THE MISSION

Buy STYX Music
Studio Album, released in 2017

1. Overture (1:23)
2. Gone Gone Gone (2:07)
3. Hundred Million Miles From Home (3:39)
4. Trouble At The Big Show (2:30)
5. Locomotive (5:03)
6. Radio Silence (4:17)
7. The Greater Good (4:10)
8. Time May Bend (2:30)
9. Ten Thousand Ways (1:22)
10. Red Storm (6:04)
11. All Systems Stable (0:17)
12. Khedive (2:04)
13. The Outpost (3:51)
14. Mission To Mars (2:43)

Total time 42:00

- James Young / guitar, vocals
- Tommy Shaw / acoustic & electric guitars, mandolin, vocals
- Lawrence Gowan / piano, Hammond, synth, vocals
- Ricky Phillips / bass guitar
- Chuck Panozzo / bass (3)
- Todd Sucherman / drums, percussion, waterphone

With:
- Will Evankovich / guitar, synth, sounds, producer

Artwork: Todd Gallopo

LP UMe ‎- B0026614-01 (2017, US)

CD UMe ‎- B0026466-02 (2017, US)

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy STYX The Mission Music

More places to buy STYX music online

STYX The Mission ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(17%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(69%)

STYX The Mission reviews

No collaborator/experts review or rating for the moment | Submit a review

4 stars Back in the day I had an automatic reaction when asked: "I'm not really into Styx". What a difference two generations make! This stuff is good, REALLY GOOD. After hearing users on Progarchives go back and forth...Styx is prog...no it's not...but wait, what about Dennis deYoung's new album? This is a ... (read more)

Report this review (#2457234) | Posted by gbjones | Sunday, October 18, 2020 | Review Permanlink

4 stars It's been around 40 year since hey-days of Styx. After such period the band returned with a new conceptual album The Mission. I had no big expectations, so it came as the biggest surprise this year so far. It turned out for me that this might, without any exaggeration, be one of their best record ... (read more)

Report this review (#1802487) | Posted by stewe | Wednesday, October 11, 2017 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Styx on a mission. What a nice surprise we got here.Styx making a concept album about the first manned mission to Mars. If you were not a fan of Styx before,I am sure this won't change your mind.But if like me, you were along for the ride in the 70ies,this is a fantastic album.For me the Equinox-P ... (read more)

Report this review (#1735395) | Posted by gr8dane | Monday, June 19, 2017 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of STYX "The Mission"

Donate monthly and keep PA fast-loading and ad-free forever.