IN THE PASSING LIGHT OF DAY

1. On A Tuesday (10:22)
2. Tongue Of God (04:53)
3. Meaningless (04:47)
4. Silent Gold (03:23)
5. Full Throttle Tribe (09:05)
6. Reasons (04:45)
7. Angels Of Broken Things (06:24)
8. The Taming Of A Beast (06:33)
9. If This Is The End (06:03)
10. The Passing Light Of Day (15:31)

Search PAIN OF SALVATION In The Passing Light Of Day lyrics

- LÚo Margarit / drums, backing vocals

Release date: Janury 13, 2017
Label: InsideOut
Format: CD, LP & Digital

Thanks to peccatum for the addition
and to progshine for the last updates

PAIN OF SALVATION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PAIN OF SALVATION In The Passing Light Of Day Music

In The Passing Light Of DayIn The Passing Light Of Day
Inside Out Music 2017
In The Passing Light Of Day (2Cd)In The Passing Light Of Day (2Cd)
BELLE ANTIQUE 2017

IN THE PASSING LIGHT OF DAY - PAIN OF SALVATION - CD USD $20.72 Buy It Now 3 days
In The Passing Light Of Day - Pain Of Salvation 889853866823 (CD Used Very Good) USD $14.07 Buy It Now 4 days
PAIN OF SALVATION In The Passing Light Of Day JAPAN 2CD Meshuggah Transatlantic USD $31.80 Buy It Now 6 days
PAIN OF SALVATION In The Passing Light Of Day CD 2017 NEW SEALED USD $17.90 Buy It Now 7 days
PAIN OF SALVATION-IN THE PASSING LIGHT OF DAY CD NEW USD $16.28 Buy It Now 7 days
PAIN OF SALVATION-IN THE PASSING LIGHT OF DAY-JAPAN 2 CD H40 USD $31.99 Buy It Now 9 days
PAIN OF SALVATION IN THE PASSING LIGHT OF DAY (SILVER 2LP 200 COPIES) USD $89.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Pain Of Salvation-In The Passing Light Of Day (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $25.61 Buy It Now 11 days
Pain Of Salvation - In The Passing Light Of Day NEW 2 x CD) USD $20.81 Buy It Now 11 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - IN THE PASSING LIGHT OF DAY NEW CD USD $12.18 Buy It Now 16 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - IN THE PASSING LIGHT OF DAY (2 NEW CD USD $29.97 Buy It Now 16 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - IN THE PASSING LIGHT OF DAY NEW CD USD $19.74 Buy It Now 16 days
In the Passing Light of Day [Deluxe Edition] [1/20] by Pain of Salvation (CD,... USD $15.76 Buy It Now 16 days
Pain of Salvation - In The Passing Light Of Day: Deluxe Edition [New CD] UK - Im USD $18.67 Buy It Now 16 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - IN THE PASSING LIGHT OF DAY USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $17.35 Buy It Now 16 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - IN THE PASSING LIGHT OF DAY USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $14.54 Buy It Now 16 days
Pain of Salvation - In The Passing Light Of Day: Deluxe Edition [New CD] UK - Im USD $18.63 Buy It Now 16 days
Pain Of Salvation-In The Passing Light Of Day CD NEW USD $26.74 Buy It Now 17 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - IN THE PASSING LIGHT OF DAY 2 CD NEW+ USD $25.77 Buy It Now 17 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - IN THE PASSING LIGHT OF DAY CD NEW+ USD $13.30 Buy It Now 17 days
In the Passing Light of Day by Pain of Salvation. USD $18.41 Buy It Now 20 days
Pain Of Salvation-In The Passing Light Of Day (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $19.75 Buy It Now 20 days
In the Passing Light of Day by Pain of Salvation. USD $18.68 Buy It Now 22 days
PAIN OF SALVATION-IN THE PASSING LIGHT OF DAY CD NEW Rush Dream Theater Yes USD $11.00 Buy It Now 22 days
Pain of Salvation - In The Passing Light Of Day [New CD] USD $16.07 Buy It Now 23 days
Pain of Salvation - In The Passing Light Of Day [New CD] USD $16.28 Buy It Now 23 days
In the Passing Light of Day by Pain of Salvation. USD $15.06 Buy It Now 25 days
In the Passing Light of Day - Of Salvation Pain Compact Disc USD $18.70 Buy It Now 26 days
Pain of Salvation In the passing light of day WHITE 2LP Vinyl limited RARE USD $96.99 Buy It Now 26 days
PAIN OF SALVATION - IN THE PASSING LIGHT OF DAY 2 VINYL LP+CD NEW+ USD $30.32 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy PAIN OF SALVATION music online Buy PAIN OF SALVATION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

PAIN OF SALVATION In The Passing Light Of Day ratings distribution

PAIN OF SALVATION In The Passing Light Of Day reviews

Review by ProgShine
COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
3 stars After 6 years without releasing new material (because of Daniel Gildenl÷w's health problems) the Swedish group Pain Of Salvation release a brand new album with In the Passing Light of Day.

Although I was never a huge fan of the band, I always followed what they were doing and I always tried to listen to the records they were releasing. I also consider BE (2004) to be a fantastic piece of music.

In the Passing Light of Day mostly deals with the near death experience of band's leader Daniel Gildenl÷w when a few years back he had a serious skin cancer. Because of this In the Passing Light of Day is a darker record. Not that the previous albums of the group were not, but the theme used in the lyrics makes things a bit darker this time around. Daniel used the bed of a hospital as a central point for the subject of the album and the lyrics speak of the conflicts of a person who faces the possibility of death.

The album needs attention and is very dense, maybe that's why it has not 'dawned' on me yet, but in the first few spins the only thing I've got after that is that it is a good record, but it isn't any masterpiece. The album in general doesn't feel very cohesive. And all this density has been tied in almost 72 minutes of music, which makes sitting through the entire album quite a complicated experience.

In the Passing Light of Day has much heavier moments than the previous albums of the band. Pain Of Salvation always had a heavy sound, but I get the impression that this time the heavier elements are more present. But at the same time, the band gets closer and closer to 'Post Prog' of the modern bands, inserting many electronic moments and very Pop sounds between very heavy parts and all the 'weirdness' natural to them.

However, a fact makes me not want to go and listen the album again and again more than the other I mentioned, In the Passing Light of Day has one of the most horrible drums sounds I've heard in recent years. This is common with new bands that doesn~t have a big budget to record their albums, but big bands like Pain Of Salvation? What happened here?!?

Review by JJLehto
4 stars A return to their heavier, darker days but not really their old sound.

In the days before this album released I heard tons of talk about a return to the band's old days. After drifting for years with a variety of different styles, from the uber dense, grandiose "BE" to the bluesy 70s rock flavored Road Salt 1 & 2 and in between the anti American/hip hop culture rage fueled prog metal piece "Scarsick", "In The Passing Light of Day" was supposedly a return to their glory days.

While there is no doubt this album is a return to their heavy, darker days, (though I'd say Scarsick was certainly heavy and the Road Salts were not exactly light hearted affairs) it really is nothing like their first 4 albums. "In The Passing Light of Day" is a lot more straightforward, dare I say less progressive, than Entropia to Remedy Lane era Pain of Salvation. There's some of their classic syncopation, off tempo playing and heavy/light blend but this album is absolutely less explosive, innovative and zany than their classic era. While very heavy, it's not as "intense" as older albums, there are almost no solos, gone are the textured walls of music that stop, and sometimes turn, on a dime. The riffing and melodies are fairly straightforward and the drumming is solid but not anything to write home about. All that said, is the album bad? Not at all.

It may just take some getting used to. Daniel's vocals are brilliant as always, and the lyrics are somber and reflective, undoubtedly stemming from his brush with death from a flesh eating bacteria. Indeed, death and hospitalization are prominent on this album. The songs are mellow and moderately simple, but with enough heaviness throughout to prevent staleness. It's like a blend of Road Salt and their classic era, with the profanity tinged, punchy "Reasons" reminiscent of Scarsick. Call this album a summation of the band's career. It may take some time, and I feel like it still is fully sinking in for me, but this is a powerful, moving album. Some standouts are "On a Tuesday", "Full Throttle Tribe" and "Reasons". The 15 minute, mellow yet moving title track takes you on a slowly building journey to finish the album, which concludes with the sound of breathing in a hospital.

Daniel has gone through a harrowing experience, and clearly it had a major impact on him and provided him ample room to ponder. "In The Passing Light of Day" feels more like a musical telling of this experience, the most powerful one we know: dealing with death. THREE AND A HALF STARS (bump four stars)

5 stars There is no way to give out less than 5 stars here. This is the latest album from a musician who has always worn his heart and influences on his sleeve, but the only band you can be reminded of is Pain of Salvation. This album has it all; balls-out prog metal like "Full Throttle Tribe", a fun vo ... (read more)

Report this review (#1703638) | Posted by Corcoranw687 | Sunday, March 19, 2017 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I always expect incredible vocal performances from Daniel Gildenl÷w, but the songwriting for "In The Passing Light Of Day" is just stellar. This album is an instant classic that is up there with the other masterpieces from Pain of Salvation. It is not hard to place this gem up near the top with th ... (read more)

Report this review (#1691684) | Posted by javajeff | Saturday, February 11, 2017 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Before anything else, I should mention that Progressive Metal was never my cup of tea. In my opinion, Heavy Metal music, Progressive or not, should be more direct and straightforward, and kick the listener's stomach with its power and killer guitar riffs. Now that I made myself clear, I can g ... (read more)

Report this review (#1691161) | Posted by The Jester | Friday, February 10, 2017 | Review Permanlink

5 stars 'In the Passing Light of Day' is an amazing return to form for the legendary Pain of Salvation, a band which I've been a long time fan of but a band with which I've ultimately been disappointed by in their post Be output. What you will find in this now album is probably the most representative ... (read more)

Report this review (#1680240) | Posted by Hrvat | Sunday, January 15, 2017 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I've listenned a few times to In The Passing Light Of Day and it's a very different album from Pain of Salvation. It feels somewhat Road Salt albums meeting their old stuff. The mixing (with a very dry mix, especially the drums) remembers me a lot Road Salt, but then you have these heavy guitar ... (read more)

Report this review (#1679422) | Posted by Deadwing | Friday, January 13, 2017 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PAIN OF SALVATION "In The Passing Light Of Day"