SUSPENDED IN GAFFA

Kate Bush

Kate Bush Suspended in Gaffa album cover

Buy KATE BUSH Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1982

A. Suspended in Gaffa (3:52)
B. Ne t'enfuis pas (2:33)

See the album "The Dreaming" for musicians.

7" vinyl single. EMI 1C 006-64 972.

Thanks to Matti for the addition
and to projeKct for the last updates

Buy KATE BUSH Suspended in Gaffa Music

More places to buy KATE BUSH music online

KATE BUSH Suspended in Gaffa ratings distribution

KATE BUSH Suspended in Gaffa reviews

Review by Matti
2 stars The third single from The Dreaming was released in November 1982 in continental Europe; in the UK There Goes a Tenner was released instead. 'Suspended in Gaffa' has never been among my Kate Bush favourites, in fact it's one of those few songs that leave me rather intact. I have no idea what's it about (Wikipedia: "about seeing something one really wants, then not being able to ever experience it again"), and I don't like it musically either. Sort of bumpy what comes to melodies.

On the B side is her French-language song 'Ne t'enfuis pas' (=don't run away) which was used on some other singles too. Sonically more clinical and programmed, this feels closer to Kate Bush in the latter half of the 80's, reminding a bit of e.g. 'Experiment IV', although much less dramatic, or songs like 'Deeper Understanding' and 'Between a Man and a Woman' from the album The Sensual World (1989). The Fairlight and bass sound nice anyway. Not Kate Bush at her best of course, but an interesting non-album piece. Somehow it also reminds me of Talk Talk's It's My Life album.

For the boring album song however I don't want to give this single more than two stars.

Post a review of KATE BUSH "Suspended in Gaffa"

Donate monthly and keep PA fast-loading and ad-free forever.