LIVE AT THE GALAXY

Ambrosia

Ambrosia Live at the Galaxy  album cover

Buy AMBROSIA Music
Live, released in 2002

1. Nice, Nice, Very Nice (6:25)
2. Livin' on My Own (4:53)
3. You're the Only Woman (5:11)
4. Mamma Don't Understand (4:35)
5. And...Somewhere I've Never Traveled (5:49)
6. In My Life (6:01)
7. Time Waits for No One (6:34)
8. How Much I Feel (6:44)
9. Magical Mystery Tour (3:52)
10. Drink of Water (6:18)
11. Holdin' on to Yesterday (6:57)
12. Biggest Part of Me (7:35)

Search AMBROSIA Live at the Galaxy lyrics

- Shem / vocals, acoustic guitar, bass
- Tollak Ollestad / vocals, keyboards, harmonica
- Doug Jackson / lead guitar

Cd. Coach House

AMBROSIA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AMBROSIA Live at the Galaxy Music

AnthologyAnthology
Warner Off Roster 1997
One EightyOne Eighty
Rock Candy 2014
Road IslandRoad Island
Rock Candy 2014
Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled (2 LP's on 2 CD's/Remastered/Limited Edition)Ambrosia / Somewhere I've Never Travelled (2 LP's on 2 CD's/Remastered/Limited Edition)
Limited Edition · Remastered
Ambrosia WBros LP 1982 Ralph Steadman US $12.00 Buy It Now 39m 57s
Ambrosia - Self Titled lp US $6.99 Buy It Now 41m 39s
AMBROSIA Life Beyond LA (CD 2000) MINT Sealed US $6.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA life beyond LA Lp RECORD 1978 US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
45 RPM Vinyl Ambrosia Biggest Part Of Me Livin' On My Own Warner Bros US $5.50 Buy It Now 2h 25m
AMBROSIA 'ONE EIGHTY' AOR NEW REMASTERED ROCK CANDY 2014 NEW SEALED! US $16.08 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA 'ROAD ISLAND' AOR NEW REMASTERED ROCK CANDY 2014 NEW SEALED! US $16.08 [0 bids]
Ambrosia - 1970's - 45 RPM Records - Set of 7 US $1.18 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA BRASS BAND Walking Through the Streets of the City Mint Jazz LP US $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 56m
Ambrosia Life Beyond L.A. VG++ 12" LP Soft Rock South Bay Rock Rick Sound Rare US $2.98 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA SHAPE I'M IN 1980 45 RPM WARNER BROS. WBS49508 US $2.98 Buy It Now 10h 5m
AMBROSIA**LIFE BEYOND L.A.**2 CD SET US $21.95 Buy It Now 10h 9m
AMBROSIA One Eighty LP VG+ WB 1980 US $7.79 Buy It Now 12h 33m
AMBROSIA - ANTHOLOGY [AMBROSIA] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $5.07 Buy It Now 15h 45m
Ambrosia - Life Beyond L. A. - Very nice E+ LP US $6.00 Buy It Now 19h 49m
Ambrosia / How Much I Feel (1978) / Vinyl Single US $3.99 Buy It Now 21h 30m
Ambrosia Road Island Vinyl Record Album US $0.25 [0 bids]
Ambrosia/Life Beyond L.A./Warner Bros. BSK 3135/Vinyl LP/VG++ US $7.00 Buy It Now 21h 52m
AMBROSIA-ROAD ISLAND NEW SEALED WARNER BROS BSK 3638 rock vinyl LP US $10.78 Buy It Now 22h 11m
AMBROSIA "BIGGEST PART OF ME" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 23h 57m
Record/Vinyl/Ambrosia/somewhere ive never travelled US $4.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA "HOW MUCH I FEEL" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 23h 58m
AMBROSIA "YOU'RE THE ONLY WOMAN (YOU & I)" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 23h 58m
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Cryin' In the Rain on Warner Bros. US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Holdin' On To Yesterday on 20th Century US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Livin' On My Own on Warner Bros. US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Magical Mystery Tour on 20th Century US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Shape I'm In on Warner Bros. US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Unplayed NM! 45 AMBROSIA Still Not Satisfied on Warner Bros. US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia Life Beyond L.A. 8-Track Tape NOS Vintage US $4.99 [0 bids]
All This and World War II vinyl 2x LP BOX w/BOOK BEATLES Bee Gees AMBROSIA US $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
REMINISCENT DRIVE - AMBROSIA 2XLP F120DLPX F COMMUNICATION 2000 US $12.86 [0 bids]
AUCTION FIND! AMBROSIA One Eighty LP Record Album EX/NM US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
? Ambrosia - Life Beyond L.A. (W.B.) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
? Ambrosia - One Eighty (W.B.) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia-Somewhere I've Never Travelled 1976 T-510 1st Press Pyramid Cover EX/EX US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Anthology by Ambrosia (CD, May-1997, Warner Bros.) BMG Direct US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - One Eighty [Remaster] (CD, 1992, Warner Bros., Japan w/OBI) US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - Road Island (CD, 1999, Warner Bros., Japan w/OBI) UPC #4943674010103 US $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - Somewhere I've Never Travelled [Remaster] (CD, 1978/2000, Warner, US) US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
7"-Single AMBROSIA - Biggest Part Of Me (1980) PS US $6.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia *self-titled 1975 CD (Japanese release by Warner Music WPCR-1049 ) US $31.49 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA 1976 7" RECORD FROM SPAIN Never Played US $1.00 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA - One Eighty (LP, 1980) Very Good+ US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA 8 TRACK TAPE Life Beyond L.A. ~ TESTED nw pad & splice US $5.19 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND LA - WARNER BROS. RECORDS LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia Life beyond L.A. 1978 8 track tape cassette cartridge music US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA BRASS BAND - WALKING THROUGH THE STREETS OF THE CITY - NEW CD US $10.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia Anthology Sealed New Indonesia Cassette US $8.75 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA ONE EIGHTY CD 1980 JAPANESE IMPORT WARNER BROS RELEASE US $29.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Ambrosia - How much i feel -Very Good + condition 45-RPM US $2.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia - How Can You Love Me - 7" Pic Disc MINT US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AMBROSIA 1980 One Eighty 12" Vinyl 33 LP Warner Brothers PROG ROCK VG US $9.99 [0 bids]
45 RECORD AMBROSIA- BIGGEST PART OF ME US $0.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia- Holdin' On To Yesterday / How Much I Feel -45rpm-1985 US $1.49 Buy It Now 1 day
MEAT LOAF Ambrosia Rare USA 1978 RADIO SHOW 12" VINYL rock around US $32.18 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA~BIGGEST PART OF ME b/w LIVIN' ON MY OWN~1980~7" 45 RPM~SOFT ROCK~WB US $1.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA: Biggest Part Of Me/You're The Only Woman (You & I) (45) - Back To Back US $4.95 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA: How Much Can You Love Me / Still Not Satisfied (45) Ships WORLDWIDE! US $3.95 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA: How Much I Feel / Holdin' On To Yesterday (WB, 45) Ships WORLDWIDE! US $4.95 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA: Magical Mystery Tour / Cowboy Star (20th Century, 45) Ships WORLDWIDE! US $5.95 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND L.A. WB 1978 US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia ?- Life Beyond L.A. - 1978 -- VINYL LP - WARNER HEART TO HEART US $0.99 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA One Eighty 1980 LP Record RARE US $9.66 Buy It Now 2 days
"AMBROSIA" LIFE BEYOND L.A. RARE LP WARNER BROSS sleeve with Lyrics US $9.71 Buy It Now 2 days
VG+ AMBROSIA BIGGEST PART OF ME/LIVIN' ON MY OWN 1980 45 RPM WARNER WBS-49225 US $2.98 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA Life Beyond L.A. LP US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA Road Island LP US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia Elton John Firefall Neil Diamond 4LP Lot 3 NM Shrink 1st Press See Pics US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA - LIFE BEYOND LA - WARNER BROS. RECORDS LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 2 days
TIME LIFE Singers & Songwriters 1980-1982 Various Artists 2CD 80s Ambrosia US $20.97 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia Holdin' On To Yesterday Make Us All Aware Excellent Cond 45 US $4.50 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA self-titled 1975 UK 20TH CENTURY STEREO LP US $16.10 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA SELF TITLED 33 rpm record album US $3.50 Buy It Now 2 days
AMBROSIA BRASS BAND - IN THE NEW ORLEANS BRASS BAND TRADITION * - NEW CD US $10.86 Buy It Now 2 days
Arthur-The Album/various-Chr Cross- N Larson-Ambrosia/WB/Canada/NM- HEAR US $5.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Ambrosia Self Titled Reissue 1978 -LP - M US $15.00 [0 bids]
Ambrosia Self Titled Debut 1975 -LP - M US $15.00 [0 bids]
LESTER YOUNG the president VOL 6 LP AMBROSIA AMB 60 US $21.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Somewhere I've Never Travelled by Ambrosia = VINYL LP = Die-Cut Cover US $7.46 Buy It Now 2 days
NM Coast To Coast import strk LP . Ambrosia Bonnie Raitt US $5.50 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA- YOU'RE THE ONLY WOMAN/ SHAPE I'M IN 7" 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Rock Nm! 45 Ambrosia - How Much I Feel / Ready For Camarillo On Wb Records US $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
YOU'RE THE ONLY WOMAN ambrosia 45 US $2.99 [0 bids]
VINYL LP Ambrosia - Road Island Warner Bros. Records BSK 3638 US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA LIFE BEYOND L.A. VINYL LP WITH LYRIC SHEET VG+ US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia How Much I Feel Ready For Camarillo 45 1978 WB Records WBS 8640 US $7.00 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA AMBROSIA 1975 US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
-Holst/Janácek: Orchestral Works CD Philharmonia Orchestra, Ambrosia New US $25.68 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia Ready for camarillo/How much I feel 7" vinyl Warner Bros US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
1980 Ambrosia "You're The Only Woman- Shape I'm In" 45 US $1.99 Buy It Now 3 days
1975 Ambrosia "Holdin' On To Yesterday-Make Us All Aware" 45 US $1.99 Buy It Now 3 days
1975 "Ambrosia" Stereo LP US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
~ AMBROSIA LP VINYL RECORD "LP/album copy of LIFE BEYOND L.A. by AMBROSIA. US $9.99 [0 bids]
Ambrosia - How Much I Feel - Original issues US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me - Original issues US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
AMBROSIA - LIVIN' ON MY OWN / BIGGEST PART OF ME (WBS49225) great record! US $1.99 [0 bids]
Chuck GIRARD ~ orig 1975 Christian rock debut LP w/Toto,Ambrosia US $4.77 Buy It Now 3 days
Ambrosia: Pic Disc 45 rpm WB 1982 K17933P London Import US $5.00 [0 bids]
AMBROSIA "Life Beyond L.A." LP BSK 3135 CANADA US $1.00 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy AMBROSIA music online Buy AMBROSIA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AMBROSIA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AMBROSIA Live at the Galaxy ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(33%)

AMBROSIA Live at the Galaxy reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
1 stars 1.5 stars really!!

Until recently, I had no idea Ambrosia dinosaur had survived the 80's ice age, or that they had reformed in the semi-comatosed late 90's. And they actually toured for a couple/few years. And he we get a live album that doesn't specify in which year, but at least gives us the Galaxy club as venue. With three out of four original members, but not the all-important David Packs, Ambrosia hit the road as a sextet, including the Ollestad brothers (both multi-instrumentalists) and lead guitarist Jackson. I have always thought that the addition of musicians in a group was not always a good thing past the quartet being transformed into a quintet, usually this bringing a lot of watering down in the band's musical propos. And with ambrosia, which I was never a fan of, this passage from quartet to septet is more than alarming, it would be downright pre-occupying if a cared a single little bit about them.

Although I had appreciated their-Steely Dan-derived debut (except those two ugly AOR hits), tolerated their APP-cloned second album, hated everything afterwards, so I had some kind of hope after seeing the track list proposed: about half the tracks came from their debut, the rest coming mostly from the third and fourth album, once the group stopped pretending "prog" attributes. But from the outset, there was no doubt about it though, the track list proposed made this a "greatest hits of-live" album

Alas, my hopes were quickly trashed as the sextet lost all of their debut album's subtleties, and the tracks coming from it have been watered down to pure 100% mindless AOR juice, made from concentrates, but no pulp added. Right from the start, Ambrosia gives us the hideous Nice, Very Nice turd that plagued later 70's FM stations, but the other Holdin' Out To Yesterday, Drink Of Water & Times Waits For No One arte peppered around the succession of AOR mouthwash basin that's called their repertoire. While probably the best tracks of theirs, it seems that even as a sextet, they can't seem to recuperate from Packs' absence, and these tracks are executed fairly but don't come up to the waist level of the studio versions, the Steely Dan-ish feel having disappeared.

Yet, these I just mentioned are actually the top of the iceberg quality-wise, because it's all downhill from that moment on. The three tracks from the fourth album are actually more faithfully rendered than the above-mentioned debut album songs. But the songwriting is simply uninventive, AOR-ish and puke-inducing love ditties. Only one track comes from the symphonically-pomp Somewhere album: the title track, which gets butchered a bit because the strings are missing. BTW: don't get your hopes up, the Beatles cover is atrocious. There are two tracks I couldn't place through their five albums, but one of those is a new track from the Ollestad newcomers, and it sounds perfectly Ambrosia-esque, while the Mama Don't Understand was just one more of the same.

Musically, outside the drumming, the musos are more than apt (but they're six instead of four), but they sound like Journey or Rep Speedwagon. So obviously if you like the last two bands named, run for this album, you're probably in for a treat, because the sound is excellent and AOR-wise, this is indeed their greatest hits done live. But the more meaningful tracks of their first two albums are inconspicuously absent (one man is absent), which reinforces my poor opinion of this "thing".

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#166277) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 10, 2008

4 stars This first live CD by Ambrosia is wonderfully recorded. To hear songs like Drink Of Water and Time Waits For No One live is a dream come true. This is Ambrosia captured as they now sound in 2002 and it is amazing. It is a must have CD for all Ambrosia fans even though David Pack is no longer wit ... (read more)

Report this review (#125073) | Posted by philhepple | Thursday, June 07, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of AMBROSIA "Live at the Galaxy "