CARGO

3. Finding Out (5:14)
4. Summerfair (15:35)

Total time 40:16

Bonus tracks on 1993 CD release:
5. Choker (1971 Single) (3:52)
6. Lydia Purple (1971 Single) (3:51)
7. Telly Rose (1971 Single) (4:01)
8. If Mr. Right Comes Along (1971 Single) (4:23)
9. Little Sister (1970 Single) (3:41)
10. Walk On By (1970 Single) (2:59)
11. Run Away (Demo) (3:14)
12. One More Change (Demo) (2:35)

- Jan De Hont / guitar
- Adrie De Hont / guitar
- Dennis Whitbraad / drums

With:
- Hessel De Vries / vocals & Fender Rhodes (7,8)
- Jan "Ador" Otting / Hammond organ (9,10)
- Jerry Gobel / drums (7,8)
- Frans Smit / drums (9,10)
- Frans "Snuffel" Krachten / drums (11,12)

LP Harvest ‎- 5C 052-24582 (1972, Netherlands)
LP Pseudonym ‎- VP99.005 (1999, Netherlands)

CD Pseudonym ‎- CDP 1006 DD (1993, Netherlands) Remastered with 8 bonus tracks from band "September"

and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy CARGO Cargo Music

CargoCargo
$21.99
Jazz Rap Volume One - Cargo 7Jazz Rap Volume One - Cargo 7" 45
Calibre

Christopher Tignor : Thunder Lay Down in the Heart CD (2014) USD $5.92 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Jean-Herve Peron : Fini! CD (2008) USD $16.99 Buy It Now 3h 4m
Enjoy : Another Word for Joy CD (2016) USD $9.81 Buy It Now 3h 40m
The Smoking Trees : The Archer and the Bull CD (2016) USD $7.49 Buy It Now 3h 40m
William Orbit ?- Strange Cargo I - III - 3 CD USD $17.17 Buy It Now 4h 7m
The Lodger : Flashbacks CD (2010) USD $6.59 Buy It Now 4h 14m
Dan Haywood : Dapple CD (2013) USD $6.41 Buy It Now 4h 43m
Table Scraps : Autonomy CD (2018) ***NEW*** Brian James USD $8.83 [0 bids]
LP< USD $14.00 Buy It Now 5h 14m
MY UNCLE THE WOLF - My Uncle The Wolf CD BRAND NEW & SEALED! USD $14.18 Buy It Now 5h 48m
ENSLAVEMENT OF BEAUTY - TRACES O' RED NEW CD USD $21.31 Buy It Now 6h 16m
LP< USD $15.00 Buy It Now 6h 53m
David & Steve Gordon : Drum Cargo-Rhythms of Fire CD USD $7.20 Buy It Now 8h
MEN AT WORK Cargo QCT 38660 Cassette Tape USD $5.50 Buy It Now 8h 5m
CARGO DE NUIT embarquement immediat LP 1985 docker USD $24.18 Buy It Now 8h 46m
Johnny Thunders : Acoustic Thunders CD (2012) USD $8.29 Buy It Now 8h 50m
Merchandise : (Strange Songs) in the Dark CD (2015) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 9h 4m
Quantum Jump CD (2002) USD $13.29 Buy It Now 9h 10m
The Rugbys HOT CARGO Amazon YOU-I LP SEALED 1969 Guitar Psych Fuzz FEVER TREE USD $19.98 Buy It Now 9h 11m
The Hunches : Yes. No. Shut It. CD (2002) USD $14.74 Buy It Now 9h 30m
David Van Tiegham Strange Cargo Cassette Tape 14z USD $2.99 Buy It Now 9h 53m
CHRIS CARGO - Question - 2002 UK 2-Track 12" Vinyl Single USD $13.21 Buy It Now 10h 8m
MEN AT WORK " CARGO " UK CASSETTE ALBUM 1983 EPIC EPC 40-25372 USD $6.60 Buy It Now 10h 11m
Four 80 East: The Album USD $4.76 Buy It Now 10h 34m
Cherubs - Uncovered by Heartbeat (2005) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST USD $7.87 Buy It Now 10h 58m
Ultracide Junkyard - CD - Single - **BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED** USD $26.95 Buy It Now 11h 5m
Strange Cargo Million Town 12" VINYL N-GRAM Recordings 1995 USD $13.21 Buy It Now 11h 16m
Karl Blau : Nature's Got Away CD (2008) USD $11.00 Buy It Now 11h 18m
Supersuckers - The Evil Powers Of Rock 'n' Roll Cargo Records Germany import USD $75.00 Buy It Now 11h 22m
Trouble Is A Lonesome Town CD (2000) USD $5.25 Buy It Now 11h 26m
Adrian Orange : Give to Love What Loves CD (2007) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 11h 38m
Jazz Rap Volume One CABL 205 (Cargo (2) - 1985) (ID:14853) USD $10.00 Buy It Now 11h 56m
Love You So Vinyl (Without You) (Remixed Vers (Cargo (2)) MKHAN 73 P (ID:14879) USD $10.00 Buy It Now 11h 56m
Venus Again By Vents On Audio CD Album 1997 Very Good USD $4.94 Buy It Now 12h 28m
Royal Hunt - Cargo NEW CD USD $12.57 Buy It Now 13h 3m
Men At Work Cargo Near Vinyl LP VG + record Cover Columbia QC-38660 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 13h 12m
Men At Work vinyl LP album record Cargo Japanese promo 25.3P-427 EPIC 1983 USD $25.05 Buy It Now 13h 44m
Steve Azar & The Kings Men: Down at the Liquor Store CD 2017 USD $6.75 Buy It Now 13h 55m
Mirah And Spectratone International : Share This Place: Stories and USD $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 13m
SMP Stalemate CD 1995 Re-Constriction Records Cargo Industrial Punk Electro USD $4.37 Buy It Now 14h 14m
Hot Cargo Ernestine Anderson LP Mercury Records VG+ 1958 USD $9.95 Buy It Now 14h 15m
MEN AT WORK Cargo LP Columbia 38660 US 1982 VG++ IN SHRINK W/ PROMO STICKER 03E USD $9.09 Buy It Now 14h 44m
Various Artists : Let's Lazertag Sometime CD (2006) 751937512523 [T10] USD $5.14 Buy It Now 15h 26m
Strange Cargo: Hinterland Strange Cargo, Orbit, William Audio CD USD $6.36 Buy It Now 15h 56m
Men At Work - Cargo (Cassette Album) USD $5.29 Buy It Now 16h 4m
THE BOLLOCK BROTHERS DANCIN' 'Masters (Past & Present) NEW USD $9.50 Buy It Now 16h 23m
Tender Touch 12in (Cargo - 1983) KOW 33 (T) (ID:15379) USD $10.00 Buy It Now 17h 26m
Tender Touch 12in (Cargo - 1983) KOW 33 (T) (ID:15379) USD $9.00 Buy It Now 17h 26m
The Black Heart Procession Self Titled Lp Tested vg+ indie rock lp rock vinyl lp USD $26.00 Buy It Now 17h 35m
Black Widow - Sleeping with Demons (CD, 2011) USD $13.21 Buy It Now 17h 37m
DUMONTE, VIC - PERSONA NON GRATA NEW VINYL USD $19.09 Buy It Now 18h 51m
LUNA SOL - BLOOD MOON USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $14.16 Buy It Now 18h 55m
Magic Car : Family Matters CD (2005) USD $3.99 Buy It Now 19h 37m
Men At Work "Cargo" 1982 Vinyl LP USD $2.00 [0 bids]
USD $15.00 Buy It Now
Jaye Bartell : Light Enough CD (2016) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 20h 17m
MALHAVOC Get Down CD, Original 1994 Industrial Death Metal, MINISTRY, GODFLESH USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Heart Drops from the Great Space CD (2003) USD $3.99 Buy It Now 20h 47m
Loch Lomond : Pens from Spain CD (2016) USD $4.98 Buy It Now 21h 11m
Minus The Bear : They Make Beer Commercials Like This [us Import] CD (2004) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 21h 12m
LUNA SOL - BLOOD MOON NEW VINYL RECORD USD $35.22 Buy It Now 21h 23m
LUNA SOL - BLOOD MOON NEW CD USD $17.26 Buy It Now 21h 23m
LESS THAN JAKE - GREETINGS & SALUTATIONS NEW VINYL RECORD USD $27.82 Buy It Now 23h 13m
GRAVEYARD TRAIN - TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE NEW VINYL RECORD USD $23.26 Buy It Now 23h 15m
GRAVEYARD TRAIN - TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE NEW VINYL RECORD USD $21.66 Buy It Now 23h 15m
GRAVEYARD TRAIN - HOLLOW / ORANGE VINYL NEW VINYL RECORD USD $24.32 Buy It Now 23h 15m
Toquiwa : Toquiwa CD (2012) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 23h 55m
1969 PSYCH ROCK - THE RUGBYS - HOT CARGO LP - AMAZON AM # 1000 USD $31.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Baila Baila Baila: 1943-1948 CD (2000) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Poison CD (2006) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MEN AT WORK_Cargo_used VINYL LP_ships from AUS!_zz160_shE2r USD $5.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Maribel : Reveries CD (2012) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Live and Loud!! [Link/Cargo] by Infa-Riot (CD, Jun-1... USD $14.35 Buy It Now 1 day
ROYAL HUNT-CARGO LIVE 2015-JAPAN 2 CD BONUS TRACK I45 USD $35.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Edge of Sanity - Until Eternity Ends, EP - CD, 2002 Black Mark Canada. Cargo Rec USD $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Cashmeres and Cargos Seemore Cash CD USD $25.17 Buy It Now 1 day
MARS cargo CD USD $47.06 Buy It Now 1 day
Blink-182 Cheshire Cat CD NEW SEALED USD $2.63 Buy It Now 1 day
Madrid - Madrid (2000) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST USD $7.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Goldcard CD (2003) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Men At Work - Cargo - CD Album - 10 Great Tracks - 1982 - 10 Great Tracks USD $18.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Dat Politics : Are Oui Phony CD (2006) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ROYAL HUNT - CARGO USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $10.18 Buy It Now 1 day
WILLIAM ORBIT Strange cargo 2 NEW WAVE USD $7.76 Buy It Now 1 day
GRAVITY PIRATES THIS WAY TO THE CARGO CULT survival Australia Alt Rock nr MINT USD $13.21 Buy It Now 1 day
The Brian Setzer Orchestra : Dig That Crazy Christmas CD (2007) USD $3.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Tyla's Dogs D 'amour - Nocturnal Nomad (2CD + DVD Box Set, 2018) USD $22.46 Buy It Now 1 day
Cargo Men At Work Vinyl Record USD $19.76 Buy It Now 1 day
William Orbit - Strange Cargo 2 CD USD $6.60 Buy It Now 1 day
vintage 1983 vinyl album -MEN AT WORK Cargo - Columbia QC38660 (nice) USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Landing : Sphere CD (2004) USD $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Tout Seul Dans La Foret En Plein Jour, Avez-vous Peur? CD (2007) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Four Steps Toward a Cultural Revolution CD (2004) USD $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Breath of Fire CD (2007) USD $11.63 Buy It Now 1 day
Capitol Custom record and sleeve The Kingston Trio Cool Cargo USD $19.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Calvin Johnson : What Was Me CD (2002) USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JAZZ ROCK LP - PACIFIC ORCHESTRA - MIDNIGHT MAGIC (1978) CARGO 666 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Cult Cargo: Belize City Boil Up (CD, Oct-2005, Blood... USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Wreath CD (2005) USD $8.46 Buy It Now 1 day
?MEN AT WORK?CARGO?DEMO?NEVER PLAYED?COLUMBIA?QC 38660?c1983?MINT CONDITION? USD $38.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bilal : Airtight's Revenge CD (2010) USD $4.38 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy CARGO music online Buy CARGO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

CARGO Cargo ratings distribution

CARGO Cargo reviews

Review by loserboy
5 stars As far as I know CARGO only managed to release in their short history a few 7" singles and one killer album on Harvest records back in 1972. Comprised of dual guitarists (Jan De Hoyt and Ad De Hont), bass (Willem De Vries) and drummer (Dennis Whitbread), CARGO deliver some pretty magical musical expressions of classic rock and progressive all in one. Obviously this is heavy guitar driven music with clever bass and drum interplay. Lead vocalist Willem De Vries has one of those amazing rock voices which you swear you have heard before and in many ways completes this album. When the twin guitars get crackling along we are provided some of the most thought provoking music you will ever hear. Up until now this gem of an album was not available and through Pseudonym records we are now able to enjoy a re-mastered transfer with their earlier 7" singles as bonus tracks as well. Breathtaking and inspired music for your mind.

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
4 stars If this had been the Cargo album alone , it might have gained another halfstar but the bonus tracks are from their previous group called September actually ruin (a bit) the wholeness of the album. Although not bad in themselves , those tracks add absolutely nothing to Cargo and even ruin slightly the pleasure. On Cargo itself there is no flaws at all if it was not that this is a lone album and a pity they only made this one . Very exciting guitar work from the De Hont brother who have learned to work together quite early in their lives , one can hear it on here. Their interplay is really delicious and they do not try to outdo the other and remind me of the twin lead guitar from Wishbone Ash in their heyday (Argus & Pilgrimmage)
Review by Carl floyd fan
4 stars Sometimes you have to wonder what people were smoking back in the day. How you could space out and let so many good albums pass you by is a mystery to me. This album is no exception, it is very good. It is a little heavy and I would not label it as art rock. Art rock tends to be shorter, more pop oriented songs. These songs are a lot longer and include very long jams. Well, its a shame many of the baby boomers don't know who cargo is when I talk music with them. Many of the albums I have reviewed on this site seem (I am only 20) to have been ignored when they were released. Were people just to stoned and lazy to check out anything beyond deep purple, zeppelin and the beatles? With the lack of musical variety today, I grow jealous of all the possibilities people had in the 70s. So many good bands were passed by back than..spring, CARGO, the flock and so many others.
Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars So who's smuggling this Cargo now ? Nobody, so let this be the first review after little bit more than 5 years (!!!), even it's still better than after 6 years.

Album consists of 4 quite long tracks and 8 bonus tracks. At first I thought this has some kind of epic concept story about a ship, or about shipyard, workers that carries cargo from point A to point B, something like that.

Piter (I mean) Willem De Vries provides fine vocals, that's true, even most of the times, these songs are filled by solos. They are the main predator of this album. At first I wanted to mention this in connection to 1st track, but I realized that all of these tracks has fine, long guitar soloing, improvisation-like patterns and other goodies. This suggest to some kind of Psychedelic elements too.

Bonus tracks aren't so good from Prog point of view (even more Rock and even one Beatlesque), but they're enjoyable.

4(-), may be too "classic rocking" for some.

Review by friso
4 stars Cargo - Cargo (1972)

Dutch one hit wonder Cargo has a lot to offer for listeners of hard rock / jamband/ psychedelic / progressive. With a steady hard rock sound and production, a bit like how Camel would sound a year later, and four lengthy tracks with some catchy themes and long instrumental sections this album is very good throughout, without ever reaching a zenith. Just a steady listen and a great 1972 rock sound. Some psychedelic flavours, but never 'strange-sounding', well grounded use of experimental effects. On side two the vocals on Finding Out and Summerfair are surprisingly spot on. The remind me a bit of Stephen Stills. The last track Summerfair outstays its welcome a bit; if you'd study this guitar solo you'd end up knowing like every rock-guitar trick in the book haha. Still.. the ungoing steady vibe of the record is also one of its virtues. It's quite nice to listen to, maybe even relaxing. Perhaps this gem is great just because of its lack of a world-changing vision. It rocks. Like a lot.

4 stars 4.5 stars. CARGO were a Dutch band who released this sole album back in 1972. A four piece with dual lead guitars, a drummer and bassist/vocalist. I have to say this was another album that was love at first listen. Four long tracks giving the band plenty of time to jam and the two other albums I was reminded of were WISHBONE ASH's "Argus" and SATIN WHALE's "Desert Places". Melodic, pleasant, just such a feel good vibe to all of these albums with the guitars leading the way.

"Sail Inside" rocks pretty good early on with vocals helping out before we get this extended guitar driven instrumental section from after 4 minutes to almost the end. So good! Vocals are back very late to end it. A great opener. "Cross Talking" is my favourite and as the title suggests this is about the dual guitars talking back and forth. Man this was is so incredibly catchy too with some excellent drum work. I got caught sitting in the parking lot at work bobbing around and as I looked up a guy is smiling at me as he was going through the drive-thru. Funny. It's all so intricate and catchy and check it out 5 minutes in at it's most passionate.

"Finding Out" is the shortest piece at just over 5 minutes and my least favourite. It's still interesting though with the prominent bass and guitars. Vocals too and the drums are relentless. Vocals are there early on and late. "Summerfair" rivals "Cross Talking" as my favourite. A 15 1/2 minute tour de force where we get some dreamy, summertime sounds that are laid back and so enjoyable and pleasant. Lots of jamming and I really like the vocals bringing the early seventies to mind. Themes are repeated on this beauty, just a pleasure.

This should be much more well known. I prefer it to "Argus" but would rate "Desert Places" higher. A must for fans of melodic guitar driven music.

2 stars I really like dutch prog, I do indeed! But... this time I was expecting something completely different. What I hear here is jam-band reminding me of uninspired version of... Lynyrd Skynyrd. Yes, the songs are lengthy (but so is Free Bird), however they are just lengthy for the sake of mindless blues ... (read more)

Report this review (#1502138) | Posted by Quizzus | Tuesday, December 22, 2015 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is a review of the newest reissue of this album on Pseudonym Records (2012). This version is a deluxe, 2 CD edition which includes all the band's singles under the moniker September, as well as several demos. The main reason I bought this album is for, well, the album. The biggest problem ... (read more)

Report this review (#1275841) | Posted by Igor91 | Saturday, September 13, 2014 | Review Permanlink

3 stars It never ceases to amaze me how a relatively small nation in Europe manages to produce a disproportionate number of notable acts. Anything from FOCUS, SUPERSISTER, EKSEPTION, FINCH, EARTH & FIRE to KAYAK, LIVIN' BLUES - ah, just where do I stop? There must be a reason, probably a combination o ... (read more)

Report this review (#993128) | Posted by BORA | Sunday, July 7, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is the eponymous disc published by Cargo, dutch heavy prog band. Cargo consist of Willem DeVries on bass and vocals, brothers Ad and Jan De Hont on guitars, and Denis Whitbread on drums. Born as "September", they has no great success in their early career. Changed its name to Cargo, they d ... (read more)

Report this review (#793236) | Posted by Ytse_Jam | Monday, July 23, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars In October'06, I got this album for $25.00 through mail order,as I have been wanting to hear it,and when I did, I thought ''What can I say..great stuff! I would call this hard rock along the lines of 1973-era Montrose,as the singer of Cargo sounds like Sammy Hagar at times. But this is mostly ... (read more)

Report this review (#108914) | Posted by jasonpw. | Friday, January 26, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Aaahhh...extremely nice sounds are coming from this very capable dutch outfit:Cargo. They "only" did one album (and apparently some singles and stuff...note the bonus tracks 8 tracks to be exactly!!)...but what an album.....the driving force of the two guitarplayers and the solid back-up of the b ... (read more)

Report this review (#28708) | Posted by Tonny Larz | Friday, April 2, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CARGO "Cargo"