but don't come up to the waist level of the studio versions, the Steely Dan-ish feel having disappeared.

Yet, these I just mentioned are actually the top of the iceberg quality-wise, because it's all downhill from that moment on. The three tracks from the fourth album are actually more faithfully rendered than the above-mentioned debut album songs. But the songwriting is simply uninventive, AOR-ish and puke-inducing love ditties. Only one track comes from the symphonically-pomp Somewhere album: the title track, which gets butchered a bit because the strings are missing. BTW: don't get your hopes up, the Beatles cover is atrocious. There are two tracks I couldn't place through their five albums, but one of those is a new track from the Ollestad newcomers, and it sounds perfectly Ambrosia-esque, while the Mama Don't Understand was just one more of the same.

Musically, outside the drumming, the musos are more than apt (but they're six instead of four), but they sound like Journey or Rep Speedwagon. So obviously if you like the last two bands named, run for this album, you're probably in for a treat, because the sound is excellent and AOR-wise, this is indeed their greatest hits done live. But the more meaningful tracks of their first two albums are inconspicuously absent (one man is absent), which reinforces my poor opinion of this "thing".

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#166277) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 10, 2008

4 stars This first live CD by Ambrosia is wonderfully recorded. To hear songs like Drink Of Water and Time Waits For No One live is a dream come true. This is Ambrosia captured as they now sound in 2002 and it is amazing. It is a must have CD for all Ambrosia fans even though David Pack is no longer wit ... (read more)

Report this review (#125073) | Posted by philhepple | Thursday, June 07, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of AMBROSIA "Live at the Galaxy "