LIVE AT THE GALAXY

Ambrosia

Ambrosia Live at the Galaxy  album cover

Buy AMBROSIA Music
Live, released in 2002

1. Nice, Nice, Very Nice (6:25)
2. Livin' on My Own (4:53)
3. You're the Only Woman (5:11)
4. Mamma Don't Understand (4:35)
5. And...Somewhere I've Never Traveled (5:49)
6. In My Life (6:01)
7. Time Waits for No One (6:34)
8. How Much I Feel (6:44)
9. Magical Mystery Tour (3:52)
10. Drink of Water (6:18)
11. Holdin' on to Yesterday (6:57)
12. Biggest Part of Me (7:35)

Search AMBROSIA Live at the Galaxy lyrics

- Shem / vocals, acoustic guitar, bass
- Tollak Ollestad / vocals, keyboards, harmonica
- Doug Jackson / lead guitar

Cd. Coach House

AMBROSIA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AMBROSIA Live at the Galaxy Music

AnthologyAnthology
Warner Bros / Wea 1997
Life Beyond L.A.: The Deluxe Edition (2xCD)Life Beyond L.A.: The Deluxe Edition (2xCD)
Friday Music 2013
Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled (2 LP's on 2 CD's/Remastered/Limited Edition)Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled (2 LP's on 2 CD's/Remastered/Limited Edition)
Limited Edition · Remastered
Road IslandRoad Island
Rock Candy 2014
45RPM Ambrosia Magical Mystery Tour & Cowboy Star US $9.74 Buy It Now 32m 59s
Ambrosia - One Eighty LP VG++/NM b US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1978 AMBROSIA Life Beyond LA BSK 3135 Pop Rock USA Good Cond US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 53m
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1975 AMBROSIA T-434 Rock Good Condition w/Insert US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Ambrosia (@) Pevensey Nlz CD US $18.17 Buy It Now 9h 38m
V.A.What Is Hip?: Remix Project, Vol. 1 w/Doobie Brothers, Ambrosia, America. US $3.95 [0 bids]
Ambrosia "Life Beyond L.A." LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 19h 13m
V.A. Rolling Stone Present Soft Rock W/Boz Scaggs, Toto, Ambrosia, Walter Egan US $8.95 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. Vinyl 33 LP Music Record Album VG+ 1978 US $5.20 [0 bids]
50 Mixed Lot 45's Madonna,Johnny Ace,Chicago,Ambrosia,Bee Gees, US $29.99 Buy It Now 21h 56m
Ambrosia - Life Beyond L.A. 1978 VG+ US $2.24 Buy It Now 22h 48m
AMBROSIA "HOLDIN ON TO YESTERDAY" / "MAKE US AL AWARE" 7" 45 US $2.99 Buy It Now 23h 55m
AMBROSIA Somewhere I've Never Travelled LP Record 1978 US $14.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia- Life Beyond L.A.- new/sealed 8 Track tape US $3.50 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA: ONE EIGHTY 1980 Warner Brothers BSK3368 in shrink EX-/EX- US $1.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND LA 1978 WARNER BROS 3135W/SHRINK EXMT/EX US $6.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA 'ONE EIGHTY' AOR NEW REMASTERED ROCK CANDY 2014 NEW SEALED! US $18.47 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA 'ROAD ISLAND' AOR NEW REMASTERED ROCK CANDY 2014 NEW SEALED! US $18.47 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA S/T 1975 20th Century Fox CLASSIC ROCK LP w LYRIC INSERT US $13.00 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA One Eighty P-10820W LP w6622 US $7.99 [0 bids]
LP AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND LA **IF HEAVEN COULD FIND ME** US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA - ROAD ISLAND LP US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
EAGLES I CAN'T TELL YOU WHY/AMBROSIA OUTSIDE 45 RPM US $4.98 Buy It Now 1 day
KANSAS, FOCUS, SQUEEZE, SHERBS, MARK ALMOND, AMBROSIA ***6 Rock LPs Lot*** US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Soundtrack movie INSIDE MOVES Lp RECORD EAGLES BOZ SPINNERS AMBROSIA + SEALED US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia ~ YOU'RE THE ONLY WOMAN ~ 45 VG+ Cond ~ David Pack & Joe Puerta US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1976 AMBROSIA "SOMEWHERE I'VE NEVER TRAVELLED" 12" ALBUM VINYL VG+ US $1.59 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA***LIFE BEYOND L.A.***Warner Brothers***1978***NM VINYL and COVER!! US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA Nice Nice Very Nice b/w Lover Arrive STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Promo 45 AMBROSIA How Can You Love Me on Warner Bros. (Promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA Make Us All Aware 45 CHILE PHILIPS 1975 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Japan SHM-CD AMBROSIA Somewhere I've Never Travelled 2011 Remaster US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia ~ Life Beyond L.A. ~ LP ~ (1978) US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Life Beyond LA Ambrosia LP VG+ Warner Brothers BSK3135 US $7.49 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA "YOU'RE THE ONLY WOMAN (YOU & I)" 45 RPM US $3.50 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA "BIGGEST PART OF ME" 45 RPM US $3.50 [0 bids]
6 LP SEXY Rock Disco lot Ambrosia Charlie Shaft Tomita Donna Summer Bob Welch US $0.01 [0 bids]
JON ANDERSON Olias Of Sunhillow AEROSMITH Ambrosia THAI Thailand 7" 45 EP PS #9 US $24.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia [Remaster] by Ambrosia (CD, Feb-2000, Warner Bros.) NEW US $44.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ARTHUR (OST) Soundtrack Ft BURT BACHARACH Ambrosia WB 1981 FREE UK POST US $12.77 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia - Life Beyond L. A. - Very nice E+ LP US $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia - How much i feel -Very Good + condition 45-RPM US $2.99 [0 bids]
? AMBROSIA LP VINYL RECORD "LP/album copy of LIFE BEYOND L.A. by AMBROSIA. US $9.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia, Life Beyond LA, Album,1978 Warner Bros Records LP,Vinyl, Angola US $11.19 Buy It Now 2 days
Biggest Part of Me/Hits Ambrosia CD US $16.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Lot of 2 The Doobie Brothers Black Water & Ambrosia Warner Bros 45 RPM Records US $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia: Holldin' On to Yesterday / Make Us All Aware [New and unplayed] US $7.97 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA: You're The Only Woman (You & I) / Shape I'm In |45| Ships WORLDWIDE! US $1.95 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA HOLDIN' ON TO YESTERDAY/MAKE US ALL AWARE 45 US $4.98 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA - ONE EIGHTY - VG++ WARNER BROS RECORD 1980 US $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia WBros LP 1982 Ralph Steadman US $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia - Self Titled lp US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA life beyond LA Lp RECORD 1978 US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
45 RPM Vinyl Ambrosia Biggest Part Of Me Livin' On My Own Warner Bros US $5.50 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA "Life Beyond L.A." LP Vinyl Record in Canada Shrink US $9.05 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia - Holdin' On to Yesterday/Make Us All Aware, 20th Centur 45 rpm single US $4.75 [0 bids]
Ambrosia - Magical Mystery Tour/Cowboy Star, 20th Century TC 2327 45 rpm single US $4.75 [0 bids]
Live at the Galaxy by Ambrosia (CD, Jul-2007, Coach House Records) US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA BRASS BAND Walking Through the Streets of the City Mint Jazz LP US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA - ONE EIGHTY - 8 TRACK TAPE US $5.50 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA SHAPE I'M IN 1980 45 RPM WARNER BROS. WBS49508 US $2.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia - Life Beyond L.A. 8-Track Stereo Tape Cartridge rare vintage 1978 US $2.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA~ Promo~ Self Titled LP US $23.35 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA One Eighty LP VG+ WB 1980 US $10.39 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA BIGGEST PART OF ME / LIVIN' ON MY OWN 45 RPM US $5.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia / How Much I Feel (1978) / Vinyl Single US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia/Life Beyond L.A./Warner Bros. BSK 3135/Vinyl LP/VG++ US $7.00 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA-ROAD ISLAND NEW SEALED WARNER BROS BSK 3638 rock vinyl LP US $11.98 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. 1978 CLASSIC ROCK / AOR LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND L.A. / ANGOLA - WARNER 45RPM EXC US $3.27 Buy It Now 3 days
NOS AMBROSIA US $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA "BIGGEST PART OF ME" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA "HOW MUCH I FEEL" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA "YOU'RE THE ONLY WOMAN (YOU & I)" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Cryin' In the Rain on Warner Bros. US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Holdin' On To Yesterday on 20th Century US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Livin' On My Own on Warner Bros. US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Magical Mystery Tour on 20th Century US $6.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Shape I'm In on Warner Bros. US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Still Not Satisfied on Warner Bros. US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
All This and World War II vinyl 2x LP BOX w/BOOK BEATLES Bee Gees AMBROSIA US $7.95 Buy It Now 4 days
AMBROSIA Somewhere I've Never Travelled LP VG+ 1976 US $11.19 Buy It Now 4 days
ERLAND KRAUSER: Ambrosia (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Live at the Galaxy by Ambrosia (CD, Jul-2007, Coach House Records) US $20.99 Buy It Now 4 days
45 RECORD AMBROSIA- YOU'RE THE ONLY WOMAN US $0.99 Buy It Now 4 days
45 RECORD AMBROSIA- BIGGEST PART OF ME US $0.99 Buy It Now 4 days
? Ambrosia - Life Beyond L.A. (W.B.) US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
? Ambrosia - One Eighty (W.B.) US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Ambrosia - One Eighty [Remaster] (CD, 1992, Warner Bros., Japan w/OBI) US $34.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Ambrosia - Road Island (CD, 1999, Warner Bros., Japan w/OBI) UPC #4943674010103 US $69.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Ambrosia - Somewhere I've Never Travelled [Remaster] (CD, 1978/2000, Warner, US) US $34.99 Buy It Now 4 days
7"-Single AMBROSIA - Biggest Part Of Me (1980) PS US $6.50 Buy It Now 4 days
AMBROSIA: ANTHOLOGY (CD 1997) - 16 Songs US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND LA NAUTILUS NR 23 SUPERDISCS LP FACTORY SEALED MINT US $30.00 [0 bids]
45 AMBROSIA - Biggest Part Of Me/Livin' On my Own w/ WB 49225 sleeve US $2.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND LA - WARNER BROS. RECORDS LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Ambrosia Life beyond L.A. 1978 8 track tape cassette cartridge music US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Joe Morris/Agusti Fernandez Ambrosia CD US $13.77 Buy It Now 4 days
AMBROSIA * BIGGEST PART OF ME & LIVIN' ON MY OWN * 45 RPM US $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
AMBROSIA - STANDING ROOM ONLY NEW CD US $10.49 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy AMBROSIA music online Buy AMBROSIA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AMBROSIA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AMBROSIA Live at the Galaxy ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(33%)

AMBROSIA Live at the Galaxy reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
1 stars 1.5 stars really!!

Until recently, I had no idea Ambrosia dinosaur had survived the 80's ice age, or that they had reformed in the semi-comatosed late 90's. And they actually toured for a couple/few years. And he we get a live album that doesn't specify in which year, but at least gives us the Galaxy club as venue. With three out of four original members, but not the all-important David Packs, Ambrosia hit the road as a sextet, including the Ollestad brothers (both multi-instrumentalists) and lead guitarist Jackson. I have always thought that the addition of musicians in a group was not always a good thing past the quartet being transformed into a quintet, usually this bringing a lot of watering down in the band's musical propos. And with ambrosia, which I was never a fan of, this passage from quartet to septet is more than alarming, it would be downright pre-occupying if a cared a single little bit about them.

Although I had appreciated their-Steely Dan-derived debut (except those two ugly AOR hits), tolerated their APP-cloned second album, hated everything afterwards, so I had some kind of hope after seeing the track list proposed: about half the tracks came from their debut, the rest coming mostly from the third and fourth album, once the group stopped pretending "prog" attributes. But from the outset, there was no doubt about it though, the track list proposed made this a "greatest hits of-live" album

Alas, my hopes were quickly trashed as the sextet lost all of their debut album's subtleties, and the tracks coming from it have been watered down to pure 100% mindless AOR juice, made from concentrates, but no pulp added. Right from the start, Ambrosia gives us the hideous Nice, Very Nice turd that plagued later 70's FM stations, but the other Holdin' Out To Yesterday, Drink Of Water & Times Waits For No One arte peppered around the succession of AOR mouthwash basin that's called their repertoire. While probably the best tracks of theirs, it seems that even as a sextet, they can't seem to recuperate from Packs' absence, and these tracks are executed fairly but don't come up to the waist level of the studio versions, the Steely Dan-ish feel having disappeared.

Yet, these I just mentioned are actually the top of the iceberg quality-wise, because it's all downhill from that moment on. The three tracks from the fourth album are actually more faithfully rendered than the above-mentioned debut album songs. But the songwriting is simply uninventive, AOR-ish and puke-inducing love ditties. Only one track comes from the symphonically-pomp Somewhere album: the title track, which gets butchered a bit because the strings are missing. BTW: don't get your hopes up, the Beatles cover is atrocious. There are two tracks I couldn't place through their five albums, but one of those is a new track from the Ollestad newcomers, and it sounds perfectly Ambrosia-esque, while the Mama Don't Understand was just one more of the same.

Musically, outside the drumming, the musos are more than apt (but they're six instead of four), but they sound like Journey or Rep Speedwagon. So obviously if you like the last two bands named, run for this album, you're probably in for a treat, because the sound is excellent and AOR-wise, this is indeed their greatest hits done live. But the more meaningful tracks of their first two albums are inconspicuously absent (one man is absent), which reinforces my poor opinion of this "thing".

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#166277) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 10, 2008

4 stars This first live CD by Ambrosia is wonderfully recorded. To hear songs like Drink Of Water and Time Waits For No One live is a dream come true. This is Ambrosia captured as they now sound in 2002 and it is amazing. It is a must have CD for all Ambrosia fans even though David Pack is no longer wit ... (read more)

Report this review (#125073) | Posted by philhepple | Thursday, June 07, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of AMBROSIA "Live at the Galaxy "