LIVE: RETURN TO FOREVER

Return To Forever Live: Return To Forever album cover

Buy RETURN TO FOREVER Music
Live, released in 1977

1. Opening '77 (7:10)
2. The Endless Night (20:23)
3. The Musician (6:58)
4. Stanley's Introduction (1:24)
5. Hello Again (6:02)
6. So Long Mickey Mouse (6:43)
7. Musicmagic (27:26)
8. Come Rain or Come Shine (3:55)
9. Serenade (14:53)
10. The Moorish Warrior and Spanish Princess (19:20)
11. Stanley's Introduction (2:02)
12. Spanish Fantasy (24:46)
13. Chick's Closing Introductions (1:09)
14. On Green Dolphin Street (9:35)

Search RETURN TO FOREVER Live: Return To Forever lyrics

Search RETURN TO FOREVER Live: Return To Forever tabs

- Jerry Brown / drums
- Stanley Clarke / bass, piccolo, vocals, bass (acoustic), piccolo bass
- Chick Corea / synthesizer, piano, voices, clavinet, Arp, Fender Rhodes, Oberheim, Mini Moog
- Joe Farrell / flute, piccolo, saxophone (Soprano), saxophone (Tenor)
- Harold Garrett / tuba, horn (Baritone), trombone (bass)
- Gayle Moran / organ, synthesizer, organ (Hammond), piano (electric), vocals, Mellotron, Mini Moog
- Ron Moss / trombone (Tenor)
- Jim Pugh / horn (Baritone), saxophone (Tenor), trombone (Tenor)
- James Tinsley / trumpet, flugelhorn, piccolo, piccolo trumpet

Columbia

and to Evolver for the last updates

RETURN TO FOREVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RETURN TO FOREVER Live: Return To Forever Music

The Mothership Returns (2CD/DVD)The Mothership Returns (2CD/DVD)
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2012
Romantic WarriorRomantic Warrior
Sony UK 1999
No MysteryNo Mystery
Polygram Records 1990
Live: Complete ConcertLive: Complete Concert
101 DISTRIBUTION 2011
Where Have I Known You Before/No MysteryWhere Have I Known You Before/No Mystery
Bear Family 2008
Where Have I Known You BeforeWhere Have I Known You Before
Polygram Records 1990
The AnthologyThe Anthology
Concord Records 2008
ReturnsReturns
Eagle Records (Fontana) 2009
Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy by Chick Corea/Return to Forever (CD, Apr-1991,... US $6.89 Buy It Now 48m 5s
RETURN TO FOREVER 'Earth Juice' unplayed Promo 45 HEAR! US $5.99 Buy It Now 55m 20s
Return To Forever - Live RARE 1978 White Label Promo LP Farrell / Corea / Clarke US $16.24 Buy It Now 1h 17m
LOT OF 4 JAZZ FUSION LP: ELEVENTH HOUSE; WEATHER REPORT; RETURN TO FOREVER;SPYRO US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
RETURN TO FOREVER-MUSIC MAGIC-JAPAN MINI LP BLU-SPEC CD E50 US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 30m
RETURN TO FOREVER ROMANTIC WARRIOR 180GM LP VINYL NEW US $34.81 Buy It Now 5h 30m
Return To Forever - Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy [CD New] US $9.83 Buy It Now 7h 49m
Return to Forever - Romantic Warrior CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 35m
CHICK COREA & RETURN TO FOREVER - HYMN OF THE 7TH GALAXY NEW CD US $16.21 Buy It Now 9h 31m
This Is Jazz 12 by Return to Forever US $2.49 Buy It Now 9h 40m
RETURN TO FOREVER / LIVE / CASSETTE TAPE / CBS US $7.45 Buy It Now 11h 35m
RETURN TO FOREVER Where Have I Known Chick Corea LP US $8.37 Buy It Now 12h 6m
No Mystery by Return to Forever featuring Chick Corea -- Used CD Jazz Import US $49.95 Buy It Now 12h 42m
Chick Corea LP Return To Forever Light As A Feather German Import EX LOOK At It! US $10.00 Buy It Now 13h 5m
RETURN TO FOREVER - LIVE, JC 35281 COLUMBIA PROMO US $17.00 Buy It Now 13h 59m
AL DIMEOLA Splendido Hotel 2-LP VG+ Corea, Hammer, Les Paul RETURN TO FOREVER US $4.99 Buy It Now 14h 43m
NO MYSTERY RETURN TO FOREVER FEATURING CHICK COREA POLYDOR RECORDS PD-6512 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Return To Forever - Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy CD US $13.89 Buy It Now 22h 25m
CHICK COREA - RETURN TO FOREVER Rare 1st Polish Press BUY UP TO 4 US $4.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Return to Forever LP Romantic Warrior CBS 1976 US $10.95 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER live 82808 A1/B1 1st pressing uk cbs 1978 LP PS EX/EX US $14.91 Buy It Now 1 day
CHICK COREA & AL DiMEOLA Return To Forever "No Mystery" 1975 POLYDOR STEREO LP US $9.60 Buy It Now 1 day
Light As A Feather by Chick Corea & Return to Forever LP (1973, Polydor) EX- US $4.00 [0 bids]
Light as a Feather by Chick Corea/Return to Forever (CD, Oct-1990, Verve) US $4.99 [0 bids]
3 LP's Chick Corea Elektric Band Eye Beholder Return To Forever Romantic Warrior US $9.99 [0 bids]
Romantic Warrior by Return to Forever (CD, Oct-1999, Legacy) US $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Japan SHM-CD CHICK COREA Return To Forever 1972 US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
52nd STREET - Something's Going On CD MCA 42079 return to forever lenny white US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER ROMANTIC WARRIOR CBS 81221 DUTCH PRESSING VINYL LP US $8.00 [0 bids]
PARTICLE Launchpad CD Nstrmntl PROG Pink Floyd Return To Forever Ozric Tentacles US $6.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA "NM WAX" Return to Forever 25MJ3220 LP Ad0635 US $4.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER The Mothership Returns DELUXE 2 CD & 1 DVD 3 DISC BOX US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RETURN TO FOREVER CHICK COREA LIVE COMPLETE CONCERT JAPAN MINI LP Blu-spec CD US $49.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Return To Forever featuring Chick Corea: No Mystery Polydor PD 6512 US $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Return to Forever Japan Mail Order only Family Club Vinyl LP Chick Corea US $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Return To Forever "Romantic warrior" mini LP CD Japan Chick Corea US $19.99 [0 bids]
Romantic Warrior [Remaster] by Return to Forever (CD, Feb-2000, Sony Music... US $0.67 [4 bids]
Return To Forever & Chick Corea(Vinyl LP)Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy-UK-VG/VG US $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
New: RETURN TO FOREVER / CHICK COREA - Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy [Import] CD US $4.98 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER Chick Corea EARTH JUSTICE b/w Beyond Seventh Galaxy STOCK M- US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Return to Forever feat. Chick Corea - Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy CD OBI US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Al Di Meola Lp Casino Jazz Guitar x Return To Forever US $3.99 [0 bids]
Light as a feather - Chick Corea and return to forever - Polydor PD 5525 US $7.50 Buy It Now 2 days
AL DI MEOLA Casino 8 Track Tape VG+ RETURN TO FOREVER JAZZ GUITAR US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER - LIVE - US $8.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER MUSICMAGIC 1977 JAZZ PROMO 45 IN COMPANY SLEEVE US $2.99 [1 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER ROMANTIC WARRIOR COLUMBIA RECORDS PC-34076 US $4.99 [0 bids]
Chick Corea Return To Forever LP 180 Gr Vinyl NEW ECM US $49.85 Buy It Now 2 days
RETURN TO FOREVER 'MUSICMAGIC' DUTCH IMPORT LP US $13.25 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER 'LIVE' UK LP US $13.25 Buy It Now 3 days
Return to Forever featuring Chick Corea - No Mystery LP - Polydor Records PD6512 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Return to Forever LIVE Ft Chick Corea Joe Farrell Stanley Clarke SEALED LP Vinyl US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever: Musicmagic Chick Corea Stanley Clarke LP Vinyl Record NM !! US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CHICK COREA - Return to Forever LP Latin Jazz Funk on ECM Original U.S. VG++ US $6.54 [3 bids]
CHICK COREA 'RETURN TO FOREVER' US IMPORT LP US $24.86 Buy It Now 3 days
Return to Forever - Romantic Warrior CD OBI US $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER-Live-Rare White Label Promotional Only Album-CHICK COREA US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Return To Forever - The Mothership Returns (NEW 2 x CD+DVD) US $25.27 Buy It Now 3 days
2 LP Lot Keith Jarrett "The Koln Concert" & Return To Forever "Musicmagic" US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CHICH COREA QUINTET RETURN TO FOREVER POLYDOR MP 2273 Japan OBI Vinyl LP US $0.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA AND RETURN TO FOREVER LIGHT AS A FEATHER POLYDOR MP 2304 OBI LP US $5.50 [3 bids]
CHICK COREA AND RETURN TO FOREVER LIGHT AS FEATHER POLYDOR PROMO OBI LP US $5.50 [3 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER ft CHICK COREA HYMN OF THE SEVENTH GALAXY POLYDOR PROMO OBI LP US $5.50 [3 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER ft CHICK COREA WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YOU BEFORE PROMO OBI LP US $0.99 [1 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER,CHICK COREA NO MYSTERY POLYDOR MP 2470 Japan OBI Vinyl LP US $5.50 [5 bids]
CHICK COREA WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YOU BEFORE RETURN TO FOREVER POLYDOR OBI PROMO LP US $1.04 [2 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER Feat CHICK COREA No Mystery Orig 1st US 75 Polydor JAZZ US $16.57 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER Live JC35281 LP Ac7815 US $9.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA "NM WAX" Return to Forever MPF1136 LP Ab4940 US $9.99 [0 bids]
MINNIE RIPERTON RETURN TO FOREVER HERE WE GO RECORD LP CAPITOL RECORDS MINT US $4.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA and RETURN TO FOREVER - LIGHT AS A FEATHER ,lp vinyl, Stanley Clarke US $3.99 [0 bids]
Chick Correa Return To Forever LP Polydor # PD 5525 Record Excellent +++ US $10.99 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER & CHICK COREA No Mystery POLYDOR LP NM US $8.00 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER LP MUSICMAGIC CBS US $7.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER No Mystery SEALED 8-Track Chick Corea 1975 Jazz Rock Fusion US $2.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER: The Best Of LP COLUMBIA RECORDS JC36359 US 1980 NM US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER CHICK COREA Japan 1978 NM LP LIVE US $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
RETURN TO FOREVER Romantic Warrior LP 1976 Columbia 34076 white label promo US $9.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER Where Have I Known LP 1974 Polydor 6509 Chick Corea US $6.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER Musicmagic, original vinyl LP, 1977, EX! Chick Corea, jazz US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
#1 Chic Corea Return To Forever Romantic Warrior LP Factory Sealed US $9.99 [0 bids]
Musicmagic (CD) Return to Forever US $21.50 Buy It Now 3 days
"Classic Rock" "Return to Forever featuring Chick Corea" "Rare Lp" US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Romantic Warrior by Return to Forever (CD, Dec-1991, Columbia (USA)) US $0.99 [1 bids]
Musicmagic by Return to Forever (CD, Sep-2011, Sony Japan) US $32.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Chick Corea-Return To Forever-Hymn Of Seventh Galaxy-LP-Polydor-PD 5536-Vinyl US $3.77 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER Romantic Warrior JAPAN Limited Mini LP CD 1997 W/Obi RARE!! US $69.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Where Have I Known You Before/No Mystery by Chick Corea/Return to Forever... US $15.49 Buy It Now 3 days
CHICK COREA-RETURN TO FOREVER-JAPAN SHM-CD Ltd/Ed D20 US $22.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Return to Forever Complete Columbia Albums 5 CD BOX SET US $79.85 Buy It Now 4 days
Return To Forever - Romantic Warrior [Vinyl New] US $27.75 Buy It Now 4 days
(JAZZ LP) RETURN TO FOREVER - NO MYSTERY US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
VINYL LP Return To Forever Featuring Chick Corea - No Mystery (1975) US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
No Mercy - Return To Forever (1975) Vinyl LP Record Album 33 RPM US $1.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER : ROMANTIC WARRIOR (34076) - RARITIES US $5.99 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA / RETURN TO FOREVER : WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YOU BEFOR (6509) - RARITIES US $4.99 [0 bids]
LP RETURN TO FOREVER - LIVE (CBS 82808) 1978 SCARCE ORIGINAL BRITISH ISSUE US $8.29 [0 bids]
CHICK COREA / RETURN TO FOREVER : NO MYSTERY (6512) - RARITIES US $4.49 [0 bids]
Return To Forever ~ No Mystery LP ~ Polydor ~ shrink! VG++ US $7.99 [0 bids]
RETURN TO FOREVER Where Have I Known You Before CHICK COREA JAPAN Early CD W/Obi US $49.00 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy RETURN TO FOREVER music online Buy RETURN TO FOREVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RETURN TO FOREVER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RETURN TO FOREVER Live: Return To Forever ratings distribution

RETURN TO FOREVER Live: Return To Forever reviews

Review by greenback
4 stars This is an excellent SINGLE live LP from Return to Forever. The original sleeve shows Picasso's "Three Musicans" painting placed inside a yellow/golden border. The selected tracks are excellent. There is a track having jaw-dropping complex Be-Bop and Big Band elements. Gayle Moran, the Chick Corea's wife, sings on a couples of bits. The dynamic music reaches some UNPRECEDENTED complexity: the extremely skillful musicians play live an often impossible music! Thus, everything is very structured and disciplined. There are excellent supporting brass section parts. There are no tracks of my LP coming from the "Romantic Warrior" album. The crowd favorably responds, and there is a good live ambience. The performance and complexity is comparable to the "Romantic Warrior" album itself.

Rating: 4.5 stars

Send comments to greenback (BETA) | Report this review (#29499) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 10, 2004

Review by Dick Heath
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Jazz-Rock Specialist
2 stars Bought when I was a completist*, worse I bought the version imported into the UK, and alas I have to report I was most disappointed, especially after paying well over the odds for it.

Not a fitting swansong. Not an album that gets played anymore here (cf. 'Hymn of the 7th Galaxy '- or check out the live tracks on the Verve compilation 'Return to the 7th Galaxy' for tightness).

Across the multi-disc set, you'll find extended pieces played by RTF agumented with other brass and wind players - in fact a live orchestral album. Tunes are largely taken from their CBS years (note: Columbia Records' 30 pieces of silver corrupted many a good jazzrock group in the late 70's) - IMHO, RTF sounded far better during their Polydor years. Here each of RTF have their slot. Mrs Corea too, has her's - how I dislike her sort of voice doing jazz rock, (but I should have been forewarned by the Mahavishnu Orchestra recording with symphonic orchestra and Ms Moran): too sweet, too operatic -give me Annette Peacock any time. Over-extended tunes make the whole far too loose and sloppy. At the time of this album's release, RTF were individually doing their own things live and on record - and I see this album (and therefore the associated tour) as little more than capitalising on a name.

It only just slots into the 2 star category.

(*A lesson that I took some time to learn, i.e. going on automatic pilot as soon as a new album by a favourite band was announced and rushing out to order weeks before the release date - worse having not heard a single track. Probably it took a dozen albums and 10 major diasappointments before I learnt patience and the need to hear tracks before buying).

Send comments to Dick Heath (BETA) | Report this review (#29498) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Review by Gatot
4 stars If you love jazz fusion and improvisations, and live record, this one suits you perfectly. Well, there must be reason why I choose this live set to review. Today is my full one year service writing prog music reviews in this site. Yes, I started my first write-up in 25 May 2004 with Return To Forever "Music Magic". It was actually a trial review as I was not aware that this site was so democratic that no editing was required as my write-up was displayed instantly. I loved it. And also, I thought it was the only prog site that covers the whole discography of prog bands, completely. It's probably until today, this site offers the most complete reviews of prog bands. It's good that if I like certain album of a band I can trace directly how many albums the band has already produced for reference. And today, to commemorate my one year continuous writing for this beloved website I intentionally write my 300th review with the same band.

This double CD represents full improvisations of the band's studio albums. It starts with fully improvised tune Opening '77 (7:10) that I think it was never created in studio. That's jazz man .. it can be created through a jam session on stage. Well, through this tune you can enjoy great play of Chick Corea with his electric piano; some great brass section work, bass lines and drumming. It flows seamlessly to my favorite track from Music Magic album: The Endless Night. This song is performed with an extended improvisation - three times longer than original version. The floating keyboard sound accompanied by inventive keyboard notes by Chick characterizes this song. I love this opening part. In fact this was the first song I heard the first time from the band. The combination of brass section and electric piano works is truly stunning. It's complex but it has powerful arrangement. This lengthened duration is full with solo improvisation in the middle of the track. Gayle Moran's vocal is superb. Even though Lenny White did not sit on the drum stool; replaced by Gerry Brown, the drum sounds are really excellent. Stanley Clarke that characterized the bass playing (jazz) in the seventies - with picking style is clearly demonstrated here in this track. WOW! It's a great music.

The Musician is another favorite of mine where it has driving rhythm section accentuated by brass section. It has great trombone solo and inventive bass lines. This is a high energy track that makes my adrenalin exploding. Great electric piano as well. Gayle Moran's voice is also awesome. Hello Again (6:02) is almost completely a jazz track in mellow style. So Long Mickey Mouse (6:43) seems like a continuation of previous track Musician as the melody is similar. Music Magic (27:26) concludes Disc One with full of improvisations.

Disc Two starts with Gayle Moran's introduction to Come Rain or Come Shine (3:55) that features her as lead vocals and her husband with piano work. Serenade (14:53) starts beautifully with piano solo and moves slowly into completely jazz tune. The Moorish Warrior and Spanish Princess (19:20) explores bass improvisations combined with other instruments. Disc Two is concluded with On Green Dolphin Street (9:35) that features Chick's excellent piano work combined with bass lines.

It's a highly recommended live set, especially if you appreciate jazz fusion work.

Progressively yours,

GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#29500) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Review by Chus
3 stars Great musicianship; unfortunately it drags a bit in self-indulgence. Song marks are prolonged above the 20 minutes from the original 9 to 10 minutes of the originals. I must say, however, that the version of "The Musician" is amazing, although the vocal parts were cut until the end of the song. Musicmagic is, in it's first half, a bit annoying and repetitive (save the introduction of it, which was the perfect symphonic riff one hears in the original); the solo spots are way too long for their own sake in "The Endless Night" (nonetheless it's one of my favourite tracks, however). The second disc is mostly solo spots, with lights set specially for Joe Farrell ("Serenade") and a very long acoustic bass solo by Stanley Clarke on "The Moorish Warrior and Spanish Princess, followed by an acoustic piano delivery by Chick (great one!). The album ends on a more traditional jazz mood with "On Green Dolphin Street"

Though the songs in their pure selves are good, the lengths could had been cut a bit. Thus my first 3-star rating for a fusion album.

Send comments to Chus (BETA) | Report this review (#110304) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 01, 2007

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
3 stars This is a great jazz album. It is also a pretty good fusion album, although the fusion is oftentimes scarce. The biggest problem is that the album is branded as a Return To Forever album. And Return To Forever, despite the preceding studio album, "Music Magic", was known for exceptional fusion. So an album that is about two thirds jazz without fusion that calls itself Return To Forever is something of a disappointment.

The album was the swan song of the group, up until the recent reformation. But it contained no songs from any of the studio albums before "Music Magic". There are, however, four of the six songs from that album. Each of those songs fare better here than on the original studio versions.

It helps that Chick Corea was at the height of his keyboard prowess at the time of this concert. Both his piano and electric keyboard playing are spectacular. Stanley Clarke is a bit more subdued. Only his piccolo bass playing, substituting for guitar solos stands out. His acoustic bass solo is good, but I've seen and heard him play much better.

So, for a jazz fan, this is a very fine album. But if you are looking for the soaring fusion of RTF, I would recommend looking elsewhere.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#385788) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 24, 2011

1 stars I love the Return To Forever era Chick Corea . That said, this release is a disappointment on many levels. To me, RTF works as a true fusion band, whether the jazzier self titled & Light As A Feather releases or the more rock inflected Romantic Warrior. The studio albums feature tight arrangem ... (read more)

Report this review (#55995) | Posted by | Friday, November 11, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RETURN TO FOREVER "Live: Return To Forever"