LIVE: RETURN TO FOREVER

Return To Forever Live: Return To Forever album cover

Buy RETURN TO FOREVER Music
Live, released in 1977

1. Opening '77 (7:10)
2. The Endless Night (20:23)
3. The Musician (6:58)
4. Stanley's Introduction (1:24)
5. Hello Again (6:02)
6. So Long Mickey Mouse (6:43)
7. Musicmagic (27:26)
8. Come Rain or Come Shine (3:55)
9. Serenade (14:53)
10. The Moorish Warrior and Spanish Princess (19:20)
11. Stanley's Introduction (2:02)
12. Spanish Fantasy (24:46)
13. Chick's Closing Introductions (1:09)
14. On Green Dolphin Street (9:35)

Search RETURN TO FOREVER Live: Return To Forever lyrics

Search RETURN TO FOREVER Live: Return To Forever tabs

- Jerry Brown / drums
- Stanley Clarke / bass, piccolo, vocals, bass (acoustic), piccolo bass
- Chick Corea / synthesizer, piano, voices, clavinet, Arp, Fender Rhodes, Oberheim, Mini Moog
- Joe Farrell / flute, piccolo, saxophone (Soprano), saxophone (Tenor)
- Harold Garrett / tuba, horn (Baritone), trombone (bass)
- Gayle Moran / organ, synthesizer, organ (Hammond), piano (electric), vocals, Mellotron, Mini Moog
- Ron Moss / trombone (Tenor)
- Jim Pugh / horn (Baritone), saxophone (Tenor), trombone (Tenor)
- James Tinsley / trumpet, flugelhorn, piccolo, piccolo trumpet

Columbia

and to Evolver for the last updates

RETURN TO FOREVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RETURN TO FOREVER Live: Return To Forever Music

Romantic WarriorRomantic Warrior
Sony UK 1999
The Mothership Returns (2CD/DVD)The Mothership Returns (2CD/DVD)
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2012
MusicmagicMusicmagic
Sony 1990
No MysteryNo Mystery
Polygram Records 1990
Where Have I Known You Before/No MysteryWhere Have I Known You Before/No Mystery
Bear Family 2008
RETURN TO FOREVER. 'Live'. Original Ex+ 1978 UK 'CBS' Label Jazz Fusion Lp US $8.10 Buy It Now 59m 9s
Return To Forever / Where have I known you before / Vinyl / Polydor / 1974 US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Papa John Creach, John Handy, Return to Forever & more LP's US $5.00 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER - HYMN OF THE SEVENTH GALAXY LP (VG+/VG+) STEREO - POLYDOR US $0.99 [0 bids]
2h
Return to forever & Chick Corea: Where have I known you before LP US $7.70 Buy It Now 2h 49m
RETURN TO FOREVER-MUSICMAGIC-JAPAN BLU-SPEC CD2 D73 US $21.99 Buy It Now 4h 2m
RETURN TO FOREVER CASSETTE TAPE THE BEST OF RARE ASIAN ISSUE US $7.45 Buy It Now 5h 39m
CHIC COREA, RETURN TO FOREVER ( with Stany Clark), Music Magic, Vinyl LP, NM US $2.99 [0 bids]
Return To Forever Musicmagic PC34682 US $7.96 Buy It Now 7h 9m
RETURN TO FOREVER featuring CHICK COREA - NO MYSTERY (PD6512) Great album! US $20.00 Buy It Now 7h 37m
No Mystery by Return to Forever (CD, Jul-1987, Verve) US $2.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA**RETURN TO FOREVER**CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 8h 12m
THE JAZZ ROCK ALBUM return to forever tony williams vinyl double lp US $12.99 [0 bids]
The Anthology by Return to Forever (CD, May-2008, 2 Discs, Concord) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Romantic Warrior - Return To Forever - CBS 81221 - LP Vinyl Record US $24.34 Buy It Now 13h
RETURN TO FOREVER live / the complete concert VG/EX JAPAN 72AP116 | 14-0515-007 US $59.99 Buy It Now 13h 59m
OOP RETURN TO FOREVER ROMANTIC WARRIOR Japan Blu Spec CD sealed new SICP-20021 US $59.99 Buy It Now 15h 23m
Stanley Clarke (of Return to Forever) solo album from 1974 Nemperor records US $4.29 [0 bids]
Lot Jazz cds 1970's Joe Sample Joe Beck & Sanborn Return to Forever Hubert Laws US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 33m
Return To Forever - Romantic Warrior CD US $14.69 Buy It Now 19h 11m
Return to Forever/ Chick Corea LP Columbia Records,1977 PC 34682,Musicmagic~ NM- US $7.99 Buy It Now 19h 49m
Return To Forever - Returns (NEW 2 x CD) US $20.68 Buy It Now 19h 59m
RETURN TO FOREVER MUSICMAGIC LP CHICK COREA STANELY CLARKE US $10.00 Buy It Now 20h 7m
RETURN TO FOREVER Live ORIG 1978 US COLUMBIA 4 LP BOX SET CHICK COREA US $12.99 [2 bids]
RARE RETURN TO FOREVER Chick Corea UNIQUE JAPAN MAIL ORDER ONLY FAMILY CLUB LP US $39.99 Buy It Now 21h 31m
CHICK COREA LP IMPORT Return to Forever UK 1974 Press - Polydor 2310-354 US $9.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER-MUSIC MAGIC-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD E50 US $24.99 Buy It Now 21h 41m
RETURN TO FOREVER CHICK COREA LP IMPORT UK Romantic Warrior - CBS S81221 US $16.99 [0 bids]
Return to Forever - Return to Forever CD OBI s/t self titled chick corea US $17.99 Buy It Now 23h 29m
Return to Forever - Musicmagic CD OBI US $17.99 Buy It Now 23h 29m
Return to Forever feat. Chick Corea - Light As A Feather CD OBI US $17.99 Buy It Now 23h 29m
RETURN TO FOREVER / CHICK COREA "NO MYSTERY" JAZZ FRENCH LP ! US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER VINYL LP LOT OF 4 ROMANTIC WARRIOR+hymn+musicmagic+known you US $9.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER - THE MOTHERSHIP RETURNS (2CD+DVD) - US $19.82 Buy It Now 1 day
Return To Forever Live Columbia 35281 Original 70's Pressing Sealed Chick Corea US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER MUSICMAGIC - COLUMBIA 1977 STANLEY CLARKE CHICH COREA FUSION US $3.00 [0 bids]
Return To Forever ?- Romantic Warrior ; Chick Corea Columbia ?- PC 3407 vinyl LP US $7.00 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA & RETURN TO FOREVER Light as Feather + Hymns STERLING POLYDOR NM lps US $8.99 [0 bids]
The Best of Return to Forever by Return to Forever (CD, Aug-1986, Columbia (USA) US $4.50 Buy It Now 1 day
CHICK COREA & RETURN TO FOREVER - NO MYSTERY NEW CD US $15.68 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER - ANTHOLOGY NEW CD US $26.42 Buy It Now 1 day
Chick Corea and Return to Forever LIGHT AS A FEATHER LP USA Polydor VG+/M- US $5.99 [0 bids]
Return To Forever - Chick Corea US $14.48 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER - RETURNS NEW CD US $26.42 Buy It Now 1 day
CHICK COREA / RETURN TO FOREVER - WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YOU BEFORE (IMPORT) NEW CD US $27.16 Buy It Now 1 day
CHICK COREA AND RETURN TO FOREVER - LIGHT AS A FEATHER. JAPAN.OBI US $5.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER Where Have- 1974 JAPAN 1st Press CD 1985 CHICK COREA US $59.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER No Mystery 1975 JAPAN 1st Press CD W/Obi CHICK COREA DI MEOLA US $39.00 Buy It Now 1 day
* CHIC COREA return to forever J-3 JAPAN 3INCH Single CD 507 US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Return To Forever(Vinyl LP)The Best Of-CBS-CBS 84292-UK-NM/Ex+ US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Return to Forever, This Is Jazz 12:Return to Forever Audio CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER /CHICK COREA + 3 LP LOT +NM + US $8.98 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER : ROMANTIC WARRIOR (34076) - RARITIES US $4.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA / RETURN TO FOREVER : WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YOU BEFOR (6509) - RARITIES US $4.49 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA-RETURN TO FOREVER-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CHICK COREA AND RETURN TO FOREVER-LIGHT AS A FEATHER-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Return to Forever Where Have I Known You Before vinyl LP EX 1974 Chick Corea US $7.95 Buy It Now 2 days
3 LP's Chick Corea Elektric Band Eye Beholder Return To Forever Romantic Warrior US $9.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER CHICK COREA - WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YUGO US $12.29 Buy It Now 2 days
Return To Forever "Romantic Warrior" US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CHICK COREA & RETURN TO FOREVER JAZZ 1970s LP " LIGHT AS A FEATHER " US $5.41 Buy It Now 2 days
5099746820527 Romantic Warrior by Return to Forever 1991 RARE FREEPOST CD US $33.80 Buy It Now 2 days
Chick Corea-Return To Forever-Hymn Of Seventh Galaxy-LP-Polydor-PD 5536-Vinyl US $4.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA and RETURN TO FOREVER - LIGHT AS A FEATHER ,lp vinyl, Stanley Clarke US $3.99 [0 bids]
Return To Forever - Anthology [CD New] US $14.41 Buy It Now 2 days
LOT OF 2 LP/RETURN TO FOREVER/73,76(COREA,CLARKE)EX-/VG+ US $1.79 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER ROMANTIC WARRIOR COLUMBIA 1976 US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - RETURN TO THE 7TH GALAXY.2CD. JAPAN.OBI.CHICK COREA US $5.99 [2 bids]
CHICK COREA - RETURN TO FOREVER. JAPAN.VINYL OBI US $5.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER - MUSICMAGIC LP US $11.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Return To Forever : Live-The Complete Concert(77) [VINYL] CD (1999) US $8.73 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER Romantic Warrior 1976 Dutch vinyl LP 1980's CBS RE US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Musicmagic by Return to Forever (CD, Sep-1986, Columbia (USA)) US $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Chick Corea-Return To Forever-ECM 1022-GERMANY US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Chick Corea - Return To Forever US $7.00 [0 bids]
Return To Forever,CD,This Is Jazz 12 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - LIVE [2 CD] [RETURN TO FOREVER] - NEW CD BOXSET US $29.08 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever, Live/LP Columbia PC 35281/Canada 1978 Chick Corea/Clarke US $4.00 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER HYMN OF THE SEVENTH GALAXY LP BILL CONNORS CHICK COREA US $14.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MUSICMAGIC RETURN TO FOREVER US $16.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever . Where Have I Known You Before . 1974 EX . PD 6509 . 12" LP US $5.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever - Romantic Warrior LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
Return To Forever - No Mystery Featuring Chick Corea LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA Return to Forever 'No Mystery' 1975 LP Al DiMeola Stanley Clarke VG+ US $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Chick Corea- Return to Forever - "Where Have I Known You Before" LP US $3.39 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever Romantic Warrior PC34076 US $9.97 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER (1976) - "Romantic Warrior" CD 1990 1st US PROMO Remaster AAD US $23.88 Buy It Now 3 days
Return to Forever "Musicmagic" LP US $3.47 Buy It Now 3 days
Return to Forever "Romantic Warrior" LP US $3.47 Buy It Now 3 days
Return to Forever featuring Chick Corea "Hymn of The Seventh Galaxy" LP US $3.47 Buy It Now 3 days
CHICK COREA Return To Forever LP 4 Track (ecm1022st) GERMAN Ecm 1972 US $32.45 Buy It Now 3 days
Light as a Feather by Chick Corea & Return to Forever CD, Polydor US $7.95 [0 bids]
NO MYSTERY:RETURN TO FOREVER BY COREA,CHICK (CD) US $17.00 Buy It Now 4 days
CHICK COREA RETURN TO FOREVER WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YOU BEFORE 1974 US LP GOOD/VG! US $4.85 [0 bids]
The Best of Return to Forever by Return to Forever (CD, Aug-1986, Columbia (USA) US $4.95 Buy It Now 4 days
RETURN TO FOREVER ROMANTIC WARRIOR CD 1976 CHICK COREA STANLEY CLARKE DIMEOLA US $9.00 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA RETURN TO FOREVER ECM JAZZ LP GERMAN IMPORT US $8.00 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA & RETURN TO FOREVER LIGHT AS A FEATHER POLYDOR JAZZ CD US $3.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Return To Forever - Mothership Returns [CD New] US $47.49 Buy It Now 4 days
"Classic Rock" "Return to Forever featuring Chick Corea" "Rare Lp" US $9.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy RETURN TO FOREVER music online Buy RETURN TO FOREVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RETURN TO FOREVER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RETURN TO FOREVER Live: Return To Forever ratings distribution

RETURN TO FOREVER Live: Return To Forever reviews

Review by greenback
4 stars This is an excellent SINGLE live LP from Return to Forever. The original sleeve shows Picasso's "Three Musicans" painting placed inside a yellow/golden border. The selected tracks are excellent. There is a track having jaw-dropping complex Be-Bop and Big Band elements. Gayle Moran, the Chick Corea's wife, sings on a couples of bits. The dynamic music reaches some UNPRECEDENTED complexity: the extremely skillful musicians play live an often impossible music! Thus, everything is very structured and disciplined. There are excellent supporting brass section parts. There are no tracks of my LP coming from the "Romantic Warrior" album. The crowd favorably responds, and there is a good live ambience. The performance and complexity is comparable to the "Romantic Warrior" album itself.

Rating: 4.5 stars

Send comments to greenback (BETA) | Report this review (#29499) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 10, 2004

Review by Dick Heath
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Jazz-Rock Specialist
2 stars Bought when I was a completist*, worse I bought the version imported into the UK, and alas I have to report I was most disappointed, especially after paying well over the odds for it.

Not a fitting swansong. Not an album that gets played anymore here (cf. 'Hymn of the 7th Galaxy '- or check out the live tracks on the Verve compilation 'Return to the 7th Galaxy' for tightness).

Across the multi-disc set, you'll find extended pieces played by RTF agumented with other brass and wind players - in fact a live orchestral album. Tunes are largely taken from their CBS years (note: Columbia Records' 30 pieces of silver corrupted many a good jazzrock group in the late 70's) - IMHO, RTF sounded far better during their Polydor years. Here each of RTF have their slot. Mrs Corea too, has her's - how I dislike her sort of voice doing jazz rock, (but I should have been forewarned by the Mahavishnu Orchestra recording with symphonic orchestra and Ms Moran): too sweet, too operatic -give me Annette Peacock any time. Over-extended tunes make the whole far too loose and sloppy. At the time of this album's release, RTF were individually doing their own things live and on record - and I see this album (and therefore the associated tour) as little more than capitalising on a name.

It only just slots into the 2 star category.

(*A lesson that I took some time to learn, i.e. going on automatic pilot as soon as a new album by a favourite band was announced and rushing out to order weeks before the release date - worse having not heard a single track. Probably it took a dozen albums and 10 major diasappointments before I learnt patience and the need to hear tracks before buying).

Send comments to Dick Heath (BETA) | Report this review (#29498) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Review by Gatot
4 stars If you love jazz fusion and improvisations, and live record, this one suits you perfectly. Well, there must be reason why I choose this live set to review. Today is my full one year service writing prog music reviews in this site. Yes, I started my first write-up in 25 May 2004 with Return To Forever "Music Magic". It was actually a trial review as I was not aware that this site was so democratic that no editing was required as my write-up was displayed instantly. I loved it. And also, I thought it was the only prog site that covers the whole discography of prog bands, completely. It's probably until today, this site offers the most complete reviews of prog bands. It's good that if I like certain album of a band I can trace directly how many albums the band has already produced for reference. And today, to commemorate my one year continuous writing for this beloved website I intentionally write my 300th review with the same band.

This double CD represents full improvisations of the band's studio albums. It starts with fully improvised tune Opening '77 (7:10) that I think it was never created in studio. That's jazz man .. it can be created through a jam session on stage. Well, through this tune you can enjoy great play of Chick Corea with his electric piano; some great brass section work, bass lines and drumming. It flows seamlessly to my favorite track from Music Magic album: The Endless Night. This song is performed with an extended improvisation - three times longer than original version. The floating keyboard sound accompanied by inventive keyboard notes by Chick characterizes this song. I love this opening part. In fact this was the first song I heard the first time from the band. The combination of brass section and electric piano works is truly stunning. It's complex but it has powerful arrangement. This lengthened duration is full with solo improvisation in the middle of the track. Gayle Moran's vocal is superb. Even though Lenny White did not sit on the drum stool; replaced by Gerry Brown, the drum sounds are really excellent. Stanley Clarke that characterized the bass playing (jazz) in the seventies - with picking style is clearly demonstrated here in this track. WOW! It's a great music.

The Musician is another favorite of mine where it has driving rhythm section accentuated by brass section. It has great trombone solo and inventive bass lines. This is a high energy track that makes my adrenalin exploding. Great electric piano as well. Gayle Moran's voice is also awesome. Hello Again (6:02) is almost completely a jazz track in mellow style. So Long Mickey Mouse (6:43) seems like a continuation of previous track Musician as the melody is similar. Music Magic (27:26) concludes Disc One with full of improvisations.

Disc Two starts with Gayle Moran's introduction to Come Rain or Come Shine (3:55) that features her as lead vocals and her husband with piano work. Serenade (14:53) starts beautifully with piano solo and moves slowly into completely jazz tune. The Moorish Warrior and Spanish Princess (19:20) explores bass improvisations combined with other instruments. Disc Two is concluded with On Green Dolphin Street (9:35) that features Chick's excellent piano work combined with bass lines.

It's a highly recommended live set, especially if you appreciate jazz fusion work.

Progressively yours,

GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#29500) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Review by Chus
3 stars Great musicianship; unfortunately it drags a bit in self-indulgence. Song marks are prolonged above the 20 minutes from the original 9 to 10 minutes of the originals. I must say, however, that the version of "The Musician" is amazing, although the vocal parts were cut until the end of the song. Musicmagic is, in it's first half, a bit annoying and repetitive (save the introduction of it, which was the perfect symphonic riff one hears in the original); the solo spots are way too long for their own sake in "The Endless Night" (nonetheless it's one of my favourite tracks, however). The second disc is mostly solo spots, with lights set specially for Joe Farrell ("Serenade") and a very long acoustic bass solo by Stanley Clarke on "The Moorish Warrior and Spanish Princess, followed by an acoustic piano delivery by Chick (great one!). The album ends on a more traditional jazz mood with "On Green Dolphin Street"

Though the songs in their pure selves are good, the lengths could had been cut a bit. Thus my first 3-star rating for a fusion album.

Send comments to Chus (BETA) | Report this review (#110304) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 01, 2007

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
3 stars This is a great jazz album. It is also a pretty good fusion album, although the fusion is oftentimes scarce. The biggest problem is that the album is branded as a Return To Forever album. And Return To Forever, despite the preceding studio album, "Music Magic", was known for exceptional fusion. So an album that is about two thirds jazz without fusion that calls itself Return To Forever is something of a disappointment.

The album was the swan song of the group, up until the recent reformation. But it contained no songs from any of the studio albums before "Music Magic". There are, however, four of the six songs from that album. Each of those songs fare better here than on the original studio versions.

It helps that Chick Corea was at the height of his keyboard prowess at the time of this concert. Both his piano and electric keyboard playing are spectacular. Stanley Clarke is a bit more subdued. Only his piccolo bass playing, substituting for guitar solos stands out. His acoustic bass solo is good, but I've seen and heard him play much better.

So, for a jazz fan, this is a very fine album. But if you are looking for the soaring fusion of RTF, I would recommend looking elsewhere.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#385788) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 24, 2011

1 stars I love the Return To Forever era Chick Corea . That said, this release is a disappointment on many levels. To me, RTF works as a true fusion band, whether the jazzier self titled & Light As A Feather releases or the more rock inflected Romantic Warrior. The studio albums feature tight arrangem ... (read more)

Report this review (#55995) | Posted by | Friday, November 11, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RETURN TO FOREVER "Live: Return To Forever"