TUDO FOI FEITO PELO SOL

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Os Mutantes Tudo Foi Feito Pelo Sol album cover

Buy OS MUTANTES Music
Studio Album, released in 1974

1. Deixe Entrar Um Pouco D'Água No Quintal (5:04)
2. Pitágoras (6:55)
3. Desanuviar (8:08)
4. Eu Só Penso Em Te Ajudar (4:55)
5. Cidadão Da Terra (5:51)
6. O Contrário Do Nada É Nada (2:55)
7. Tudo Foi Feito Pelo Sol (8:43)

Bonus Tracks on 2006 release:
8. Cavaleiros Negros (8:36)
9. Tudo Bem (4:23)
10. Balada Do Amigo (3:34)

Search OS MUTANTES Tudo Foi Feito Pelo Sol lyrics

Search OS MUTANTES Tudo Foi Feito Pelo Sol tabs

- Sergio Dias Baptista / guitars, sitar, lead vocals
- Túlio Mourão / piano, Hammond organ, MiniMoog, vocals
- A. Pedro de Medeiros / bass, backing vocals
- Rui Motta / drums, percussion, backing vocals

LP Som Livre 410.6001 (1974 Brazil)
CD Som Livre (2006 Brazil)

and to Rivertree for the last updates

OS MUTANTES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy OS MUTANTES Tudo Foi Feito Pelo Sol Music

Tudo Foi Feito Pelo SolTudo Foi Feito Pelo Sol
Som Livre 2002
Audio CD$24.99 (used)

More places to buy OS MUTANTES music online Buy OS MUTANTES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for OS MUTANTES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

OS MUTANTES Tudo Foi Feito Pelo Sol ratings distribution

OS MUTANTES Tudo Foi Feito Pelo Sol reviews

Review by Prog-Brazil
4 stars The best album by Mutantes, in my opinion. After Rita Lee left the band, they recorded three progressive albums: "O A e o Z"; this one and "Ao Vivo" (live, but with new songs). "Pitágoras" is an instrumental song, others are sung in portuguese. "Desanuviar" and "Tudo Foi Feito Pelo Sol" are the best ones. You must check it.

Send comments to Prog-Brazil (BETA) | Report this review (#28678) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Review by Atkingani
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Well, I was wondering (wandering?) if Mutantes came from Europe or North America, considering their history, their music, their problems, etc. they could easily top with some 'giants' of the prog-rock as a whole. Instead of half dozen or little more reviews - mostly made by Brazilians, their albums should have hundreds of reviews and several threads on our forum.

The fact is that they were really great - dinosaurs, in the best sense of the word. It is obvious also that they influenced many bands of other parts although they rarely credit them but several known and celebrated musicians, prog and non-prog, when visiting Brazil are seen searching for their work, for some bootleg, some information not only for enjoying Mutantes' sound but also to drain some different tune or chord - even when they were done more than 30 years ago!

This album "Tudo Foi Feito Pelo Sol" is the climax of a career that started back in 1965 when 2 garage rock bands joined to form an experimental new one called O'Seis that recorded one single so rare and pursued like the Sword of Alexander. Later they changed their name to Mutantes, the pre-history ended and began the history that reached its enlightment era with the present album.

All songs are apparently similar, giving this album the contours of a conceptual one, but this work never sound boring or uninteresting. It flows accordingly and even some production flaws are easily excused - they tried to be and to do the best they could and it's also identified along the tracks that exsudates honesty and sincerity. I am not going to pick any particular song for not being unfair with the album itself and the listeners themselves. All are hearable and pleasant and deserve to be heard.

Ok, this album is much more a landmark than a masterpiece, hence a fantastic, splendid, obligatory add to any music collection. Total: 4.

Send comments to Atkingani (BETA) | Report this review (#65862) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 21, 2006

Review by loserboy
5 stars Os Mutantes are best known for their psychedelic 60's output with lead vocalist Rita Lee, but they managed to sneak in and record in 1974 a simply fantastic album that deserves lots of attention. I should start by mentioning that Rita Lee had left the band by the time of recording "Tudo foi feito pelo sol" (All Are Made For The Sun) and vocal duties were handed over to Túlio Mourão. Musically this quartet took a plunge into the land of prog rock and the end result is an album full of beautiful melodies and complex instrumental interplay of the best progressive rock one can find. The vocal harmonies are abundant and work to perfection on the album in combination with the symphonic keyboards of Mourão. Of course there is even a sitar or two tossed into the mix which completes this album. Piano, synths, organ, bass , guitar, drums and an album full of passion and emotion... .what else can you ask for. Definitely a highly recommended album.

Send comments to loserboy (BETA) | Report this review (#85743) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 04, 2006

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
4 stars Always the Sun ...

This is the first album for me to judge from OS MUTANTES. I have no comparison with the former released albums with Rita Lee in the line-up. Excepting the portuguese vocals the music sounds very british - space/psychedelic elements have the priority. Especially the guitars are often similar to MAN albums at this time.

Deixa Entrar Um Pouco D'Agua No Quintal is a very good opener with great variety. Pedro de Medeiros takes care of a strong fusion touch with his bass. Pitágoras is an amazing instrumental. The song has a symphonic flavour depending on the good moog and piano playing by Túlio Mourão. Unfortunately the track is only 7 minutes long. Desanuviar is a psychedelic atmospheric ballad and Sérgio Dias Baptista adds some asian feelings with his suitar at the end. Tudo Foi Feito Pelo Sol belongs to the best songs though the beginning sounds heavily like 'Hold your head up' from ARGENT. But afterwards the band is spinning very sweet melodies supported by beautiful vocals - surprisingly gliding into a groovy bluesy end with guitar playing which remembers me at AGITATION FREE.

The other songs I've not mentioned are also interesting to hear. But not so important for me because they are in a more Rock n' Roll mood. My summary: very enjoyable - an excellent production which can compete with european space/psychedelic productions without any difficulties.

Send comments to Rivertree (BETA) | Report this review (#117663) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 08, 2007

3 stars I'm sure this band was popular in Brazil back in the seventies as they have accessible songs that are quite catchy. Yes there are lots of spacey moments throughout.

The first track really stands out from the rest, and not in a good way in my opion.This has a DEEP PURPLE flavour to it with the screaming vocals that come and go and the hammond organ. Nothing spacey about this track,and the vocal harmonies bug me too. "Pitag Oras" is an instrumental with a piano / guitar melody leading off as drums come rumbling in. "Desanuviar" is more like it, as spacey synths and vocals create a dreamy soundscape for 3 1/2 minutes when it gets a little heavier but still remains spacey. Some sitar later on in this slower paced tune that is my favourite.

"Eu So Penso Em Te Ajudar" features lots of piano including a solo.The vocals are quite passionate. "Cidadao Da Terra" has it's focus on the vocals. Some excellent drumming and organ work on this one. Piano, drums and vocals dominate "O Contrario De Nada E Nada", while the final and longest song "Tudo Foi Fieto Pelo Sol" is mostly mellow with some vocal melodies.

Yes I do like this record, but not as much as most here on the site do. 3 stars. It does have some nice moments on it though.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#146464) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 22, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars With this album "Os Mutantes" confirmed in a certain way their proggy move which they initiated in their previous album. But it is of course a daunting task to supersedes "OAEOZ" or even to match it.

The start of this album is somewhat difficult to apprehend. The opening number almost sounding heavy while "Pitágoras" is fully ELP-ish and features a very good piano work, complex and varied. The mood goes from the sweetest delicacy to a much stronger band work. A highlight.

It is very different from the sensitiveness of a song like "Desanuviar". Almost an Italian symphonic song. It is a real pleasure to listen to this band while he sounds like this. From a sweet intro, the song builds up crescendo and ends up in a great maelstrom of keyboards. It is not really elaborate, but so pleasant and accessible. This is my favorite track on "Tudo Foi.".

The band also got back to some rocking mood, like they were used to in some earlier works. This aspect of their music is not the one I prefer. I always feel them just average ("Eu Só Penso.").

The title track is the longest one of this album and to some extent, it is a combination of both atmospheres one can get on this album. Fine and melodic vocals, superb symphonic music combined with a jazzier approach during the final part. Another very good song.

It's a pity that the "Mutantes" didn't dig further into their most prog inspiration. As such, three stars for this good album (but too much dedicated to pure rock music).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#171821) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Review by ProgShine
COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions and Crossover Team
5 stars 01. Deixe Entrar Um Pouco D'Água No Quintal S the entry of battery Rui, more keyboards and palms forward, in unison all the beautiful singing lyrics composed by John himself. Sergio Dias has the most beautiful voice in the whole history of the national rock, just to hear it. The guitars and keyboards permeate the whole song so superb. When Sergio starts to sing the second song pate of regret. Log then eat the loose soil, and return the unison, emphasis on the attacks of Pedro Antonio in bass. Túlio on keyboards is an eternal highlight throughout the disc. Mutants was perfect at that time.

02. Pitagoras It starts with a piano and guitar smart 'shouting' in all directions, making turns in the head, the Brazilian melor guitarist is playing, excuse me, are silent. When you come down and battery is a case of love, the riff is played by Antonio divine, simple and wonderful. And more guitars in the background of everything, a divine restlessness in an infinite ground as the music of them. In the second part of the sound, things change so radical, moving deeper into the mind yet. That end! Agoniante and beautiful! What then to do a guitar back together with the piano. Perfect!

03. Desanuviar I thought that word did not exist when I heard the disc for the first time (laughter), but it exists. Means clear the time, that moment when the clouds go away and the time is clear and beautiful. (more laughter). Turning the song. Unwind painting is a beautiful and magnificent. Sergio hear singing is a gift, while Túlio destroys the Moog. Vai although cloud, go away and do not come anymore. Beautiful! In the middle of the song appears (in the words of Antonio Pedro himself) doing a bishop sermon, which was recorded from a FM radio of the time, it is difficult to understand what he speaks, but it was sensational. The timbre of the instruments of the boys then without a shadow of a doubt are unparalleled, a whim. Back to the letters ... ... ... .. Without words. The staff also caprichou in vocalizations (all band that pride must have good Vocalizations, values the music too). After it explodes, bad time to order! Bad? As Sergio is playing sitar? Impossible.

04. Eu Só Penso Em Te Ajudar Ah, this is a desbunde, And the award for best singer in the world goes to ... Sergio Dias, especially for his work in sensational track I think I just help you in all of the disk was made by Sun in 1974. Exaggeration? I think not! Listen. (Sensacional middle forward! Nonsense total).

05. Cidadão Da Terra Riff great input! Hammonds scattered, low eating loose, destroying the entire battery, guitar? Need to talk? Totally hippie wanders the letter 'I am not here nor there I am in any place / My passport is space am citizen of the earth ...' Without equal. The instrumental end of the song is a case in part because we know that we are the best musicians on the planet.

06. O Contrário De Nada É Nada Anthem of Rock! This music could be. From the beginning the letter existentialist lively, catchy melody. 'If the Greeks and Trojans attack and no longer has his feet where step'. Sensacional Túlio this letter. More emphasis pros voice. The shorter, but the most exciting of the disk, not cost anything more touching in this song KISS FM (Classic Rock Radio on which I very strange, because only play 'classic' ... but do not have national rock classic? Cadê them in programming. And when they touch, touch Titans, Legião Urbana, Ira!, Lobão, love nothing against anyone, but where 's and the classics? Mutants, A Barca Do Sol, Tellah, Sound day our daily, SPT SPT, which shame.)

07. Tudo Foi Feito Pelo Sol It is beautiful! Melody and lyrics in a perfect marriage that always tells me that there is hope for all. Hope lost? Listen to this song. Here at home when I put the song strangely my younger sister singing along (almost the entire disc in fact), and she looks just like fashions. When I ask how this happened? She answered: In both you hear this disc and I just love decorating! I need to say more?

On a scale from 1 to 10 is 100, and 1-100 is 1,000. A captivating disc from a band that was great. Sergio at that stage was the most expensive in the world [%*!#]ing prog. Everyone should know him by this part, not a mockery of Tropicália trsite of pseudo intelligent as Gil and Caetano (which are strangely respected but are absurdly without talent), the world Jaggers and Richards reverence of life that they are only arremedos while great bands and artists do not have the proper respect. Have you heard Mopho? Pipodélica? Charme Chulo, Pedra?

All are beautiful national bands. Absolutely not! But bands without any piece of bone in telent radios in touch every day.

www.progshine.com

Send comments to ProgShine (BETA) | Report this review (#196920) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 02, 2009

Review by Warthur
3 stars Coming at a point in Os Mutantes career where the influence of that distinctly Brazilian style of psychedelia known as tropicalia had ebbed from their music to be replaced by wide-ranging and globally informed progressive rock, Tudo Foi Feito Pelo Sol is a convincing prog workout that makes space for extended instrumental jams which combine a few psychedelic undertones with a decent standard of musicianship. Fumbling around for a new direction in the wake of the departure of a number of key members of the band, at points the combination puts me in mind of early Krautrock bands, particularly a less Middle Eastern-flavoured Agitation Free or a less tripped-out Amon Duul II. In short, it's the sound of Os Mutantes entering a mutated maturity, though I keep getting the nagging feeling whilst listening to it that I'd be happier just giving Tanz der Lemminge another spin.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#1126533) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 02, 2014

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
3 stars Reputedly the reason why Polygram did not release ''O "A" e o "Z" in time was because the members of Os Mutantes were recording the album under the experience of LSD drugs.This prooved to be a fact, when Arnaldo Baptista left the band in 1973, following depression symptoms due to the use of LSD and the end of his marriage.Dinho Leme also left the band in 1974, followed by Liminho, who abandoned the ship after inner disagreements.Sergio Dias Baptista found himself alone, but decided to move on with new members.Tulio Mourao on keyboards, Antonio Pedro on bass and Rui Motta on drums, all joined in the same year and the new formation recorded the album ''Tudo foi feito pelo sol'' for the Som Livre label.

Change of members brought reasonably a slight change in sound for Os Mutantes, which remained deeply progressive but a bit more on the psychedelic side compared to the more symphonic sound of their non-released previous sessions.All newcomers had fully adapted the band's spirit towards intricate and challenging arrangements and the style presented here is a YES/FLASH-influenced Progressive Rock with less emphasis on symphonic arrangements and a tendency towards innovative rhythms and atmospheres with Classical, jazzy and spacey nuances.Of course the piano interludes and the frantic time signatures are still involved in the music of Os Mutantes, there is also a good bunch of interplays with a British Prog color, but the addition of the former psychedelic elements and the surface of jazzy lines led the band towards more loose structures with long instrumental parts.Acoustic inventions and changing keyboard parts may remind of the mighty GENTLE GIANT or compatriots TERRENO BALDIO at some point with the band still sinking into complex Progressive Rock patterns.You should pay attention though to the softer textures with the synths and the calm rhythms in evidence, the creation of spacey keyboard soundscapes and the smooth vocal department.''Tudo foi feito pelo sol'' sounds like a mix of the old and new Os Mutantes in the very end.It's still a very British-sounding band, which now explores the more outlandish vibes of PINK FLOYD along with the return of some early textures from their psychedelic days.

Interesting even if a bit of a chaotic release without certain consistency.A mixture of extended psychedelic and spacey instrumentals with captivating inspirations from Classic Prog and Jazz Rock.Recommended.

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#1284619) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 27, 2014

5 stars Os Mutantes last album, for real. After O 'A' E O 'Z', those guys keep the prog rolling, and this is one of the best prog albums from Brazil. It was underrated by media. From the first track, Deixe Entrar Um Pouco D'Água No Quintal (one of the highlights of the album) to last, I have not fo ... (read more)

Report this review (#960150) | Posted by VOTOMS | Thursday, May 16, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This review is based on the new 2006 Digipack CD release . So, finally someone in the label Som Livre Haas awakened and included the there songs from the Single "Cavaleiros Negros" as bonus in the "Tudo Foi Feito Pelo Sol" Album !! Mutantes was one of the first bands to start making Progressive ... (read more)

Report this review (#143066) | Posted by madtrek | Tuesday, October 09, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars How can I speak about this extraordinary album? This is not my fisrt album by Mutantes (I bought Ao Vivo before), but this one is a killer. The cover with 'egg painting' and the golden colors are so pretty. 1-Deixa Entrar Um Pouco D'Água No Quintal (Let A Little Water In The Garden) is formidab ... (read more)

Report this review (#66163) | Posted by | Sunday, January 22, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars "Tudo Foi Feito Pelo Sol" is really the best Mutantes' album! Besides musicianship, the lyrics are worth of a prog classic. This album shows, above all, the musical matureness of Sérgio Dias, who grouped a great team to build it. Ruy Motta simply fulminates the drums! Túlio Mourão keyboards are th ... (read more)

Report this review (#64146) | Posted by | Tuesday, January 10, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is probaly the Mutante's most underrated album. After Rita Lee left the band, Arnaldo and Sergio Dias were a little lost. Arnaldo's evergrowing genius position the band entirely within the progressive rock genre with "O A e o Z", that was already pointed at with "Mutante e Seus Cometas no ... (read more)

Report this review (#28677) | Posted by | Wednesday, September 15, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of OS MUTANTES "Tudo Foi Feito Pelo Sol"