LIVE AT THE GALAXY

Ambrosia

Ambrosia Live at the Galaxy  album cover

Buy AMBROSIA Music
Live, released in 2002

1. Nice, Nice, Very Nice (6:25)
2. Livin' on My Own (4:53)
3. You're the Only Woman (5:11)
4. Mamma Don't Understand (4:35)
5. And...Somewhere I've Never Traveled (5:49)
6. In My Life (6:01)
7. Time Waits for No One (6:34)
8. How Much I Feel (6:44)
9. Magical Mystery Tour (3:52)
10. Drink of Water (6:18)
11. Holdin' on to Yesterday (6:57)
12. Biggest Part of Me (7:35)

Search AMBROSIA Live at the Galaxy lyrics

- Shem / vocals, acoustic guitar, bass
- Tollak Ollestad / vocals, keyboards, harmonica
- Doug Jackson / lead guitar

Cd. Coach House

AMBROSIA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AMBROSIA Live at the Galaxy Music

AnthologyAnthology
Warner Off Roster 1997
Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled (2 LP's on 2 CD's/Remastered/Limited Edition)Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled (2 LP's on 2 CD's/Remastered/Limited Edition)
Limited Edition · Remastered
Friday Music 2012
Ambrosia - The EssentialsAmbrosia - The Essentials
Remastered · Import
Wea International 2006
Life Beyond L.A.: The Deluxe Edition (2xCD)Life Beyond L.A.: The Deluxe Edition (2xCD)
Friday Music 2013
AmbrosiaAmbrosia
Remastered
Warner Off Roster 2000
One EightyOne Eighty
Rock Candy 2014
Road IslandRoad Island
Rock Candy 2014
David Pack - Anywhere You Go (1985) CD, Oct-2006, Wounded Bird, Ambrosia US $20.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA: Ambrosia LP (w/ insert, cut corner, writing on back cover) Rock US $20.00 Buy It Now 2h 55m
45RPM Ambrosia Magical Mystery Tour & Cowboy Star US $9.74 Buy It Now 3h 25m
'AMBROSIA' - 'INSIDE YOUR ARMS' - "PROMOTIONAL COPY ONLY, NOT FOR RESALE" - CD US $1.61 [0 bids]
Ambrosia - How Much I Feel / Ready For Camarillo 45 rpm 1978 US $2.25 Buy It Now 4h 27m
Ambrosia - One Eighty LP VG++/NM b US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 33m
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1978 AMBROSIA Life Beyond LA BSK 3135 Pop Rock USA Good Cond US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 45m
Ambrosia, LP, Road Island, orig Warner Bros. BSK 3638, 1982, PROMO, David Pack US $5.77 [0 bids]
Ambrosia, LP, Life Beyond L.A., orig Warner Bros. BSK 3135, 1978, David Pack US $4.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia Road Island (Jan-2005, Wounded Bird) ULTRA RARE CD David Pack US $49.99 Buy It Now 7h 57m
AMBROSIA One Eighty REMASTERED IMPORT CD DAVID PACK US $16.99 Buy It Now 8h 15m
Ambrosia - Don't Worry - Shelter - 2005 #218144 US $6.47 Buy It Now 8h 44m
AMBROSIA - LIVIN' ON MY OWN / BIGGEST PART OF ME (WBS49225) great record! US $1.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia ROAD ISLAND LP USA Warner Brothers VG+/M- US $5.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA ONE EIGHTY 8 Track Tape Cartridge NEW & SEALED! US $15.99 Buy It Now 10h 19m
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND LA - WARNER BROS RECORDS LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 11h 42m
Ambrosia - How Can You Love Me - Fool Like Me - Limited Edition Picture Disc US $12.00 Buy It Now 12h 48m
Anthology by Ambrosia (CD, May-1997, Warner Bros.) US $11.10 Buy It Now 18h 18m
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND LA 1978 WARNER BROS 3135W/SHRINK EXMT/EX US $6.99 [0 bids]
Coast to Coast Soundtrack CASSETTE ©1980 Full Moon Warner AMBROSIA RITA COOLIDGE US $17.00 Buy It Now 21h 12m
Ambrosia "Life Beyond L.A." LP US $3.47 Buy It Now 22h 6m
Ambrosia Holdin on to yesterday/how much I feel 7" vinyl Warner Brothers US $4.99 Buy It Now 22h 53m
Ambrosia *self-titled 1975 CD (Japanese release by Warner Music WPCR-1049 ) US $34.97 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA - ANTHOLOGY (CD 1997) US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled, Japan Pyramid Cover LP, Low Sale!!! US $14.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA: ONE EIGHTY US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - Life Beyond L.A. 1978 VG+ US $2.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Lot of 4 Soft Rock: Christopher Cross, Air Supply, Rod Stewart, Ambrosia Albums US $5.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA Somewhere I've Never Travelled LP Record 1978 US $14.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia 45 Biggest Part of Me/Livin on my own Warner Bros WBS49225 1980 NM US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia Cd US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia Biggest Part of Me/Youre the only woman Warner Bros GWB0394 US 1980 NM US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA S/T 1975 20th Century Fox CLASSIC ROCK LP w LYRIC INSERT US $13.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia Holdin On to Yesterday/How Much I feel Warner Bros GWB 0377 US 1978 NM US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia Life Beyond L.A. VG++ 12" Great Album Very Good Condition Price Drop US $2.98 [0 bids]
LP AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND LA **IF HEAVEN COULD FIND ME** US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
3X VINYL RECORD LOT OF AMBROSIA !!! 1970s and 1980's !! AWSOME !!! US $1.99 [1 bids]
AMBROSIA - ROAD ISLAND LP US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia- Life Beyond L.A.- new/sealed 8 Track tape US $3.50 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA "ONE EIGHTY" - Japan IMPORT CD - BRAND NEW SEALED with OBI STRIP US $74.99 Buy It Now 1 day
EAGLES I CAN'T TELL YOU WHY/AMBROSIA OUTSIDE 45 RPM US $4.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Soundtrack movie INSIDE MOVES Lp RECORD EAGLES BOZ SPINNERS AMBROSIA + SEALED US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia ~ YOU'RE THE ONLY WOMAN ~ 45 VG+ Cond ~ David Pack & Joe Puerta US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LP vinyl AMBROSIA self titled album 1975 US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA Nice Nice Very Nice b/w Lover Arrive STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1978 AMBROSIA LP Life Beyond L.A. Excellent Vinyl; VG+ Cover US $6.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia, Christopher Cross, Little River Band & 2 Air Supply albums-5 in total US $3.49 [0 bids]
1 CENT CD Weeping Cherry - Ambrosia Parsley SEALED US $0.01 [1 bids]
1 CENT CD Weeping Cherry - Ambrosia Parsley SEALED US $0.01 [0 bids]
Ambrosia Self Titled Debut 1975 -LP - M US $15.00 [0 bids]
Ambrosia Self Titled Reissue 1978 -LP - M US $15.00 [0 bids]
Japan SHM-CD AMBROSIA Somewhere I've Never Travelled 2011 Remaster US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia ~ Life Beyond L.A. ~ LP ~ (1978) US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
1982 Ambrosia Road Island LP Warner BSK-3638 NM Vinyl Play Tested US $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Life Beyond LA Ambrosia LP VG+ Warner Brothers BSK3135 US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Record/Vinyl/Ambrosia/One Eighty US $3.99 [0 bids]
ARTHUR (OST) Soundtrack Ft BURT BACHARACH Ambrosia WB 1981 FREE UK POST US $12.33 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA - HOW CAN YOU LOVE ME - 7" PICTURE DISC US $6.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Life Beyond L.A. - Ambrosia - Warner BSK-3135 US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA-BIGGEST PART OF ME-45 RPM WARNER BROTHERS-MINT CONDITION US $1.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia, Life Beyond LA, Album,1978 Warner Bros Records LP,Vinyl, Angola US $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Lot of 2 The Doobie Brothers Black Water & Ambrosia Warner Bros 45 RPM Records US $3.48 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA: You're The Only Woman (You & I) / Shape I'm In |45| Ships WORLDWIDE! US $1.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia - Ambrosia (CD, Feb-2000, Warner Bros.) US $5.38 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA HOLDIN' ON TO YESTERDAY/MAKE US ALL AWARE 45 US $4.98 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA - ONE EIGHTY - VG++ WARNER BROS RECORD 1980 US $7.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia WBros LP 1982 Ralph Steadman US $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia - Self Titled lp US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA life beyond LA Lp RECORD 1978 US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia/ Warner Brothers BSK-3181/ Near Mint US $4.95 [0 bids]
45 RPM Vinyl Ambrosia Biggest Part Of Me Livin' On My Own Warner Bros US $5.50 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA~BIGGEST PART OF ME b/w LIVIN' ON MY OWN~1980~7" 45 RPM~SOFT ROCK~WB US $1.99 [0 bids]
70's/80's Record collection 45 RPM AMBROSIA lot -5 Records US $5.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA BRASS BAND Walking Through the Streets of the City Mint Jazz LP US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia - Life Beyond L. A. - Very nice E+ LP US $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SEALED 12"~UNSPOKEN DREAM~Ambrosia~[7:18]~Plasma~[8:34]~[1999 DANGER US $14.90 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA SHAPE I'M IN 1980 45 RPM WARNER BROS. WBS49508 US $2.98 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA**LIFE BEYOND L.A.**2 CD SET US $21.95 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA One Eighty LP VG+ WB 1980 US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA - ANTHOLOGY [AMBROSIA] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $4.78 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA - HOW MUCH I FEEL AND OTHER HITS [090431848623] - NEW CD US $6.95 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA - ROAD ISLAND - 1982 ORIG. EX/VG+ Shrink VINYL & COVER US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Excellent 1976 Progressive Rock LP - AMBROSIA " 1st Self Titled LP" 20th Century US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia / How Much I Feel (1978) / Vinyl Single US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia/Life Beyond L.A./Warner Bros. BSK 3135/Vinyl LP/VG++ US $7.00 Buy It Now 4 days
AMBROSIA-ROAD ISLAND NEW SEALED WARNER BROS BSK 3638 rock vinyl LP US $11.98 Buy It Now 4 days
MEAT LOAF Ambrosia Rare USA 1978 RADIO SHOW 12" VINYL rock around US $32.42 Buy It Now 4 days
AMBROSIA "BIGGEST PART OF ME" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 4 days
AMBROSIA "HOW MUCH I FEEL" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 4 days
AMBROSIA "YOU'RE THE ONLY WOMAN (YOU & I)" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 4 days
AMBROSIA 1976 7" RECORD FROM SPAIN Never Played US $2.00 [0 bids]
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Cryin' In the Rain on Warner Bros. US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Holdin' On To Yesterday on 20th Century US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Livin' On My Own on Warner Bros. US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Magical Mystery Tour on 20th Centur US $6.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Shape I'm In on Warner Bros. US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Still Not Satisfied on Warner Bros. US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy AMBROSIA music online Buy AMBROSIA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AMBROSIA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AMBROSIA Live at the Galaxy ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(33%)

AMBROSIA Live at the Galaxy reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
1 stars 1.5 stars really!!

Until recently, I had no idea Ambrosia dinosaur had survived the 80's ice age, or that they had reformed in the semi-comatosed late 90's. And they actually toured for a couple/few years. And he we get a live album that doesn't specify in which year, but at least gives us the Galaxy club as venue. With three out of four original members, but not the all-important David Packs, Ambrosia hit the road as a sextet, including the Ollestad brothers (both multi-instrumentalists) and lead guitarist Jackson. I have always thought that the addition of musicians in a group was not always a good thing past the quartet being transformed into a quintet, usually this bringing a lot of watering down in the band's musical propos. And with ambrosia, which I was never a fan of, this passage from quartet to septet is more than alarming, it would be downright pre-occupying if a cared a single little bit about them.

Although I had appreciated their-Steely Dan-derived debut (except those two ugly AOR hits), tolerated their APP-cloned second album, hated everything afterwards, so I had some kind of hope after seeing the track list proposed: about half the tracks came from their debut, the rest coming mostly from the third and fourth album, once the group stopped pretending "prog" attributes. But from the outset, there was no doubt about it though, the track list proposed made this a "greatest hits of-live" album

Alas, my hopes were quickly trashed as the sextet lost all of their debut album's subtleties, and the tracks coming from it have been watered down to pure 100% mindless AOR juice, made from concentrates, but no pulp added. Right from the start, Ambrosia gives us the hideous Nice, Very Nice turd that plagued later 70's FM stations, but the other Holdin' Out To Yesterday, Drink Of Water & Times Waits For No One arte peppered around the succession of AOR mouthwash basin that's called their repertoire. While probably the best tracks of theirs, it seems that even as a sextet, they can't seem to recuperate from Packs' absence, and these tracks are executed fairly but don't come up to the waist level of the studio versions, the Steely Dan-ish feel having disappeared.

Yet, these I just mentioned are actually the top of the iceberg quality-wise, because it's all downhill from that moment on. The three tracks from the fourth album are actually more faithfully rendered than the above-mentioned debut album songs. But the songwriting is simply uninventive, AOR-ish and puke-inducing love ditties. Only one track comes from the symphonically-pomp Somewhere album: the title track, which gets butchered a bit because the strings are missing. BTW: don't get your hopes up, the Beatles cover is atrocious. There are two tracks I couldn't place through their five albums, but one of those is a new track from the Ollestad newcomers, and it sounds perfectly Ambrosia-esque, while the Mama Don't Understand was just one more of the same.

Musically, outside the drumming, the musos are more than apt (but they're six instead of four), but they sound like Journey or Rep Speedwagon. So obviously if you like the last two bands named, run for this album, you're probably in for a treat, because the sound is excellent and AOR-wise, this is indeed their greatest hits done live. But the more meaningful tracks of their first two albums are inconspicuously absent (one man is absent), which reinforces my poor opinion of this "thing".

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#166277) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 10, 2008

4 stars This first live CD by Ambrosia is wonderfully recorded. To hear songs like Drink Of Water and Time Waits For No One live is a dream come true. This is Ambrosia captured as they now sound in 2002 and it is amazing. It is a must have CD for all Ambrosia fans even though David Pack is no longer wit ... (read more)

Report this review (#125073) | Posted by philhepple | Thursday, June 07, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of AMBROSIA "Live at the Galaxy "