LIVE: RETURN TO FOREVER

Return To Forever Live: Return To Forever album cover

Buy RETURN TO FOREVER Music
Live, released in 1977

1. Opening '77 (7:10)
2. The Endless Night (20:23)
3. The Musician (6:58)
4. Stanley's Introduction (1:24)
5. Hello Again (6:02)
6. So Long Mickey Mouse (6:43)
7. Musicmagic (27:26)
8. Come Rain or Come Shine (3:55)
9. Serenade (14:53)
10. The Moorish Warrior and Spanish Princess (19:20)
11. Stanley's Introduction (2:02)
12. Spanish Fantasy (24:46)
13. Chick's Closing Introductions (1:09)
14. On Green Dolphin Street (9:35)

Search RETURN TO FOREVER Live: Return To Forever lyrics

Search RETURN TO FOREVER Live: Return To Forever tabs

- Jerry Brown / drums
- Stanley Clarke / bass, piccolo, vocals, bass (acoustic), piccolo bass
- Chick Corea / synthesizer, piano, voices, clavinet, Arp, Fender Rhodes, Oberheim, Mini Moog
- Joe Farrell / flute, piccolo, saxophone (Soprano), saxophone (Tenor)
- Harold Garrett / tuba, horn (Baritone), trombone (bass)
- Gayle Moran / organ, synthesizer, organ (Hammond), piano (electric), vocals, Mellotron, Mini Moog
- Ron Moss / trombone (Tenor)
- Jim Pugh / horn (Baritone), saxophone (Tenor), trombone (Tenor)
- James Tinsley / trumpet, flugelhorn, piccolo, piccolo trumpet

Columbia

and to Evolver for the last updates

RETURN TO FOREVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RETURN TO FOREVER Live: Return To Forever Music

The Mothership Returns (2CD/DVD)The Mothership Returns (2CD/DVD)
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2012
Where Have I Known You BeforeWhere Have I Known You Before
Polygram Records 1990
ReturnsReturns
Eagle Records (Fontana) 2009
Where Have I Known You Before/No MysteryWhere Have I Known You Before/No Mystery
Bear Family 2008
WEATHER REPORT / STUFF / RETURN TO FOREVER-BEST FUSION GROUP-JAPAN 3 DVD L08 US $52.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
RETURN TO FOREVER - ANTHOLOGY NEW CD US $27.33 Buy It Now 1h 34m
RETURN TO FOREVER-MUSICMAGIC-JAPAN BLU-SPEC CD2 D73 US $25.50 Buy It Now 2h 36m
CHICK COREA RETURN TO FOREVER-LIGHT AS A~-JAPAN SHM-CD D50 US $23.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
SALE!5 LP'S 4.00 POSTAGE,10 LP'S FREE POSTAGE IN U.S. RETURN TO FOREVER HYMN OF US $6.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER:LIGHT AS A FEATHER US $8.39 Buy It Now 4h 15m
Chick Corea 2Lp Set My Spanish Heart Excellent Set Return To Forever US $4.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA QUINTET Return to Forever MP2273 LP z6344 US $9.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA RETURN TO FOREVER Japan 1976 LP ROMANTIC WARRIOR US $19.99 Buy It Now 10h 36m
RETURN TO FOREVER WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YOU BEFORE LP CHICK COREA US $14.00 Buy It Now 11h 8m
Return to Forever Chick Corea RARE Japan LP No Mystery Stanley FUSION VINYL 12 US $12.00 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER CHICK COREA Japan 1981 Version NM LP NO MYSTERY US $25.99 Buy It Now 11h 52m
CHICK COREA & RETURN TO FOREVER LIGHT AS A FEATHER POLYDOR JAZZ CD US $3.00 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER CHICK COREA FLORA PURIM Japan '82 NM LP+Obi LIGHT AS A FEATHER US $39.99 Buy It Now 13h 2m
Return to Forever-Romantic Warrior. '76 Columbia Recs US $7.99 Buy It Now 14h 21m
13-0716-041 | COREA, CHICK return to forever VG/VG JAPAN MP2273 US $19.99 Buy It Now 15h 40m
13-0719-041 | RETURN TO FOREVER no mystery VG/EX JAPAN MP2470 US $18.99 Buy It Now 15h 40m
RETURN TO FOREVER CHICK CORE Where Have I Known You Before LP POLYDOR US 1974 US $7.99 Buy It Now 15h 46m
RETURN TO FOREVER - MUSICMAGIC - Near Mint - 1977 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Return To Forever US $26.21 Buy It Now 19h 11m
RETURN TO FOREVER-THE MOTHERSHIP RETURNS-JAPAN 2 CD DVD LTD I95 US $44.50 Buy It Now 22h 6m
Return to Forever Chick Corea RARE LP OBI Hymn Stanley Clarke FUSION VINYL 12 US $15.00 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER - Romantic Warrior, 12" Vinyl LP Record, Australia 1976 US $4.66 [0 bids]
23h
RETURN TO FOREVER - ROMANTIC WARRIOR (IMPORT) (BLU-SPEC) NEW CD US $32.29 Buy It Now 23h 34m
Return To Forever - Romantic Warrior [CD New] US $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Return To Forever(Vinyl LP)Romantic Warrior-CBS-81221-UK-Ex/Ex US $25.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Return To Forever & Chick Corea(Vinyl LP)Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy-UK-VG/VG US $16.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Return to Forever LP Romantic Warrior CBS 1976 US $10.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Return To Forever ?- Musicmagic ; Chick Corea Columbia ?- PC 3407 vinyl LP US $7.00 [0 bids]
Return To Forever - Musicmagic - '77 12" DJ Single! US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CHICK COREA RETURN TO FOREVER LP NO MYSTERY US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER - Live (LP, 1978) US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER Feat. CHICK COREA Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy Vinyl LP 1973 ~f US $8.46 Buy It Now 1 day
CHICK COREA AND RETURN TO FOREVER Light As A Feather (1973) Vinyl LP VG+ US $0.99 [0 bids]
Lot of 6 jazz records- Return to Forever, Commodores, Buddy Rich US $5.00 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER CASSETTE TAPE THE BEST OF RARE ASIAN ISSUE US $8.41 Buy It Now 1 day
The Anthology Return To Forever Audio CD US $24.76 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER MUSICMAGIC LP CHICK COREA STANELY CLARKE US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER featuring CHICK COREA - NO MYSTERY (PD6512) Great album! US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Return To Forever-Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy Featuring Chick Corea LP PD-5536 US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER-romantic warrior '76 UK LP ORIG+INS. JAZZ PROG. GEM! US $26.89 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER-ROMANTIC W~-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD E50 US $25.50 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER-MUSIC MAGIC-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD E50 US $25.50 Buy It Now 1 day
OOP RETURN TO FOREVER ROMANTIC WARRIOR Japan Blu Spec CD sealed new SICP-20021 US $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Return To Forever - Romantic Warrior CD US $21.03 Buy It Now 2 days
Return to Forever - Return to Forever CD OBI s/t self titled chick corea US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Return to Forever - Musicmagic CD OBI US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Return to Forever feat. Chick Corea - Light As A Feather CD OBI US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Chick Corea "Return To Forever" Original German 1st pressing - Mint/NM cover US $25.00 [0 bids]
AL DI MEOLA - CASINO - VG+ - RETURN TO FOREVER -STEVE GADD - LATIN JAZZ FUSION US $2.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER / CHICK COREA "NO MYSTERY" JAZZ FRENCH LP ! US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy Return To Forever Audio CD US $14.67 Buy It Now 2 days
Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy by Chick Corea/Return to Forever (CD, Apr-1991, Ve... US $2.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Return To Forever ?- Romantic Warrior ; Chick Corea Columbia ?- PC 3407 vinyl LP US $7.00 [0 bids]
Return To Forever Featuring Chick Corea ? Where Have I Known You Before vinyl LP US $7.00 [0 bids]
Chick Corea - Return to Forever - 1972 on ECM Records Germany Nr. ECM 1022- EX+ US $9.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA QUINTET "NM WAX" Return to Forever MP2273 LP w2632 US $9.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER - THE MOTHERSHIP RETURNS (2CD+DVD) - US $20.50 Buy It Now 2 days
CHICK COREA QUINTET Return to Forever MP2273 LP i7109 US $7.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA QUINTET Return to Forever MP2273 LP l5224 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Romantic Warrior by Return to Forever (Vinyl, Nov-2011, Music on Vinyl) US $2.50 [0 bids]
NEW-2 Disc- Forever by Chick Corea/Lenny White/Return to Forever/Stanley Clarke US $11.49 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW Return To Forever - Chick Corea US $14.48 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER Music Magic LP US $9.34 Buy It Now 2 days
Return to Forever Chick Corea CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER Where Have I Known You Before (Polydor PD 6509) Nice NM- vinyl US $1.99 [0 bids]
Return To Forever - Returns (2009, CD New) US $21.96 Buy It Now 2 days
Return to Forever featuring Chick Corea -Romantic Warrior LP - Columbia PC 34076 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Return to Forever featuring Chick Corea - No Mystery LP - Polydor Records PD6512 US $3.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER Romantic Warrior Japan mini LP SONY CD OBI US $33.00 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER Musicmagic Japan mini LP SONY CD blue OBI US $38.00 [0 bids]
MUSICMAGIC, RETURN TO FOREVER COLUMBIA 34682 US $2.49 [0 bids]
Return to Forever / Romantic Warrior 180gm Vinyl LP MOV Brand New US $34.41 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever(Vinyl LP)The Best Of-CBS-CBS 84292-UK-NM/Ex+ US $15.99 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - RETURNS 2009 [CD NEW] US $24.21 Buy It Now 3 days
Romantic Warrior by Return to Forever (Columbia (USA) US $7.78 Buy It Now 3 days
light as a feather CHICK COREA and return to forever on Polydor PD 5525 VG+ VG+ US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Return to Forever Where Have I Known You Before vinyl LP EX 1974 Chick Corea US $7.95 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER CHICK COREA - WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YUGO US $12.29 Buy It Now 3 days
Romantic Warrior by Return to Forever CD 1990 Contemporary Jazz Masters US $11.34 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever Romantic Warrior PC34076 US $9.97 Buy It Now 3 days
lot Return to Forever Hymn of Seventh Galaxy & Romantic Chick Corea 12" vinyl LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
VERY RARE CASSETTE TAPE~THE BEST OF RETURN TO FOREVER~MUSICIAN+ROMANTIC WARRIOR+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
Return To Forever "Romantic Warrior" US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
5099746820527 Romantic Warrior by Return to Forever 1991 RARE FREEPOST CD US $29.75 Buy It Now 3 days
"Classic Rock" "Return to Forever featuring Chick Corea" "Rare Lp" US $9.99 [0 bids]
Return To Forever - Anthology [CD New] US $14.57 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER ROMANTIC WARRIOR COLUMBIA 1976 US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - MUSICMAGIC LP US $11.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever featuring Chick Corea/ No Mystery/ Polydor/ 1975/ Canada/ NM- US $10.95 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER No Mystery Chick Corea Original Vinyl ENGLAND 1975 MINT/MINT US $26.00 Buy It Now 3 days
CD/Japan- RETURN TO FOREVER Romantic Warrior w/OBI RARE EARLY 1991 SRCS-7004 US $17.59 Buy It Now 4 days
Return To Forever,CD,This Is Jazz 12 US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
RETURN TO FOREVER Romantic Warrior 1976 Dutch vinyl LP 1980's CBS RE US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Return To Forever - Martin Nievera Limited Edition CD US $4.95 [0 bids]
Chick Corea- Return to Forever - "Where Have I Known You Before" LP US $3.83 Buy It Now 4 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - LIGHT AS A FEATHER [EXPANDED] [REMASTER] - NEW CD BOXSET US $18.01 Buy It Now 4 days
LIVE - RETURN TO FOREVER - COLUMBIA JC 35281 US $9.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER Where Have I Known Chick Corea US $1.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy RETURN TO FOREVER music online Buy RETURN TO FOREVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RETURN TO FOREVER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RETURN TO FOREVER Live: Return To Forever ratings distribution

RETURN TO FOREVER Live: Return To Forever reviews

Review by greenback
4 stars This is an excellent SINGLE live LP from Return to Forever. The original sleeve shows Picasso's "Three Musicans" painting placed inside a yellow/golden border. The selected tracks are excellent. There is a track having jaw-dropping complex Be-Bop and Big Band elements. Gayle Moran, the Chick Corea's wife, sings on a couples of bits. The dynamic music reaches some UNPRECEDENTED complexity: the extremely skillful musicians play live an often impossible music! Thus, everything is very structured and disciplined. There are excellent supporting brass section parts. There are no tracks of my LP coming from the "Romantic Warrior" album. The crowd favorably responds, and there is a good live ambience. The performance and complexity is comparable to the "Romantic Warrior" album itself.

Rating: 4.5 stars

Send comments to greenback (BETA) | Report this review (#29499) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 10, 2004

Review by Dick Heath
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Jazz-Rock Specialist
2 stars Bought when I was a completist*, worse I bought the version imported into the UK, and alas I have to report I was most disappointed, especially after paying well over the odds for it.

Not a fitting swansong. Not an album that gets played anymore here (cf. 'Hymn of the 7th Galaxy '- or check out the live tracks on the Verve compilation 'Return to the 7th Galaxy' for tightness).

Across the multi-disc set, you'll find extended pieces played by RTF agumented with other brass and wind players - in fact a live orchestral album. Tunes are largely taken from their CBS years (note: Columbia Records' 30 pieces of silver corrupted many a good jazzrock group in the late 70's) - IMHO, RTF sounded far better during their Polydor years. Here each of RTF have their slot. Mrs Corea too, has her's - how I dislike her sort of voice doing jazz rock, (but I should have been forewarned by the Mahavishnu Orchestra recording with symphonic orchestra and Ms Moran): too sweet, too operatic -give me Annette Peacock any time. Over-extended tunes make the whole far too loose and sloppy. At the time of this album's release, RTF were individually doing their own things live and on record - and I see this album (and therefore the associated tour) as little more than capitalising on a name.

It only just slots into the 2 star category.

(*A lesson that I took some time to learn, i.e. going on automatic pilot as soon as a new album by a favourite band was announced and rushing out to order weeks before the release date - worse having not heard a single track. Probably it took a dozen albums and 10 major diasappointments before I learnt patience and the need to hear tracks before buying).

Send comments to Dick Heath (BETA) | Report this review (#29498) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Review by Gatot
4 stars If you love jazz fusion and improvisations, and live record, this one suits you perfectly. Well, there must be reason why I choose this live set to review. Today is my full one year service writing prog music reviews in this site. Yes, I started my first write-up in 25 May 2004 with Return To Forever "Music Magic". It was actually a trial review as I was not aware that this site was so democratic that no editing was required as my write-up was displayed instantly. I loved it. And also, I thought it was the only prog site that covers the whole discography of prog bands, completely. It's probably until today, this site offers the most complete reviews of prog bands. It's good that if I like certain album of a band I can trace directly how many albums the band has already produced for reference. And today, to commemorate my one year continuous writing for this beloved website I intentionally write my 300th review with the same band.

This double CD represents full improvisations of the band's studio albums. It starts with fully improvised tune Opening '77 (7:10) that I think it was never created in studio. That's jazz man .. it can be created through a jam session on stage. Well, through this tune you can enjoy great play of Chick Corea with his electric piano; some great brass section work, bass lines and drumming. It flows seamlessly to my favorite track from Music Magic album: The Endless Night. This song is performed with an extended improvisation - three times longer than original version. The floating keyboard sound accompanied by inventive keyboard notes by Chick characterizes this song. I love this opening part. In fact this was the first song I heard the first time from the band. The combination of brass section and electric piano works is truly stunning. It's complex but it has powerful arrangement. This lengthened duration is full with solo improvisation in the middle of the track. Gayle Moran's vocal is superb. Even though Lenny White did not sit on the drum stool; replaced by Gerry Brown, the drum sounds are really excellent. Stanley Clarke that characterized the bass playing (jazz) in the seventies - with picking style is clearly demonstrated here in this track. WOW! It's a great music.

The Musician is another favorite of mine where it has driving rhythm section accentuated by brass section. It has great trombone solo and inventive bass lines. This is a high energy track that makes my adrenalin exploding. Great electric piano as well. Gayle Moran's voice is also awesome. Hello Again (6:02) is almost completely a jazz track in mellow style. So Long Mickey Mouse (6:43) seems like a continuation of previous track Musician as the melody is similar. Music Magic (27:26) concludes Disc One with full of improvisations.

Disc Two starts with Gayle Moran's introduction to Come Rain or Come Shine (3:55) that features her as lead vocals and her husband with piano work. Serenade (14:53) starts beautifully with piano solo and moves slowly into completely jazz tune. The Moorish Warrior and Spanish Princess (19:20) explores bass improvisations combined with other instruments. Disc Two is concluded with On Green Dolphin Street (9:35) that features Chick's excellent piano work combined with bass lines.

It's a highly recommended live set, especially if you appreciate jazz fusion work.

Progressively yours,

GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#29500) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Review by Chus
3 stars Great musicianship; unfortunately it drags a bit in self-indulgence. Song marks are prolonged above the 20 minutes from the original 9 to 10 minutes of the originals. I must say, however, that the version of "The Musician" is amazing, although the vocal parts were cut until the end of the song. Musicmagic is, in it's first half, a bit annoying and repetitive (save the introduction of it, which was the perfect symphonic riff one hears in the original); the solo spots are way too long for their own sake in "The Endless Night" (nonetheless it's one of my favourite tracks, however). The second disc is mostly solo spots, with lights set specially for Joe Farrell ("Serenade") and a very long acoustic bass solo by Stanley Clarke on "The Moorish Warrior and Spanish Princess, followed by an acoustic piano delivery by Chick (great one!). The album ends on a more traditional jazz mood with "On Green Dolphin Street"

Though the songs in their pure selves are good, the lengths could had been cut a bit. Thus my first 3-star rating for a fusion album.

Send comments to Chus (BETA) | Report this review (#110304) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 01, 2007

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
3 stars This is a great jazz album. It is also a pretty good fusion album, although the fusion is oftentimes scarce. The biggest problem is that the album is branded as a Return To Forever album. And Return To Forever, despite the preceding studio album, "Music Magic", was known for exceptional fusion. So an album that is about two thirds jazz without fusion that calls itself Return To Forever is something of a disappointment.

The album was the swan song of the group, up until the recent reformation. But it contained no songs from any of the studio albums before "Music Magic". There are, however, four of the six songs from that album. Each of those songs fare better here than on the original studio versions.

It helps that Chick Corea was at the height of his keyboard prowess at the time of this concert. Both his piano and electric keyboard playing are spectacular. Stanley Clarke is a bit more subdued. Only his piccolo bass playing, substituting for guitar solos stands out. His acoustic bass solo is good, but I've seen and heard him play much better.

So, for a jazz fan, this is a very fine album. But if you are looking for the soaring fusion of RTF, I would recommend looking elsewhere.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#385788) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 24, 2011

1 stars I love the Return To Forever era Chick Corea . That said, this release is a disappointment on many levels. To me, RTF works as a true fusion band, whether the jazzier self titled & Light As A Feather releases or the more rock inflected Romantic Warrior. The studio albums feature tight arrangem ... (read more)

Report this review (#55995) | Posted by | Friday, November 11, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RETURN TO FOREVER "Live: Return To Forever"